Speaker 1: NFL Game Deview is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Everybody Long the game debut for sent About Caesar sports Foot, Patrick clayb I'm back here with Greg Rosenthal and Cynthia Freeland, one game away from the super Bowl. We got lines, prop bets, predictions, and all without vague references to Al Michaels. We just talk about it because that's all we do on this show.
Speaker 3: We do.
Speaker 4: We have picked every game all season long, and we've gotten each one of them correct.
Speaker 5: Okay, that's yeah.
Speaker 6: I actually think that we all have. Have we all been collectively wrong? Unconfirmed? I mean maybe if you add all of ours together, we've gotten them all correct.
Speaker 2: Probably there was one thing we were all collectively wrong on last week. That's because my theory beloved Detroit Lions lost to the Washington Commanders. But hey, Cynthia, you've still got the crown in the playoffs, one game ahead of Greg and I who are standing there at six and four, So you've got well there's some sort of victory.
Speaker 7: Sorry, or victories are not the same as Lions.
Speaker 3: I mean, which would you rather have a Super Bowl trophy? You're not even on.
Speaker 4: The team or back to back regular season postseason crowns over a lion.
Speaker 7: Super healthy for sure.
Speaker 2: The game of the week going down Sunday Night and Arrowhead. It is Josh Allen and the Bills against Mahomes and the Chiefs. This will be another chapter in what has already been an incredible rivalry.
Speaker 3: By the way you talk, you lean everything down on this.
Speaker 2: Poet doubt come out, you know, hold back everything we fought for.
Speaker 5: This is right here.
Speaker 3: So you're gonna run a flow pasta.
Speaker 8: And it's human pyro technics dressed in red, white and gold.
Speaker 2: Three touchdowns in the last minute and forty five seconds.
Speaker 5: Bills have the lead.
Speaker 2: Thirty six thirty three with thirteen seconds remaining.
Speaker 8: Mahomes looks to throw it pump faking right side.
Speaker 3: He wants in a comeback. It is cut by Kelsey Tuck's Down City Pub one.
Speaker 8: That's incredible divisional playoff game.
Speaker 3: Gonna roll out to his left, nowhere to go, fires to the end zone, and it's called for a touchdown. An unbelievable click of the wrist. Fake a pass.
Speaker 8: Now he'll run a thirty five yard line blocker thirty twenty five inside the twenty Chiefs twenty seven. Bill's twenty four one forty seven to go and the kick is no God, Helly's.
Speaker 1: Getting hell get here.
Speaker 2: Left and we'll get to our game picks for both championship games later on in the show. First, we're gonna break down the matchup, starting with the Bills and the Chiefs. Greg, who is your player to watch on offense in this one?
Speaker 3: I think it's Savior. You're Worthy. I know we know what we're gonna get out.
Speaker 4: Of Patrick Hohomes greatness and Travis Kelcey greatness. I'm not totally sure what we're getting out of Xavier Worthy yet. The early results in this playoff are excellent. Watch some of the catches that he had a week ago. That throw when Patrick Mahomes made it took a lot of trust, a lot of anticipation that his rookie receiver would be there and might have been the best contested catch Xavier Worthy made in the entire season.
Speaker 3: He can make plays after the catch.
Speaker 4: You're gonna use him with some of these short throws, but he really is the one guy on the team that has next level speed that can take advantage of what the Bills defense struggles at and that I think is team speed at the safety position.
Speaker 3: I think Worthy is so big for this Chiefs team.
Speaker 6: Well, you talked about Travis Kelce, So I'm actually gonna take the Travis Kelce torch here. Why because in the playoffs, Travis Kelce is ridiculous. If I'm looking at what he's done since twenty twenty in fourteen games, do you know many times he's exceeded the number that was forecast for him?
Speaker 5: How many all of them?
Speaker 7: Fourteen fourteen? That is fue one hundred.
Speaker 4: It's honesty, is the dumbest stat of all the chief stats.
Speaker 3: That's the most ridiculous.
Speaker 7: Yeah, we're just gonna let that simmer right there.
Speaker 6: But we're also add to that that he's had eighteen touchdowns in seventeen playoff games as well.
Speaker 7: Last week he was ridiculous.
Speaker 6: And this is going to be a crazy matchup because if you look at what happens when he matches up against a defensive backs versus linebackers, and he's likely to see linebackers in this one, it's like three yards more per catch. Ridiculous, just ridiculous. Against the Bills, a.
Speaker 2: Guy who hasn't had all that playoff success is a guy that I'm taking DeAndre Hopkins. I think a lot of attention goes the way of Exavior Worthy and Travis Kelcey, and so it gives him, the guy who came at the deadline, a chance to work against the Bills. He only ran nineteen routes in the game in Week eleven, only got one target last week. This thing though, DeAndre Hopkins has already played against the Buffalo Bills twice this season. Once was what the Tennessee Titans. Once was back and week eleven. That first game, he had one catch for negative one yards. And I do think with all of the volume of seeing this defense, DeAndre Hopkins plays a little bit of a factor, especially with all the attention going with the guys that we talked about first again three chiefs that we picked there, take note of that. Sticking with this game, let's a little bit over to the defensive side. Which player do you have your arm?
Speaker 4: Well, we got to give some love to the Bills. Let's talk a little Greg Russo my name's sake. Although he does have one less G than me, he said just fifty percent G but.
Speaker 3: A lot of sacks.
Speaker 4: It was practically a fifty percent pressure rate in that first game against the Chiefs. Now it's a different left tackle this time around, but Greg Russo is one of those defensive ends that wins with his strength.
Speaker 3: It's not about the moves.
Speaker 4: And bending the edge and what worked against Joe Tooney who's stepping in at left tackle for the Chiefs a week ago. I know Greg russoe is not Will Anderson, but a lot of it was pure power and I think Tooney was a little lighter. You can push him back. Greg Russo, like I said, had a monster game in that first one, and to me, he's an edge setter. He's one of the strongest defensive ends in the league, and that pressure from the left side has really bothered Patrick Mahomes throughout the course of the season. I think it's been a problem for them. I think it will be on Sunday as well.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 7: I'm looking at Terrell Bernard in this matchup.
Speaker 6: He came back from injury and it's been a huge uptick for this Bill's defense. It's not really about like discrete situational stats. I can't say the word stats, situational stats.
Speaker 7: There we go.
Speaker 6: It is all about his impact as a whole. He frees other people up to be able to get to the quarterback. He allows some coverage help. He really kind of does that all purpose thing that we need him to do. And in this case, he's probably gonna see a lot of that guy Travis Kelsey we talked about, and he's probably gonna have to help out if anything goes over the head of Matt Malon. There's a lot of stuff going on and with potential injuries to this defense in the secondary, and I'm talking about Taylor Rapp and Christian Benford who as of right now we have not seen them practice yet this week. That will be a big defense, defensive difference maker if we can get Terrell Bernard at full speed.
Speaker 2: I want to look at is the defensive difference maker as a whole, because it's like a black hole that draws attention and.
Speaker 5: Has gravity on this defense line.
Speaker 2: Of that's Chris Jones, who probably would have a Super Bowl MVP in his trophy case if you know, voters valued defense. He was doubled on thirty one point seven percent of his rushes against Buffalo and Week eleven when he wasn't he had six pressures. Four of them came in less than two point six seconds. And also remember Beck the forty nine Ers had a chance to win the Super Bowl against the Chiefs. They singled up Chris Jones. It didn't even actually block him correctly.
Speaker 5: At all, a game rerecord. Why why are you?
Speaker 4: Why why can't we make a defensive Super Bowl MVP given offense, give a defense like more awards or recognize these men.
Speaker 5: Let's just take cowardice out of this.
Speaker 2: If a defensive player is dominating the game, it's okay.
Speaker 5: To give it to the defender every once in a while. Let's get some over under as.
Speaker 2: We get to the total for the Bills in the Chiefs is forty seven in a half. I've actually got the over in this one, fifty two. We'll tell you who scores those points later on in the show. But I do not foresee a bit of a rock fight here. We just saw a breakdown of these teams going up and down the field in their playoff history.
Speaker 4: I like the over here, Greg, I agree with you. I actually am going way over. It might be too low, but I have sixty two points in a shame. You might say sixty two, that's a ridiculous number.
Speaker 3: It's fifteen.
Speaker 4: It's actually less than the average amount of points scored in this matchup. In the playoffs between the Bills and the Chiefs, the last three times they've played like it has been an average of over sixty three points. I do think ultimately these defenses aren't as good, and I know the Chiefs haven't been as explosive this year, but I think they're coming around at the right time offensively that they'll be able to keep up in a shootout and not telling you is gonna win, but I think it's gonna be all points all the time.
Speaker 6: Well, I mean, you only got to be over by half a point in this case, and I am over by one and a half points. Forty nine points is my totalness matchup, So it might not seem like as high of scoring as Greg has it, but I still have the over as well. I'm looking for some really vintage like you know, Andy Reid Circle, like preseason, you know, Game three back in the day. Who knows, but I'm thinking we're gonna see some weird things. And then Joe Brady's out here, he's looking for the head coaching job, so I think we're gonna see a lot of creativity from both offensive play callers. And like I said, imagine like a preseason game three. Oh yeah, this is when you know, Patrick said that he liked, you know, cheeseburgers as well.
Speaker 2: So this is what I call it as for our show, It's time for Mick the Case, which is not a reference to a certain Canadians legal team which needs to stop doing it. Let's dive into these championship matchups.
Speaker 5: Some more and play some fill in the blank guys.
Speaker 2: Buffalo is trying to go back to the super Bowl for the first time since the nineties.
Speaker 5: Greg, the Bills will win if blank.
Speaker 4: Happens, if they can get pressure on Patrick Mahomes with just four down line minutes.
Speaker 3: It's the old recipe.
Speaker 4: It's obvious and it's true, and it's what stands out to me from the first matchup that they had this season, the Bill's got more pressure than the Chiefs did despite blitzing far less. I don't know if it was a matchup thing. I think this four man pass rush I talked about Greg Russo before has actually underperformed at times this year, and yet when they're at their best at Oliver, he'll give you a lot of problems. I think Von Miller is playing better at the end of the season. I mentioned Rousseau before, and this Chief's offensive line has been very up and down. You do not want to have to send extra defenders at Patrick Mahomes like the Bills were forced to do a week ago against Lamar Jackson. That was them kind of getting out of what they do. Get pressure with four and they can win.
Speaker 5: All right, let's flip it to the other sides and the Chiefs will win. If what happens.
Speaker 6: They can force Josh Allen to get uncomfortable and throw in uncomfortable situations. One of the recipes for this team this season that has worked out so well is not turning the ball over. Now, if you force Josh Allen to throw in uncomfortable situations, perhaps if they're not winning, or if it's a close game, or if they feel like there's some sort of time constraint, this could be a recipe for a crucial turnover. It would be crucial for the Chiefs defense.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 6: In the first matchup, Spencer Brown was not playing, and we saw that what happens there is a little bit more pressure. Spencer Brown has actually been the best right tackle at limiting pressures on passing down so if you're gonna force Josh Allen to throw, perhaps you're gonna have to look a little bit elsewhere because that big he is also huge. He's like six ' eight and he's all of six to eight, So it's not like it's going to be an easy task.
Speaker 2: All right, let's go over to the NFC Greg. The upstart Commanders will win if this happens.
Speaker 4: I'm not rooting for this, but if Jalen hurts just squeezes the ball a little too tight, and I mean two things by that number one. What number one is just he's just holding on to it and he's not making decisions. And people mentioned last week, oh, his time to throw was one of his best all year. Yeah, that's because he never threw it. He just kept taking sacks that were over four seconds long. It would have been much higher if he was making quicker decisions. And when he makes quick decisions, he's one of the better quarterbacks in the league. And when he holds onto the ball not so much. And then when I say too tight, I also mean like that the team is tight, that the crowd, you fall behind in the game that they're expected to win, and maybe you're not playing the loose type of game that you need your leader Jalen Hurts to play.
Speaker 2: All right, well, let's cheer that crowd up, Cynthia. If Philly wins, if they.
Speaker 6: Don't hold the balls to tight just kidding, I'm looking at this one, and they get pressure on Jaden Daniels in both the run and pass game. Sam Cosby, not playing in this one, talked about a right tackle this time. We're going to talk about right tackle in this game as well. If you can keep Jade and Daniels in his rookie mode meaning not being able to see exactly what the defense is throwing at him, not understanding false leverages meaning is it man is its own. If you pressure him to have to throw too fast or he can't scramble, you're gonna get some pressure on him.
Speaker 7: And that's going to be the path forward for the Eagles.
Speaker 2: All right, there's the path ahead for all four teams. So congratulations, you can't win if.
Speaker 5: All those things happens.
Speaker 2: Time for expert playmakers presented by into it Turbo tax.
Speaker 5: Let's do a little this guy or that.
Speaker 2: Guy with some star players, Greg who's going to have more passing touchdowns? On Sunday Josh Allen or Patrick Mahomes.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna go Alan. He had the course of this season. I know he could get it with his legs.
Speaker 7: That's what I'm thinking about.
Speaker 3: But I think the Chiefs are gonna be ready for that.
Speaker 4: And the Chiefs are a great rush defense and they know that. That's how Josh Allen and the Bills want to get it done in the red zone. So I will go Josh Allen. It's been a better passing team overall. It's been more explosive over the course of the season.
Speaker 2: All Right, Cynthy, Who will have more total touchdowns in this one passing and rushing combined, Jayden Daniels or Jalen Hurts.
Speaker 6: Jalen Hurts Here why a touch push is almost to guarantee. And if looking at where you can exploit this defense all the secondary has some areas where you could make a nice mismatch with aj Brown, DeVante Smith, Dallas Goddard. There's just a lot of different pass catching options in this one.
Speaker 2: All Right, this one's for me. More touchdowns James Cook or Kareem Hunt. And I'm going on the other side of where Gregson is because I think Josh Allen will play hero ball and have rushing touchdowns in this one, which we'll keep James Cook, who's the all time leader tied for single season touchdowns in Buffalo. I'm gonna go with Korea because I think he'll get more opportunities and we'll get vulted by his quarterback. Let's go back to Greg here more receiving yards Sunday, Scary Terry or AJ Brown.
Speaker 4: I have to go with Scary Terry, who actually isn't the leading receiver for Washington this offseason, but he's very close and he's been excellent all season long.
Speaker 3: He has such a high target share.
Speaker 4: When Jayden Daniels is throwing the ball, he's looking for number seventeen. It's a great secondary and yet he's made plays against the Eagles this year. Terry McLaurin, he can do it all, but he's the contested catch god, so even if he's not open, he is going to make that grab against cornerback on the Eagles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, such a great season. So glad to see him finally not just a viable quarterback, a really good quarterback speaking a really good Cynthia is Saquon Barkley good? Well, Okay, so we've established the Saquon is good, so we're gonna have to make it a little more difficult for him in the sky or that guy, Saquon Barkley have more rushing yards than the entire Washington Commander's team.
Speaker 6: You're saying the word rushing yard, yes, not receiving yards by a running back.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 7: The answer is Saquon.
Speaker 6: Barkley will have more rushing yards than all of the Washington commanders.
Speaker 7: JU say, rude, yeah, super rude.
Speaker 4: You got Jayden Daniels involved, We got Austin Ekeler.
Speaker 7: Yeah, he's gonna go stand in Ryan Robbinson.
Speaker 5: You just add this guy runfield by himself.
Speaker 6: It's all about them explosive runs, baby, those ten plus yarders. Saquon Barkley, he has so many rushes that are at least ten yards, like more than double the next closest guy.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 7: I just think he could easily get this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and he can also wave goodbye like that, or maybe late in the game he slides down and saves it for.
Speaker 5: One more game in New Orleans.
Speaker 2: Speaking on one more last one here, who has more receptions Sunday Khalil Shakir or Xavier Worthy? I think Xavier Worthy has a nice game, but in terms of receptions, I'm going Khalil Shakir mainly because I get the short passing game involved. The Chiefs has I had an up and down run defense this year in the playoffs, they've been solid.
Speaker 5: Against the run.
Speaker 2: I think that kind of becomes an extension of the run game, and they get them involved, get a lot of options and a lot of targets.
Speaker 4: For Khalil, he's like Cole Beasley, plus you know his old buddy Cole Beasley who Josh Allen loves to look to it.
Speaker 3: So it's that plus a little more Patrick.
Speaker 6: Would you say it was more yards? Would you have Worthy or would you have Shakir? I'm not I love the receptions called, but if it was yards, would you twitch it?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I feel more likely that Xavier Worthy is going to pop one, but share.
Speaker 6: We're with the yak baby just wait. But I'm with you Shakira with the number of receptions. But maybe Worthy with that yak factor, could have more yards.
Speaker 2: But both of those guys can do some work with the ball in their hands. Still can't wait to see all of these games, and we got to pick them. We're gonna do that coming up, and Jamee Daniels is gonna be the first rookie starting quarterback maybe to make a Super Bowl. We're diving in to who the different difference makers are going to be for the Commanders and Eagles. You're watching game debut presented by Caesar Sports get.
Speaker 5: A matchup between teams and the division. So let's look back at both times.
Speaker 2: The Eagles played the Commanders, the first place in the East on the line in week eleven, third and three from the twenty three there no Saquon Barkley into the end zone. The Eagles would win twenty six to eighteen. They would stay in first place in the East, and we'd skip ahead to Week sixteen. The Eagles we're doing pretty well first quarter already leading seven to nothing. Second in twenty Hurts keeping it himself on a design run for thirteen yards. Problem is he got his head smashed into the ground trying to convince the official he was okay.
Speaker 5: He was not.
Speaker 2: He would miss not just the rest of this game, but another game after that as he gets the hit to the head and so into the game would not come Jalen Hurts. They would go to the backup quarterback. But let's not talk about that. Let's talk about Jaden Daniels.
Speaker 5: He hits Terry McLaurin there.
Speaker 2: To pick up ten yards with the thirty five yard line trailing thirty three to twenty eight, same score. Later on less than a minute and six, Jayden keeping it in mn himself first and ten. After that big twelve yard game, he led the team in rushing yards for the second straight week. Five plays later, ten seconds going no touchdown to Jamison Crowder, Brahm Weinstein went now.
Speaker 3: Stouch out watching time.
Speaker 2: The Commanders came back to win it thirty six to thirty three after five turnovers. And so now we're all set for round three of this matchup between the Commanders and the Eagles. The stakes are as high as ever. Let's talk some players to watch. Who do we watch on offense, Cynthia.
Speaker 6: I'm going with the easy one here, and that's Jaden Daniels. Why well, he's just setting rookie records left and right. One of them that I really think is interesting in this matchup is how well he's done against pressure against the blitz stones are necessarily the same thing what we've seen from him in his ability to scramble, he makes great decisions, he keeps his head about him. In fact, he might not even know how big of a moment this is. I don't even know if he's had time to process it, right. He hasn't had those years in the league thinking about, hey, if I could just make it to the NFL Championship game just this once, right, So perhaps that's something that will work well and work in his favor, especially because it's against a familiar opponent. So I'm really interested to see if the moment is too big, or if they can kind of center him and keep him doing the things we've been seeing him do all season long.
Speaker 4: Well, you said you're going for obvious themes. We have to talk about Saquon Barkley. It's my offensive player to watch. And I'm gonna let you in on a little secret, oh that the mainstream media doesn't want. The success rate for the Eagles rushing attack hasn't been that great for the last month. It really started in that Commander's game, if you remember, had some big runs early and everyone said, oh, Jalen hurts left and then it didn't work that well. And that's fine, but they're blocking wasn't great for him, And if you look at the success rate really over his last four games, and this even includes the playoff game, it's down significantly from where it was the rest of the season. Now they're hitting the explosives and if he goes for seventy or eighty, it doesn't really matter. But I do think it's interesting against a rush defense that's struggle all season if the Commanders can prevent the fours, the fives, the six that set up easy situations to pass on third down, and then they will have a chance in this game. And for the last few weeks, whether it's the Rams or even the Commanders defense, for much of that game, they actually have been stopping Saquan for one yard games. Two yard games usually the dan breaks because he's one of the best players of all time, But that's the best you can hope for, is just stopping him getting one in two yard games throughout the courts of the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's important to be consistent because when you're not, it doesn't work out. And one thing was consistent early on this season, zach Ertz was doing basically nothing. But then he got to Philadelphia, looked across the sideline, and he saw Nick Sirianni and that has pushed zach Ertz to score seven touchdowns since then, all inspired by spite. They walks off the field, gets it an altercation with the head coach of the Eagles, a franchise that he's scored a game winning touchdown in the Super Bowl four and since then he's been on fire. He had five targets against the Lions.
Speaker 5: You call five of them.
Speaker 2: He had a touchdown in that game. And I think you gotta watch him, especially all third downs.
Speaker 5: Jane.
Speaker 2: This is not a meme like Jane Daniels is trusting his tight end and he's making plays. So yeah, I think you should watch for zach Ertz in this matchup. Let's switch over to the defenses. Now, who do you have your eye.
Speaker 7: On, Cynthia Frankie Louvu?
Speaker 6: Why because all quarterbacks should have their eye on him, but specifically Jalen Hurts. Why because of his eight sacks It just came on twenty nine pressures. That thirty one percent pressure to sack ratio or sack to pressure ratio, excuse me, is the second highest in the National Football League. Frankie Louv has been a big reason why this defense has actually had a nice up into the right trajectory this season. He just keeps playing better and better. This is a very dan Quinn like guy. It matches him very very well. I think this will be one to watch in this matchup.
Speaker 4: I am also going to talk about a Commander's player who's acquired in a trade. It was Marshawn Lattimore and the last thing you might remember about him was Mike Evans really getting the better of him in the wildcardown. Yet last week you didn't see a lot of them on the screen, and you mentioned. Our friend Bram Weinstein, who who covers the Washington Commanders, came out on the NFL Daily podcast and he thought Latimore had his best game as a Commander by far. I decided to go back and looked at some of the numbers, watch some of the tape, and he was moving well and seemed to be back in the flow. He was coming off of a hamstring injury. He seems to be fully healthy, and this is the matchup that they got him.
Speaker 3: For AJ Brown in a big spot.
Speaker 4: AJ Brown has haunted this Commander's team over the last few years. Latimore has the physicality to try to match him in the call to keep an eye on Latimore.
Speaker 3: That is the matchup to watch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, regardless, it could be a tough matchup, but he gives the defense so many more options to try how to take that matchup one on one. I will also take a former Saint who hates Dennis Allen and go with CJ. Gardner Johnson because when they brought Gardner Johnson back, they knew that they needed help. They had to make changes in the secondary. Then they go and draft two very good rookies and this defense has been spectacular, especially late in the season. They lost to the Commanders, not just happening because Jalen Hurts left the game, but.
Speaker 5: Gardner Johnson got rant from that game late.
Speaker 2: I think it would be a lot tougher to score that touchdown with less than ten seconds to go, if CJGJ had remained in the game, So he would be my defensive player to one.
Speaker 4: I mean, poor DA might be a huge game deviut fan. He's just turning on the program and just gets a wild straight from Patrick.
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I was gonna ask how many former Stains payers like DA, but you are current stray.
Speaker 5: We go from talking about Marshall Ladlewoord CJ. Gardner Johnson. It felt like the obvious segue to make.
Speaker 2: Let's go to over under as we get to the point total for the Commanders and Eagles. Right now, it's at forty seven and a half and a lot like the AFC game.
Speaker 5: I like the over here.
Speaker 2: I've got fifty two points, which next forty seven feel like not at all a problem.
Speaker 5: But we've seen this.
Speaker 2: Washington Commander's team go up and down the field against everybody. This Eagles defense is good. I don't think they're gonna hold him to that much. And of course I believe the Eagles can score as well. So I got the open.
Speaker 3: This one was close for me.
Speaker 4: I have it at forty nine, but that is over so we're gonna stay consistent. I don't think the passing games will go as crazy, so it's more of a running game for both teams. But you think about the Eagles secondary, you think about the struggles the Eagles passing attack has had on offense, and I think it'll be close.
Speaker 3: But right at the very.
Speaker 4: End, you're sweating it out and it's a last minute field goal to get you over.
Speaker 6: Well, I have a fifty point game, so that too, is over. We can we're a meme of overs, an over meme. In fact, I'm looking at this one and I think that what we have here is a Cliff Kingsbury situation where he's done a good job of looking at past teams that have had success against the teams he plays and kind of just taking those ways and making it happen for his team. And then we know Saquan is at least going to have one touchdown, So there we go on that side too.
Speaker 3: James and Bills from the AFC Championship.
Speaker 2: Let's look back at when they played back in week eleven, the quarterbacks greeting each other, acknowledging both of their prowesses prowlysses. You can see the prowess of Patrick Mahomes here rolling to his right, hitting Noah Gray in the back of the end zone to cut into that lead with seven minutes a round, seven minutes to go on the ball game. Let's fast forward to two minutes and thirty seconds. Mahomes waiting for a chance to get the ball back. Team mc dumma says, hey, Josh pump fake to TDD Johnson and then just go full nuclear destructive quarterback fabricated in a lab mode twenty six yard touchdown run, and that would do it. The Kansas City Chiefs had their first loss of the season. The Buffalo Bills won their sixth straight. The Chiefs fell to nine to one. They would only lose one more game, which was an asterisk because they weren't trying. And now these two teams are back at it. It's time for Seas the Season presented by the Caesar Sportsbook. Looking at the first touchdown score, odds, yes, the guy we just saw going into the end zone Josh Allen, then James Cook, and then a host of Chiefs led by Travis Kelcey. So, now, folks, some moment you've all been waiting for. Time for us to make our picks in the ANFC Championship game between the Bills and the Chiefs. Well, Josh Allen, Alfalo finally get past the Bills that did to the Super Bowl, get past the Chiefs, or will Casey's quest for three peet continue?
Speaker 5: Cynthia, what happens?
Speaker 6: I have the Kansas City Chiefs twenty five to twenty four. This is about as close as they come.
Speaker 7: When I'm looking at this matchup.
Speaker 6: I'm looking at the defense for the Bills, because both quarterbacks have been playing really, really well. Both quarterbacks are absolute first Pellett Hall of Famers. But they get to play each other's defenses, right, They don't have to play Actually that's true other hey, you know, hey, but I'm looking at what Patrick Mahomes has been able to do in the playoffs and the playoffs, specifically against the Bills. He's undefeated against the Bills when he and Josh Allen have matched up in the postseason, obviously not in the regular season. When I'm looking at what could happen in this one, though, I'm worried about those missing potential pieces. I haven't seen Taylor Rap yet, I have not seen Christian Benford.
Speaker 7: That is a problemo when you.
Speaker 6: Have eighty seven and fifteen and also Xavier Worthy and also all the other people who could potentially have even just one catch to make it a big difference in the schemes. So by the slimmest of margins nam Patrick Mahomes returning.
Speaker 7: To try to win his third Super Bowl in a row.
Speaker 3: Look at old Cynthia.
Speaker 4: You know, all right, I'm just saying you're being sneaky here one point win with a one and a half.
Speaker 3: She's rid of that.
Speaker 6: Caught me a coward earlier, So the models being a coward.
Speaker 7: I'm not trying to be a coward. It's just what the model does.
Speaker 2: I'm going to be nice to the model. Eventually the model will consume all of us. I also have a Chiefs win. Mine is by significantly more points relatively to Cynthia twenty nine to twenty three, because I saw something. We look back and saw those Chiefs Bills postseason highlights.
Speaker 5: He saw Tyreek Hill running into the end zone by himself.
Speaker 2: I'm not making this comparison, but I saw something with Xavier Worthy against the Houston Texans and the trust that Patrick Mahomes had for him.
Speaker 5: Cynthia mentioned the injuries.
Speaker 2: In the secondary for the Buffalo Bills, who do have kind of a problem in dealing with speed. Xavier Worthy, of course has it, and I've seen this maturation of Xavier Worthy in the offense.
Speaker 5: Also, Andy Reid's perception of how.
Speaker 2: To utilize Xavier Worthy makes me believe that the Chiefs, yes it's boring, are going right back to the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: He used the word mature machurition better than old.
Speaker 4: Okay saying, no one ever accused me of being mature, but I am definitely old.
Speaker 3: And I've been around long enough.
Speaker 4: To see this Bills team knocking on the door just over and over, and sometimes in sports, it's your time to break through. This is the Buffalo Bills time. Thirty two to thirty.
Speaker 3: They get it done.
Speaker 4: It's not just because I picked them before the season to win the Super Bowl, but.
Speaker 3: That doesn't hurt. Let's just scrag it up all the way to New Orleans.
Speaker 4: Let's go back through these games, especially this one in the Divisional round, where Josh Allen and this offense was playing at a level they were ready to go win a super Bowl. And yet I say this, this is the best offense the Bills have ever had. It's the most points they've ever scored in this stretch. They have made it to the Divisional round or further for five straight years. They've been in the top five of point differential for five straight years, averaging twelve wins a year throughout this time. And yet this is the best team, the best position team to beat the Chiefs because they're like the Chiefs, they can win any type of game. They're diverse, they can run, they can beat you any sort of way, and they don't make mistakes on either side of the ball. I think their coaches are better. I think the quarterback's better. It's their time. Let's go Bills, all right, Grady's got the Bills, folks firing up.
Speaker 2: That was season season presented by Caesar Sportsbook Pat just one dollar double booster you next ten bets up to twenty five dollars.
Speaker 5: Terms and conditions do apply. Must be twenty one plus. Folks.
Speaker 2: Don't miss any of the action this weekend with the NFL Plus stream the entire NFL postseason, including every playoff.
Speaker 5: Game and Super Bowl fifty nine live on mobile.
Speaker 2: Subscription required for NFL Plus visit plus dot NFL dot com in order to acquire the terms. It's time for more or less, as we will acquire some foam fingers and get some player props for this game. Cynthia will Josh Allen have more or less than two hundred and seventy seven total yards.
Speaker 7: Total yards total more?
Speaker 6: We told all of us agreed that it's more, because you know, we just wanted to come out these less people, but that would follow that more yards equals more points in this game.
Speaker 7: I think you're.
Speaker 6: Going to have to see Josh Allen use his.
Speaker 7: Legs quite a bit. You actually do.
Speaker 6: Typically see him do it against the Chiefs more often and in the postseason. So two trends here align and alongside some passing yards as well.
Speaker 2: So more another quarterback also playing in this game, Greg tends to kind of go on running journeys in the postseason, even on gimpie legs. How many rushing yards, let's go more or less? Twenty two and a half rushing yards? Patrick Mahomes twenty five and a half rushing yard.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go less.
Speaker 4: It's partly based on what I saw a week ago against the Texans. They did such a good job not going past Mahomes, some of the defensive tackles almost waiting for him to scramble. This was his one success scramble here in the regular season, but last week it was one of his worst games.
Speaker 3: As a scrambler.
Speaker 4: And I just think the Bills have lost in the same sort of wag him home so many times. Aren't they sick of it? Won't they just have a good defensive game plan to not let Mahomes scramble, because you know when he scrambles, it's only when he absolutely needs to rip your heart out and they're sick of it.
Speaker 3: This is not the time.
Speaker 6: Do you know how many defenses would love to stop Patrick Bults.
Speaker 3: I know, but the technical of that did it. They had the blueprint. Just follow what they did.
Speaker 2: It reminds me that Lou Williams pres conference where they couldn't stop Kevin Durant and it's like, hey, I promise we tried.
Speaker 5: That was the goal.
Speaker 7: The problem is Patrick Mary. We're just gonna let him.
Speaker 2: Going up against Travis Kelsey also something you want to try. At sixty eight and a half receiving yards as number Cynthia outlined, fourteen consecutive playoff games he has gone above the number.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna go more, and I.
Speaker 2: Feel like sixty eight feels easy. I'm thinking up up into the seventies or eighties. More for Travis Kelce, which will also mean some shots of his girlfriend as well in THEFC champions.
Speaker 7: More, more shots of them.
Speaker 5: More, We'll get that number on.
Speaker 2: No, just kidding, all right, when we come back, we're making our picks any NFC commanders or Eagles, how worried. Should Eagles fans be about Jalen hurts his knee and as anyone bold enough to take Jaden's squad one soul is, we'll tell you who. After this quick break, it's time for home field advantage presented by Zillow Eagles and Commanders at the Link. Philly has lost only one game at home all season, but Jayden Daniels has proven to be special.
Speaker 5: Who wins the football.
Speaker 6: Games in Philadelphia, but only by four points?
Speaker 7: That guy Saquon Barkley.
Speaker 6: You're right, the mainstream media does want to say that Saquan's just the.
Speaker 7: King and there's no asterisk there.
Speaker 6: However, it's all about those elusive and explosive runs and this is where he really succeeds.
Speaker 7: It only takes one to bust for a touchdown.
Speaker 6: I hated it twice against the Rams last week, and it was cold, cold, cold there. From looking at the opportunity against Washington. Yes, they're good at not forcing missed tackles or not missing tackles. The problem is is you have to be close enough for that metric to even count.
Speaker 7: I don't know if they're going.
Speaker 6: To be close enough to get after this guy. Saquon Barkley knows what's at stake. Saquon Barkley has been brought to this team specifically to get them to the big game, and I think that this is where he absolutely shines.
Speaker 7: But again, just four points. I don't think it's a runaway victory.
Speaker 2: I am going to cheat and look at Cynthia's paper and also get a four point Eagles win twenty eight to twenty four in this one. Because also a very good football player who hasn't forgotten how to play football is Aj Brown. I still have faith in this Eagles passing game. And Greg mentioned historically the success that he has had against this team.
Speaker 5: There is scoring a touchdown.
Speaker 2: We've had pass interference calls against Marshawn Lattimore earlier on in this season. He also had to drop last week against the Rams that could have necessarily changed that game. I don't think you can play defense against Aj Brown, saying well, I hope maybe he drops the ball. I think he makes the plays. I think Davante and Dallas Goddard make plays. When those three are around. It's very tough to beat this team with their starting quarterback. Greg, I've got a birds fly into the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: In New York.
Speaker 4: So we all agree on this one that the Commanders will cover that six points and if we're gonna have it be close. I went back and forth all week. At first I thought Eagles are just more talented. Yeah, if I don't know who's gonna win. But no, let's trust scrag it up. Let's take the Commanders to win this game.
Speaker 3: Because if you look at.
Speaker 4: These two coaching staffs, everyone agrees, you know that this is going.
Speaker 3: To be close.
Speaker 4: Which coaching staff do you trust making smart decisions? Which quarterback do you trust making smart decisions in a close game in the fourth quarter? Is it Nick Sirianni just letting the clock run out at the end of the first half last week or making some crazy play are becoming the main character? Is it Jalen Hurts making quick decisions in the biggest of moments, Or is.
Speaker 3: It Dan Quinn on fourth downs?
Speaker 4: He's taking Doug Peterson's old lead with Howie Roseman back in the day on the Eagles and they're always going for fourth down and they're always getting it. Who's calmer under pressure? It's Jayden Daniels At quarterbacks. Sometimes it's not just about the depth charts. Obviously the Eagles are more talented, but there is something really special about this Commander's team. I think they're going to be playing loose. I think they're gonna be ready to win, and I think they win a tight one.
Speaker 2: See there, It is a little insight. As our teams were eliminated last week. Greg still believes in magic. Cynthia and I are doubtful about the existence of magic right about now. Let's look through the player props in the conference championships. In total Jane Daniels going over two hundred and seventy eight to total yards, Sakwon Barkley one hundred and twenty eight and a half, Terry looking at a slim number sixty four and a half receiving yards, Josh Allen one and a half passing touchdowns of Patrick Mahomes with two hundred and fifty two and a half passards. Let's take a look at all of the games this weekend. When it comes for who we think will pass for the most yards, we're all going with different guys. Cynthia, you think it's a certain quarterback.
Speaker 5: In Kansas City.
Speaker 6: Yeah, there's the magic there with Patrick Mahomes and third down, But Also, they have this formula. You talk about Xavier Worthy, what are they doing differently with him?
Speaker 7: Well, they're throwing him shorter passes.
Speaker 6: This average depth of target has been basically cut in half. And you know what still counts, yack baby, that counts for Patrick Mahomes. So between Worthy, between Hollywood, between eighty seven, between all the different pieces. DeAndre Hopkins, I'm with you on that as well. I just think that this is more of a pass heavy offense, and that's why I think he has the most.
Speaker 7: Also, I like sitting like this now.
Speaker 3: Who knew.
Speaker 6: I've just been in this chair all season long, and now I'm just like, Oh, this is more comfortable.
Speaker 7: It's better.
Speaker 3: I like me some Josh Allen this week.
Speaker 4: I mean to me, he's been the most consistent just passer of these three throughout the course of the season.
Speaker 3: So I've taken out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, mine is just pure game script. I think the Commanders get behind and Jaden's gonna have to be thrown a whole lot.
Speaker 5: Let's move on to who we think will have the.
Speaker 2: Most receiving yards this weekend.
Speaker 5: Greg, You're going off the menu.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 4: I'm going Dammy Brown, I put up the TAPO the last couple of weeks, and you watch what Dammy Brown has been doing where he's led the Washington Commanders in receiving yards this season.
Speaker 3: And it's not just like one game. He pops up.
Speaker 4: Two games in a row where he's very steady, and you see the type of routes that he's running.
Speaker 7: Brian Branch caught him from behind, though.
Speaker 4: Brian Branch is amazing. That catch was amazing, that throw was amazing. You have him work in the outside, but he can also do the crossers. He can also beat you with some yak and I don't think it's fluky, a lot of suddenness when you watch his routes coming in and out of breaks. Maybe sometimes it's the guy that you don't see coming Dammy Brown.
Speaker 2: All right, some Dammy Brown love. Let's flip over to the defense. Who's gonna have the most sacks this weekend? We all picked different guys, but I'm going with the guy who I'm trying to get retroactively give the Super Bowl MVP too, and that is Chris Jones who most it's gonna be easier to rush the passer from the edge. We'll see how much Spags allows him to do that, or if he's just gonna soak up attention on the interior. But wherever he plays, he makes plays. I've got Chris Jones the most sexes.
Speaker 6: I picked George kr Loft is because he saw three sacks last week because of all the attention that we're given to Chris Jones.
Speaker 7: So I kind of drafted off yours. But whatever, I'm still taking it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I Patrick said, I believe in magic.
Speaker 3: I mean I believe in magic.
Speaker 4: Johnson, He's gonna be very worried about this Jalen Carter match. There it is because it's it might take magic to stop this man, Jalen Carter against a backup without Sam Cosmy out there. That is the matchup that worries me the most as someone who had just picked the.
Speaker 5: Commander's time for write this down.
Speaker 2: As we get some predictions for Championship Sunday, why don't we have the man who is on fire right now and write this down, Greg Rosendal.
Speaker 4: I'm straight right, this downs eight out of nine, and so I'm doubling down and I'm making it even harder on myself.
Speaker 3: Jayden Daniels goes over.
Speaker 4: Fifty five and a half rushing yards. I think he's gonna need to run to win. And then he just pair that with my commander's victory. So it's not even covering the six points. It's just as flat out commanders win. You smash them together. We're rolling the dice and we're going in New Orleans with it.
Speaker 3: Let's go.
Speaker 7: What's the expression.
Speaker 6: It's like pigs get fed and hogs get slaughtered. I think you're going for the slaughter. I'm gonna stay with the commanders, but I'm going with Austin Eckler and his receiving.
Speaker 7: Yard number over twenty three and a half. That could happen in the first quarter. I am fine taking this one. I love this opportunity.
Speaker 6: If you get that Jalen Carter pressure, if you get pressure from Zach Bond, anywhere where is he going to look, Well, it's going to be Austin Eckler and those receiving yards.
Speaker 7: Austin Eckler is good for them, for sure.
Speaker 4: That's one catch him just rolling down the sidelines and bowling over people.
Speaker 2: And we also have talked about Saquon Barkley's ability to make long plays in the run game. He can also do it in the past game, which is why I look at Jalen Hurts's total being at one hundred and eighty one and a half passing yards and.
Speaker 5: I think he's gonna go north of.
Speaker 2: That number because we saw Mikay Beckton get called for that illegal man downfield and that could have been a big game in the screen game. This team can really make is in the pass the game. They just haven't really needed to. I think they need to this week, and I think he goes over one eighty one and a half.
Speaker 7: We all picked the NFC game. That's very funny, Okay, so we need to do one an.
Speaker 5: Give us a free one, free one.
Speaker 6: We're going with a Josh Allen rushing touch I know he didn't say so, but he also that that's hogwash. We're gonna go with Josh Allen rushing touchdown.
Speaker 3: I mean, disrespectful. I'm the king.
Speaker 5: You called me old.
Speaker 7: Patrick is the king of it. Patrick has the this year.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the games, folks. We have fed pigs, we have slaughtered them, we.
Speaker 6: Have washed them, and now I'm old Joy.
Speaker 7: Need an app, I need an app. I'm old.
Speaker 1: NFL game Deviut is a production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeart Radio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.