Speaker 1: So I found I don't know if this is even a good idea, because it's I found a back page journal entry.
Speaker 2: It's not on a piece of paper.
Speaker 3: Is it from the same journal as before?
Speaker 1: Yes, the same journal, but I wrote it on the inside hardcover.
Speaker 3: Did you write your own epilogue? What's going on?
Speaker 2: Basically?
Speaker 1: I I was sitting on my desk and I opened it and I was like, oh my, it'll just.
Speaker 2: Really give you in some ways.
Speaker 3: It really is.
Speaker 1: It's actually very sad. I'm gonna read it very funny, but it's very sad because it really will give you into like a real peak into the mind of teenage Danielle in the nineties.
Speaker 3: But I know I'm not alone.
Speaker 2: Like I know it was.
Speaker 1: The nineties in general were a time where you know, uh, there was really no such thing as body positivity. You were you everyone was chasing a wafe look, and if you had curves or if you had any sort of extra weight, it was really something you were supposed to feel bad about. And I have always been the type of person who I gain weight relatively quickly, and but I gain it evenly. I don't necessarily have one like quote unquote problem area where all my weight goes to this area. I gain weight in this area, and then when my body's like, well that's enough weight there, I just moves on to another area until I have a soft plumpness everywhere.
Speaker 2: Honestly, I don't mind if you're I'd rather it.
Speaker 3: Keeps me hurt. Distributed evenly distributed is great. Also, a lot of people out there, for the record, big fan of.
Speaker 1: Curves just saying yes, yes, and and I realized that in hindsight as I aged, and I would then and then the Internet, and I became more adept at the Internet, and I would see comments people had made about me when I was on Boy Meets World when I did have more weight on me than I did in the first couple of seasons, and I found that there were plenty of people who were like, I think Tapega looked better with more weight on her than she did earlier on. And I was like, well, that's that's the first time I'm hearing of that. Anyway, I in high school was one of the only people who really did if I watched her weight. My girlfriends could all eat whatever they wanted, really, yes, And I don't know. They were cheerleaders, so I don't know if it's also because they were significantly more active than I was. Like they were, you know, doing cheer every day after.
Speaker 3: Sure they weren't just in private act like maybe.
Speaker 1: But no, Like for lunches and stuff, they would think nothing of having like a big thick slice of pizza.
Speaker 3: And a Matt Lawrence. They were all Matt Lawrence.
Speaker 1: It went yeah, and I would be like, oh no, if I were to eat a piece of pizza every day for lunch and a bag of chips, I would definitely I would.
Speaker 2: I would have weight on me.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: And so anyway, on the back page of this journal. Don't ask me why I didn't write it on the date that it happened. But and I'm going to read it funny and you'll just have to hear the sadness within it. But God, today I found something I've dreaded hearing. I have never been so hurt in my life. I found out Jen, my best friend next to Jess, said that the other day when she saw me, it looked like I had gained weight. I wanted to cry on the phone. I was with Teddy on the phone. My journal needed to know who I was talking to. I really hated Jen. Then maybe I will never eat again.
Speaker 3: Oh never, not not not talk to Jen, but never again.
Speaker 1: If you don't think I could go up a notch, you're wrong. Then I'll die and that'll.
Speaker 3: Show Oh go, that's so.
Speaker 4: It's like imagining your own funeral. So you see everybody sad, and it'd be.
Speaker 1: Such a skinny little casket.
Speaker 3: I just want to want a tooth pick.
Speaker 5: You just I miss her so much. But god, she looks thin.
Speaker 3: God, look to my god.
Speaker 2: I hate to say it, but she just done this.
Speaker 3: She around this year. This is horrible.
Speaker 1: Away there and their tiny little skirt, their tiny little skirts eating pizza. Oh god, oh man, terrible. Anyway, then I'll die and that'll show her that's skinny, asked.
Speaker 3: Did you really write that? Amazing?
Speaker 2: I wrote, who's she to talk?
Speaker 1: Little miss five six ninety pounder, and then I gave myself a PostScript. I don't know how much longer, but I circled who I was angry there by the way I'm eating.
Speaker 4: That's great, but that's actually great, Like you reflected on it.
Speaker 3: I looked I apparently read it a while later, and when you were able to say this is a little extreme this is healthy. So you were just venting.
Speaker 1: Yes, I was venting, which is a great point of a diary to just.
Speaker 3: Ben I'm so glad.
Speaker 4: But see, that's such a sign that that you know, because a lot of people do get caught.
Speaker 3: And I mean that's what interrexy is, right.
Speaker 4: It is like a trap of like I'm going to turn all these feelings and insecurities inward and it's going to be my fault and I'm gonna get control of this.
Speaker 3: And oh, I'm so glad that you came back and revised that. I came back.
Speaker 1: I revised it, and I wanted myself to know I was eating and I was fine.
Speaker 2: By the way, Jen is still my best friend.
Speaker 5: I was gonna say, I am.
Speaker 3: My darn it when you know what she is.
Speaker 1: She's still so thin, but now she she does she works at it, she works out, she's very healthy, she eats well.
Speaker 3: Have you guys ever heard the theory yet?
Speaker 4: I think I kind of agree with this, is that, like you know, women women dress and obsess over their bodies for other women, and men obsessed over their bodies for other men.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, because I think you're like, yeah, because I.
Speaker 4: Think that you know, men like tend to find slightly heavier, curvy women attractive, and yet women often judge each other for not being you know, so it's and then men, of course are like always a woman you'd be like cut, yes and huge muscular, and you talk to a lot of women they're like, oh, I realized, Oh, it's like it's more intragender competition.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 4: It's more like seacocking within your gender than it is actually attracting the opposite because we can only you know, I assume that we sort of see the world through our own gender filter, and so of course it's like it's way easier for me to like kind of judge the appearance of other men than I, and then it is for women. So I don't I kind of fascinateing. I've had to like start in turning that part of my brain off and be like, if you know, because I if I want to be attractive to women, it's a different brain state than like I think comes naturally.
Speaker 1: To me, right, Yeah, I mean, I will also tell you I did update. I think I told you once not that long ago, that I would probably be having some sort of mommy makeover situation. That I wanted to maybe have a tummy tuck, and I had a consultation and I will not be doing it.
Speaker 3: Yes, good, thank god. I until Jen talks behind your.
Speaker 1: Jen tells me the last time she sees me honestly skinny.
Speaker 3: As no, that's why.
Speaker 5: So I was talking to Susan about this the other day because I noticed so what. I went back to see my parents, and when you hit a certain age, all people talk about are their ailments, the people they know that have died.
Speaker 3: You know, that's it.
Speaker 5: And then I also noticed women of a certain age, every time they got together, there'd be six or seven of them around a table. Sometimes, Danielle, you'd be involved in this, and the conversation was always about plastic surgery or some kind of beauty, what you were doing. And so you hit an age and it's like everybody's having the same conversation.
Speaker 3: And I get especially I have to imagine. I don't get.
Speaker 5: I have to imagine it's difficult for women to age. I must be hard to do.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think women have you know, it's a big generalization, but I think generally have a more difficult time with it than men do. And so it becomes the subject of conversation, and I keep saying to like my wife, like, I hope you never do anything you have to do you obviously, because you have to feel however you want to feel, to be the best version of yourself.
Speaker 3: But don't ever do it for me, because I still.
Speaker 5: Think you're the hottest woman I've ever met in real life, And like, I just want to make sure that she knows that as much as possible, because it's like, if you've got to do it for your own mental health or whatever, that's one thing, but don't make it about me, because you're awesome.
Speaker 3: So but it's weird you here.
Speaker 1: We don't we're not truthfully, We're not doing it for you or for in my case, Jensen, or for the random man on a street who we want.
Speaker 3: It's just that's not it.
Speaker 1: It's the way we feel about ourselves. And you know, as women have to. If you've had children, you've physically created and grown a life inside your body, it would be crazy to think that it would not have lasting changes, sure on the structure of your body. And for me, there's a little bit of a sense of like I'm not trying to have of somebody I've never owned right, I'm not looking like, here's a body of somebody I find attractive, give me her body for me. It's about could you get my body back to a little bit of a pre baby body, just because that's what I'm used to dressing, that's what feels most like me.
Speaker 3: I've only been a mom for five years.
Speaker 1: For thirty eight years, I was not pregnant or having babies, so that's the body I'm kind of used to.
Speaker 2: But there is no easy way out.
Speaker 3: There was. Really it was kind of like for me.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, I'm not gonna what am I gonna all of a sudden be very consistent about my diet and work out regularly.
Speaker 3: That's not me who I am. I'm not gonna do that.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'll just take this easy way. That's gonna be very expensive, but it will be easy. This is my thought process where someone will just go in, they'll suck fat out, they'll cut, they'll tighten skin up. I'll be uncomfortable for a few weeks and then I'll be perfectly comfortable in my clothes again. Right, And then I had the consultation and it's like, well, for twelve weeks, you're sleeping in a recliner and you you you're.
Speaker 3: It's this because you don't want to.
Speaker 1: You know, they've they've cut you from hip to hip basically, and and you can't lay flat because you're stretching out what they've just tightened. And I was like, sleeping in a recliner twelve weeks my number one favorite thing in life.
Speaker 3: Star She's just a stat.
Speaker 5: It's something that messes with Danielle sleeps, She's already out.
Speaker 3: I'm like, uh no, no way.
Speaker 1: And then you know, if while I was talking about doing a tummy tuck, it was like, well listen, maybe I'll also do a breastlift and they're like, well, yeah, well we slice the tendons to do that, and so that like that, you have to have Taranosaurus rex arms for twelve weeks. You can't pick up your children, you can't pick up anything heavy, and you literally can't do anything with your arms that isn't within this range. And I thought, you know what, I'm just going to join a gym and I'm gonna I am gonna try to eat better and I'm and if I say, the twelve weeks of recovery were gonna be miserable. Starting on the day I decide to do it, I'm going to see where I start at week on day one and where I end at the end of week twelve, and if I can get myself to a place where at the end of twelve weeks, I go, Wow, I'm so glad I didn't have surgery, because even though I don't have a perfect body, now I am to a place where I'm more comfortable in my clothes, which is.
Speaker 2: Truly all I'm looking for. So anyway, I just want to give you that.
Speaker 3: We got to go back to Danielle.
Speaker 4: We got to definitely notice that twelve weeks is like kind of the minimum though, Like if you really want to change something in your life, you got to commit at least, Like twelve weeks is exactly right, Like you have to do three months, because I know a lot of people are doing like sober January or whatever, and you're like, it doesn't really make that much of it.
Speaker 3: They kind of just go right back to whatever habit, you know, whereas it you do three months of anything, Yeah, it kind can see it. Yeah, it really makes a different. So I agree. I think I think twelve weeks is a good call.
Speaker 1: All right, I appreciate it, Thanks for the support. Happy to give you guys the update. Love that sixteen year old Danielle and forty three year old Danielle are having the same conversation.
Speaker 3: So welcome to Pod meets World. I'm Danielle Fischel, I'm right or strong, and I'm a skinny ass.
Speaker 6: I'm not. I'm Will Fordell.
Speaker 1: Welcome to this episode of Pod Meets World. We are recapping season four, episode twenty two, Learning to Fly. It is the season finale of season four. It originally aired May second, nineteen ninety seven. The synopsis Eric is visiting Beach State, his potential new college, and Corey and Sean and Topanga plan to tag along, but when Tapanga's aunt won't let her go, it throws the weekend and their relationship into a totally different direction.
Speaker 5: Now that's a synopsis. Remember we just had Sean joins a cult.
Speaker 3: Well as much a synopsis you couldn't.
Speaker 4: You couldn't say Sean joins a cult and Turner gets a rem psycho, and Sean rediscovers his religion. You know, he finds God talks to him like it's like all those steps was like an Andronicle antratical.
Speaker 2: So funny.
Speaker 3: It was directed by Jeff McCracken.
Speaker 1: It was written by Jeff Sherman, his last Boy Meets World script.
Speaker 5: And this apparently one of the caveats for him coming back was this script was getting Eric into college.
Speaker 3: It makes sense, Yeah, it sure does.
Speaker 5: So.
Speaker 1: Guest starring the first appearance by Ms. Bonnie Bartlett as Dean Lilah boll And.
Speaker 3: I totally forgot that I'm the first one to work with her.
Speaker 1: I know, I forgot that she was in this early Yep, me too, Me too entirely. She is the irl wife of William Daniels and is a three time Emmy nominee slash two time winner for her supporting role as Ellen Craig on the drama Saint Elsewhere, one of three shows where she would play a character married to Bill Daniels's character.
Speaker 3: Wait a second, this one. I know I was gonna quiz you.
Speaker 1: There's no Saint Elsewhere and obviously Boy Meets World.
Speaker 3: Will what's the third the third show that Bonnie plays? Oh?
Speaker 5: God, I have no idea unless there's a female kit, which would be awesome.
Speaker 2: Oh wouldn't that be cool? No, it's touched by an angel.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, interesting like a guest star.
Speaker 1: Yeah, interesting, probably did a little maybe a episode.
Speaker 3: It was eighteen when she met him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Oh my gosh, I thought you were gonna say when she was on the show.
Speaker 3: I was like, Michael, just the makeup.
Speaker 1: That's like one of those things where it's like today the year would be.
Speaker 2: In fact, Bonnie Barlet's actually eighteen in this.
Speaker 1: Bonnie is a legend who appeared in shows like gun Smoke, Little House on the Prairie, Home Improvement, and The Golden Girls, and in movies like Twins, Dave, and Primary Colors. The ninety four year old recently wrote a spicy memoir called Middle of the Rainbow, How a wife, mother and daughter managed to find herself and win two Emmys. So if you haven't checked it out, pick up that book.
Speaker 3: I love Bonnie. It's been so great to spend time with her. One of the bests in the last couple of years, because I didn't really talk to her back.
Speaker 4: Then, you know, And she really is just one of my favorite people. She's so she she speaks her mind almost more than anybody I've ever met, and I.
Speaker 3: She doesn't care, she says she's like ninety four. I don't care.
Speaker 4: Yeah, she's so and she's so sharp and just brilliant and a great actor.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really love her. And she's got great stories. You know, she has great memory. She tells great stories about her. We talk. I talk to her.
Speaker 5: I call them, you know, probably once every two weeks or so, or every time she calls me, no matter how if even she just called me Bonnie. No, she goes will Bonnie Daniels every time, will Bonnie.
Speaker 3: Daniel Hey, Bonnie. So cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's a very she's a great storyteller. But she's also a really good listener. She's can you just she's always very present, and yeah, love her so much. And then we have Brigita Doo as Julie. She also appeared on twenty one Jump Street Weird So It's the TV show Sliders and two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place. She left acting in two thousand and five and is now a certified life coach, Pilate's instructor and author.
Speaker 2: Oh cool.
Speaker 1: And then we have Lisa Dean Ryan as Mary Beth. She is best known as Wanda Plean, one of the stars of Doogie Howser MD and she played Maria from the show Dead at twenty one. Her last acting credit was in two thousand and five, and we couldn't find anything else about her since there's no trace of her on the internets.
Speaker 3: She was kind of a big deal, big deal I think they did. Yeah.
Speaker 4: My feeling about her, like when I saw her on screen, I was like, oh my gosh, I forgot all about her. But the second I was like, I think they either wrote this part for her where they built or they just offered it to.
Speaker 3: It Because my mind, she was like a big deal to have on set.
Speaker 1: Writer, Is she the guest star that was significantly older than you that then you were mentioning when Trina comes on the show in season five?
Speaker 4: No, I'm pretty sure that was one of the English girls.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, because I'm pretty sure it was Lisa Dean Ryan is ten years older than us.
Speaker 4: No, because I had to make out with the girl who had a kid and was older, it was she was twenty she was at least twenty six. In my mind it was she was twenty eight and had a kid. We didn't know she had a kid until she showed up with a stroller. And I'm pretty sure it was one.
Speaker 2: Of the Sparrow the Sparrow twins.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure was that the woman there would have been the one you were making out with. Yeah, I'm pretty sure. It turned out that she had a kid and was way older than we thought, which I don't I haven't looked up, but yeah, I actually had that same memory.
Speaker 4: I was like, oh, Trina's coming soon, which means it would have been one of these guests, and nobody's looked.
Speaker 3: That much older.
Speaker 1: So I thought of it last night when we looked when we were looking up Lisa Dean Ryan trying to find more information about her, and she's she's fifty two now, and I'm I just turned forty three, so she's ten years older than me. So I thought, wow, if WRITER were seventeen at this point, she must have been, you know, twenty five.
Speaker 4: It was the whole point was that it was somebody I was making out with, and when I found out she had a kid, I was kind of like.
Speaker 2: Oh, you thought maybe it could have been your kid you had.
Speaker 3: Been making seventeen. The thing was I wasn't eighteen yet, you know, I was still seventeen this season, so that it was just weird to be, you know.
Speaker 1: And then also we have Sandra Ellis Lafferty as Missus Bluteman, which I'm sure was a Missus Blutman. Oh yeah, that's great, Missus Bluteman. Her resume includes two Hunger Games movies. She played Maybelle Carter and Walk the Line, and appears in the great twenty thirteen movie Prisoners. I found this this little fact about her to be rather shocking. She began her film and TV career at fifty years old.
Speaker 3: Is that awesome? Yeah, isn't that amazing?
Speaker 1: And she's still working today at aging eighty four.
Speaker 3: Stuff. Yes, that's so cool.
Speaker 2: Isn't that great?
Speaker 5: Hearing those starts like the guy who played Seinfeld's dad for years on Seinfeld I think started acting at fifty cool, and I think Morgan Freeman somebody started at forty two.
Speaker 3: I mean maybe it was Samuel Jackson.
Speaker 5: It's great to hear these kind of like oh, I want to do this, and then you go and you do it and you knock it out of the park.
Speaker 3: It's really cool. So overall thoughts, it was really fun.
Speaker 4: I liked this episode a great such a positive way to end the season, and the same thing, and it really just makes Eric's arc the structure, structure and arc of the season. And it made so much sense, like all the things that Jeff have been telling us, like came to fruition.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean, yeah, yeah I was. I felt like I was checked out.
Speaker 4: Like whenever, Sean is just like girl crazy and like in for jokes, you could tell that, like I just I'm just.
Speaker 3: Half and you were also losing it a couple of times. And this is a legendary moment. Legendary moment. I believe it was that obvious on screen. It is so bad. There's two moments where it is so clear and I'm just.
Speaker 5: Trying to make each other laugh the uh so that Yeah, that was hysterical the entire thing. I also thought.
Speaker 3: Ben killed it in this episode.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the scenes with just him and Lisa Dean Ryan, it's just the two of them for a while, Yeah, in that bedroom, and he is so funny and then so sincere, and I just thought he did. I mean, I laughed out loud several times in his performance. He was great in this episode.
Speaker 2: I thought so too.
Speaker 1: I thought it was so I thought it was really great. I think my only complaint about the entire episode is that I wanted it to when Eric comes in and then he's grabbing his stuff when he's leaving, and you have that amazing speech about I wanted that to be because you were saying that to him, because you recognized it in your own.
Speaker 3: Need to do And it wasn't that I didn't.
Speaker 4: I feel like they just ran out of time because they decided to dedicate a lot of time to the Quarry Mary Beth scenes. And I was like what because even when in the one scene we get with you sort of you know, getting the coke and.
Speaker 3: Like talk, I was like, is this enough? Like what?
Speaker 4: And I also was kind of like, is what's what's happening exactly here? And then you've already made the transition like off camera.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I agree like that a little more.
Speaker 1: The funny thing is that he hadn't He hadn't he It was very confusing to me because he's grabbing his stuff and I thought, Wow, he's leaving. He knows this isn't the school for him. I don't need to be here anymore. I'm grabbing my suitcase and my and my stuff and I'm getting out of here.
Speaker 2: But he's not.
Speaker 3: Now, so what is he doing. He's just he's actually.
Speaker 1: Only he came so I had, because I had, I had to fully talk it out last night because I was so confused.
Speaker 3: I am. I obviously am too. I didn't realize how confused.
Speaker 1: He arrived at the door only to be looking for Corey. He wanted Corey to go join him for some fun they were having. And then when Corey was there and he was gonna be he was getting his stuff to leave them alone. He wasn't going to be staying there, and he was going to be leaving rooms. Who knows where he was going to sleep. But when Corey turns it around and says, well, how about you, you deserve better than Penbrooke, you realize in that moment, Eric's not taking he didn't. Corey's the one who tells him he deserves Penbrook. Eric is still saying, but this is a sure thing, and how on earth could I ever turn down a sure thing? And Corey goes like this, and that's what prompts Eric to decide he's going to deserve more.
Speaker 2: But I had lot when we were in that scene.
Speaker 3: I was loving, Oh.
Speaker 1: My gosh, he's had this realization and now it's going to perfectly land for Corey.
Speaker 3: What an amazing turn for Eric? I got was that was actually not what's happening, not having it at all?
Speaker 5: No, yeah, it was I felt the same thing. I was like, oh, this is great, he's talking about himself, but to Corey, to Corey and this decision already and this is the decision you have to make. You gotta do what you got to do. But I've already made this decision, and I thought exactly the same thing.
Speaker 4: That's when he was leaving to win surf across around the campus.
Speaker 1: Well, no, he windsurfs around the campus and also the snorkeling, but then apparently takes off his what.
Speaker 2: Maybe soon puts back on the same globe.
Speaker 5: The same giant shirt, the same enormous square shirt that I'm wearing the entire time.
Speaker 3: Yes, so, but he does talk.
Speaker 1: He's on his way to go do something else really fun, similar to that, right, and so yeah, so that's my only complaint is that, yeah.
Speaker 3: Eric developed Eric. A little little more time with Eric, or a little.
Speaker 5: More a little little him figuring it out himself would have been more powerful.
Speaker 2: I think correct, It's it's exactly what it would have been.
Speaker 1: It would have been more powerful for him to And by the way, I still love how the two storylines crossed and tied together always, and I loved that the season started with the two of you guys on a road trip, you not knowing what your future was.
Speaker 4: My god, you guys, you've driven this entire sees like it's so cool to see that this, I mean, this is exactly what Sherman was talking about when he was on our show, is that this is the like you going whether you're going to be a towny, whether you're going to go to college.
Speaker 3: Is and it makes so much sense.
Speaker 4: Like the sat stuff that we've kind of been critical of, it's all this is the this is the Eric season. It's so really well there's no long talk to Pittsburgh in there, but like you were carrying the show. It's so cool to see, Like I didn't realize that at the time.
Speaker 3: You remember you did it season three?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I know, and now Eric does it season four.
Speaker 4: I get the very special one off this season. But your arc is the Although that's true, I'm this was it this season that my mom came back and all that that's.
Speaker 5: The parents was this season too. Though this was a this was an Eric sean year. Yes, it was all the way around, and then I think starting next year it's going to be Corey Topanga from here right.
Speaker 1: Just find it very interesting that this season started with Eric not knowing what he was doing and there and then ended on Eric having that And like we said, season three was all about Seawn. So it is very weird that the end of season four also no real hurrah for boy.
Speaker 2: It's not it.
Speaker 3: Isn't well, he's not going to lose his virginity.
Speaker 2: There's the hard He's willing to wait.
Speaker 3: He's a mature, nice boy.
Speaker 2: He's a nice.
Speaker 3: Horny We are in the horn dog era. I just loved.
Speaker 5: I loved When when have I never stopped when you said no? How many times has she said no?
Speaker 3: I mean every time? I know, but that's what I like. He keeps trying And just spent three hours car the other night from the gush. What were they doing a lot of kissing.
Speaker 1: At So let's jump into our recap. We start in the Matthew's kitchen.
Speaker 4: Knowing that this is the last episode. I watched the opening credits. I did too, because they wouldn't let me skip it if I was filled with feelings and like, I was like, this is the last time we're going to see them, and I freaking love.
Speaker 3: Them, And I was like, what, you know what I watched this time?
Speaker 4: I was like, you know, we're actually talking to each other, so like will you and I in the front seat, We're just a conversation. And then Danielle, you and Ben are talking to each other and I was like, Okay, So for all the hokeness, the horrible green screen, the weirdness of where we're sitting.
Speaker 3: On the the the.
Speaker 4: Bench seats or the car h we actually have moments of like I could see us being us and it really felt like, oh wow, that's that's us and I So so we do switch it up next year. It's different next year. Yeah, next year it's the one where Enough dumped on us. Now we're into the era I'm pretty sure of the like hanging out in New York Street right the back block, that's where we went.
Speaker 3: Back to CBS rad Or we went to CBS Radford.
Speaker 1: And I'm really glad you pointed that out right because I didn't. I didn't even think about it that it was the last time we were going to see any of those credits. But I will say without even recognizing it. Somewhere along the way. They grew on me too, because I'm not bothered.
Speaker 2: By them anymore.
Speaker 3: I haven't forgot about it. Like a slow, slow, slow brain, make room for it.
Speaker 4: It starts under one veil. You barely notice it. Yeah, it's all the way to your elbow.
Speaker 5: The next thing you know, you got a tape for them. You can eat anything and you're still losing weight.
Speaker 1: I mean, no cranits like that's the way to go. Anybody know where you can buy a tape?
Speaker 3: Work? Probably? Jen? Jen probably knows all right.
Speaker 1: So jumping into our recap, we're in the Matthew's kitchen. Eric's leaving for an interview at a college named Beach State, and Amy and Alan wonder if it's actually a real school. Alan notices the admissions letter has a lot of typos in it. Eric scoffs, show me one. Alan reads yours truly the being of admission.
Speaker 3: I love that, and I love my following.
Speaker 5: I like that joke and.
Speaker 4: It's just so thrown away.
Speaker 3: That's also just kind of love going down the like because it sounds like something my high school like kind of could have done, like just renamed the dean of being and been like, it's kissy, it's cool. We're looking at teams beans. I love it. It was like it kind of actually could work.
Speaker 1: My gosh, oh, my gosh.
Speaker 3: So yeah, Eric sees nothing wrong with the bean. It's a very hard school to get into.
Speaker 1: Shan strolls in carrying a beach umbrella and wearing a Hawaiian shirt. I am so psyched about this road trip. Beach date's been recruiting me since kindergarten. My dad's good friends with the bean. I love it, of course, where Chat knows the bean, it's amazing. It's a perfect read. The way you throw it away so funny. And Corey bursts in. He asks if anyone has seemed to Panga yet, and Sean says no, but she better hurry. If they get there too late, the tide comes in and they won't be able to park on campus.
Speaker 3: Now that's my ques.
Speaker 5: Where do you think in the country, this, this university is? Is it?
Speaker 3: The Jersey Shore is not what we're thinking?
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, that's what I was very outside window to the Jersey Shore, Okay, just it's like Hawaiian waters outside her window.
Speaker 3: It was like okay.
Speaker 1: I know that's okay, though we have to be able to suspend belief a little bit exactly. Sean says he'll help load the car. As Corey darts out, Alan stops him in his tracks. Amy explains they're okay with him staying overnight with the panga, they just want to make sure they're clear on the sleeping arrangements. Corey smirks, you're worried Corey may get a little freaky this weekend.
Speaker 3: It's like this weird with your parents, Like you's.
Speaker 4: No, I keep going, like, you know, I keep wondering how much of this was just like like our culture has changed so much, like yeah, maybe it was okay, Maybe it was like maybe we just joking around.
Speaker 5: I used to stay stuff like that to my parents. I mean, you're totally kidding and you're like, you know, I'm getting my free going this weekend.
Speaker 3: Like I don't think kids do that nowadays.
Speaker 4: And I'm wondering if that's a problem, Like maybe we should make jokes like that, Like maybe it should be okay.
Speaker 1: I think the reason they're not making jokes like that is because apparently no one's going.
Speaker 5: It's generation.
Speaker 4: Everybody wants to be correct and like, you know, yeah, we're like losing our in touch, like with our bodies and our sexuality. And I'm like, maybe maybe we should just be okay with it.
Speaker 1: All right, all right, let's bring it back. Alan's not amused anything happens to Tapanga.
Speaker 2: I'll kill you.
Speaker 1: Corey frowns, you like her better than me? And Alan nods, And then we're in the Matthew's backyard. Phoene is tending to his garden like it's season one and assures Eric that it's fine.
Speaker 4: I was just like, this is such a comforting, and also he is. He's wearing a very cool gardening what I think would be called a choor shirt, which I've discovered is like a thing.
Speaker 1: That I kind of like these days, lots of pockets for all your tools.
Speaker 3: For your garden sycling. No, he wore a fishing vest of four, but no.
Speaker 4: Chor shirts have become like kind of fashionable, and like, I I think I own something that's technically a chore shirt. I could kind of dress like Phoenie these days.
Speaker 5: Find no one's getting late. This is the problem.
Speaker 3: We are officially old. When we're looking at Bill daniels.
Speaker 4: Wardrobe also I should take up gardening.
Speaker 3: I feel like it's healthy and I've never been good at it. I kill any point it love I would.
Speaker 5: You could never have got me gardening before and going outside and spreading mulch and planting stuff has become like a favorite thing of mine. It's so weird, very bizarre and stretching pants. Nothing wrong with that either. I'm just saying we're hitting an age people.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: I said the same thing to s We're watching this thing. And we came on screen and it's Bill and I across the fence from each other, and I just looked at her and I was like, oh, I missed this so much. I missed just the across the fence Eric or Corey with Feoenie and there's wisdom and it's just the two shot, and oh god, it was awesome.
Speaker 3: It's so great.
Speaker 1: It was so Poene assures Eric it is fine to look at other colleges, but he hopes he'll give Siria his consideration to Pennbrook. Eric asks Feoene if he really thinks he's Penbrook material, I mean, the place is filled with one hundred year old buildings and smart people. He'll get trounced there. Phoene doesn't deny it'll be a challenge, but once Eric graduates, he'll have a degree that actually means something. Eric feels like Beach State is a sure thing. Phoene adds, sometimes a sure thing is not the best thing. He tells Eric he knows he's going to do what's right, and he walks back into his house, probably to eat salad for one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have a lot of sure thing references. Do you think it's an actual reference to the thing?
Speaker 3: The sure thing? Know this? Gosh, are you kidding me?
Speaker 5: I could quote it to you backwards and forest right now, from the beginning to the end. It's one of the best movies ever made.
Speaker 3: Bob Ryner directed. I don't know if it worked.
Speaker 5: Did he? But it's Yeah, it's Daphney Zuniga. It's what's his name, John Cusack, and it's a young man's trip across country road trip to have sex with the sure thing, and then he falls in love with Daphne's gonna go along the way because she's also.
Speaker 6: Going across country.
Speaker 2: Well then knowing that, yes.
Speaker 3: Great, it's a pretty direct reference. I think I think it is.
Speaker 5: Now I have an overall question for you, and I asked this every last episode that we do of a season. Do you think by season four last episode, we know that we've been picked up for season five?
Speaker 2: No, yes, you think so.
Speaker 3: See, I think by this point we've known, right.
Speaker 4: I feel like we didn't know most seasons, but this one, I don't know. There's something about the way it's written and the way we're performing it that makes me feel pretty confident that I think we probably nailed sweeps with Long Walk to Pittsburgh. And I think that we were because I think if we thought that we were come, we're not coming back.
Speaker 3: I think it would have been more of a Corey dramatic.
Speaker 4: Or very questionable, like is Corey gonna be okay?
Speaker 3: Ending?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong because it ends so.
Speaker 4: Triumphant on an Eric note that it's like we're finishing Eric's story, and I feel like that would have been a weird place for the.
Speaker 3: Whole series to end. I agree like it has to.
Speaker 7: End with men if it's going to be you know, huh yeah.
Speaker 1: Topanga awkwardly strolls up, giving Eric a scare, but this means it's time for them to go Cory is thrilled to see her, and then he realizes she has no suitcase and no sleeping bag.
Speaker 3: Whoa. He admits he's flattered, And at first.
Speaker 1: I didn't get the joke, And then I realized, is he saying she's just going to be naked and in his sleeping bag the whole time?
Speaker 3: Got it? Exactly A.
Speaker 2: Got the joke, got right, got it?
Speaker 1: But that's when Tabanga brings the news that she is not going. Corey says he is now less flattered. To Pank explains that her aunt won't let them spend the night away unsupervised. Corey's confused, unsupervised, but I'll be there to Pank explains, that's kind of the problem. Her aunt feels that at their age it may be improper. Corey is offended. They're old enough to make these decisions by themselves. He's going to call her aunt and set things straight, but t Peka stops him. What exactly did you think was going to happen this weekend? Corey hesitates, I don't know. There's a beach a moon you me. He grabs her hands and they smile at each other, but Ta Panga pulls away. She can't go, and Corey is visibly upset. He can't believe to Pangas letting her aunt stop them from being alone for a weekend. Corey asks why this doesn't mean as much to her as it means to him, and to Pega says that's not fair. Corey doesn't think it's fair either, and then she leaves without saying another word, ending probably one of the.
Speaker 3: Least connected scenes I've seen.
Speaker 2: On the show.
Speaker 3: Ever.
Speaker 2: It is scene, it.
Speaker 1: Is not a good scene, it is not well acted by me.
Speaker 4: And the way that it ends just I don't know. I had to watch it like three times. I literally went back.
Speaker 3: I was like, wait, what are they fighting about exactly now? And like what is Corey mad about?
Speaker 4: And when he says I want it to mean as much to you as it does to me, I was like, oh, man, Like it's just so heady like and yet it's supposed to be about something very direct like I want to sleep with you, I want to be with you, and yet it feels very theoretical and analytical in this weird way that's like too abstract. And then I really just don't like that. Corey's pissed, Like I don't like that he's like, because see then the line is written, is you know, is she coming? And not with us? Is what Corey says or something like that, and like he says it angry and I and I instead of like sad, like it could have easily been confused or sad like I don't know what's going on, like I guess not with us, But he's just like not with us, And I was like, oh, dude.
Speaker 3: Bro, I think he has that.
Speaker 5: I think he has the stereotypical sixteen year old disappointment of I really thought something was going to happen this weekend.
Speaker 3: And right not Yeah, and I guess I guess for me.
Speaker 1: Again, there was not a setup for that except for him making one joke, which, because it was to his parents, felt like a bit of a well, I don't really think I'm going to get freaky this weekend, because if I did, I don't know that I would say it as directly to my parents. So like, the only way we know he did really think alone for a whole night this might be my opportunity is one joke he made to his parents. So I was like, wait, I don't understand why. And then when he said why is this not as important to you. I was like, oh, he's talking about losing their virginity.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's really yeaheah, It's a very important conversation that was kind of thrown away. But they're obviously setting it up so that he's off kilter and in not a great place with Tipango when the sure thing is in front of his eyes.
Speaker 4: Which all of this, this whole all of this probably would not have even like bumped me at all if the Long Walk to Pittsburgh episodes didn't exist. But like, coming back to this sort of like last temptation of Corey's storyline is really like what like there was no doubt in anybody's mind about the maturity of his love and Topanga's like the fact that the two of them are back to doubting it's like, oh no, oh that didn't that didn't happen. And so for me, this episode really only bumped me because of those two. If if Long Walk to Pittsburgh hadn't happened, which for the record, I would be happy about, then this episode would have felt more of a piece. But you know, this is pretty typical teenage yeah, you know, tension. But if they've like she's literally moved her entire life walk how many hundreds of miles to be there, and they fought against their parents and the ants so to like get this kind of like petty and then also think he's gonna cheat on her for real, Like, are we're supposed to believe that that's a possibility and I think we are?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Then right, then then that denies everything that they said in that Long Walk for Pittsburgh episode, which is like, but that was the whole point is that the show changed to fit that accommodate there.
Speaker 5: It's weird because they go back and forth from it being a love that transcends all to it being a regular sixteen year old relationship, right, I mean, and that's I mean, that's the thing that it's So this is back to a regular sixteen year old relationship. Right, you're right, This is exactly a conversation that two sixteen year old would have.
Speaker 3: Wait, we were gonna be a way to not I mean, it's totally normal. But you're right.
Speaker 5: With Long Walk to Pittsburgh, it's like, we'll walk through the fire for each other so nothing will get in our way. Yeah, and then it's like, Okay, then the temptation is kind of taken away because we already know Corey is not going to do anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why I felt for me. I mean, yeah, wow, Yeah, it's not a serialized show that.
Speaker 5: I look at Sean this week, we're coming right off the cult episode. He's right back to who he was before, and it's like, yeah, so it's it's one of those things where they just they do that for one off of the character and then they come back and I'm just trying to get used to it more.
Speaker 1: I know. Well, just then Sean walks up, where's Stepanga going. Corey says, not with us. Sean's glad this means he can take his lawn chair, and then we cut to a sorority house at a beach new set Alert. The building has a banner that reads membership Rush Party, and that's how you know it's a college. The conservative house mom is in the hallway putting tulips in an already filled vase, and behind her we see Eric, Sean and Corey frantically being pushed into a closet by one of the sorority girls. Once the girl has the boys completely hidden, she casually strolls up to the woman missus to say hi. Missus Bluteman responds in a thick German accent, it's always a good afternoon when.
Speaker 2: There are no boys.
Speaker 3: There are no boys.
Speaker 2: The sorority girl gets nervous.
Speaker 1: Of course, there are no boys, but the pledges track dirt into the house again, and it might be from boys.
Speaker 2: Missus Bluteman is furious, boy dirt, not on my watch.
Speaker 1: She takes off, and the boys of boys meets worlds dart out of the custodial closet. Sean stops Corey. This is his fantasy. He's had this exact dream like a million times. Just then, Missus Blutman yells boy, and we hear a male voice in the distance.
Speaker 3: Yell out, I'm just delivering a pizza.
Speaker 1: The sorority girl quickly corrals the boys out of the hallway, now safe in a very production designed dorm room.
Speaker 5: Oh it is a dorm room, isn't it. Dorm room? Dorm room, dorm room.
Speaker 4: I was kind of waiting for the hallway to play a bigger part, like more sort of like running and racing and hiding.
Speaker 3: But actually Corey opens it and sees her painting. Later, If that's it, I was like, it's a big set to build for.
Speaker 5: It's also nice to know that the house mom. The second you're in the room, you're good. It's like you're in a different dimension the second that door shuts, so it's like, you get forty two guys in your room.
Speaker 3: You just gotta get them there.
Speaker 2: You gotta get them there. The girl laughs it off.
Speaker 1: If the house mom catches them up there, she'll be booted out of the sorority.
Speaker 2: Boys aren't allowed upstairs.
Speaker 3: And then to notice Manel's head nine seconds, didn't you know?
Speaker 4: I was trying to see who else was there. It's gang it is Blackman and buske. Okay, right behind her door when she closes the door, there's a poster of guys.
Speaker 3: Like it'sl's heads cut out.
Speaker 4: It's our rider's heads taped onto the bodies of the like hot guys on the beach.
Speaker 3: It is over her shoulder.
Speaker 5: It's like a two shot.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's so funny. I didn't notice the faces.
Speaker 2: I just I was distracted by the bodies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly, I didn't notice the face. Oh so it is all about the bodies, and I only.
Speaker 1: Like really oiled up, extremely move, really fit guys, that's.
Speaker 5: Ten speed bikes like fourteen year olds for some reason. Yeah, yeah, no, it was, it was, but butman Or it was. It was Manel, and then on a wider shot it was bust Gang and.
Speaker 3: I figured it was the other ones, but I didn't get a good good looking man.
Speaker 1: Prominent is so funny, but starting another very funny runner. As Sean finishes her sentence in unison, especially not in the bedrooms.
Speaker 2: He knew she was going to say that.
Speaker 1: Because of his dream, brilliant everything is the exact same, and then right on cue Eric and Sean both yell out, I don't want to be in your dreams.
Speaker 2: It is so.
Speaker 4: Funny, very clever, right, it almost goes too far, I mean, but it really I kind of love it.
Speaker 3: Every time. I'm just going the whole up the football thing.
Speaker 2: It is so funny.
Speaker 1: Eric focus his attention back on the girl, whose name is Julie. He's happy to see her again and he is thankful that she's letting them stay here. On the other side of the room, Sean is staring at a messy bed in closet. Wow, your roommate's a pig, Julie awkwardly laughs, that's her side.
Speaker 3: Oh you're the pig. Oh you're the pig.
Speaker 2: It's so funny too.
Speaker 1: Corey begins to sit down on the other bed and Julie stops him. Her roommate Mary Beth will have a cow. She's a total neat freak. Eric assumes she must be okay with them staying there, and Julie says no, but mary Beth's always at her boyfriend's place, so it doesn't matter. Then Sean continues to know everything that's about to happen, saying with Julie he's the quarterback of the football team, as they both pretend to throw a football.
Speaker 3: A gosh, it's good and the way you're saying it like you know.
Speaker 5: So great.
Speaker 3: Corey has had enough. This dream thing is getting eerie.
Speaker 1: Eric suggests to Julie that they should win surf around campus. Eric tells the boys have fun, don't touch anything, and stay away from me now alone. Sean asks Torry why he's sowed down in the mouth. They're in a sorority and surrounded by women. Cory pouts, surrounded by women except for the one who should be here, And I did think in this moment, what was the plan exactly with Tapanga. Here, Eric is going to be staying in Julie's and where is everyone gonna be?
Speaker 5: So okay, So apparently in college it's normal.
Speaker 4: To have sex in a group, like like if you have roommates, sometimes you're you're guys are each with people in the same bed, which to me is just ah, like you're in separate beds, but you're cam do I know, very creepy.
Speaker 3: So Sean would have been on the floor.
Speaker 5: Okay, so there you go. Okay, yeah, so I guess that Sean would have been on the floor.
Speaker 3: It's sure, guys, you have sure. Sure.
Speaker 1: And by the way, I can get past the roommate situation if I'm Noteen twenty two, it's my bed. We're just gonna pretend that there's a wall in between us, even though, and we're probably gonna try to be somewhat polite to each other. If not, you know, maybe try to keep it down a little bit. But now Corey and Topanga are gonna be on the floor of this place, and Eric is going to be with Julie, and Sean.
Speaker 8: Is going to be Sean camera And this was like the camera I mean, ever happened to Danielle.
Speaker 4: I mean this is very teenage nineties, teenage, maybe not teenage now, but that was what it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, you.
Speaker 5: Know, wow, I'm sorry you've been in rooms where multiple people are having sex at the same time.
Speaker 1: By multiple you mean two people to four people, to two couples.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying.
Speaker 4: It's like, yes, I'm saying like there were, there were oftentimes when people like in college, especially yes, because you have roommate situations, but also like there'd be like you're at a party and you only have like one room where somebody you know, or there's only the bathroom, and so yes, like people pair off and like hook up corners, corners and yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm just again back to Corey and Tapanga that like Topanga, anyone who knows Tapanga would I'm surprised that Tapanga was like, I'm sorry, but I'm I'm not going to sleep on the floor two girls I don't know, while your brother is there for a girl he's dating. Like that just all all of that feels like Topanga was like, I'm ready to go with this weekend, like of course, to Panga's not there, it just seems so obvious.
Speaker 3: That's another question. I had.
Speaker 5: Do you think I think they set it up where Eric and the girl are just friends, right?
Speaker 4: Were they dating because they like kiss on the cheek? Yeah, I think you're interested.
Speaker 1: I think maybe there's the potential for a relationship there and that you guys are already dating.
Speaker 4: That they're just ding it up with her. It was like, oh wow, a girl on their show. That's just kind of like showing him around. And they're just cool with each other.
Speaker 1: And they didn't know each other from Penbrook, which is good because she mentions that she went there.
Speaker 4: He doesn't have to talk about oh hot she is, Like, it was nice to just see like a nice character and she alsobered the thing that was funny.
Speaker 5: And I could be wrong, but I'd love to talk to Sherman about this. They wrote her like a female Eric. Yeah, so it seemed to me like she was That's why their Buddies was exact exactly.
Speaker 3: She was Eric really smartly, So.
Speaker 5: That's kind of what I thought that what they were going for. I also, for the record, remember her being incredibly nice and really easy to work with. Yeah, just to say about the actress, she was really cool.
Speaker 1: Well then on cue the door opens and presumably it's Mary Beth, the OCD roomy, who also looks like Hayley Williams, the lead singer of Paramour.
Speaker 3: She looks at the boys, doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she does.
Speaker 3: She's my rock star crush.
Speaker 1: Oh she's so cool. Yeah, she looks at the boys. Well, this is cute. Sean takes it as a compliment and tries to enter do himself, but she proceeds to scream from missus Bluteman. Corey tries to stop her. His brother is friends with her roommate. The girl sarcastically says, oh, well that's different, then shouts boys, many boys the German house. Mom yells back, no boys. Corey tries to cover in a girly voice.
Speaker 3: Missus Blueman.
Speaker 1: They must have climbed out the window, and then he slams the door shut and.
Speaker 3: Problem solve, problem solve. That's it. Back in the room. We are back in. I would have loved a little more farcical.
Speaker 1: Like hi, I did do but right, Yeah, if you thought we were already out of time, wait till add some farcical hallway hijinks. Corey wants to know why is Mary Beth doing this? They're invited guests, Shawn adds, and I love you, which I also loved because it's just so it wasn't read like you were sincere about it. It was just really, I'm trying something here, and they thought it was so well done. And I love you?
Speaker 3: Does that help us? And I love you?
Speaker 4: She was good episode for me. It just felt disconnected. But now that I'm you know, hearing all.
Speaker 1: The jokes like these are really good jokes, so funny, and you're delivering them perfectly, like they're really well delivered. So she has had enough? Why are they still here? Corey senses some sort of attitude. Mary Beth asks his name, to which Corey responds in his best menacing tone, trouble. Mary Beth isn't amused. All guys are trouble. Sean explains to Corey she just broke up with her boyfriend. Mary Beth asks how he knew that, and he announces, I dreamed it. Miss birthmark on her.
Speaker 4: Tis birthmark on her TUIs.
Speaker 1: And she grabs her butt. An acts a little offended. Again, very funny joke. Corey apologizes they'll be out of her way soon. She smiles and senses that Corey is a sensitive guy. He shrugs. Yeah, well I wear a lot of light colors, so Mary Beth smiles seductively at him.
Speaker 3: Such a funny joke, I know, yeah, and this is this is yeah. I mean, I did enjoy this episode a lot, but.
Speaker 7: Uh I I.
Speaker 4: This is like the only explanation for why she's essentially spends the rest of the episode throwing herself at Corey, and I like, I think we could have done a little more work to like set up that Corey says or does something, but this is it. This one line you're a sensitive guy is like doing a lot of work.
Speaker 1: And Corey is so funny he very easily could It could be his humor of her. Yes, that that she's always like I like that, I like that, and a guy, there's.
Speaker 3: No sense of journey.
Speaker 5: No.
Speaker 4: If she was like, oh my god, the fact that you just said that light colors thing is hysterical and I find that funny. But instead it's like.
Speaker 3: No, I'm just gonna throw myself at you now for the.
Speaker 4: Rest she ever read it like like it didn't matter who he was, She's going to get back at her boyfriend. She would Sean, I know if it didn't matter, because Seans ready to go. He's already said I love you, and she's like, I guess that's true. Yeah, And and so they have to sort of a moment where she's more attracted to Corey, which totally makes sense.
Speaker 3: But this is it. This is literally the end of it. After this, there's no more, there's no it's just on a mission to screw and it's like, who I.
Speaker 1: Mean, it is a little bit of a trope to have this like jilted woman become very focused on I'm gonna get over it. I'm gonna get over it by getting under someone else.
Speaker 3: Like, there is that trope, But they did try to make it.
Speaker 1: You're right, because if it were just I'm going to get over it by screwing somebody, it could have been shown.
Speaker 2: And she very much does not watch Sean.
Speaker 1: So even the fact that every time then Corey tries to get out of it, he does another funny or clever thing that only makes her more attracted to him would have gone a long way.
Speaker 2: But yeah, this is it.
Speaker 5: Direct did get over it by getting under somebody else.
Speaker 3: Did you make that up? Or is that a thing?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 1: People say that get you get over I was like, yeah, the only way to get over somebody is to get under somebody else.
Speaker 3: Okay, well there you go. Well here here, we're coming to it.
Speaker 1: Okay, oh my god, I can't wait. So Corey is starting to catch on. He pulls Sean away and you are both breaking here it is so this is what was going on.
Speaker 3: Okay. So I've talked about this, I think at live shows. I don't know if I've ever talked about it on the podcast.
Speaker 4: But you know, Ben's humor is so based on audio and like and the quality of words and the sounds and sound effects and like sort of how people say things, and and he.
Speaker 3: Would get locked into in jokes.
Speaker 4: He would always have in jokes with literally every single person, every crewmember, every cast. He would have one word that he would say that the way he said it would make you lose it. And it was always just one of the funniest things. And Ben and I over the years built up a pantheon of these.
Speaker 3: References and repertoires.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, and this was one of the most legendary h So, and now I see why it's so great, because this what we really what he's doing here, and he doesn't actually do.
Speaker 3: It, but what he had been doing all week. He barely does it, but what he had been doing all week was he Ben used to take the tonal interpretation of lines in movies that we knew and insert the reading into a different line that we actually had to say on the script. So let me explain what I mean. So in the movie teen Wolf, team we talked and the reason we were doing teen Wolf was because so we.
Speaker 4: Have been obviously talking teen Wolf NonStop. And so there's a character in Teenwolf who as a coach or the drama teacher, and the drama teacher has this amazing line.
Speaker 3: Where Michael J.
Speaker 4: Fox walks on he's refusing to be the werewolf near the end of the movie when he's decided to embrace his humanity and the drama teacher is going to kick him out of the show, and.
Speaker 3: He goes, ah, how do I put this?
Speaker 4: No no no Wolf, no Wolf, no one, no part. And we always just thought it was so brilliant because the guy he swallows it, and the way he's sort of like, uh, you know, because the way it's written is like no Wolf, no part, kid, and he decides to like make it this like very and Ben and I would quote it and thought it was hysterical, So then Ben started saying, whatever this line is, God, I should have written it, Dowain.
Speaker 3: It was like it was me. It was was it me too? MEAs recurring dream.
Speaker 1: What happens next, Sean recalls, I'm left alone with this beautiful sorority girl who just got dumb, who just got dumb by her boyfriend. She's not too fond of men at the moment, so she reeks havoc on me emotionally and physically.
Speaker 3: And then what is Ben's what does coursay?
Speaker 1: Then Corey tells Sean, there's something that's not quite meshing with a dreams.
Speaker 4: It was mesh mesh, so he all along would say, Sean, Sean, there's something that's not quite mesh mesh mesh. And he would so he inserted, and it was something he would do with run throughs. He would do it in front and nobody knew what he was doing. Now he's signaling to me you except for me, so I would be losing.
Speaker 3: So you can see in anticipation of this moment coming, and I'm sitting here basically daring him, You're not gonna do it. The cameras recording and we're taking.
Speaker 4: Oh, I know he already had, which is why I was already losing it because this is probably take two. So yes, this is the brakesmanship of me and Ben trying to make each other laugh, and they left it because there probably wasn't a take where we are not losing it. So yes, this is Ben Savage doing his teen Wolf tone line insertion on our dials. Tosh mesh mesh.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's so many instances of this throughout our history, but this was like the I mean, yeah, I'll never forget it.
Speaker 4: And when I saw me start to laugh, and that's all I remembered about this episode.
Speaker 3: So much.
Speaker 5: I literally had to and explain everything you just said to Sue. It was like, okay, so this scene in teen Wolf, like we're doing the entire thing and it's so obvious. Yeah, well the other thing we do remember somebody on stage and go excuse me, wolf Wolf wolfs.
Speaker 3: No mesh mesh, no park crushing with this stream.
Speaker 1: It is so funny, so fun to watch. So the sorority girl in question is staring at Cory. They both look at her and realize it's true Mary Beth is And then we are in the wreck room, which looks like.
Speaker 8: Windows Come back, kiddy.
Speaker 1: There's candy, it's a party, there's pinball, arcade games.
Speaker 3: There are no cult leaders in mock turtlenecks.
Speaker 4: No still Garrett and and beer the first time ever, they're drinking beers.
Speaker 2: And your parents boy meets world.
Speaker 4: Why there's a guy in the pool table with a pool ball up? What did you not notice this?
Speaker 5: As they panned by, there's a guy passed out on the pool table and there's a red pool ball shoved right in his cheeks.
Speaker 4: Wow. Yes, that's quite a job for an extra. Somebody put them Did you tell an extra get a table? And ye?
Speaker 3: My question is did you have to call that shot? Thank you very much? But yeah, amazing, just right there.
Speaker 1: Well, Eric lists all the things he and Julie have done so far. They've water skied, snorkeled, and played beach volleyball. They've apparently changed right back into their clothes from before and done your hair again.
Speaker 3: Of course, had to do that.
Speaker 5: We did everything back in a giant boxy square shirt and on with the rest of the day.
Speaker 1: Eric wants to see where the actual learning takes place. Julie suggests they check out the lab where doctor Halberstram won the Nobel Prize for his cloning experiments. Eric looks pleasantly surprised, and Julie, Elle's just kidding. Doctor Halberstram's a walrus.
Speaker 3: I don't get this at all. I didn't. I don't understand what's happening.
Speaker 5: I think what it's the joke is that it's like a mascot of the school that they called doctor Alberstrand. And it turns out it's literally just a walrus. Like nothing's ever happened at Beach State worth anything, because essentially, I.
Speaker 1: Think, I mean also a beach near the water type school might have some sort of animal.
Speaker 3: Actual you know, actual wall and.
Speaker 2: They call the wall and the doctor the Wallers. His name is doctor.
Speaker 3: Arberstram, Right, that's my guess.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Uh so.
Speaker 1: Eric hopes there's more to this college than just the beach, but Julie doesn't understand what the problem is. She thinks, after all the hard work they put in it, John Adams, this is their reward. But Eric's been out in the real world for a year now and he knows it takes more than a good tan to make it out there. Julie reminds him the real world is four years away. She begins to play frisbee as Eric looks around the room and utter disappointment. And this is where we see a passed out dude holding a beer and a couple who are making out with each other's necks.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can also tell it to beer because the label says beer beer.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's all my favorite brand of beer, doctor beer. I like just no, just beer, just beer. Yeah, beer incursive.
Speaker 3: Yes, I think it would be a great brand. Somebody just did it. Beer like literally just says beer. I bet you that would be like hipsteris everywhere would love it. They'd just be like, what are you drinking beer? Beer? Beer? Yeah. So then we're back in the sorority room.
Speaker 2: Mary Beth is yelling into her phone, so you.
Speaker 3: Want your things back now.
Speaker 1: She starts to throw CDs, a television set, Blockbuster video cases and stories sleeping that light out the window.
Speaker 3: The lightest television set in the history of the world.
Speaker 4: Just it was those things weigh a lot. Yeah, yes they did. Even the old TVs with the big giant.
Speaker 5: Battle ones, even the little ones had more weight than her going hup, Yeah, that was the world's lightest TV.
Speaker 1: Well, Sean whispers to Corey, they need to get out of here. This woman is out of sorts. In my dream, this is the part where she turns around and the first guy she sees she traps in her evil man hating web of vengeful sexuality. And then that's also where you are very close to breaking again. You're just barely keeping it together. He turns around to Mary Beth, flips his collar up and flirts, but she simply tells him to get out. He obliges without question, and Corey isn't far behind.
Speaker 2: But she stops him.
Speaker 1: I want you to stay because you're a sensitive guy and I want to talk to you. Corey says okay, but only for a minute. Mary Beth breaks down and shares her broken heart with Corey. He tries consoling her. His girlfriend is supposed to be with him, but she bailed. They rile each other up and agree that relationships are too complicated. She shouts I'm through with men, and Corey agrees, me too, Me too, And then Mary Beth walks out of her bathroom wearing only an oversized football jersey and asks Corey if he wants to party.
Speaker 5: I think writer's going to say exactly the same thing.
Speaker 3: I'm please, please don't. I have two things about the shot over the shoulder shot from oh oh yeah, oh all right, what were you going to say?
Speaker 5: Well, no, mine is about why get into something sexy to then later just take a shower to get into something sexy.
Speaker 3: He got to keep it going manly.
Speaker 4: She's at it, changes happen, well goes to show that there's no progression to this character, like now, this is where this is an opportunity for like, you know, even even right now, like Corey, instead of just chasing after Sean could have said something like you know, before I go and delivered something that was a sensitive guy thing to say that.
Speaker 3: Then she's like please stay and it's like okay. But instead it's just like seduction. You know, it's very one dimensional. I've never met this guy. But you could do way better, just something as simple as that and just or just develop her character from here on out. She is sex kitten, but it's also a weird sex kitten. She goes because I got to keep something sixxy to then later go and get dressed into something sexy.
Speaker 4: So when when this shot, which you know, kudos Jeff mccrackett is a graduate reference.
Speaker 3: You know, it's the famous like leg and I love that.
Speaker 4: And then also the music does this boom boom, and I was like oh, and.
Speaker 3: I had to pause it. I was like, Alex, Alex, what's the movie with Michael J. Fox where he's in the limo? Do you know where I'm going with this Seaking to My Success?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: And you remember the song? No it goes, I remember the secret And then that whole scene is cut to. I've looked it up.
Speaker 4: It's oh yeah by Yellow, which is boom boom. And then so I was and Alex is like, no, that's Ferris Bueller's. I'm like, it's junk Don't get your Car, that's Ferris Bueler.
Speaker 3: That's the same one.
Speaker 6: Don't don't.
Speaker 3: Oh it's the same song.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: So that's what Like my wife and I were like at a screaming match. I'm like, you know, it's Secret to My Success. She's like, it's Ferris Bueller. So like, oh, they can't. They didn't. This movies came out within like a year of each other. They didn't use the same song.
Speaker 4: They used the same song, and so here this like you could hear the the ray Colcord music beat. There's a complete reference to that, like it was like the music that just said like sex is coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm so glad you guys have knowledge of film and TV, because all.
Speaker 3: You've never seen The Secretary Limited. Great movie is a great movie?
Speaker 5: Yeah, well it was when I saw it in the theater back in the day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right, right right, yeah, all right.
Speaker 1: So then we go to break and we return in mary Beth's room. Mary Beth repeats herself, does he want a party? Corey tells her, let's be clear of your definition of party lest we should send out invites and hire a clown, which.
Speaker 2: Wonderful use.
Speaker 1: And again I guess in this case he is making a he's making a funny joke.
Speaker 3: But she has never said that.
Speaker 1: She likes sense of humor. So easy to just be like, you are so bad, That's what I love about you. Mary Beth smirks. Is she making him nervous? He stutters, no, no, not if there's going to be a clown, and she whispers, no clowns, just you and me. She lights in a romatherapy candle and tells Corey to smell it cornbread and pine needles. She corrects him. It's actually lang Lang and sandalwood. She says that sandalwood helps stimulate them on. Corey nervously asks what lang lang stimulates, and she just gives him a seductive smile and turns on some jazz. You know, the kind of music college kids play to makeout.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sue said the same thing. She's like, did she just put on light jazz? Who the hell does that like?
Speaker 4: Ye?
Speaker 3: Apparently wow.
Speaker 2: He apologizes to Mary Beth.
Speaker 1: He can't be here during this, the time of her great stimulation.
Speaker 3: He's so good Ben. I agree with you guys are saying.
Speaker 5: But Ben is so good in the just so awkward and funny, and he's old school Corey and I I love it.
Speaker 1: I know. He opens the door to leave, but Missus Bluteman is right outside vacuuming.
Speaker 3: He's stuck.
Speaker 1: He proceeds to tell Mary Beth, I am very flattered, but I do have a girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Her name is Tapanga. Mary Beth laughs.
Speaker 3: Is she vacuuming? Or I thought she was?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Mary Beth laughs to Panga, sounds like a freeway exit. Corey says he'll prove it.
Speaker 3: He runs over to the phone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know that it is a freeway anytime. Anyone who's ever wondered where did they come up with the name? We told you in the show. In this episode, Corey says he'll prove it to her and he runs over to the phone. He frantically dials to Panga's number.
Speaker 3: But by the way, they don't have freeways on the East Coast.
Speaker 5: I didn't want to get too east coast into it. But we have highways coast. They're called freeways simply because they're free. There's no tolls where we have a lot of tolls back east.
Speaker 1: So ms Curtis aka Aunt Prue aka Juliet from Romeo, and Juliet answers and Corey asks for Tapanga. She says she's not in, but she'll make sure she calls him back, but Corey reminds her, I'm on that trip, you know, the one you wouldn't let her go on. While Mary Beth continuously touches Corey's leg on the other end of the phone, Aunt Prue says something that raises a red flag for Corey and he doesn't even leave a message for Topanga.
Speaker 3: Oh.
Speaker 1: Corey tosses Mary Beth's phone out the window and she yells, hey, that was mine.
Speaker 5: After half trying to close the antenna, which is not a closable antenna, so just tapping.
Speaker 3: Still, he has that he first he first regular dials a plus phone. Acting goes back to, I mean, it's like it was locked in his brain when we did that betting episode, right, you know, first season that was when he did it like four times, and he's trying to do it again.
Speaker 5: Oh my, and then tries to close it antenna that doesn't close.
Speaker 3: It is so funny.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 1: Corey tells her love is loss. He can't believe to beanga lied to him. She never even told her aunt about the trip. Mary Beth breaks the news. Sounds like she didn't want to come with you. Corey agrees she blamed it on her aunt, but the whole time it was him. She didn't want to be alone with Mary Beth tells Corey she wants to be alone with him. Corey is reluctant. She just broke up with her boyfriend and he just got in a fight with his girlfriend. They're both very vulnerable, and he doesn't want to do anything he's going to regret. Mary Beth continues to pressure him if he passes this up, he'll regret it. She leans in and hugs him, possibly even nibbling on his ear, and that response, I know.
Speaker 3: I couldn't tell you.
Speaker 5: They can't kiss obviously because if they kiss him, kiss him right. So it was the weird how do I do it? Which then it started with the neck. At one point she kisses his nose. It's like.
Speaker 3: His shorts in the preview, but it's like fool on going for it. Yeah right, yes, absolutely yeah.
Speaker 1: So Corey in response, repeats the starting lineup for the nineteen ninety six New York Yankees, starting with first Basement, the big Man fielder.
Speaker 3: The big Man's Thistle fielder.
Speaker 1: Mary Beth whispers, I won't tell anyone and kisses Corey's nose.
Speaker 3: Nose. No, I'm going to.
Speaker 1: Take a shower. When she walks away, Corey breathes a sigh of relief.
Speaker 2: That was it.
Speaker 1: She responds, not even close. I'll be right back. Don't you go anywhere. Corey uses this opportunity to try and sneak out of the room again, but missus Blueman is still outside now painting the walls, painting.
Speaker 2: Well, that's just crazy.
Speaker 1: And then we go to a tense commercial break, and we're back in Marybeth's room. Corey is anxiously sitting on mary Beth's bed when she opens the bathroom door and reveals she's wearing a silky nightgown and robe aka the sexiest thing you're allowed to wear on TGIF.
Speaker 5: Yep, it's so second sexy outfit when Sexy Alphitude.
Speaker 3: It's more covered than the last sexy. Like the last sexy off it was like basically I'm nature from the waist down or in my underwear at least, and now it's up.
Speaker 5: At one point and the thing races up and I was like, oh yeh, that's it's very racy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Corey stands up, Oh boy, look at you. She asks if he likes the way she looks, and he says yes, but he encourages her not to come any closer. Mary Beth doesn't oblige, and Corey even tries playing red light with her as she approaches, but nothing is.
Speaker 5: Working that moment, I thought that was just so funny, red light through red lights.
Speaker 1: Crazy, but nothing is working. Corey says she's just going to lose the game now, but she pushes him onto the bed and says no, they're both going to win. Corey tells her he can counter that move because he's on the wrestling team. She prevents him from getting up. She's on the wrestling team too, Thankfully, At the perfect time, Eric walks in. He sees Mary Beth with a boy on the bed and exclaims, oh, sorry, have you seen my brother? And then from under her, Corey raises his hand. Eric seems disappointed. Okay, well, I'll just get a few things and be on my way, like you seem to be. Corey assured him, this isn't what it looks like. He sarcastically responds, I know you were just wrestling, so funny. I love the way you delivered wrestling, just wrestling. And this is where when I watched the scene over again, I was like, oh, he makes the decision to get a few things because of Corey and Mary Beth, not because.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's not my business. So I'm going to get out of the way.
Speaker 2: I'm going to give you.
Speaker 3: His decision. It's because I say that to him. It's like, you're an adult.
Speaker 5: This is if this is what you want to do, I will clear out of the room, right Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Mary Beth still has her hands all over Corey and he says, please, my brother is here. She says, that's fine, and now we know she's really freaky Dicky, What does that mean?
Speaker 3: That's fine? Like it was Eric going to watch what? What? What the hell is going on? Is down with the bros? No, you just in college. Don't like you're making a resident groupert. It's it's you don't have anyone. Oh my god.
Speaker 4: You guys seriously never made out with somebody like on a couch where other people were in.
Speaker 3: The room, and when you were teenagers or in college.
Speaker 5: To keep it, I mean, probably, but also to keep in mind, I've had my own place since I was sixteen exactly, so when.
Speaker 3: You're it's back then. I mean I remember cars. People would be making out in the front seat. People would be making it on the back seat, like you just made it. You just you know, I guess making out. Yeah, I guess making out is one thing.
Speaker 2: Hold up you basically she's not trying to make out.
Speaker 3: No, she straight went for Corey's junk at one point.
Speaker 6: So yeah.
Speaker 1: Cory asks Mary Beth to give the boys a few minutes alone, and she finally obliges, but says she'll be back, like she's a horned up terminator now alone. Corey tries to explain himself, I know what you're going to say. Eric says, no, he doesn't.
Speaker 3: She goes to get her laundry, but she.
Speaker 2: Says she's going to be back.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's just a very bizarre reason to get her out of the seat, like just get her, just gotta get laundry.
Speaker 3: I'll be back.
Speaker 1: Well, she doesn't say she needs she says. He says, please give us a few minutes alone, and she goes get my laundry, but I'll be.
Speaker 3: Ok she's not like when you said that.
Speaker 1: I was like, what why I don't give them out of the dryer?
Speaker 3: People are going to put stuff in. Give me a yes, Corey.
Speaker 1: Says, can you please give us a few minutes, And she's like, Okay, fine, I'll go get my laundry, but I'm going to come back.
Speaker 2: But I'll be back. It's just to hear what I said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just so easily could have come.
Speaker 2: What it's what with the I don't know.
Speaker 3: Like just setting Corey into this temptation like moment. It's just so forced.
Speaker 4: Because it's like he can't just say I'm not going to have sex with you or I'm not interested in sleeping with you. Uh, you know, but he can just say I need to talk to my brother and she's like, okay, cool, I'll see you later, you know, right right?
Speaker 1: Because she why does she accept just I need to talk. Well, I think it's because it's just if he were to say I'm not doing this, that's the final answer, and she's not willing to accept that. So everything she's doing is if you need a few minutes, that's fine, but I'm coming back. So the only reason she's willing to walk away is because she goes, Okay, I'll go get my laundry, but I'm coming back. So that's the only reason she's like accepting any of this.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 1: Eric says, no, he doesn't, but Corey explains nothing was going to happen. Eric says Corey doesn't have to answer to him, and he heads toward the door with his sleeping bag. Corey asks his brother, did you know Tapanga.
Speaker 3: Lied to me?
Speaker 2: Eric is in swayed. Oh, then she had this coming, and Mary.
Speaker 1: Beth is beautiful and she's here, and no one's ever going to know about it except for Mary Beth and you. Corey's still arguing Tapanga and him had this whole weekend planned out. Why didn't she want to go with him? Eric keeps laying into him. Tomorrow mary Beth will be gone, and so well, sixteen years of a great relationship with somebody you really care about.
Speaker 4: Somebody you sixteen years of non sixteen years again, never never, never, haven't smoked for sixteen years?
Speaker 3: It's a great Yeah, who hasn't smoked for sixteen years?
Speaker 4: When we did the episode where Corey claimed and long Long walk to Pittsburgh, Corey claimed that he had been in love with her for sixteen years, and you, guys, I think it was you made the comparison of like, yeah, you also haven't smoked for sixteen years. It's like that not an accomplishment to have been a human being, like as a kid, It's not that big.
Speaker 1: Of a yeah, yeah, somebody you love, somebody who's worth waiting for. Eric says Corey needs to walk away from these kinds of opportunities, even if they seem great and wonderful in the moment. But ultimately it's Corey's decision, and he knows what's best for him. Eric excuses himself he needs to meet Julie and her study group for jet skiing. So this is then where I was like, Oh, so he wasn't leaving school at all, and he came to look for Corey to invite him to go jet skiing. Yeah, Corey says Eric deserves better too. If Eric goes to Beach State, he'll feel good for a day and then he won't. Eric deserves to go to a place that's worth all the effort. He encourages his brother to go to Penbrook. Eric reveals he never even went to the interview. He got scared because it seemed hard. But Beach State is a sure thing. How can he walk away from a sure thing? Perfectly timed, Mary Beth walks back in the room. She looks at Corey. What's it gonna be? Corey answers, I have to tell you something. I love my girlfriend. He looks back at Eric and says like that. Eric tells Corey let's go. Mary Beth and Corey exchange a little look in a soft smile, and then he's gone. Just then, we see ladder appear outside of mary Beth's window.
Speaker 3: It's Sean.
Speaker 1: He's carrying the TV, said she threw out earlier. Hey, look you what I found. She takes the TV from him and pushes the ladder away, with Sean still on it. How may be dead, He may be dead. I had no idea.
Speaker 3: My god, the very danger. Yes, my god, I you know.
Speaker 4: Sherman talked a little bit about Eric as the wise like character for Corey, and I love that in this like. I love seeing Eric very smart with his yeah, you know, full of confidence and able to give advice.
Speaker 3: It's a cool cool.
Speaker 5: Well, maybe that is what they were going for, is that Eric can see it, can give advice to other people, but he can't see it in himself.
Speaker 6: Yeah, maybe that's what it was.
Speaker 3: And that has been the thing.
Speaker 1: It's it's so interesting that his all of his intelligence seems to be in relationships and emotional intelligence and all of that, and yet is the only one.
Speaker 2: On the show who never ends up having a serious relationship himself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so at seeing it and you know, protecting it for his friends his family, but never gets it fro himself. Well then we are at Penbrook. Eric is wearing a tie. It's no Turner tie. Rest in peace. He's standing in an academic office across from new character alert Bonnie Bartlett, who states, I'm sorry, but your interview was two days ago. You didn't show up. You didn't even notify us. She has other applicants who were responsible enough to show up at their scheduled time. Eric admits he was scared, but she doesn't care to listen to excuses. Eric pleads, it's not an excuse, it's how I felt. He's still scared, but he's determined to make sure he goes to the right school. She asks him why he thinks this is the right school for him, and he tells her that other people say he has potential, and now he's finally starting to believe them. That's why he needs Penbrook. She says he had his chance, but Eric won't take no for an answer. He quickly stands so fast you can see the boom mic quickly.
Speaker 3: Jumping out.
Speaker 1: The twos and says Penbrook is his chance. He demands that he get his interview, and she remarks, well, I think you just had it.
Speaker 5: Can we talk very, very very very quickly about how stunning Bonnie looks on camera? I know, I mean she the camera just there are some people they say the camera loves them.
Speaker 3: She is one of those people. She just shines on camera. It's amazing.
Speaker 5: I know.
Speaker 1: Well, then we're in the Matthews living room, Corey in a sweater vest, wearing tapanga or sitting on the couch and their shoes. When Corey says, you lied to me, she nods, I was just worried about being alone with you overnight. Corey tells her she should have said something. She could have told him how she felt. When did you ever say no to me that I didn't listen? When did you ever worry about being alone with me? She admits, never, I was worried about me. I was worried about what I might do alone with you and the beach and the moon. I know I'm not ready yet. It's also what she would say if she were a werewolf.
Speaker 3: Just, oh my god, is that what it is?
Speaker 5: I never watched Gomi's World. Was that one of the twists? Okay, good, no idea what happens on that show? So I didn't know if it could be about a werewolf.
Speaker 4: You make the joke, but that is literally the plot line of season two with Corey, right, he thinks he's going to.
Speaker 3: Be a were wolf. So their first kiss was aware. The second kiss was because he was afraid he was gonna You're.
Speaker 1: Right, Corey assureser, I know things are going to happen between us when they're supposed to happen, and I know I'll wait until they do. She asks how he knows, and he answers the best things in life are worth waiting for. She feels the same way about him. She leans into.
Speaker 5: Yeah, dun dun dun doune done done.
Speaker 1: You know, basically, every time Corey is alone away from Tobago, someone is is. There's just a possibility that it's happening, and you know.
Speaker 5: This is.
Speaker 3: You just don't understand it.
Speaker 4: You don't get it because I mean, yes, I want to put my penis in other people, but this is this is the universe, this is this is it.
Speaker 3: You know, you're a very sexy boy, Corey.
Speaker 2: Corey is surprised.
Speaker 3: He can't wait to.
Speaker 1: Tell Seanean and then we have the tag We're in the Matthew's kitchen.
Speaker 3: Your face did you see that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know, You're just like, that's weird. That's such a good reaction.
Speaker 1: The whole family, plus Foene, Sean, and Tapanga gather around Eric as he holds his letter from Penbrook. He can't open it. He's too scared. He gives Corey the letter, who frantically tears it open. Corey reads it to himself. Oh boy, oh boy, this is bad. Eric's panicking, and Phoene reminds him that Dean Bolander is a tough cookie.
Speaker 2: Eric asks how he knows her in.
Speaker 1: Phoene size, she's been after me for years.
Speaker 3: Great joke.
Speaker 1: Sean's now looking at the letter, he says, it just getting worse. Eric screams, just tell me. Corey gives in. First of all, they're charging an arm in a leg to Panga Ads and they want you there like a week before Labor Day for some kind of orientation deal. Eric shouts, I'm in, I'm in. Alan gives him a huge hug, and the audience lets out a roaring applause. Everyone continues to hug Eric, and finally Feoene gives him a huge hug and Eric smiles, Thank you, mister Feenie, thank you for everything.
Speaker 4: This is amazing to watch because I'm like, oh my gosh. The end of season three was Eric not getting into college, right like, they're getting that letter and that dramatic and then the beginning of the season is you on the road trip, and that your whole storyline about whether you're going to stay there. I mean, you were like carrying the show at this point?
Speaker 3: Did you did you know that? No? No, I did you.
Speaker 4: I Mean we've talked about this, like off Mike, but like, it is crazy to me how much I thought that we were like small.
Speaker 3: Parts of the Yeah show.
Speaker 4: In retrospect, I'm like, we were the stars of network television show and we were carrying. So you never thought that always if you had asked me two years ago, like were you on boy, me, totally. Yeah, it was a small part of it was one of the you know, I had some good scenes, I had some good episodes. But now I'm like, no, we were like a huge like you and I were king guys, so much of this together all the time.
Speaker 3: My god, we were together all the time. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Actually, I actually don't think we work together that much, but like we've we've been all Eric and Sean have been alternating the emotional arc of seasons and multi episodes, and it's just like it's mind boggling to me because you know, I think it was because partly because you and I were splitting the duties. You would have a whole week where you wouldn't be doing anything. I would have a week where I wouldn't be doing anything. Yeah, And so in our minds we just thought of it as like, it's Ben's show. We're just kind of here episode I've.
Speaker 5: Got one about myself this week, Like that's how I would also like, Oh, Eric's got a decent part this week. That's always what it was. It was never oh I've got the art of the season like that never came into my head. So yeah, very strange. Also, I have to say when Feenie and Eric hugged, I welled up a little bit. My robot heart melted and I felt human emotion.
Speaker 3: I didn't like it. I didn't like it, but it didn't like the robot having heart like that. Didn't like feeling, but it was it was It was nice. It was very nice.
Speaker 1: It's a wonderful button on a wonderful season. I can't believe I get to say this right now, but our next episode recap will be season five, episode one, Brothers, which originally aired October third, nineteen ninety seven. So thank you all for joining us for this episode. As always, You can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod Meets Worldshow at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: And we have merch.
Speaker 4: Buy some merch just like in my dream pod Meets Worldshow dot com.
Speaker 2: U will send us out.
Speaker 3: We love you all. Pod dismissed. I knew you were going to say that.
Speaker 5: Podmets World is Niheart podcast producer and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfredell and Ryder Strong executive producers, Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman, Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Tara sudbachsch producer, Maddy Moore, engineer and Boy Meets World super fan Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon and you can follow us on Instagram at Podmeats World Show or email us at Podmeats Worldshow at gmail dot com