Speaker 1: I Am all In.
Speaker 2: Let's you.
Speaker 3: I Am all In with Scott Patterson, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hey everybody, Scott Patterson and this is the I Am all In podcast and the pop culture from Winter continues.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to the I Am all Podcast.
Speaker 1: It's nice to be here. Larela is trying to get Emily to admit she gave the wrong dimension for the painting of Richard in the Massive Painting of Richard in the living Room, Laurelai, you spinal tap the painting. Larele is referring to the nineteen eighty four mockumentary film This Is Spinal Tap, where in a scene the Stonehenge props were too small because of incorrectly labeled measurement units. Did you know? Several rockstars of commented on what an accurate spoof of the rock and heavy metal world this film was. Ozzy Osbourne said when he first watched a film, he was the only person who wasn't laughing. He thought it was a real documentary YouTube. Guitars the Edge said, I didn't laugh, I wept. It was so close to the truth. Great film, recommended for anybody. And that's like Rob Reiner. Rob Reiner film ladies and gentleman. Uh, Susan, I believe it's time for you to step up and read.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna read. Lorlai continues to investigate why the portrait of Richard is so large. She says, a portrait so big Peter Jackson could hang it at the Argonauth. Peter Jackson is the director, writer, and producer of the Lord of the Rings trilogy. The Argonauf is a monumental gait entrance in the film, composed of two enormous statues carved in the life of Oh Gosh is Solder and Anarion. I do not know anything about Lord of the Rings? Can you tell h did you know? Peter Jackson credits his favorite movie, King Kong from nineteen thirty three as his biggest inspiration in filmmaking.
Speaker 1: That's quite a fell, Danielle.
Speaker 5: I think you're up rite this one, Emily and Richards. Lorelai is trying to avoid telling a story about Richard and tries to wake Marty up. Laurai says, Hey, Marty, Marty, Babe Pailey is in the corner. Babe Pailey was a magazine editor and socialite in Style Icon from New York City. She was married to CBS executive William S. Paley and one of the closest friends of the Truman Capoti Did you Know? She was one of the main characters portrayed by Naomi Watts in Ryan Murphy's latest feud series, Feud Capoti versus the Swans.
Speaker 1: Amy, you want me to do it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Next day?
Speaker 2: Have me to Rory thanks Emily at dinner for allowing her to store her boxes at her house. Where are you going to live? I'll get my own place eventually. I'll get my own place again, eventually. Yeah, But for now she's Jack Kerouac. She's on the Road in It Pass the Peyote. Jack Carrouac was a novelist who wrote On the Road in nineteen fifty seven. The novel is based on the travels he and his friends had across the United States. Did you Know? On the Road was written in only three weeks and it was a massive success. And I've never read it? Do not hate? What? What I know?
Speaker 1: What kind of syllabus did you have in school? You didn't read On the Road?
Speaker 2: No? I read like all the a lot of the others.
Speaker 1: Not sure Red Moby Dick, but maybe Mal's little Red Book.
Speaker 2: What you read remember of Mice and Men? Yeah, the Iliad and the Odyssey?
Speaker 1: Okay, sure, greatest hits, all right, well that's okay, that's okay. Uh yeah, you got to do this one too, Amy.
Speaker 2: Gosh Emily asked Luke what he things about Rory's living situation. What do you think about Rory's living situation? Her trapesing around from one count to another like she's lewell and Davis. First of all, trap sing is a great word. Inside. Llewellyn Davis is a twenty thirteen film that follows one week in the life of Llewellyn Davis, a folk singer struggling to achieve musical success.
Speaker 1: It's Davis, not Llewellyn. Oh sorry, Lewin.
Speaker 2: Lewin.
Speaker 5: I was like, oh, that's how you pronounced that.
Speaker 1: Let's start let's start out Llewellyn. You butchered the name.
Speaker 2: I'm correcting it now, Lewin Davis. That just shows like probably nobody knew Lewyn Davis is still a folks singer, struggling days while keeping his life in order and going from place to place. The movie is loosely based on the life of folks singer Dave Van Wrong, who was a key figure in the folk music revival of the fifties and sixties.
Speaker 1: That's just like a.
Speaker 2: Pop culture thing about people that I don't know anything about, people that people don't know anything about.
Speaker 1: Like, wait a minute, you're you're like a you're you're a Berkeley girl.
Speaker 2: I know, but I don't know Lou and David and I don't.
Speaker 1: Know hippie movement. Man, that's where it all for.
Speaker 2: I know Crosbie Stills in Nash like I know a lot of Like I know Joan Didyon. That's not a musician. What is the Yeah, who's the folks singer I know from that time?
Speaker 1: Bob Dylan, j.
Speaker 2: B A lady, Joan Bias, Thanks.
Speaker 1: John Bias, Thank you so much.
Speaker 4: Completely different than.
Speaker 2: Very I.
Speaker 1: To my school.
Speaker 2: She went to my school.
Speaker 1: Joan Didyon went to your school.
Speaker 2: She went to Berkeley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Luke and Laura, Like, I think I'm right on that.
Speaker 2: I mean, someone fact checked me, but I'm pretty sure. Oh, you're getting such a good one, Scott one.
Speaker 1: Do I not deserve a good one?
Speaker 2: You do? You do? You're not going to pre she had as much as I do, but do it anyway.
Speaker 1: I just had a conversation with Scott, he said, it's okay, go ahead, do it, Lou Can laurle I compare April and Rory's intelligence. Look, Rory's smart. She speaks like she doesn't need subtitles, Lorelei, Yeah, but she grew up with me. She learned all her language skills via The Breakfast Club. The Breakfast Club is a nineteen eighty five coming of age film that tells the story of five teenagers from different high school clicks who serve a Sunday detention overseen by their vice principal. Did you know Judd Nelson stating character off Camery, even bullying Molly Ringwald. John Hughes, the director, nearly fired him over this, but Paul Gleason defended Judd, saying that he was a good actor and he was just trying to get into character.
Speaker 2: That's the good actor. Who can name everyone of them? Anthony, Michael Hall, Emelia Molly Ringwold.
Speaker 1: Ali Ally Sheedy, Yeah, Ali Sheedy.
Speaker 2: You know what.
Speaker 4: Janitor was on the podcast? Yes, I forget his name.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that's right, that guy. Yeah, yeah, he was great. Bill.
Speaker 2: What wasn't a good documentary? And I feel super bad saying this that Andrew McCarthy brat Pack documentary. I love Andrew McCarthy and I wanted to love it.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: There there for me.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is a didn't see it.
Speaker 5: I love it.
Speaker 1: I'm still trying to catch up on House of Cards.
Speaker 2: Oh you know what, me too. And you know what, I'm going to start bringing again thanks to Danielle Romo scandal.
Speaker 1: Speaking of which I will be viewing two episodes of House of Cards this evening.
Speaker 2: I'm still getting through prison Break, prison Break. I'm rewatching prison Break. Oh gosh, you should watch it. You would actually love it. Season one of prison Break, Scott, do me a favor, Give it a go.
Speaker 1: It's so good not doing it.
Speaker 2: Harris reprimands her employee in front of Luke and Lorli at her clinic. Hologize to your parents. Tell them you'll pay them back for the semesters you studied. Buffy the Vampire Slayer's effect on the feminist agenda. Buffy the Vampire Slayer is a TV series based on the ninety two film that follows Buffy Summers, a young woman who was chosen by fate to battle vampires, demons, and other forces of darkness. Many consider Buffy a feminist show. I've never seen it. Did you know Buffy Summers was played by Sarah Michelle Geller. Of course I knew that, who had an irrational fear of graveyards and being buried alive. She spent a lot of time filming in fake cemeteries of the show. Danielle and new name for five dollars the star from nine oh two to one zero that was in the original Buffy the Vampire Slayer movie five dollars immediately five seconds.
Speaker 5: Hush, Dan and Doherty iron deering.
Speaker 2: Nope, Luke, Harry, thanks for I was going.
Speaker 5: To sue, I was going to say, this.
Speaker 4: Is a great Danny Strong in Buffy.
Speaker 6: Doyle.
Speaker 2: No, but that's that's possible and cool.
Speaker 4: He was somehow connected with it. And I didn't watch Buffy, but I remember hearing there's a connection there somewhere.
Speaker 1: Who's up? Who's up? You want to take one?
Speaker 2: Paris shows Luke.
Speaker 4: And Lorlei a list of potential candidates for a surrogate. Paris says she just conceived a very high profile client. Let's just call him Doogie howser. Luke says, you mean Neil Patrick Harris Doogie Howser is a fictional character in the sitcom Doogie Howser, MD, played by Neil Patrick Harris. Dookie is a teenage physician who balances the challenge of practicing medicine with the everyday problems of teenage life.
Speaker 2: Did you know.
Speaker 4: Stephen Bochko, the show's creator, based the character on his father, who was a child prodigy violinist.
Speaker 2: I did not know that. But Doogie Howser was a great show back in the day. It really was. It was a great show. I really was trying to keep my ben Affleck going.
Speaker 5: You know, you got to share some ben Affleck. Yeah, take time right now, Okay, Luke leaves in the middle of Paris' presentation. Paris says, yes, go talk it through. I'll send you a DVD of my top picks. I'll also include a copy of Gone Girl and Pah was great in that. Laura Li says, thanks, and the Gone Girl is a twenty fourteen films during Ben Affleck, Rosamund Pike and dear Patrick Harris. In the film, Nick Dunn, played by Ben Affleck, becomes the prime suspect in the sudden disappearance of his wife played by Rosamond Pike. Did you know in twenty twenty four or in a twenty twenty four Netflix documentary called American Nightmare, the victim Denise Huskins was played by a real life Gone Girl. I didn't know what's called the real life Gone Girl?
Speaker 2: Can I say something X rated? I think I can. If you watch a certain shower scene, real real slow of Gone Girl, you can see ben Afflex.
Speaker 1: Oh, for God's sake, just keep a tight kid, come.
Speaker 2: Good movie like that was actually be a really good movie. Now people need to know this kind of stuff, Scott, They do they do they care? I think we've even talked about it before. If I Michael, you want to talk about that? I was gonna say you can see his egg plant. I like to say egg plant because you know the emoji. Look, uh, Scott, this is deaf Leppard. Do you want to do it? Do you want me to know?
Speaker 1: I have to recover? Sorry.
Speaker 2: Harris explains to Rory how she and Doyle have split and he's a changed man and he wears faded two hundred dollars rock t shirts and his friends with Brett Rattner and works on the coast. It's fine, I'll kill him in court. Sure, I'll be using that deaf leopard T shirt to clean my windows. Def Leppard is an iconic English rock band formed in seven, nineteen seventy six, consisting of Rick Savage, Joe Elliott, Rick Allen, Phil Collin, and Vivian Campbell. What's funny about this reference is that actor Danny Strong, who portrayed Doyle, is an actual successful screenwriter. He created Dope Sick, starring Michael Keaton. Again, nice shout out for Michael Keaton. My guy, I need to watch Dope Sick. He co starred with Lee Daniels Empire star Oh Sorry, co created with Lee Daniels Empire starring Taraji p Henson Crazy. He also wrote the Hunger Games film Mocking j Part one and two. Just to name a few, like, could you argue that Danny Strong like kind of is the biggest success from Gilmer Girls?
Speaker 6: Maybe hmmm, be.
Speaker 1: Big Bigger than Melissa McCarthy. I don't think.
Speaker 2: Nope, you're correct, thank you. Not bigger than Scott Patterson. Do you know Scott Patterson? He played Luke.
Speaker 1: I had to stand on the line too long.
Speaker 2: I went home and def Leppard was once Taylor Swift's favorite band, Pour Some Sugar on Me. In two thousand and eight, when Taylor was just eighteen years old, she teamed up with Deaf Leopard for a cross roads performance Those Are Good. At the time, she claimed that def Leppard was the only group she would partner with for a crossroads performance.
Speaker 5: Wows, I need to see some video from that.
Speaker 2: That's probably on YouTube.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: Susanne Harris continues to talk to Rory about Doyle and she says, can you say he felt you up at our Christmas party for the deposition? Maury says no, Paris says, but you're all I've got. Our nanny looks like. Benissio del Toro Benicicio del Toro is an actor known for his portrayal of the police officer Javier Rodriguez in the two thousand film Traffic.
Speaker 1: Did You Know?
Speaker 4: At twenty one years old, Benicio was the youngest person ever to portray a villain in a James Bond movie, Dario and License to Kill.
Speaker 1: That's a great credit to have when you're twenty one.
Speaker 5: Can I do the next one?
Speaker 2: Because I actually I subscribe to this.
Speaker 5: So Lordlai goes over to Emily's where she has a ton of people packing up her house, Emily says, and decluttering my life. You know Marie Condo, Lauraai says no. Marie Condo is a professional organizer and author. In twenty ten, she wrote The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up and Release, a Netflix series. In twenty nineteen, while tidying Up with Marie Condo, which I'm gonna go ahead and say, took up my entire COVID twenty twenty year, was following her methods doing it right, organized my whole house. Her method consists of gathering together all of one's belongings and keeping only those that spark joy, and choosing a place for everything from then on. Did you know Marie Condo doesn't wear pants because several years ago they stopped bringing her joy. And you know what, that is a decision I stand.
Speaker 1: Behind all right, no pants for Danielle.
Speaker 5: They're so uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: That's a good name of rock band. No pants for Danielle. I like that. Maybe that's the new band name. Okay.
Speaker 2: Laura notices Emily is wearing jeans and they are hers. I don't even know where I got these. They're mine, they are Did you not notice the Billy Squire Patch on the Butt. Billy Squire is a musician of the eighties. He started his music career at twelve, and while in high school, he even played with The Grateful Dead at Boston's Psychedelics Supermarket club. Cavities, by the way, guys, I never had I've never had a cavity before.
Speaker 1: No, that is fifty.
Speaker 2: Years old, and I've got my first two, maybe three cavities. How scary is it to get them filled?
Speaker 5: Look are they surface?
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no like root canal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you don't want to do a root canal.
Speaker 2: No, I don't have that.
Speaker 1: She said, if you root just get swighlighted.
Speaker 2: Do not that. I'm going to be I'm not getting a root canal, and I can't.
Speaker 1: If you ever do, do not be awake for it.
Speaker 5: Okay, Yeah, I've tried to. I've had one cavity that she was like, this might be a root canal, and luckily it was not.
Speaker 2: It was not.
Speaker 5: But that was painful just because she had to get.
Speaker 2: In there.
Speaker 1: Be awake for that stuff. No, no, no, I had to try to convince me to do it while I was awake. And you know what I did. I enjoyed, pushed him. I said, not gonna doe.
Speaker 2: It gonna be away because I don't like anaesthesia.
Speaker 5: So guys, Amy, you'll be fine.
Speaker 1: You want to, you want to, you want to just go to sleep and make up the noise?
Speaker 2: Is it loud?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it loud?
Speaker 1: It's horrible, man, super loud and cavity. It's bad that you don't. You don't want to. You don't want to, and there's a root canal just telling me it's.
Speaker 2: Not a root canal. But guys, I need you to talk to me. How scared should I be for the cavity filling?
Speaker 5: It just depends on It.
Speaker 1: Depends on how they're going to have to send a couple of guys in there with Jackammer's whether they.
Speaker 2: Should I be stressed or just be brave. I cried at the today Jackie.
Speaker 5: No, okay, Amy, I'm going to give you the real real okay is do you know what teeth it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Which ones?
Speaker 2: I think it's molars? Three?
Speaker 1: You get used to this sound.
Speaker 5: Because if it's like one of the front teeth, it's fine because they just like kind of like do that, but smolder. They're gonna have to numb you up. Are you okay with them?
Speaker 2: I'm fine with shots and totally you're fine.
Speaker 5: Then you're fine, Then you're it's fine.
Speaker 2: I once had fourteen shots in my chest.
Speaker 5: I'm fine, You're fine. I thank You're fine.
Speaker 2: Please join us next week for dental talk. Okay, here here's your here's my Patterson, who played Luke on Gilmour Amy.
Speaker 5: Bring your headphones.
Speaker 2: I know something was so loud today, the like teeth cleaning thing that I couldn't even hear Vince Vaughan and Jason Bateman on the part list. I was like, I can't hear, so I maybe need my giant headphones, like noise canceling. Yeah, it's in October. We'll just count it down together, guys. I'll keep everybody updated.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm about to do full blood panel, just doing cleaning.
Speaker 1: He just knocked me out. I don't want to, Danielle.
Speaker 2: Blood is no thing. I give blood. Get my blood. It's so nothing.
Speaker 5: So when I get my blood taken out, it's like it's not just like a vial, it's like as I.
Speaker 2: Know, it's fine. I wish you guys could have been more supportive about the cavity.
Speaker 5: I'm most supportive. As long as you're okay getting shots. I wasn't sure. If you're okay, that's not good, good, then you're good. You're going to be just fine.
Speaker 2: I also want to do like a deep cleaning. Has anyone done that?
Speaker 1: I just had it done before I came to Canada.
Speaker 2: How scary is that?
Speaker 1: It's not scary, It's like it's all the technology is really simple.
Speaker 2: Now, you wanted your curly whites for the TV show?
Speaker 1: No, I wanted to keep him gray and yellow. That's what you want for rating. What's kind of a question is that, Yeah, I wanted them white.
Speaker 2: Star is hard to be so beautiful.
Speaker 1: I'm not beautiful, and it's not hard. I'm not a star.
Speaker 2: Nobody got time for that. Well, you're in like every scene right now, so obviously they think you're okay.
Speaker 1: How's Chad chats? You know, chats chat man.
Speaker 2: He's looking good, looking good. I bet his teeth are soups t white.
Speaker 1: I didn't really check them when you see him? What I just saw him?
Speaker 2: I just saw, Oh, well look closer.
Speaker 4: Okay, So all right, So Laura, I wants Emily to see a therapist after losing Richard and Emily says, I knew it. You have been trying to get me into a therapist's office ever since you saw that Tony Soprano show. Tony Soprano is the protagonist of the Sopranos played by James Gandolfini. Tony Soprano was often featured on the show Attending Therapy. Did you know the series was originally a future film? And there's also a scene in the sp is where they're watching Gilmore.
Speaker 1: Girls come out, come out. They're like in each other's universes. Really, Laura Lai continues to convince Emily that a therapist might be a smart idea Laurai, And if you do it, commit, you know, really go for it, Emily, I will, Laurlai jump in with both feets five, six days a week. Really, what do you allan? The hell out of it? What do you hellen? What do you allan? Is a filmmaker, comedian, actor whose career spans more than six decades. Laurai is referring to Woody Allen's movies where many of the characters go see therapists. Did you know Woody Allen dropped out of NYU after failing a film course. Ironic that interesting.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm to say?
Speaker 1: What are you gonna say?
Speaker 5: We missed a pop culture reference that I like. When I watched it, I was like, oh my god, I could Danielle Romo, roy CHOI anybody else I know about when you weren't here.
Speaker 1: But yeah, okay, we already talked about it.
Speaker 5: Really started the food truck trend in l A. And like, now that's all you.
Speaker 2: See like that.
Speaker 5: He was a huge started the Kogi truck and just a pioneer in the food community. So I just wanted to give him a shout.
Speaker 2: We we did.
Speaker 1: We did him good. We did him good.
Speaker 2: He was no Melissa McCarthy, but we were not mad about it.
Speaker 1: Fine, all right, care Za is going to wrap it up for winter.
Speaker 2: Winter was long, so long we lost.
Speaker 1: Thirty one items on the menu.
Speaker 6: Uh can?
Speaker 5: I asked a question to Amy and Suzanne p of the No no, no, but you're you're like me. We're newbies of the Four movies, which was your favorite?
Speaker 2: Okay, so we're not doing that you weren't here. Scott doesn't want any part of.
Speaker 1: My I don't want any eary about things, but of the four I don't want to be influenced. I'll be influenced you. Amy and and Susanne are extremely powerful. They're they're influential.
Speaker 2: Yeah, true, And I will also I can tell you maybe like if when Scott like, I'll.
Speaker 5: Text you, okay, okay, text me. I'm curious, like I don't have anything. I don't know what's to come, and I like that, like, oh, I gotta wait for her. But there's one like I feel like it's going to be fall because Gilmore Girls is.
Speaker 2: There's one for me that wasn't so great, long musical numbers.
Speaker 1: I thought we were not going to do this.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I don't want to know exactly. And there's one that I thought was really really great.
Speaker 1: You should be an interrogator, I mean, get it out, you get it out of people.
Speaker 2: So Danielle is going to do dan Els diary, but just give us like overall, how did you feel about Winter? I liked it.
Speaker 5: I am I just clip notes and I'll get I'll dive into this a little bit more. But I thought like the Luke Lorli trying to have a baby thing was.
Speaker 2: A stretch, terrible.
Speaker 3: But I did love Paris, and you know I I liked was back with Logan yeah, I didn't like under what terms, So there's a lot to discover it out.
Speaker 2: Do you think the hair person was bad because Scott's hair was terrible as well's hair was.
Speaker 5: Not good, like when you were sitting on the bed and watching TV that I.
Speaker 1: Thought it looked good, but my hair didn't look that bad.
Speaker 2: You thought, Lauren Graham Laura's bouffont, Scott's hair looked good. No, I know, but I'm asking now about Lorlai. I thought there were scenes where I was great, and then there was somewhere I'm like, it's way too country club bouffont hair. It's not you know.
Speaker 5: I didn't. It didn't stick out to me, so I I I have to watch again.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 5: I wasn't. I didn't watch it.
Speaker 1: She's a country club kind of gal.
Speaker 2: Danielle because Danielle deals with our expenses.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: Did you see the two surprises that I bought?
Speaker 1: I did?
Speaker 2: I did so good. As soon as they come, I can't wait to show Scott. Here's the sad part. So I'll tell everybody. I'm finding the clothes from winter. I'm trying to find the clothes and buy them. I was able to find two things, and I think they're not going to fit. They're too small, so but I'm going to try. We'll see.
Speaker 1: All right, let's wrap it up.
Speaker 2: Uh your wardrobe, Scott, Sorry, I know we gotta go, But did you say.
Speaker 1: That I have a whole closet full of my wardrobe?
Speaker 2: My god, why do you don't twelve years later?
Speaker 1: I'm good. Well, let's speculate on that maybe they don't fit any are right? As I've aged?
Speaker 5: Correct, I understand that I can't fit into something I wore a year and a half ago.
Speaker 6: Great.
Speaker 2: I love you, guys. I'm really enjoying watching these movies with you. And because we're coming to the end, everybody should literally stay tuned, and if you forgot to listen, you should because we've got some pretty rad stuff coming up with once we finish the movies. I'm actually very excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we have some announcements to make, don't we.
Speaker 2: We sure do, but we gotta wait till winter, spring, summer, during fall, we'll start making those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, all right, all right, kids, Thank you to Danielle Romol, Susanne French, Amy, Sugarman Tar Sued. We'll be joining us in the future and that's gonna wrap it for this. We'll see you next time for Spring I.
Speaker 2: Guess life sure, Spring, summer and fall.
Speaker 1: Best fans on the planet, keep those cards and letters coming. Thanks for everything. Remember we and I are all in love you guys.
Speaker 6: Stay safety, everybody, and to forget.
Speaker 1: Follow us on Instagram at I Am All In podcast and email us at Gilmore at iHeartRadio dot com.