Speaker 1: What's your favorite food that you missed from Japan? Just tell me one time.
Speaker 2: I just loved the fact that they had like a bunch of vegan options, so like I got everything vegan and I was just like.
Speaker 1: Damn, I wish fuck it did Jack. He's telling me that because I went to this vegan e'zakaya in Shibuya that was so fucking good, and I, oh, really, she should have told you about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like everybody was going to Isakaiah like we heard about it, but I was on Happy Cow. I was on Happy Cow. I could yeah, yeah, but yeah, there's like definitely like cheesecake. I'm still thinking about.
Speaker 1: Did you have those tofu sticks that they sell at the convenience stores.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't have that. I like, I think I only ate out of the convenience store like once or twice when it was like really late. But for the most part, I got to like go everywhere and just like have vegan food, and it was completely different than my trip in like twenty fifteen, when I was just only eating out of stores. It's crazy how much that's blossomed. But it made me so happy because I could have like rammen and I had like ben to Box I had like everything in Tokyo.
Speaker 1: There's even like a vegan bagel spot too that I feel like, like everything is. It's all happening. And it's funny though too, because sometimes in Japan they'll be like, oh, the meat is vegan, but then everything else is made with animal stuff, and sometimes there's like this misunderstanding. We're like, well, the meat is vegan, but did you use like dairy? They're like, yeah, right is vegan.
Speaker 3: Hello the Internet, and welcome to season three thirty eight, episode five of Derd's Like Ice production of iHeart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dave into america shared consciousness. And it is Friday, May seventeenth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 1: You know what get your buy any means on whenever there's a drought, get your umbrellas out. Because it's Malcolm X Day, the third Friday in May. It's also National Idaho Day, National graduation tassel tape. Yeah, shout out your only the tassels though. Yeah, I guess that's the part you forget. What's that called a mortar board the hat? Hey, but your mortar board boards on? Yeah, that's what the hat's called the mortar board. I believe National wand that day, Nascarte Nascarte, Nascar Da, National Pizza Parte Day, National Bike to Work Day, National Bike to School Day. This is so much. There's also National Cherry Cobbler Day, National pack Rat Day, and National Endangered Species. They gotta get it in turned up.
Speaker 2: Just Rid has to be pissed that his day got co opted by somebody.
Speaker 1: By Cherry Cobbler.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, hey, you know, it is what it is. It is what it is. Well, my name is Jack O'Brien aka don't smell my balls.
Speaker 2: Don't smell my balls.
Speaker 3: Nobody ever should smell my balls the way that smell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're smell lee that don't smell good.
Speaker 3: That is courtesy of Christy Amagucci man on the disccord, who said, gonna really need you to belt this one out with feeling, preferably with an esteemed guest on.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness, So the most one of our.
Speaker 1: Most esteemed, pretty esteemed, and I think their reaction to.
Speaker 3: Was like them.
Speaker 2: I can only hope your children are in the next.
Speaker 3: Room, But there are people they are like parents of my kids classmates who have listened to my.
Speaker 1: Podcast now like one of them. Will you heard this podcast? And it's it's interesting. It's definitely changed the vibes.
Speaker 3: It has, like, so do the kids like know what you do for a living?
Speaker 1: What are they acting like?
Speaker 2: You go, okay, yeah, dirty money, dirty money.
Speaker 3: Basically a news porn money by the way, don't let me down. Really the doomy baby of the Beatles catalog, like they keep you in like the way should do me? Yes, she do me? Should do me good? Like the first time they do it, They're like the way she do And then John Lennon comes in. It's like me like, it's like a little dirty like trick.
Speaker 1: It's like, you.
Speaker 3: Guys are too fucking childish for this to like feel sexual. Just we said we weren't gonna say that. Nobody wants to hear Paul McCartney be like, do me baby, My Paul McCartney sounds Russian. Anyways, I'm thrilled to be joined as always by my co host mister Miles.
Speaker 4: Grass Miles Drake, Hey drinking pine since Tuesday at three look at this portal just for me, Mandemn Chip, we start a praying storm, drop Pants Wang read YouTube perform dud Jo shut Up jone about.
Speaker 1: Okay, shout out to fruits for me. That was a tune of Basement Jack's hit Where's your Head at? Probably inspired by ed Zitron, who Where's your Head act? We're guessing thing, where's your head? Uh h, and also referencing the portal the New York City to Dublin portal. That just became people showing their butts and boobs and.
Speaker 2: I have my headphones on and when you started screaming, my dog woke up.
Speaker 1: Oh, I went, hey, look nose music. Hey, great album. Shout out Rudy by Basement Checks.
Speaker 2: Shout out Sammy by the Rescue that I got them fresh.
Speaker 1: Shout out Sammy too. Shout out rescues all over the globe. Well, miles, we are thrilled to be joined in our third seat by a hilarious and brilliant stand up comedian, writer, actor, improviser. You can catch her on stages across the country. Particularly you can catch her at the Facial Recognition comedy show monthly. It was just a part of Netflix. Is a joke, no.
Speaker 3: Doubt there tonight at the Comedy Chateau. Is that still going down?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: But you can chat our next of facial recognition comedy on the twenty first at the store at eight pm.
Speaker 1: There it is.
Speaker 3: It's welcome, welcome. It's been been a while, It has been a while.
Speaker 1: Been a while. Yep.
Speaker 3: I didn't do that, but you did. I did, And that's why it works. How you've been.
Speaker 1: I know you were, you were, you were gallivanting, yes.
Speaker 2: But I never told work, so they thought I was here the whole time.
Speaker 1: It Yeah, I got all my work, dude.
Speaker 2: That's the point.
Speaker 3: Oh, you're able to work remotely. How is it with the time difference?
Speaker 2: Because I was up at two am and four am and pretending I was fully awake.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, I thought about that too. Is people you people know that you were in Asia?
Speaker 2: Right, I'm guessing, like like I word of mouth. But this is the first media it'll be on.
Speaker 3: Oh first media.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think is going to listen to this podcast?
Speaker 1: Okay, well.
Speaker 2: Contact them please.
Speaker 1: We will.
Speaker 3: We're actually one of the number one podcasts for corporate narcs.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you always ask, hey, you got a day job?
Speaker 2: You change your name to the water cooler? Hey, how much food have you smoked? And what federal grants are you guys?
Speaker 1: Yeah? H ship yeah, two and four. That sounds tough because every time I've gone to Asian, I thought, yeah, I might be able to record remotely. I've thought I could do that with the same amount of energy unless I've just become like I have like nurse firefighter hours where I'm like, I don't know this time I'm up, and then during the day it's a zombie walk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but then during the day you're like doing all Like I was there to like experience it, so I was like doing all the stuff, and then at night I was so I my body did crash a couple of times where I was like, this is too much. I'm too old.
Speaker 3: It's like four am. You're like, oh yeah, it was so board. What are you guys having for lunch?
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, yeah, I think I might go get like probably a rap or something. Yeah, just like eyes barely open.
Speaker 2: Okay, blurred out the background.
Speaker 3: Our number one fan is on this podcast is the guy who wrote the ink dot com article It's time to make hush trips a fireable offense employee travel sounds cool, but it could be a nightmare hush trip for HR.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: This is this is in ink dot COM's hr Benefits section.
Speaker 2: So benefits that is we have none? Next question, Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Wow, holy shit, that is so funny, amazing. Well, congratulations on a successful hush tripe.
Speaker 1: Thank you Ink dot com. You know what to do.
Speaker 3: Hush money, hush many a million, a million. All right, pre gonna get to know you a little bit better in a moment, CAUs we're gonna tell our listeners a couple of the things we're talking about. We're it's back to the art world for us. Yesterday we talked about the Prince Charles portrait, and today we have another portrait of an out of touch billionaire to talk about.
Speaker 1: This one a.
Speaker 3: Maggot out mind baron in Australia who is like, I demand this mean drawing of maybe taken down, take it down at once, So we'll talk about that. We got some helpful context on why someone might ban TikTok from a foreign country. So just you know, we generally pay attention to our zeke I said home, but we thought this is like, you know, helpful. Oh, this is the game. Yeah, that guy'st abroad.
Speaker 1: This time.
Speaker 2: Takes on where this is semester at c Yeah.
Speaker 3: We're gonna take a moment to talk about how John Krasinski is the worst because his new movies come out it's like a little children's children's fun thing, but his whole childwashing like US war crimes. Probably it'll be interesting to see, Like I kind of want to watch it because like A Quiet Place was like, you know, had some weird, insidious, like third level symbolism in there where it was like, are you making a movie about anyhow? You can't even say nothing anymore because things run at you, and like get me.
Speaker 2: Was watching movies with no ability to critique them or understand symbology because I was like, this is fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it was fun.
Speaker 2: Brainwash me, baby, I don't know what's going on. I'm too dumb brainwashed.
Speaker 3: I think it only makes sense if you like look at it in the context of his other films, which I refuse. Yeah, yeah, and I will not be doing that. So that's subject we want to be covering on this episode, and maybe we'll talk about how the falling birth rate is scaring everyone around the world. According to the hypercapitalists at the Wall Street Journal, suddenly there aren't enough babies. The whole world is alarmed.
Speaker 1: Their head is their.
Speaker 2: Headline so funny because they're not very maternal to me. I'm not getting a bit from them. I don't see a whole lot of mothering going on on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: You know, unless unless you work on Wall Street, in which case you read it and you're like, oh mother, we love this.
Speaker 3: Oh mother, Yeah, each other mother. And they're not serving cut.
Speaker 2: They're not serving enough. Cunt on, how much cut did you serve today?
Speaker 3: You're not meeting your court.
Speaker 1: Make the serving cut line go up.
Speaker 2: If the Wolf of Wall Street was about that, then that, like inspirational speech by Matthew McConaughey would have had a totally different vibe.
Speaker 3: That scene is a lot of fun. Matthew McConaughey Wolf of Wall Street scene is yeah, but like incredible from the outside to be like, holy shit, these people are monsters. And I'm sure taken by people who work on Wall Street as like that's life goals.
Speaker 1: Bro. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Anyways, we also have an important decision to make about the new McDonald's mcflurry. You know, we have a tradition on this podcast, like when McDonald's released the Grimace Shake, we were like, well that is clearly grimmace. Come it is purple. It just seems like, like, how is it Grimace based? Like other than yeah? So now they've released a new mcflurry that is Grandma Flavor. I don't yeah, do we even?
Speaker 1: I don't think we do, right, my sordid brain, if if the extension of Grimace led to Grimace come, I cannot go down the path Grandma Flavor?
Speaker 2: Grandma come? Are you not a feminist? Grandmother's coming? Here's some news your grandmother's probably come, and that's how your mom was made.
Speaker 3: I wanted to bring it up because I knew Miles and I weren't brave enough, and I wanted to bring it up because so brave we won't even talk about that we have an official women coming.
Speaker 2: I am so brave you are.
Speaker 3: It's too much. So Miles and I are like David Zaslove who like who was like, all right, guys, if we're going to watch this, we can't look at each other. Well, flea bag is on?
Speaker 1: All right?
Speaker 3: Before we get to any of that, probably would do like to ask our guests, what is something from your search history?
Speaker 2: Okay? If you think I'm gonna get canceled for this, please cut it out. But I just today googled wife beat her other names. I know that we're not supposed to use that name because it's really bad, right right, right awful, But I didn't know what men call tank tops, and I was like, is it just a tank top?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: What is it called? So there's like muscle shirts and other things, but it's pretty fucked up that that was. I couldn't think of the names for it.
Speaker 1: I know that it is wild, how casually that was just sort of like I remember the first time I wanted went telling my mom. I think it was in seventh grade. I was like, Mom, I need to pack of wife beaters and she's like, what are you the immigrants? Literally, So with the fucking time on, I'm like those tank tops and my mom was like oh, she's like why, She's like, you're a child.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm about to buy them and they're going to be a sun beater. Okay, I'm about to go get them free?
Speaker 3: Yeah is there?
Speaker 1: Wait? So what what what is it called? Now?
Speaker 2: Even there's like tank tops, muscle shirts, Let's see.
Speaker 3: What I'll say, undershirt, but undershirt is too vague.
Speaker 2: Some of them just call them beaters. But I'm like, we know what that is.
Speaker 1: You can't. Yeah, yeah, we know what you're affirming.
Speaker 2: Equal equal opportunity. Beater that didn't work.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, I beat all my family members when I wear this, not just I like how there's even like articles about like how did this become the term we used to describe a piece of clothing.
Speaker 2: It's yeah, it's pretty pretty insane.
Speaker 3: I guess the like like John McClain is the I feel like the guy from die Hard, I feel like is the one connotation that might be powerful enough to like if there was like something right in that. But it's amazing there, like how deeply and widely that nickname just took over there. It's like, yeah, now that's what this is called.
Speaker 1: Now full.
Speaker 2: Sorry, so my Google search history is me trying to better myself. What's yours?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I just don't wear them. My My upper body is not developed enough to wear a muscle tea, So I just wear baggy sports shirts now fair enough?
Speaker 3: Yeah, gotta know, you gotta know your bills.
Speaker 2: It shouldn't be a muscle tea. It should be a Torso tea.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there you go, it's a mummy undershirt.
Speaker 2: Miles, give me that Torso tea. What's not?
Speaker 1: I got it? Torso t Yeah, get your potholders out because it's piping hot. Now they're saying like it also came from a street car named Desire is when it.
Speaker 3: Also that's what came picturing in my mind is yeah, what's his name?
Speaker 1: It still hadn't taken hold, but yeah, the shirt was a mark of immigrant status because Kowalski was Polish. Yet the white tank was often linked to poor Italian American men too. Oh and then people called it a daygo tea. Wow, So this thing has always been used to just be like, yeah, man, whatever the fuck the all motherfuckers are wearing? Wow? Wow Wow. Okay, well there you go.
Speaker 3: Let's call it a tank top, eh, tank top? Tank top does seem different to me like undershirt a tank undershirt? Maybe is because a tank top like there's too many loose tanks for that to suffice comp.
Speaker 2: Us Military Industrial Complex hut too many loose tanks, uh of Russia?
Speaker 3: Am I right? What is something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Okay? This is also potentially going to upset people, But okay, I don't like doing having to do them, but I do think sometimes we take chores for granted, because I do think sometimes it's good for us to if you have an email's emails, emails job. I think it's good to like get up and walk around and do something like that you don't have to think about. And so like for me, I like folding laundry because I don't have to think and I'm like, oh, look at all my clothes. They're cute, you know, things like that, or just like cleaning. And then I also think it makes your like apartment nicer, you know, and like that's investing in you and your own happiness and your environment. So I think it's a way of like self care. Does that make sense?
Speaker 1: Where does the offensive part come in? Now?
Speaker 2: Because people have to like do chores, like do more or less chores depending on like what part of the socioeconomic class they're in, right, So it's a privilege. So if I'm like, oh, I love just being like I get to do, people are like, yeah, exactly, more like people do it for their jobs and stuff. So I don't want to be like, oh I love doing chores all the time, but I do, like I do. I am like grateful to get up and walk around and like make my life a little bit better.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like to put the uber eats orders into the oven and then pretend to take them out because I just cooked them for my kids.
Speaker 2: You're in an apron, you're.
Speaker 1: Weighing out on your face. You got to put it down a little bit, goes missus Doubtfire too, where they got the takeout meal and then just plated it and was like, oh, here's the food trail.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, right right right, Oh my god.
Speaker 1: I mean I love it. It's funny. The folding is very like meditative for me because I'm like a very I'm a perfectionist, so I like I like to really like get my text. Like me and my partner Magicy, Like we get an argument.
Speaker 3: I'm like, you're not folding these shirts, Like let me do it because I got my special way to do it. And she's like, what are you wearing when you say that, Miles, I'm wearing.
Speaker 1: A torso te by any chance, because like like like here's I'll fold her underwear. She's like, you don't have to fold my underwroun. I'm like, I liked, like we get arguments to that where it's like it's okay, Like I like the process of like folding every single thing where I get She's like, I know, but you like it too much.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, exactly, like you don't have to wear giving it alive. She's like, you always say you have one on deck, but it means you're just wearing one pair of my underwear on your head. And I'm like, yeah, man, here's the next one. Man, this one's on deck. Now for the next folding.
Speaker 2: What is your So that's your favorite shore jack? What's your favorite shore?
Speaker 3: Miss?
Speaker 1: Alene?
Speaker 3: Like, probably cleaning up after my kids.
Speaker 2: Just oh, that's cute.
Speaker 3: They've so many fucking legos. Just sorting legos is basically one of my main jobs. Breaking boxes down, Like, oh yeah, they come like I spent a lot of time with that.
Speaker 1: Spend a lot of time with that box. Spend a lot of time with that cat.
Speaker 3: Look at you post consumer materials breaking them down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: What's your what's your guys least favorite chores? Okay, my my favorite chore is h folding clothes. My least favorite is dishes.
Speaker 3: Dishes, same, Oh, I actually like dishes. I like cleaning dishes. I do not like making food.
Speaker 6: See that's where I like you're invited over any time. Yea, dishes, that's where it works too, because I like to cook and also go to the store. Her Majesty hates going to the store and cooking, and I'm like to say less, It's like, if you cook these dishes, I'll do whatever the fuck we do.
Speaker 3: Grocery shopping is one of my favorites, one of her most hated chores.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 1: I don't know why it, Like, I think because I still have this thing where, like the first time I did it on my own, I felt like it felt like such an accomplishment, like my Mom's not with me and I'm at the grocery store.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like coasting off of that first moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm still chasing that dragon, that high of being like, yeah, I'm fucking eighteen and I'm buying oreoles that I'll eat for dinner.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I think that still I'll be like, oh, I'm going to I'm driving a taco bell and no one's stopping me.
Speaker 1: The windows.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also I think my early association in adulthood with going grocery shopping, like when Cracked was first starting, Like my wife was in medical school, so she was just like at the hospital all day every day, and I was just like working NonStop and the one thing I left the house to do was go to Walmart in Columbia, Missouri. That is fun and it was like, uh, this is freedom, this is what this is live in.
Speaker 1: Folks keep going to the gun section, so this is good. Yeah, man, we do this every day. Man cool, this one's good, right, this one's good right?
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure.
Speaker 2: I was gonna I have to find this tweet. I know we're gonna plug tweets later, but I feel but I found this tweet where somebody was talking about going to I'm gonna find it in credit that but like somebody was talking about going to a gunfare and testing them based on their mouth feel.
Speaker 3: I saw that. That's in my likes.
Speaker 1: Let me find it.
Speaker 3: Sh gun store for commenting on their mouthfeel one of the great tweets, so much, it.
Speaker 2: Was so good.
Speaker 1: So that was Curtis.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was Amanda exclamation point ashen Heart Metal tweeted being escorted out of a gun show for rating them based on mouthfeel.
Speaker 2: Brilliant, brilliant.
Speaker 1: That is such a good twit.
Speaker 3: Paul, what is something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Okay? I might, No, I don't, Okay, it's not overrated. But like, who the fuck is going to watch the presidential debate this year? I don't even know what's happening with voting, but I don't want to watch. What are they going to debate about? I don't know what they're gonna even.
Speaker 1: Who can remember who they're talking to?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: All right, the first challenge is name the person standing across from you.
Speaker 2: No, first challenge is getting there without falling over. Okay, this is the least. Like I've watched the debates before and I've like commented on them and talked about it, but I'm like, this is gonna be so utterly depressing, and also there's so much other shit going on, and everybody's mad at both of them for very legitimate reasons, like don't nobody don't just put them? You know those that celebrity boxing show that used to be like do that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, do that?
Speaker 2: See if they could get in the ring without falling over.
Speaker 3: Let's see if that works, Oh man, purely stress based experience that will be of just like, yeah, and I hate both of them so much, Yeah for sure, but then like also being stressed out. Every time Joe Biden starts a sentence, it's like, oh fuck, How's how's this one gonna end?
Speaker 1: He doesn't even know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, That's how I feel about my stand up sets. I'm like, there's no fucking way Joe Biden's feeling the same way as me. I start doing proud work, Like who knows where this is gonna go. We're both like I'm definitely gonna bomb today, you know, both of us, Me and Joe.
Speaker 1: Biden, Right, yeah that I don't know what what those debates are gonna look like at all, And I don't know, like they both think they're like, oh yeah, watch this, y'all, You're gonna fucking love this, and I don't know if it's gonna render the results that they think it will.
Speaker 2: I am interested to see how he like approaches Trump because last time he was like all fired up about Malarkey and he was like, oh shut up. And now it's like, will he have that confidence and ability to breathe through talking?
Speaker 1: You know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, he has moments of energy where like this feels like a burst of I was saying this on yesterday's episode, but like this feels like when he was like that's it, I'm going out there, I'm gonna call press conference and answer all their dang questions man, and like he was good for not good, but like he did what he was hoping to do for like twelve minutes and was like and I'm out and then like came back to the stage and was like sundowning. And it's just like, yeah, man, it like doesn't he there's no way to be confident that he's going to be able to like reliably stand up there and not embarrass himself.
Speaker 2: You know that? Uh what do they call it? Like a second like a right? But when people are in like like dying and they're like in a hospital bed and then they get a burst of energy right before they die. Have you heard? I feel like that's this entire term for I'm like, stop getting your hopes up.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, probably for both of them too. They're like we need this, we need each other to stay alive. Just a few moments longer.
Speaker 3: All right, let's uh, let's take a quick break and we'll come back and do some art criticism. We'll be right back and we're back and actually I'm curious to get both of your takes on the portrait of King Charles, Mainly what color do you think it is?
Speaker 2: I people blue, some people said gold.
Speaker 1: We did find out the painter strangled his wife. Yeah, just like did you see that article about the guy, the guy who made the dress like got like charged with something like fort like strangling his wife.
Speaker 2: Or oh the white gold dress.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, episode of sixteenth minute Jamie Loftus's new podcast is going into that story.
Speaker 1: Oh sh yeah, doing the Lord's old Lofty.
Speaker 2: I would murder self defense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. I don't think it was like I don't think it was like a murder, like it didn't end. I think it was just a violent, terrible attack. That's awful.
Speaker 3: But the Prince Charles thing, I believe in the art world, we would call this hue of red ass blood as blood. Yeah, that's what I see.
Speaker 2: I see there is some pink in there.
Speaker 1: That's ass.
Speaker 3: That's ass.
Speaker 1: That's ass too. Oh okay, I see what you're saying. So it's like ass mixed with blood blood ass blood, and it all makes sense. There's a little bit of brown, it all, it all comes together. It is a terrible, terrible rendering. Like I don't know, like I mean, I like it because it actually kind of there's a darkness to it. They yeah, yeah, like sh it's all fucking bloody facade. And I mean that in the British. It's all a bloody facade, isn't it exactly?
Speaker 3: The bloody thing won't work every stinking time with his bloody thing. That's what he did when broke well, he was trying to sign the thing we.
Speaker 2: Know about him since he's gotten into not office but whatever it's.
Speaker 3: Called, is uh taking money's chair.
Speaker 2: Couldn't using the booster seat? Is that he couldn't. He couldn't get the pen to work, and he's sick. And that's it. That's all we've gotten from it. And it's I guess before it was like the comments about his grandson's skin.
Speaker 3: Right yeah, yeah, And when you actually like see the stuff that he writes and like thinks it's pretty amazing, it's where it's worth a look. There's a great New Yorker profile like a couple of years back before the Queen died, where they're like, people are really worried about what's the queen dies because this guy is a capital D dipshit.
Speaker 2: Like do you think he knows what the term nepo baby is? Do you think he's aware of what that terms? He's like bloody, they're calling me a neo baby.
Speaker 3: Bloody calling me nepo. I don't even know what that means.
Speaker 1: I haven't nursed since.
Speaker 3: I was nineteen. Is no nipple baby, I'm a nipple man. Yeah, no, it's nepo.
Speaker 2: Oh I stand by it.
Speaker 3: Yes, we have British accents. They're pronounced the same.
Speaker 1: I am that.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, my son went for a British accent and like my six year old son went for a British accent, and like his school performance yesterday, it was wild. He I mean he kind of pulled it off.
Speaker 1: Oh but fuck it, where's he?
Speaker 3: Where's he getting?
Speaker 1: Like where'd he get his reps?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: What's he watching again?
Speaker 3: They were doing a song from Matilda and everyone was like, my mommy says, I'm a miracle. And then it came to like they were passing the microphone and came to and he was My daddy says, he.
Speaker 1: Like a fucking cocky worker.
Speaker 3: But he's been asking me like what isn't that how they say water?
Speaker 1: Dad?
Speaker 3: And I thought he has a friend whose parents are British, so he like speaks with like a British accent. I thought he was just like doing it that way, but he was really like no pronounced like this wood wood.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm tired of him coming up to you and going hello, pop it hello, Hello Hello.
Speaker 1: That's the only line I think I know from Pirates of the Caribbean. That's what that's from, right, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Hell, he's saying like hello, poppet when he opens the closet and finds what your face?
Speaker 1: That's that says a lot about that movie franchise. I'm like, I think that's the only thing they say in that movie. I thought that first one was a good time at the films.
Speaker 2: Shanghai, Disney. Pirates of the Caribbean ride the best fucking ride. They're incredible. They've completely done it in a different way. And then we also went to like a stunt show that was not many stunts, but the ride was amazing.
Speaker 1: So like a Pirates of the Wait, what's so different about the Pirates of the Caribbean.
Speaker 2: Right, you feel like you're in the movie they have like I don't want to give a ton away, but there's like there's giant ships and you're in a boat and like you like the projected faces and fights and ever it's just insane.
Speaker 1: Oh, because like, yeah, and the American ones, like the size of the pirate ships leave a little bit, you know.
Speaker 2: To know this is like I'm in the movie and they're fighting in front of me, and I'm feeling like like I can see them above me and stuff.
Speaker 7: It's right, you gotta break down the boxes legs.
Speaker 3: Or legos, isn't it?
Speaker 1: What the fuck? What happened to you? Harry Caine? And it mate?
Speaker 3: You're six all right? But speaking of accents that kind of sound British, there's a there's an Australia. Australia's richest woman, Gina Ryan Hart made her money fucking the earth via a mining company, a many mining cause she's a mining company maker is actually technically yes, well mining company. Yeah, And now we know who she is because of a portrait portrait.
Speaker 1: I think Australians are probably familiar with gena Ryan Hartigang because he's Australia's richest human being. But this is the thing. Art is such a wonderful thing because it allows us to express ourselves in multitude of ways that go beyond our spoken word. And it's also a really effective way to piss off these thin skinned billionaires because yes, like you said, she's you know, she's made billions just extracting shit from the earth and destroying nature and things like that, and you know, funding climate denial, just the usual things you would do as someone who is running a mining company. But she's big mad that a First Nations artist has painted her as part of a series he made to emphasize the powerful and influential people that have affected Australia, both positively and negatively. And she is really mad that her satirical portrait is up in a gallery that she gives money to, and has approached the galleries director not just by herself personally and directly also through her company's intermediaries to have the fucking thing taken down. Yeah, I've put the picture there for everyone to see.
Speaker 2: It looks like that botched restoration of the Jesus Fresco.
Speaker 3: Oh it does, but it's all smudged and it looked like a sloth or whatever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she does not like this picture at all. That was painted by Vincent Namatjira. And again she takes issue. I guess she didn't say specifically. People are pointing out it's like maybe it's the double chin that seems to be at odds here, and she said that by not you know, the gallery, by for them to not acknowledge her wishes.
Speaker 8: Is quote doing the bidding of the Chinese Communist Party, thank you, by showing her in an unflattering light. It's like, what the fuck are you talking about again? Like you said up top, huge mag huge magafan, like it was there like when Trump kicked off his like campaign and shit, but yeah, like it's I think it's important to hear, like what the the artist Vincent Namajira said, quote, People don't have to like my paintings, but I hope they take the time to look and think, why has this aboriginal bloke painted these powerful people?
Speaker 1: What? What is he trying to say? Some people might not like it, other people might find it funny, but I hope people look beneath the surface and see the serious.
Speaker 2: Side to what is he trying to say?
Speaker 3: Ug l y because you're so ugly? Yeah, that's that's where that's at.
Speaker 1: But I just love she's even like apparently she funds a lot of like swimming, like elite swimmers, and even swimmers have come out who are I guess, like on the dole or you know, who are beneficiaries of her money and or like they should really take the painting down, like.
Speaker 3: She's like leaning on everyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah she doesn't look like that.
Speaker 2: Guys, my alarm clock didn't go off this morning. It was doing the bidding of the Chinese Communist Party. I don't know why. I just love that as an excuse for everything.
Speaker 1: It's so weird, it's just so well, just one of those things that it's clearly built for, like an audience who's just used to hearing the phrase Chinese concret. Yeah, bad, bad.
Speaker 3: I don't know what. I don't know what they mean. I don't know if it even has any relevance contextually. But you don't want to be doing the bidding.
Speaker 1: Of the Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 3: But this should be the primary thing that people are using art for at this point, like it's maybe the biggest problem facing our world, Like obviously climate change in war are the big obvious problems facing our world, but those might mainly exist at this point because billionaires exist and you know, control so much. So it feels like this should just be all art is doing is fucking ridiculing and humiliating these fucking people until they like don't feel comfortable showing their face in public, or are are willing to accept that everybody's going to fucking hate them until things change. But instead it feels like because they're able to exert their influence with their billions of dollars, that it's not what we get usually. So this is I feel like important, Like I'm I'm glad that this person made this hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah for so long too. Like the most powerful people in our world are actually like pretty obscure characters that we don't really have trouble defining. Like if you said Darren Woods, people will be like, is that like a DJ or something like, No, that's this that's the CEO of Exxon Mobile, you know what I mean? Or like, who is what about Gregory J. Hayes?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Is he a fucking retired baseball player? No, he's the CEO of fucking Raytheon.
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: You know like really yeah, yeah, Willie Mays Hayes, greg Like this person sounds pretty alright to me.
Speaker 3: It seems cool. Hey Gregy J.
Speaker 1: Hayes. No, he runs fucking Raytheon. But I mean, like, yeah, this having more. I mean I think obviously the like this is one part of it. But you can tell there's one thing that people that you know, build their entire empires of pain off of exploiting people and like death. They they really hate when people go. And that person is the one that makes all the decisions over there, because for a while it just wasn't part of like, you know, our consciousness to really be like to be able to properly define who we're trying to put pressure on. But yeah, we'll see. I mean, i'd imagine these other people just be like, yeah, we'll just we'll just have them. We'll just sue them out into oblivion or something.
Speaker 2: But this is why I love when people like yell at celebrities and politicians in public when they're having dinner. I'm like, they shouldn't fucking.
Speaker 1: Rest in public.
Speaker 2: Keep doing this. I get like a rush of endorphins every time I see someone like actually be told no, you suck, because you know, those people are not getting that any any other capacity. Like everything around them is like, it's good that you're bobbing children.
Speaker 3: Keep going, we leave politics out of this. I'm trying to have dinner right now. Can we leave.
Speaker 1: Politics out of thing?
Speaker 3: That where I'm changing how you're able to practice bodily autonomy via politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well they're just trying to look there's just trying to have a stake like everybody else, while you know, being the cause of all of the world's ills.
Speaker 3: So yeah, I don't think you guys deserve.
Speaker 1: To have a bit of peace when you eat either. But yeah, anyway made Yeah, long made the satirical portrait like long Mate Live and last in that gallery. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I do think that this is great for celebrities to have this happen, But I don't think my self confidence could withstand a caricature at an amusement park or anything like that. I always walk past it. I'm like, this would be fun, and then I'd be like, bitch, you would be crying like after.
Speaker 1: I'm always surprised. You see those videos too. I see him on the internet all the time where someone's like you know, yeah, and then like all of you are like even putting on like a good face about it. I feel I'll be like my.
Speaker 3: Ears, just like fighting them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I start like flipping.
Speaker 2: Their That happened to Kendrick. He would drop another disk track, you know what I mean. So like Jimmy in Central Park, would be fucked up.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and it wouldn't be in that moment, like maybe a week later explained to be jumped and then yeah, like fucking watch it. Watch that band, homie, But yeah, do Darren Woods next, Kendrick do Darren Woods the Exxon Mobile. Where I think their current strategy is to is to sue investors to get them.
Speaker 3: To shut up about climate change. All right, let's take a quick break and we'll be right back. And we're back, And I feel like this is helpful context on why we might be facing a TikTok band in the near future. So France has declared a state of emergency in New Caledonia, the Pacific Islands territory that it colonized in the nineteenth century and still refuses to allow. They let vote happen on independence during the pandemic at a time when the people of Caldonga were asking for it to be delayed. They were like, nope, and vote's done.
Speaker 1: We won. You guys apparently fucking love our shit.
Speaker 3: So they and then they change the rules so that anybody who moved there in the last ten years can still vote in elections, which will make it possible for it will basically dilute the vote of people, you know, the indigenous population on the island, and so there's a lot of unrest around that. The French are deploying the French army to quell protests that oppose the new rule, and they're also banning TikTok on the island.
Speaker 1: I think they're The version they're saying is like, well, it's because it's like, it's just they're they're making people, it's making people violent, and it's and it's like a lot of hatred and and I'm sure that's true if you're looking on like the press or colonizer end of it. But I wonder too, because it's such an easy way to disseminate video or distribute video and have people see what's happening exactly pretty clearly. Maybe that could be I don't know, that's that's just a hunch. Or maybe they're just doing the bidding of the Chinese Communist Party. I don't Yeah, they're.
Speaker 2: Probably doing the bidding of the Chinese Communist Party. I think it's funny that they're like, no, these people are French, which means we can easily quell their protesting. Have you seen French programs right right, yeah, there French, your fucked frand yeah, and they're not.
Speaker 1: I mean that's the whole thing. It's a colony. And like for these people, they're like we should have the ability to have, you know, self determination. Maybe that's a thing, but yeah, it seems like every time, you know, I think the last time there was a vote on a referendum that Kannak people, the indigenous population, there was like we need time to like culturally, like there needs to be a moment for us to be able to grieve the people that have died in COVID, Like, do not set this vote for this time because it's it just sort of it runs a foul of like what our own traditions are and like we're doing it anyway. And when those people boycotted it and there was only forty percent turnout, you know, mccron was like, you see that, everybody loves it.
Speaker 3: Everybody loves French. So there's your answer, there's your answer, and there of TikTok, but yeah, it's it's it's very wide. And also nickel reserves too. There's a lot of nickel there, which yeah.
Speaker 2: That's always the reason always I love old Caledonia. You know what I mean, where they have to be themselves.
Speaker 3: That's right, those are the days guessing.
Speaker 2: I don't know anything.
Speaker 3: All right, let's talk John Krasinski, you know I refuse. All right, never mind, let's not talk.
Speaker 2: So bad we're like bad news, right. Didn't you do the good news?
Speaker 1: Yep? And then like flogged it for I think millions, didn't it?
Speaker 3: Like right, it for like one hundred million dollars and then you know, during the streaming boom, and then I don't think anything ever happened with guys.
Speaker 2: What about happy? Have you thought about that?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: But what if we tried to be happy? I don't know, just the thought during the pact.
Speaker 2: Direct competition to TDC.
Speaker 1: I know. That's why that's the main reason we're mad over here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it was during the pandemic. But I do see something that is named similarly, like popping up on Instagram sometimes. So I wonder if they just like turn it into a social media thing or right, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think because he sold it to Viacom or something right after it was like surprisingly little time, they're like.
Speaker 3: Yea, yeah, yeah, yeah, we'll buy that, We'll buy that we'll buy that. It was like a YouTube video, that YouTube channel that had like five videos and they're like one hundred million? Will that do for the media?
Speaker 1: Wait?
Speaker 3: Do you know? Was that was that?
Speaker 1: The final SELP was one hundred million? Let me say good news? Yeah, I can't I can't find a number. Wow, it must be a lot for Everything's like it was a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like that was my good news.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well good news for me rich. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just flipped that thing. I did just to kind of because I was bored in the panda.
Speaker 3: Yeah, anyway, it's got to be somewhere, what the fuck anyways. Yeah, So, in addition to giving people the brilliant idea of like just look at happy stuff, what the fuck? Like, just let's just be happy. I'm rich. Why would you guys be sad I'm rich, the big new movie hitting theaters this weekend is If, which feels like the closest thing he's done to the good News thing, where because the good News thing was all like I'm just like a fun dad and like this is our family and we're just at home and being like yeah, and so this one is like a whimsical children's film about Imaginary Friends. That's what the IF stands for, like imaginary Friends, and the trailer like mentions that like it's clever, it's the movie looks like shit to me. It's expected to make like between thirty five to forty five million dollars this weekend. It's getting bad reviews, which I was relieved by because I don't know, just looking back on his choices that he's made throughout his career, it's hard not to come to the conclusion that his whole career was some kind of like Cia siop, Like his first one of the Imaginary Friends is just Ronald Reagan. Yeah, is Alie North. You're like what, Yeah, so he's just like the affable, you know, Jim from the office. And then his first like big non office role was Jack Silva in Michael Bay's ben Ghazi movie Thirteen Hours, right, right, yeah, the ben Ghazi movie.
Speaker 1: Like just and then when they're like, isn't that a little political, Chris, He's like, no, yeah, you being you saying it's political.
Speaker 3: It is the only thing that's political about it. This is just about people, just about some soldiers doing their doing their duty.
Speaker 1: And it's a right wing talking point to you know, just discredit Hillary Clinton.
Speaker 3: I don't know, man, It's got nothing to with politics. Man, just came out an election here, who knows, who knows?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was, you know, the main rallying point that people knew about against Hillary Clinton heading into the election, and they made a big budget Hollywood movie about it. The movie's publicity push included sponsored content from the National Reviews publisher, a TV ad that aired on Fox News after Obama State of the Union address. There was like some of the content, an exclusive interview with the film's lead John Krasinski for the conservative townhall dot com hellya, hell yeah, hell yah. And it premiered not in a movie theater, but at the Dallas Cowboys Stadium, along with a performance from patriotic rock band Madison Rising Jesus Christ by name.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh Madison Rising. I know were from Utah.
Speaker 3: I know Lever Tiktoks, a band that later saying about how Obama was the anti Christ and released a song deploring left wing violence the day after Charlottesville.
Speaker 1: They were like, they're political political.
Speaker 3: We just know our audience.
Speaker 1: We just know our audience. That's really what it is. That's all it is.
Speaker 2: That's just I'm so tired of white guys, just like coasting on silence. I'm so tired.
Speaker 3: Right, we're good.
Speaker 1: This is like the same route, you know, Chris Pratt took, you know, like lovable Andy on parks and rec and then slowly it was like, I'm Christian and I love not acknowledging my wife.
Speaker 2: That's actually what Chris stands for Christian Pratt, did you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I didn't know that. Lover of Christ.
Speaker 3: Isn't that what christian?
Speaker 2: Also what Krasinski, it's Christian Ski.
Speaker 1: Yes, Christian ski dot com. Yeah, where Christians go to find out the best ski.
Speaker 2: Spots exactly.
Speaker 3: For only Christians. If you're saying, yeah, right, no, I don't know any other religions, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: I saw Hindu take this ski lift the other day.
Speaker 1: It really fucked me up, gross, you know about snow huh?
Speaker 3: And like so just this this seems to be as basically he's like this portrays himself as lovable, a political nice guy who routinely takes jobs in blatant right wing propaganda. And then there's like the more subtle stuff that we'll also talk about, like the good news coming at a time where like things were very politically heated, and he's like, guys, just what about this? This is just fun. It's just like fun stuff that we can all just agree to kind of laugh about and forget about the world's troubles.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you know, but he John Kinsinski actually played the Pepsi can in the Kendall Jenner Pepsi Can commercial Where.
Speaker 1: She Can that's work. He disappears into that role. Yeah.
Speaker 2: He was all about bringing the cops together with very rich white people.
Speaker 3: He also designed the thin blue line logo. Oh wow.
Speaker 2: He voices it in the new movie. He voices the thin blue lines.
Speaker 3: Friends, the thin blue line? What is it?
Speaker 1: Thin blue?
Speaker 2: I'm just hate when people say I'm political.
Speaker 1: But anyway, those guys were asking for it. The cops are just doing their jobs keep the streets safe.
Speaker 2: What do you know that The Daily Wire is about to take this whole bit and make it into a movie that bombs at the box somehow.
Speaker 3: Yeh, yeah Blue.
Speaker 1: They're just going to do copaganda where Blue is just a cop or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah Blue. So after thirteen hours, he landed a job playing Jack, another conservative hero named Jack Ryan.
Speaker 2: Go ahead, wait, sorry, can we go back to that quote where on thirteen Hours he was saying, the truth is we should all be proud out of these guys. And the moment you politicize it, the more you're moving to us toward a world that I don't want to be living in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a world where.
Speaker 2: People want to score political points at all costs. I'm sorry, but that is such a white American thing to be, like people should be proud of the military. That's not how the fuck people actually feel. Like the fact that we have to sit there and like applaud them, no, like I'm brown, Like these bitches are killing my cousins, Like what are you talking about that?
Speaker 1: No, the second we vilify them and create more consciousness around what these people actually do, that's just not a world I want to live in.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, equitable, No, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: It's crazy to take for granted that people would revere people who kill other people. And I'm not saying everybody in the military does or that we know what they do. But like I'm and also I'm not saying I understand how people get into the military. I know there's like a number of different reasons that people do it or have to do it or feel obligated to do it, That's what I'm talking about. But to assume that we all have to stand up and applaud them and be proud and proud of it is like such a white American male like view, like it's crazy.
Speaker 3: Well if you don't do that, I'm gonna just fucking kill myself. Basically how the.
Speaker 2: Quote is comes up when news it's a suicide note.
Speaker 3: That's just I don't want to live in that world. If you or like if you don't like like military.
Speaker 1: Movie, like what, I'll just go forever due you want, because honestly, like you're just doing the bidding of the Chinese Communist Party.
Speaker 3: Thank you. So next he takes a the role of Jack Ryan in a CIA commercial Amazon Jack Ryan Tom Clancy show that like if you need any proof that this show was just a CIA commercial, Like there's so many interviews. In one interview, he said the CIA is something that we should all not only cherish but be saying thank you everything, and then bragged that he totally nerded when he got to visit the CIA. I love people being like I'm just a big old geek for the CIA.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I know, guys, I know it's lame.
Speaker 3: I just I don't know, there's something about me and call me a dork, but I like to just like imagine the CIA like finding cool ways to murder left wing politicians in South central Ay.
Speaker 2: And overthrow of the regime. You know, I just about it.
Speaker 1: My wife is such a nerdy spying on your own people, Like, it's just I just like to nerd out on stuff like that. That's just like so cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been watching a lot of really terrible reality show and I'm not going to say on which streaming service, but it's not It's like it's not it's not a streaming service known for academia, you know what I mean. I know, but I just it's one of the streaming services that has content that allows me to be as meditative as Miles is when folding laundry. And I have been getting so many army recruiting ads on this streaming service, and I'm like, they're they're trying to recruit dumb asses. They're trying to recruit me, Like they're trying to recruit dumb people who like are watching these like not hard to think about shows and like the people in the ads are also like barely able to read the lines, like it is crazy wow. How I'm like, this is like watching how the propaganda works is like wild.
Speaker 1: I've noticed too, they've definitely upped the ante with how action movie ish like the ads have become, because before used to see dudes like not shooting guns, but like walking around. They're like, oh, man, put your night vision on. Man, it's like the video game. Now there's like full on gun battles that like I'm seeing and I'm like whoa wow.
Speaker 2: And they're also making them like diversity higher things. They're like, let's put all the people of color in the tokens up front, and then we'll feel good about killing all the other people.
Speaker 3: You know. I'm so glad you brought that up because John Krazinski also brought up that the CIA is a very diverse, fun place that and this is amazing. I like, this is a new level that I feel like couldn't have possibly come from his brain, Like it has to have come from like a CIA talking point. The CIA, he claimed, is totally a political there's no politics being discussed.
Speaker 2: You're discussing because you're just doing the bidding of the Chinese Communist part you're not even talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no politics involved because everyone's on the same page American imperialism.
Speaker 3: It's like yeah, yeah, yeah, how do we protect this?
Speaker 1: How do we yere? Like, Okay, the.
Speaker 3: CIA doesn't choose, doesn't pick sides, they don't have.
Speaker 2: A You can't say it's diverse and then be like there's no diversity of thought, no discussions being.
Speaker 1: Had, right was like with someone there being like, what if we don't, you know, launch a coup against Guatemala? How about like was there anyone there on that, like on that side of the argument that the CIA in the fifties or like no.
Speaker 3: As for the content of the show, the show's Muslim characters consisted of quote desperate refugees and irrational evildoers, terrorists, rapist terrorists, child molestered.
Speaker 1: Terrorists, and child terrorists.
Speaker 3: That was season one of The Jack Ryan Show and season two was all about like a CIA backed regime change in Venezuela, and it was it came out like at a time that the Trump administration was discussing that it was some people were like, is this just like a are they floating this like weather ballooning the invasion to see like how it does on on this Amazon Prime series.
Speaker 2: It's like Law and Order SVU, like covering like real things in the real world, but it's like they're just dropping propaganda, like right, right, let's focus group test this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see we're at with this.
Speaker 3: There's a disclaimer at the end of each episode saying the CIA has not approved or endorsed the show, which is like just a lie. They had to like film at the actual CIA headquarters and to do that, they had to submit their scripts for approval. Wait really, yeah, so they just like, first of all, it's wild to even have to be like, yeah, and by the way, guys, this was not made by the CIA.
Speaker 2: Right, So I'm going to start saying that too at the end of everything I say.
Speaker 3: It turns out when that is said, it usually means it was made by the CIA because they had to submit their scripts for approval by you guessed at the CIA.
Speaker 2: What is that? What is that like very online Twitter thing that's like I'm getting a lot of questions that should be answered by my I'm not a something shirt, like I'm not a pedophile shirt?
Speaker 1: Right right? Right? Yeah, well, yeah, yeah, there's so many twitterisms like that. The thing that also reveals it is this guy's like, yeah, man, when they embraced me at the fucking headquarters. Yeah, like that they have nothing to do with it. Again, Yeah, you're shooting at Langley. Okay, that's he was not shooting. He was nerding out at Langley, just being a big old geek, and they let him shoot the heart attack gun at a antiph.
Speaker 2: What's the heart attack gun?
Speaker 3: Oh, you gotta nerd out on it.
Speaker 1: You gotta nerd out on it.
Speaker 3: The CIA like revealed I think it was in the seventies only once that there's this like battery powered gun that shot a pellet of ice with neurotoxin frozen inside of it. It would go into your skin and then melt and you would die of what appeared to be a heart attack.
Speaker 2: Wait, it's insane to me that like these superhero movies are a propaganda for the military dogments when all of the villains are from the military, into are like they would be you know what I mean, Like theo's the only people with the money and the resources to make a heart attack gun like that is crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's straight up Michael Clayton.
Speaker 1: Shit, that's wild.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I mean all of this political baggage is probably why some critics saw a Quiet Place of the right wing allegory in which the silent white majority aren't allowed to speak and are threatened by the dark others, which he was like, guys, my cia movie isn't even political. You think this one's political? Come on? But also he's a thief. A Quiet Place was suspiciously similar to a book called The Silence, which was later adapted by Netflix, and this if movie has almost the exact same premise as the two thousand and four cartoon Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends.
Speaker 2: I love Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends. I thought about that immediately. I love that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it? Well? Should I watch that instead of this? Jonkersinski?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, you got to watch It's got Ryan what's his name? Reynolds?
Speaker 1: One of the rights, got Ryan's got Ryan? What's his name? Got Ryan? W What is your name?
Speaker 3: Got?
Speaker 1: Watched this one?
Speaker 2: That's a good woman, man, fa No, watch Foster's Home. Your kids will love it. It's the best.
Speaker 3: Oh look this, This motherfucker looks like Grimace. Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah wow.
Speaker 1: It is Ryan Reynolds and.
Speaker 3: They jack him off into a uh into a milkshake cup.
Speaker 2: Oh sorry, Yeah, he doesn't like when you talk about Grimace getting jacked off? Can you fast off that that's a trigger for him.
Speaker 3: That's my bad. I should have known. Paula y what a pleasure having you on the daily zeitgeist as always? Where can people find you? Follow you all that good stuff?
Speaker 2: I am at Paula Viganalan everywhere. P A l l A v I g U n A l A and I have the Facial Recognition comedy show at the Comedy Store on the twenty first, Like I said, yeah, I think that's what I have coming up. I'm gonna be all over l A doing shows and things, so please keep an eye out for that. I'm also part of South Asian af's super Team. It's South Asian AF is a variety show and it features all South Asian people and it's at the Allegian Monthly. Our next show is May thirty first at eight pm and we usually sell out, so we all should get your tickets. But I'm part of their improv to you so.
Speaker 3: Amazing up there you go. Is there a work of media that you've been enjoying?
Speaker 2: So I already shared that joke earlier, which was my favorite from recently. But I'm sure you guys might have heard of this whole, like Hendrick Lamar, Drake be I don't know if you guys have heard of it.
Speaker 1: Maybe go on, I've heard of Drake.
Speaker 2: Okay, well you're like Draco No, I just love.
Speaker 1: Oh no is he?
Speaker 2: Yeah? His name is Kendall Roy his rap name. Actually, I just love seeing all the tweets about it. The one that I saw like yesterday was like a Swiftie was quoting like what are the first five words of the national anthem? And that sorry that got quote tweeted by someone that's like I see dead people. I went viral. I just love. I loved all of the BBL drizzy like everything. Yeah, I just let's keep it up with that.
Speaker 1: There was all the it's just so funny too to see like the Drake fans and Kendrick fans like post videos like look they're playing it here and no one's dancing, nobody fucks with Kendrick. And other times you were like I'm in a spin class and they just played they just played BBL drizzy in my spin class, and there's yeah.
Speaker 3: It's over those folks. Just it's the best.
Speaker 1: It's okay, it's the dust is settling now, there's still so many people that are going down fucking rabbit holes that it's a little bit like, look, I don't think there's much more to investigate.
Speaker 2: Somebody, you made us a Spotify playlist of every song they dissed each other in from like twenty twelve onwards or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild how much this has given content creators. Like you're seeing people who never talked about rap be like I'm I'm going to react to the Kendrick Lamar disc track.
Speaker 3: You're like, what the fuck is this?
Speaker 1: And it's got like two hundred views.
Speaker 2: It's wild. I had to talk about it because I've been gone and like Jackie and I were talking where we were just like listening to all of them together on a trip and we didn't have like people at the person to be like holy shit. So that's what I'm talking about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was in Miami when like everything started going down. I was having these lock eyes with random people in the street just to hope. You're like, did you.
Speaker 2: Want to talk about the do you want to talk about it?
Speaker 3: No, miles, where can people find us their work media. You've been enjoying great questions.
Speaker 1: Find me at Miles of Gray, g r a y Twitter, Instagram threads, TikTok, wherever find Jack and I on our basketball podcast Miles and Jack I Mad Boosties, where we were talking about the very dynamic NBA playoffs. I was a sucker and thought maybe the Nuggets were gonna lay down.
Speaker 3: Diepoo fast idiot.
Speaker 1: And also I find me talking ninety D fiance on four to twenty day Fiance with Sophia Alexandra. A couple of treats I like first one and Jack, You're gonna like this. This is a picture of our boy Chet at his post game. A lot of people have been posting this picture of Chet Holmgren at a post game saying what he looks like? This one is funny because it says it's him. He's wearing a pink shirt and glasses. Said if Abe Lincoln was a coke dealer at the University of Miami, this is the wildest description of Chet. And then one other one that I like, It said what radicalized you? And it's I love this girl and I'm just gonna play this video of this girl. Who's you?
Speaker 2: Know, Radicalized reminds me a lot of Jack's kid.
Speaker 3: Yeah at Gritty twenty twenty.
Speaker 1: Then the number two girls.
Speaker 9: Watched your shoppend, So he's a nice scream by Simmy just to scream too. The bloody nine pounds for the course, Yeah, now quick, that is gonna get no red one okay or two pounds that's gonna get that and you only bloody car stooping the cash.
Speaker 2: Look, yeah that's well.
Speaker 9: But yeah stood there with me, Cat.
Speaker 2: That's how your kid's been hanging out with Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, it's a joke.
Speaker 3: Ting tweet, I've been enjoying ellery Smith tweeted engagement photo shoots are so funny as a concept, like girl, we Believed you. You can find me on Twitter at Jack Underscore Obrian. You can find us on Twitter at Daily Zeitgeist. Where at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram. We have Facebook fan page on a website Days dot com where we post our episodes under our footnote link off to the information that we talked about in today's episode. Well it is the song that we think you might enjoy. Well, what song do you think people might enjoy it?
Speaker 1: This is a coincidence our esteemed guests just got back from Japan and many other places, and I was listening to this track from this Belgian Japanese group. They're called Iui Ai l I and this track is called Takoyaki. And for people who know the familiar, it's like a octopus tentacle, uh like Dobo and but the lyrics are talking about like like your talk. It's just like sort of like this pigeon Japanese like lyrics that are going on. But it's got this cool like sort of eighties ish like art rock Field. Anyway, this is Takoyaki by I E le A I l I. Check it out. It's a fun track and take that to your weekend.
Speaker 3: Take that to your weekend, take it take that week all right. That is gonna do it for us this week. Bye Poppy, Google, well that fairly well well bit.
Speaker 1: The Daily Zeitgeist production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 3: For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple podcast, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows. That is going to do it for us this week. We are back on Monday morning to tell you what was trending over the weekend, so tune in. Then we'll also have the best of this week on the weekly Zeitgeist.
Speaker 1: Have a great weekend, everybody. We'll talk to you out Monday.
Speaker 3: Bye bye bye