Speaker 1: Hey, everyone, welcome back to another episode of fut Around and find Out. I'm here with my girl as Shaunte. Hey, hey, I'm excited. There's so much to talk about, so let's get right into it.
Speaker 2: Let's get to it. Oh man, let me tell you.
Speaker 3: Calise has been blowing my phone up about you.
Speaker 2: What freaking happened? She called me.
Speaker 3: She called me when she was streaming or whatever. She told me something about five dollars. I was like, girl, what are you talking about?
Speaker 1: When she starts to get in one of those modes, you can't even understand what she's saying, Like her voice is so high, she's talking so bad, she's yelling. It's like, Caalse, just calm down. So she had texted me and she said something like first she just texted me and I responded and she was like, can I please have five dollars? I really want Insomnia cookies. I said no, and then Kayleie texted me a few minutes later and was like, hey, fudd I'm trying to order DoorDash. I'm short on money and everyone's sleeping, like, can you send me ten dollars? Obviously I know it's a setup, like Kally has money everyone's awake, it's not late. Everyone stays up late. But I'm like, okay, I'll feed into this. So I sent her ten dollars right away, and I'm like, of course, like I hope you get something good.
Speaker 2: I miss you.
Speaker 3: Coolie crashed out and then they called me on group group face time, screaming, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have not heard the end of it. I was like, girl, maybe she didn't want you to eat something.
Speaker 4: Bad, like know what I said? Oh okay, Well, it's like, you don't need cookies. You don't need more cookies. You didn't those seares, some spinach, some cottage cheese.
Speaker 3: Oh lord, the day I would pay to see that we need to have.
Speaker 1: I actually made her cottage cheese eggs without her knowing, and she liked them. And then once I told her they were cottage cheese, she was like, they're okay, but before she loved them, so.
Speaker 3: It's just in her mind at this point it is, Yeah, the heremony should be fine.
Speaker 2: We'll work on that's fact time will tell. Okay.
Speaker 3: So I know last pod we talked about you love to save, you don't like spending money, but I did hear you did a little bit of shopping what did we get?
Speaker 1: Wait, I don't want to say what I got. It's gonna make me sound really bougie when I promise I'm not. You can treat yourself once, and that's exactly what it was. I didn't spend any of my Prettium money on my Prettium card the last two years, so that's what this was.
Speaker 2: None.
Speaker 1: None, So I had a lot of money on there. We went to the mall and I was like, I really want a bracelet, like now that you know I'm a big girl, Like, I really want to get into the accessories and I've been eyeing this one David Yurman bracelet. But then when I went in and they had a couple of other cute ones. So I was like, you know what, I'm going to treat myself the two. I've earned it at least going to tell myself I earned it. So I treated myself the two David German bracelets. And it's an investment, right, quality, brand, quality, you know, So it's the last rest of my life exactly.
Speaker 3: I think you can say you earned it because you saved all your money, you saved you touch it for two years, Like, girl, you need to need to do some baking.
Speaker 2: It won't be my accountant.
Speaker 3: Because how you saving money like this? But yeah, okay, cute. So two bracelets. I know they definitely had some pink in it, but no, actually silver who with a little bit of gold? Mixed metal?
Speaker 2: Whoa not miss mixed metal? I know it's big for me. That is huge.
Speaker 3: If y'all don't know this girl, no go ever is always silver, silver down, and then now she's mixing metals.
Speaker 2: Okay, we're dabbling, We're dabbling. I love it. I love it. Okay.
Speaker 3: I also saw there was a TikTok with you paid Zaza and you guys were doing like, you know, kind of like a voiceover thing.
Speaker 2: Because Arique is coming back. Has she come back? No, she's not back yet. Oh when did she get here? Here? Where did she get to Dallas? I don't know. Are you excited to be playing with her? I am.
Speaker 1: I'm excited for She's not back, Jessic Shepherd's not back yet, so I'm excited.
Speaker 2: I don't know when.
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously it'll be soon. I don't know the exact day, though, but I can't wait. So I know that they're a big part of this team. Well, I remember a throwback picture of you two.
Speaker 3: I don't know where it was, but you were wearing I think you do you know this picture I'm talking about?
Speaker 2: I think, please explain it.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you guys were like on a carpet, maybe at the s p's.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it was. It was the ale, you know what I'm.
Speaker 3: Talking about, the old photo. Wait, describe the photo. We'll have to find it.
Speaker 1: So we were at the Spies. We were on the red carp at the SPU. So this is like you're walking in taking pictures, mingling. Then you go into the Spies. I had on this short black dress, I don't know, hot pink heels or something. I'm like a couple months out of surgery, like ACL surgery. There's a picture of me like knocked out on the bed before we go to the sb's like napping with like ice on my knee. Crazy Anyways, obviously a fan of Rique who isn't but she thinks she on a red jumper like jumpsuit or pantsuit or whatever it's called. My mom is like, oh, take a picture. You ask for a picture. I'm like, no, I'm nervous. I ended up asking it for the picture, but yeah, a crazy throwback. And to think we're now we're gonna.
Speaker 3: Be teammates exactly, that's insane. That is that's awesome. Y'are gonna have to run that picture back.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah with much better elephants. You got this. Listen, we're all young. It's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, okay, So I'm gonna pivot a little bit because I didn't know this, but I recently found out there are some heavy DMV ties down in Texas.
Speaker 2: So so one, you know, you were the first DC native to.
Speaker 3: Go number one in the draft, like ever, so boom already lit.
Speaker 2: Now yeah you'representing, you're putting on too.
Speaker 3: Greg bib who's the team president, has like Arlington's eyes.
Speaker 2: Did you know this? I did? Well.
Speaker 1: I didn't know this prior, but since talking to him, I he told me. And that's like what a small world.
Speaker 3: Facts out of Allington, Virginia to Arlington, Texas. Crazy facts. Jasmine Thomas player rep is also from the d m B. She is like crazy.
Speaker 1: I remember going to I don't like vividly remember, but I remember going to some of her high school games growing up.
Speaker 2: So that's really cool with Jasmine Thomas.
Speaker 3: Like once upon a time, you go into her games and now she's your player rep.
Speaker 2: Okay, and she's amazing. She's the best.
Speaker 3: I mean right now, people from if you have a good reputation going on. And then lastly Lindsay Allen potential teammate.
Speaker 1: Also, yeah, she went to Saint John, the same high school that I went to, so I also went to her games and like knew her dad or dad was on staff at Saint John. So it's just like it's just crazy, like what are the odds of that? Basketball is such a small world, it's insane. And then it just goes to show you how how incredible the DMB area is.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, I definitely represent down in Texas. Okay, more about Texas, More about Dallas. I know you've only been there a couple a couple barely two.
Speaker 2: Weeks, right facts, barely.
Speaker 3: In your barely baby two weeks. What could you say is different compared to college.
Speaker 1: Let me go through my every day first of all, living alone. It's very quiet here, and I'm like, okay, like when is Kalis or KK or Sarah or Kiley or anyone gonna like BArch in my door and keep me up all night? Never because they're not here, and the sun just started showing itself. It was pretty gray. I brought the Connecticut gray with me. It's like I haven't been outside and then days are like long and tiring. So I get home like I'm I haven't napped yet, but I'm just feel I'm like too tired to move.
Speaker 2: I'm stuck. So I'm like, well, what do I do with my day? You know?
Speaker 1: Anyways, there's that I would say workout or practice. It is like similar concept, Like they're intense, they're hard. Obviously there's differences, but like basketball is basketball are trainers, there's multiple trainers. We have multiple athletic trainers. That is probably one of my favorite things so far. I've been in the training room post practice for like over an hour every day, getting treatment, recovering, doing whatever I need. So that's been the coolest thing. The food is incredible, and there's so many things I haven't really Like I said, I haven't done many things yet. But even just like on the drive to the restaurant I went to the other day, we passed like ten strip malls. I'm like, I don't really see any of these in Connecticut. Like look at Page was like what are you looking at out the window? I'm like, we just past five hundred different stores. I haven't seen any of these stores in like literally years. Like I didn't even know Chili still existed.
Speaker 2: Now you're killing me.
Speaker 3: It's like you've been not necessarily free, but it is like you have a lot more freedom, a lot more things to see, a lot more things you can do, and a lot more time.
Speaker 2: That's yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and yes, Chili still exists.
Speaker 2: Apparently I'm pretty good crime.
Speaker 3: Okay, So, as you said, you are living alone, right, has decorating your apartment been moving along? I know you're waiting for your mom and brother. Have they made their way to Arlington?
Speaker 1: Like, it's still weird when you say Arlington, I automatically think home in Virginia, not Texas.
Speaker 3: Dallas.
Speaker 2: You don't say Dallas. Have they made it to Texas?
Speaker 1: Well, they're not here yet, but this episode is going to come out in a few days, and by the time it comes out, they will be here. So I'm really looking forward to get in my stuff and unpacking and pinkifying and asifying this apartment.
Speaker 2: I can't wait to see it.
Speaker 3: Is there anything in particular, like, okay, pink but like pink what you want pink bed sheets?
Speaker 2: You want pink curtains.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I do miss my pink blanket, like my comforter. I missed that is perfect. I missed my clothes. I got a plain black jacket. Is going an update to the to the closet so thee Yeah, I was gonna say, not just Dallas merge. This is my first not wearing a Dallas Wings hoodie or T shirt.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: I'll be back at it tomorrow though.
Speaker 1: So and I haven't had my do rag my bonnet. And I really missed my stuff to animals because it's quiet here, like those are the only guys I want to talk to night alone in my apartment.
Speaker 2: You get scary and I hear noises. There's the ones that are going to protect me. They better hold it down your pink stuff. Mister Bigglesworth is going to have to hold it down.
Speaker 3: Bigglesworth is crazy work. Look like mister Bigglesworth is my blue narwhale. I feel like you have told me about you have definitely seen him. And then I have a new weighted, nameless pink dino. I she doesn't have a name, names pink Dino to be to be determined exactly.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: So I know that you're branding the Dallas and there's a lot of different things that you have to discover.
Speaker 2: There's a bunch of different pro leagues and other things like that.
Speaker 3: Is there anything you're looking forward to popping out too, because I know when you were in college used to go to like soccer, softball games, et cetera. Is there any anything on your Dallas bucket list?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I still love going to different games in college, so I think I want to go to everything that's around here. Right, there's the Texas Rangers. Okay, the baseball team. Right, So we're actually going to a Texas Rangers game as a team, and I'm throwing out the first pitch, which I will have already done by the time this comes out. So we're gonna manifest and I make it to the home plate, to the plate that make it to the catcher whatever. Hopefully I make it to the guy who hits it and it doesn't hit the ground. We're gonna manifest that. I mean, second times the charm, didn't you I didn't hit.
Speaker 2: The ground last time? Okay? Okay? Yeah, According to one video.
Speaker 1: And Dad if you're listening to this, this is Ai speaking, But I'm also looking forward to going to a Cowboys game.
Speaker 2: That's cool. That's really cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're a Washington Commander's family. But also you know, I'm a free agent at this point. So Dad, again, if you're listening, this is Ai. But I have heard a lot of things about those cheerleaders, so I'm looking forward to that.
Speaker 3: That is going to be a time they actually have like a series like on teep on some app. I don't know if it's Netflix or something, but they you get to watch like the girls go through tryouts, et cetera, learn all their steps.
Speaker 2: It's actually really entertaining you.
Speaker 3: I wonder if it's gonna be Oh absolutely, I'm locked in with the dust.
Speaker 1: Actually the clips, it seems like intense, like cut throat type of.
Speaker 2: Like it's not a game. They take it very serious.
Speaker 3: And it's also they're like insane athletes and I could never do what they do. Credits to the Dallas Cowboys Cheerleaders. Has any other Dallas pros or have any Dallas pros reached out to you to welcome you to their city?
Speaker 1: Actually, yes, Devon Godshaw invited me to meet their family and they have a ranch, so to go out to their ranch, which is pretty cool. I haven't had time yet, but that might be something I do, so stay tuned, all right, So there's a whole lot of actually. Also, also, I have a friend on I want to say, the Dallas Wings. I have a friend on the Mavericks, Max Christy, and he texted me we went to Curry Camp together. Oh that's cool, so hopefully we can reconnect and hang out because I've been a fan of his.
Speaker 2: That's super dope.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, there's a lot of Dallas you know, people places for you to discover.
Speaker 2: So mm hmm.
Speaker 3: I can't wait, I was gonna say, and I can't wait to hear about it to see it. Okay, I can't wait to see it. So you know, with your team, you guys are going to be on the road driving a lot. Is there any city that you're looking forward to stopping at?
Speaker 2: Hmm? I wish I was wearing my New York jersey.
Speaker 1: I mean all of them, m hm. Because I mean when you travel in college, you don't really have much freedom to explore, like not obviously not like exploring like do activities, but even just food wise, like you're in the hotel, you've got pregame meal, whatever, break Like every meal is in the hotel, and then it's study hall, and then it's this, and it's that. So you'll actually be in a city and have some freedom and get to try different food see a little bit.
Speaker 2: I'm excited for that.
Speaker 3: Speaking of food, I know a see and you share. You know, you guys are both food lovers. Are there any spots that she recommended in Dallas in anywhere big foodies?
Speaker 1: She has, for sure, But there's been a lot to process in this brain lately, so I don't remember anything she said about that. So I told her that when we go places, like when we get there, like I need the recommendation we land type of thing like for sure.
Speaker 2: So but she, I mean, she's.
Speaker 1: Been here a while, she's seasoned, and she also has a lot of being of the FOODI that she has. She has a lot of good connects to help get recommendations.
Speaker 3: So MR, if she adds it to a note and you guys can just share like on the note, and then even if you don't get to go together, you get to check it off.
Speaker 2: All the places that she would recommend that's very smart. Asy.
Speaker 3: I want to know what's the most toxics experience that you've had so far, something that makes you go like, only only here, only here in Dallas.
Speaker 1: I feel like I haven't really had one yet, really no, because I haven't. I've been so tired. I haven't been able to really explore as much as I've wanted to yet. And I feel like Arlington is more chill.
Speaker 2: Okay than like downtown. And yeah, okay, Well, if.
Speaker 3: You ever get an opportunity, one thing I love and missed about Texas is to step in.
Speaker 2: So get your needs.
Speaker 3: Your cowgirl boots, get your dance partner, and get to too stepan.
Speaker 2: It is so fun. You should take a class or something. It'll be a cool time. Definitely, I'm down. I would pay to see that.
Speaker 3: You know, they swing you sometimes upside down in these dances, but yeah, girl, can you imagine me six' two being flipped upside? DOWN i need to see, that, girl not any more, OVER.
Speaker 2: I need to see. That, okay serious.
Speaker 3: Question everyone wants to, know maybe just me, specifically definitely just. Me when are you getting your first pink cow boy? Hat that's a great, Question AND i don't KNOW i feel like it needs to be. SOON i can, SAY i can't believe you went shopping did not get a cowgirl or excuse, me cowboy hat calgar.
Speaker 2: HAT i mean it was in a. Mall do they have source for? That just in a normal?
Speaker 1: MALL i feel like, YEAH i feel like, yeah BUT i feel like you have to, go like you, KNOW i feel like the ones in the mall like those are just two. Bougies LIKE i need like a real not hole in the, wall but like you, know like you walk past and it catches your, Eye you're, like, OH i need to go in.
Speaker 2: THERE i think that's WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Need you need said the, real, authentic not one of those get the souvenir and go home type.
Speaker 1: Vibes, yeah, no not one of. Those we're here for a good time in a long. TIME i know that's, right good time in a long.
Speaker 2: Time, okay hopefully hopefully long. Time it's your new.
Speaker 3: Home what's one thing that would Make dallas feel like home for?
Speaker 1: YOU i, MEAN i feel like that's something that just takes some, time like longer than two, weeks longer than barely two. Weeks BUT i think it WILL i don't think it will take. LONG i really like the group of people That i'm playing, with the staff on all, fronts like everyone That i'm around every, DAY i really really enjoy being. Around SO i think that. Perspective but it's gonna feel Like i'm.
Speaker 2: QUICK i love that it. Will it takes.
Speaker 3: Time you don't just get somewhere and then it's, home but your heart's, there so so it's, home all. Right now let's get into our funding. Games the first game we have is Blind. Ranking so we have a couple of game their hairstyles a zy THAT i personally would love to see all of them on, you but you're gonna rank them out OF i think we have, seven so let's do like it's literally number. EIGHT i know it says, eight but we have seven, options, okay, okay, okay and you're gonna let us. KNOW i, MEAN i want to, say let's rank it one through. Seven so one being absolutely never wearing, that please, know or like.
Speaker 2: You do an?
Speaker 1: Opposite can one be like absolutely wearing that tomorrow and seven being like, never yeah for?
Speaker 3: Sure, okay, Okay so one you're putting it on, tonight like you're putting this hairstid together on your.
Speaker 2: Head seven being please don't ever show me this picture. Again, okay all.
Speaker 3: Right first, one we have space. Buns this is kind of. Cute it's.
Speaker 1: CUTE i just DON'T i don't think for me, personally it's gonna.
Speaker 2: Be there can always be. Worse So i'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: Five, okay not too, bad closer to the never gonna wear it so we may not see.
Speaker 2: It it's. CUTE i would never play with, that. Okay.
Speaker 3: Fair space bunds are like two little balls on your head with a little curl hanging two curls hanging down the front for the listeners who can't.
Speaker 2: See all, right next hair, Stop next. Hairstyle we got a bowl, braid SO i think of a.
Speaker 3: Bubble it's given, edges done slick, back one single, braid and it's like a bunch of little bubbles that go down the long. Braid, so, okay one through? Seven what is this one? Giving the last one was? Fine oh so this is? Six oh my. Goodness so it's so like. LONG i would be whacking myself in the face with. This WHEN i first saw, THIS i was, like she's gonna be smacking people with.
Speaker 2: It oh my. Goodness all, right so that's a Six next the high. Puff very. CUTE i like. This sorry this one?
Speaker 3: One oh, OKAY i was gonna, say did we find the game day? Hair?
Speaker 2: Okay? Two very likely we MAY i see it this, season is What i'm. Hearing. Okay next, one packed this up, now.
Speaker 3: Y'all this is the hap up topknot where she basically has a ball at the top of her head and her curls hanging down the.
Speaker 1: Back it's braids back into a ball on top of my head and half my hair.
Speaker 2: Down.
Speaker 3: Yo she said in, Seven we're never going to see. It never gonna see it on the game. Day not a huge fan for me, Either i'm. Not you don't wear your hair down to. Play but the braids to the, bun to the it's just too much going. On the braids, upun got, It we're. Done next, Picture oh my, goodness The fulani. Braids this Is but why DO i have to have braids? Out if there were no braids, out then this would be. Wearable, Okay if you guys don't Know fulani. Braids she has two braids coming down the side of her. Face there's braids going back and then some of her hair.
Speaker 2: Out towards the.
Speaker 3: BACK i can imagine that this would be. DISTRACTED i can't imagine you get smacked in the face shooting three is thinking that you know this hairstyle is going to be great for you during the. Game so what do you rank this fulani? Braid i'm gonna got a, seven six and? Five, okay. FOUR i would get, this like you, know in my free. Time this is after the, season.
Speaker 2: Okay and our last. ONE i think we have one?
Speaker 3: More?
Speaker 2: This, oh two more?
Speaker 3: Okay this is the headband curls one of our producers FAVORITE i will not name.
Speaker 1: Them fire. Them this should be more. Lower this should be much. Lower but only option left is, Three so it's.
Speaker 2: Three all?
Speaker 3: Right that is three headband, curls and, y'all it just has her with. HEADBANDS i think there's braids maybe going, back and then your hair is loose behind.
Speaker 2: There all. Right she gives it a.
Speaker 1: Three, okay last One this is one except why DO i have a side?
Speaker 3: Bun this is, one. Y'all it's the low sleep. Bun it is maybe so you could see. It they should have did like a side, profile but her you slick down middle part and a low sleep, bun curly bun in the. Back and you, said this is one H how can you been rocking that in? Practice m, h we love it all? Right Thank that is the end of our blind ranking game with. Hairstyles very, cute see y'all hear it?
Speaker 2: Here game. Day we got some maybe some never gonna see it?
Speaker 3: Ever got some options, now, yes you got some options reference cheap. Facts all, right we're gonna get right into our what the fun of the? Week if you guys don't know or what the fun of the week is something that happened this week that made you, say what the? FUD i have a cute, ONE i have a Clicheare so my brother went to flight school and he. Graduated so my fun of the week IS i am going to his graduation today, actually And i'm really proud of him And i'm.
Speaker 2: Excited so, yes.
Speaker 3: Congrats, Brother, yes they love very. Exciting, yeah so what's your what the fun of the?
Speaker 1: Week my what the fun of the week Is holly on That cabo trip because her with the all pink and that hot pink did she e hat got? It?
Speaker 2: Yo she got it for, sure and she rocked it so well. Too.
Speaker 1: WELL i was definitely laughing WHEN i saw, that So holly you, Ate i'm a big fan of that.
Speaker 3: Hat you should keep it going Past. Cabo i'm. Crying it was really it was cool to See holly in a different. Setting we always see her running around giving interviews doing things like.
Speaker 2: That so seeing, her you, know take off a load and kick, back we love.
Speaker 3: It and in her candice. Pants, yeah they look like they have big, fan big fan our.
Speaker 1: Bye, well that is a wrap. Up that is a wrap on today's. Episode thank you guys so much for listening and tuning. In don't forget to, rate review and subscribe to Futt around and Find out wherever you get your, podcasts and we'll.
Speaker 2: See you guys next.
Speaker 1: Week Fut around and Find out is a production Of iHeart Women's sports And Unanimous. Media executive producers Are Jesse, Katz Eric, Payton Charla Sumter, brugette And Stephan. Curry co executive producer Is Kleana Maria. Cutney producers Are Mike, Costcarelli Grace, fughs And Mackenzie, fitzpatrick and co producers Are Kurt, Redman Maya, howard and Jack Lan. Schoeninger this podcast is edited By Mike costcarelli and hosted by Me Azy fudd And Ashaunty.
Speaker 2: Plummer