Speaker 1: Cool media.
Speaker 2: This is it could happen here. Executive Disorder, our weekly newscast covering what's happening in the White House, the crumbling world, and what it means for you. I'm Garrison Davis today. I'm joined by doctor James's Stout and Reverend doctor the Honorable Robert Evans.
Speaker 3: That's right. Hmm, that's right, Reverend doctor the honorable Evans, who is currently hacking up a fucking lung. Uh, no idea, Why I feel otherwise fine?
Speaker 2: Well, I'm sure you feel otherwise fine due to this great week in American history we've all been through together, yeah, which started with a meeting between President Donald Trump and El Salvador President Bukelea on Monday morning in the Oval Office, where they discussed the possibility of the United States helping to build more Seacott style facilities to disappear US citizens and immigrant that the Trump administration deems criminals or terrorists.
Speaker 3: Yes, I mean, I keep getting asked, is this the panic moment? And I don't think panic is particularly productive, but like, yeah, this is the worst case scenario. The worst case scenario is happening. The President's talking about sending citizens overseas, to a concentration camp. Honestly, I'm on the verge of thinking it's okay to call it a death camp, but we just don't have the data yet. There's some very concerning satellite shots that appear to show piles of bodies.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's from March of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean yeah, but it won't have gotten.
Speaker 2: Better no, no, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: So I don't know. This is about as bad as it could be, folks, We're in it.
Speaker 2: During that meeting, both President Bukeley and and the Trump cabinet argue that there is simply no way for people sent to see God to ever return to the United States, coming up with a whole bunch of absurd, obsurd reasons for why that is that is impossible due to due to foremol and safety of both Al Salvador and the United States. Me and James did a whole episode on this earlier this week that you can check out on the It could Happen here feed. I'm gonna move on to an update on the student crackdowns. So ICE has targeted a third Green card holder for deportation based on pro Palestinian activism. Mohsen Matuwi is a Palestinian from the West Bank who has lived in the US with a green card for a decade while studying philosophy at Columbia. He co founded the Columbia Palestinian Student Union in twenty twenty three with Mahmoud Khalil. Maduwi was arrested by Ice last Monday, April fourteenth at his citizenship interview in Vermont. Now after Khalil was arrested last month, Madowi went into hiding and he suspected that this citizenship interview could be a honeypot, but decided to go anyway after waiting a long time for this point meant, his lawyers quickly filed a habeas corpus petition arguing his detentions unlawful and Violet's First Amendment. A US district judge issued an order hours later that he was quote not to be removed from the United States or moved out of the territory of the District of Vermont, pending for their order of this court. Zionistocksing accounts targeted Marwi in recent weeks. I'm going to play actually this two minute clip of Marwi talking. This is from December of twenty twenty three on the program sixty minutes.
Speaker 4: What was your initial reaction when you heard about the Hamas attack on October seventh.
Speaker 5: I could not believe what my eyes were seeing, where I see Hamas members getting into settlements and so on. But also the first moment I saw that, I put my hand on my heart and I started praying, knowing that there will be a huge level of revenge from the Israelis, and I was praying that this will not be the result, because it would be disastrous.
Speaker 4: The night of the rally, I believe someone in the crowd said something very anti Jewish, not to say anti Israeli, but anti Jewish.
Speaker 5: Yes, this was as a walk out on November ninth, and a person who is not affiliated with Columbia. We've never seen him, we don't know who is this guy comes down down the stairs yelling death to Jews. I was shocked. And they walked directly to the person and they told him you don't represent us because this is not something that we agree with. And directly what I've done, I tooked the megaphone and they gave a speech and they said, we here are conscious, educated students, and we know how to separate right from wrong, and what this guy has said is wrong. What this guy has said is clearly anti sematic against Jews. Ant to be anti Semitic is unjust, is unjust, and the fight for the freedom of Palestine and the fight against anti Semitism go hand in hand because injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean he said everything that would make him a respectable protester, at least based on what the fucking dims were saying last year, Like, there's nothing in there that's pro Hamas. There's nothing in anything I can tell this guy has done that his advocacy towards terrorism, Like but obviously that's not what matters. What matters is they have the ability to get him out and they're doing that because of his speech.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he took a step back from protests in March of twenty twenty four during the second wave of student protests at Columbia.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and like I believe he didn't. Isn't he like a member of the university Buddhist Club.
Speaker 2: Yes, part of why he took a step back was to focus on his role in the Buddhist Club as a as for I think in the past, like two years he has been participating in that on campus. Yeah, he told CBS News the day before he was detained. Quote, if my story will become another story for the struggle to have justice and democracy in this country, let it be unquote like other students who've been targeted and arrested. He has not been charged or accused of any crime, but the State Department has deemed him a threat to foreign policy.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Hot to see how but I think as we're seeing it, that doesn't really matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now, last Friday, a Louisiana judge ruled in favor of the Trump administration to allow the deportation of Mahmoud Khalil, upholding the government's argument that the rarely used Cold War era statute of the Immigration and Nationality Act allows for the Secretary of State to deport aliens that pose quote adverse foreign policy consequences. The only quote unquote evidence presented in court was a two page memo written by Mark Rubio that alleges that Khalil's presence in the country threatens quote US policy. Had to come by anti semitism around the world and in the United States, based on information provided by the DHS, ICE and Homeland security investigations regarding the participation and rules of Khalil in anti Semitic protests and disruptive actions which foster a hostile environment for Jewish students in the United States unquote. So there's no real evidence in this document. It is just Mark Rubio's opinion for two pages, and this is the only evidence that ever has been held in court that resulted in the judge ruling in the government's favor.
Speaker 3: A lot of what we're seeing here is the natural conclusion to what was happening with like Dance last year talking about Haitian immigrants and admitting like, yeah, it's not literally true, but like it's true to how we feel. So it's like fine for us to spread this lie. Like they're just declaring these people terrorists and even attempting to get evidence for that claim, like they certainly have no need to. And the media that like I'm seeing coverage on Fox particularly that's just repeatedly framing this as like the left is angry that like a terrorist got deborded, right, yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean this is the same stuff that we saw at the RNC where they referred to students as terrorists, like just completely completely flattened. Like every single person at a college campus who is upset about a genocide or criticizes the state of Israel, that person is a terrorist. Lawyers for Khalil have until April twenty third to file an appeal to the deportation, and they plan to file an asylum case on his behalf. A separate habeas petition case is playing out in a New Jersey court. This week, NBC News reviewed over one hundred pages of documents from the federal government and Khalil's legal team containing information about his immigration process, work experience, and activism. These documents showed that the government used unverified tabloid reporting against Khalil and contained contradictory information yep, so, essentially using New York Post style publications as a pretext for ICE to execute arrests against people who are Green card holders, legal permanent residents of the United States. We're going to go on break and come back to talk about Robert F. Kennedy Junior.
Speaker 3: Finally, finally, something fun.
Speaker 2: All right, we're back. I'm gonna throw to Robert Evans for an update on everyone's favorite roadkill consumer.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, RFK Junior. He's not just strapping the carcass of a dead whale to the head of his truck and driving down the highway. Now he is while kind of launching a genocidal campaign against people with autism.
Speaker 2: Kind of doing a national eugenics program.
Speaker 3: Yeah, kind of calling a large group of people in this country useless eaters.
Speaker 1: Jesus Christ. Yeah. Fuck.
Speaker 3: And the gist of what's happening is they just had a new quote unquote study come out that looked at like apparently rising autism rates. And again I've covered this a lot. The reason why rates of autism are increasing every credible scientist degrees is because we're looking for it more and so we're finding more of it and we have a broader understanding of what it is. RFK Junior is obsessed with the idea, the image of autism as a disease that is spreading due to an environmental contagion, and he is trying to make the case that this is a calamity. He has promised. The most recent promise he made is that by September the government will release exhaustive studies that will identify the environmental causes of autism. And he made a statement autism destroys families. More importantly, it destroys our greatest resource, which is our children. These are children who should not be suffering like this. He is called autism a preventable disease, which it is not. While there is evidence that some of the factors that can be relevant in autism expressing are environmental, the vast majority of it seems to be genetic. There's no evidence, and there have been repeated studies there has anything to do with vaccines. He's positive a couple of other theories as to what causes it, including mold and diet, and these are largely based on what are already kind of quack, both autism treatments and quack autism causes that are popular within the biomedical movement bare metal biomedical movement, which is the fake autism medical industrial complex that we covered recently on the Behind the Bastards. One of the things I think is really worrying about the language that Kennedy is using is how similar it sounds to a lot of what you were seeing in the early nineteen thirties out of the Nazi state, what we know of as the Holocaust, which is generally a term generally primarily when people use that term. They are talking about the mass killing of Jews and other ethnic minorities in Central Europe by the Nazi state. That got a lot of its start, and there's a couple of different places got it start. Obviously, the wild concentration camps and the political concentration camps are in that heritage. When it comes to the actual mass killing of people, the very origin of that was in getting rid of the disabled. Right. The term that was used in Nazi propaganda for these people was useless eaters. And this is the first time that the Nazis tested out gassing right in large numbers. And he hasn't used literally the term useless eaters, but he talks a lot about. One of the terms he uses is severe autism, right, which is not the term that is popularly used now for people who have kind of profound autism. I think is the preferred term for people who do have a significantly higher degree of like disability as a result of their autism or that correlates with their autism, right, as opposed to the vast majority of people who can be diagnosed to somewhere on the spectrum who are able to live independently. Right and Kennedy sort of does the thing that is very common within this community of sort of number one, correlating that to everybody with autism and talking about it as if it is a disaster that justifies any kind of response, because the people who have profound autism aren't real people in his eyes. He made a statement quote, these are kids who will never pay taxes, they'll never hold a job, they'll never play baseball, they'll never write a poem, they'll never go out on a date. Many of them will never use a toilet on assisted. We have to recognize we are doing this to our children. And first off, having taught a lot of kids with profound autism, yes they could play baseball, like a number of them held jobs. Now do a lot of them need assisted living? Sure, But like number one, that's always been the case. There's no evidence that people with this kind of autom that there's any sort of raise in this right. What's raised is the number of people who are being diagnosed. Right, And he's using this kind of scare term, right, this idea that like parents, you need to be frightened that something is going to steal your children from you. In order to justify the dehumanization of everyone with autism, as well as radical biomedical experimental procedures that are going to do harm at scale to lots of kids. One of his favorite new terms is epidemic denial, which is the term that he's using for people who say that, like, this is not an epidemic, this is something that we're now screening for me more, he's kind of kind of repurposing the language of like vaccine denial and whatnot as like a denial that this is sort of an immediate crisis that needs to be hit, which I find interesting.
Speaker 2: Also like co opting like COVID conscious language.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I think the way he and his group were referred to during COVID he's now using in the same fashion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it's interesting. His initial promise was that like, by September, will know why autism rates are on the rise. That's not really a thing. You can't make science work that way, Like you can't guarantee that.
Speaker 6: Like you said, we already know because people are seeking out diagnoses.
Speaker 1: Like because right, we have better awareness of it now.
Speaker 3: But he's kind of altered that recently, being like, no, we'll have some answers by September, and you know, We're gonna get those answers by removing the taboo so that doctors won't get gas lit by blaming autism on vaccines or you know, mold exposure or the like. That's that's what we can look forward to in the near future from our good friend RFK Junior, who definitely doesn't pay taxes or write poems. I just want to make that clear. I don't think either of those are particularly good bars for whether or not you're a human being. But he for sure doesn't do either.
Speaker 2: As frankly, I know way too many autistic people who write poems.
Speaker 3: Oh tons of them.
Speaker 6: Ys gonna say, yeah, the ring poeing things was a really fucking.
Speaker 3: The poet Lauriate of Washington State since twenty twenty three is a is a woman with autism. So yeah, like.
Speaker 2: I writing poems nonsense, extremely common activity for my fellow ye, my fellow autism people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are okay, okay, ore FK Junior again, but he was talking about, you know, people with what he calls severe autism. But he also doesn't ever care to like specify his language because there's no there's no benefit that's a real medical yeah, and there's no benefit to his ideology in acknowledging that, like, well, most people who get diagnosed with autism may need some accommodations. It's a difference, right, It's a difference in the way your mind works. But they're fine, Like they're living healthy, happy lives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I talk slightly differently in the cool zone work chat, which is kind of the extent of it for me, extent, but that is an aspect. Speaking of the Department of Health Human Services, they released a report page on their website for you, the the vigilance citizen. Oh yes, to report trans miners receiving healthcare. Finally, and so an another one of these like snitching hotlines at this time on a federal government website that I'm sure will only get real, real complaints sent to it, and not the B movie.
Speaker 3: See not repeatedly the B movie scrap.
Speaker 2: Yeah, speaking of trans people, I do have a few updates on some some of the transgender stuff. During that meeting between President Buklea and Trump, they went on a small tangent about trans people where where Trump said that he actually doesn't like talking about quote unquote men in women's sports because he wants to wait and save that issue to use for the next election.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to play the clip, and I don't.
Speaker 7: Like talking about it because I want to save it for just before the next election. I said, my people don't even talk about it because they'll change then. Well, but I watched this morning it was a congressman fighting to the debt for men to play against women in sports.
Speaker 2: That's like super interesting, like very clear insight into how like Trump sees like the trands of sports issue and treats it as this like election winning superpower, and like he certainly he is directing like the DOJ and with his executive orders, like he still is targeting trans people, especially trans people against So it's not that he's treating this as like a hands off issue to like ensure that it can remain a hot button thing for the next election. But I think I think in his mind, like he doesn't want to stop Democrats from caring about this issue in a way like like the the more that they that they fight for it in his mind is like what gives him ammunition for the next election, whether he's going to run for a third term or just like Republicans like mega stuff in general. But I think that it is an interesting look into like his personal insight on this issue. Meanwhile, the Department of Justice just announced on Wednesday, April sixteenth, that they are suing Maine's Department of Education for not complying with Trump's anti trans executive order by continuing to allow trans people to compete in sports, claiming that they are quote failing to protect women in women's sports unquote, which which they say violates Title nine. The suit aims to get an injunction to force man to strip away rights from trans people in schools, to take away two winning titles from trans of school athletes, and are considering to quote unquote retroactively pull all funding that Maine has received. Maine's Attorney General, Aaron Frey said on Wednesday, quote our position is further bolstered by the complete lack of any legal citation supporting the administration's position in its own complaint. While the President issued in executive order that reflects his own interpretations of the law, anyone with the most basic understanding of American civics understands that the President does not create law nor interpret law unquote. So Maine and specifically the main governor, are adamant that this is going to be an issue that's only going to be settled in the courts, and in fact challenged Trump at a recent meeting to see you in court over this issue. We are going to go and break and then return to close out this episode of executive disorder. Okay, we are back. I'm now gonna throw to myself and Mia to discuss the tariff talk in a future recording.
Speaker 1: Rocky jazz b Rocky jazz.
Speaker 7: Bot, Sorry lot, Rocky jazz Bo, Rocky.
Speaker 8: Jazz Bob, welcome the Tariff talk, the talk where I talk to you about the turf tariffs. So all right, the big thing that happens last week in tariffs was that Trump exempted smartphones and electronics. There's a whole suite of electronics that are exempted from the one and forty five percent turf tariffs from Liberation Day. Now, there was still a twenty percent tariff on all these electronic goods from the earlier round tariffs. In one of the initial rounds, there was a whole thing where he put a bunch of tariffs.
Speaker 2: I'm so confused though, because I thought that's ten percent tariffs for non Chinese companies.
Speaker 8: Yeah, but okay, So here's.
Speaker 2: The thing, right, China like additional or no.
Speaker 8: Okay. So, so what's happening with these is that in the very very first round of tariffs that went out, there was a twenty percent tariff on all Chinese goods, and so the Liberation Day tariffs, which and then the subsequent retaliatory tariffs pushed.
Speaker 2: It pushed all goods now two hundred fifty.
Speaker 8: Okay, we're gonna we're gonna get two hundred fiyercent. That the numbers bullshit, But we're at one hundred and forty five percent like tariff from the Liberation Day stuff. But that also had included an earlier twenty percent tariff, and you see, you see why we're reporting about this is so fucking hard, right, So that was stack on top of that other tariff. So if he's removed the Liberation Day tariffs, but there still are twenty percent tariffs on all like iPhones and all the electronicos that are still in effect. So the tariff right for those goods is now twenty instead of one hundred and forty five. But this is where things get even more murky. So even before the exemptions for the semiconductor stuff had been released. Trump had been talking about imposing a bunch of tariffs, specifically on semiconductors from all countries, which is going to like, again, if this is just awesome, if you want to just kneecap your entire economy, you put in a tariff on all semiconductors from other countries, which was what this is looking like, it's possible the levels are going to be that high. Anyways, It's again worth pointing out that, like, there's a bunch of the parts of this production process that basically can only be done in Taiwan, which will presumably have these new tariffs on them. We don't know what they're gonna be yet they're coming in, who fucking knows, But so it seems like they're these tariffs are being withdrawn for now due to market sort of backlash, but probably they will come back at some point in the future. We're not We're not one hundred percent sure. There's also another thing I want to mention, where so the number that you said, the two hundred and fifty percent tariff thing, so Trump tweeted that out, but that's fake. What that is is that there are a couple of items, and I mean when I say a couple. I mean, like we're talking like single digit items, like things like medical syringes that already had like one hundred percent tariffs on them, that the one hundred and forty five percent tariff stack on top of all tariffs that are already in effect. So there's like like three or four items already had one hundred percent tariffs on them, so when you stack the one forty five on top of them, they're two fifty percent. But again it's like it's like three things, right, So like that's fake. On the other hand, like substantively, And this is something that a lot of people have been talking about the difference between one hundred and forty five percent and two hundred and forty five percent, Like it isn't that relevant because at one hundred and forty five percent you stop doing trading. So it's you know, the numbers at this when I just sort of in comedy levels. But yeah, so that's what's going on with the two hundred and fifty number of people have been going around from it's it's not real. It's still one forty five for all non electronics goods twenty four electronics. There's also been a bunch of China has been doing retaliatory stuff for a little bit, and they've been ramping up this program to restrict US access to rare earth elements that are necessary for a whole bunch of advanced engineering, particularly sort of defense projects. This is the thing that could genuinely devastate the American defense sector. Trump's plan for this is that he's threatening to use the Trade Expansion Act nineteen sixty two to impose even more devastating tariffs. Now it is genuinely unclear to me, Like what is he going to do impose in one thousand percent tariff?
Speaker 2: Like you need to buy these goods, like you say that, Mia, And yeah, he probably will.
Speaker 8: He probably will. Like two weeks ago, one thousand percent tariffs would have been a joke, But no, they might. They might legitimately do one thousand percent tariffs.
Speaker 2: Why not.
Speaker 8: There's also been the beginnings of of on the us ND sort of export restrictions from chip exports to China and countries like Nvidia and AMD. And this is a fucking big rip to the big rip to the fucking AI people. Each hit get fucked. Yeah, so like so that that's roughly the state of of the tariffs right now, more more bullshit will happen. We'll be back on Tariff Talk next week with another round of unbelievably hideous turf tariff shit. But I want to I want to move on to one more thing, which is things that have been happening at the at the NLRB. So the NLRB, for people who are not regular listeners to the show, is the National Labor Relations Board. They were in charge of a whole bunch of things related to negotiations between employers and unions. Are the people who certify union elections, they handle unfair labor practices disputes, and Doge effectively broke into the NLRB and has seized a whole bunch of information that they shouldn't have. NPR broke the story and has been doing a lot of good coverage of it. So it came in right. They technically had some kind of like order saying that they're supposed to be able to come in and do this stuff. And they set up and they disable all of the security stuff and all of the sort of like logs and all the sort of stuff that's supposed to like verify what someone's doing on a computer system, they go in and disable all of them, They delete all traces of what they do. And this is a big deal because the NLRB has a lot of extremely sensitive data, has extremely sensitive data on unions, It has a lot of extremely sensitive trade data on private companies. Now, the NLRB person who blew the whistle on this to NPR described how so he complains about to his superiors about Doge again just like sort of breaking into this fucking like office and just like stealing all of this data. Because he mean, so he notices this program that they're building that's literally just called like backdoor, which is like again, what you would do if you were literally running a hack, right, And we'll come back to in a second. So the NLOP person complains to a superior so like, hey, these DOSE people are just like stealing all of the data from this And then like the next day, someone from Doge tapes to his door pictures of him and his dogs with like a threatening thing on it, like drone footage of him and his dog like walking, which is so fucking weird. I don't even know, I don't even so, yeah, that's that's extremely alarming. This is this is they're they're just blatantly threatening a whistleblower. Yeah. So so the other reason that this is really concerning is that so a lot of the corporate media is focused on the fact that there's a lot of trade information in there, there's also a lot of very personal information about unions, about union strength, about size, about tactics, about the history of negotiating things about just where unions are and who's in them. And it's it's deeply unclear what DOGE is going to do with this information. But it's not good. And again, and I need to emphasize this. So I talked to friend of the show, oh Maya Arson crime w about this, who is someone who knows a lot about hacking, And I said to it, okay, so this is what you would do if you were if you were just straight up like hacking the NLRB, right, like, these are the things you would do, And they went, yeah, pretty much. So it's great, it's great. Yeah, the dose are just stolen a bunch of information. Who knows what's gonna happen to it. Who knows what's gonna happen with their escalation of attacks on whistleblowers. But things bad, things continue to go bad.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for that uplifting story, Miya about Doge breaking into and stealing data from the NLRB and posting overhead drone photos of people's houses who threatened the Doge supremacy.
Speaker 1: We're back, Thank you, Future Garrison and future Miya. So it's my role here to update you on the Board of Fashion, and that's what I'm here to do.
Speaker 6: Where I want to start this week is in the Roosevelt Reservation.
Speaker 1: This is something that's been reported on a little bit.
Speaker 6: It's largely by people who maybe only found out about it this week and looked at a Wikipedia page then it wrote a story. The Roosevelt Reservation is a sixty foot easement that runs along the southwestern border of the United States from the coast in San Diego or the way to New Mexico.
Speaker 1: Doesn't cover the Texas border.
Speaker 6: I've written about it before for the Sierra Club and for Drilled News four or five years ago, and I'm going to include a link to the Sierra Club piece in the show notes that Drill pieces down now they don't have that print side anymore. It was established in nineteen oh seven by Teddy Roosevelt and It was transferred for three years from the Department of the Interior Department of Defense by the Trump administration in twenty nineteen using an executive order this year in twenty twenty five, all of the Roosevelt Reservation that is not part of federal reservation land was placed on the Department of Defense jurisdiction. A lot of reports seems to have missed this exemption for federal reservation land, which makes up a significant part of the border, especially in Arizona right in the Tornad Reservation. I'm going to quote from the language of the executive order here quote to provide for the use and jurisdiction by the Department events over such federal lands, including the Roosevelt Reservation, and excluding Federal Indian reservations that are reasonably necessary to enable military activities directed in this memorandum, including border barrier construction and emplacement of detection and monitoring equipment. The way I read this, it also doesn't limit to the reserve reservation. It seems to include other federal land right, which could include National monuments, National Parks BLM, and the National Forests, all of which exist along the border. The Trump administration this week also obtained waivers. The waivers wave dozens of laws that have been limiting construction in the San Diego sector. I'd like to quote a little bit from that Sierra Club piece that I wrote, because I think the aspect of the damage done to the sacred space of Indigenous people is being completely overlooked by the legacy media.
Speaker 1: In this not.
Speaker 6: Perhaps surprisingly so, one of the law's waved with a Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act. The Native American Graves Protection and Repatriation Act was enacted by Congress in nineteen ninety to protect and safely relocate Native burial sites. When construction takes place on sensitive sites, the tribing question should be consulted, and in the event remains or other archaeological objects are found, construction should be altered so as not to disturb the site. In the areas of San Diego where they are digging, what's called midden soil has been found mid and soil is soil that contains evidence of cremated human remains. Right in this case of Kumii people. With this waver, they don't have to comply with NAGPRO Native American Graves Protection and Relocation Act, which means that they can continue digging through what are literally people's ancestors graveyards.
Speaker 1: Quote from that twenty twenty story.
Speaker 6: If this were another country's government destroying a region's holy land, the US would go to war and the people would feel it justified, activist Thomas barbatod Sierra. But it happens here at home, in front of us, and we just turn away.
Speaker 2: Yep, we sure do a turn away.
Speaker 3: It seems to be most of what we do these days.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's not even what bugs me. It's like, not so much of folks, you know, not doing anything. I get that it's overwhelming horrible at the moment. It's that this doesn't even get reported. Yeah, big outlets with a massive budget, who are supposed to have a border reporter who's never fucking set foot on the border, doesn't take the time to talk to the indigenous people whose land the border crossed, right, Like, doesn't take the time to hear their concerns, doesn't take the time to think about when you dig thirty feet into this ground to build your border wall, that's twelve thousand years of someone's history. How do they feel about that? And like that is a failing of the legacy media. It has been a failing for a long time, and it will continue to be for a long time, and piss.
Speaker 3: Me off, YEP.
Speaker 6: I guess to talk more broadly than about this militarization of the Roosevelt Reservation and other public land. There's been some speculation about what this might mean. I don't think that you're going to see soldiers pointing their guns at the southern border and shooting anyone who comes across. I do think it's likely a lot of the people who have been deployed to southern border so far at MPs military police right, and it's possible that those MPs will be able to detain people and potentially charge and with trespassing on a military installation. That would just be another string to the bow of their attempt to rapidly deport people, because they already have many other kind of options through executive order of doing that which which.
Speaker 1: They're a really implying right.
Speaker 6: It might also make it easier for them to waive some of these other laws and to construct more surveillance equipment. In the Ebrogogacia case, which we've covered for several weeks now, the Supreme Court has unanimously asked to the United States government to quote facilitate his return. The US government has embarked upon a unique definition of the word facilitate, which it feels like means allowing him to enter the country and providing transport if El Salvador releases him. Bukelly refused to release him, saying that doing so would be to quote smuggler terrorists into the United States. Garrison and I did a whole episode about this yesterday that you can listen to. Today, Senator Chris van Holland went to San Salvador, right, capital of El Salbador if you're not where, he met with the Vice president because Bukele is still out the country. Van Holdend held the press conference right afterwards that I watched for it before we recorded this. In the press conference, Van Holland basically said that he asserted to the Vice President of El Salbador there was no evidence nor any conviction of being a member of MS thirteen, and he asked the VP why he was holding mister Abrego Gussier, and the VP said, because the US is paying us to home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which yeah, they won't even lie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he's not lying. That's why they're doing it.
Speaker 3: I believe that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and credit to this Maryland senator, like being the only one to do something, and it's not enough, and it's just one person. There are three hundred people there, right, They're not even going for the hundreds of other innocent people are there. It's one guy, but at least he's doing something. The rest of the Democrats collectively, Yeah, I don't know, like voting for Trump's nominees. He asked to meet with mister Abrego Garcia and was told that they needed more time. He said, I'll come back next week. They said they don't know if they can organize it in a week. He asked if he could call him. They said they didn't know if they could facilitate a call. They said maybe the US embassy would have to be the one that requests that. So he has now requested that the embassy requests that he be allowed to call mister Abrego Garcia and mister Brego Garcia be allowed to speak to his wife. Garreton and I spoke about how like it's not in the interest of government at El salbad Or to have people leave this prison and testify it to the conditions that are in it.
Speaker 2: No one has ever left this prison that we're aware of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that no one who's been detained there has left.
Speaker 6: The government wouldn't give him a date when he could meet mister Abergo Garcia or when he would be likely able to make a call.
Speaker 1: And a separate case, Judge Boseburg.
Speaker 6: Who we've spoken about before as well, Right, Judge Bothberg, with the judge issues's attentive restraining order on the rendition of people to l Salbador, which the government then ignored, has found probable cause that the administration is in contempt of court.
Speaker 1: What does this mean?
Speaker 6: It doesn't mean, despite what you have seen on your timeline, that this will mean these people will be bought home. When they found a contempt, they have two options. Right, they can purge themselves of the contempt, and the way they would do that would be by providing habeas not by bringing all these people home, at least not yet right. Or they could present the people who are responsible and then either an attorney could be appointed by the DOJ to prosecute them, I guess and don't quite know how that works since or the judge himself point and attorney to prosecute them for criminal contempt. Again like at least the guys try and I guess.
Speaker 3: Like no, I mean, like I got nothing to say against him right now, Like this is what they all should be doing. He went there, he said something, and he's not mincing his words. He's saying that this man was disappeared.
Speaker 6: No, yeah, and he's he's asserting that, like they need to listen to the court. They are supposed to listen to the court. Judge genez In genez who is a judge on the district court that had its case sent to the Supreme Court for review in the Abrego Garcia incident, also quoted to Merriam Webster Dictionary and said that the government's understanding of the word facility flew in the face of the common understanding.
Speaker 1: Of the word.
Speaker 6: Again, like I've seen it asserted, like, oh, legal experts can disagree. Meanwhile, you've got the actual judge in the actual case being like, notice is what the dictionary says.
Speaker 1: Your definition is ludicrous.
Speaker 6: I would caution people to be very careful looking at at like blue check legal experts on except com or people on blue Sky. There has been so much misleading stuff about immigration law and the laws in these particular two cases and they are about the resot reservation. Actually, just be really careful where you're getting your information, especially on immigration law from maybe go back and check what that person was doing in twenty twenty three when thousands of migrants were detained in outdoor detention camps. Because I've seen so much misinformation and people, understandably who aren't expert in this, because it's extremely complicated, are likely to be taken advantage of by people who are grifting off what is at a moment when a lot of us are afraid and a lot of us are insertain, to be very careful what you're reading out there.
Speaker 2: All right, I think that's all for us today on It could Happen Here?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's our new rectiled executive dysfunction episode.
Speaker 1: At Rectile Order.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, we're fucking done, go away.
Speaker 2: We reported the news.
Speaker 3: We reported the news.
Speaker 9: It could Happen Here is a production of cool Zone Media. For more podcasts from cool Zone Media, visit our website Coolzonmedia dot com, or check us out on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to podcasts. You can now find sources for it could Happen Here? Listed directly in episode descriptions. Thanks for listening,