Speaker 1: Hell, We suck at being newlyweds with Dean Aungler, Haylen Lurkey, and Jared Haven an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: What is going on? Everybody? Welcome to an all new.
Speaker 3: Episode of Suck, Suck, Sucking and Sucking More.
Speaker 2: This is your host.
Speaker 3: This is your host, Dean Sucky Bell, joined by Kaylen sucker Bell and Jared's sucky Mcsuckerson Haven and Jared Jared sucks in more ways than one this week?
Speaker 2: Do you wanna do you guys want to take a gander of what I'm talking about?
Speaker 4: What happened this week fantasy football?
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 3: I went into I went into Monday Night with a fifteen point deficit and I justin Herbert and Keenan Allen.
Speaker 4: Let's just beed this up.
Speaker 3: By saying that you're slowing us down and Keenan Allen and they got me maybe sixteen points and I won by just just.
Speaker 2: The hair of my chin. So we have to have you now do something. We now have to have you do something.
Speaker 4: The podcast listeners choose the punishment, Yes they should.
Speaker 3: Yep, they should, because I'm not creative enough to choose something.
Speaker 2: But it needs to be embarrassing. But like not so embarrassing.
Speaker 1: So should they send emails or comment on the Instagram? How should we dictate what I think?
Speaker 3: What we should I think, what we should do. I'll ask for some for a video of this right here. Hey, hey, hey, listeners of suck Nation out there, if you could please send some ideas for Jared's punishment for fantasy football. Make it make it bad bad, make it real bad, but also make it light and fun, and make it make it something that he'll actually do, because sometimes people make it so bad that no one would ever actually do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're like, post yourself naked. You know, I don't want a sexual harassment case.
Speaker 2: And just one.
Speaker 3: He just lost one game. It's not like he lost the whole league, so it can't be that bad. Yeah, yeah, yeah, but yeah, let's get into this riveting episode because Kaitlin, obviously he's talking about fantasy football.
Speaker 5: I do, I do. I'm in fantasy football. It's just not that interesting to me. I don't know how interesting it is to our listeners.
Speaker 4: Some news with Dean.
Speaker 5: We are in Carmel right now, and Dean's been pretty uh oh, debilitated.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna be real cranky today I just been on the phone with insurance for probably collective four hours over the past two days, and.
Speaker 5: I just.
Speaker 1: I know you hate insurance, but what is the route? Because I saw this.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: That's why I need to talk to insurance to help me figure it out.
Speaker 2: But you can't.
Speaker 1: You need to go to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe I need to do that, but then.
Speaker 4: Our deductible is so high, so charge me.
Speaker 3: I can't go to urgent care because in an urgent, urgent care can't refer you to an orthopedist.
Speaker 4: They said that, we don't know if it's true.
Speaker 2: It's so frustrating I am.
Speaker 5: Anyways, he's been having this like crazy pain. He's been talking to doctors. He had an appointment scheduled after like five hours on the phone, they called it. I'm literally right before this podcast, and they were like, sorry, we didn't assign, you didn't work out, You're we're canceling your appointment. And he is in the most excruciating amount of pain, Like when it hits, he's just shaking and I feel so bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not fun.
Speaker 3: It's so weird because it like comes and goes, like right now it hurts a little bit, but I would say for like sixteen to eighteen hours a day, don't even notice it. But then there's like six hours where it's the most excruciating pain in my life, and it just throbs and throbs and throbs, and every time it throbs, it's like sends me into the stratosphere in terms of pain. It is the most painful thing I've ever experienced. It started on Sunday.
Speaker 1: Started on Sundays. It's arounday four Wednesday, So day four you're still experiencing excrucating pain. How often does it happen per day?
Speaker 3: It probably like three times a day, for like an hour at a time, three or four times for an hour at a time. Yeah, it's like literally is insane. I feel like such a whimp too, because I'm like, why is this her?
Speaker 2: How can I make it?
Speaker 3: And so like Kaylyn got me a heating pad, I've got my their gun, and like that helps a lot, but it's still is like like insufferable, and I have no idea what it is and I can't make an appointment to get it looked at.
Speaker 2: Because you feel like a baby.
Speaker 1: Because my assumption is that you can handle pain pretty well. Some things that you've gone through previously, which makes me feel like you're in a decent amount of pain if it's really bothering you. So is this the leg that you broke? What do we think the issue?
Speaker 3: So there's a couple things that I think it might be. It is the leg I broke in the exact same spot that I broke in. There's a couple of things that the Instagram nurses have advised me.
Speaker 2: It might be.
Speaker 3: No one's diagnosing it, but they're saying what it might be. They're saying it could be necrosis, which is not good. And that's the whole reason I got the hardware put my leg was to fight the necrosis. It's like, I don't know exactly what it is, and I'm not going to pretend like I do. It could be like the hardware has jiggled loose or something and that's obviously causing a lot of pain.
Speaker 2: It could be an infection of some or like even.
Speaker 3: If I got sick or like got a cut on my foot that got infected, it could come up here and infect that. Or it could be like the femoral neck has this cartilage, dear laborum, my laborum cartilage could be really I'm angry, and like I've said, I'm just going to translate into the episode.
Speaker 1: Why would that affect you? Just pointed to your shoulder, which is where it is.
Speaker 3: No, so there, I think you have a shoulder laborum and a hip labrum. I think there's I think laboram is just a general term for like a socket.
Speaker 1: I'm looking up necrosis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's of.
Speaker 3: All those options, I don't know which one I would want.
Speaker 5: It to be the least, but yeah, maybe just a loose hardware that seems the most fixable.
Speaker 2: But it sucks, Yeah, and then like it'll feel better. I'll be like I'm back, I'm back to normal.
Speaker 3: And then we'll be sitting at dinner and like across my legs weird or something, and I think it's like a circulation issue, and so I might need to get my leg amputated.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna have to get your leg amputated. But it does says that necrosis is the death of body tissue in a curs when two little blow blood flows to the tissue, which sounds like it potentially could be that if you're saying that you feel like may sometimes you cross your legs something happens where you're not getting enough blood there.
Speaker 2: It's so weird.
Speaker 3: It's like, you know your your heart is obviously pumping blood through your body, and so when the pain really kicks in, it like hurts, and every time my heart beats and pumps, I can feel more pain because I feel like there's like a blockage of something down there, and that's like what's causing the pain, like a blockage of the blood vessels. So like every time the heart pumps, it just like triggers a bunch of pain receptors.
Speaker 2: It sucks. I don't wish this on anybody.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And the tough thing is is like we just got new insurance because we're married, we live in Vegas, and we just can't find a doctor. I thought you just like go to a doctor, you find a doctor that accepts your insurance, But no, they have to accept you as their primary care physician.
Speaker 4: I don't know, it makes zero sense.
Speaker 5: And he's like, this isn't emergency, and they're like, yeah, we'll get you in on the fifteenth to twentieth and he's like, no, I am in the most excruciating amount of pain. But again, our deductible is so insanely high, so we could go to the er, but then we're just going to be paying thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars.
Speaker 4: Insurance is a scam.
Speaker 2: It's a scam. I've been saying this for years.
Speaker 1: Insurance, well, insurance is definitely a little bit. I mean, it's important when you need it, obviously, but times like this where it's frustrating, Well, why what do I pay for if I can't cover anything? But you're, uh, you have to find a doctor. That makes sense. But I feel as if I'm going to talk to Ashley's dad about this because he knows obviously a lot in this department. I feel like you would be able to go to the er and then send the bill to your insurance and they'll be able to pay for it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I think I think I might just end up doing that.
Speaker 1: You need to go, yeah, like it just it just needs to happen, because I guess my fear would be that you just let it go on too long and then something does happen where you know, well, that's a you're going to lose your leg.
Speaker 2: But that would suck. I could I could bear losing my leg Like below the knee. I think I could be.
Speaker 4: Okay with that, but this is like growing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if I was like a full if it was a full leg, I'd be really really sad. If it was like a below the knee amputation, I'd be like.
Speaker 2: Oh, that sucks, Well, I'll survive.
Speaker 4: You're being so blase.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying I think I could manage that, but I wouldn't be able to manage a full leg amputation. Okay, But oh, what was I going to say?
Speaker 3: Oh, it's so strange because I obviously got my I broke my leg four years ago next month of be four years And this happens sometimes, not this exact situation, but like there's discomfort that I'm faced with sometimes, but then all of a sudden, it just like snapped into this like insane discomfort.
Speaker 2: And so that's just been my life for the past four days.
Speaker 3: And I feel bad for Kailin because like she's like, you know, we just checked into our hotel and carmel yesterday and I like sprinted to the bed, put the heating pad on and was there gunning and like screaming in agony, and she's just like walking around like can I help you? And I'm like, no, just leave me alone.
Speaker 5: He's cranky right fully, So, but now I feel like you'll understand a little bit when I'm pregnant in my pains. I feel like you'll have a little bit more empathy towards it. I don't know, because it seems like it's excruciating, so like maybe labor, I don't know. I feel like it gives you a good understanding.
Speaker 2: So this is a good thing for me. Then you're happy about this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when he's walking around on his one leg while you're pregnant, he'll have really good perspective on life.
Speaker 3: I just hope that I can keep my leg long enough to not pass that gene onto the kid, like you know, if i'm if I have one leg at the point of conception, then that kid might be.
Speaker 4: He thought that was so.
Speaker 2: Good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, laughter is the best medicine.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah. The last thing I'll say on his leg is.
Speaker 5: Okay, So his doctor's appointment maybe it's Friday, maybe it's not, We're not sure. Uh, And then he has to wait to get in with an orthopedist. So then it's it's literally going to be like another two weeks.
Speaker 4: So I think I.
Speaker 3: Vote er yeah, and you can't go to urgent care because the urgent care can't refer you to an Orthopedia said, oh, well, I just need to reiterate that.
Speaker 2: Yep. It's just it's mind blowing, and it's like I never go to.
Speaker 3: The doctor for anything, and like this is why. This is exactly why I never go to the doctor. Not this, but this is such a big reason why. Like I hate having to like call a bunch of places schedule something and then you can't go here because it doesn't accept your insurance. Oh you can't go here because you haven't set it up yet, or like it's just like so frustrating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyways, let's change the subject to something more positive. My arms feel really good.
Speaker 1: That's great. Upper bodies feeling good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what do you want to talk about today, Jared? Talk about Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, let's talk about Chris and Chris Harrison's wedding and l.
Speaker 1: And Lauren's wedding. Yeah, it was great. We feel very honored to be invited. I think I don't think I know that Ashley is closer with Chris than I am, so I'm definitely kind of a plus one in this situation. But I still. Of course I'm friends with Chris and I'm friends with Lauren as well. Lauren's the best I've gotten to know her over the past like five years. I guess. We actually went to a trip. It was funny. I went on a trip Ashley and I to Can't Coon for this partnership with E And it was me Ashley, Evan and Carly when they were still married, and Lauren, Lauren Zema and we were down in Can't Kuon and we were staying at the resort and it was a really fun time and it was great. And we were in a car, I think, driving to dinner and we were talking about dating and Lauren was like, well, I'm kind of kind of talking to someone someone, And of course we were like, oh, who is it. She's like, well, he's kind of in the public eye, so I don't want to say anything. And of course now we know it's Chris Harrison and she's talking to four Bachelor members. Yeah, so we're like brying her, like who is it? Who is it? And then I joked around and I said, has this person ever handed out a rose?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 1: And she kind of paused and she was like, well no, And I was like that's weird. So we start going through all Bachelor Nation members and we're like, are you dating anybody from Bachelor and.
Speaker 2: Then thinking it was like a former Bachelor or something.
Speaker 1: Former contestant, and then jokingly I was like, are you dating Chris Harrison? And then she said she was like no, no, no, no, like keeping it under wraps. She did a good job. And then, of course fast forward a few weeks later, it comes out that you know, Chris and Lauren are dating, and I was like, son up a I called it. So I felt very proud of that moment. So we were talking about that over the week two thousand before the pandemic. So eighteen tenty nineteen.
Speaker 3: Season five ish, So that's what you're saying.
Speaker 1: You were down there for filming, No, we were down in Cancun for different It was I think it was a partnership with Sandals resort. It was really nice. It was a beautiful resort, and they had a partnership with e And then they're bringing down some bachelor couples and they were putting his package together and so it was supposed to be three couples. It was me us, Carly and Evan and then Tanner and Jade. But Tanner and Jade bailed the last second. Love them, but god, they bail and everything. But it makes sense because we always joked about how they would always bail on things, but now having kids, were like, yeah, we bail on things to get it. So the wedding was in Austin and it was really nice. So Friday night was a bachelor get together and it was at their house at Lauren and Christ's house in Austin. Beautiful house and it was nice. So it was Caitlin was there, Jason was there. So that was weird because they both got invited.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I saw that it broke up weird, like were they weird to each other?
Speaker 1: It was normal, It wasn't weird. But of course there were you know, not tension. It was fine, They were fine.
Speaker 5: I wonder if it was more like everyone else was uncomfortable because they felt like they should, you know, they were probably uncomfortable, you know.
Speaker 1: I think it was just more kind of sadness more than anything. Because literally, so on the way home or home Jesus, on the way back to the hotel that night, in the uber was me, Ashley, Tanner, Jade, Caitlin, and Jason so it was a couple's uber pretty much, except there's two couples and then one couple that literally just broke up a couple of months ago, so that was it was just like, you know, of course we're talking, everything's fine, but you know, we had a couple of drinks at that point, so I think I could tell. It was just like a little kind of like sad, I guess. But and then Arian and Lauren were there, Bob Guiney was there, Who's the best? Ben and Jess Uh. There was just a ton of people there, Trista who's so sweet, Joe, Joe, Tasha, There's a lot of a lot of cool, a lot of people.
Speaker 5: So many how many people were there total.
Speaker 1: So the wedding itself was like two hundred. He was pretty big. So on Friday night was just Bachelor people. Was really nice and it felt very sweet because obviously Chris's exit has been you know, highly publicized. You know, you don't know how he feels about talking about Bachelor because it ended so badly, But it made me really happy to see that this the franchise that he was part of for so long that means so much to us, and like Chris means so much to us because he was in that world and really, you know, even though a lot of you know, production had a huge part of it, Chris had a big part of it as well. So it's really cool to see that he still holds that near and dear to his heart, Bachelor Nation, and he really does care. And so that was cool Friday Nights just to see him talking about, you know, us and the experiences that we've gone through and how much it means to him and the friendships and the love that has come from it. So that was really cool. Wells Wells was there. Wells and Ben spoke at the wedding. They were obviously great. So and then the wedding itself was like two hundred people, and then it wasn't supposed to be a wedding, it was supposed to be a big party. And then they announced Chris and Lauren and they came in and then they got on stage. It was, you know, really nice done. I'm sure you saw pictures. And they said that they had a little private ceremony, which we knew about a couple weeks ago in Nappa with just their family, but apparently at the ceremony they had a change of heart, and they actually really wanted to get married in Austin because it's their homes where they lived, and it just meant more to you know, meant a lot to them to actually say their vows and officially get married in Austin rather than now. So while they still had a small ceremony in Napa, they actually have they said, we're actually gonna get married right now and have a small ceremony. So they ended up bringing up the Efficient and then they had the ceremony there, which is really cool because we were not expecting that. And then they got married and then it was just a big party and it was cool because Harrison, uh, he just he leaned into it and he had a great night. Like the last song by the band. Harrison went up there and he goes, this is the final song of the evening, like a little band when you're ready. So it was just like it was cool, you know, like it was it was fun. And Lauren is just the sweetest, like she's I know, you guys know Lauren, She's just a freaking ball of energy. And she had a blast and it was cool seeing their family there and all their friends and it was fun. It was great, beautiful, food was great. It was very low key, like there was a buffet, line band. Yeah, it was fun. It was a great time.
Speaker 4: That's awesome. Who got the drunks great question.
Speaker 1: Definitely Kaylin, Caitlin, Kyleen So, Kaylin Friday and I got a little tips a little tipsy. Uh it was. It was very sweet. But uh, probably also because Jason was there right, you know, it's like, oh God, if you see your ex right there, let's just have a couple couple of pollai's. I would say, yeah, it looks.
Speaker 3: Pretty, it looks prety. Buddy buddy in that picture though, that big group picture.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I mean especially at the wedding. They they you know, everybody was getting together. Everybody had fun. There was no awkwardness or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Do you think they drunkenly hooked up with each other?
Speaker 1: I don't. I don't think they hooked up would be my guess. I don't know.
Speaker 5: Do you think that Jason is close with Chris or do you think that they were invited as a couple pre breakup?
Speaker 4: Because I didn't know Jason was that close with them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know. I don't know. If I had to guess, like, because here's the thing, Like, for example, I was actually thinking about this if if we got invited and then Ashley and I broke up before the wedding, I probably wouldn't have gone. I wanted I would love to be there and you know, be able to celebrate with Chris and Lauren. But I know Ashley is closer with Chris than I am, so I'd be like, well, you go, I don't think it makes much sense for me to go. And I was thinking that with Jason Kaylin. I'm like, I wonder if one of them didn't want the other one to go, But that was never brought to my attention. I have no idea if that was even a thing, And so I don't know how close they are, so truthfully I have I can't answer that. I don't know.
Speaker 5: It is interesting to see, like what leads Chris is closest with, you know, after all of these years, Like who he invited was interesting to.
Speaker 3: Do, Like some of the og people from the beginning, Sean Lowe was there and Catherine, but even Sean Lowe in the in the lifespan of the Bachelor, it doesn't seem like he's like that old right, like, what about some of these guys, like the first and the third and the fourth Bachelor of all time.
Speaker 1: I think he's close with Andrew Firestone, who I know was a bachelor. I forget what he looks like, but they were saying that. I remember Ashley saying like, oh, I'm surprised Andrew fire stunts out here. Maybe, like I'm sure there might have been people that were invited that couldn't have gone, but yeah, it feels like it was much more of like the more recent, more recent than anything, but would make sense, right, I mean, you guys just got married. I'm sure there's friends from college.
Speaker 2: That's true about it.
Speaker 1: Chris was the host for twenty years, so these people that he was that were the leads, and like the mid two thousands he probably hasn't seen in like legitimately fifteen years. Yeah, you know, you guys just went through it with your wedding. I'm sure there were many people that you were friends with ten years ago. You were like, shit, if this was ten years ago, maybe at my wedding, but yeah, not ten years ago, So I guess we don't invite him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, that's good that it was fun. What other questions do we have for him about the wedding. Your outfit looked really good.
Speaker 1: So I wore a cowboy hat. So, because so this is what happened. So obviously went to your wedding. You guys were cowboy chic, and then I had a little cowboy chic like I had the boots and like you know, Flannelton down. But I wasn't. I'm not a cowboy. So Ben was like, well, I have an extra cowboy had I for a woman to bring it. I was like, all right, I've never worn a cowboy hat in my life, but all right, I'll try it out. So he brought the hat. Obviously I wore it, and he gave it to me, that sweet sweet man. He gave me the cowboy I know it doesn't fit. He's got a tiny head and it was actually a little bit too big for my head. It did not fit Tanner's head. The little known fact Tanner's head is jy gantic. It's like abnormally sized. So but he gave me the hat. So I wore cowboy hat. Yeah, it kind of fun, pretty good. I don't know, do.
Speaker 2: You know how like what your size measurement is for your head?
Speaker 1: I think it was like, I think that was like seven and three fourths. Does that sound accurate?
Speaker 2: That's big. Seven and three quarters is big.
Speaker 3: I'm seven and a half seven and five eighths, seven and somewhere between that.
Speaker 1: I'm probably closer to you.
Speaker 3: I've always felt like I have a big head. Like I look at my body, my head seems disproportionately large compared to it. But then it's like, you know, Tanner is probably even bigger. And I would never even look at Tanner and be like, you got a big head. It's just such a funny thing.
Speaker 1: Normal size head huge, Caitlin, do you think the Dean's head is big?
Speaker 5: No, he always says this. He thinks he's got the biggest nogging in the world. But it's normal.
Speaker 2: It's so crazy. I've got a huge head but a tiny, tiny brain.
Speaker 3: Like the doctors like study it and they're like, this isn't this proportionally doesn't make any sense.
Speaker 2: I'm like, sorry, thanks.
Speaker 4: How'd you feel a better?
Speaker 1: But yeah, the wedding was super fun. It was really cool. It was uh, like I said, I think the best part of it was well, first and foremost Christ and Lauren getting married. That was really cool. To be able to witness, but also just seeing kind of you know, people haven't seen before, but excuse me, you haven't seen it in so long. Like last time I saw Jojo Jesus, I couldn't even peg five five years ago. There's really not much else to say about it. Food was great, everything was amazing. It was fun hanging out with Chris. We saw Alan. Alan was there at a loan of Molly. Uh. We were just wonderful. But then that was really it. It was cool. It's just a good time.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: It feels like it was like a high school reunion or something in like a good way, you know.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, a little bit like I said, just I mean, you guys know whenever we go, like yeah, even like your wedding. The last time I saw you know is it's oh, it's the best part about well, I'm not the best part of weddings, but the cool thing about you know, these weddings, whether it be ours or yours or Chris's, it's like you see people that you talk to, you follow their lives, but I don't get to see like I don't see Ben a lot. But yeah, I've gotten to see Ben at your wedding, and I got to see Ben at Chris's wedding. I don't see Wells a lot, but I got to see Wells at your wedding, so on and so forth. Like Alex, I mean Jesus, the last time I saw Alex was I think Bachelor Alive, which was like four five years ago.
Speaker 2: Oh Alex boardy.
Speaker 3: Well, what's nice about the wedding specifically in that regard is like if it's a random event with like iHeartRadio, which we love obviously, but we're seeing we're kind of like meeting some bachelor people for the first time, and while they're not like, you know, we love hanging out with them, but it's not like they are our friends at least at that point.
Speaker 2: And so when you go to a.
Speaker 3: Wedding, you're going like to Chris's wedding or to our wedding or to your wedding. It's like if there are friends or Chris's friends or your friends, then they're probably going to be like pretty close friends with everyone else that's being invited.
Speaker 2: From the bachelor circle as well.
Speaker 3: So like that just kind of like has a stronger foundation I think, you know, than like just a random bachelor meetup kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Also, it felt like a big wedding for a big weekend for Bachelor weddings. Tia Booth also got married last weekend. And I think Gary Becca's ex Mecca.
Speaker 5: Crufford, Oh, Jacob's Becky Jacobs Jacob, she just got married too, maybe like.
Speaker 4: A couple of weeks ago.
Speaker 1: But I think Garrett got because I still follow him on Instagram and I think he got married. So if that's the case, three people from Bachelor got married this past weekend. So yeah, big wedding weekend. Everyone's getting married. It's the cool thing to do.
Speaker 4: It's a trendy thing to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the only reason I did it was because it was just trendy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're a trend I'm a trendy guy.
Speaker 3: I was going to say something really funny, and I forgot what it is. I guess we'll have to settle with me being a trendy guy.
Speaker 1: I'm sure it's hysterical, bro.
Speaker 2: Yeah sucks. Well, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the pictures looked great. So I don't really understand the format of the wedding. You were saying they had like a private ceremony, but then came out and partied with everyone.
Speaker 2: Is that what happened.
Speaker 1: When we first got the invitation, it was said to be listen, this is not going to be there's gonna be no ceremony. We're doing a private thing. But this is a celebration and we want to bring everybody together and have a really good time. So it's going to be pretty much wedding. It's like a wedding reception. Pretty much. There will be no but you.
Speaker 2: Guys weren't present for the ceremony.
Speaker 1: Part. We were, but we were not there was there was going to be no ceremony. And then when we were when we first arrived and we were getting drinks, and then like, oh, well, this is it. This is the reception. Uh. Chris and Lauren came out and they were like, thank you so much for coming to Austin. It means the world to us. We're so excited a party with you and tonight and have fun. But before we do, we know we said that there was going to be no ceremony. We had a private ceremony a couple of weeks ago in Napa. But when we were doing this private ceremony in Napa, we realized that it actually was very important for us to get married in Austin because that's our home, it's where we live, it's where so much of our lives have been the past few years. And we realized that we actually don't want to do our vows and actually officially get married in Napa. We want to do it in Austin. So that's what happened. So then they were like, so we're going to actually we haven't getten, we haven't gotten married yet, and we're going to get married right now. So that's when the fishing came up. They exchanged vows blah blah blah blah blah, and that's that's what happened.
Speaker 4: And you're pas right.
Speaker 2: I heard all that, but I was I was asking more pointed questions, like there was the ceremony, but then it was just the party. But it doesn't matter, it doesn't matter. I'm on pain meds. I've got a slow brain.
Speaker 1: It's sorry, we all got slow brains, bro, But it was you know, another thing, quick thing was when Harrison Dude, I just missed that guy, like Jesse's great. I'm It's hard because I feel like if I say I miss Chris, it means I'm sitting on Jesse, which I'm nuts, like, I love Jesse. I think he does a good job. He is the nicest guy. I've gotten to meet him a couple of times. But man, just Chris was so good at his job, like even seeing his mannerisms when he's talking, like you just forget little things. Yeah, And when he said like this is the final song tonight, You're like, man, it's just like brought back memories and nostalgia and you're like you were, Ah, damn, that sucks. It's so good.
Speaker 2: I remember when I first met Chris.
Speaker 3: It was like de Mario had caused a scene because his girlfriend showed up on the bachelorette and then he like drove the car back up to the mansion that night, and I was like standing at the gate begging Rachel to take him back, and all the guys like rushed out in our suits because it was a real ceremony night, and you know, we're all like kind of drunk and trying to like figure out what's going on, and it's like chaos out there because there's twenty guys, cameras everywhere, producers everywhere, and then we see like the lights and Rachel's over there, and we're like, what are they talking about?
Speaker 2: And Chris is like kind of.
Speaker 3: Roaming around and I walk up to Chris and I've you know, it's like day two or three, and I'm pretty drunk, and I'm like, Chris, it's so good to see you. And he looks me in the eyes and he goes, Dean, really nice to meet you. I'm excited to get to know you better. And I was like, how the heck does this guy know who I am? I was blown away, and some of the other like Alex and Iggy, saw me have the interaction with him, and they were convinced that I was like a plant because they were like, there's no way that Chris should know everyone's name so far, especially let alone Dean's name, because I'm an afterthought in that sense at the beginning at least. And so it was just so interesting to me.
Speaker 4: Why do you think you were ups that?
Speaker 3: Because I was surrounded by doctors and lawyers and buff, tall, hot, handsome guys. I'm just like this tiny little guy that's like, hey, I recruit in Los Angeles and I make forty thousand dollars a year.
Speaker 2: I shouldn't be here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this tiny little six foot three, beautiful man, Like I feel like I could see well, I mean, it's very sweet that you're so Humbledean. But yeah, what I love about Chris two is in terms of, like, just if we're just talking about the host, Like, he's a great person who I love personally, but as the host, I love that he's very sweet and empathetic and sympathetic towards the women on the show. He's a little snarky and sarcastic towards the guys in the show. Oh yeah, I mean, I like, I kind of miss him making fun of us.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's actually really accurate too, because and I think probably why is because he sees so many guys come and go and girls come and go as well. But I bet you the guys on average are like they just let it all get to their heads a lot more, and so that's why he's like, I my, my, my, what would I say?
Speaker 2: My Candlewick is a lot shorter for the men.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that makes sense. I feel like him and a Lawn are similar in that sense. And the last time I saw both of them was at Sarah Walls's and Chris was so nice to me and was like, oh, you're doing well for yourself. And then he was like ragging on you, yeah, and talking about you, which I feel like Alan does the same thing. That's probably why they're such good friends too.
Speaker 2: Wait, there're talking crap about me.
Speaker 5: Well, like funny crap like everyone does, Like what are you doing with that guy who doesn't shower? Oh?
Speaker 3: Sure, I'm just an easy target. Everyone wants to give me crap. You know what, screw them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you got a big bulls eye on your back, bro, Yeah, I would agree. I think the lawn and are very similar in that, and so it's cool to see that that business relationship turned into a really good friendship as well. So that is my experience.
Speaker 3: Oh, I remember I was gonna ask, so Chris was definitely married before.
Speaker 2: Were his kids at their wedding?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So okay, both his son and his daughter both give speeches. Nice, so sweet because I think, again, similar to when I was at your wedding, I always like project myself into these situations. So when you guys, you know, talking about your mom, and then when he was talking about his dad, I think it's just I guess now being a dad, it just makes everything way more emotional. Ever, anytime I see a son speak because he's like he's like, you know, whenever he's like just, there's just that phrase like my dad, like I'm like man, like I just I can't even envision a day that Dawson is able to just talk to me. Uh. I don't know if I'm excited for it. I mean, I'm very excited for it because the opportunity to get older and see him develop into a man. But at the same time, I never want him to grow up. He's just at that perfect little smush age right now.
Speaker 4: Who watched Dawson follow you guys were there, Oh.
Speaker 1: He was with Grandma and Grandpa. So I'm in Virginia right now.
Speaker 5: Okay, So when you guys go on trips, you fly from Rhode Island to Virginia and then leave from Virginia.
Speaker 1: Typically, of times depends on how long we are away. It's not bad because it's literally in our flight and most of the time we're going south anyway, whether we're going southwest towards La or if we're going south still kind of southwest towards Texas. So yeah, that's our life right there. But anyway, so, yeah, his son gave a speech and he was twenty one, and it was just nice to hear him talk about Lauren entering his life.
Speaker 2: Was Lauren married before? Is this her first marriage?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she was married. So they both divorced, which I think which is why they didn't want a big They just wanted a party instead of this big, yeah, over the top wedding because they've already had one. But then it turned into, you know, obviously a wedding. And then Chris's daughter gave speech as well, and we got to talk to her for a while. Hell did she she was twenty nineteen twenty because she's a sophomore junior in college. We were talking about it, so and she's so sweet. She's so sweet. She looks like a dad. Not a bad thing. Chris obviously he's very handsome man, and she's very pretty. She's you know, girl version.
Speaker 3: This is probably a stupid question, but Chris's ex wife wasn't there?
Speaker 2: Was she?
Speaker 1: Not my knowledge? Okay, yeah, ilet's think about that too, but maybe like.
Speaker 3: Their friends and their co parents, I would imagine, so it's like, you know, you never know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, that's my two cents.
Speaker 2: Thanks for sharing, man. It sounds like it was a fun time.
Speaker 1: Hey anytime. Yeah, it was good. We were very uh lucky we were able to go.
Speaker 2: So did you stay in a cabin with Wi Fi? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Obviously. Listen, your wedding was spectacular. It was different. I don't know. I don't want to like this. Anybody.
Speaker 2: Don't this.
Speaker 6: Just say they're both fantastic. That's all, well, fantastic. God, I wish I had a tattoo from yours. It was just that line of so long, So did you end up? Are you getting a tattoo with Caitlin's grandmother? Has this happened yet?
Speaker 2: I forgot about that.
Speaker 4: She hasn't. She brings it up often, as she well should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's a lot of work to like schedule it and go in and do it.
Speaker 4: It's not you do it often.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 2: No, I never scheduled. I just show. I just text my guy and I'm like, hey, I feel like getting tattoo right now? Can I come in? He's like, yeah, I got an opening in an hour.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll plan a day, we'll get lunches there, we'll get tattoos.
Speaker 1: You should just text your guy and be like, hey, me and my wife's grandmother want to get a tattoo it Can we come in now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it'd be cool if we get a tattoo artists just to show up at their place and then we all get tattooed at their place. Because my grandpa just broke his femur, so he can't. He's not really super mobile at the moment.
Speaker 1: Your grandpa broke his femur. Yeah, that's like bad at his age.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we thought it was his hip.
Speaker 5: He already broke his hip, had a hip replacement, and it was just right below that in this femur thell do.
Speaker 4: He tripped on a curb walking the dogs.
Speaker 5: We thought because one of his dogs is like a little crazy an acy young puppy. We thought like he pulled him down, but just tripping. Which it's just so crazy. The older you get and like, your bones just become brittle, there's nothing you can do.
Speaker 1: I mean, they become as brittles Dean's leg. It's just quite sad.
Speaker 4: Dean is equivalent to my eight year old grandpa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thank you, I've got brittle bones.
Speaker 2: It's because I haven't drank milk.
Speaker 3: I used to drink a gallon of milk a week, and I haven't drank a gallon of milk.
Speaker 2: And since I was eighteen years old. Yeah, she was back on the milk train.
Speaker 5: I think that's the that's when you stop typically drinking milk is at eighteen. I think like that's when you're developed. Oh your bone strength, I'm.
Speaker 2: A doctor, makes you think that. That's interesting?
Speaker 3: Tell me more about that. So I got okay, cool. So what are you guys doing in Carmel, Poor Tom? We're shooting some stuff for Hundai. We're on a road trip with hun Day. We'll not ooh, but it's kind of like not like a sanctioned road trip. We're just like, yeah, let's go to Carmel and Big Surrey for Hyundai.
Speaker 5: We were going to do like the whole coast, but then Dean told me it's not as pretty as I think it is, so that we flew into San Francisco. Also would have been such a long way. We've been traveling so much. I was like, let's just like condense this a little bit. Find a San Francisco drive down two hours to Carmel, and then after this podcast, we're going to Bixer and going to explore. And one of our couple friends are Officiant and his girlfriend are out here with us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh nice.
Speaker 3: And the coastal drive is nice, but it's like, I don't know, if you ever drove from LA to Big Sir or to Monterey, it's just you're like fifty miles inland the whole way on the highway. It's just nothing really special. The best part of the drive is like right here in Carmel.
Speaker 4: But isn't there's a way to just take PCCh all the way up.
Speaker 2: Probably I've done it.
Speaker 3: I was thinking, I've done a few times in my van, and it's just you know, it's not it's not bad, but it's not as great as the big sur section.
Speaker 2: So for you know, this is like this is the place to be.
Speaker 1: But yeah, it feels like Dean's just making excuses because he didn't want to make the drive.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, one hundred percent. I didn't want to. I mean, it's not that I didn't want to come out here, but with my leg hurting, I was like, what if we just canceled this trip? But I'm glad we're here. It's been this yesterday. It was fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's nice. We we have like this gorgeous hot tub.
Speaker 5: And it overlooks like this little valley and vineyard, and so we just sat in the hot tub for like an hour last night and soaked his broken leg.
Speaker 3: It's funny we've I've stayed here before, and I was going to say that, Jared, you stayed here too, But no, it was when Ashley was dating Kevin and I was dating Leslie.
Speaker 2: We stayed here.
Speaker 4: Wait what you didn't tell me that?
Speaker 2: I thought I was. I was going to, but I couldn't find an appropriate time to stay it out come here.
Speaker 4: I remember that.
Speaker 1: I remember that Sking weekend, bro stupid.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember that weekend well as well.
Speaker 4: As well as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it was a terrible weekend, right Dan the worst.
Speaker 2: It wasn't fun for me.
Speaker 3: I don't think I actually had fun either, So, yeah, you're not too far off or that.
Speaker 1: I think you guys were commiserating in your misery.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, I mean I don't want to talk too much craft about other people. But every time we were alone, we'd be like, what are we doing? Why are we here with these people? I just wish I brought my golf clubs. The golf course out there looks pretty nice, but how can you golf?
Speaker 4: We like golf?
Speaker 2: I could do it. I could push through for golf.
Speaker 4: That's what makes me think you're faking.
Speaker 2: I could do it for golf.
Speaker 1: He could do anything for golf, but it not worth it. You got to go to the r first Friday.
Speaker 2: But what else do we want to cover this episode? I feel like we covered the two big things.
Speaker 5: Not that my hip is a big thing, but oh, our Colorado house fell through. We are no longer buying the property that we were supposed to buy. So last week, last week, I think we were flying out the next day to Colorado, and the appraisal came back literally an hour before our flight. So we're like heading to the about to head to the airport and we get a call from our lender and he's like, you probably should have wasted trip going out there, which was nice that we weren't already out.
Speaker 4: There, but yeah, the appraisal came back.
Speaker 5: They didn't us it was a manufactured home, so then the interest rate is completely different, the loan's completely different. They said it doesn't hold its value, so they built around a manufactured home, hit the ven numbers and really kind of made it pretty shady.
Speaker 1: What's a manufactured home?
Speaker 4: That's a good question.
Speaker 3: It was like manufactured off the lot, like probably in a warehouse, Like each wall was manufactured and then for lack of red word, like shipped out to the location and then put together on the location.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. So the house wasn't built up from the ground up and the location it is now. It was literally built in a building and then shipped over.
Speaker 3: Right, there's two houses on the property. One of them was stick built, the other one was modular built. And it's not necessarily a bad thing, but it does. It just doesn't have the same value as a stick built house.
Speaker 4: And that's the thing.
Speaker 5: It's like, if we're the house needed so much work, if we're going to put in all this work in this house and eventually want to sell it, then if it doesn't hold its value, it's kind of like what's the point.
Speaker 4: So we are back to searching.
Speaker 5: It was kind of a bummer, But again, I'm glad thankfully we fly Southwest because we have a companion pass so you can cancel up to ten minutes before, which is great. We got our money back, and yeah, so back back.
Speaker 4: To searching sucks.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, Okay, we'll figure it out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when the time is right.
Speaker 2: It just wasn't that.
Speaker 5: We would have been so unhappy in that house anyways, I know we were trying to it would have been cool because it had an ADU, which would be great for additional income, but it needed so much.
Speaker 4: Work and it was so expensive.
Speaker 3: That's not what I'm I'm just saying it would have been miserable no matter what in that house. I'm just trying to look at the positive.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, that house sucked.
Speaker 2: It sucked. It was the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, hell it was obviously what was in au d ADU.
Speaker 2: Additional dwelling unit. It's like all these terms.
Speaker 1: All these terms, these three letter abbreviations, because then honestly, it's just it sounds too similar to like an I U d a d UI. Yeah, and there's like an ia d or ied for something for Ashley's like act near some sh like that. I don't know, I get all this confused, and I in the d.
Speaker 5: U I are very similar. Well, now you do is first control, You know what a d U.
Speaker 1: I is definitely does.
Speaker 4: Not like not like you ever had one.
Speaker 2: You know what a d U I is a piece of joke.
Speaker 1: Meant like everyone knows what a d U I is, so howling gusing Carmel for just one more day.
Speaker 2: We leave tomorrow and then straight to the hospital.
Speaker 1: Straight to the hospital.
Speaker 2: Maybe maybe we'll see what are you doing this weekend?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: We never asked about what you doing this weekend?
Speaker 1: I am working. Uh, So we fly back today and then I we have a Golden Bachelor watch party tomorrow night at Audrey's for this women's veteran group. It's a Rhode Island women's veteran groups, so it's cool. It's it's a group that was created for uh, spouses of guys who start or women that serve and you know, who were brought to Rhode Island because that's where they're stationed and so they become friends and all this stuff. So we're having a watch party for that group, which would be a lot of fun. And then Friday night Trivia baby, and you know, just putting Christmas decorations up, which is very exciting. Sunday you get to watch the Pats lose.
Speaker 4: You do trivia every Friday.
Speaker 1: If I'm there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I've do you feel like you're getting smarter?
Speaker 1: No, I don't remember. A lot of the answers, plus a lot of a lot of the questions because I just have no ambition to like look up trivia questions. I can't tell you how many trivia questions I've looked up over the past year and a half. I mean thousands upon thousands, more than thousands, honestly, because i do forty every Friday night, and I've been doing it for I've had to do like at least forty up till now, because I'm trying to think fifty two weeks in a year.
Speaker 4: And what does the winner get of Trivia sixteen?
Speaker 1: So the winners to the top three teams all get prizes. The third place gets a ten dollars gift cards, second place gets twenty dollars gift card, and first place gets not only a thirty dollars gift card. But if I have Sundays with Joe grocy Storgoe's Pasta sauce, they win a jar of that, or they'll win a bag of Audrey's coffee, which is generous coffee. Or they can pick out a sweatshirt Audrey sweatshirt if they want.
Speaker 4: That's cool. Yeah, we need our own brand to promote there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yay, you guys should come play trivia.
Speaker 4: Honestly, Dean is so good at trivia.
Speaker 3: I'm really dumb, but I'm really good at trivia.
Speaker 1: Most of my trivia is pop culture based.
Speaker 4: Oh i'd crush it.
Speaker 1: So I got a cater. You know a lot of t swift questions in there.
Speaker 2: Who is Travis Kelce dating? Right now?
Speaker 4: That's way too freaking easy, I know.
Speaker 1: I Well, honestly, what I asked was because there was one night where there's like a bunch of girls in there, and I was like, what is Travis Kelsey's number?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Nice?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: Kaylin?
Speaker 4: Stumped? Stumped? Maybe four? Maybe ten?
Speaker 2: Maybe four?
Speaker 4: God is my homesport?
Speaker 2: Mahomes is not four?
Speaker 4: What is Jarvis?
Speaker 2: He's eighty seven?
Speaker 4: Eighty Never would have gotten that.
Speaker 3: That's a that's a good question, all right, bonus points Calen, what's gronk Kowski's number?
Speaker 2: I'll give you a hint.
Speaker 3: We just said it ten now, four eighty seven?
Speaker 1: What number was Tom Brady?
Speaker 4: Four? Oh?
Speaker 2: My god, give you saying the same number over and over again.
Speaker 4: Someone's for what number was Brady?
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think real quick. Was he twelve?
Speaker 4: It's eighty for Brady?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 1: That was the movie that was eighty years old. Not eighty the number.
Speaker 7: Oh okay, oh what was John Alway's number? Who's John Elway the most prolific quarterback in Denver? Bron He defined a generation ten? Say this your numbers?
Speaker 3: Calen actual only knows three numbers.
Speaker 2: John ila Ward number seven. If you're gonna live in Colorado, you have to know that.
Speaker 4: I just ordered.
Speaker 5: I was gonna surprise you a vintage Broncos Bomber jacket and it is so cool.
Speaker 4: Wow, I can't wait for to see you wear it Broncos games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're gonna surprise me with your jacket? Do I get one? Okay? Cool? Cool?
Speaker 5: Cool?
Speaker 2: Cool?
Speaker 1: All right, Well I think that's gonna do it for this week's episode.
Speaker 3: Great job guys, well, Jared, Yeah, thanks for sharing about your experience at Chris's wedding.
Speaker 2: What's your next wedding? Are going to? Since you guys are so popular?
Speaker 1: Dude, thank god, we don't have another wedding. We'll not, thank god, but needs like just these trips. Yeah, we don't have any weddings coming up. Oh you know what the next wedding is. It's probably Nick. Oh yeah, that's not until like April.
Speaker 3: Nice. Yeah, we didn't get the invite to that one. I'm not surprised. I'm surprised, all right, Well, my little sucky So that was a great sucky episode. Thank you so much for joining us, Calen so much for sharing your three favorite numbers with us, and Jared, thanks for sucking with us as well.
Speaker 2: Anytime anytime sounds good, sounds good to me.
Speaker 1: I'll suck with you anytime, guys.
Speaker 3: Well, Suculater, thank you so much for listening to this week's episode. Be sure to tune in next week where maybe we suck each other.
Speaker 2: No, a little bit less.
Speaker 4: I didn't like that.
Speaker 2: Thanks for listening.
Speaker 3: Follow us on Instagram at help We Suck at Being Newlyweds and email.
Speaker 4: Us at Newlyweds at iHeartRadio dot com.
Speaker 1: Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. We'll see you next time.