Speaker 1: We're making sound fridge stew today. It's one more thing.
Speaker 2: Our executive producer Hanson had a good idea. We only have a couple of clips, so we're wondering what to call cleaning out the sound fridge, cleaning out the mini fridge. This is like your dorm fridge. We're cleaning out the dorm fridge today.
Speaker 1: I liked mine better, and I'll tell you why, because I was thinking of Katie when you said the other day, Katie, that you'll go to AI and say, hey, I got this, this and this and my fridge.
Speaker 2: What should I make?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it'll give you a good recipe and all. So we've got some stuff we haven't touched at all in the sound fridge. We have some stuff that we used on the show but deserves another look. And also, I feel like we're asking AI to make us sound fridge stew.
Speaker 2: Speaking a stew which reminds me of soup. I've been on a kick lately. I can't get enough of grilled cheese with tomato soup. Oh so good god? Is there anything better than a grilled cheese sandwich dipped in tomato soup? Oh my god?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't love tomato soup, but ass soup in general is it's a beautiful thing. Yeah. I like beef barley soup with grilled cheese.
Speaker 2: Sam, I'm got fantastic.
Speaker 3: And some guy broke that down, the grilled cheese and tomato soup, and they said, it's kind of like pizza because it's the bread, the cheese, and then the tomato that is the flavor.
Speaker 2: You're right, that's why I like it so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's not to like? All right, So you wanted to revisit a couple of things.
Speaker 2: Huh uh, yeah, I think we should play this so you'll know ahead of a time. This is the sound of a guy pulling a four thousand pound car with his testicles. Please, gon'd be careful. Oh my god, he's doing it.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 2: And his sister said.
Speaker 1: We're so proud of him.
Speaker 2: And you said, that's the first time anybody's ever done that in Great Britain or whatever, which is surprising.
Speaker 1: Well, given the BRIT's long history, Michael, in their empire and the rest of it as a colonial power, for instance, you'd have thought they'd have come upon an occasion we're pulling a car with your testicles would be handy but no, it never happened.
Speaker 2: But is that a feat of strength or is it just hoping they don't pull off of you?
Speaker 1: It's effing stupid and lunatic.
Speaker 2: Is there a video? And did you see it? And how what's the what's the harness like?
Speaker 1: It's like a long orange silk. It's called a scarf. It's it looks more like a strap than a scarf to me. But I don't know. I don't know. This guy was trying to draw attention to men's mental health, which he did, but just not the way he thought.
Speaker 2: You don't have it, you see, is the way you Okay, well, there you go again.
Speaker 1: A key quote from the post game interview was and I quote when I'd finished my I'm sorry there ought to be. When I'd finished, my plums were bright purple. But I'm still firing on all cylinders.
Speaker 3: All right, every woman in the world thinking.
Speaker 2: Hot, yes, husband material, yeah, yeah, all right. I want you to father my children and be their role model if you can. Now you can now, probably not for a little while, give me a week or two.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, in Portland.
Speaker 2: I'm a reptile girl, so we're here for the snakes.
Speaker 1: I've never hung out with a snake, and I'm super excited to hold one or touch one inhale.
Speaker 2: Come up, mountain arms. We have your arms in the air.
Speaker 1: Say hey, Gemma. Gemma is one of my favorite snakes and snake yoga.
Speaker 2: It's just a different vibe.
Speaker 3: It's just like super relaxing and calming, and especially the big snakes on you.
Speaker 2: Hedge of a.
Speaker 1: He is one of my favorite snags.
Speaker 2: Not a single man in that clip. Yeah yeah, so kind of reverse to what you're doing earlier. Every guy in the audience saying hot.
Speaker 3: There's more than a big snake on you.
Speaker 2: That's what she said. I want you to be the mother of my children.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, python's up to seven feet longer, brought out by the staff one at a time, along with one baby Colombian common boa named Mango.
Speaker 2: I want to combine the giant snake yoga with the goat yoga and watch nature tickets. Course. Well, you wouldn't think they could swallow a whole goat, but they can.
Speaker 1: The handlers drape them over students' shoulders or bellies. But snakes also start winding their way around and climbing up people's bodies.
Speaker 2: Well that's one of my one of my weird fears I have and I've never lived than a part of the world where giant snakes do this. But the idea of snake wrapping itself around me and squeezing me to death. Ah, I hate the thought of that. Any movie or TV show where that, like the snake is making its way around the neck, it's just like, ah, I can't have it.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know that Portland has ever been better summarized, maybe by Portlandia Fred Armison's genius hilarious show. But then my son declan musician hipster and you'd think a perfect Portland here. But he said, as he moved away from it, he said, yeah, I want to live somewhere kind of hip and cool, but not somewhere that's so up its ass about how hip and cool it is up its own ass. It's like, oh my god, you people are self conscious and and you're trying so hard.
Speaker 2: Do you bend forward or backward for that?
Speaker 1: Well, that's up to you. It depends how much snake you ogime you've taken, right, flexible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, performative, performative hipsterism is its own thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well said yeah, this is Katie, do you want to set this one up fourteen? Uh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So we did the story.
Speaker 3: I think it was a couple of weeks ago about that trans woman. So it was a dude that thought he was a woman.
Speaker 1: Mentally ill dude who masqueraded as a woman. Right, he had been surgically mutilated.
Speaker 3: Yes, And he went to the hockey game in Rhode Island and killed his ex wife, one of his kids, and then his I think his father in law. Well, his son scored a goal in double overtime, taking Air high school hockey team to the championship.
Speaker 2: And this is that clip. It was overtime.
Speaker 3: I got caught on offense a little bit there, and my good buddy Cam just fed me a puff and I just hear the crowd.
Speaker 1: That's that's nice. That's nice that the kids still playing. He'd almost have to, my god, keep living your life. It's the only way to not succumb to the horror of it all up.
Speaker 3: And the way that the team just went all around, I mean, it was it's a it's a cool redemtion. Like I don't want to call it redemption because he didn't do anything, but you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, It's funny because it is a nice story, but I've heard it presented with like and and the young man he no, his mom and sister are still slain by his mentally ill father persevering and his grandpa. Y Am, but good lord awful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I guess you know the lesson you'd take from that, it's not the end of happiness. Joy joy for life is not over because of what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I'm never going to tell anybody how to grieve. But one of the most powerful things I've ever heard is that person that you're grieving, and it's like really weighing on your life. What would they want for you? And do your best to do what they would want for you. It's a good way to channel, you know, the emotion of it.
Speaker 2: Uh, not grieving anybody currently. That sounds fantastic. If I were grieving someone and someone told me that, I might punch him in the face. So it depends on where, you know, where I am in the process. I don't know. Luckily, I'm not in that situation right now.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: That crowd went nuts, so they fully understood what was happening obviously. Oh yeah, Yeah, that was quite the expulsion of joy, love that, well, I guess that's it.