Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong Show, Gatty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getki and no Hee Armstrong and Getty Strong And.
Speaker 3: Welcome to a replay of the Armstrong and Getty Show. We are on vacation. But boy, do we have some good stuff for you? Yes, indeed we do.
Speaker 2: And if you want to catch up on.
Speaker 3: Your ang listening during your travels, remember grab the podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. You ought to subscribe wherever you like to get podcasts. Now on with the infotainment, we're gonna there are all sorts of interesting things happening during the transition, many of which are not getting much attention in the dominant media that we're gonna touch on real quickly. But why not this topic just briefly. This is from frequent correspond to JT and Livermore talking about how in twenty sixteen, Trump's victory spawned the resistance with the paintcats and the He's not legitimate, He's a stooge of pootin Russia Gabe.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Trump's twenty four victory spawned a new TDS based sickness in which the crib every left cuts off their friendships and family relationships, seemingly as a form of virtue, signaling about how awful it is that the basket of deplorables, the bitter clingers in the garbage, have voted Trump into office. Then he gets into the insanity and the lefty leadership and pundits and media. They paid this election as an existential threat to the country. Then after they lose, those same people said that it was because our country was so misogynistic in racist, deplorable, bitter garbage. Then they validated their hateful rhetoric by telling distressed lefty voters that it was appropriate to cut off family and friends voting for Trump, which was worse the hateful rhetoric and lies against Trump and every Trump supporter or that post lost narrative, that's appropriate to cut off all Republicans from your life. It's so sad, And you know, there's part of me that thinks, you know, if I had a friend or relatives say that, I'd say good go go bye bye, but that that would almost validate the idea of it's appropriate to end relationships over politics.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that's you know, I don't know.
Speaker 4: That's easy to say if I don't think about a specific person, but like about you, or not talk to either one of my brothers ever again because of how the election went, that would be horrible.
Speaker 2: Right exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's it's incredibly dysfunctional and like childish and or adolescent. It's just what a state our politics are in. And then finally, or as it is in our politics is in or our mess at the end, I'm going with r and speaking of crazy, I want to squeeze this in. Did you see or did you hear that AOC has taken the pronouns out of her social media bios? Hm, social media accounts? Isn't that interesting?
Speaker 4: Wow? Bill Maher had a thing about that on Friday night. Maybe we'll have to grab that on because he was comparing it to the Oh it's because they're sexist and racist and not because liberals have started using pronouns and claiming there's no such thing as a difference between a man and a woman all these other different things that almost nobody in America agrees with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then this same person pointed out that when Seth Molten said, hey, I got a couple of little girls in sports. I don't want them run over by a boy playing sports. He was compared to a Nazi collaborator, a monster, and one of his top staffers quit. So you know, look, Trump is what Trump is. It's pretty well documented what Trump is at this point. But y'all at that like one third of the farthest left in America, y'all are nuts. I think everybody's recognizing it more and more saying it openly. Yeah, all that stuff you've been making us do, that's cuckoo nuts. Transition wise, we trust Axios more or less. Now, why isn't that Jonathan Swan's outfit? Oh yeah, yeah, that pretty sure.
Speaker 4: They got a headline today, massive blow up between Musk and Trump advisor that I don't recognize the name over cabinet picks as each jockey for influence. The next Bob Woodward book or somebody's book is going to have about the whole Musk Trump thing and what's going on, because there's a fair amount of reporting about Musk being in like involved in everything, every decision, every cabinet pick, all the foreign leader calls, and just what is going on there exactly well, and even if you're used to being in the highest reaches of presidential power.
Speaker 3: It would have to be at least surreal to sit there in a room telling Elon Musk No, you're out of your mind.
Speaker 2: That's a dumb idea.
Speaker 3: Or it's probably weird for Elon to you know, if anybody's telling him that, to think, Okay, who are you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So a couple of stories about to transition and the the way the transition affects the rest of the world. Smugglers are telling migrants again, when did immigrants become migrants? And ironically we're going to talk about farm workers. It used to be immigrants actually were migrants. They would migrate to the United States, they would work for six months or whatever, then migrate back to Mexico and back to their homes. Now these people from Venezuela, for the one of the first times in history, they're not migrants at all, and now we're.
Speaker 2: Supposed to call them migrants. Shut up anyway.
Speaker 3: Smugglers are telling illegal immigrants to rush to the US before Trump takes power. The Coyotes are anticipating US border policy changes and are rushing as many people as they can to the border to make as much money as possible.
Speaker 4: It's more profitable than drugs. Now, well that makes sense. I mean things are going to change very quickly. Yeah, oh yeah, absolutely. But the Coyotes follow the news. They know what they're doing.
Speaker 3: Also transition news, the Energy Department has quadrupled their lending budget and a rush to approve green energy loans before Trump takes office. In other words, the Biden administration is going to hand out as much of your tax money as they possibly can before they're out the door to their cronies in the green energy world, knowing that they can count on their votes next time, or for Congress or the Senate in two years or whatever. Department of Energy Loan office quadrupled it's available lending budget over two hundred and forty billion dollars last week, as Biden officials rushed to approve a flurry of green energy loans, even as it's becoming more and more clear that, for instance, the EVY thing is just not going to pan out. The numbers aren't there, the environmental impact isn't there. None of it's there. It's just handing out money to cronies. Let's say one more, Ah, this is important. The Customs and Border Patrol that Trump is going to take hold of and Mike Homan is it and just completely whoop into shape. Well, Biden's active too. The Biden Harris Customs and Border Patrol has rolled out new pronouns for its official web meetings as they have zoom calls and the rest of it. Then this is new. They want to make sure this is instituted in the CBP before they go. You can now put your pronoun up there in your official profile.
Speaker 2: It's on the screen for your name, free meeting.
Speaker 3: Brother.
Speaker 2: That's great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, isn't that just desperate and stupid? And it'll be rolled back immediately. Yeah, and there's a sister story to that. The online guide that the Customs and Border Patrol. Let's see what else could they be doing? Hmm, nothing I could think of. The online guide posted by the federal government directs the good folks to you see Davis, only a few miles away from the radio ranch.
Speaker 2: Who's you see Davis?
Speaker 3: Lgbt e QIA Recourse Center list fifty potential pronouns a person may choose.
Speaker 2: Fifty fifty cautions fifty seems like a lot.
Speaker 3: Oh no, no, no, you're exactly wrong. You you monster, you you garbage, you deplorable, you clinger. It cautions readers that the list is not exhaustive, it is only partial, and it explains, in case you're unfamiliar with this, what are pronouns? All? These did go first the strunken white English usage thing. But pronouns are integral to who we are, and we share pronouns because we want to avoid assuming someone's pronouns based on factors like appearance. By sharing our own pronouns routinely, we encourage others to do the same. Blah blah blah. This is straight out of radical queer theory, radical gender theory. Common pronouns include she here, there's, he, him, his, etcetera. But then they get into the actual how to use them and how you have to memorize them. For instance, he laughed, ask him that's his pen? That pens his? Did he enjoy himself?
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going to so far. Am I five years old? Or am I just moving here from Russia?
Speaker 3: Well it depends do you use a co as your pronoun? Co laughed? Ask Co, that's Co's pen that pens cos?
Speaker 2: Did Co? Did Co enjoys co self? Does Core? Does CO have a penis? Or a vagina. That's what I want to know.
Speaker 3: V that's v's pen uh ask viz that's ver pen And I would have to pen and I would have to memorize fifty plus of these? Did V enjoy verse self? Yeah, you better get started verse self? Okay, And that's just like the first dozen. And remember, folks, you got like forty eight more to memorize.
Speaker 4: God, I would look to be I would love to be involved in the meetings where they come up with these and sit there and listen to people present new ideas and then how they're going to be used and and act like this is going to sweep the world and everybody will be doing it soon.
Speaker 3: Oh I know, and like ending your career if you don't go along with it. In academia right now, we have some reasonable conservative, sane, you know, moderate lefty folks even saying yeah, dudes, I totally agree with you. But here at the English Department, for instance, you see Davis. If I dare not use my pronouns, my career's over.
Speaker 2: So g Oh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, As I've said before, I have a professor friend who retired early because he did not want to do that at that very university.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he if he could have held on a couple more years, But you know, a couple more years of being forced to your knees to submit to something you know is insane is a long time. But I think we all and I'm against obscenities in a public place. So if you would like to use the radio friendly version, I'm about to. We need to get used to this phrase. We need to get used to saying it. We need to say it with confidence. That's effing nuts, that's effing crazy, or that's effing stupid.
Speaker 2: We're not gonna tell you which of those to choose. It's up to you. You're an American. You got the First Amendment.
Speaker 3: When somebody says, you know, when when Professor Jones comes into the room, you've got to say Z laughed, Ask her that errs pen that pennzers did Z enjoys her self?
Speaker 2: You say, uh, that's effing nuts.
Speaker 3: There you go. You see how it works. Our system's a lot simpler than theirs. There's less memorization.
Speaker 2: O my god, that's funny.
Speaker 5: Jack Armstrong and Joey The.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 4: They were talking about ratings on msn this morning. I think because CNN and MSNBC's ratings are so low. I'm looking up at Fox right now and there's Carl Rove and it reminded me so my brother loathes Carl Rove. And it's because in twenty twelve, during the entire election cycle between Mitt Romney and Barack Obama, Karl Rove was going on TV every day explaining how Mitt Romney is gonna win and the mainstream media is misleading you, and it's gonna be hilarious on election Day when everybody figures this out. And then after it wasn't even close, my brother came to the conclusion that he was being lied to by Fox News. That's exactly what is going on with that huge drop off on CNN and specifically MSNBC right now, because after an entire election season of all those people laughing at the idea that Donald Trump could possibly get elected and here's why the polls are wrong, and here's how crazy you would have to blah blah blah blah blah. Then you wake up on election day or the day after and finance.
Speaker 2: Oh, you are all lying to me. That was all a bunch of crap. I think it is a kicking the gut.
Speaker 3: Mit I think you need to add the delicious icing of this to that cake. And that would be the absolute hair on fire, hyperbolic. He's Hitler fascist, There'll never be another an election, blood running in the streets. And then the next day there's Joe Biden, you know, shaking hands with the guy.
Speaker 4: Come on, and that's true. So you combine those two things, cut the crap. You combine those two things and you would have to like reorient yourself as to what you're gonna pay attention to or care about, because oh, you guys didn't actually care and uh and you were lying. So okay, now I need to find something else to do with my time. So I'm still reading Bob Woodward's Oars, and there's some those books are so clipping good. It's a shame nobody reads them, because nobody does. But the right into the part where the Ukrainian War is about to start in this book, and Biden had just gotten off a long phone call, the longest phone call he'd ever had with Putin. They were on the phone for an hour on a Sunday morning, and Biden was really laying into him about how what a horrible idea it would be to invade Ukraine.
Speaker 2: And everything like that. Putin was explaining.
Speaker 4: Why he had to do it, and you're planning to put nuclear bias blah blah blah blah. Anyway, Biden gets off the phone and says, he aft it up. He effed the whole thing up. And the people around him are like, what are you talking about, and he's like, Brock, he effed the whole thing up by doing nothing. In twenty fourteen, when Putin went in to Crimea, all he did was signal to Putin that he can get away with anything.
Speaker 3: Brock aft this up? And I thought, how is that not a headline out of the book, the fact that Joe Biden lays at Barack Obama's feet the responsibility for going into Ukraine. Wow, you got one side of the media that's utterly dishonest and nothing to see here. He said something mean about Trump on page two hundred and thirty, and then the other side of the media doesn't read what words so right?
Speaker 4: Really interesting that that was Biden's response. You know, he might be rewriting history in his own memory. I have no idea, but he portrayed it as he was pushing Barack Obama, we got to push back or putin will think he can get away with anything. And that doesn't sound like Joe Biden to me and his and his response afterwards.
Speaker 2: So I don't know, but I thought that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, I realized the irony of it that the feckless, gutless Joe Biden is calling his boss very feckless and gutless. But the man who is f andng if you will, he's the last guy who wants a problem shoved down the road to him, you know what I mean. So that's you know, if you were like a strong and decisive guy, you would say, yeah, Barack Obama's a coward and he f this up and now I've got to deal with it.
Speaker 2: I'm going to deal with it well.
Speaker 3: And the difference being Biden says, yeah, I'm just gonna say don't.
Speaker 2: Don't.
Speaker 4: And to Joe Biden's credit, I mean compared to Barack Obama, I mean, he was Eisenhower in terms of supplying Ukraine with an ability to push back. Because Barack Obama is correct, Barack Obama did nothing got him into the chapter right now where we sent over CIA director Burns to talk to Zelensky, this is right before the invasion happens, and sits down with him and says, look, it's gonna happen like next week, and this is what they're gonna do. And Zelensky doesn't believe it, and all the europe major European leaders don't believe it. Part of it is because we couldn't lay out all the information we had because we actually had a human being in the Kremlin, so that's where we're getting our info, So we couldn't like lay out how we know how we knew this, but we knew it was gonna happen, and Zelensky was like, surely not, it can't or maybe you know his he was hoping it couldn't be true because it's just horrifying. Burn said, they're going to roll in here and their first job is going to be to try to kill you. So what is your security situation like they've got They're gonna come straight to keep It's gonna take him like six hours. They're gonna be setting out special forces throughout the city hunting for you, trying to kill you. Can you imagine getting that information from the Sea High director of the United States.
Speaker 2: Holy crap, I would say, just completely overwhelming.
Speaker 3: As a former YouTube star who's now president of the country.
Speaker 2: Good Lord, that would be some info. Togain, I don't care.
Speaker 3: You might be the most seasoned chairman of the Joint chiefs of Staff. That would still be overwhelmed.
Speaker 1: The Armstrong and Getty show, Yeah, or Jack or show podcasts and our hot lakes see Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 3: I've just become aware of Scott Jennings because he has been hiding from humanity on CNN. But I love the cut of his GiB. I love his act. He's calm, he smart, he's reasonable. I posited last hour that gen X would save the world, and I realized that somewhat self serving, as we are on the older end of gen X. But gen X known for kind of a cut the crap. Don't don't mess around with us, just give us the straight scoop. Feel not terribly ideological.
Speaker 4: I like you pitched us as not hippies, not uh not not hippies on the one end, not needing coloring.
Speaker 2: Books and puppies to deal with bad news.
Speaker 3: On the other end, right, just for goodness sakes, can we can we speak plainly to each other. Is kind of sort of and I've always mocked a generation thing, but it's kind of sort of the feel of gen X anyway. I love that with Scott Jennings essentially, And this is my rallying cry today and probably for a long time. Cut the crap, Scott is saying, cut the crap. Obama deported lots and lots of people. You had nothing to say, so cut the crap.
Speaker 2: It's crap, all right, all right, thank you?
Speaker 3: And then you know I've got all I've got a million examples. You've got this stuff from the University of California, Davis, which is advising the federal government on how to be a woke ally for the Alphabet Soup crew, and they have stuff like, instead of saying someone was born a boy or a girl, try saying they were as signed male at birth. These terms recognize the difference between section gender and emphasize the way in which section gender are not binary or immutable. They can be chained. No, cut the crap. A man can't become a woman because he takes hormones. You start ovulating, call me back, all right, then I'll concede you're a woman. Cut the crap. Thought this was brilliant from Gerard Baker. I'm gonna hit you with some of it. He's an opinion writer for mostly the Journal, but Jack jump in anytime you want, obviously, and he talks about Trump's election is a bit of an Emperor's new clothes moment for American maybe the rest of the West, to an overdue recognition and repudiation of the regime of oppressive insanity we've been subjected to for a decade or more. I think everybody's saying, yeah, man, well said, especially in blue states. And you know, I'm gonna issue a battle cry toward the end of this.
Speaker 2: I understand you're working like is it gonna sound like that? It's a lot like that. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe you're working at the infamous Uh you see Davis or Berkeley in California and you're like, dude, I would love to fight against this stuff. But but but, and so it's always with the caveat of uh, do what you can. But I'll tell you this, I can practically guarantee no matter where you work, you live, you worship whatever, if you stand up to the crap and you say cut the crap, you're going to see a bunch of people, maybe a few, maybe a ton, are going to say, yeah, what he said. They're just waiting for someone to call the emperor on having no clothes anyway, did your R.
Speaker 2: Baker's piece?
Speaker 3: For a decade or more, Yeah, Even when Republicans have been nominally in control, we've been led by peddlers of a set of ideas that have clothed our institutions in the country in social and political doctrines, fake claims, and strictures that have inflicted untold harms. The fancy new items of invisible attire that our nation's rulers have made us wear for too long include these. The idea that people who have stolen into this country illegally should be showered with all the rights and benefits of citizens, that it is immoral to deny them those rights, and that they should instead be treated as victims of persecution and given sanctuary in our crowded and fiscally strained cities.
Speaker 2: Call bullss on that that's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: The idea that a nation that sits atop one of the greatest reservoirs of natural energy resources on Earth should forcibly restrain itself from exploiting them to save the planet on the basis of politicized science, while other countries are free to do much more damage to the global environment.
Speaker 2: That's a good Gavin. Cut the crap. That's a good one.
Speaker 3: At the risk of going off on this as I did last hour, meaningless effectless gestures in the face of all the other countries on Earth doing what they're doing. You know, if you were going to do some good, come to the table with that argument. Say, yeah, we got to risk damaging the economy and poor people are going to stay poor, and inflation's gonna rise because energy prices affect everything. But look that it's lowered emissions twenty percent globally, except it hasn't hasn't done anything, So cut the crap. Here's another good one, the idea that after a century and a half of progress in solving and soothing America's original sin of racism and making the country more equal, we are suddenly obliged to believe that America is as oppressive.
Speaker 2: As it was in sixteen nineteen, and that the.
Speaker 3: Best way to write the past wrong of treating people based on the color of their skin is to treat people based on the color of their skin.
Speaker 2: God, I hope that's over. I really hope that's over.
Speaker 3: What we all hope for is those radicals just nasty people. Don't have the juice to end your career anymore. Because your management, your corporate godfathers are such cowards. They're not going to stand up to the crap. It's easier to fire you, and they'll say on the way out. You know, Jim, I'm really sorry about this. I mean, it's really unfortunate they don't have the balls to say because you said nothing wrong, but these people are so mad. I'm gonna capitulate to them, but that's what they're thinking, stand up to it.
Speaker 4: I'm less optimistic on the illegal immigration part because I've been fooled before. But on the trans and anti racist and what was the other one I was going to include in that it'll come to me.
Speaker 3: But on a couple of those, is it possible? Oh, the climate change? Is it possible.
Speaker 4: We're on the other side of those, and we just all, unfortunately, those of us of a certain age, just lived through this really weird time. Yeah, we're things. People said all kinds of crazy stuff and you had to.
Speaker 2: Go along with it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we're at this stage of it where the troops are rallied. Were aware, we're fired up. But you got to remember the enemy is absolutely running our nation's educational complex right now, and our media and entertainment. But education is the most insidious part because they're indoctrinating our kids. So, yeah, the battle has just begun. Here's another great one, another one of these insane ideas that we've been forced to pretend are not idiotic. The idea that children should, without parental consultation or consent, be free to choose their gender, be assisted by the state in committing acts of self mutilation to do so, and all on the understanding that we have repealed millennia of science and just discovered there's no such thing as biological sex.
Speaker 2: Full ass, cut the crap.
Speaker 4: I think that one is the biggest anchor around Gavin Newsom's neck if he tries to run for president, how's he gonna how's he gonna deal with that.
Speaker 3: Expiring experimenting on and mutilating children because they're momentarily confused and adolescence.
Speaker 4: And Gavin signed in law the idea that the schools can keep it a secret from you, so that in fact, they must. How does how does he deal with that? I want that's one of the reasons I want him to run. I want him to be beaten like a drum for these reasons, because it's important to defeat this crap.
Speaker 2: There's a little more.
Speaker 3: More of the Emperor's new clothes that people have just been walking around silently, pretending they didn't notice or too afraid to resist. The idea that democracy and freedom are best protected by denying people the right to express certain views that the authorities deem misinformation, and by weaponized the law against political opponents lest they weaponize the law for political purposes.
Speaker 2: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: They're actually democrats out right now saying, hey, you know, weaponizing law against candidates is probably a bad strategy, admitting that that was the strategy. So ambitious elites in business and civil society went along with these fictions. Politicians on all sides, including Republicans, declined to dissent for fear.
Speaker 2: Of being called out.
Speaker 3: And here's where Gerard Baker gives Trump a fair amount of credit. It took a man with some of the instincts of a child, a political angenoux newcomer, lacking the sophistication to participate in the sham, to call the whole thing out for what it was. And then he makes it clear that he's not like totally in on Trump and his plans and his policies and the rest of it. But for God's sake, we needed to call bulls on the bulls. But here's what I'm optimistic about. He says, four years from now, there's a good chance that the nonsense we have had to endure will be buried, that important things will become normal again. It will have become normal to tell people they have who have no right to be here, that they must leave. That In the process, people around the world will have been made to understand that they don't have an automatic right to live in the freest, most prosperous country on earth. Then he goes on the children. You know, I'm going to hit this because it's one of my jihods. It will have become normal again for children to be helped to respond to the inevitable strains and traumas of growing up, not by having their genitals cut out, but by receiving loving guidance, guidance and care from family and society.
Speaker 2: Got the crab I hope that's true. I hope that's true. I think it's true.
Speaker 3: So yeah, but again, it's going to be longer and harder battle than four years. Man the university system and their influence on the elementary education system and secondary.
Speaker 2: It's going to be a long, hard fight. But I'm up for it. Are you?
Speaker 5: Jack Armstrong and Joe Gerty The Armstrong and Getty Show, The Armstrong and Getty Show.
Speaker 2: Chris Ruffo, you know him, you love him?
Speaker 3: With a great piece Why Boeing killed Dei and the lead is the important part of reckoning is underway in corporate America. You remember, after the death of George Floyd in twenty twenty, like every Fortune five hundred company launched a diversity, equity and inclusion program with very serious faces as they were running terrified from the Marxists who claimed racial justice was their motivation. But now four short years later, many companies are quietly acknowledging the failure of these initiatives, in some cases winding them down. And Rufo has been writing about Dei at Boeing for a while. He's got an inside source, well placed, high up, that described it this way quote.
Speaker 2: I thought this was really good.
Speaker 3: DEI is the drop you put in the bucket and the whole bucket changes. It is anti excellence, and because it is ill defined, it becomes.
Speaker 2: Part of the culture.
Speaker 4: That is some of the most evocative phrasing I've ever heard. Yeah, the drop you put in the bucket and it changes the whole bucket. That's interesting, folks.
Speaker 3: You've become aware that the whole woke thing DEI anti racism thing, you can't win. It's a constantly moving target. Do you say you're not a racist, you're a racist. And if you say you're a racist, you're a racist. But either way you shut up. We're in charge. There's no way to win against the woke people. That's not part of it. They're not talking to you to come to an understanding. They're talking to you to rule you. And more people are understanding that. And in the context of Boeing, obviously you know the doors are falling off your planes for instance. Yeah, early you know this month Boeing installed new CEO Kelly Ortberg, quietly dismantled the DEI department and accepted the resignation of the office's vice president. So Rufo reached out to the same insider to get insight onto what happened and how it happened, and he says, tell us what happened with DEI. It went from dominant to extinct in a very short period of time. The insider says, we're shifting from a company whose culture is simply the average of corporate America to a distinct and deliberate vision of leadership. The new boss wants Boeing focused on being an airplane company with our own culture and vision. The resulting cash crunch from the crunch from the strike accelerated this culture shift. When you start to focus on delivering value instead of preserving status, it becomes obvious what drives value and it's not DI And then he gets into he asked my senses that many executives are not genuinely committed to DEIS and ideology. They simply want to build airplanes or create software, for instance, but they feel social pressure to maintain these departments. Is that true at Boeing and if so, when did the calculus change? And the answer is DEI is lazy thought leadership best practiced by companies in smooth waters with margins large enough to afford the associated inefficiency that isn't Boeing today When the new boss prioritized results over fitting in with other CEOs, it sends a strong signal to the culture and builds trust because employees know the rules and it's clear how to succeed through hard work and results. McKinsey's at the Consulting Group now debunked analysis was the standard driver in corporate boardrooms. But even if DEI has to defend itself on purely logical grounds, it doesn't stand up. Boeing more than anything, needs an aligned workforce focused on building airplanes. And it's an easy decision to reject the divisive and US centric language of DEI in favor of unified vision for a diverse global company. Anyway, I thought that that was really good just as a description of how it works.
Speaker 4: INDI could go away under a Trump administration, which won't be you know, working to push that on corporate America, Whereas if the Kamala Harris administration, there would have been so much pressure on all these companies to continue that or add it if they hadn't already.
Speaker 3: Right, and it's it's a bludgeon again. It's not about racial justice or any of the things that claims to be about. Like in jackscenario, which is a good one. The Harris administration wanted Boeing to suddenly, you know, unionize its last three facilities or something like that. Well, then they could hammer them with DEI stuff or through their DEI executives and get them on their knees begging for mercy because they were being accused of racism. It's the old Jesse Jackson operation push blackmail scam. You don't want racial justice, you want something else, but you use claims of racial injustice to get there. It's the race hustler thing. Anyway, I thought this was good too. From the National Review, Lathan Watts. DEI is a corporate bust, and he starts about the He starts with the wild overreaction to the death of George Floyd and how all the corporations were terrified, and how Robbie Starbuck, the filmmaker, has been using sunlight as the best disinfectant, and he's brought failed policies that are legally questionable and highly unpopular with consumers to the attention the general public and the shareholders of these corporations. As a result, some of the best known brands in the country have hastily canceled their DEI programs and cut ties with the far left Human Rights Campaign, which pressures companies to do things like cover sex hormones and puberty blockers for miners. Wow, monstrous Nazia like experiments on children to cover that stuff and their insurance plan. Wow yeah yeah, And I thought this was interesting. Unwilling to let the practical failure of a policy distract from the political fervor, forty nine members of Congress, keeping in mind their four hundred and thirty five of these geeks, spurred on signed an open letter to Fortune one thousand businesses demanding that they doubled down on DEI. But these companies have recently received two more open letters encouraging them to hold the line in favor of healthy ROI return on investment over feeble DEI ideology.
Speaker 4: I like that slogan, AREI not DEI for the companies I want to invest in?
Speaker 3: I love that the second of those two letters came from seventeen state treasurers and other financial officials State of financial officials who are responsible for the gigantic state investment vehicles that hold billions of dollars in ownership positions in these companies for their retirees and that sort of thing. And unlike the partisan gamesmanship paraphrasing the piece of the National Review here where the forty nine Congress geeks liberal CULTI jackasses are saying, you've got to double down on DII, these people a saying, hey, we don't have the luxury of you and your virtue signaling crap which you run your company for efficiency, please not to please AOC. And so it's good to see you. Remember it was what a year ago I started saying. And all DEI programs now wherever they exist, and it's happening in spades. Hurrah, hourrah, better for black people, better for white and Hispanic people. People, in short, go get them awesome. The tide shure turned on that whole thing fast. Yeah, although it is still monstrous in academia, media, Hollywood, and government in government itself, friends, which is why I am always saying, this is just the end of the beginning.
Speaker 2: Quick question for.
Speaker 3: You, what if you happen to miss this unbelievable radio program. The answer is easy, friends, Just download our podcast Armstrong and Getty on demand. It's the podcast version of the podcast show available anytime, any day, every single podcast platform.
Speaker 2: No demand download it now.
Speaker 3: Armstrong and Getty on demand, Armstrong and Getty