Speaker 1: Hey, rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your Allegedly and my Boys mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality with the King. It's me Carlos King, the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality televisions with over ten years a production experience.
Speaker 1: Once a week on Reality with the King, we'll.
Speaker 2: Sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still.
Speaker 1: Talking and tweeting about it they be.
Speaker 2: I am wearing camouflage because it is an all out war on Twitter. Bang. I gotta dodge all of the grenades that is happening on social media when it comes to my opinion acts. Okay, opinion acts are opinions that are rooted in fact. Now, y'all know, I like to say notification. That's my word and I'm sticking to it. There's a new word called opinion acts. Opinion acts is when a person plays or thing states their opinions that.
Speaker 1: Are rooted in fact.
Speaker 2: So in case you've been living under a rock, okay, and no, not the rock that Keim Zozak has to get back to, Coroy Berman Child, not that rock.
Speaker 1: Honey, Cam, I'm gonna call you, girl. We gotta talk Sis. I love you.
Speaker 2: What's been happening lately is how me staying people's friendships on reality TV are sometimes not real and are rooted in the alliance reality TV friendships, is it real or is it fake?
Speaker 1: So last week I did a video recapping The.
Speaker 2: Real Housewives up Atlanta, and in my recap, I talked about Candy and Kinga's friendship being rooted in alliances.
Speaker 1: How I feel like they're alliances. I still feel that way.
Speaker 2: I'm not saying that Candy and Kenya are not friends. I said, I strongly believe Candy LIFs Kenya. Kenya is a fun girl. What I said was they're not these best of friends. Sometimes when you are a part of this ecosystem or this social experiment, you know how when you are at work and you have a lot of coworkers, but there's one person who you gravitate towards the most y'all like each other because y'all have to spend a lot of times at work together. Your real friends are your friends who work at the other jobs, that you see on the weekends, that you see on your days off, that you talk to as you're watching reality with the King in your cubicle because you don't want your boss to find out for y'all in the headphones, child, So that is what is like on reality TV. You are around these coworkers for a long period of time, and over being around each other for a long period of time, you develop a friendship. I even had that happen to me. I'm going to relate it to myself too. When you're working on a reality shots per day, you, sir, you're working six days a week and you're working twelve to fifteen hours a day for three to four months.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a lot.
Speaker 2: We've all been in situation to where you look to your right and you look to your left, and you are around these people more than you're around your man, your woman, or your day. Okay, you are around these people more than your pets. You are around these people more than your family members. So you develop a rapport. And when you're at work with somebody like that, that's why people say, oh, you're my work best need. So don't act like what I'm saying and real we all have somebody where we're like, you know what, you're my work bested?
Speaker 1: Yes, And then child, will you get fired from.
Speaker 2: The show or the job, or you quit the show.
Speaker 1: You leap whatever, you don't talk to them, no more?
Speaker 2: You done. We're done here. There's no reason for us to keep in touch. It happens to everybody, and y'all love to say well, Carlos, Handy and Kenya went on a trip together.
Speaker 1: Okay, kudos to.
Speaker 2: Kenya for having freaker flying miles and some coins. It was a surprise trip that Candy did not set up. It was a list of women that were invited and Kenkin made the list. So that's what I was saying. I do not think they're best friends. I know how this thing works, and I want to relate it to people in everyday life. Everybody at work has a work bestie, and when that person gets fired, or when that person quits, or when that person gets promoted, y'all, friendship ain't.
Speaker 1: What it used to be.
Speaker 2: And that's the case that I'm trying to state here when it comes to that particular friendship.
Speaker 1: So it is what it is.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm trying to say when it comes to reality shews in general, but specifically the Real Housewives friendships. Okay, my other example will be this Tamar Judge and Shannon and Vickie trusted me God, treasan me God, treasur me gods. Ooh, naked wasted treasan me God, trusted Meg whoo whoo, We're besties, We're the treasure megas. Bicky gets fired allegedly, and then you're down to two. So Shannon's like doc Amiga, do a mega dulce, a mega naked waste it.
Speaker 1: Then Tamar gets fired.
Speaker 2: Tamra has said on her hit podcast to Teas in a Pause and on this season of the Real Housewives of Orange County that the moment she got fired from the Real Housewives of Orange County, her best friend Shannon allegedly stopped returning her phone calls, wasn't there for her anymore.
Speaker 1: Tamra wors not mine.
Speaker 2: She felt that Shannon allegedly had no use for her anymore.
Speaker 1: So you mean to tell me these treasent Me.
Speaker 2: Guys, then Dos Amigos, and then Uno a Mega job shout a stand up Una a mega the moment Tamar got fired and Vicki got fired. Allegedly, Tamar lost her job and her best friend that she was on the show with for all these years stopped returning her phone calls, continued on with the show and never contacted her. When a housewife gets fired, the other housewife feels like, well, you know, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do.
Speaker 1: Shannon felt like, look, I.
Speaker 2: Need to befriend these other girls. Hey, Emily, Hey Gina. So the other example I gave was Sutton and Garcel. I didn't think I say anything wrong and it wasn't shady. However, dot Org, what I said was y'all the same people who believe and garsela have a real friendship. And then Housewives Twitter flipped that clip and ran with it and they added Garsel. By the way, let the record show I love Garsel. I have defended Garsel against the gas lighters. I said that Garsel was a forced multiplier. Garsel is a staple in the black community. She was fancy on the Jamie Fox Show, who doesn't like Garsel.
Speaker 1: I love Garsel.
Speaker 2: Garsel to me is in the same category as to Sheena Arnold, Tisha Campbell, you know, like the great sitcom actresses.
Speaker 1: I love Garsel.
Speaker 2: So I want to make that very clear, and I got approved. Listen to my podcast where I talked about how great of a housewife Garcela is.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm always gonna be real.
Speaker 2: The reason why y'all love my podcast is because I'm fair. I can love you and still say I don't know about that. Garcella and Sutton's friendship is rooted in the same as other reality friendships because these two are a part of this social experiment Ecosystem, Cubicle Corner, their work besties.
Speaker 1: I hate conterrupt, but stay tuned for more.
Speaker 3: If you're anything like me, you're always busy, You're always on the go, and sometimes you.
Speaker 1: Don't have enough time in the day.
Speaker 3: To prepare your own males. Well, baby, welcome to a Hello Fresh. They have a very quick and easy recipe and fifteen minute meals that you can get a very tasty dinner honey on the table in less time than it takes to get takeout or delivery. HelloFresh takes out the stress anytime you think about preparing a meal for you or your family. They have these ingredients and recipes that they deliver right at your door. So look this, fall, skip that at your trip to the grocery store, and have dinner ready in no time with the America's number one meal kit. I know what you're thinking, Well, Carlos, isn't going to remain fresh like my produce. The answer is yes. When you get HelloFresh, you know you're getting top notched produce since it travels from the farm to your door in less than seven days. If you follow me on social media, you know I'm always preparing my own meals. Thanks to HelloFresh, I'm able to do it at a very very concise time with my very busy schedule. It also takes really good The recipes are easy to follow, and because I like plant based food, they also have options for people like me.
Speaker 1: It's really really good. Go to HelloFresh dot com, slash.
Speaker 3: Fifty r WTK and use code fifty r WTK for fifty percent off plus fifteen percent off the next two months. HelloFresh America's number one meal kit.
Speaker 1: Listen is Reality to the King and I'm Carlos King, Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 2: When Sutton got on the show, Sutton came in through Lisa Renna, showing her her lavish lifestyle at the dope check of Bona Stor. Lisa, Renna and Sutton attended fancy Beverly Hills events. When Sutton got on the show and called Teddy boring, her and Garsel did not hit it off, and listen, I get it. You don't always hit it off with your bestie. Sutton wanted to be a monst the cool girls, and you don't have to like this person at the end of the day. The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills is Kyle Richard's show. Sutton wanted to be amongst the elite in the nine O two one zero because that is Sutton's background, that is Sutton's world. You think Sutton ever watched the Jamie Fox Show on the Freaking CW or the UPN or the WB.
Speaker 1: You think Sutton was really.
Speaker 2: Checking for Guard's sale when she walked in with Denise Richards.
Speaker 1: Sutton wanted to.
Speaker 2: Be a monkst Lisa, Kyle dor Reat and Erica Jane.
Speaker 1: She felt that this is more of my speed.
Speaker 2: Maybe less Erica because Erica is way more free. So I'll stick with Kyle, Lisa and Dereete plus Kathy Hilton and Crystal.
Speaker 1: That's who like these.
Speaker 2: Fancy wealthy individuals who are monks, the nine to two one zero elite. The only reason why Garcel and Sutton our friends is because the cool girls dissed them. And if you watch the show, you would know what I'm talking about is straight up facts. Lisa Rena dis Garsel to be a monks, her cool click. Garcell was thinking, like, damn, Lisa, We've been friends for twenty years. We did soap operas together. And Lisa Rena was like, bitch, I'm on TV with these girls. You are about to mess up my cash flow. Harry Spaghetti Sauce ain't paying the mortgage right now. Mama, I am the villain on this show. So I'm going to ride with my team. My team includes Erica, Kyle, and Dereet and at that time Kathy a little bit. She wasn't checking for Garcel. Lisa was like, oh, hey, got with Denise Richards and her guests. Lisa Renna was like, we were cool back when we were struggling actresses working on a soap opera. Lisa Renna was like, look, bitch, I'm not Billy anymore.
Speaker 1: On the Days of my Lives. I'm Lisa fucking Renna.
Speaker 2: I'm a force multiplier slash villain on the Royal Housepals of Billy Hills.
Speaker 1: You want me to befriend you? Gray Bye?
Speaker 2: That's why she dissed turned So Garsell was on an island like damn. Sutton wanted to be a mock the cool girls. But the moment sutting disc Teddy say what you want about Teddy, Teddy and Kyle to.
Speaker 1: This day are still friends.
Speaker 2: Teddy got fired and her and Kyle hang out every day going hiking. So the moment sutting disc Teddy I was like, look, bitch, I'm pround up with my girl. This is how it works in reality TV. Reality TV friendships are not always rooted in reality is an alliance. So going back to Garselling Sutton, they both needed each other.
Speaker 1: It's like when you are applying for a.
Speaker 2: Job and you get it and then you have to do orientation, and then you go to orientation and you look around the room as you're sitting in those folded chairs from coals or target and you sit around and you like, child, who can I talk to? You must' up a conversation with somebody who you think you can relate to right just based on appearance, like hey, and then all of a sudden, you two have each other because you two are strangers amongst this environment, and then you become work besties. That's what happened with Sutton and Garcell. They both were ostracized by the cool girls, allegedly, and they looked around the room and said, hey, you want to get coffee? Something said, I'll get tea. I don't do coffee. Garcel said, works for me. And that's what happened. And look, I'm not saying they don't like each other. I believe something on Garcel like each other. But to make it seem like they're best friends, if this wasn't a reality show experiment, child please So anyways, that went viral. Garcel reposted it and said she doesn't have to explain herself, and I'm grew with Garcel.
Speaker 1: She doesn't.
Speaker 2: But if you want to, Garcel, I'm inviting you to Reality with the King podcast because I do love you and let's have a conversation.
Speaker 1: It'll be fun.
Speaker 2: So Garcel reposted it and said I don't have to defend myself, and she added Sutton.
Speaker 1: So then Sutton was on the.
Speaker 2: Red carpet being interviewed by Hollywood Life. Saw this beautiful woman interview Sutton and says, Carlos King just said something about you and Garcel not being real friends, and what do you think about that?
Speaker 3: I think that's the most I don't know who he is, so I don't know, but I do.
Speaker 2: Know that I have a very real friendship with Garcel.
Speaker 1: We text, we call, we visit, We're going on vacation together this summer. We're really best friends.
Speaker 2: And I love her so much and we love our families together and everything. So now look, I'm not ever going to make it seem like everybody knows me.
Speaker 1: I'm not. I'm not cocky like that. Like I don't walk around like you know who. That's not me.
Speaker 2: And anybody who knows me personally knows that I don't even operate that way.
Speaker 1: That ain't how I get down. That's I don't even think about that. Now. Look, do I think Angela Bassett knows me?
Speaker 2: No? Do I think Hallie Barry knows me?
Speaker 1: Maybe? If you are in reality television. You know who I am.
Speaker 2: But I thought it was punchet because she Mariah carried me. I got carried by Sutton. I thought it was funny because it goes to show you that what we do is fun. It's lighthearted. It's fun shade, and that's what I'm about. It's not a dark place we're going into. It's all fun shade. It's nothing serious at the end of the day, Suddon, you do know who I am, Garsel and Sutton. I am personally inviting the two of you twogether to come on my podcast with the Bravo rep so that we can have a fun conversation. Every housewife who has been on my podcast has talked about is their best interview, and miraculously it has done wonders for them in terms of how people view them. I love Garsel, I love Sutton. I don't have any issues with them. I just called it like I see it. You guys aren't best friends in the sense of when The Real Housewives of belly Hills is over social friendship. The only real friendships a part of the Real Housewives franchise belongs to Gisell and Robin, Alexia and Marisol.
Speaker 1: That's it.
Speaker 2: Everyone else is tailor made for television. Gazill and Robin will always be best friends when the show goes, when their kids go off to college, get married, when Wan Dixon does something else crazy, when Giselle marries a man who wants to be on TV child, they will always be best friends. That's a real friendship. It's not an alliance. That's a real friendship. You can like them a hate thump. Gizell and Robin have a real friendship. Alexia and Marisol have a real friendship when the show was canceled after season three and resurrected, But seven years, eight years later, they're still thick as these They're real friends. When they argued on Ultimate Girls' Trip Part four, the part we all was awake for, they still got back together and said, girl, we a'm that mad at each other. Those are the only real, organic, hey nini organic friendships on reality television when it comes to the Real Housewives franchise.
Speaker 1: So let me know if you agree or disagree with me.
Speaker 2: Now that you heard my tape, Thank you for listening to Reality with the King.
Speaker 1: New episodes dropped every Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality Withtheking dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and Yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag reality with the King. Reality of the King is a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment. It is produced by Sierra Spragley Rix An executive produced by Me, Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby