Speaker 1: Hello everybody, and welcome to this afternoon edition of Canadian keem Trends. That's a bit of an illusion to a story we will be doing later about chemtrails in Canada, because Kemp trails are we're still talking about mtrails like it's two thousand and eight or something. What's the first we'll get to that we'll get to. We'll get to the Kemp trail discussion because obviously we are arbiters of truth on this podcast. But the truth is in here, the truth is in here, the truth is in your ears. Welcome to the Dailyeitgeist Trending episode.
Speaker 2: I'm Miles. I'm joined by Andrew T. Jack's a little bit under the weather, so I had to have had to tagging this up. He's okay, he's okay.
Speaker 1: We had to spray a bunch of chemicals above his house really just to really help you really up up the immune system. But obviously, the first thing that everyone's talking about is the vice presidential debate. We talk a little bit more in depth on that in tomorrow morning's episode, but I think a lot of people the gist of it is for those who didn't watch, like Andrew T, is that yeah, sure, Yeah, it's kind of like what the takeaway is, Yeah, I don't know yet.
Speaker 2: I would my my.
Speaker 1: Usually the way I handle these things is just I figure it'll be on Twitter, and and it.
Speaker 2: Was pretty much what I thought, which is like it was nothing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, everyone's like, yeah, Tim news flash, Tim Wall's too nice to get dirty on the debate stage and normal. It's probably a missed opportunity to just curbstop a freak. Yeah, so that was that's probably bad for the Democrats that that. Yeah, I think it should have been bad for could have could have put him, put him in the dirt. But hey, it's but also Ja d Vance did a pretty good job of that just with his weird answers. Look, and then we talked about it Tomorrow Show. I guess style points to Vance, but in the end his answers were so bad and chock full of lies that I think Tim Wallas just walks out of there unscathed.
Speaker 2: I think it's it's a.
Speaker 1: It's a vice presidential debate, you know, like considering that the highlight of last election cycles vice presidential debate it was that a fly was on Mike Pence's head. Gives you gives you an indication of like how much these things sort of matter in the grand scheme of things, or what we retained from it. Well, there was a chance that they could have bade Advance into saying some like insane like Catholic or just talk about his beliefs about women or anything, and that didn't happen enough. Yeah, yeah, I mean he made some he had some really was like I had a friend who got an abortion and she doesn't's like, well, yeah, okay, But it's also like, then if you're a walt that you got to turn around and be like is she in hell?
Speaker 2: JD? Do you think she does? She a murderer?
Speaker 1: Why isn't she in jail according to your beliefs? Why didn't you d her cat your life? Yeah, tell me about that, JD. But yeah, just got to do it. One thing that I think is relevant because you know, right now we are still talking about recovery efforts, like you know, just broadly that are in the aftermath of Hurricane Helen and JD. Vance's answer on climate change definitely caught the attention of most people because it was such a terrible answer. But just to sort of set this up right, like why just in the context of what's happening in the country right to Asheville, North Carolina was one of the hardest hit areas, and prior to that was being touted by like real estate agents and even people involved in climate research as like a potential place that could sort of dodge the chaos of climate change, as a climate sanctuary, if you will. It's because it's a place that's far enough off the coast and had consistent weather. It's it's like with these wonderful mountains, but you know again those are like that was sort of the environment in which people said, oh, you know, this could be a good place to move, aside from the people who already lived there, but that was like sort of you know, the outsider's perspective on Nashville.
Speaker 2: The storm showed us that there is no.
Speaker 1: Escaping the effects of climate change, no matter what people think is going to happen.
Speaker 2: Where the only solution and is truly like radical action.
Speaker 1: So when Vance gave this response on climate, it really cements the idea that these fucks are just banking on like dying before the flames and floodwaters consume them.
Speaker 2: That's all it is.
Speaker 1: It's like, I mean, yeah, that's gonna happen, Like, I'm not going to be here. So this is you, this is JD. Vance giving a really thoughtful answer on climate change and how we should be looking at it.
Speaker 3: And or you asked about climate change. I think this is a very important issue. Look, a lot of people are justifiably worried about all these crazy weather patterns.
Speaker 2: I think it's important for us, first.
Speaker 3: Of all, to say, Donald Trump and I support clean air, clean water. We want the environment to be cleaner and safer. But one of the things that I've noticed some of our Democratic friends talking a lot about is a concern about carbon emissions. This idea that carbon emissions drives all the climate change. Well, let's just say that's true, just for the sake of argument. Arguing about weird science, let's just say that's true.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, weird science.
Speaker 1: Let's yeah, let's just presume that the scientists whose expertise lands in this area is saying it's okay, let's presume that's true. Okay, go on, JD. Just completely knock this one out of the park. We're assuming that's true. Go on, So what's your solution.
Speaker 3: Well, if you believe that, what would you want to do the answer is that you'd want to reshore as much American manufacturing as possible, and you'd want to produce as much energy as possible in the United States of America because we're the cleanest economy in the entire world, which.
Speaker 1: Is odd because that is already kind of the Biden Harris's like administration sort of goals is to bring more of that manufacturing back to Like it's just weird, You're like, yeah, okay, I mean, is this just another place where the fact that the Democrats are so right wing plays into the fucking Republican's hands. Would it just like, yeah, if you know, Biden Harris had a sensible, actual like cimate change carbon reduction policy, they wouldn't have to be like, oh, yeah, we're also doing the right wing thing like are you talking about bringing more er just bring bring well, you know, because then you get to say, like, we're bringing the manufacturing back, et cetera, et cetera. That's not the climate scientists aren't saying, well, we need to bring the manufacturing back. Yeah, they're saying fucking cut down the carbon emissions dressed yeah, and yeah, and I get to like, obviously the Inflation Reduction Act definitely had like those elements. And because the bar is so low for American action on climate change, it is in hit, like verifiably in history, the most we've done, but there's still so much more to do. And like the other thing that's also like on the back of that too, just to raise another thing, like Donald Trump set up a GoFundMe to help people affected by the storm.
Speaker 2: And if your first question.
Speaker 1: Is is he's just gonna pocket the money, I would say you would be of average intelligence because of course this guy is scamming, Like as of this recording, it's raised over four million dollars and it has all the trappings of a Trump cruise, like for starters. He's not even appearing as one of the top donors, Like he'sn't even on there, like there's Dana White and Kid Rock and shit are coming out of their pet's over. Of course, No, he's a taker. He's he's the recipient of the donation. Second, the five dollars and the tip jar just to like get the get and if.
Speaker 2: He does, they'd be like did you see what he put in? It was movie funny money. I was like fake money.
Speaker 1: Just so there's an appearance of a bill shaped from object. Yeah, and then there's like there's all this warm and fuzzy language, but absolutely no talk, like there's no charity that's been designated as the recipient for all this money, or even a plan regarding how the money is spent.
Speaker 2: Hey, let's just help these people out, just get it.
Speaker 1: And I think the final nail in the coffin is that this thing is being ran by Trump's National Finance Director.
Speaker 2: So this is we'll see.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure he's just going to be like, well, the thing that would help the people of North Carolina and all Americans is if I was president. So that is where this money will go to. Exactly in an indirect way, I am the solution. I do want to go back to a little thing, the idea of a climate sanctuary, like just this fucking like thought that you could like go to like fucking Minneapolis or New Zealand or whatever and escape the exact limitation globe. Yeah, and guess what the world where the idea that this zone might still be temperate and like livable in some way is a world where our globe, in our society and our government has changed. So much like this isn't going to protect you. We are all in this together. You think if the other ninety whatever seven percent of the land mass of the United States is uninhabitable, that your quote climate sanctuary is going to be fine, that property laws will exist and whatever. Like, you don't want society to crumble to the point where a climate union or.
Speaker 2: Climate sanctuary exactly. You can't. You're not going to claim finders keepers, you know.
Speaker 1: I'm like, actually, guys, we bought this house like ten years ago, so I know, like this is existential for you, but like, do you mind, Like I'm trying to have my roses bloom this year and you guys are taking.
Speaker 2: Out the water that I have. It's just it's not how that's going to go.
Speaker 1: The other there's this other quote in this article in The Guardian about like this sort of idea of how these like like there are these cycles where people move into places that they think will be like better off for the future. This is from Jesse Keenan, who's an expert in climate adaptation at Tulane. So that this flood will likely accelerate development because clearly there's been a lot of damage because like in Ashville, right. For every one person who moves away from Ashville, three people move to Ashville, which.
Speaker 2: Is one of the highest ratios in the US.
Speaker 1: Goes on to say, quote, some people will not be inclined or unable to rebuild, and their properties will be bought up by wealthy people who can afford to build private infrastructure and buildings that have the engineering resilience to withstand floods.
Speaker 2: There is no truly safe place. This is a cycle that like, okay.
Speaker 1: Acknowledge there will be a post disaster boom, but this is a cycle that happened over and over again.
Speaker 2: In America on some level.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, I think it's because we live in a world now where class and your socioeconomic standing insulates you to a certain degree from certain like ills of society that society has rocked on us. But it's like at that point, we're talking mad Max baby, you know what.
Speaker 2: I yeah, there was no like when people have to survive.
Speaker 1: It's a completely different, completely different world, and like to your point, we don't. My favorite image of this is just like Elon thinking he's still in charge of the Mars colony if the rest of the globe is gone, Like, yes.
Speaker 2: I have the key to the food locker and only I know the code. Well guess what next time you open that ship, it's on bro. Yeah, and we'll wedge.
Speaker 1: Nerds think fighters keeper is gonna is like is their defense against their greed?
Speaker 2: And I don't know, revolution or whatever.
Speaker 1: That's what the next case the Supreme Court is going to your finders v. Keepers and we'll see, we'll see where they land on that. Okay, chemtrails. Oh this feels just to start. When did you when did you first encounter someone talking that caem.
Speaker 2: Trail shit to you?
Speaker 1: Oh? Thank you for the tea up talking to my face wash. Any someone, anyone who's followed the through line of all my appearances on Daily Zeitgeist might have picked up that I don't have a ton of I have less respect for the medical profession than most people.
Speaker 2: Not because lab you wanted to start up. Yeah, exactly exact.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, Uh, doctors are not scientists, and neither are nurses. Like no one who has a medical education. It's like it's like the way that thinking a mechanical engineer as a physicist, they are sure yeah, yeah, yeah you're not. You're not denying the knowledge that they have, but it's not transposable in the way that they think it is.
Speaker 2: Well, and it's not.
Speaker 1: It's like like you can have doctors who are creationists who believe in you know, X or y thing, which if they were you know, purely logic logical beings, would be impossible.
Speaker 2: But whatever.
Speaker 1: So the first time I had someone pitch chempfells to my face, I had had I had walking pneumonia, and I was at the hospital getting essentially it was just like a big inhaler. It was it was you know what it was. It was like the gravity bond of inhalers.
Speaker 2: Okay, like an ebulizer kind of thing, I guess, so, I don't remember what it was called.
Speaker 1: But it was like a big s glass tube full of inhaler and they were just jamming it into my law okay. And the nurse who was administrating this therapy, uh. And I was a you know, fairly captive audience. Sure, yeah, you're sick and need dire medical attention was just like, you know, another reason you might be having these long difficulties.
Speaker 2: No, yo, stay in the lane.
Speaker 1: Crazy to have someone administering medical treatment to you talk about kemp trails that's fucking dark, which, by the way, yeah, so KEMP trails.
Speaker 2: I didn't.
Speaker 1: I kind of had a sense that it was just like a kook thing, but yeah, it's it's just like the idea that like jets can spray out various chemicals into the atmosphere, Is that right?
Speaker 2: Like I think, I mean yes, I think, you know, like mind control weather control type. I think.
Speaker 1: The thing that I really like about this and like conspiracy theories of this ILK is that like they always come up with like the most like patently transparently obvious like way, like if you're the government and you have a mind control chemical, right, why.
Speaker 2: Would you spray it invisible clouds? Right, has receipts And they're like yeah, yeah, there it is.
Speaker 1: Like it's the same shit, It's the same ship with all this like you know, like various democratic election fraud things. Right, if you thought these bozos could do this, why would they do it in this way? And why wouldn't do all the other alleged ship if they're if they're so powerful, Well, because that requires me to find actual evidence when I can just look for something very superficial and claim you know what, like why is there like a whole department devoted to then once the conspiracy is done, creating like numerological puzzles that they seed out into the world, right, like.
Speaker 2: Hey, hey, we just want to know who the real ones are? You know that? Get me? Like that's that's hard, right.
Speaker 1: Well, the reason this is coming up because I know a lot of times as Americans really a Canada and like, oh mash, they got it all figured out up there is the premiere of Alberta, their conservative premier, Danielle Smith just recently, like in front of a bunch of people, was at a town hall talking about chemtries. Like seriously, I'm just gonna play this clip where like you can actually even hear like her constituents groaning, because like, is this fool for real?
Speaker 2: Take it away, Danielle is.
Speaker 4: The best I have been able to do is talk to the woman who is responsible for controlling the air space and she says, no one is allowed to go up and spray anything in the air.
Speaker 3: We have a house like.
Speaker 1: The US Department of.
Speaker 4: Defense, and you know what, I have some limitations in my job.
Speaker 1: I don't know that I have power.
Speaker 4: That is the case of the US Department of Defense is as frames.
Speaker 2: So I'll do what I can, you know, to figure out.
Speaker 1: Power to prevent a foreign government from using chemical weapons on us. Like, right, she's accusing the United States of a war crime. Yeah, it's wow because like the thing was in response to a constituent's question, right, Like she was prompted by a chemtrail loving constituent. But then her answer is like, yeah, I don't know, man, like it could be dealed, like.
Speaker 2: Just shut that ship down.
Speaker 1: But you know what am I supposed to do? You know what I don't know if I have much power fit is the Department of Defense. But anyway, whether it was her or the constituent, the fact that it's like out there still is just like really funny to me. But the Pentagon even was like was forced to comment on the issue that they're like, we're not spraying chemicals on Alberta, Canada. But that also isn't that what they'd say if they were spraying chemicals on Alberta chemical on Alberta Chemical Alberta. But again, the chemtrails are just you know, contrails there. It's it's vapor trails made up of water. But too many people are like this is it? No, they're there, it's all population control. Which is interesting because back in the nineties, there was an Air Force research paper called Weather as a four Multiplier, Owning the Weather in twenty twenty five, and that paper was like the beginning people like, oh yeah, because it was talking about a future weather modification system potentially for like military objectives, and a lot of people in the beginning. Again, like most conspiracy theories intersect with something that actually happened, because in the UK and the US, they really did spray their populations with dangerous chemicals during the Cold War in order to simulate a chemical warfare attack. So they used zinc cadmium sulfide, which could be traced with UV light and they're like, okay, good, we can track it. And they thought it was non toxic at the time. Learned out to be potentially carcinogenic.
Speaker 2: But that was like a thrill, right, That's like.
Speaker 1: That's all it takes, right, is like they did it before and that was bad. I mean also, I mean, look at that. There's plenty of history of the United States spraying chemicals down on people Agent Orange. But I think what's just so funny too, is like people can never kind of agree on what the chemtrails are for. And that's that's the hard bit about a conspiracy. Everybody's kind of got to be united on what they actually do because also it's like it's just like the worst way to do something like a just a cloud, like it's impossible to control. Oh, your big conspiracy got fucked up by the breeze, Like right right, if you're if you have the goal that these people are stating, this is not the way to do it. I'm not saying the government doesn't have these goals. I'm just saying this mechanism is absurd. Yeah, it's like, yeah, it comes way to do it. You want to get the most people at once, hit the water supply just an idea, c I A or FBI or and I said, whatever you talking about it help you know what, They've been fucking poisoning people for years and this is not a such a good way to do it. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll be right back to talk some more stories right after this.
Speaker 2: And we're back. Amazon CEO Andy Jase.
Speaker 1: Now, he has been presiding over a very not controversial, just very standard like hellscape employer sort of policy which is like everyone now like that is working at Amazon Corporate, they must be.
Speaker 2: They're required for a full time return.
Speaker 1: To the office, even though from what I've seen, I think Amazon's been doing pretty well money wise with people working from home.
Speaker 2: But this has been a thing.
Speaker 1: It's like, come next year, everybody is back in the office.
Speaker 2: I don't want to hear shit about it.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks like he's hearing a lot of shit because there was a survey done just like asking the employees what they think, and about almost seventy three percent said, oh, yeah, I'm probably gonna I'll probably quit if this is for real, to be fair, that feels like some real front mass shit. It's a way like like a real front ye, Like yeah, you know these people.
Speaker 2: I mean that's the heart.
Speaker 1: That's the hard part obviously about toiling is that, yeah, it's like and go away and you're like.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, I mean you got me.
Speaker 1: But you've seen this has happened at plenty of other companies before instituting like full time return, and then they're like, oh, some people actually did quit because they realized they would take less money to have more flexibility for family time or just whatever else.
Speaker 2: I mean, people will quit, but also it will not help anything. It will simply make things worse.
Speaker 1: Like just yeah, everyone is presentful for having a commute, and like, yeah, this is like they have I guess a broader strategy because they want to quote streamline operations and reduce managerial layers. And that's how they'll do that by having people come more come in five days a week. Yeah yeah, I we shall see. But the thing, the other thing that they're pissed off is like this isn't like across every Amazon company or subsidiary. So people who work at like one Medical, which is another subsidiary, they only have to come in three times a week, and they're like, yeah, that's it, that's it. Yeah, So it's pretty fractured. I totally understand like the hesitance for people to do that, and maybe who knows, maybe there will be enough outrage that they go, all right, like fucking twice a week.
Speaker 2: I don't know, please.
Speaker 1: I think the other thing we always talk about this is like so much of it is for managers to feel like they are managers and they are managing human beings.
Speaker 2: And then the other part is those commercial building leases.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're playing a lot of money for that thing. To just look like a look Cinema Gundale if you know what I mean, if you catch my drift, find out more on that tomorrow. And then finally Uber shockingly, they're pulling a bit of a Disney Plus and by that I mean family friendly brand Uber. No, surely not, surely not Uber. When you're here, you're not family into MIDI one, John, I mean whoayy so here? A New Jersey appeals court has found that a couple cannot sue over a life altering car accident they were in in like during an Uber ride because and I think because I already said to Disney Plus the apps terms and conditions basically preclude them from doing so. The couple says, we didn't even agree to that. That was our daughter using Uber eats, and they're like, well, that's kind of It's sorry, it's a blanket fucking agreement. Man, Like you're you go into arbitration. That's it is what it is. This couple, John and Georgia McGuinty. They filed a lawsuit in February twenty twenty three. This was a year after they suffered quote serious physical, psychological, and financial damages when the Uber they were riding crashed into another car. There are physical scars, mental scars, and I don't think that they will ever be able to go back to their full capacity that they were at before, says their attorney. So they tried to sue Ubers like noah, nah, look at the terms and conditions, and a court was like, oh, I guess not. And now they are like this couple is fighting back because like, our kid is a minor and still it's so, what the how the fuck does any of this work? Now? I think the difference here is the outrage around the Disney Plus thing was because Disney the whole brand is about being familial and family friendly.
Speaker 2: And shit like that.
Speaker 1: So they're like, shit, all right, never mind, whereas this is like all we've seen is like, oh, yeah, write your companies, like we'll pay the alter of state labor laws to They're a lion ass campaign during the last referendum for to like like enshrine that basically California drivers will never have any kind of rights. Yeah, yeah, seriously fucking disgusting. It was most lion asked shit I've seen in quite a long time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, clips only by all these anti don't even other proposition. Yeah, that are sponsored Apartment Association to California. Now, this is a little bit of California inside baseball, because you know, not every state has like voter initiated ballots.
Speaker 2: California baseball has never been stronger. Bro, Yeah, ay, shout out show Hey.
Speaker 1: But there's a proposition Prop thirty three that's about like actually creating affordable housing. And the realtors and landlwered like groups, they have so much money that they have an all out pressure campaign now like this like single black mom, she's like, I'm a single mom. Yeah, And I thought when I heard about Prop thirty three it would be a good thing. But then when I read the finer print, I realized this is actually bad for affordable housing.
Speaker 2: And they have so many versions of this ad.
Speaker 1: They have like a former Broadly professor, Yeah, with his like landlord ys in the ad you were say, they very clearly it's like this bill would alter existing red control laws and it's just like like they couldn't be able to leave out like in favor of tenants, Like yeah, exactly. It's basically it expands the municipality's ability to enact rent control. That's what it's doing to expand the ability. It's going to get rid of laws. Yeah, the backwards ones that were exacerbating the problem.
Speaker 2: Not to be like.
Speaker 1: It is truly like comical. The list of evil people at the end of this is.
Speaker 2: Fine almost not going to see it.
Speaker 1: No, I just want to just read up because like when you because every time you just have to look at the like you know, the fine print on who is actually paying for this and No. One thirty three let's see, uh, businesses, landlords, realtors.
Speaker 2: It's like the National Realtors associations. There's no no clearer. Like sometimes you're at the ballot box. Sometimes you're at the thing and you're like, oh fuck, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Try to at least find out who's pushing for this, because pops and landlords are always on the wrong side of making your life better.
Speaker 2: If I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: If you see chamber of commerce, that's really the one that's pretty much goes across like look at the endorsement. Yes, if you see that, if if multiple chambers of commerce are like, yeah, hey man, we got to get behind this thing that's saying that's the rich people saying they're going to come far back for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, the normal person.
Speaker 1: So anyway, a bit of what is happening here anyway, that's going to do it for us today. We'll be back tomorrow with a brand new episode. We hope you like it. Until then, take care yourselves, take care of each other, get the vaccine, get your flu shots. No know nothing about white supremacy, Keep Palace time free and we will talk to y'all later. Bye.