Speaker 1: We're slay slay.
Speaker 2: Me if you watch your coffee time the baby you know the name Flame, my bro also known as my ro Flame.
Speaker 1: Come in with last and come in.
Speaker 3: With Jim love loundes.
Speaker 2: Baby, you better catch it when you can drop a knowledge from fatherhood to politics, shouting now comics, just paying homage.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 3: Tests?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: She raised shot towns on speaking to the grown a second, We're gonna last come.
Speaker 1: Of the kicking and at again.
Speaker 2: We leave it with just a list of spirits. Think you want to revisit? So your first second listen, young folks. So it's list, oh folks that.
Speaker 1: We dig It's good. Hey no fish do what you do? Y?
Speaker 3: No this?
Speaker 1: Do what you do?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: Kiss you what I do?
Speaker 4: No fish? We pla.
Speaker 5: This is comedian Flame Monroe and welcome to seasons for final episode of laugh Alone. I am your host. Also here with my lovely co hosts, the one and only Toots. Hi you Bobby Cliffords.
Speaker 3: How you doing with good company?
Speaker 6: Today? We do have company.
Speaker 5: We're gonna get to hone a minute because today is a very special day. Not only is our did our last episode of season four and we dig it re signed to season five. But today is my last baby's graduation day. She's graduating from high school. And our special guest has known my children since they were infants.
Speaker 6: So this is going to be way more than just a conversation of friends.
Speaker 5: This woman has known us, partially, taking care of us, looked out for us on so many numerous occasions. But we've watched her stars and steel ras. I want you to introduce a.
Speaker 6: Very special guest, comedian, actress, host, podcaster, friend, new mother, Well, I would say a new mother.
Speaker 5: I think I inspired her to have a baby. Let me just say that one and only missus.
Speaker 6: Kim Wiley. Hey, Kim Whitley.
Speaker 4: I'm trying to eat a snack.
Speaker 5: I see you over there putting the nuts in your mouth, and that's the story of your life.
Speaker 6: Always get some nuts in your mouth. Always listen.
Speaker 5: We are so excited to have you, hear Kim, to close out our season for it because we have guests here and there, and we're gonna talk about you and your life and your career. But we damn sure I want to talk about because this is laugh and learn, this is political hodgepodge, and we both live in California, so we will touch on the situation that is happening in our city and our state as of right down. But first of all, we want to just say, hey, Kim Widley, thank you for joining us here at Laugh and Learn. Bobby a few questions you want to ask Kim.
Speaker 4: First, I had to get a snack my blood sugar drop. I'm about to pass out.
Speaker 6: Don't do that, Kim, don't do that. We can't.
Speaker 3: We can't come from and do CPR or anything either. We're gonna have to just like send a positive vibes Bobby.
Speaker 4: Bobby said, can't come through.
Speaker 3: See, I told you blame. You're used to my absent.
Speaker 5: Bobby is from Boston and she is an Irish woman. And don't worry, you're gonna hear some slang up in here. Kim, withy you and you go. You might be able to use it in your next role when you pass off as an Irish woman. Listen, I want to say congratulations to you on on what season is this for?
Speaker 6: Two funny mamas? Like four five?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we started in the pandemic, so we've been rolling.
Speaker 6: I remember you guys have won.
Speaker 5: That's to Kim, Willie and Sherry Shepherd's podcast it's called Two Funny Mamas, is on YouTube and everything, and they started there during the pandemic because people needed to relate entertain and what the internet did for us as entertainers was y'all thought that we were entertaining y'all, but y'all were keeping us saying we needed somebody to talk to while we were stuck at the house since we didn't have audiences. Kim, what did you and Sherry know that Two Funny Mamas would become exactly what it is.
Speaker 4: No, actually, I thought it'd be better. No, you know, I was looking forward to it. I knew that we both had personalities and sure it was really practicing dec you can get a talk show, but it was fun, you know, And we didn't know become such a place for women and all kinds of people just to really have fun and talk and you talk about everything.
Speaker 6: We gotta.
Speaker 4: We try to make it a structor structured podcast. It's not structured. We've been trying for few years, but we did not know. But we're happy at the outcome.
Speaker 5: I think that's the beauty of the show, because y'all do me all over the place. Y'all be especially you Cam. Let me just be honest, You'll be all over the damn place.
Speaker 4: I do. I try to be professional.
Speaker 6: It's not a professional.
Speaker 5: It's entertaining because with Kim is the ground and you just like the circle and you like she's like the Indian and you're the cowboy just circling the wagons.
Speaker 6: So that is a great, you know, way to watch the show.
Speaker 5: And it's so fun and it's so enlightening because so many women talk about some of the things, the women struggles that you guys talk about as a parent and you know, women's issues and just what's happening in the in the industry as far as being entertainers and comedians, because you're both our comedians. I want to talk to you, Kim about your new movie. You're rolling Adam Sandler's new movie, Happy get More too.
Speaker 4: Very excited about that. Happy gil More two comes out in July, everybody, July twenty fifth on Netflix. And you know, it's been twenty some years that Adam Sandler had made Happy Gilmore big success, and now people have been waiting and begging for him to make a Happy gel More too, And here it.
Speaker 6: Is twenty five. Who kill me? But you look great.
Speaker 5: And let me just say this, because you know, when I'm dressed up, I always wear red hair, I wear my glasses, and I always wear red lifting. Somebody is biting off of my look. I am not gonna say her name, but she's on this podcast right now.
Speaker 4: I've always wanted to be you.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, girl, you don't want to be me. And if you see this, make account, but I'll take it. I damn show take it.
Speaker 6: Listen. We inspire each other.
Speaker 5: So let me give you all some history of me and Kim Willy Maybe so my daughter is just my daughter just made eighteen, so maybe like seventh. Eighteen years ago, Kim Willie had introduced me to WE television by doing a reality show. I was all over the place, crazy and love heartbroken, had just moved to California, and we.
Speaker 6: Didn't get it off the ground. But then Kim ended up having her own kid, little Joshua, who's eleven or twelve now is Joshua.
Speaker 5: Twent thirteen, fourteen fourteen wow. And she had a show on on Call raising Whitley. So it was a synopsis of what it's like and what it takes to raise a kid. Kim adopted Joshua, but it's still her baby. Hear me, when I tell you love it ain't got to come out of you. When it's your kid, you love it, it don't have to come out of you. And we thought it was on for four seasons. It was a great show, and I really believe, I want to say I had a little bit of an inspiration in that because Kim became a mother and she talked about as a comedian and a working actress, but she had a barrage, a village of people around her, because it does take a village to raise a kid.
Speaker 6: And it was a great show. Kim.
Speaker 5: I thought it was a fantastic show, and I think it was very well needed at the time.
Speaker 4: Well, thank you so much. I hope that we, you know, with that show taught people how to build their village and how to ask for help. It was great, Noshall still all the villagers are still around, very instrumental in Joshua's upbringing, his life, his love or his family. He reaches out to them and he you know, needs certain things or questions. So it's really been a great journey.
Speaker 6: So and then other things they're making a new Fridays, Uh what's his name? Ice Cubes movie?
Speaker 5: You're going to be that goes you played him, You played a character, You played an old thought in one of the movies.
Speaker 6: Are you going to be in the new one?
Speaker 4: Toney? That's what it would be, too old thought. That's just what i'd be right now.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you're not old. You look fantastic once you got some of that Benjamin Buddons. You said you ain't told nobody about it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm going let y'all know my secret. But I did talk to ice Cube and they are writing it, so I was like, don't forget sugar. So I'm very excited. Hopefully they will get that off the ground. So that's fun.
Speaker 5: It was, It was fun. Kim was an old auntie. She was one of those aunties that like to touch nephews I show.
Speaker 4: Yeah, honey, Sugar was a mess.
Speaker 6: So, Kim, I want to ask you, because you are from originally are you from You're from Ohio?
Speaker 4: Yeah, from Cleveland.
Speaker 5: Okay, I knew it was in Ohio. I just didn't know it was from Cleveland. How long have you been in California?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: My god, I bet I like by you over thirty years?
Speaker 6: If you got the unfamiliar with Kim's comedy.
Speaker 5: Kim has done so oh my god, so many different platforms of comedy and movies. But to me, Kim, my opinion your comedic actress. There timing when you're doing comedy as an actress is bonkers. Now I've been watching Cam do comedy for twenty years. When I first met Kim, let me give y'all this. It was at a club called the Haha Cafe, her and a guy named Buddy Lewis, where the host by Lewis is still around. And so I came into the club and they put me on stage.
Speaker 4: Did you come in that club with body? YadA YadA, yadda YADDI.
Speaker 5: I still got it and behind this new body, though this newbody is sagging, but I still got that other buddy.
Speaker 6: It just had.
Speaker 5: We just jailed after that moment. It was such a great time. That was so many years ago. Buddy Lewis, who was still friends with Kim Willy and myself to this day, you know, it was just that was a great experience. And I was introduced to Kim Willy through a mutual friend of our. I was Fantasia Lamore. Fantation introduced to Kim Willy you did.
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, Oh my god, please give her my love.
Speaker 6: Absolutely absolutely. She always asked me about you.
Speaker 4: And here's came on my show, Old Drama. I had the talk show on BT, which I'm still wondering why they didn't honor us at the BT Awards.
Speaker 6: Don't worry, I was talking. Don't worry.
Speaker 5: I'm the first trans person ever on b T Have you ever seen me invited back? And they invited all these other trans people back? Everybody would have dick and titties.
Speaker 6: Hen go on there, Laverne Cox, Leslie Jones, all of them.
Speaker 4: He said, Leveslie Jones, Yeah, say Leveslie.
Speaker 6: Jones said, Leslie Jones. Damn it, it was a joke. This is laughing lart, Okay, Kim, I want to get off of the career and then all of that and what else? What else? Does?
Speaker 1: Can I ask you?
Speaker 3: Is Adam Sandler? You know because I'm from Boston. He's right over the border in the Hampshire. He's probably thirty minutes for me. Is he as wonderful to work with as he seems?
Speaker 4: Adam Sandler is absolutely a dream. He's absolutely wonderful. He's funny, he's fun. He's real laid back, and he loves working with comedians and he always calls you back. This is my second Adam Simon movie. Been offered others, but they keep me in the camp. I love it that family, all the other comedians speaking across the water. Sherry and I are going to be in the North to Shore Festival on June twentieth in Newark at the Njpack, and people can get their tickets. Of course, the ticket master. I just want to make sure I sh shot that out. It's two shows. One is sold out, but we have to still have tickets for the nine to forty five show at the NJ Pack, So I wanted to make sure I mentioned that.
Speaker 5: Of course, that's good because too of your mama's are on the road a lot. I see y'all been selling out that it's fantastic. Kim. I want to ask you about what else does Kim Willy wanted her career. Because you've done movies, You've done acting, You've done a bunch of hosting. What do you want because you know your best girlfriend, Sherry Shepherd has the talk show, But what would.
Speaker 6: You like to be doing? Ultimately, Kim, I can see you host of a game show and being hysterically funny.
Speaker 4: But what do you want I do? I would love to host a game show. I've always wanted a talk show, you know, so I started that way. I like to go back to it. But probably directing, producing, that's up acting, But those would be the things. Probably drama do some drama, as you could see Sherry did Straw Tyler Parents.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been seeing all the positive reviews, and I hear very few.
Speaker 5: I hear the negative reviews, mostly from black men, about how tallent periods only telling struggles of black women and who single mothers. I'm like, well, they wouldn't be single mothers if more fathers were present.
Speaker 6: Let me just say that because I am.
Speaker 5: I've been a single parent my children's entire life, struggling. You came together, fighting, borrowing money, hustling whatever.
Speaker 4: Nobody and then not one mama came this way to help you.
Speaker 5: You to one of the funny mamas, where both of the funny mamas have helped me.
Speaker 4: Well, your baby mama's that's what I mean.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well listen, and I had a choice, people always say with I could have said here, take the kids or put the kids into the state and chase my dream. But I didn't want to be one of those parents that didn't know their children. I wanted my children to know me. I wanted to know their favorite food and their favorite color. Sometimes do I regret it when I look at my bank account? Sometimes I do. But the joy of being a parent and now I'm getting my last baby through high school.
Speaker 6: Thank you Lord, I did that.
Speaker 4: You did do that. Good job.
Speaker 5: So Ken, we live in California and you know what we're under right now under this administration. Because our podcast is definitely about politics. I know you're not close to downtown because you're further away from another Americas. I'm in Long Beach. But are you seeing all of this unfold? And I'm sure you have Latin friends, Mexican friends and workers, because you know, how is that affecting you?
Speaker 6: Well?
Speaker 4: Just last night we were sitting in caroline raised backyard and she lives over in Hancock Park. The amount of helicopters that flew over our head, we were like, what's going It was so loud and so long for you know, it went on probably about an hour an hour and a half, but we had to say what what we had to join the news. There were protesters probably on Western or by the mayor's house. But so that's, you know, been a constant with that. Caroline said her movers were moving her some some furniture she bought, and while they were moving, the neighbor he he is on the phone screaming to his neighbors had just gotten taken by ice. So you didn't want to go back home. Just it's getting closer and closer to us. And I do have Latino friends and you know people that I know, and you get concerned. But the bigger concern is how this minish is trying to turn this into a civil war and cause chaos. Chaos will make us will be distracted from what's really going on and the truth and the takeover. And if this is just the beginning, we have three more years, three and a half more years of this, and so I can't imagine what it's going to look like by Christmas or next year. The fear that he is putting in the world, and how the administration is even affecting when I say they've already one friend of mine called me it was like they just took away my insurance. I'm like, what, so I don't know if he's trying to devastate the lower class, the middle class, whatever, and just try to keep the billionaires where they are and make everyone else suffer. I don't know what the endgame is. To answer your question, it is.
Speaker 5: I think he runs off of motion because he'll say something and then a day or two later he'll retract it or say I may. He won't never admit to the mistake. He'll just point out the obvious when people start talking about it. But for me, Kim, I feel it because I have a lot of that Mexican friends here too, because of working here.
Speaker 6: And I went to home. I'm in the process of moving, so I went to home depot, not the home to tell you haul yesterday to purchase some boxes. Any other time when you would go to you haul, the.
Speaker 5: Mexicans would surround your truck, like when you turn on the kitchen at night and the roaches just start scattering.
Speaker 6: Nobody came to the car, No one was there.
Speaker 5: Everybody is So I asked the lady that you are, said, where are all the guys that be out here during the day, laborers and everything? She said, nobody is showing up. Everybody is petrified, And you're right. The fear is how he's winning. The fear is so powerful and people are so intimidated and afraid, and the powers that be will not stand up against this force.
Speaker 6: We are. It's a losing game.
Speaker 5: And I just think that if we don't stand together with our brown brothers and sisters, after he removes the browns, he's coming for the blacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and we can't. We cannot turn away. Even though we say, well, they voted for them, so they can have them, we still got to stand by them because he will turn on us next.
Speaker 3: He's the king of chaos. That's what he does. It's chaotic, chaotic, chaotic, and distractions. That's what flames. Flames. Big word is distractions because we're paying attention to what's happening. Tell La, but we're not talking about the romance and the chaos between Musket and Trump's breakup. We're not talking about the economy, We're not talking about the tariffs or any of the things that are substantive exactly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's the distraction.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and his strategy, his strategy is throw twenty five things at them at one time.
Speaker 5: They're going to pay attention to two or three. But those other twenty three are the ones that we really want to work anyway, and people are so busy fighting with each other, the infighting between the Democratic part I do not claim to be a democratic anymore.
Speaker 6: I had to step away.
Speaker 5: I just I'm independent because the Democrats look so weak and get us in this position. They were so worried about a woman. Let me say this again, and now you know, I am a champion of women. They were so worried about a woman being in a position of power, all her emotion. But look at the emotion that's coming from the top right now, Kim. It is barbaric.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, it's really It is frightening because we don't know what's next.
Speaker 5: No, and then for you to bring in the National Guard and the military from seventy seven Palms.
Speaker 6: Those guys, all they do all day is trained and taint they so they need somewhere to let off all of that energy where they've been training and they've been preparing for this, But they were preparing for this for our foreign adver saries, not for the American cities.
Speaker 4: Sit here, and I'm right, that's the problem, not right here on our soil. It's bad it.
Speaker 3: Is what I feel like not being a California I'm on I'm on the opposite coast. I feel like Karen bass And and Newsome have a little bit of culpability here. They needed to handle the rioters better. I don't know if that's them calling in the National Guard so they could control the narrative, tell them exactly the places they want to put them. But it kind of gave him, It gave him the power, and now he's he's controlling the entire narrative.
Speaker 4: You know, he didn't you know, they didn't ask for the National Guard to come in.
Speaker 6: That's right.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, that's what I'm saying. I wonder if they should have where they could have controlled where they were placed, how many how many troops were put in you know, when the rioting, the agitators got a hold of the situation.
Speaker 6: No, I don't what you're saying about it.
Speaker 5: But on the news, if you're not in California, if you're not on the news, they super sensationalized.
Speaker 6: At other places, they make it look like something.
Speaker 5: Karen bas and Governor Newsom have been doing their jobs, especially that new I love Gavin Newsom and I.
Speaker 6: Love Kring band. They are doing their jobs.
Speaker 5: But what happened was he did executive orders and the people in positions of power over overrode them and just did what they wanted to do. So now they're pointing the finger of blang, which is what he does at Karen Banks and Gavin Newsom, they were jobs. L a p D had it under control. These were was upset. Yeah, l a p D was upset. They said, we didn't even know Ice was coming. Normally you notify us so we can.
Speaker 4: Back you up. He said, we find out after the fact you can't control anything like that.
Speaker 3: They're coming for the worst people. It seems like they're just gathering any people that they can get.
Speaker 5: They're mostly going after the innocent women and children. They're not going to mess with the control loads. They're not going to rest with them game members.
Speaker 3: It's like low hanging fruit is what again? On the opposite side, that's what it looks like. But yeah, I mean, it's the whole thing is it's it's just a mess. You know, when they look they look ridiculous to other countries.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well, America, Courage in America has a different face. Courage in America has a dick and titties. That would be me because I ain't scared of ship. Let me just say that. Secondly, speaking of having the dick and tities, because I am a parent and a and a good dad. So when Kim Whittley's son was going through a growing pain, Kim called me, then I give you a good advice. So that Kim, so I tell him. So many single mothers, so many single women have to understand that when their sons, because if you're when a woman is raising their son, it's different. So when their sons get to puberty and they experience things, a lot of women'll be like, I don't do that. You can't do that. So I told Kim, no, that's not how you handle this. You let a man talk to your son about those unnatural things that happen.
Speaker 6: How did that work out for you and Joshua? Kim, it's boring.
Speaker 4: You don't want them to stop. I want them to stop grabbing it. You know, just a little while ago, I was like, is it itch and wash it? You know I'm adjustin my shirts or justin I'm dying it all. Then you can't your hand off of it.
Speaker 5: This is what we do. Look at that's the other side of me. This is what we do. We have to make sure it's still there. I don't real to make sure that the two fair, that the two fairy didn't steal it in the middle of the night.
Speaker 4: Well baby, if it's the size of a tooth, that's a problem to I.
Speaker 6: Don't know which way our country is handed, but what I see is so scary to me.
Speaker 5: And I'm telling you, but I have my pick right now to put in a candidate for the Democratic Party for us to have a president. It would be Pete bootajedg. They have issues with Pete who.
Speaker 4: You said, pink booty Judge.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, Pete Pete Bootaj Bootajedge to me has the charisma. He definitely has a tenacity, and he has the the the intelligence, and he has to experience a round the country. But they harbor, they would harbor him because he's openly gay, he's in the same sex relationship. I personally think he should just come out and say, yep, some nice, I'll take it over, ass some nice, my husband take it over.
Speaker 6: Ass. What do they have to do? What does that have to do with my part? Because once you own it, they can't own you. Anymore.
Speaker 5: See that's the only political weapon they was with against him. Make it fun and be honest about lse. Okay, now move that out the way. What else do you have? Because just like Gilliam, that Andrew Gilliam and Floyd when he got caught with his pants down, his political man was fantastic.
Speaker 6: He just copled his pants got covered his pants down.
Speaker 5: But if you own that, then you don't you take the power away from somebody else owning that for you?
Speaker 4: What about Newsom?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't want to lose Newsom as the California God. That is so selfish of me.
Speaker 4: I don't want to lose. But do you make a great president?
Speaker 6: I absolutely believe he would. I absolutely believe he.
Speaker 4: What are the superstars we got? What other superstars we got?
Speaker 5: Jeffrey now Corey Booker's two face to me? We got Jeffries, we got King Jeffries.
Speaker 4: How come Jeffrees? That's a good one.
Speaker 3: I got more. I know you don't.
Speaker 4: But I like Wes Moore.
Speaker 3: I really like Wes Moore. There's something if Flamee has reservations. At times, I think she's she's on the fence.
Speaker 6: I don't like French straddlers.
Speaker 5: I like that if you and I understand you, you you seeing things in a different way, But don't start off one way and then completely go the other way.
Speaker 6: If you're gonna shift, show me the reason why you shifted. Don't just shift because the money came in. You know what I mean? Kim?
Speaker 5: That is that is how I see myself as a trans person. I'm always under fire for my own community because I've never shifted.
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 5: I lived as a trans woman. When Kim first met me, I lived as a woman. I did her show her talk to your old drama way back. I can't remember a year, but way back, and I lived as a woman, no kids. He was banging like him saying, but I never shifted to be the trans woman that disrespected the biological woman. I was always just a trans woman that knew who I was. I didn't have a place. I created my own place.
Speaker 6: But I think that is why if Newsom would stay out of the trans stuff, the trans they would love to push that the trans.
Speaker 5: Issues were the reason we lost the election. That was not the reason. That was the rhine, That was the rhine.
Speaker 4: Why why would they say that, what's that to do with it?
Speaker 5: Because they used all of the trans pushing the narrative of we wanted to be on tampon boxes and I'm more woman than you, and a woman is an XX chromosome and a woman is a social construct. The Republicans took that camp and flipped it, weaponize it, and use it against the Democratic Party.
Speaker 6: I watched the Super Bowl.
Speaker 5: They showed Trump's commercial that you're going to send your kids to school as a boy and he's gonna come back as a girl and there's nothing you can do about it. Three times. Three times they showed that commercial. I told Boby clippand on that day, I said, we're toasts. We are toasts, and we became and we became toast.
Speaker 4: You saw wow.
Speaker 5: Well, because somebody in rural America who've never experienced somebody like me, a West Virginia or a Kentucky up in the mountain, who's never seen somebody like me a close and person, never had a conversation to make me, Let you make me comfortable.
Speaker 6: But you're here on TV.
Speaker 5: You're a leader telling you they're gonna You're gonna send Joshua to school this morning, ainst Joshua, and he's gonna come back this afternoon as Jeanette, and there's nothing you could do about it.
Speaker 6: They have taken your power away as a parent.
Speaker 5: That was scariest shit to me cam as a parent and as a transperson.
Speaker 4: Wow, okay, understood.
Speaker 6: But that was not why we lost. That was not why we lost.
Speaker 5: We lost because the Democratic Party put that tail between the legs and they kept fighting with everybody with each other. When Joe Biden finally stepped away and Kamala Harris became the nominee, oh honey, we cheered and danced and split and raised money like a maniac. Six days later, the Democratic Party picked her apart or she's throwing her hair, she's laughing too much. And there was no need for the Republican Party to go up to us. The Democrats are notorious for picking each other apart.
Speaker 6: The Republicans stententos down. This nigga can have his hand in the cookie job, stealing right in on the camera.
Speaker 5: You know what they said, Oh yeah, he was just he was just taking one cookie. He got the whole cookie job on his arm. But they are brilliant for sticking together.
Speaker 4: Yes, we need to learn from them on that and get a message.
Speaker 3: We need a clear message. I mean David Cogg, the vice chair for DNC, left the Democratic Party today. That was shocking to me. Wow, because he's one of he doesn't he doesn't like where the parties had a yes. And this is a young kid, you know, who I was hoping was going to help to drive and form the party. As you know, our white haired guys started to be picked off one by one. Right, so we've got we need a better message.
Speaker 5: Well, Kim is big in political push and fundraising because she was deep behind Mayor Bass. Kim, do you ever see yourself down the line possibly getting into politics.
Speaker 4: I've always I've always thought about being a mayor.
Speaker 6: Always.
Speaker 4: My parents always wanted me to be in politics. But the way it is now probably not.
Speaker 6: Yeah. It's a very shitty game. It's a very.
Speaker 4: And it's a lot of work. And because I look at I look at Karen Bass. As much as she loves the city and much good she does, when those fires hit, people tore her apart. She's only She's only one mayor. She's not the mayor of all the cities. And people aren't educated enough to think they think Karen Bass the mayor everywhere in Los Angeles no, no, nope, there's twenty five other mayors and she can't overlighte. She's not like, oh, I'm the big mayor, I'm the big boss.
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 4: So it's a lot of things that people don't understand. And so when it comes to politics, you know, when it's going good, everybody's riding with you. But when it goes bad, they come against you. It's just always what it is.
Speaker 5: People are so shortsighted when they went after her and the fire started. She was overseas lining up China to make sure that we could have the Olympics here, and nobody thought about that. All they thought about, well, well she was that she was on vacation. No, she was doing her job, was not.
Speaker 4: Biden sent her there. That's what people need to understand. The President sent her there because you know, she was always in politics and who better represent the United States but camp beat's at that time, so she went over. She didn't say, well, there's gonna be a fire in my city, so you know, just people need to be more educated on what's going on.
Speaker 3: She came right back. So I'm like some people flame crisis. Yeah, the vacation taker. It was a cruise, was.
Speaker 5: That cruise in Texas. Wait Cam the next time you speak with Karen Baske, because you and I were at one of her fundraisers and they brought me on stage. Jamie Masida brought me on stage to raise money for it, and I had money in both of my teachers. I said, this money is the Democratic money. This is the Republican money. I say now, I said, this is the independent money. But the Republican money is up under my dress. And so she and I laughed. So she told me she was going to give me a job, and I told I wanted to work with the trans youth because I would like to work with the trans youth to educate them on being authentically themselves. Now letting somebody else tell you what you are and how you got to feel. I know who you are and what you are, but I ain't heard from my ass no more. So you tell them when I see it, I might call out and I.
Speaker 6: Would do that. I would never do that.
Speaker 4: I'm telling you still want to do it.
Speaker 6: I'd still want to. I want And now I just watched them. They have just stripped all gender affirming care for the youth at the Children's hospital here in California. Because the Trump administration threatened to stop all the funding if they did. This is what I was talking about when I was on the Breakfast Club and they went after me so hard, when I was like, listen, you need to be a certain age to make these decisions. Had I started taking hormones at fourteen and remove my penis so I would never have my children, I would never know what my life would have been because I didn't allow a chance for life to life. And that is what I think we should.
Speaker 5: Let people understand that you will change your mind from fourteen to nineteen, and from twenty one to twenty eight, and from thirty two to forty.
Speaker 6: You change your mind, let your body a heel to that. But they didn't want to hear that. But I do want to do that job, Kim.
Speaker 5: I would love to get into politics, but my parents ain't gonna let me get in a positives I've done everything. They're gonna be like, oh yeah, I'll be like, but I'm gonna tell it first. So, like I said about poolage, is if you tell it first, you take away a person's power to have that opening.
Speaker 4: Should it true? That is facts.
Speaker 6: What's next in the future for Kim Whitley for.
Speaker 4: Kim Whitley, still doing too funny mine and build that brand and going to you know, the North to Shore Festival with two funny mamas have of course, you know, my dad is ninety one. I like to go home and visit my dad. I got to get Joshua in summer school and then get him ready for high school for next year. Listen. I just did a movie called Last Shop on Walnut. I filmed that in Cleveland. That was great. I did a movie with Mac ten called Scratch that was fun. So what's this.
Speaker 6: Been?
Speaker 4: Busy? More stand up? I gotta get, you know, back on the road doing stand up. Get a special going, and you know, maybe with all this going on, I'll find a boyfriend who knows.
Speaker 5: Speaking speaking of your stand up, so the last time I seen you do stand up, which was last year at the Miracle Theater with the Elliott Brothers, that was the best I had ever seen you. You have found your voice to me now, Kim as a stand up comedian coach your pal, I was like, who.
Speaker 4: Is this at you?
Speaker 6: On stage?
Speaker 5: I ain't got to say because you, like you said, you're usually all over the place.
Speaker 6: Girl.
Speaker 5: You were pile pile. It was fanda and I told you, I said, girl, that's the best idea. I'm gonna say, you do that, and you know that's who I am. I'm gonna tell you, girl, I'm watching. That was fantastic. Kim you your new your stand up now whatever you didn't did and revamp yourself. I think it's the new hair color.
Speaker 6: Girl, you killer, shut up?
Speaker 4: You know what I tell you what I'm trying to be like you. But it was those eight weeks doing Jimmy Kimmel in Vegas, that residency and doing those shows every week, you know, was a damn training ground.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I had a show on Sunday and a show on Monday, and I went back to LA but every week with people from all over the world fun. It really built my confidence and my and my comedy.
Speaker 6: I called you every week to a saint. When you get on stage, I have.
Speaker 4: A that's what you're saying.
Speaker 6: That's the magic of comedy to me. Once you know yourself, if you haven't found the audious resonates with that. So they're having fun watching you have fun.
Speaker 5: That's true because you know most comedian say, girl, go out there and kill It'll go kill it, kill it.
Speaker 6: I never like kill it. I like have a great time because we gonna want yes, yes, that is listen right now, kid. We need to laugh, and we have to laugh to keep him crying. We are living in the most barbaric times of my lifetime.
Speaker 5: And I'm about to be thirty nine years old next month, so we are living in the most barbaria.
Speaker 6: Look we all faces pros up. Wait a minute, wait a minute, you know how goot y'all.
Speaker 4: I was laughing at the barbaric part too.
Speaker 5: The damn it is barbaria because we have to think that there's a snowball effect that if he's doing this to one group of people, we are damn show lad up. In Project twenty twenty five, Bobby and I talked about a year before Jerizie p Henson mentioned it on the beach here was we were already.
Speaker 6: Talking about it here at left alert. We knew what was coming down the pipe.
Speaker 4: No, you're absolutely right. It is barbaric.
Speaker 6: Is the word.
Speaker 4: Absolutely I would agree with you.
Speaker 6: Are you looking forward to maybe ten years being a grandmother? Oh?
Speaker 4: God forbid, God forbid. I don't know if I'm looking forward to that as of yet. I'm looking forward to him going to college. How about that. Let's get that out the way.
Speaker 6: That college the college days is sketchy right now?
Speaker 4: Good God, I know, I know all the things that have happened, you know, just being happy and healthy for all the people falling off and dying. You know. I just pray for health every day. You know. We used to pray for wealth, but health is wealth at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: It is the truth. It's funny as you get a few years older, once you hit your forties, you realize that's the truth. Is that what I'm supposed to say? Fan, Once you hit you're going to be forty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm gonna be Don't do that. I'm only going to be thirty. Kim. Do you enjoy being you enjoy being a mother?
Speaker 4: I love being a mother and changed my life. Gave me really something to look forward to in my life, you know, not always Oh I gotta get a man. I gotta get a man. You know, had this little human who I got to shape his life and pour into him. I love him, he loves me, and to build a family, to have that family and just you know, teaching him, laughing with him, scolding him, you know, it's part of my every I think it is the reason why I work. I almost say is the reason why I breathe. Just the reason I look at everything that I do is about being a mother. You know why, of course the career. But you're constantly like, oh, I gotta I gotta get him in school, I gotta get the school clothes, I gotta feed him. What's he gonna eat today? Did he drink enough water? It is a constant worry. So I would say I do enjoy it.
Speaker 6: The three of us are single parent is a single parent as well.
Speaker 4: Oh so you're tired too.
Speaker 3: Well, mine's grown and I have failure to launch. Next door in the other room, he's grown, and Harry's hilarious. The best thing I ever did. But sometimes I go, oh god, I did too much, or you know, you can kind of see your mistakes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, when you when you got Joshua, you were actually sat white because it wasn't planned at all, was it?
Speaker 4: No, it was not planned, But the Lord is always planning.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 4: I wasn't ready for it, and uh, it threw me for a loop, stopped my life. But you know, this baby came and they called me and my mother, who's always known best, said you go get that baby. That's your baby. I was like, uh no, my mother's side, you ain't got no man, you ain't got no kids. You really ain't got nothing to do today. She said, go get that baby.
Speaker 3: So that is hysterical. I love not about being a single parent. I love that I didn't have to ask anybody anything. Did you enjoy that. I mean, it's nice to have a partner, but I got to raise them the way that I wanted to and I didn't have to ask permission or bought up against anybody. I think that's one of the positives of being a single parent.
Speaker 4: Yes, mine is a little different because Joshua has a dad. And the reason I say that is because Rodney Van Johnson Joshua was a weeko baby and he was, you know, a friend of mine and part of my ability. And so I grew up without a dad, he said, And I really don't want Joshua's experience that, so that has been his father from day one. I don't really have to ask permission, but I do consult. That's great and Joshua, so that that is a freedom that is nice that you could just say you know what, I'm gonna send them to the school, or you're gonna put these pants on? Because I said he's gonna put these pants on.
Speaker 6: You're doing with that, Kim.
Speaker 5: I want you to understand from this is the man in me talking because there was two of us up in here. What that is going to do for Joshua is to see that when you ask his dad certain things, especially in front of him, that will teach him that when he becomes a man and he gets a woman, he would treat his children more fairly because he'll have the mom to say, hey, should we do this? Okay, that is a great You don't even know that you're doing it, because people always say kids, kids pick up everything.
Speaker 6: Kids watch everything that we do.
Speaker 5: We watch everything that we do, and you think they're not paying attention, and then they come ten years later say I remember when you used to do this, and you befool like I didn't even though you saw me do that. So that's a great That is a great story, Kim, And that's going to be a that's going to be an instrumental and making him a whole man.
Speaker 4: Fantastic. Thank you for that. I appreciate that because I always worry about. You know what I'm showing in him and what I'm teaching now.
Speaker 5: Girl, I wanted you to come to my open house when they have it in my house Sunday and badest house on Father's Day. I guess they have no respect for me of being a father. But girl wants you to bay his house somemore. I'm looking to move as we speak.
Speaker 6: Good God, who was that that just came from behind you? That's my partner, LB Hey, Lb, she came here. I got you the thing that LB Kim Willy said hello. He said hello, beautiful and you do look beautiful. Kim. I never seen you this pretty, even with blind.
Speaker 3: She just did.
Speaker 4: I was, let me tell you something. I feel better. I was about to pass out.
Speaker 6: I was. I wasn't that pretty?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 6: My? Well? It was well nuts, peanuts, you know.
Speaker 4: Cashus my, it's so crazy.
Speaker 6: My god, Kim with you. I want to tell you thank you for joining us. I am I'm excited to see what the future holds. Who if you say something so prolific to me?
Speaker 5: Because everybody knows Sherry to be witty and storytelling, funny and woo wo, but she was so dramatic and strong. I would like to see you stretch your dramatic chumps, Kim. I would love to see you in some crazy derange serial killer woman, drama, kidnapped the kids, put the bitch in the trunk with a pampa on draft, Oh so crazy, and kill it, Kim, and that that would be your big award, because everybody knows you for the funny. Show them baby, it's a whole lot of dimensions up under his layers. That would be great. Jump Tyler Perry. Put my girl in a dramatic movie and make her pull it up, take a wig off and everything.
Speaker 6: I ain't never seen Kim Real's hair. I've never seen Kim's real.
Speaker 4: Hair, and you won't. Drama girl.
Speaker 5: You had to have your real hair and the drama crazy, you know, like Danna Ross and Lady Saints the Blues when she was wrecked in.
Speaker 6: A and I do have that.
Speaker 4: If you ever watch The Bay, it's on the frime and on YouTube. Babe, the series I played this character called Big Candy and I was in jail. My hair was an episode of that. Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you, Kim, that to me, especially when everybody knows you for your funny everybody knows you for the big personality dismount and it used to be Kim. Kim used to be only teeth and titties. That's all she used to be known. Hair teeth and titties.
Speaker 3: That's a good combination.
Speaker 4: Hair teeth and titties.
Speaker 6: That was who came.
Speaker 5: That could be the name of your special hair teeth and titties and.
Speaker 6: Funny it laughs.
Speaker 4: Right, Well, I forgot I gotta get a babysit on Jesus.
Speaker 6: That was always who you were.
Speaker 5: But Kim, I would love to see you do something like that because I think I know you have it in you. I've been knowing you a long time and I've only ever seen you upset one time. Actually, but I think that would be fantastic for your career. Actually, people will see, Wait a minute, is that everybody gonna say the same thing?
Speaker 6: Is that Kim Whidley. I'm gonna say, right right.
Speaker 3: You've heard it here.
Speaker 4: I do appreciate that. Thank you.
Speaker 5: You can catch Kim Widley on tour on kay Y m W H I T L E Y. She also has social media platforms. She also does a weekly is It Weekly with Cherry Shepherd Too Funny Mama for sure.
Speaker 4: Yeap every week drops the new podcast every Thursday.
Speaker 5: And Chris and Chris is their producer. We love Chris. Chris is just the nicest guy. He always acknowledges me whenever I'm in the lab. Whenever I get the ding and I watch it, he always says, flame myro is in the chat. I'm always in the chat listening and appreciate. Thank you Kim, thank you from Laugh and Learn for coming here joining us. I'm excited to see the new movie with Adam Sandler. I cannot wait.
Speaker 4: Right happy to give more too, coming out in July. I appreciate it.
Speaker 6: July twenty fifth on Netflix until Adam sandlue the next time you need a transactress in the movie, he ain't just got. It's more than just one or two. I'm here waiting for a phone call.
Speaker 5: I was going to do one of his movies years ago with Lunel and a little person. But I called the girl a midget, and she had a mail down and started crying, and when left, I didn't know it was. It was when the whole councel culture started. You couldn't say the word midget, but she was a damn midget. I should have said a little person. And I wasn't being offensive. I just was used to saying midget.
Speaker 4: Well that was the word back then, so I don't wouldn't know that.
Speaker 6: Oh honey, she was. She almost jumped out her chairs start and started growing. Good guy, you what too fresh.
Speaker 4: Bobby were knowing?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It was very nice meeting you.
Speaker 4: I was so excited, Thank you, Bobby. I really had a good time. Thank you playing.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to go deep. Yes, we didn't want to go deep. We wanted to just let you. But Kim, you look great. You look happy. That's what you look.
Speaker 5: And I love to see that because I've been knowing you such a long time and I love to see what my friends who have got a little season look happy.
Speaker 4: Yes, everybody, here go Bobby, Here go, Bobby. Well, thank you all so much.
Speaker 6: I got your.
Speaker 4: Last this is your last episode. Congratulations season four.
Speaker 5: We talked season five in a couple of weeks, So thank you for being I guess, yes, thank you appreciate you.
Speaker 6: Don't miss an episode of Laugh and Learn.
Speaker 5: Listen and subscribe on the Black Effect Podcast network, Alright Heart Radio app or wherever you get your podcasts. Laugh and Learned podcast is a production of the Black Effect Podcast Network and iHeartRadio. Our ejective producer is Tiffany Hattish. Our theme music is by the one and only Christy Payne. Thank you, guys, this is Slamming Road. Don't forget to laugh, Listen and learn