Speaker 1: Welcome in my friends the Peanuts and Cracker Jacks to leading off right here on fantasy pros. I am not.
Speaker 2: Joe Piece of Pia.
Speaker 1: Over there is not Chris Welsh. That's actually me. That's Ryan Wormley and Ryan we've got a little bit of an overlay problem today. I have the Joe Piece of Pa line and you've got the Chris Welsh line. So Ryan, I suggest you have bad takes on Dylan Ceese. You learn up on some prospects even more than you already know. You can't just talk Orioles and oh, I don't know, you know, maybe get.
Speaker 2: A tiara or two. What should I do as Joe Piece of Pia?
Speaker 3: You should probably shave your head.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say it's a good thing that I'm not in the Joe Piece of pac because I have way too much hair as it is, even for my normal standards, let alone Joeyp's normal standards. And I think we were already gonna maybe lament about the Mets a little with the justin Verlander news, but I probably want to do that a little bit more than you're going to already.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Corbyn, Carroll just like say things about Corbyn Carroll and you'll be okay. But you know what, this is actually great because I don't have to hear anything about Dylan ces today because you're me, so you're can get all of it.
Speaker 2: So Ryan, what is the Twitter handle again?
Speaker 3: Is at Ryan Warmley.
Speaker 4: That's warmly like the name, like the word, not the name war m l y.
Speaker 1: All right, So all your diamond, all your diamondback and Welsh hate send it over there for the overlay issue. Welcome in everybody to leading offroat to you by prize picks. No Joe piece of pa today because he's actually in my land. He is actually within the vicinity of me. I believe right now he is out here wandering the world and I will see him very shortly. But me and Ryan Wormley, we've got it lockdown for you today after what was an awesome opening day full of all of the stuff and things. And you mentioned this before we got on like we're not gonna always talk about like rule changes and stuff, but we saw some big changes overall. Number one being the pitch clock. Ryan average game time two hours forty two minutes. Ten out of the fifteen games were under three hours. That was down about a half an hour across the board. Pitchclock had three or four incidents. I think Marcus Stroma was like the number one. There wasn't anything absolutely insane like game time's down. I think overall fun up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think it was average about one violation per game.
Speaker 3: I think it ended up.
Speaker 4: I think it was fourteen violations on the day if I remember correctly, So it's not too intrusive. My biggest issue with the pitch clock, like just the idea of it and throughout screen training, was I hated seeing like games end on it, right, and those were the extreme examples. Of course, you don't expect that to happen certainly every game or anywhere close to it. Those are the ones where I take issue when it just speeds up the game like this. It's actually pretty nice. I am somebody who's a bit of a purist when it comes to baseball and the history and the rules, but this seems to be pretty effective, and it didn't seem to interfere with games as much as I had thought it might when I first heard about the rule change.
Speaker 3: So you're right.
Speaker 4: It was an awesome opening Day. Every opening days fun for its own reasons. This was a really fun day, and I think the pitch clock to a degree contributed to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think overall, like the changes in the rules, across the board only had positives. The other one stolen bases. Stolen bases were up. Our friend, our mutual friend, Alec Fast, he had this tweet highlighting and that on the twenty twenty two opening day five stolen bases, four were caught with a fifty six percent success rate. Well, on opening day here we had twenty one stolen bases, only two caught a ninety one percent success rate. Your Orioles had five of those stolen bases. They accounted for roughly almost a quarter of all the stolen bases. But across the board, dudes were running and it's exactly what we expected. Early on in spring training the numbers were starting to increase. By the end we saw a full double stolen base attempts and stolen bases done from this year to the prior year. And that showed over in the very first game. We really might be on for multiple fifty plus stoes and base guys. We got to see how aggressive it is full term. But I was very excited about seeing all those stolen bases. I think it's great for the game overall and for fantasy, maybe a little bit easier for the rest of us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's super fun. And you mentioned the Orioles getting five. You know, it's hard to tell. Was that they were taking advantage of Reese maguire and Boston or It was also Jorge Mateo and Cedric Mullens who led the American League as a duo last year. So this is a team that was already willing to run with It's really fast, guys. I'm not surprised they ran even more this year, but yeah, they matched last year's opening day total. There were a fewer games last year, of course an opening Day, but still, that's kind of crazy to think about. And the success rate is what really stands out to me, not just a volume, because I think we all expected, just given all the rules changes, to see more attempts, but to see them actually being effective right off the bat. I think you will see more teams start to run more and more.
Speaker 3: We saw it early. I think we're gonna see it often throughout the year.
Speaker 4: And it makes it interesting because there have been so many years in the past recently where it's so difficult to find steals that they become at a premium and you're playing in roto leagues now, if they're become more readily available, it kind of changes how you have to approach that stat really going forward until these rules changes ever happen again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think it's gonna keep going.
Speaker 1: Like obviously the different game sizes and Opening Day last year this year, but I think that number still was up over like the full weekend of Opening Day weekend on last year. I still don't even think we've scratched the surface. We had a couple of multi stolen base attempts. I think there's a couple guys. Obviously I'm a Corbyn Carroll homer, But Corbyn Carroll going up and gets a lefty yesterday, I'm much more intrigued about it today, where he probably gets higher in a lineup. That's a guy that's going to be running. I think when we go when we look at the stolen bases over Opening Day weekend compared over, we're gonna really have our minds blown a little bit.
Speaker 4: Well, don't forget I'm actually the Corbyn Carroll homer today because I.
Speaker 2: Am sorry, mister Welsh. I'm sorry, mister Welsh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I have to, I have to make some joke about the Mets, and I have to.
Speaker 2: I have to keep it into my wheelhouse for sure.
Speaker 1: The Al East big offense Orioles ten runs, Red Sox had nine Blue Jays ten Also, by the way, Springer was phenomenal, and we had the Yankees with the Aaron Judge homer. Let's also not we don't have it on this list, but let's not forget the Rays with Wander Franco hitting that big late homer. A lot of offense out of the Al East. Ton of excitement in there, but also maybe some questions on pitching in general outside of garat Cole was like, you know, obviously great with the big.
Speaker 2: Strikeouts, but a lot of offense.
Speaker 4: And your division, yeah, really fun to watch every Alea's team one except for you know, two of them were facing each other, so one of them had to lose there.
Speaker 3: You're right.
Speaker 4: I when putting together the notes, I didn't write down the Rays because they only scored four runs.
Speaker 3: But you're right, Wander Franco obviously a highlight there.
Speaker 4: As well, and I think this is going to be a sign of things to come in the division throughout this entire year. You know, as an Orioles fan going into the year thinking about their chances of making a surprise run at the division title. You know, the Yankees are top heavy, they obviously have stars. I don't love their depths. The Red Sox, I don't think they're gonna be very good. Sorry, Mike Mayer. You know the Rays are always obviously a smart team. The Blue Jays are the ones that really scared me. Like, if there's a team I think in this division that can actually run away with it, I think it's Toronto. It's not just George Springer. Obviously, Boba Schet Vladdie had a good day. Those three guys combined to go eleven of sixteen in Game one, six runs for RBI between that trio.
Speaker 3: I think that offense is really scary.
Speaker 4: I know Minoah didn't pitch well, but obviously Gossman you know, in that rotation as well.
Speaker 3: So I think that's a really scary team.
Speaker 4: But the entire division, I think we're gonna see a lot of fireworks this year.
Speaker 1: But you know, there's a good point in the chat j Full Full of Metal K brought up that like, was this bad pitching or was this dominant offense. Wonky had the classic Wonky little snark in the chat of like, hey, who knew that Klueber and Gibson. I mean, you're gonna put it up here, you know who didn't think that Kluver and Gibson was not.
Speaker 2: Going to be a huge pitcher's duel. It's a decent point. It's obviously a big offense.
Speaker 1: But like George Springer five for five, do you think this had to I mean, I guess you do because you said it like that.
Speaker 2: Do you think this has to do.
Speaker 1: With more of the power and not maybe the lack of pitching overall in the division?
Speaker 3: I'm sure to a degree it's both.
Speaker 4: I don't love the pitching in the division, so that's not like some crazy angle that I didn't think about. But it's also not like these teams scored six seven, eight runs. This nine runs, ten runs, ten runs. I think that the power in the in the division is just really good. I think it's the most powerful division in the sport. It's just something that I expect to see a lot. And also we saw across the board a lot of pitchers struggled, not just in this division yesterday, I don't know. It's sort of like a cliche to say that, like pitching usually starts off ahead of the hitters in April, that wasn't the case yesterday, but I wasn't just in the division.
Speaker 3: Maybe it's something to do with the pitchclock. I don't know. I'm sure we'll see that play out more as.
Speaker 4: The season goes on, But my gut tells me that, you know, on the graph of this, more of that percentage is the hitters unless the pitchers, though again I don't think the pitcher's for that.
Speaker 3: Great.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I actually kind of agree with that too. I think there's a lot you saw like PitchCom issues.
Speaker 2: I saw like that.
Speaker 1: I think it was Zach Gallen kept like dropping his PitchCom and there's all these weird PitchCom things that were going on, and there's adjustments across the board and not being able to throw over that is gonna take a little bit of time, which hitters are gonna be able to take advantage of a couple more in the news, we'll get to the injuries as we blow through. O'Neal Cruz Hunter greamed huge matchup Cruse four to twenty five homer one oh, one came off the fastball. If you picked him, Remember yesterday, what a dummy me with the home run call. I flipped a coin, Ryan, I said, my gut or my manament, Chad, it was my head. But then all of a sudden it got into me. I wanted to pick oneal Cruz. I flipped the coin and I got it wrong. If you went Oneal Cruz, it worked out Hunter Green though through forty four pitches and triple digits he struck out eight. Is really good matchup of two couple young guys, but Oneal Cruz took that when it makes me feel all types of fantasy feelings.
Speaker 4: Ryan, Yeah, I mean this is the future of the NL central right is these young stars. And obviously it feels kind of weird to put in the headlines, you know, Pirates, Reds. It's there's our teams that were interested in this year in terms of the division, but just for the future of what it looks like a couple of really fun young stars. And we were talking actually yesterday after this had already happened, how the exit VLA from Cruise plus the pitch velocity from Green on that pitch that he hit out is got to be one of the highest combined velocity readings we've ever seen in a matchup, because they both bring the heat in their own ways and it's really fun to watch and they're two special talents.
Speaker 1: I saw an overlay two thing that said there was one pitch. It obviously didn't register that way, but it was like one oh five. It came in one oh five one Hunter Green, but it didn't register on stat cast, But I saw that, and I was just like.
Speaker 2: What are we doing here? What are we doing with the oldest Yeah, it is crazy.
Speaker 1: On the last bit of news, Otani fastest pitch in the game and hardest hit ball in the game, which is just a crazy, crazy number. You had an interesting stat twenty six opening days starts since nineteen oh one with ten strikeouts, no runs allowed. But the first time the pitcher lost the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, as I like putting it in the notes, he got tungsten Armo doyleed again.
Speaker 3: It's just that tweet.
Speaker 4: From several years ago is just the gift that keeps on giving, And it's so true.
Speaker 3: Every time you tune.
Speaker 4: Into an Agel's game, Otani does something is doric and then they lose the game. That was a tweet from Sarah Lang so credits a her for pointing that out. But yeah, he just he remains incredible, fun to watch, best player in baseball, and yet the Angels still can't do anything with it.
Speaker 2: No, no, they can.
Speaker 1: Hopefully, my internet looks like it's all wonky, so hopefully you guys can hear me. Okay, all the craziness of Opening Day destroyed everything apparently at my house. On the injury front, Justin Verlander places on the IL could miss a month. Max Fried came out with a strained hamstring, likely headed to the IEL. Do not like that one whatsoever. Wilson Katrice left with a left knee contusion, Daniel Bard came out on the fifteen day IL.
Speaker 2: Due to anxiety.
Speaker 1: Luis Urias also had a little hamstring strain, and Aderbert Mondesty officially placed on the sixty day ile. Any of those stand out to you, it kind of Freed was the one that jumped out to me as like the biggest concern, but I guess it wasn't an arm issue.
Speaker 4: Well, Freed is definitely the biggest concern because I think I roster him in every one of my leagues this year.
Speaker 3: I love Freed.
Speaker 4: I have them in all my dinastics everything, so that that one hurts a lot. And then the Vertlander just was kind of a surprising thing to see, you know, as opening day is getting going could miss a month. Like he's obviously been at the top of the picture rankings for years and years and years, and now he's getting older.
Speaker 3: He's not there anymore.
Speaker 4: And this is why you kind of get nervous about older pictures, is the injury problem.
Speaker 3: So those are the two that stand out to me.
Speaker 4: I guess also Contrari's just because Catcher is so shallow, and you know, you never want to see a catcher dealing with knee issues given the what they have to do when they're playing catcher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, especially getting a little bit older too. Like the offense really, I mean you could say that offense really need him, but like, look at all the pieces that we're coming out, Brennan Donovan, Yeah, awesome yesterday, Jordan Walker getting his first hit. So they can afford it, but you know they don't want it. Hey, friends, here to remind you that you guys can get a one year free premium upgrade to Fantasy Pros by just commenting, subscribing.
Speaker 2: And you can win. You can get advice.
Speaker 1: They've got the mock drafts, you can manage all your multiple teams. And you guys can check out the My playbook, download it and win. It's got lineup assistance, waiver assistance, trade analyzers, league analyzers, manage your Fantasy baseball lineups and dominate your league. You can get My Playbook by downloading it today. And like I said, right here, you've got an opportunity to win a one year free premium upgrade at Fantasy Pros just by subscribing and commenting.
Speaker 2: Why would you not want to do so? Right, mister Chris Welsh.
Speaker 1: By the way, my hair was this big issue yesterday in the chat. I appreciate that you have got we've got both, like the big poof that's going on, so.
Speaker 3: Yeah, arguably too much poof.
Speaker 2: But yeah, well I don't know.
Speaker 1: I was saying, maybe you know, like those memes where it's like upgrade and it keeps getting bigger and bigger and bigger.
Speaker 2: Like we'll do that.
Speaker 1: I think through the season. Maybe I'll just never cut it and we'll see if we can get it. Like I can sit down and we can get it off the screen for the entire year is what I'm looking for us in stats three up and three down. I'm gonna blow through these three stats. I know exactly who you gonna pinpoint.
Speaker 2: CJ. Cron was awesome.
Speaker 1: Four for five, two homers, five rbs, absolutely dominated the padres. And one of the funniest things that Bogin and I were kind of reliving is a lot of people have focused so much on how, oh well CJ. Cron He's really great at home, but you can't play him on the road. Well, he completely destroys the narrative by doing it on the road, and he dominated it.
Speaker 2: And which was not just on the road.
Speaker 1: In San Diego on a cold, wet night there was rain, there was They were like mopping up the fields, putting kitty litter or whatever the hell they were putting on over their dirt, and he was still able to dominate your boy, Ally Rudgman five for five a homer of four RBIs plus we saw Garrett called Dylan Ce's and Chow Hail Tone all went at least six while striking out ten and.
Speaker 2: Allowing one or fewer runs. Those are some big stat ups.
Speaker 1: But I know Adley's on your mind. Because he looked incredible.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean some people are asking what's more impressive, Adley going five for five or me going five for five and slow pitch.
Speaker 3: Softball last night.
Speaker 4: I'll leave that up to the listeners today side, I had a couple options. You know what I wanted to wear on this show. I've got my Orioles Hawaiian sure.
Speaker 3: I that I love.
Speaker 4: I've got a Fantasy Pros baseball jersey, which is great. But I had to rock the Adley Rushman jersey. Of course, see it is Rushman. I don't know if I can get it up in the camera shot. I could turn herround. Yeah, but this is an Adley jersey. It's my favorite jersey I own, of course, at least until they failed to sign him, which will be devastating.
Speaker 2: Half that a really interesting thing.
Speaker 1: I so not that we can't get off on a tangent. It tangent a lot more. Joe's not here to wrangle me in. But like I had this exact conversation with Scott Bogwin, we're opening day. I was like, oh my god, I need a Corbyn Carroll jersey. I've got an autograph one, but I want one to wear and he was like, you know, I'm gonna turn forty this month, are coming up into here in April, and it's like I might be out of the range where I can wear a jersey. What do you think the appropriate age to jersey ratio is ryan as someone who is in their thirties wearing a jersey of another.
Speaker 4: I'm just barely in my thirties. I am only thirty, so I'm not like, you know, that far into it. I am probably I don't know a limb here. I think you can wear a jersey at any age. I think you can bring a glove to a game at any age. We like sports because they're a game, they're fun, they're an escape. They appeal to the kid and us. Like, I will never judge anybody for wearing a jersey. I do judge sometimes some of the customer jerseys you see, although there was a funny one somebody had arson judge on a Giants jersey that I saw walking around in reference to the John Hayman sweet of course. But in general, if you love a player like I think it's totally fine. I do think football jerseys are maybe a little better to wear because it's just sort of like once a week you gather for the big game, like all on Sunday, where as supposed to baseballs every day.
Speaker 3: You're not gonna wear jersey every dayor anything.
Speaker 4: But I think if you're going to a stadium, I don't care what age you are, like wear the jersey. I just get nervous about, like I said, getting a young guy like Carol, I guess he's actually got the extension, but like a guy like Adley, like they don't eventually extend him, then the jersey will look bad down the line. That's happening to be with my Lamar Jackson jersey right now. But in general I'm very pro jersey.
Speaker 2: Okay, good, this is a good chat.
Speaker 1: This is a good chat. That is the support. Thank you guys for all supporting that we can wear jerseys. Now I just need a Corbyn Carol one, so yes please and thank you.
Speaker 4: Also also clearly before we move on, because I just have to actually talk about Adlee incredible. It's not like rest of the season rankings like jump into number one at catch or anything, but if he becomes the number one catcher in fantasy, like this is what it's going to look like. Some power obviously had a foreigner foot home run and then a lot of singles taking the pitch going the opposite way with it.
Speaker 3: Great. I think the lineup, you know, I thought this was going into the game.
Speaker 4: Obviously it played out this way is going to be much improved around him.
Speaker 3: That's more opportunities for runs and RBI.
Speaker 4: I just think he's going to have an incredible season and outside of the steels, like, I think he'll be the best catcher in like basically the other four category.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's possible.
Speaker 1: I said on IL that I think he's the number at least the number two catcher lockdown by All Star break, and he might be number one. The other thing that keeps away is like Germito hitting three and also stealing bases. But what he did yesterday was absolutely phenomenal. Also, Chris Evans in the chat was pooh poohing CJ. Krohn, which is fine because I'm not saying I'm not sitting here, I'm trying to find the comment. Yeah right here, wimpy shots barely clear the wall. Don't get too excited. But that's not the point. The point is is he was successful on the road. Like we're not saying CJ. Cron is the biggest, baddest, first basement, go and trade everything for him. But no, his weakness is on the road. He dominated in a cold, wet environment that he did on the road, that this is not what he does.
Speaker 2: So that's what's exciting about c J. Kron.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, a wimpy home run is still a ball you hit over the fence against a major league pitcher, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: And then on the injuries, we're gonna are the down three stats are gonna plow through these. Jacob de Gram, Nola Gallon, Manoa, Michaelis all of that five earned runs, a lot of three and two thirds. Also on opening Day, Corey Kluber also allowed. But as you pointed out, who cares Max Munsey with the worst performance I think of the day zero for five with five strikeouts, which was insane. We also saw Eloy schwerb Er, Austin Heyshawn Murphy all go zero for five in that Bad Boy.
Speaker 2: The Munthsie one really really stood out to me.
Speaker 1: Friends, it is time to go and take a look at our sponsor prize picks. You guys can get locked in with prize picks right now. Use a promo code leading off and you guys can get hoo hooked up Fantasy pros leading off each day they are presenting with us and they are the easiest and fastest way to play daily Fantasy Baseball and any of the sports you pick over unders on player props, you can win up to twenty five times your money. Use that promo code and leading off when you sign up, and they will match your first deposit up to one hundred bucks.
Speaker 2: And no big deal.
Speaker 1: The Welsh just dropped you a winner in the very first show presented by Prize Picks yesterday. If you paid attention and you listen, I gave you a five to one on your money. I had Pablo Lopez four strikeouts, he smashed O Tani strikeouts, smashed Na Chatto one and a half hit run RBS. Well he got an RBI in his first at bat and then he got a hit, So we got it. We smashed it. Hopefully you guys bet it. Did anyone bet mine? By the way, and don't lie. You let me know in the chat if someone did, I'm gonna put your comment up.
Speaker 2: I was very excited about that.
Speaker 1: I have feelings on Pablo Lopez, which we're not gonna get to but I was able to crush it. Ryan, Why don't you give us your price picks and then I'll give everybody my price pick.
Speaker 2: Play of the day. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, I was gonna say, we don't have time to get into it, but Pablo Lopez looked great.
Speaker 1: He's my biggest spot waiting for my trade video if it's coming out next week. He will be on that because there were some crazy changes.
Speaker 3: So my picks here.
Speaker 4: I've got Robbie Ray over five and a half strikeouts against Cleveland. The Guardians struck out nine times in yesterday's game. Mookie Bets over seven Fantasy points. He was really bad yesterday over four to three strikeouts. If a Star has a bad first game, I'm very happy to go back to them in the second game. And then Bada Machado over one and a half hits runs RBI going up against Kyle Freeland of the Rockies. Twenty dollars wins you one hundred on that if you go the full power play, which I am. I don't play this game too, hey, my bets, and go with the flex oning you to hit two out of three.
Speaker 3: I go all in every time, and I expect to hit it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if I were to do a fun because you can go up to five, I haven't unloaded a five here yet. I want to see just a tiny bit. I definitely want to check some of all that out. But if you were to go like a five player one, I might play a little bit of insurance here.
Speaker 2: But we'll see. Today.
Speaker 1: On mine, I am going to be rocking another three, just like Ryan for a five times. I've got Julio the Total Bass more. I'm gonna go on the more side. I'm going back to the well with Manny Machado a lot today, seven and a half Fantasy points more. I'm going with Mookie bets Fantasy score seven or more so Julio Total Bass, Machado's Fantasy score, and Mookie Betts.
Speaker 4: I didn't realize before putting mine together that we both have both Machado and Mooki on there. I also like that we're both going more with all three of ours, because you know, we're here to have fun, Like I know, like you know, historically betting unders on prop bets and things like that are usually.
Speaker 3: More lucrative, but like it's fun to root for stuff to happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yea one hundred percent. I'm not a big under better guy. Speaking of our bets for the day, I got a couple bets for you if you guys want to place them, They're gonna be kind of in line with what we just talked about. Jordan Alvarez. Jordan Alvarez total base one and a half. I'm going with the over. It's plus one fifteen saw that I believe over on DK Robbie Raith, like you just mentioned, I love this one today, five and a half strikeouts, It's plus one oh five on DK. I'm all about that one. And Mookie Bets total base one and a half. These are just straight bets. These are not the price pick ones. It's plus one thirty today, and why I like it. He's a career three hundred hitter against Merle Kelly and four of his seven hits against Kelly extra base hits. So again, for me, there's also a part of like, I don't think we're gonna have multiple days of struggling or anything like that. So I'm going back to the well with Machado a little bit more and Mookie Bets getting back in it. I'm definitely with Ryan, what are some of your bets for the day.
Speaker 4: Yeah, check the betting pros prop bet cheat sheet if you want to see some of these.
Speaker 3: These are some of the recommended ones on there.
Speaker 4: Josey Ramirez over one and a half of total bases against Seattle. That is going up against Ray who I like to get a lot of strikeouts, but I still think that the Guardians will get some hits in there as well. Juan Soto over zero point five runs against Colorado. Not a great day for him yesterday. Again, Stars bouncing back in game two. I think the Padres are gonna bounce back in a big way today. And then Nick Martinez, I don't think they bounce back on the mound because I have him over one and a half earned runs against the rackis that's minus one twenty.
Speaker 3: So those are my three, by the.
Speaker 1: Way, on the bets yesterday, I didn't hit two, but I hit Wander Franco total base plus one thirty yesterday and I gave you guys a parlay my big parlay of the day, Tampa Bay win and Atlanta total team total runs four and a half. If you parlay that together like I did, those did pay so ja ching love that over on the DFS. Mister Ryan Wormley, you gave us, you gave us some good plays here.
Speaker 2: I've got a couple things.
Speaker 1: Actually, I'll just throw it out mine because mine is a little bit smaller. David Peterson is kind of a pivot play for me. I think Christian Javier looks like he's going to be the highest played guy. I kind of like to pivot sixty six on DK a value hitter for the day, James Outman going up against the Diamondbacks again. But I do like stacks of Arizona and San Diego today. I think the lefty the lefties that they're going to get in and move higher in the lineup on the Diamondbacks against Dustin May is going to look a little bit better.
Speaker 2: And I think San Diego is going to come back. But what do you have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like those picks.
Speaker 4: And I will just readily admit I am not a very avid DFS player. So for me, it's more I kind of look through and say, these are some things that stand out to me as values and guys I like to have good days today, unless like, here's a strategy of building your lineup. But some of the values that I like Robbie Ray is my favorite picture going today. It's obviously I hate that they do this where it's a much smaller slate on game two, on day two of this season. I know that it's like they want to leave it open for like in case it gets rained out on opening Day, but also like you could just still do the ceremonies in what was originally scheduled for the second game. It's the first one does get rained out. It just bothers me every year you have all this fun excitement of opening Day and then it's like such.
Speaker 3: A letdown on day two. So Ray is my favorite picture going today.
Speaker 4: On the smaller slate, Andrew vaugh a lot at twenty eight hundred, Miguel Rojas twenty two hundred, Max Muncie. I know he had five strikeouts yesterday. This is a total, just like I believe that he is a better player than that. So at only thirty two hundred, I'm gonna go back to him, and again not a ton of great options at third, and then I would pay up for the outfielders. Mookie thirty nine hundred, Kyle Tucker four thousand, want so to four thousand, any of those outfielders if I'm gonna spend my money somewhere, I'm gonna go cheaper on in field because I see a lot of values there and outfield just give me the stars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I actually agree with that. Obviously.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be a little bit little about Gorman Carroll today because I think this is a big opportunity. But I love Mookie, Obviously it's something I'm gonna try. I don't try to go crazy with it, and maybe Joe adjust it. But like when we're talking like prize pick bets dfs, those are.
Speaker 2: Gonna kind of be in line.
Speaker 1: Like if I've got a guy on Price Picks, I'm probably also going to look at what, you know, if I have his one and a half total basis on Price Picks, I'm probably gonna look at what is that? Is it plus money over on any other book, and I'm gonna like that as well, And that would in turn be something I would end up taking a look at over on you know, any of the DK sides or Fandule or wherever you guys are playing your daily Fantasy sports.
Speaker 2: Last up here, my friends, is the home run call. It is killing me. The coin flip. The coin flip that could have got me one to zero.
Speaker 1: Ryan, I flipped it. My gut started to say, O'Neil Cruz. I stuck with Manny Machado. Manchado didn't actually particularly look great, which had me a little bit worried. But I am a glutton for punishment. Mister Chris Welsh lash Ryan Wormley, and I'm gonna go back to the well. I'm gonna go back to the well. I'm gonna take Manny machatdo tonight. He's got a good track record versus Kyle Freelan.
Speaker 2: He's a lefty. I think we can get that going a little bit more.
Speaker 1: And this will probably be my last shot at just attacking many Minchatto.
Speaker 2: I really thought he would.
Speaker 1: So I'm gonna try to get on the board with Manny Machado. What's say you, my friend? Because Joe and I both did not get on the board, nor did Mike Mayer in day one.
Speaker 4: Well, first of all, instead of back to the well for you, it's back to the Welsh for my pick. I am really annoyed the Orioles aren't playing. I actually told my Fantasy pros co worker Andrew Erickson. He messaged me yesterday he said he had a free bet and wondered which oriol that I would recommend he'd take to hit a home run, And I immediately said Adley Rutchman, and it paid off.
Speaker 3: That would have been my pick yesterday.
Speaker 4: I know I can't take credit for it, but obviously I happily would have done that with no orioles to pick, and again a smaller slate, just not a ton of guys that I'm like super excited about, like this is something I feel good about. I just picked a great power hitter petal On, so obviously you know he's a forty homer.
Speaker 3: So I had a hitter.
Speaker 4: So I'm going with him as my as my call here and hoping it works out.
Speaker 1: All right, someone said this, and I'm gonna do it. Maybe this is gonna be my new thing, so I'll never be on the board I did have. If I did have a guy that I was thinking about, I did have. I have no what is this justin I have no coin flipping skills. As a matter of fact, my friend, I think I have phenomenal coin flipping skills. As I was able to keep it on my hand and not drop it. I just had to reach for this there is another guy that's in my brain here, and here's the problem.
Speaker 2: I feel like the secondary guy is the guy.
Speaker 1: So let's do this. My pick is Manu Shao. The guy that's in my brain is Mookie Bets for the day.
Speaker 2: Mooky bets good track record, like I said, has three homers.
Speaker 1: I believe against its three homers against Merrill, Kelly heads, Manny Machado tails.
Speaker 2: Mooky bets sound good.
Speaker 3: I love it.
Speaker 2: Here we go, we're going Manny again. So Molky bets to hit the home run.
Speaker 3: Well, let me ask you this Welsh.
Speaker 4: While the coin was in the air for that half second, what did you want it to land on?
Speaker 1: I wanted to land on mookiy bets. I wanted to bets. Yeah, if you guys. I saw someone mentioning how to do the how to go in and do the bets or do the home run calls? You want to get in on the Fantasy Pros discord, you can get in. There's a home run call room. It's super easy. You just type it in, Bam, the bot tracks it. You were locked in. I believe next week we're probably going to be getting the home run board. Whoever had oneil Cruise yesterday, which I think a bunch of you did.
Speaker 2: You are on?
Speaker 1: I know probably a couple of you are in the chat that are on. But we will be celebrating it all next week as the board comes back, hopefully also new overlays because mister Ryan Warmley is going to be with me on Monday and Tuesday as Joe is just traveling back out here in Arizona.
Speaker 2: I should see him on Sunday.
Speaker 4: How nice it must be to be able to take a vacation on day two of the season of the sport that you cover.
Speaker 1: Well planned there, Joe, how about hey, welcome everybody. It's opening day and he's gone, He's gone, he's out of here. But Ryan, chris Well, she did a great job today. I'm Joe Pisapa slash chris Well. She can find me on Twitter at is it the Welsh Ryan?
Speaker 2: What was the twitter again?
Speaker 3: At Ryan Warmley?
Speaker 4: And that's warmly like how you dress when it's uote outside, not like my last name.
Speaker 2: It was well shit in the womb, we did it.
Speaker 1: Hopefully you guys had a fantastic opening day. Hopefully today is as good. You guys know where to find us over on the Discord all the cool everything's going to really be kicking off too with more chats. We've also got the room where you guys can ask questions. There's private you can message me Ryan, you can message anybody for any fantasy questions.
Speaker 2: We got you there. Make sure to use a.
Speaker 1: Promo code leading Off if you go over to Price Picks, join in, make some money, have fun with us. The story of the game goes on for Ryan Wormley, I am the Welsh Last, Joe Piezapia and we will talk to you guys for a full slate of episodes of Leading Off next week.
Speaker 2: Goodbye, my friends,