Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys.
Speaker 3: This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Barry Church, Hecma Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Play lounge right here on a Tuesday, the day after Monday Night football, the Cowboys go down thirty four to ten. Hi, Barry Church, former Cowboy safety, I'm Newly Scruggs. The show brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming and Chris producer Chris Bean. Do you have our scores from what we predicted? We picked the text, We picked the Texas to win. I thought they put up thirty. I thought this Houston would put up thirty. Called it. Hey, look they scored twice. They scored two touchdowns on opening drive. Yeah, and I looked at that. I said, first place, seventy seven yards.
Speaker 4: Then they had Nico Collins going striking down the sidelines first play of the game. They got lucky with the call back, you know, legal man downfield, But after that, I mean you just saw it.
Speaker 2: Then they just went down If he ran a forty five yards touches by Jo Mixi. So it's like two touchdowns on one drive and that's to start the game, and you're just like, oh wow, okay, you know, and look, we saw Atlanta handle the Cowboys. But then last Sunday we saw Denver beat up Atlanta. Yes, they did do that, and so somebody was telling me, hey, man, I think the Cowboys can be in this game against Hugh. I was like, look, we saw with Atlanta a team that's kind of mediocre or may just make the playoffs. It's handling the Cowboys. So you don't have to be a great team to handle a bad team. That's true. And Houston CJ tried to have a good game. The quarterback he didn't have a good game. And you saw what had that first driving on first play band we got you, oh you stopped. Okay, We're just gonna keep on going. Got a forty five yard touchdown and alboy just running through holes and you're just watching very It was awesomely man, And that's what was That's the reason I thought maybe just maybe a slice of hope for the Cowboys here because I saw what they were able to do against Philly and that offensive line for Philly was was way better.
Speaker 4: One of the top three offensive lines of the National Football League. So I thought the Cowboys defensively, Michael Parsons would be able to put his stamp on this type of game. You know, because when you look at what Houston was able to do offensively with their offensive line the second worst or third worst as far as giving up sacks in the National Football League. So I'm thinking, Okay, that might give them a slight chance to do something to Cj' strout and keep this offense kind of in check. But you didn't see it at all, yeah, at all the whole entire game. Even though CJ didn't have a great game, he looked cool, calm and collected in that pocket the entire game like it didn't seem to me like he was under dress at all. Then he was able to hit all of his targets. When you talk about Nuko Collins tank, Dell Schultz was out there. They were trying to get Scholtz in the end zone. You saw that they were trying to get him in the end zone. And then you mirror that with a balance like Joe Mixing. Let me, yeah, Mixing. It's gonna be tough, you know, to defeat that type of team when you you can't shut down one aspect of it. You know, defensively, you got to go into these games thinking, Okay, they're not gonna get the ground in the pass. One of these things is gonna gonna have to get controlled, have to get shut down. But as we see man Joe mixing over one hundred yards three tubs and then show, I was just able to dice apart this secondary as the game went on. It was it was just another another game where you saw the flaws of this team as an organization and as a team out there. Show it's ugly head, and it's just you see this happening game after game after game with the Dallas Cowboys, and I saw interesting staff man, and I couldn't believe it blew my mind. But you know, out of all the games at AT and T Stadium so far this season, the Saints have scored the most touchdowns in that stadium, not the Cowboys, and the Cowboys have had what five six games there.
Speaker 2: It's mind blowing, the is it It's just it's complete one to eighty from last year. Last year it was a home fielder. Man, you couldn't step into at and T Stadium and get it done and then boom. Go back to last week's show, we're talking about what wall was lost in that playoff game against Green Bank. We talking about souls getting taken away, and that's not real exaggerating the soul was taken away because this is this team is nothing, nothing like last year's. They have not won a game in twenty twenty four in their own building. It's tough.
Speaker 4: It's tough, and with to me, you know, we talked about, you know, the big the big elephant the room with the defensive line and people just running up and down the field in the Dallas cow Boys, But that might slide down the priority list for me going into next season because this offensive.
Speaker 2: Line looks atrocious.
Speaker 4: It does, and you have a guy back there in Dak Prescott who's going to be this franchise quarterback for the foreseeable future. He's not gonna be able to do much if he's behind that type of offensive line going forward.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was rough out there, So first off, I hear you, But where you fall in the draft will dictate that's true, what you do. That's true. If you've got a blue chip player, that's sitting here, that's not a quarterback because you're not taking you're not taking a quarterback. You've got DAK two hundred and thirty one million dollars guarantee. He's here. So anybody who's thinking about.
Speaker 5: And there's not trade clause, right, he has no trade.
Speaker 2: No trade. But you know, even if he did, you trade him, it's like I guess somebody like eighty one million dollars. So you know you're you're he's here, he's here, and you're there with him. So a guy we all if you watch any college foot well you know the name Travis Hunter. Oh yeah, defensive back for Colorado Heisman Trophy. Should be a Heisman Trophy finalist, if not win the thing. He's doing this stand. If a guy like that sitting there, Jerry Jones Squoddy take him, you think he would say? You think he would take that that?
Speaker 4: I mean, I understand that the Hunter is talented amongst you know, he's one of the best in college football right now, But do you think he would get this team like all the holes this team has.
Speaker 2: That's that would be one of the you know, is wide receiver hole. It is okay, okay, so ceedee Lamb. Yes he's there, But what do we said? Claim Hil says, I'll see CD and the babies. Yeah, okay, So it's a wide receiver. If Travis hunder he can help you quarterback?
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you got you got Bland coming back. You got Bland the Higgs.
Speaker 2: Do we how long we've been hearing that he'll be back? Man, he'll be back. You got so Jordan Lewis is up right, Yeah, he'll be up. Okay. So in this league, it's not like you can't you some more dvs. You can never have as many, you can never have enough cover. So so Travis Hunter fits in terms of you got spots. Okay, it's not like you got hey man, we got you know, Reavis Island out here. We're good. Now you need help in this league. So in this league and the receivers in this division, you need more. You need more than one healthy way, because every table got a guy, especially in this division. Every two.
Speaker 4: Philly's got to Washington's carry Terry the neighbors kid from New York. I think he's gonna develop into some good. So he's one of these NFC East teams. They got a guy man.
Speaker 2: Okay. So so but but that also fills a couple of things to what what is what does he bring.
Speaker 5: That Jerry likes charismas right.
Speaker 2: You know, Tyler Goton is selling no jerseys. It's running out there trying to get those those sixty jerseys. And so when you say, when you say offensive line, it's gotta be let's let's let's let's have it out of you. Let's have an honest conversation. Okay, not trying to beat up anybody by having an honest conversation. Week by week with his performance, Terrence Steele is putting his job in jeopardy big time. He's getting, he's getting, he's giving it up multiple sacks and in multiple weeks. Danell Hunter had a field day. Another guy they're making put up, making up, making Pro Bowl numbers up on Terry Steele gotta look like ass greed. We're being real. I mean, he ain't giving up the six, but he's he's there. So so so when you talk about that, all right, when you say old line, depending what's again, depending on where they're at in the draft. So you got a you know, real real blue chip guy if you're you know, drafting up here in this top ten the way they're going right now, I think, so do you say, all right, steal we even needs some money back, or you know, be here and do you take guyton and put him from left to right and then you take a left I mean you you're going to have an ability to try and you know, do something depending on where you're at. So when you say O line, because if you're drafting that high, you're you're gonna you you'll take a left type tackle. You'll go take a if you're a top ten yeah, I guess. So if you're talking O line at the top ten, you're not gonna draft a center in the top ten. I'm saying so. So that's and I'm thinking, where's the fit if you do something like that?
Speaker 5: What's Richard's Richard's awesome? Austin he was he he played left tackle, but he is he.
Speaker 4: One of those flexible guys that can go all over the offensive line.
Speaker 2: On the right side. Here's the thing about him. He's gonna be on the team, yeah, because he shows he can. He can.
Speaker 5: He has some promise to him where he was able to get.
Speaker 2: Whether he starts or he's your swing, here's a guy with the future for your football team. I agree with that. So at worst, Austin Richards is a swing tackle. So draft wise, I'm sorry. I'm still of the belief they need to go address it up front. I mean, man, they don't, they don't they go. Houston didn't even have a good game last night and still ran up one hundred and nine yards from from mixing from mixing, and then as a team, okay, just check it here on your notes as a team, but they have buck forty strap twenty five carries one hundred and forty one yards five point six yard average. You're for three years you've not been able to stop the run as a football team. That's true. And if you're going to be in a league where a division where there's Sakuon Barkley and Philadelphia, Okay, Washington's got a nice run game. At some point in time, maybe New York addresses it. But but still overall to winning this league, you know, if you're going the Lions look like they're gonna be a team that's gonna be Ryan Freeze. They can run the ball, Bring Bay can run the ball down here for San Francisco, but still they can run the ball. Arizona's lead the West that got James Carnor, He's already proven he could run against you last year. So so just you know, when you start talking about, hey, how do we win our division and try to even get you know, compete in the NFS, You've got to stop the run, and right now the blueprint is there. You want to play the Cowboys run the ball.
Speaker 4: My thing is we always talk about trust, what time, proof and consistency. Right, do we have the trust that this front office can be able to find the type of defensive tackle that we're looking for to plug up the run because the.
Speaker 5: Time it's there, the misis the tackles.
Speaker 2: Yes, you hit on the Michael Parsons, but cass didn't know if he was a linebacker or defensive vent Cats didn't know. But we do know this office, this front office knows how to pick offensive lineman from Frederick to Zach to Tyrant to Tyler, like we know they know how to get that thing right. Sure, sure, but once again, and I go back, if you're drafting in the top ten, you probably are not taking a defensive tackle unless it's Darryl Russell type of guy. You know, when I remember when he came out of right unless you got yes, and and so that that's you're you're more apt to probably look to take somebody who's a defensive end. Somebody can get after the past, right. So so it's just going to be interversing as they as they keep playing this type of football. You're you're you're talking about it ten draft pick and then where do you go with that? But there's needs on every level. Okay, your offensive there's needs. An offensive line there needs it, wide receiver there needs it, running back, there's needs on the d line, line back, right right, you go up and down. You know, there's a lot of holes. It's a lot of holes here and you need to find someone who can can help you with holes to fill them in. If if anything, you would hope that you could find some quarterbacks that have great off season workouts, that can shoot up the charts and get in there and you know, drop some players to you. But man, dude, it's it's it's an issue. And last night was just, you know, kind of another one of those things. But you're right about the offensive line, it's a problem. Zach Martin left had two ankle injuries. He wasn't good yesterday in terms of being healthless fighting. But yeah, you could tell me he could he was, man, that's tough. At this point in time, I would plan my roster as though he was not going to be there next year. Yeah, I think you know, and I haven't spoken anything like that, but just from what I see from when you start, you know, the off season, when you when you start hearing you know, things here and there about guys, this might be it. You know, Hey, I'm I don't know.
Speaker 4: We'll see, We'll see when you get that, we'll see type mentality from guys. It's already in the back of your mine. When it's already in the back of your mind, yeah, halfway checked out. So I would you know. I ain't saying I would bet the farm on it, but I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 2: Man. You know, this is probably the last go for mister Martin out there. You're former players, so you have the idea. You've been around, You've seen it happen. I'm thinking in terms of if I'm a general manager, if I'm a front office guy, that's already in my head. Hey, let's plan that he's not here. Because even if he let's just say he finds the fountain of youth and he's like, you know what, I want to come back.
Speaker 4: If you're in the front office, you gotta see, hey, I can't. This can't happen. We've seen it happen with so many players here in Dallas where it's like, nah, well, you know he's our guy, so let's give him a couple more years, and then it ends up being that kind of blockage for young guys that are trying to come up and develop. I mean, we've seen it happen time and time again with guys out here. So if you're like you said, if you're not from us, you got it in your mind and think, you know, even if he says I want to come back, you got to say, hey, man, you know same thing you did the time Smith, thank you for the services.
Speaker 2: I'll also go back and look into this thing too. And this is going to be very interesting thinking about how they go about Ford go forward. Cooper bb Rookie Center out of Kansas State, never played center before. Unfair in my opinion to really judge him and just say, hey, he's this, he's at this is this is this is a tough thing they threw him into, but he was outstanding All American guard at case date, if you found a center in the draft that said, hey man, this guy's been doing he We want that guy, and you want to kick him over the right guard since you're gonna plan without Zach Martin. That Those are the things when I think about just roster building. Those are things that I think about because you're writing in terms of how do you go about fixing this? If Cooper Bebe was a sensational guard, maybe he could be a better I mean, be a better Now some people say, well, Short and McCarthy talked one day where they thought, you know, he fit more center. So you know that's where the front office has got to go ahead and do their due diligence about what they feel. There's just a lot of moving parts here, man. And if anybody whoever is the coaching the team next year is gonna have to look at this roster and say, okay, where where where do I see fits? As a general manager, Jerry Jones and his son Steve and Will McLay, they're gonna have to have the Terrence Steel question. You gotta have the Terrence Steel conversation. You gotta have the Zach Martin conversation. You may need, you may even need to have a Tyler Smith conversation. This is where you go where you put him this far? Do you go from left guard and say, man, you know if you let's say you still know we're gonna we're gonna end this and you put guiding it right, do you want to say, Austome Richards go left tackle or do you want to say Tyler Smith go Look? I mean, these are these are conversations that when you talk about rebuilding that line, These are questions that you gotta start to ask yourself.
Speaker 4: And if Zach Martin can't go, is there a situation where you say, all right, man, let's let's see what BB got at guard.
Speaker 2: You got because you got a Hoffmann right there.
Speaker 5: You're gonna steadfast and let him get developed as a center.
Speaker 2: You know what. I would give him the whole season, let him keep developed, see what you have, see what you have, because then you're asking him to go do something he had done all year. That's true, that's true. I may go play some guard. You haven't done that all season long. I would just say at this point, let the young man finish and see exactly what it is you have after the year, and then the coaching staff. There's a new coaching staff in here, which that's what we're led to believe at this point in time. There will be a new O line coach. How do they go about it? And then what does will McLay and everyone else say about what what goes forward here? After ten games, you're three and seven, So good. That good place to be. So you need to just start to say to yourself, Hey, let's look at this roster and see what we can do going forward. Let's take our let's take our first break in here. There was one number that stood out to me last night and I just said, this can't happen again. This can't happen again. The rest of it, it cannot happen. Know where you're going with, Yes, yes, he's Bury Church and stru This is a place. Aristocrat gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com. Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 6: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo, bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat A Brown, sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred Gambler that's one eight hundred GA m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 7: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, Don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 8: Prescott keeps it slides for the first down.
Speaker 7: Invest like your icons, where everyone is a rookiean crypto with blockchain dot Com perfect throw.
Speaker 8: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the name?
Speaker 7: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 6: It's the official Min's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order. Plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping. The Jack Black Playmaker is four of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year Go Cowboys to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Players Lounge brought to you by Aristocrat Gaming. Right here on Dallas Cowboys dot com, we're hearing Frisk Go to SWBC podcast studio. He is former Cowboys safety Barry Church. I knew he scruggs. All right. Here's the number that I saw yesterday that I said cannot happen again. Number is fifty five. Yeah, it's a high number. My man, Cooper Rush threw the ball fifty five times. No, that's not it. No, that is that is that is not the way.
Speaker 4: And it's never been his game, even when he had that nice streak four and one back when Prescott was injured, it was never his game to just go back there and let him rip like. He was never the gunslinger Brett Farv type guy. He was the guy that thrived on balance, thriveed on you know, let me get this play action developing a little bit. And granted, I understand, you know those years ago, they had Pollard, they had Zeke, and they was rolling, you know, with the balance as far as run past was considered. But this year, I mean when you look at it, even though Rico, you know, he's not gonna wow you with his ability to run the football, you got to be able to keep that defense honest. And when you throw the ball fifty seven fifty five times, that invites guys like Danil Hunter, you know, those guys on that defensive line for the Houston Texans to just pining their ears back.
Speaker 2: And get after you guys. And especially when.
Speaker 4: We saw how this ofensive line was playing as of late, it's kind of like setting your guys up man and That's exactly what happened, because they were eating still alive out there. I mean guiding, he had his fair share of struggles. Zach Martin had his fair shareff struggles as well. And I don't understand what's going on with these opfensive linemen wanting to pick the football up and think they running backs again. I mean, this is the second week of the row by guy tried to scoop and score and I'm like, man, just just fall on it.
Speaker 2: Just fall on the football. Brother. He ended up getting popped. Next thing, you know, we got d lineman high stepping into the end zone. I don't think I've seen that since high school where a guy got charged with giving up a sack and fumble in the same and a touchdown ensued off of it. That's wild, man, That's that's that's high school type get down. And then guy left the game with the shoulder injury. It has been it has been a real rough year for him. It's tough. He was a project coming in and so many people wanted to give the Cowboys the benefit of the doubt to say, hey, look you you brought in Tyler Smith out of Tulsa and and look what you did with him. He was a project guy.
Speaker 5: Supposedly too, he was supposed to be a project guy.
Speaker 2: But who do he play next year? That is very true, play next all decade player? And Tyron Smith, So you had that. You were also inside you weren't left tackle in the NFL first place schedule with these the Murderer's Row of players and that confidence.
Speaker 5: And that's it's it's so you have.
Speaker 4: To as a young player, especially as a rookie starting, you got to have your confidence, you know, building as the season goes to go through that gauntlet of guys.
Speaker 2: And we talked about at the beginning, you had the TJ. Watts, I mean, you had the Miles Garrett's, the boldness Baltimore man going up against Detroit. I mean it was just it was a lot. And so not just one but two starting offensive linemen and the arguably the most two critical positions on the line, left tackle and center. But fifty five passes for Cooper rush versus you talk about for the Cowboys, they had eighteen carries, but take away two Cooper rushes two, Okay, that's sixteen carries. Rico Daddle carried the ball ten times for twenty eight yards. He was supposed to be the starting two points McCarthy carried.
Speaker 4: He said it is his job to get Rico more involved, and that's that's not doing it.
Speaker 2: Man. Ceedee Lamb had one carry, so it's really fifteen carries. Take it away because Cooper had one and then the Ceedee Lamb had one, Duce Vaughan had four carries thirteen yards, and Ezekiel Elliott had one carry.
Speaker 5: That's just that's not gonna get it done.
Speaker 4: Especially guess not Dak Brust got out there and even with that out there to fifty five times, it's like, man, what are we doing out here?
Speaker 2: This is a recipe for Lucy? Yes it is okay, this is just a recipe for fifty five times, and I'm not you know, some people want to get mad at Cooper Rush, Like, guys, why are you mad at a player for being who the player is? Yeah, Cooper Rush is a backup quarterback for a reason. That's facts we thought he was. He was a backup quarterback who understood what they needed to do. But just overall, man, this is not good. This is not good. But they didn't run the football enough. Jacksonville, who got blasted your old team fifty two to six, they ran the ball more and their loss they ran it seventeen times for forty one yards. Bro. And it's to me, it's like, man, you would think, not only you know, to help your offense get to balance all that good stuff, keep Houston from penning their airs back, but.
Speaker 5: To save your own defense as well.
Speaker 4: I mean, you see, it's gonna be tough for them to hold up against what to what Houston was able to do out there passing the ball.
Speaker 5: Running the ball, you would think, all right, we need to get this time of possession. We need to, you know, get some win early on first down, make these.
Speaker 2: Third downs more manageable.
Speaker 4: But time and time again we solved with all these passes and the offense. For the Dallas Cowboys, it was more like third and eight to ten, third and twelves that you're already behind the sticks.
Speaker 5: It's just it's frustrating.
Speaker 2: I go back into this point for fans, for football fans, you may not understand sing you get this because you're a defensive player. When you run the ball, you're also running the clock. When you throw the ball, and it's an incomplete pass, the clock stop, so and so if you're in a football game where you're sitting out here and you're doing a whole bunch of three and outs and you're just throwing the ball in those incomplete passes or even somebody goes out of battle, you're asking the defense to basically get back on the field real quick. And that's tough. That's a tough turnaround. And we go back to the Cowboys losing the time of possession. You go back here and you look at it. They lost time of possession yesterday, so you've lost the turnover battle again and you've lost time of possession now. And while it was kind of even Houston had it for thirty minutes and thirty seven seconds and you had it for twenty nine minutes and twenty three seconds, you're still losing it. Oh yeah, you're still losing that. And just the fifty five attempts man, and so Cooper was fifty five attempts here, one touchdown, one interception. His quarterback rating wasn't good. No, it wasn't a good quarterback rating. And it's so thirty seven to fifty five, that's just not going that's not getting it. You're also said, you're thirty two. I said thirty two to fifty five, so half of those you're not completing stopping the clock. You're keeping the d out there as a defensive man.
Speaker 4: That's like one of the worst feelings you can have is when all right.
Speaker 2: Man, we got a good stop. We're coming to the sidelines.
Speaker 4: You pop your helmet off, you get a little splash of water, splash a gatorade or whatever.
Speaker 5: You're getting ready to go through the adjustments.
Speaker 2: The coach is coming through.
Speaker 4: He's gonna sit down next to the secondary and say, all right, this is what we're thinking about. Is how you know we've had success against Houston doing this or we've you know, they've they've gotten us on this, so we got to be wary of this and that.
Speaker 2: And then you talking to your coach form about fifteen twenty.
Speaker 5: Second and the next thing you know, punt team ready, I'm.
Speaker 2: Start to say. And that's if you're not playing special Exactly. If you're playing specially, you're like, oh, we in the middle of the meeting, I gotta go punt team ready.
Speaker 4: And nine times out of ten you look at that, what's it down a distance? Oh yep, here we go, man as well, snap up and get ready. Like, that's a tough feeling to get because just knowing, all right, as soon as I sit down and get this glass of water, I gotta get back on the field.
Speaker 2: It's tough, man.
Speaker 4: He I always say, this is what reminded me in twenty fifteen when we was going through all those quarterback changes and stuff.
Speaker 2: But UI, if I'm being honest, this might be a little worse. It is. It's worse. It's interesting, said. I was just talking to David Bore the Dallas Morning News before I came up, and he was talking to me and Nick Harris, and he talked about in twenty fifteen, this the losing streak is bigger here than it was playing twenty fifteen. It was going back here. Losing street started against Atlanta. So it was one, two, three, four, five, six seven, So seven game losing streak before we snapped it to win against Miami. I think that was oh yeah, I think Grumbo had came back and we played Miami.
Speaker 4: We beat Miami. Were it going into Carolina? Right, We're like, yeah, we got this, we got a chance.
Speaker 2: And then you know that's when I mean that Carolina was just Cam Newton MVP year. He was so and that was under Jason. So you're coming here, you're coming down here. Yeah yeah, bro, this is this is that. But once again you want five quarterbacks.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we were down on fourth or fifth train. I just feel like we weren't. I mean, I gotta check the scores, but I feel like we weren't getting just blown out each and every day. I Mean, it was some some games where it was like, man, so.
Speaker 2: Your quarterbacks were Castle, Romo, Moore and Weed in that year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that mean we got all the way down to the fourth fourth string quarterback.
Speaker 2: So that's that's tough. So you had you had that there here here you're going through Dak and then you got Cooper Rush. And there was hope for Cooper Rush. But as I said to people, as a quarterback, not a magician, you've got too many issues. And that's the thing everybody goes back to.
Speaker 5: Yeah he went you know four and the team was different. The old line was young, you had a running game, receivers.
Speaker 2: Was Cooper still here and help? Yeah?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Help, yeah help. He went up to the Minnesota and put a forty on them. Everybody on Halloween not ye game. No, you're right.
Speaker 4: Defense was flying around taking the football away. It's just that's it's a different, different, different opportunity here.
Speaker 2: And now you've got Cooper Rush. I think they dropped four four interceptions.
Speaker 5: Yes, oh Stingley should have had three by self, right.
Speaker 2: They dropped four. You got him bobbling two to two snaps. You you've got him throwing a pick. I mean it's it's and I'm not blaming Cooper Rush. Oh it's hip. No, no, no, no, this is this is a combination of the problem. But to me, what it should settle. And we spoke about this a little bit in the last game. You know what he is now, okay? And Jerry said afterwards, well, Cooper Rush gives us the best opportunity to win. I at this point in time, I can't believe it. You're a player, but you tell me this.
Speaker 4: Oh it's kind of you know, because early on when I was saying you can't go to Trey, I was saying, it's gonna be hard for that locker room because then you already as a player. You know, some guys are on one year deals and they're thinking, oh man, well if we're punting on the season, where does that leave me.
Speaker 5: So I'm saying you can't.
Speaker 2: You couldn't put him in at that time because you would definitely lose a locker room.
Speaker 4: But after watching these these past two games. One game, the man had forty five yards you know this game. You know he had to couch a couple of garbage stats, but overall, he's just not performing the way.
Speaker 2: That to give this team at least a fighting chance. He's just not performing that well. Now, so I believe the guys in the locker room. You're gonna see a lot of guys, you know, those one year guys that have one maybe one year left on their contract.
Speaker 4: Whatever the case may be. They're gonna start saying, I gotta put up some good tape. I gotta make sure I get mines. You know, it's kind of selfish in that way, but you're gonna start seeing that. And you gotta see what you have in Lance at this point. I mean, because when you look at it, what else have you got to lose your three and seven right now? You gotta see what you have in Lance and maybe just maybe he can at least give you a spark with his athleticism something going forward. But you got to figure out what you got in Guys like Trey Lance Deuce. You know bingo bingo mingo that you just got from that fourth round the trade. You gotta start figuring out what you getting those guys.
Speaker 2: We'll take our final break. I'll give you a thought process of why I think Cooper Rush is going to get at least two more starts too. You go to yes before you do that. Natural right here players Lounge brought you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 9: Hey Danny McCrae here for Smoothie King. You know every great workout deserves a great reward, so treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here with football season kicking off, I'm already gear enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer handcramp and cold. That's where Yeti's insulated colster cane cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yeti Official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys Collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash Hugo, Boss, Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag Beer Own Boss.
Speaker 8: Raisin Kane present the other rules of football. Rule one, edi broads without the express edition of cook to order Cane's chicken fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 2: Rule twelve no crinkle.
Speaker 8: Cut fries, texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day Canes rules raising canes chicken fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Back to the players Lounge.
Speaker 2: Players Lounge brought to you by Aristocratic Gaming right here on Dallas Cowboys dot com. Okay, so Berry, Yeah, here's just my thought. Okay, it's a short week, late Monday, it's Tuesday. Players are on already Wednesday. You gotta get the game plan here tomorrow, walk in the building, get ready for Washington. Hmm. So Cooper Rush starts. So he's saying on week, they don't want to throw lands in there on the short week. Understandable. Then you play Sunday at Washington. Got another quick turnaround thanksgiving the game. See I can see that, I can understand that. I just fit. Man. I just he goes out there and he and that's to say the first half is what more what we've seen? I guess by the way, I forgot to do so he said, what you've got, Chris Ban, need you tell us?
Speaker 10: So?
Speaker 2: Do these reads? I think we? Okay it. Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your connected TV. Catch up on all the Cowboys content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcast Hocky, serious like Deep Blue, and much more. Download the Cowboys at now on Amazon, Fire, Roku, and Apple TV. There you go. There it is man, as you were saying, yes, as I would say, I can.
Speaker 4: If we see more of what Cooper Rush has been doing the past couple games, I just can't see how they would let him go continue to go out there?
Speaker 2: You got two games now here. Okay, here's go back to what I said before. If you want to start him like last night, fine, But at some point time, when you saw where this was going, got balloon, make the call to the bullpen. Make the call. You go the A, T and T call to the bullpen. Hey, come on in, come on in.
Speaker 4: Not even no packages like that's another thing I almost could like, not even a package.
Speaker 2: The punter had more to throw the balls and trail. Who's calling these like who is giving the gold green light? Like, you know what, yes, fourth and ten, fourth and nine on the first possession.
Speaker 5: Our punter got it.
Speaker 2: He gonna he gonna dot them up? Who is who is calling?
Speaker 9: Like?
Speaker 2: Is it that? Is it MacCarthy? Is it Bones? Who's saying it's my goal? We got this Special teams coordinator Bones Fossil will talk today about three forty five, so we'll be able to ask him. He talked last week about you know, hey, you know, we had a look and we thought to die, and hey, we thought it could have worked out, just didn't and you know so, but he was like, oh, confident, like you know, yeah, I think it was the right call. It work out, but I believe in the call. So I just want to see one atte you're still drinking that I believe it was the right call. But I want to hear what he has to say, like you know what he's gonna say. Oh, man, you know, they showed us a look that we prepared for. We thought, you know, we were gonna be able to get it done. Man, what I can see and.
Speaker 4: We were talking before, so I could see if it was a fourth and three, fourth and four, but it was fourth and nine.
Speaker 2: You got got defensive backs out there having to pay people miss making, you know, going up top catching them. This is defle some players, or at least at least give you get a guy a or two situations like all right, if it's covered up, go ahead and pun it, don't force it.
Speaker 5: My man caught that thought he was Johnning United.
Speaker 2: I didn't get it. I mean, it just was going hard. This reminded me at the end of your boy and saying and with charged last year State Brandon State, Let's reminded you what are we doing? What are we doing? What are we doing? Just looking at the football games? Make that makes sense? And you know, I mean so bones will talk to it. I'm sticking around for that. And I don't think the game was out of hand at that point. This is the first series, man, out of hand. It was the first. I mean, you were down seven nothing because they scored two touchdowns on the opening drive and luckily they ail to count. What but you're in your own and you're in your own part of the field, say no, no, no, no, so uh So McCarthy will talk today the top of the hour, and uh, I just it's just it's three for you. He's talking. McCarthy talks today then the course, so we'll hear exactly what who did what why? So he was, I'm gonna take this old head. I don't I don't get it. I don't get it. I don't get it. But but so based on the fact that you've done before the player the three games in ten days, so you're in the midst of this. Yeah, it's down. It's even short. We because you play Monday night football. You got to go to Washington. After Washington it's a Thursday game. Oh and it's an away game too. For that you're going to Washington, then you're coming here, So said Cooper. Rush will get the start of the Sunday, he'll get start on Thanksgiving Day? Does he finish it? I just I can't. I can't see it. McCarthy even admitted, yeah, I should have got Trey Lanton yesterday and all this after the fact. I'm like, kind of you kind of had a choice in that. But son, you you, I'm with you. You have to see what the young man has We talked about this last week. Maybe he's got nothing, but you need to confirm it. Yeah, or why why I put the fourth on them. You gotta gotta come, You gotta give something. If I'm the general manager, I need to talk to the owner and till the owner stopped trying to win games. What we need to do is look at twenty twenty f I figure out what it is we have because Cooper Rush and Trey Lance are both up. Yeah. But if you're McCarthy inn that situation, are you like? Man?
Speaker 4: You know I can't prepare for twenty five because I may not be here in twenty five.
Speaker 2: So are you still trying to think?
Speaker 4: Is he saying I gotta I gotta try my best to win these games?
Speaker 2: Look, once again, Jerry said, Cooper Rush gives them the best chance to win. He says, start, who's gonna start? So, okay, fine, Sunday in Washington, he'll start. If you continue to do what you've been doing and you find yourself down twenty, then we don't. You don't need to come up here and watch Cooper Rush throw fifty five passes. I can't. I can't see that. And oh man, and that quick. I don't you don't think you think that quick gonna take you? I think I don't know. I don't know, man, I don't see that quickly punishing them like that. Even he might pull the dogs off a little early. Man, I don't know. It's a rivalry game, it is. It means something to them. I tell you who won't go easy on them? Joe Witt Jr. If it's coordinated.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's a fact, right man, Man Thorrence. I'm telling you right now, Thaler and the crew, they not gonna go easy.
Speaker 2: Right right, sitting up here trying to give you no mulligans. Oh you don't want to pay Hunt? I want to? Oh yeah, I couldn't get that brand Hunt dallasan had has been beating up on the Commanders. So it's like, you know, Dallas week. It's Dallas Week. I already got a phone call, man, my boy that at NBC. Hey, man, I need to get you on the zoom. I don't need to talk to you, but fine, I'll go on your show. But I'm not even putting your mind because other stuff talking about Macot. This is bad. This is bad. It's a problem. Get to Michael Parsons in a minute. But let me go ahead and knock this out right. Heretis the season for youth football and dance camps presented by a Bizze line. Don't miss your chance to learn from the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders at dance camps on December twenty seventh and former NFL players at football camps on December twenty third and twenty seventh. Celebrate the holidays with the Cowboys registered today at Dallascowboys dot com slash camps. All right, play a sign that's about you by risk here. Michael Parsons left the locker room yesterday and he said he was not talking to the medium. Micah skipped his media availability this past week. Said he was upset because he says the media twisted his words. Go back to where he was talking about. Asked about Mike McCarthy and then he dove it into Zach Martin and said Zach Martin has done way more than Mike McCarthy ever did. And then Mike McCarthy told the media, Yeah, I went and talked to him and we talked his men, so that lets you know. McCarthy was mad about it. He got tore up on ESPN, Michael got tore up on a lot of places. Some people defended him, but he clearly was bothered by what people were saying and then he goes on and says, no, I'm this podcast. I wasn't trying to smirch Mike's name, and so he wasn't talking to the media. So you didn't talk last week, you didn't talk after the game. If he doesn't talk this week, you know how much it's gonna cost him, right, was gonna It's gonna cost twenty five thousand dollars that talking to me to the media. Yes, this is a part of your NFL contract. That's a player that you must talk to the media. Just go up there and you don't have to have this, you know, passionate speech or passionate opinion about.
Speaker 5: You can just go up there and hit them with the marsha on just blame.
Speaker 2: You know, yeah, you know what happened this way one word answers, Fine, exactly. You ain't gonna have this, you know, big ordeal every time you step to the podium. But he put itself in these type of situations. I mean, how are you mad at other people? This is this is the type of stuff you put out there. You put at the dak night in your top five situation, you put out the doing this for Zach Martin because you know mcarthy. He's done more work than McCarthy's ever done. You did these situations, man, you have no one else to blame. The media, people twisting my words here and there. Don't say those words. I'd be would I tell you? I tell you, man, what is going on in these streets? Man? There's two ways to approach you. One he could just sit up here and just you know see, I would come. So he's got the podcast, do the podcast. It's two ways. I would tell Michael, all right, if you really really don't want to do this and you want to save yourself twenty five thousand dollars, what's a lot of bird. I'm gonna print out everything you said on the podcast, and if somebody says something, hold on, give our notes. As I said yesterday on the podcast. That also, what do I say here all the time? Oh yeah, you gotta start quoting it if you want people to turn away. Quoting a bi in Hebrews chapter eleven talks about being unshakable. Do you see what we have here? You can dude, Dude, you start you start doing that, cats will start turning away, turn away, and you can fill up whatever time you have to. Man, I could sit up here, man, I could coach some place. I could be at a man, look right here, I got you, I got you four. I got you four verses from the Old Testament and New Testament. You can run out here with right here. Don't want to talk preach to him, Go preach Louise School of media. Man, you got he should make that brother. You said that about me. But I'm gonna forgive you here John, Look at John told me why. I don't need to be mad at you and the dude you could hey, hey, if that's what you really won't But I don't know if he really wants that. You asked that. But I want to go to something I said on the podcast last night when I talked about what our defensive effort needs to be, where I said an exact quote, Please quote me now, if to save yourself twenty five thousand dollars, I don't care who you are, like I said, I'll pay the five that's twenty five twenty five Like why when.
Speaker 5: You could easily just either do what you said or hit him with the Marshawn lynch.
Speaker 2: There's no reason I saw his daughter at the State fair text beautiful little girl. Man before I give the the NFL twenty five and I'm talking. I put that twenty five and nine college fund. Better believe it, giving up twenty five thousand dollars not on duty, not on duty. I wouldn't do it, or you could even flip it back. Okay, so sign yourself from the athletic ask. Of course, I don't know what would you do? What do you do? You tell me what you're seeing, let me let me so you start flipping it back and you ask the questions. Then hey, hey, there's my time times up, time ago.
Speaker 5: There are saving twenty five stacks.
Speaker 2: There are so many ways you could go into that, so many different things that you could do. Please save yourself to twenty.
Speaker 5: Five thousand, so many young players rolling.
Speaker 2: But I would not sit up here and give twenty five jess. Even if you took twenty five JS and you wanted to go give it to a thanksgiving cherry something. But I would not just sit around here give it because you don't want to talk to to local media, wouldn't. I just would not do it, all right, that's the players, not about you. By aristocratic gaming. Thank you Chris Being, who worked super hard last night out at the game yesterday. He's here bright this morning, getting everything done. Joshy Jazz. Everybody makes things happen. He's very church former Cowboy safety. I'm new he Scruggs, Heck maharsonal join us tomorrow right here on the Players Launched by to by Richard Gregg, game me on Dallas Cowboys dot
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.