Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: And welcome back to Coast to Coast George Norri with you. We've got a very special guest for you tonight. Michelle Welch is highly accomplished in many fields. Author, I'll mention some of her books again, psychic, intuitive, business and owner of three Crystal stores in Dallas, Texas. A licensed lawyer specializing in criminal and civil law. She's also a jury selection consultant. Michelle was born and raised in Longview, Texas, in a very religious family of four, and because of her spiritual childhood, she always had a relationship with angels, God and other spiritual beings. She attended Baylor Law School, became a licensed attorney specializing in civil and criminal law, and has retained to utilize her intuitive abilities for jury selections and high profile cases. Michelle, welcome to the program.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for having me. I'm so glad to be here.
Speaker 2: This is amazing your background and your work. We will get into a lot of this. But when did this all start for you?
Speaker 3: It started as long as I can remember, honestly, and then for as long as I can remember, I tried to pretend like I had none of it. I was a little bitty and running around in church saying things that I probably shouldn't have been saying, singing Heart the Herald Angel sing and I'd be like, and there they are, and I'd get in trouble at her. Right. So it started when I was really little and me seeing things that we would talk about in church.
Speaker 2: Now you've got five children, you own these two crystal shops in Dallas, you were practicing attorney. Still, you're doing a podcast, and you were psychic medium as well. How do you have the time to do all this well?
Speaker 3: I think I just delegate somewhat fairly well, and then I just space it out. That's what I think I'm doing. I hope I'm doing it well and not spreading myself self to them. But that's what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 2: In some of these high profile law cases that you use your psyche, your intuitive ability. Tell me how that works.
Speaker 3: I do so, and usually I don't talk about it. I don't even put it on my bio. But for this book I got permission to talk about a couple of cases. And so the way I usually do it is the investigators will come to me and instead of me just cold calling and saying, oh, there's a shallow grave on the side of the road, which is what they usually hear from just about you know, the people who call in and that they don't know and they don't trust. But the interesting thing that has happened recently to me, and one of the most high profile cases that I worked on in the Dallas area that ended up being on I wasn't on dateline, but the case itself was on Dateline was a client came to me to talk about something completely different and she was wanting a mediumship reading on like how her boyfriend was killed and a friend was killed. And all of a sudden, I was like, you know when you're in school and somebody's like raising their hand like pit me, teacher, pit me, pit me, pit me. Well, there was a spirit coming through to me like that, and I said, you know, I've got to interrupt this reading. Someone's coming through. And I started telling her about this girl. And it had not been broadcast. And I do know the DA's in town and the judges in town and two primarily two of the counties around Dallas, Texas, and I didn't know anything about this and I try to not watch. And I started explaining some things to her that this spirit was telling me about not wanting to be found and the reason she didn't want to be found and the girls, the person my clients jaw drops and she says, I've got to stop this reading. I need to call somebody. Will you call this family? And I said it's fine, and she wanted me to call the family of this girl who disappeared. I said, actually, no, I don't feel comfortable doing that. Fast forward. I ended up sitting in on the case. I wasn't called as a witness, but I ended up sitting in on the case observing for observing the case kind of silently for the DA's office and worked on the case. And I ended up being accurate on many of the hits that I got on the case. And that is in Spirits Unveiled. It's too salacious because of the family in the details in the case, but very much it was the body ultimately of this poor girl was found, which was needed. They did get a conviction before they found the body, but you know, they were concerned about that because it's just been a kidnapping case. We did and the girl was really sad about it, is the girl uh and happy. I guess in some ways the reason that she didn't want to be found for a while, because she said, I don't want to be found, was because her family was coming together. U that had been a little bit torn apart and with a divorce, or had been torn apart to look for her, and she was seeing things from a different perspective. She was happy that her family was coming together to search for her and that they were getting along in this search. So that was her perspective, which was compression a different.
Speaker 2: Perspective, and she was probably assuming on the other side, the longer they keep looking for her, the longer they'll stay connected together as a family.
Speaker 3: Exactly, it absolutely exactly was her perspective's so different than the perspective of what was going on here on this side with we need to prove this case, to put this guy away.
Speaker 2: Once she was discovered, her body was discovered, what happened to the family? Did they break up again?
Speaker 3: I think they'd stayed close. I think that they as far as I know from the client that because I never really did go and talk to them family. I just didn't want to be that person that rushes in here. Let me come save the day and tell you everything. The client is good friends. The family is a god parent to the client of mine as child. She said that they're doing really well and they have stayed in better contact and it's been a better relationship.
Speaker 2: So, wow, did you get your abilities from somebody in your family or were you solo?
Speaker 3: I thought I did not, And I'm very careful how I say. I would say, it's interesting because all my family on my father's side, they're all ministers, so in a way, they had abilities, but they would they would classify those as different, and I'm very respectful of how they would classify their abilities as different than mine. They would not say that my abilities are the same. They would call them the gifts of discernment and exhortation or something like that. But I did find out later and remembered that there was an aunt of mine that always taught me things about She had cards, she had herbs, she had different things. And not that I used cards and herbs or herbs, excuse me that much. That's not how I lean towards things like that. But she knew things and she would teach me things. And I do believe that that aunt had a lot of giftings that I've probably got things from. But my parents were a strange from her for much of our life until they got older, and then they got back together as far as you know, reconciling. And I think that's partially why interesting to these things together.
Speaker 2: Now you have dealt with angels, ghosts, demons, all all of the above, which are the ones that you would prefer to stay away from? I would assume the demons.
Speaker 3: Demons, and within demons, I would say a typical not a typical apart my word, I'm a specific excuse me type of demon. It's a predatory like and maybe they're all predatory, but I don't think so. I think there's some demons that are weaker and and you know you can I don't want to. I don't want to underestimate any demon, but predatory spirits. Uh. And I thought about it the other day. I was thinking again, like, really, what is predatory? Predatory is like, okay, like a tiger, you put a piece of a big old steak out, and that tiger is gonna wait around, and that tiger's gonna wait until you're somebody's not watching, and that time and you're weak, and that tiger's gonna come up and steal that steak. And but once the stay goes away, the tiger might not be as interested anymore. You know, there's as long as if there's nothing, there's no prey. And so the predatory spirits, where they're they're preying on someone, they are stalking someone, they're looking for your weakness, that to me is particularly andious those types of demons, and I will call them demons just and that's probably because of my upbringing. But good, evil, whatever you want to call it, I do believe there's both and that spectrum, and I have experienced both.
Speaker 2: Michelle tell us about your book, Spirits Unveiled.
Speaker 3: So I wrote the book because of feeling very crowded around in my energetic space. I would equate it to when the Stars hockey team first came here. They did it exhibition game, and I remember walking out of the of the game and I was all of a sudden, I was just being pulled around along. I wasn't walking, and I looked around and there were some big Dallas Cowboy football players walking beside me, and I was like, well, that's kind of cool, but they were I was just being carried along by these big Dallas Cowboy football players because you didn't even have to walk, and that's helped I kind of feel with spirits around all of a sudden. A lot of times I'll just feel like Pete. I look around at other people and be like, don't you realize there's all these energetic I'll call them energetic beings around us. There's all different kinds of beings around us, and don't y'all see them? Am I really that strange? Am I really the only one that feels this and feels so crowded? So finally I thought, okay, I'm just gonna go all the way there. I've already told my judge friends and lawyer friends, and they handled it. Okay, you know about ten years ago, twelve years ago that I was intuitive and all of this, and they all said, oh, that explains it and laughed at me, and they're like, we get you now. And so then I wrote about this book because I thought, you know, surely some other people feel this, that there are energy beings, and if not, I want people to know that maybe they don't connect with and I certainly don't know every energetic being that's out there. It's not an encyclopedia beings. It's the one that I've been privy to in some way that I've sensed or seen, and how to deal with them and how that I've dealt with them in my life, and then stories of other people that have had to deal with them in their lives.
Speaker 2: And there's an amazing gift that you possess, what you've had since you were a child. And at what point did you realize you had the gift?
Speaker 3: I was really young, and but here's the thing, I didn't know it was a gift.
Speaker 2: I thought everybody was everybody had the psychic ability. Huh.
Speaker 3: I thought everybody is this way, and I literally this is so. I mean, this just shows time. Maybe it wasn't so bright. I literally thought like the world was a linear like it started like a ruler at my house. And then when we were going to go to Granmart and Granddaddy's, you know, Okay, here's the ruler and when we get to what point are we going to be at granmarton Granddaddy's house. So that's how I thought of, you know, here's everything was just not the flat world thing, but kind of and so and the same thing. I just thought everyone. I just assumed that everyone saw things like me, especially because and I am not slamming church. I will not do that. I will not slam other people's religions at all. I am so grateful for my upbringing and my parents. But especially when you're talking about reading about angels, you're reading about spirits, you're reading about these things. And my church was very much My grandfather was an Assembly of God preacher, so I definitely would read about these things, and so I just assumed, Okay, so everybody sees them and senses them like I do. And I will say that when I was young, I was scared of I was very scared at night in my room of the beings that I saw. And now that I'm older, I'm not really as scared. Other things scare me more. Maybe like she been breaking somebody breaking into the house or something like that scares me a little bit more. But when I was young, I really was very, very afraid. And so I think that's another reason I wanted to write the book, was so maybe if parents pick it up and they do have a child that is like me and does see things and says, I'm seeing this, and my parents knew I was, because I got sent to my room a lot for saying things maybe I shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Have said, like, you know, they just didn't understand it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, and some of them were kind of inappropriate. I mean, like I said to and my uncle was everything to me. He's my godfather. And I walked it behind him and I put my hands on his head, and I literally and I was little when I say little, maybe five six, and that's little is little. And I said, Uncle Denseil, why do you have I'll say his name, I love him dearly? I said, why do you have worms in your brain?
Speaker 2: Worms in your body.
Speaker 3: The worms in your brain, the worms in your brain. And about a month later, he was diagnosed with what they called benzene, a benzine brain tumor JEEMS at an oil company in Beaumont, Texas, and he was diagnosed with a brain tumor. And I got sent to my room because I told him he had worms in his brain.
Speaker 2: And the worms, to you, was the tumor.
Speaker 3: Right, It was the tumor stuff moving around in his brain. It was cancer in his brain. But I didn't know how to just say that as a five or six year old.
Speaker 2: That's incredible, and this ability has it enhanced itself over the years, it has honed itself.
Speaker 3: So for a while, like I said, I spent some time trying to pretend that it wasn't fair. I tried to use that logic. I did everything I could to pretend that or to prove how smart I was and how intelligent I was, and let's do the most I can. I think that's where that doing a lot comes from, to show that, you know, it's not just me being strange, that I can actually graduate from law school early. I can start trying cases, go work for the Court of Appeals at twenty four, almost twenty five years old, and then be with the DA's office at twenty five and accomplish all these things and ignore it and take these great juries. And finally had to come back to the realization that it wasn't Michelle being so smart. Yeah, I worked hard, but I was getting a lot of help on my intuition. So I had to come back around and say, it all comes together and Divine God puts things. It gives us gifts and talents for a reason, and we just need to accept them the way they are.
Speaker 2: Michelle have you ever been tricked by a spirit or a demon.
Speaker 3: I think maybe I have a great question, because I have asked myself that question. I will say that one time in my store, I violated one of my ethical codes, and I'll make it quick. I do not believe in walking up to people and saying, let me give you a message.
Speaker 2: Right, or you're gonna die or something like that.
Speaker 3: Anything like that. Young lawyers do that too. They'll get out a lot. And my daughter's graduating, by the way, this weekend from Beadorddle.
Speaker 2: School as a lawyer.
Speaker 3: Yes, good for her, graduating early, just like me. And I'm like, please, but.
Speaker 2: You know, and then she'll take the Texas bar right, yeah, yes.
Speaker 3: Yes, and so she's But but I my code of ethics from strong. I have strong ethics about what you're saying, you don't say. And I don't believe in walking up to somebody just randomly in my store and saying he was like, oh, I need a crystal for dialysis. And we sell a lot more than crystals here, but you know, I'm going to have dialysis and I dialysis, And I was like, oh, could I do a little bit of reiki on you? That is I never do that. That is against my code of ethics to just ask someone out in the middle of my store. And to this day, I have had some kidney issues and in some pretty bad kidney stones, and I wonder if that was a tricks or spirit. And I know that sounds silly, but I really or I don't know, but I really struggle with it. Was that a malevolent or a benevolence spirit? Because we have gone back over and our cameras are not perfect, so I don't want to say this is proof, but we have gone back over where I went out onto that floor and we had witnesses people out there working, and that footage is not there of me going out on the floor. So either I imagined it, which I know I didn't, or it's just not there. And I look back and I just wondered, was that the tricks to spirit? Because he sure seemed very kind.
Speaker 1: Listen to more at Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at one am Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more