Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Clubs. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World headquarters at the Star.
Speaker 2: Now your hosts.
Speaker 1: Barry Church, HECMA Harrison, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the TAJBA Hall of Football.
Speaker 3: We are here at the headquarters of the Dallas Cowboys. You are now rocking with the best. I'm Heckmharrison and in the building. Churches has swagger on one hundred thousand.
Speaker 2: We got across from us.
Speaker 3: He just got manage doing his his little show and uh.
Speaker 4: Show, little take the little off that you had on that you head on down to the TPS to party. They say, hey, Jesse holler. Yeah, well Jay was up in that tower and he was giving them measurements like hate to have.
Speaker 3: It, Jesse, Holly, just this is your week right here, Jesse, Jesse, this is your week right here.
Speaker 2: Don just now peeping.
Speaker 3: Yeah you see I was there, he was I was in there.
Speaker 2: I was attendance. I think I'll never asked you this question. Really, what if you scored?
Speaker 3: Bro?
Speaker 4: You want the funny answer or you want the.
Speaker 2: We're here for forty five minutes.
Speaker 4: So here's the thing, and I would like to believe that we're all men of believing in God, right, Jesus Christ and all that kind of good stuff. I was never supposed to score. I was never supposed to score. And here's why. When you think about my journey. In the first part of my NFL life, I was wild. It was all about me. In Cincinnati, the Lord took it away and he said, once I get you back, I'm gonna do something in such a unique way that you're gonna have no choice but to.
Speaker 2: Say it was me.
Speaker 4: I e I'm the only player in the Flax Street to get back in the NFL off a reality TV show. No one has ever done it that way. And it was the next time you get into position, you won't blow it. You won't blow it, and you won't take credit. So if you remember the end of that play, after it all happened, you know, Jason Garrett made fun of me, like, hey, I act like you've been there before. I was like, hey, coach, I haven't, but I went to that whole praise and worship thing.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: If I score, because they had the ball first. If I score, what happens, game's over. Everybody rushes me, they pile on top, they do all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: It takes that moment way.
Speaker 4: But because I'm at the one yard line and I don't get into the end zone, everybody has to stay at bay and I have that ten to fifteen twenty second where all you see me doing is giving praise.
Speaker 2: Yes, sir, that's facts.
Speaker 4: That's right. So that lives forever. And when you show that moment, those that know me and those that know the faith, they're gonna say, oh, that's praise and worship. Now, that's that's that's that young boy giving praise and that can never go away.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And so it was it was.
Speaker 4: It was. It was God's gift to me, and it was me giving it back to the Lord.
Speaker 2: Man. I absolutely love that.
Speaker 3: You know what sometimes you say Sometimes you say some stuff, man, and I got I question right, and I go Jay Holly. But then sometimes you say something it is so smart, and I still gotta go Jay Holly. And that was that was give me somethry on the players lines. What we do when we open up the show, and we always do what then, But when I host, I get down to brass tacks with people, man, and one of my things. And I always ask before we get into any cowboy business. Up Players now sponsored by Aristocrat Gaming. By the way, we have to check in. I do a thing called check in check in time, you know. So basically I'm just trying to figure out what's going on with you. You're good, so BC, how let me man check in with me? Mentals check on the mini mental is great.
Speaker 6: Uh when saw my my little bumble little boy do this thing called the dragon dash whatever over it is one of the schools and uh, you know, ain't running around doing all that stuff, you know, raising money, all that good stuff, basically my pockets.
Speaker 2: But you know it was it was great.
Speaker 6: It was great, families doing well, you know, health, everybody is healthy. So my mentals are good man, it's a good check in bro.
Speaker 4: I'm good. Brother. Were saying our show that we have a mental d dentals check. I always say, how is your mentals and dentals right?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 2: So for me mentally, I'm good man. It's been a great week. You know.
Speaker 4: Just I'm like, I'm just in a great space right now. Like I you ever had those moments where you just you just sometimes you sit back and you go, point, I am so privileged.
Speaker 2: It's going good.
Speaker 4: Like I'm so privileged, bro, Like I get to wake up and I get to do this for a living, like I don't got to go. When I was in Cincinnati, and I'll make this brief, when I was in Cincinnati. If you ever played for the Bengals, or you ever been to the to the to Paul Brown Stadium, their practice facility is across the street. Okay, So you get dressed and at the stadium and then you walk outside, and then you walk down the sidewalk and you cross the street and there's a practice cillity right by the lake underneath the bridge. But when you walk by, there's a rock quarry that sits right there to the left. And there will be days, man, and I would be walking across that street, and you know how the body feel, You be like, man, you be dragging yourself across the street. But then I would look over to that left and I'd be like where I could be logging these rocks around, Like I could be having to get up in the morning and get in one of these trucks and have to go get cement and concrete and do all that.
Speaker 2: Kind of stuff. Might I get to go play football, and that's how I feel.
Speaker 4: Now I get to wake up and I get to talk about sports and.
Speaker 2: They cut me a check. You have to whisper, actually tell me.
Speaker 4: I'm in a really good space right now.
Speaker 3: Man, that's you know, and absolutely. The thing about that is sometimes man is good. Other times it's bad. You know what I'm saying. But either way, we get to check in on each other and see what's happening.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: For me, Man, I'm good. I'm the same story, brother, the same testimony. Yeah, it's good man, and man, listen, this is as I've talked to you before. This season with my son, Man has not lived up to what we thought it would be. Uh he We've had to We've had to really like inundate our son in his faith too, you know, to talk to him about you know, God, don't make any mistakes, and look your journey and this is going to be you and your testimony. When you get to that point, it's you know, you you crave, wanting that attention so bad and wanting to be the man so bad, and when you have to wait and you know you're geared and you you already got the equipment to do it. You know, you have to wait this. It's a really frustrated, but it's a it's frustrating for him, but it's humbling as well. And I think as a father and being involved in football, my thing is to understand that I have to let him go through this. I can't fight this for him, you know. And I can't get out in front of I can't doll cuss the coaches, get out. So that's what you know, This, this is what I'm you know, having to go through. But man, it's I'm blessed.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Everything is good, family is good. But let's just handle this cowboy business.
Speaker 5: Hey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well here's the thing.
Speaker 3: You You make your way out to uh San Francisco on Sunday night, and obviously all the shows are talking about the same thing, talking about the cowboys and needing.
Speaker 2: A win on this show.
Speaker 3: Man, I thought about the questions before I got here, and the only thing that I could think.
Speaker 2: Of is guerrilla tactics.
Speaker 3: Not the gorilla tack This defense, this defense that is behind the eight ball and every number imaginable, imaginable when it talks about stopping the run, tackling all those things. The numbers don't bowl well for the Dallas Cowboys defense, and you go out to Santa Clara against eighteen that can do something that you can't do very well. They run the ball very well. You can't stop the run as well. Guys, you guys have had at a lot of time this week to talk about it. Now the resolution is here. You got to say something smart to me into Cowboy Nation. Either let them know this is this is where it's gonna start and end, or this is how it's just gonna end.
Speaker 2: BC. Come on now, look for.
Speaker 6: Me, man, I'm gonna say what I've been saying all week. This is a very winnable game for the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 2: I understand. You know.
Speaker 6: The rushing defenses is god awful right now. Thirty second International Football League. We all understand that. And to me, I don't want to see any more at least in this game for that too high safety stuff. I mean, for me, you gotta get one of them guys in the box. You gotta load the box, and you gotta stop these guys.
Speaker 2: From running the football. We all understand, we've seen it.
Speaker 6: Just having the front seven up there, defensive line and the second level with linebackers.
Speaker 2: Isn't enough.
Speaker 6: It just hasn't been enough off season to stop this rushing attack. Bring one of them boys down in the box and focus on stopping that run, all right. Make that San Francisco offense one dimensional, all right? Force them to go ahead and make Brock Purdy the guy everybody wants to put them up there to be all right, if he can go out there and throw for three fifty and four touchdowns, you gotta tip your hat on them, say you know what, you got us on this one. You got us on this one. But to me, you gotta be able to bring an extra defender in that box and help lock down that run. Because if they can get a balanced attack going, if they can run the ball with Mason and then hit the play action, you got Purdy coming around on boot legs, hitting Kiddle on the boat, then it becomes hard and it's gonna be it's gonna be a laughing game from there. You gotta make this guy's one dimensional. And the key to winning this game is putting it on Perdy's shoulders, because.
Speaker 2: I don't believe the man can do it.
Speaker 6: I don't believe the man can go out there without the leading to doom he has out there with without you. You know, I don't know Samuel. If he does play, he's not gonna be one hundred percent. Kittle got a foot injury.
Speaker 2: You ain't got those guys on the outside.
Speaker 6: Lock the hell up on the outside, bring that safety in the box, make it a murky, dirty game, all right, and get the job done defensively. I mean, that's that's to me what it comes down to.
Speaker 2: Jesse.
Speaker 3: I read something that you said on Twitter. Basically you said, Zim this week, better sell.
Speaker 2: I yeah, I did.
Speaker 4: I did, and then I got I got smacked with another situation.
Speaker 2: Okay, because I did. I said, I was on the same train that you were on.
Speaker 4: Bar I was like, if I'm ZIM over my dead body, well you run the football right, like you know what I mean, like over my dead body. And then uh, I do another show with Jeff Cavanaugh and he said to me, he says, yeah, the dead body is what's the problem. He said, because the Cowboys are fourth in the league at loading the box in the league at loading the box. To your point, another guy up there, teams still have a fifty two success rate running on it, which is also fourth in the league. So I want to say I was on the same train that you were on. Like man, like if he goes for four hudred Yard, you tip your cap to him and say, hey, but we can't let you. We can't let you do right. But that's for me. I'm on the sideline, like I'm I'm I'm on the sideline. And I said it on my show last, my show before this show, Go Yard, Gucci, Louie, Findy, Prada, Nike, Jan Sport. You gotta get in your bag, Michael from Pittsburgh. Okay, my boy, you gotta get so deep into this Bag's stupid. You gotta you had a whole week, your whole week. You could have popped on some other film, watch some other games. I'm an advocate of stealing plays. You gotta do whatever you got to do. You got that bag got to be so plentiful, you know, b You know what I'm saying. You got to have that carry on.
Speaker 2: You can go how we do?
Speaker 4: You got to have that carry on and it has to be so special that when we come back here on Monday, were like, did you see the thing that he will do? It out? What I want to ask, where was that at You can't go out there with the same game plan as you've been playing with six came to into this season.
Speaker 2: It's not gonna work.
Speaker 4: Against this defense because while the team as a whole might be a little bit banged up, the defense still has some pieces in place that are staples and what they do.
Speaker 2: In San Francisco. McCarthy's bag gotta be deep, not.
Speaker 4: Defense, defense too. He got to figure out a play too. Like Zim has to be in that bag as well. Both Michaels Michael from Illinois and Michael from Pittsburgh. That's what's in from He's from Millano. They both got to get in their bag. I got you because for him, you don't have Michael. You're probably not gonna have Michael this game. So you gotta find a way to manufacture something. You gotta have guys standing in the gap, standing there, don't move, don't move, no doubt, and so both to me, both Michaels, Michael and Michael, the law farm of Michael and Michael got to be bag worthy.
Speaker 2: At the end of this game. On Sunday, Can overshawn so were talking about this earlier.
Speaker 6: Can overshown be that chess piece to this defense not saying he's gonna be a parse is not saying you can just line up anywhere and get it done. But can he be that chess piece to where you can move him around just not have him stagged it on the.
Speaker 2: Second level because lineman get them hands on him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you know, you know this, you know this as a young player. It's the information, right And what makes it even more difficult because when I came into the league, and probably early on when you came into the league, you don't have enough time. Your practice time is limited, so that you know, and I don't know if he's at a professional And this is not a knock you. It takes time to learn. You when you hear veteran guys say learn how to be a professional, it takes a little time to learn how to do that. And so being able to get into the lab and study multiple positions. Right now, he's on that bag where hey, coach, leave me right here and let me fully learn this. So right, so he ain't yes to the question in the future, but right now, it's just a difficult.
Speaker 2: Place to be in for a young player. That caters to what you were just talking about. By Mike being in his bag.
Speaker 3: Defensively, you're gonna have to find some piece somewhere somehow that can that can really generate that pressure. That's one of the things I think that throws you off about this defense from last year to this year.
Speaker 2: The pressure is not there.
Speaker 3: They're not turning the ball off and I ain't getting those interceptions, not getting any pressure, you're not tackling right. And then you're coming up against the San Francisco Jordan Mason that is probably one of the best at breaking tackles.
Speaker 2: So I'm just so.
Speaker 3: When you when there is when you come up against that team where obviously you put the numbers together, you put the you look at their evaluate their starters, and you say, damn, even with what they have up against what we don't have, it's not like we outmatch them, even with the pieces that they that they're missing.
Speaker 2: So that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: When you go into Okay, get into your bag, Mike Zimber, bag with what bag?
Speaker 2: With what? Because there's only so much zone.
Speaker 3: There's only so much man, It's only there's only so much that you can do, especially up against the San Francisco team that you know is gonna give you that tight You know they're gonna be in tight, they're gonna block up man oh man, Then what do you do if time, proof and consistency in this building?
Speaker 2: Where's it coming from? San Francisco? Now? When you ever gonna beat them? I mean saying you coming off.
Speaker 6: Pneumonia, Kiddle got a foot injury. No, I you you ain't got CMC back there. I mean that defense.
Speaker 4: Juan Jennings might not play.
Speaker 6: Juwan Jennings might not play the San Francisco defense right now.
Speaker 4: They're living off what they did you know years ago.
Speaker 2: They're middle of the pack defensively.
Speaker 6: If you can't beat this team right now, when you're gonna beat him, this has got to be the best opportunity to.
Speaker 2: Now it's gotta be done.
Speaker 4: The problem is you're probably overall worse than what they are right now at their worst.
Speaker 2: But you got a.
Speaker 6: Full strength offensively, You got your pay NFL player in the league right now at the quarterback position.
Speaker 4: You gotta a receiver who last year and that's its healthy. I mean, I don't think I expected ferg to take a bigger leap. I thought was gonna be more of like you hear you Travis Kelcey, uh talk about you know, this guy is one of the up and coming guy. He's gonna be one of those guys like I was looking for him to have more of a pop, more of a wild factor, more of a dominating factor. I don't know. I don't know if it's scheme or design or he's spending too much time and helping with blocking and he just can't get things vertically down in the middle of the field. I just felt like it was supposed to be C D. Ferg and others. Right now it's just CD and them, you know what I mean. You know what I'm saying. So I just I wanted more from Ferg. I thought he was supposed to take that Michael Jordan leap this year.
Speaker 3: So this is look we're gonna I'm gonna tease this because I think for the next segment, this is what we have to come up with matchups that are going to benefit the Dallas Cowboys. And I think we're gonna have to start on offense because if we're going see CD in them coming up next on the Plans Lounge Aristocrat Gaming.
Speaker 2: Hey, they're Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 7: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo. Bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a proud sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred gam b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 8: Hey, Cowboy fans, I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but lately I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even US pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot Com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 9: Prescott kitsch it slide for the first down.
Speaker 8: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookiean crypto with blockchain dot Com perthpick throw.
Speaker 4: My goodness, wow did he ever thread the needle?
Speaker 8: Visit blockchain dot Com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 7: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now, Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order, plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 2: The Jack Black Playmaker is four.
Speaker 7: Of Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy witball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 7: That's get Jack Black dot com slash.
Speaker 2: Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip.
Speaker 1: Are you the twenty twenty four Dallas Cowboys Fan of the Year. The Dallas Cowboys and Captain Morgan are celebrating extraordinary, inspiring and original fans. Nominate yourself or the biggest Cowboys fan you know for a chance to be named the twenty twenty four Fan of the Year and win prizes including a trip to Super Bowl fifty nine. Visit Dallascowboys dot com slash Fan of the Year, Go Cowboys to the Players Lounge.
Speaker 3: Stay connected with the Dallas Cowboys on your Connected TV. Catch up with all Cowboys content like player interviews, weekly TV shows, podcast, docu serieses like Deep Blue and much more. Download The Cowboy now app on Amazon, Fire, ro Cool, and Apple TV. We're back here in the players Lounge and Frisco at the Cowboys headquarter. My man Barry churches in the building and Jesse, let's go, well look here, man, my man, man, Jess, what a testimony. My brother absolutely man, and and we tease a little bit about the matchups coming up, and we're gonna have to also pick our Yetti Cool customers. So it's your first time on the show, Jesse. So what we do every Friday is we pick a Yetti Cool customer. Who's the guy that needs to be the Yetti Cool customer. So we'll pick that here in just a minute. So think of somebody. Anybody could be anybody, Okay, somebody. But we were talking about the talking about the matchups, and I think something that you said about Ferguson and I call him for kittle Kelsey, I call him all the top tight ends in the league on this show. But he hasn't had lived up to the expectation after six games offensively, I think period you heard Dak talk about this. He's like, my performance has been average. He talked about his own play and what he's thought about it, and so offensively, I think there's been a lot left to be desired. But in this game versus the San Francisco defense that doesn't have the amount of injuries that the Cowboys has, there's gonna be some matchups that I think the Cowboys can expose. In you guys's mind, what are those going to be to get this game with a W.
Speaker 4: It's going to be in the secondary that this Niners team, if they give up some plays to you, they give him up in the middle of the football field. So you're gonna have to and here's here's the here on the string, right, because in order to allow routes to develop down the middle of the football field, I gotta have a little bit of time, right, I gotta have a little bit of time. So, and this is part of the issue that they're having offensively, is like, well, we want more down the field players and more chances and more shots. Well five and seven steps drops, my boy needs a little bit more time. And if if I'm getting to the top of my five step on the top of my seven step drop and immediately I'm now having to evade somebody or move in the pocket. I've now lost my eyes down the football field. So now when I get them back up and find the open receiver, the guys have on the defense have reacted and gotten back into positions. So now when I let this ball go, by the time it travels to his destination, we in some trouble, right And so for me, it's if you're gonna make hey, it's gonna have to be in the middle of the football field. That's when they get That's where they that's where it's susceptible of giving up some plays. But with that, you either have to design it properly because and I'm glad that we have a defensive player here, because for everything that you do defensively, there's a hole, there's a hole.
Speaker 2: They're acting.
Speaker 4: They're banking. They're banking on where we're weak. Our rush or something else gives them a clue to get off of it.
Speaker 2: But you can't find it quick enough.
Speaker 4: You can't find it quick enough, right like, because there's an answer. And that's why I say that Michael from Pittsburgh got to get in his back, because they gotta be answers.
Speaker 2: This team's gonna play zone they're gonna play zone against.
Speaker 4: The count of course, where are the answers? And they give up plays in the middle of the football field. The one caveat to that is will Dak Prescott have enough time to connect because you may not get a lot of chances. There maybe two or three where you hit it. If you hit it, they don't hit the hit on the gold post. But you're not gonna get a lot of those. And you know what you hey, if you if you missed it, we give you another one.
Speaker 2: You see what we're doing now.
Speaker 4: So that's where there's say acceptible to giving up some players out down the middle of the football field. They got to just be able to do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, for me, you gotta find an extension of the run game. We all understand, you know this, this running back committee, you know the Zekes, the you know daddles that it just hasn't worked out the way they wanted to previously. So for me, you got to have an extension. And to do that to me, once you gotta get it one. You gotta get the ball out of your hands quick. And to me, I see a screen game happening. The one way to slow down a great pass rusher. I mean d where used to always tell me is the one thing they hated was either you run straight at them or you involved the screen game, which means gets some think a little bit, man, why am I getting through this path? Or why am I getting through the officital line and so quick? Oh there's a screen right behind me. It'll slow them down a little bit. So to me, the only way to get balanced out there, because you can't run the football. You can't just line up in the eye and run it straight at him. We just proven not to be able to do that. You got to find a way to extend the run game, which is you know, maybe a bubble screen here, some type of screen game to slow that rush down and get the ball into the hands of guys who are dynamic enough to make guys missing an open field. That's the one thing I think this offense is missing from last year was that big explosive play, but also getting your playmakers to football in the open field and letting them do work. You got a guy in Cee Lamb who's last year at least was one of the best wide receivers in yards after the catch. I mean, this guy's a punt return he knows how to make guys miss and make five yard slants or two yard shallows turning into twenty yard games twenty five yard games. You also got a guy by the name of Turpin who has that ability as well. You know, he's not a guy that's just going to be carving up the defenses, but if you get the ball in his hands early enough and he has a little bit of space, he can make one or two defenders miss.
Speaker 2: We've seen that in the past, So to me, you got to extend this run game.
Speaker 6: And to do that has got to get the screen game going and getting your playmakers or the ball quick in enough space for them to make people miss out there, and hopefully that slows down that rush enough to where you can get those developing passes down the football field in the middle of the field and be able to take advantage of it.
Speaker 3: But you gotta slow that rush down, man. I look, that's exactly what I was looking for. I was looking for specifically the matchups that you guys were going to call on to to actually pull out a victory. And I think you have a bunch of them, like they're they're hitting gems that maybe hit a miss it's the time proof consistency.
Speaker 2: Have we seen these guys do it?
Speaker 3: I don't think so, but this would be a perfect time for it to show up, because I know that you guys watch the tape and you see Ceedee Lamb being taken away by defenses.
Speaker 2: They're saying, and who was it?
Speaker 3: Gosh, I saw it on the podcast. I'm and Ross Saint Brown just came out and was saying to Joseph.
Speaker 4: Kirmie, Joseph exactly the take away CD and let the others exactly, it's.
Speaker 2: Them, that's that's them, thet them.
Speaker 3: Let them if we're we're not worried about them. And to me, the insulting part about that is to guys like Cavante Turpin, who you know have the speed to do exactly what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: BC.
Speaker 3: He's a guy that could take a bubble screen take it to the house. You're looking at another guy. And and Jalen Tobert who you want it every time you want to be so excited for Jayleen Tober. You want you want to you want to pull up for him so bad, But then it's so moments where it's like.
Speaker 2: That glory is evading this young.
Speaker 3: Man that seems like he's right on the cusp of having that breakout game, and this game is the is the game that you absolutely need Turping to be.
Speaker 2: I mean, you need Tobert to be on his a game.
Speaker 4: It's so truth like you talk about I talk about defensively the percentages, right, because for every Cavante Bubble Street that's successful, a defen to go, okay, we'll give it one. But eventually, are you willing and able to consistently go to the others because we may we may give up one and most defens to go all right, cool, another quarter pass.
Speaker 2: But we're gonna play these percentages.
Speaker 4: We're gonna say that eventually Cavante go on mister Reid and get tackled for a loss, or that Jayden Tober is not going to run the right route properly and it be an incomplete pass, or you get panicked and you get a little bit pressed and now you try to force one back in the eighty eight and we tip it an interception. Right, So that's the part. It's it's it's ken are you willing to consistently go to the others because one play don't get them to move? One player go all right?
Speaker 2: Cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, okay, we expected to get you know they're gonna get one or two?
Speaker 2: Will they do it again?
Speaker 6: They?
Speaker 4: I dare you? I double DOGG. I tripled dog did triple it again on third and seven? Look away from eighty eight gladly, and we'll see. Are you willing to look away from eighty eight on third and seven? Third nine? When you backed up in your own in your own territory when the game's a little tight, are you because if you're not, if you're not, and the guy that you have to trust on plays right to the defensive hand, and they'll just go told you.
Speaker 2: Okay, I got here.
Speaker 3: Quick question, guys, when you if listen, you didn't see this game and all you got were the stats on this game, and all you got with the stats and you're looking at Dak Prescott's stacks stats, what do those stats have to look like for the Cowboys to pull out of victory?
Speaker 2: Jess, I M that's a difficult one. No, no, no, no, it ain't. You can answer it.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, whattat What does that stat line have to look like for Dak?
Speaker 2: And you say, oh, the Cowboys won this game three fifty and four touchdowns whoa.
Speaker 3: Wow, give me the completions. Then he has to be well, how many times you throw the ball.
Speaker 4: Thirty five for forty two, thirty five, thirty five or forty two?
Speaker 2: Wow? He has to be perfect. Yeah, okay, I like the TDS.
Speaker 4: And here's why. Because we've seen games where you've gotten blown out and you've had good stat lines. So you got it. It's you're not running the football. Let's like, we can sit here and hope all we want. Like, I don't. I don't live in that land of you know, like I don't. I don't live in the land of like. But if Tyler Goyton all of a sudden fingers out of the way, I don't live in that land all of a sudden that Terrence Steel is gonna turn it on it, he's gonna be the all. I don't live in that land, my boy, I don't live in that land. It's nothing that you've showed me consistently on film this year that leads me to believe that's who you're gonna be.
Speaker 3: So thirty five or forty two, three hundred and fifty yards, four touchdowns.
Speaker 6: My styleline, and it's it's kind of Dak Prescott you know, senator, but counting that, give me ten or thirteen on third down, give me four or six in the red zone. You know, give me twenty eight minute time of possession. Give me something to wear. This defense for the Dallas Cowboys can rest on the.
Speaker 2: Sideline a little bit.
Speaker 6: We've seen it in these Pascebama get cushion or playing with saying thank you, you give it ain't three and out and they gotta come come.
Speaker 4: Back and then and now you you they got to come back on the field. They down fourteen points.
Speaker 6: It is old with it because now they're gonna get their hands on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a wrap.
Speaker 6: Give me them for the defenses rested and they come on a few they turn again.
Speaker 4: I'm fourteen seven, seventeen ten. We got we go it ain't that's the pressure. Now we can play around a little bit.
Speaker 2: We can.
Speaker 4: I can now do some things and be able to take some chances. But when you go down there and you look up, you're like, man, is seventeen seven at.
Speaker 2: Least eight or thirteen? These three of thirteen that ain't cutting it? Man? Because defense, man, have you been over there? Call you here? Is puntze? Like God, just I just got.
Speaker 3: Here we go, and that's that's the one that's when it's ready for long. So that's that sheet. Man, It's gonna be interesting because I think that's the one thing you come away from every Cowboy loss a whin. You look at that stat sheet and there's some blaring things on that stat sheet that you say, There's no way you can win like that. If you're playing like that on third down, there's no way you can win like that. If you're turning the ball over in the red zone, there's no way if that's your red zone percentage, no way, if that's your QBR that you're going to win the game. So that's that line, to me, is indicative of wins and losses because each and every time that's the black and white for the Dallas Cowboys. But we gotta get to our YETI cool customer, and I'm gonna go first. I'm gonna go first. I'm steal. I'm gonna steal your YETI cool customer because I know this is who you're going with. No, man, Marvin Overshawn, oh you got And I think for all the same reasons that you had been stating all week, he has to do his best Michael Parsons impersonation. I don't care what nobody says. He played defensive end at the University of Texas. He played that outside lineback and spot, so he knows how to rush off the edge. He knows how to blitz through the a gap. That's the way that Mike has to use him. He has to get another weapon. Sitting back playing the you know, playing the percentages ain't gonna work for Mike because all Shanahan is gonna do it's attacking.
Speaker 2: He's an attacking on the edges.
Speaker 3: He's gonna send my man seventy one on the Koma Kazi mission to the second level, and you know everybody is olaying No. Seventy one getting out the way. So my yetty cool customer is the Marvin over shown who you going with?
Speaker 2: BC man that I'm sorry you got me on that one. But do we know do we know it's it's Kendricks available in this game? Do we know?
Speaker 4: I think he's trending to.
Speaker 2: Okay if he's if he's able to, if he's.
Speaker 6: Going out there, Jimmy Kendricks is my yeady cool customer. You need somebody to be that quarterback of the defense. If we saw in Detroit when he wasn't in there, guys look like they was running around with you know, look like the chicken.
Speaker 2: With his head cut off. They didn't know what the line up, what was going on.
Speaker 4: They need a calming presence in that kree Dot important.
Speaker 2: You can look around.
Speaker 6: You got me, all right, I'm cool. We need somebody in there to settle everything down. Especially we all know San Francisco. They're gonna get a couple of plays in a row. They gonna they gonna have this defense on their heels a little bit. You need that guy in the center that's been like all right, guys, calm down, we got this.
Speaker 2: This is the play.
Speaker 6: We need you to take this responsibility boom and get the job done.
Speaker 2: For me, it was Lee when I was here playing. When he was going, it was like we're gonna do next.
Speaker 6: But when he's in there, the defense kind of just calms down a little bit. So to me, if Kendrick is able to go, that's gonna be mad.
Speaker 2: A cool customer.
Speaker 4: This is my camera, Yes, my yetti cool customer. I need to be hot.
Speaker 2: It's okay. This guy has a performer. I love this guy.
Speaker 4: Goo ahead, Trayvon dis hear me and hear me good?
Speaker 2: Is he gonna?
Speaker 4: It's time, brother, It's time. No Micah, no Tank, You are the guy. You're the next guy on this defense that they paid a boatload of money to. Ain't no turning down, no tackle this week, my boy, And we're not doing that. You when Shirt said to get a couple of players going, and you need that common presence. I need that comming presence to be from you. I need you to go and get an interception and be like, hey, we good.
Speaker 2: You could do this. You could do that.
Speaker 4: You know, you gotta be willing to sacrifice yourself in the running game. You gotta be willing to if de Bo can go, that's your man.
Speaker 2: Mm hmmm, I like it.
Speaker 4: Like they do CD. That's how you gotta do de Bo. He ain't the fastest, he's physical, he ain't the fastest. He ain't running away from you. You gotta be the guy to lock that down and make their and thems have to make plays for your defense. And this is this is the moment where you gotta step up and go, hey, why my other big dogs is out?
Speaker 2: I got him, man, the mic then I got him. It's time.
Speaker 4: It's time, man, it's time.
Speaker 3: Like come on, many around, it's time, like you listen, we're desperate that it's that week because I ain't going out there.
Speaker 2: Y'all desperate, So we're desperate.
Speaker 4: Y'all need something, you know, you know what I'm saying, Like, y'all need something. Don't don't let like, don't stop waiting for over showing on some of these other young kids to step up. You're the veteran guy on this defense. You're the guy that they gave ninety something million dollars to. You're the guy that's supposed to be the lockdown corner on his team. Make a damn play, you know, perty ain't that I mean, he ain't. He ain't prime Aaron Rodgers. He'll give you an opportunity go take Hey, now it's a good time.
Speaker 2: To go get your pick six brow.
Speaker 4: Now's a good time for you to step up and say, y'all, shut the hell off. We about to work our way back instead of tucking your tail and and and when guys are coming up now and no sidebar if a big trick is coming around the corner, I understand.
Speaker 2: Understand a lot of exceptions.
Speaker 4: There are a few exceptions.
Speaker 2: You can't cut no more.
Speaker 4: If he coming around the corner, it wouldn't behoove you to. You're gonna stick your nose in there and win that battle. You try to send them back inside to where your help comes in for dog. Come on, man, I saw you turned down tackles against running backs. Little running backs. Ain't talking about Henry? Come my little running backs and receivers?
Speaker 2: Can that? Man?
Speaker 3: The players lounge is off the chain on a Friday, and it sucks that we only have one segment less. But I gotta take this break and I'm gonna come back. I'm gonna get your picks. Have you made picture? You already made your picks already, so you can't. You already made your picks on your game, gonna kick the same pick, You're gonna keep.
Speaker 2: Your same picks. I won't know where youre going because you bad.
Speaker 6: You've been dunking the Dodgs and mom, yeah, I need to know I need them.
Speaker 3: Hey, we're gonna take a break on the plans line was supposed to buy Aristocrat.
Speaker 2: We'll be right back after this. Hey, Danny McCrae, here for Smoothie King. You know every great workout deserves a great reward.
Speaker 3: So treat yourself right with new coconut smoothie bowls made with real fruit, crunchy purely Elizabeth Granola, creamy coconut and top with the chocolate, hazel nut or honey drizzle with two new flavors. It's perfect for you and the workout buddy, so you both can stay on track even after you leave the track. Scoop up new coconut smoothie bowls only at Smoothie King, the official smoothie of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 10: Hey y'all, Matt Pittman of Meat Church here. With football season kicking off, I'm already gearing enough to bring the smoker back to AT and T Stadium for some epic tailgates. But with that Texas heat, it's crucial to keep my beer hand cramping cold. That's where Yetti's insulated colster kin cooler comes in clutch this year. You can even get them with the iconic star engraved on the side. Licensed Yetti Cowboys gear is now available at stadium pro shops, concessions and on Yetti dot com. Check it out today. Yeti official cooler and drinkware of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 11: To kick off the twenty twenty four NFL season, Boss teamed up with the Cowboys and Micah Parsons to launch an iconic apparel collection. The Boss Cowboys collection unites football and fashion while reflecting what it truly means to be a boss. Arriving just in time for the start of the season, the distinctive attire from the latest Boss Cowboys expansion offers sports officionados and true bosses the chance to show their team spirit and style. Get yours today at NFL shop dot com, slash hugo, Boss Hugo, Boss dot Com and Boss retail stores hashtag be your Own Boss.
Speaker 9: Raisin Caines presents the other Rules of Football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 2: Rule twelve, no crinkle.
Speaker 9: Cutfries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes a illegal formation. And Rule thirty one anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of Kames when it comes to winning game day, Caines rules raising Cane's Chicken Fingers one love Go Cowboys.
Speaker 2: To the players loud.
Speaker 3: The Cowboys take on the forty nine ers in Santa Clara on Sunday, October twenty seven, So we're hosting another free watch party presented by seven eleven. Join us at the middle of Lighthouse at Atat Stadium to watch the game with Cowboy Nation Q Thunderstruck because the Dallas Cowboy cheerleaders are performing and Rowdy will be there to watch the watch the game, Grab a slurpee and cheer loud. Get your tickets at Dallascowboys dot com. Slash watch Haute and the players louds Man. Look, we've been doing our thing. Knui took the day off. He wouldn't play a little down on us. He wouldn't played a little golf today. We've been talking about what our defense needs to do. And man, everything that was good with ranches. My man has ranch over there. We have to break ranch honey mustard in Buffalo wing sauce.
Speaker 2: I just saw white honey honey mustard. You got the sauces up in here.
Speaker 4: A triple dipper. I'm a triple dipper. Wow, I'm a triple dipper.
Speaker 2: Look, I'm a vegetarian. I would know. I don't know you could.
Speaker 4: You could dippyr celeries or whatever you want to get cauliflower and range you're getting vegetarian. Yeah, I mean, don't don't, brother, I'm not attacking.
Speaker 3: You are judging my cards.
Speaker 5: Okay, don't you look at me like I judged you. I judged you. I judged like cookies. I gave a steak. But don't you take my cake.
Speaker 2: You can have the steaks. Give me my man, very batty crocod man. Listen, we got to pick these games.
Speaker 3: And all week I basically have come in here and I have stated in my case about this game.
Speaker 2: You know, look what y'all gotta do? What you know?
Speaker 3: What's about y'all? Y'all do y'all back me in the corner. Every week you will walk up out of here. Every week I see you at the security desk. You're like, hey man, what's the big brother? And I say, you know, so so there you're such a homework your homer. Now when I sit here and I analyze, I dissect, can give you the facts.
Speaker 2: Y'all still look.
Speaker 6: At me side that people say that about you.
Speaker 4: Know, does Church say about you?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Say about you? Absolutely? Danny said about you. Absolutely? You see that Jerry medal Jerry Madelon.
Speaker 3: You're a fan, You're an educated all the football I call an You're a fan, you're an educated.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of times when a lot of people say things about you, When a lot of people say things about you because allegations.
Speaker 3: I'm lord to the so all. I love the Dallas Cowboys. Man born and raised o Cliffe, Texas. It's what it is. You look thirty day.
Speaker 4: South what a f So let me I say one random thing. This is nothing to do with football. I'm not from Texas, getting from Jersey. But one thing I do love, especially being like being around here and worked in the South. Uh, I love the Texas already.
Speaker 3: Already because it means so much everything, like like what's up up already?
Speaker 4: You know what I'm saying. Somebody you hold it go for somebody.
Speaker 2: Already you know what I mean. It's how you said, yes what I mean?
Speaker 4: And I love that I already Yeah, I love that man, Amen that you're good man already, So shout out to all my Texas folks that used that use uh they go uh a san ay s man already. I love y'all for that man not already goes so hard b they just be already already, Cliff way too long. I love it, I love it. I love you a good especially for old heir. I love me a good old head already already, Hey, old head called me up, dad, and I usually get offended with like an old like when somebody called me like, I'm forty years old, you know, youngster, but the old hend days, he's a young fella. I looked, I said, already, you got it, you got it, you got it, O G. I'll be a young fella today.
Speaker 3: See even even understanding you know you come from East Coast slang coming down from South, coming to the South. You understand, Bro, Yeah, No, I get it, I get it, I get it.
Speaker 4: I'm sorry, I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: This is what it is already us let us know the picks already all right.
Speaker 12: First pick Philadelphia at Cincinnati. Cincinnati is the favorite about two and a half.
Speaker 6: What what it says, I'm just reading integrity.
Speaker 2: You want to know, you.
Speaker 12: Want to know who's in the lead right now, who's going to lead right now? It's a tie between Newie and Heckman. I'm glad. I am so glad that that new ain't here because his and before the bye he went eight No, that got him up, got him picked.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he jumped out the cake on that one. Definitely jumped out of the cake. So what you got?
Speaker 12: Heck you said Cincinnati, phil Philly at Cincinnati, Cincinnati, You're gonna feel it? Okay, Philly, how that tastes coming out of your mouth?
Speaker 2: Twenty I'm going twenty I'm gonna yo twenty eighteen. Yea, Chris, you know.
Speaker 4: Chris, you know better, you know better.
Speaker 2: Christ that's a whole Chris.
Speaker 6: You know you know us Hey with the boys, you know better.
Speaker 2: No matter. He was quick at it too. Yes, that's like Philly. Like, geez, you got Philly. I guess you got. You're all going with my boy k more Man okay more twenty four to twenty one, Jesse, you wanna pick?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm going Philadelphia too. I think getting back Davonte Smith and get it back A. J. Brown opens up this offense and and and Saquan right now, right now he in that conversation with with Lamar, with Jared Goff and sa Quan and that NBP and my mother.
Speaker 12: We're getting the best speed these things up. Arizona at Miami. Miami is favorite three and.
Speaker 2: A half Arizona at Miami. Yep to a back to it back give me Miami.
Speaker 12: Ooh, that's how you pick a game, right there.
Speaker 2: That's that's the time I'm going. I'm going. You know, I'm gonna go in Coyler and Connor. You did see them last.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go az on this one. Man, I'm going to Arizona. I'm gonna go Arizona twenty five, twenty three.
Speaker 6: Yeah, give me Miami. Give me the ya yo in this one. Uh, twenty four.
Speaker 4: Twenty I gotta pick a score.
Speaker 2: Give me twenty twenty one nineteen Miami, Right nice, all right? We got next one. We got Atlanta at Tampa Bay.
Speaker 12: Atlanta is favored by two and a half.
Speaker 6: Give me Atlanta, Atlanta, Atlanta thirty one, twenty four, give me give.
Speaker 2: Me Atlanta twenty eight fourteen. Ah, y'all going, ain't no Evans, no God one. Yeah, I'm gonna go. I'm gonna go atl on this too. I'm gonna go.
Speaker 3: I think this is yeah, I'm gonna did somebody say thirty point, Okay, I'm gonna go down, man, Let's go thirty two, thirty two to twenty one.
Speaker 12: We've got Green Bay favorite at Jacksonville by three and a half.
Speaker 2: Green Bay. I think everybody go Bay Lot.
Speaker 4: Green Bay thirty one, thirty one twelve, Green Bay twenty eight fourteen.
Speaker 2: I go. I think they score twenty eight, twenty eight, I go twenty eight twenty.
Speaker 12: Okay, Buffalo going across the country playing at Seattle.
Speaker 3: The dust before the Dust. I'm going Seattle on this one. Yeah, I'm going to Seattle. I'm gonna go seventeen fourteen.
Speaker 2: DK playing anybody.
Speaker 4: I think he's not playing. He had he had the grade one mcl spring.
Speaker 2: Give me the dust.
Speaker 6: Give me the dust in Buffalo twenty four to seventeen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Josh Allen another one guys in an MVP conversation as well. Give me Buffalo on the West coast. Give me Buffalo twenty four ten.
Speaker 2: All right, the dust.
Speaker 12: The last game before the Dallas game is Chicago at the fighting dan Quinn's.
Speaker 2: Dang was playing. I don't know a defense for Chicago's ill too.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna go shot Town on this man. Give me Shottown twenty seventeen.
Speaker 2: Give me Shottown seventeen to ten.
Speaker 4: Give me Washington. Let's go, Marcus Mariota. Give me Marcus Mariota seventeen to nine.
Speaker 12: Okay, now Dallas at San Francisco.
Speaker 2: He's seen you first, go oh yeah, you first, come on.
Speaker 6: Give me the boys in this one. I told you for the I told you from Johnson, give me the boys.
Speaker 2: What boy?
Speaker 4: The boombox boys.
Speaker 2: I ain't talking about that. I ain't talking about that. I ain't talking about bang bang nine A game boys.
Speaker 4: I don't want none at all.
Speaker 2: They ain' ain't gonna be there. I ain't gonna be Give me the boys. This is crazy. Give me the boy I've been told you is to be in de Troy. Yeah, to tell you the Troit. Give me the boys to seventeen. It's gonna be a boat race, y'all.
Speaker 4: I am a firm believer that a head coach slash whoever the coordinator is inside of the ball, you gotta go get your team one or two wins a year.
Speaker 2: I believe that.
Speaker 4: I believe your quarterbacks will go get you two three wins a year, and then your team will figure out the rest. They have the superior coach on the sideline. The one thing that's been the Cowboys nemesis this year has been the Kyle Shanahan Tree, you facing daddy, Yeah, you're facing the truck roots give me thirty fourteen.
Speaker 2: Oh like that. So on this show, we have something called the Sheet of Integrity. Man. We do this at the beginning of the season.
Speaker 3: We tell all our picks guys fluctuate on their big football exactly, so you know everybody's changed throughout the six games are claimed that they already said I would have win or a loss is gonna be. I have stayed in my case all week. I've said, just like you said, Jesse, that Sanahan has my man, Mike McCarthy's number. I think it's a hurt. Yeah, Mike from Pittsburgh. He can't shout out to the I just can't get just can't shout out to the hard to get over, hard to get over the hump there. You know, Cowboy Nation, I'm gonna let you down on this one because I'm going with the forty nine ers. Man, I'm going with the forty nine ers. My score is twenty four to thirteen, Cowboy Nation. I hope your team win. That's the Players Loud, sponsored to by Aristocrat Gaming. I hate to do it to you.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's what we're doing. Were out of this stand. How do we do staying with the shake.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.