Speaker 1: It is time now for today's Strawberry Letter, and if you need advice on relationships, work, sex, parenting, and more, please submit your Strawberry Letter to STEVEVARVFM dot com and.
Speaker 2: Click submit Strawberry Letter. We could be reading.
Speaker 1: Your letter live on the air, just like we're going to read this one right here, right now, and you never know, it could be yours.
Speaker 3: It could be yours.
Speaker 4: Buckalo and hold on, typ you got it for you here it is Strawberry Letter.
Speaker 2: All right, nephew, thank you. Subject. I told him to hush.
Speaker 1: Dear Stephen Shirley, my wife's brother, Antwine is separated from his wife and temporary living with us. Temporarily living with us, he owns an upscale barbershop and is considered one of the best barbers in town. But as customers know, he's messy and repeats everything he hears. I slipped up and I had a conversation with him, and I regret it. He told me about one of his friends and had a sexually transmittent infection, and he said the guy didn't know how he got it because he has never cheated on his wife. I got drawn into the story and I said that maybe his wife is a cheater and gave him the disease. That was it, That's all I said, and Antoine agreed with me. My wife was there and she agreed too. The next day I went by the shop and Antoine was still talking about his friend's disease. He quoted me, and I still he quoted me, and I told him to hush and.
Speaker 2: Stop being messy. It was too late.
Speaker 1: The next day, his friend with the disease popped up at my house and he walked right in and threatened me. He told me not to ever mention his wife again or spread lies about her. I guess he forgot that I'm a retired police officer and I'm almost a foot taller than him. I told him he had less than thirty seconds to leave my house. I went to the barbershop and told Antoine to find somewhere else to live. That situation with his friend could have ended up really badly, but luckily I kept my composure. Later on, my wife jumped in in the mix and she said that she said that I did say that about the man's wife, So I have no right to be mad at Antoine. She can leave with her messy brother as far as I'm concerned, and yes, I told her that I am pissed with both of them. Am I wrong for telling Antoine to get out of my house?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. You're not wrong, course not.
Speaker 1: It's your house, so it's your rules, as the saying goes, because you're right, that situation when the woman's husband her little husband, could have ended very badly. I can't believe you held it together like that when he just walked up in your house and got in your face. Your wife is wrong for going against you, although maybe she was just being protective of her brother, but still it's a no on how she handled everything. You don't go against your husband period. Now, if Antoine can come to you like a man and apologize and stop running his mouth down at that salon of his, maybe you guys can work your situation out. But it's too hated right now, it really is.
Speaker 2: I'm sure he.
Speaker 1: Has somewhere else to go, so let him go there, because you and your wife are going to have to deal with what you said to her when you were mad and what she how she sided with her brother.
Speaker 4: Tommy, you don't bring your std behind to my house.
Speaker 2: St I S T I S T.
Speaker 3: D don't get me to start calling us a name.
Speaker 2: T is TD.
Speaker 4: Whatever you got, whatever you got, you don't bring it, bring your behind up at my house with it. You really need to be going to the clinic. That's where you need to be gone. That should have been the first stop you made for you get it. You try to start trying to h check somebody.
Speaker 3: You need to get yourself checked. You need to go down there.
Speaker 4: You and your wife need to go down there and get yourself together. Why you ain't checking huh? She seems to be the problem. And Antoine, let me tell you something. You can't stay here no more. Matter of fact, you need to stay with the STD people too. You need to stay with them at the house him and his wife. I'm sorry, call I got to call like what you want me to call it? Call it to get you need to stay with.
Speaker 2: Commit No, go back to the go back to this.
Speaker 4: If you you ain't, you're stay and you're not staying here, all right, big brother gone reel, You're not staying here at this house.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry? Did I go too far?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: You're walking around with this disease that your wife then gave you. You're walking around checking everybody and it ain't got yourself checking. You need to get that in order. You know what I don't understand you're talking about that they got an upscale barber shop? Who got upscale barbershop? And disease is with it? Who got who hands that? Who has an upscale barber shop with syphilis over there sitting in the chair.
Speaker 2: But well, you know it's one of the three.
Speaker 4: Call them gone reel both of them, committee, it's one of them. So all I'm saying is is that soccer spot. If one of them two, they've been even fruit with it. Okay, So y'all gonna start talking to him like the kids the committee and sit your little hand down. Okay, alright, alright, alright, alright, alright, So we were talking about these herpes. Let me see you might get back to this ship. I'm sorry, my bag, what do we what?
Speaker 3: What? What are we discussing?
Speaker 2: I mean, it isn't s T I T I.
Speaker 3: Everybody don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: S T I actually transmitted infection. I told you what it was. Now.
Speaker 4: And Korn is a big time gossiper down at the barber shop, Okay, big time gospel down there. He's got everybody business out in the street, and we've seen these kind of people before.
Speaker 3: He mess it all right, But let me just try to give you a little something. Black men don't tell other black men to hush. Hush is not a word we use hush.
Speaker 4: We use shut the blankety blank up that you know what I'm saying, So hush. I'm kind of when I'm little worried about you. You know, here's what you gotta understand. By Antoine Antwine living with you because of what? Because he divorced? Yeah, why because he was over there mess it with he see his wife.
Speaker 3: His wife don't even want me.
Speaker 4: It's the reason why Antoine by himself and living at your house. Now, he ain't got nowhere to stay. Therefore, now he got to fan somewhere to stay. Hopefully. The guy that came by the barber shop talking back, I guess he's gonna have to stay over there with him.
Speaker 3: What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's out.
Speaker 3: And be a monster is TV. Let me see how many more?
Speaker 2: Is t T? I?
Speaker 5: All right?
Speaker 2: Hang on what I.
Speaker 3: Didn't get all of the names that I wanted.
Speaker 2: To do, Thank god?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Coming up, we'll have part two of the Strawberry lead Letter response coming up at twenty three minutes after the hour. Right after this, you're listening Hardy Morning show. Globe Life and Insurance can help you protect the people who matter most with coverage of up to one hundred thousand dollars. Whether you want to cover final expenses, payoff debt, or simply leave something behind for your loved ones, Globe Life makes it simple. Call Globe Life today at one eight hundred two five one fifty four hundred, or visit globelifradio dot com to get a free quote. That's one eight hundred, one fifty four hundred or globelifradio dot com.
Speaker 2: All right, it's.
Speaker 1: Time now to recap today's strawberry letter. The subject is I told him to hush. Okay, So a man wrote in A married man, his wife's brother, whose name is Antoine, is separated from his wife. So Antoine is living in this man in his wife's house. His wife is Antoine's sister. Okay, So Antoine owns an upscale barbershop. Somehow word got out that sexually transmitted infections are going around with this one particular client. And so Antoine told his brother in law, who he's living with, if that's the case. The brother in law said, well, maybe his wife gave it to him. All right, It got back to the husband. The husband came to the brother in law's house, who was a police officer who is one whole foot taller than this husband, and he told him don't keep his wife's name.
Speaker 2: Out of his mouth more or less.
Speaker 1: So anyway, after all this stuff happened, the husband went and told Antoine he could no longer live in their house. So now Antoine has no place to go, and the husband doesn't care. The wife got on Antoine's side, husband told her she could leave with Antoine too. And now the husband is asking is he wrong for putting Antoine out? That's the case. Tommy said, Hi, what did it? Upscale? Barbershops and STIs don't go together. And and Junior, you say, what.
Speaker 6: As a person that has spent a lot of time in barber shops?
Speaker 2: Uh huh oh, my brothering them own a barber shop. I play own a barber shop in Houston.
Speaker 6: I know would go on in the barber shop when you whatever happens, it's gonna come out this barber shop.
Speaker 2: Don't care, don't call your job.
Speaker 6: Everybody in here know but we we definitely know if you got an S T I and you come here, it's a lot of moving around, ain't You ain't got too many friends in here. Once you come here, people start getting up. We got mask on everybody, like Michael Jackson.
Speaker 2: We all got gloves on.
Speaker 5: Everybody got a glove.
Speaker 2: We ain't touching you.
Speaker 5: You in the front of the barber shop.
Speaker 2: We all in the back.
Speaker 5: You come to the back. We go to the front. We're not being back cause we don't know how.
Speaker 2: You got it. Uh huh, because you didn't do nothing wrong.
Speaker 6: You know this is the problem. You ain't do nothing wrong, and everybody just well, ma'am, if you didn't didn't make your wife had some way got in there.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 2: You didn't get it by eating a sandach.
Speaker 6: We know that that something for that DA ain't would happen to be somebody did something that We ain't crazy.
Speaker 5: But you get you get it, You get it, you know you get it.
Speaker 2: You get in a chair.
Speaker 5: We brushing you off, We cut your We brush you off.
Speaker 2: With a long handled broom. Just get all this half. You get this hair off for you. We're not touching you. You're not knowing this, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Every time you come around, people start scratching their neck.
Speaker 2: It's like, how am I itches?
Speaker 6: Yeah, everybody, this is a real itchy letter.
Speaker 5: This is like ooh, something's wrong here. This this is not normal.
Speaker 2: And yeah, if the dude went to s t I.
Speaker 5: You have every right to talk to him in your house. How you want to talk to him? You can't tell. You don't bring your wife's name up, no more in.
Speaker 2: Your that's great.
Speaker 5: You crazy? And you in here infected? How to light side you down? She need to be quiet.
Speaker 6: Coming in here, contaminating my my area lifeule you down?
Speaker 2: Are we missing all this.
Speaker 5: For anybody?
Speaker 6: You can't come in here talk without your antibodyoutic. I'm been here free talking without antibiotics. We take your pill every six hours. We know, but are we missing the point?
Speaker 1: Guys?
Speaker 2: That is the man's wife is on him. We're not missed pointing you need that.
Speaker 5: That's something he don't want to believe. Your wife would never Oh yes she did. What Wait do you emtionally get the ft I s A anybody?
Speaker 3: No? No, I don't. Well okay, well.
Speaker 6: If anybody go in that back room at the strip club. Have you seen him come back there scratching somebody's back there and you wipe back down there. Oh my goodness, that boy coming out at you went back there in that back room down there. You ain't get this at restaurants, Nope, they got they got health inspectors.
Speaker 2: They would have saw that. You know, he's in denial. Then about his wife, he's.
Speaker 6: In she at the restaurant, and the health inspect would say that, turn that blacklight off.
Speaker 2: Who is that scratching about the scratch mark?
Speaker 3: Is help? It's up everybody.
Speaker 2: About his wife? Yeah, he definitely that crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but then he say, didn't he say keep my wife at your mouth, don't want your wife and.
Speaker 6: Even you're the only one, you don't.
Speaker 1: Ever he he told me not to ever mention his wife again and spread lives about her.
Speaker 3: That's no, that ain't been spread. That ain't what's been spread. Something been spreading.
Speaker 2: Wow, we're just trying to figure out what that is.
Speaker 1: And how little is this man doctor's appointment?
Speaker 5: What is that? Keep talking to us.
Speaker 1: And you right, I'm like, we need to see your papers, junior paperwork.
Speaker 2: This is a lot. And how did they find out? Don't take long.
Speaker 4: The first day he put that Calaman lotion on it.
Speaker 1: The mosquito still use killing my love, Shiity black boys breaking out.
Speaker 5: On your face? Why these black Buck's showing up?
Speaker 2: What is this on your face?
Speaker 1: Is that.
Speaker 5: We're just looking at you?
Speaker 2: Break down? All right?
Speaker 1: Guys, listen, leave your comments on Today's Strawberry Letter on Instagram and Steve Harvey FM. Check out the Strawberry Letter podcast on the free iHeartRadio app coming up next to his Junior and Sports Talk right after this.
Speaker 5: Ay your big toe black.
Speaker 3: Thos people. This is Kirk Franklin.
Speaker 2: Hey, this is what's going on. This is your boy Kevin Heart.
Speaker 3: Hey, what up?
Speaker 2: This is your boy Chris Brown.
Speaker 3: Boys big snope dog Hi, I can't call it this Your man said to be entertainer.
Speaker 2: And you're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show.
Speaker 3: That my doubt.
Speaker 2: You're listening to the Steve Harvey Morning Show