Speaker 1: Oh, our special guest has joined us four time Grammy Award winning artists, author, actor, activist. His tenth studio album, Reconstruction, just released. The album features t I Killer, Mike John Bellen, and Friday Here he Is, Look Cray, How.
Speaker 2: You doing, bro?
Speaker 3: What's going on with y'all?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 3: How y'all doing?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 1: I'm doing good. I'm doing good. So help me understand this. You blended faith with hip hop? I mean, I mean, growing up. I'm sure you with this. You probably came up in the church, but you also listened to raps. So how did you come up with the comminat like? You know what?
Speaker 2: I was blended too, I mean honest with you, I didn't grow up in church. You did what?
Speaker 5: Nah?
Speaker 2: I didn't grow up in church.
Speaker 5: Like I like this?
Speaker 2: So how so how do how did we get this? Yeah? I grew up.
Speaker 6: I grew up you know, just loving rap. I grew up love and rap. I really wasn't. I would look at church kids. I thought that was lame. I thought it was corny. I didn't grow up in church. I was a free thinker. My mama was a you know, she was fed by the black panthers. She just was like, hey, don't get caught up in all that religion. And you know they got too many rules. You can't wear pants, he can't wear lipsticks.
Speaker 3: So for me, I just didn't.
Speaker 2: We didn't go to church for real.
Speaker 6: So I got to explore on my own and just kind of like see what was real. I tried all kinds of stuff, and.
Speaker 3: You know, I love hip hop. I love rap music.
Speaker 2: That was my thing.
Speaker 3: And so when I.
Speaker 6: Did meet the Lord, I had a spiritual transformation, you know, like as a grown man.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was already there.
Speaker 6: It was like, all right, how I'm a how do I combine what I already know in this new revelation?
Speaker 2: You did what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So, yes, that's kind of.
Speaker 2: What it was for me. Yeah, so I relate.
Speaker 3: I relate to people who you know are on the fringes.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: The church is the greenhouse. I like the jungle.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 3: Listen with you being a fan of hip hop, what do you think about where the current state of hip hop is right now? Truthfully?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean so hip hop if I consider myself a part of hip hop, if I'm healthy, it's healthy.
Speaker 2: But this is what I say.
Speaker 3: You got a lot of youngins out there who.
Speaker 6: Don't know about what it used to be, so they're not learning from the past in order to make the present better.
Speaker 2: You did what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So a lot of it is disposable music, a lot of it is just hot takes and just a lot of stuff. So, you know, I like when you can mix the two. I like when you can take the old and mix it with the new and then you got some good. So there's some stuff that's out there that I did that I like, and then there's some stuff that I'm like, Man, y'all ain't gonna.
Speaker 2: Here in two years, you know what I mean, Like, y'all gonna be gone.
Speaker 1: So when you when you're growing up and you're talking about you listening to rap, So who are some of your whore some of the the influences.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I listen to everything.
Speaker 6: So, like you gotta understand, I'm I grew up single parent, household. You know, no role model. Daddy ran with the Compton Crips, uncles, gang members.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 6: I don't have no healthy male influences. So to me, rappers were like my mom and dad. So I grew up listening to everything. I listened to I mean, you name it. I listened to it, old school news school. I would go back to before I was born. I would listen to Houdini, easy E. Then I go to Tupac and then I go to Lil Wayne, then I go to DMX.
Speaker 2: And jay Z like everything.
Speaker 3: I listened to it all.
Speaker 1: So do you feel like that Christian hip hop has it broken into mainstream or is there still more work for you to and others to do.
Speaker 6: I think it's breaking down because people are tired of the same old, same old music wise, and so I came in. I come kicking the door in, you know what I mean. So when I first got started, everybody looked at me like I was crazy. They look at me like an alien. I would come to interviews and they would touch me and they'd be like, so where your choir all back?
Speaker 3: You know what I mean? Where your choire all back?
Speaker 2: And what is this? And what you know? What do you rap about? Jesus is gone?
Speaker 6: And bro like come on, man, get all get out of here. So you know, once I had to, you know, I did the the you know, the BT cipher. And when I did that, they didn't even know what category to put me. In, so they put me with the international people. So then I when I get on there and I start cutting up, then they're like, man, dude is raw?
Speaker 2: Like you know.
Speaker 6: Then hip hop start paying attention and they, you know, so now I'm you know the rapper. Rappers are like man, I like buddy, you know the game and Royster five nine and you know, I Beyonce even it was like man, she sawm a video like man, you know. So then people was like, Okay, he nice. And now I think because I had to take all them lashes, this younger group of dudes behind me, it's easy for them. They just they just gotta be dope and they got to know how to you know, don't know, aboy, I don't. I don't. Don't nobody want you to come in condemning people. You know what I'm saying like, we may not condone, but we do not condemn.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're listening, but we don't judge. You did.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying, like, listen, that's you and God gotta have some conversations. I can't even tell you my journey, my story, tell you what the Lord had told me. You know, if if it hits you, it hits you, if it don't it don't you know what I'm saying, Like, that's how I move it?
Speaker 3: Was it difficult for you, especially when you think about hip hop now and the sound hip hop is completely different as opposed to how it was ten years ago, But it comes to you and making your music and your found Were you ever what's the word I'm looking for? We ever? Was there any any discomfort in wanting to stay true to your normal sound and in what you do being there? Today's era music sounds completely different than what it used to be.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think I'm a bridge, you know, like I'm a.
Speaker 2: I'm I'm in the middle.
Speaker 6: Like I'm little bro to the old school, but I'm big bro to the new school. I'm in the middle of two generations. Like Ja Cole say, you know what I mean that Kendrick Drake Cole like space And so for me, it's like I learned from them, but I learned from But I learned from them and I live with them too. So I just feel like I'm comfortable in both worlds, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm comfortable.
Speaker 6: I'm like, Yeah, I'm like Travis Hunter on the field. You did what I'm saying offense defense. I'm yeah, that's what's up.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, I'm fitting both spaces like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let me ask you this. I think I'm very interested in this. What do you think the biggest misconception is that people still have about you the man versus you the Christian.
Speaker 2: You come on you.
Speaker 3: I know you grew up in church, so I already know. I was a junior deacon, I singing a junior.
Speaker 6: Chow Lord God, that makes so much sense. That's why you That's why you were mess now because that's makes perfect says the ones who grow up in it, be like, yeah, man, I'm I'm out here.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. Uh No for me, you know.
Speaker 6: You gotta think like like for a lot of folks who grew up in church, I don't have the same baggage. I don't have the same trauma. I don't I don't have like seeing like like the you know, people doing one thing on Sunday another thing on Monday. Like I don't grew up seeing all of that stuff. So I don't have the trauma. I don't have the baggage that a lot of people have grown up Now, I got different stuff from being a rapper in the church having some issues with me. I got different stuff for being a black man and like standing up for the rights of black people in church, having some issues with that. But I don't have a lot of that church trauma. My mama got a lot of that, but I just don't have it. So for me, the misconceptions people come in expecting me to know the hymns and I don't know the hymns. I didn't grow up this inst I only liked like Kirk Franklin and uh Fred Hammond. I only got a couple that I really grew up that I know. So the misconceptions don't like I'm like, Bro, I'm not what you think I am.
Speaker 2: I'm probably more like you than you know. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: So, so you didn't grow up with James Cleveland and Shorty sees it at the Mississippi Math Choir, Alabama.
Speaker 3: Boys, Mighty Clouds and Joy Cloudy.
Speaker 2: Bro. When I tell you, bro, I'll be with my wife.
Speaker 6: My wife grew up in church and she be like, that's uh James Cleveland. I'm like, I don't know who he's talking about. I had today asked me to do this tour. McDonald's Gospel Tour. I'm on a tour and I'm like, They're like, man, you up there with the legends. I'm like, I don't know none of these people. I never heard of none of their music. I ain't gonna lie to you.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I'm marry Mary, you know.
Speaker 6: So every night I'm getting on stage and all the church moms just got their arms folded up looking at me, like what you doing here?
Speaker 3: And then I just get to tell him.
Speaker 6: I say, Hey, you may not like what I do, but you got a son in jail. You got a grandson who you know what I'm saying, who needs something different to listen to?
Speaker 2: I speak they language you did.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It's like when David tried to put that armor on, it didn't fit. He's like, this don't fit me. You know, give me a sling and some stones. I'm gonna get the jibt and that's me. I'm like, just give me the sling in the stone that that that the choir rod don't fit me.
Speaker 3: I like that, you know what I'm saying. So where you grew up at where you from originally so so.
Speaker 6: Originally I'm Houston, Texas, and then over the years, I moved to the West Coast.
Speaker 2: And now I'm in Atlanta. So you know, I got that little hybrid of South and.
Speaker 1: Okay, well you you pretty much stayed in I mean, you pretty much stayed in the Bible Belt because you know, the South, that's the Bible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, for sure. For show. When I left to the West Coast, that's when I was a little freer, you know. But I get it. I got a lot of homeboys who grew up.
Speaker 6: In church, and I'd be like in my mind, I'm like, you know, why do you what are you doing?
Speaker 2: Is you in or you out?
Speaker 6: Like when I'm smoking, I'm smoking. I'm not smoking and going to Sunday school like this. I just didn't understand it, Like it was a weird concept for me, you know what I'm saying, Like, Yeah, it's like, man, be finish on this church trip.
Speaker 2: I'm finna get with Serena. I'm like, why are you going to church trip to get with a girl? Why should you go to the club. I don't understand, Like foreign concept to me.
Speaker 3: Hey, now I'm gonna say I really, I really enjoyed that I was able to listen to the album earlier. Today, I enjoyed the new album Reconstruction. You know, life for the part to Holidays. How long how long normally does it take you to have a vision in what your treat when it comes to making an album, and how long does it actually take?
Speaker 6: Yeah, if I'm not inspired the music gonna be, it's not gonna it's not gonna hit a nerve, right, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: It's just I'm dolling it in.
Speaker 3: So it's gotta be inspiration and inspiration.
Speaker 6: See, I think y'all can probably relate to this, like it's the reason why people like y'all. So the reason why people connect with y'all because they feel like y'all connected to the culture.
Speaker 2: Y'all don't feel so high.
Speaker 6: And mighty, even though I know Shanna be on his private jets eating sandwiches, and you.
Speaker 2: Know what I'm saying, Like Delta, you don't feel what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I know you be on your private jet vibe. I'm more like, Oh Joe, they mad at me because I don't spend enough money. You know what I'm saying, That's that's my vibe.
Speaker 2: My boy was mad at me today.
Speaker 6: He said, come on, man, just just you know, spend another fifty six dollars in upgrade the vehicle. When you go to the rental car players say, I'm just going from A to B. It don't make a difference to me what I'm saying, right, But but uh, you know that I don't forgot what I was what you asked me again? Yeah, yeah, So what I was gonna say is when I'm connected to the people, I feel like I'm I can talk.
Speaker 3: About issues that are relevant.
Speaker 6: You know, if my pastor said something that was dope, he said, you know, I was going through the motions and just you know, he said, hey, man, you smell like cologne in green rooms. He said, you need to get some some some sheep stuff on your feet. Man, you don't you need to smell like it's like the sheep. And what he was saying was you need to be connected to the people who need help and who you know what I'm saying, You in the green rooms and you on the private jets and you ain't really connected to the people. So for me, it's like, man, I got to ride the public transportation on one day, you know, I need to go to McDonald's and just pull up and I'm gonna tapt everybody up, and I'm you know what I'm saying. And then I get in the studio and I'm writing for that kid who you know is twenty eight and he's still working at McDonald's and he trying to figure out what his life gonna look like. And you did what I'm saying. So then I get in the studio, then it get real for me. Then I start coming up with some good concepts and.
Speaker 2: That's how you get that album.
Speaker 6: So it took me a little over a year and a half because I had to live some life.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: I like that. I like that.
Speaker 1: I like that you realize, in any aspect, when you become outspoken, it potentially costs you opportunities. But you're spoken openly about your faith. Do you feel that's cost you some opportunities?
Speaker 3: It did early early on, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I mean, you know, I think people are more open to spirituality nowadays, Like even gen Z like they.
Speaker 2: Open to it. It's not like taboo like it used to be, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So early on it was like I couldn't get a sponsorship or you know, like, oh man, I got the number one album in the country. I beat Maroon five, you know what I'm saying. And I can't get a Verizon deal, Like come on Verizon, like holler at me, you know what I mean. But it's like, well, we don't want to offend nobody. And I'm like, bro, you gotta be rapped out in the middle. I'm like, Bro, you got rappers who who are literally junkies rapping about being junkies and you and you giving them deals.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I'm sitting here giving people hope and talking about relevant matters and you know me, ta, I kill him Like we got a song grieving the loved ones that we lost.
Speaker 2: I'm like, come on, man, what are we doing here?
Speaker 6: So so, yes, I caught flack for that early on, and then I just, you know, just hate because people.
Speaker 2: Was like gospel rap, Christian rap.
Speaker 3: I remember, I'll never forget Bro.
Speaker 6: I went my shout out to Bobby Jackson when he was coach of the Sacramento Kings.
Speaker 2: You know, he loved the Lord. He said, hey, man, why don't you come to a practice.
Speaker 6: I said, for sure, man, I'll be honest, you know. So I'm in the practice, you know, players shooting around. He pull all the players together. He like, hey, y'all, Uh, I had my little my boxes back when I had mixtapes when we listened to CDs.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, my box and mixtapes. And Bobby Jackson said, hey, y'all, y'all, gather around.
Speaker 2: Gather around, y'all.
Speaker 3: We got us a gospel rapper here today.
Speaker 2: And I was like, oh no, Bobby, you shouldn't have said that. You should have just said a rapper, rapper. You know what I'm saying. You should have Ah.
Speaker 6: You know, not that I don't love the Lord, but I just knew what they brain was gonna think when they heard that. So soon as he said that, you can just see everybody be like man. And so then I got my little mixtape. I'm not trying to pass out on mixtape.
Speaker 3: It's free.
Speaker 6: And then I heard and one of the players, man, I ain't gonna say his name, but you know, Boogie took my CD and said, I don't want no God rep.
Speaker 2: You did what I'm saying. And I was like, what you know?
Speaker 6: So you know it was it was It was wild man, that's that's the type of stuff I used to have to deal with. Now it's cool, but back in the day, man, it was rough. Who do you think judged you harder? Path to the rappers?
Speaker 3: Is that a question?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But who killed Jesus? The religious people what? Because they say, they say, you playing with the Lord man?
Speaker 6: The religious people were boy, boy, yeah, they.
Speaker 2: Will crucify you. Boy. You make a case. More people than die behind religion than any other.
Speaker 3: The funny thing about it. The most religious, the most religious that condemn everything else outside of what their beliefs may be. They do the first things behind closed doors.
Speaker 6: And that's you see. So that's why I tell people. You know, I got a song on the album called Erase Me. I don't push religion, I push relationship. You did what I'm saying, because let's just let's look at it like like my wife, for instance, if.
Speaker 2: I'm religion is rules and duty.
Speaker 6: If I come home at night and I knock on the bedroom door, I say, hey, baby, it's my duty to get you these flowers.
Speaker 2: So here you go. I'm sleeping on the couch.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying, Right, But if I come home and if it's about relationship.
Speaker 2: Then I say, you know, a girl, I was thinking about you all day.
Speaker 3: I love the.
Speaker 6: Relationship that we got, and I was just thinking about how awesome you are and how much I appreciate you. And I got you these flowers to show you my love for you. That's relationship, okay, And it's gonna be a good night. Yeah you say, I feel what you're putting down with me. I see what you put down. I hate you put down. I did, and so does she.
Speaker 2: Okay. And so here's the thing.
Speaker 6: All I'm saying is if you treating God like it's religion like duty, that ain't you. All you doing is following orders, And as soon as you feel like he ain't looking, you're gonna wild out. But if you got a good relationship with him, then you're gonna do stuff because you like man, I love you, Man, I just want to do what you want me to do. It ain't me following rules. So that's what I'm saying. I don't rock with the legalistic rule following religious folks. I'm with people who got such a good relationship with God, they don't want to do nothing stupid because it's like, man, I got a good relationship.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm on.
Speaker 1: How old were you when you when when the Lord spoke to you or you got that say you know what, this is my calling. I went to high school with a guy we call him preacher carry McNeill, and he's a pastor, and everybody knew as long as I can remember, he carried a Bible. I mean he had He probably was like eleven twelve years old, and he carried that Bible and we called him preacher.
Speaker 2: I don't think anybody called him his real name except the school teachers.
Speaker 1: Everybody called him preacher and short enough to this day he's a pastor.
Speaker 2: How old were you when you received the word when you received a call and said, you know what? This is what it's the paggion I'm about to be on.
Speaker 6: I think I was. I was nineteen twenty. I start getting real sick because you know, nineteen twenty I was like, all right, I met God.
Speaker 2: This is real. I want to change.
Speaker 6: But you know how it is when anybody, when they have an awakening, they be real passionate.
Speaker 3: It's like when your friend first become a vegan.
Speaker 2: He like, man, don't don't eat no meat. You don't need to eat meat. Meat is bad. You got a vegan spot over here.
Speaker 6: You know, you just on fire like it's an awakening. So I have my awakening. But then you know, real life hits you and you realize like, okay, wait a minute, this excitement is great, but I still got to live real life.
Speaker 3: And then you start having problems, and then the temptations come.
Speaker 6: Along, and then you know when you mess up, which I did because you know, the ladies was a struggle for me. You did what I'm saying. I'm twenty years old, so you did what I'm saying. So for me, I was like, well, I'm messed up so bad. I can't really go back out here. You hear what I'm saying, because I don't want to be no hypocrite. But the reality was, you know a lot of times that shame keeps us from growing. It's like a baby taking steps. Like when a baby fall you don't say you stupid baby, why you falling? You say, it's all right, get it up, keep walking. So that's what I needed to get up and keep walking in And so twenty about twenty three, I was real serious, but I wasn't like your man what's his name? That she was just talking about the preacher. Preacher man Kurt Frankly, No, you're man that you went to school with.
Speaker 2: Oh boy, carry yeah, carry carry, make me a preacher. I wasn't like him. You did what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: I was because I had models of dudes who was They still kept their sauce, but they love God. You see what I'm saying. If I'm being honest with you, I don't know your brother that well, but I feel like I was probably like your brother because when your brother got up to do his Hall of Fame speech, Man, that was that to me is the way you you.
Speaker 2: Walk your faith out. It ain't it what It didn't feel like. He was like, now, don't everybody open up to the Book of thirty two songs? You did, know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: He just was like being real is a real moment. He shared his love for his brother. He talked about what God did.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I was like, man, you got to love that, you got to respect that. Yeah, you wouldn't know that if you just met him. You wouldn't know that. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I don't remember when he actually became, but he was always you know, you know we were like, oh, you'll said we we we were actually junior DC. We had to lead devotional service. We had to leave prayer. So it wasn't just and you know, we couldn't get up there and say the Happy Easterday. We had to say this long, long speech that took at least a minute minute and a half, or we had to pray, or we had to do something. So our grandfather, you know, kept us very, very involved in the church. And but like you said, I kind of went away from that because it's like when you make somebody do something all the time. So we had to go to Bible study, we had to go to choir practice, we got to go to this and we at church, you know, every every single Sunday, and we at Bible study, and we at devotional and we add all this stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm like, man, as soon as I ain't got to go, I ain't going. He kept like when I went to college, I was like, well, I ain't got no church, even though there's a church right across the street from the school.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he like went to college and found the church and still.
Speaker 1: A whole and yeah, and when and Imber I remember, I remember.
Speaker 2: One year he got me.
Speaker 1: He got me a gift, had in a head in a nice little box and everything.
Speaker 2: I was like, oh, brother, to look it up. We both in the lead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he left it at my house and at at the house in Glibery, at my grandmother's house, and literally say my sister Libery called her Liby call a buck. She says, Spanky left your your birthday grift on on.
Speaker 2: In the room. I was like, Okay, it was a Bible, and.
Speaker 3: You thought it was gonna be You thought he was gonna put you with some ice.
Speaker 1: He's to this day, as a matter of fact, I still and then when I thought about it, was like man, Bible, Denver Broncos Shannah Sharp number eighty five, got all the stuff on it. I mean, it's like it's one of my It's one of my most prized possessions because I know he gave he gave it to me, the sincerity in which he gave it to me, that's what That's what meant. The most he could have bought me anything, could have bought me a car, could have brought me a chain, but it was this like this, and uh that that Bible means. That Bible means a lot to me. And he's still he still calls ay to the day, He'll call out of the blue, and I don't know how he knows. God is giving him a special ability because when I really need it, because he.
Speaker 2: Can, man, he can, he can, he can.
Speaker 1: He can get through to me when a lot of other people can't.
Speaker 2: And he just like, get me your Bible. Bruh.
Speaker 6: He gave you what was precious to him. You know what I'm saying. He gave you what's pressure to him. And now I have I have to just take a pause for a second because you said something and it hit me.
Speaker 2: You said you said.
Speaker 3: Buck and spanky, right, yeah, yeah, it hit me.
Speaker 2: Y'all country in a.
Speaker 1: Month, we grew. We definitely grew. I grew up in Rule, South Georgia. We had about we had thirty five hundred people. We had about three hundred people, three hundred and fifty people in my high school has I think fifty eight.
Speaker 2: Fifty nine people in my graduating class.
Speaker 1: So yeah, well you bout somebody somebody black walk around.
Speaker 2: You're still calling them buck in the nineteen hundreds.
Speaker 1: Bro, I mean, you get a nickname. If you're in the South, you got a nickname. Oh, that's your name. That's your name for life.
Speaker 2: Life. Even though you're bituary, they're gonna put your real name, but they're gonna put your nickname in parenthesis. What was your nickname? I didn't have.
Speaker 1: I mean I didn't really They called it dead Nah No, No, most of the time they called me they called me Shateaux. Why because I like to find the things. When I was growing up, I was my shirt. Yeah, I get all my money on the AzID shirt. I might have thirty dollars. My brother would go get like three shirts. I'm gonna get one shirt. So they started calling me Schateau. But uh, but you know what, it's funny that it's funny that you say that and your experience because everybody, how they they received God. When they received God, everybody goes through everybody goes through go through something, and with you not to have gone through anything traumatic, you said, hey, you just felt it was it was that time he had spoke to you earlier. You kind of like started to try, like you all gung ho like. Now put that aside, because I'm I'm back, I'm wilding out, So he ain't pleased with me right now.
Speaker 2: But guess what, you came right back. Yeah, it came back, had to.
Speaker 3: You know, I had my season, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Now, my childhood was crazy.
Speaker 6: You know, my Mama was great, but I just did a bunch of stupid stuff, you know, growing up, and so I had a lot of trauma I hadn't processed anyway. So for me, it was like trying to work through that and it was like some stuff it's like, yes, you need God, you need the Bible, you need prayer, but you also need therapy, my dog, you know what I'm saying, You need some extra help to process some of the stuff that I was going through. And the music was the therapy for me for a season, just like I had to get this stuff off my chest and just you know what I mean, let people, you know, let me. It helped heal. It was healing for me. So that's that's why, you know, But that was my outlet, you know what I'm saying. It was kind of like, uh, you know, I never I never had now the crazy part. And I'm six four, you know what I mean. My dad is six six', five my brothers six, seven and you know we didn't grow up my.
Speaker 2: Pops if we would have grew up my.
Speaker 6: POPS i feel like IF i would have had he was like a playground all. Star IF i would have had, HIM i felt like somebody would have pushed me towards my mama didn't know. Sports the coaches, like, well you should let me take.
Speaker 2: Him she's, like, NAH i don't like.
Speaker 6: THAT i feel, like you, KNOW i might have had a different, path a different. Life you may not have heard my. Music you may you know What i'm. Saying you may have seen.
Speaker 2: Me you, KNOW i didn't What god in, you bro. Exactly you didn't know What i'm saying.
Speaker 1: Exactly so he gonna put you on the road where you need to be when you need to be.
Speaker 3: There, yeah all right with. Me, Yeah i've been in the studio and you KNOW i. HAVE i have a background in gospel as.
Speaker 2: WELL i.
Speaker 3: WAS i sang in the junior. CHOIR i sing with the senior. Choir so if at any, point you know you want to work together and and, YEAH.
Speaker 5: I mean, yeah, Yeah i'm.
Speaker 3: Here let me tell YOU i know hip, hop and then we can we. Heard, yeah we can intertwine the two and we could do some we could Do god's.
Speaker 6: Work i'm A i'm gonna pray about that because you know What i'm, Saying let me pray about.
Speaker 2: That, please please pray for.
Speaker 3: It you never pray about.
Speaker 2: THAT i, COULD i.
Speaker 3: COULD i.
Speaker 6: Could now let's just start off on just you being like my financial. Advisor, okay you know What i'm. Saying that's gonna start. There, See that's that's WHY i love. You that's WHY i love you because it's about baby. Steps it's about baby before you.
Speaker 3: Walk SO i can help you in the area of being financially savvy and financially. Conscious, brother and we you on.
Speaker 6: Tour because Because god gave me the money to be a good store with, it you know What i'm.
Speaker 2: Saying and IF i, don't you.
Speaker 3: Gotta.
Speaker 6: You, see everybody need, coaches you know What i'm. Saying So i'm just like you could coach me on how to not spend the.
Speaker 2: Bag you know WHAT i.
Speaker 3: Mean, hey, Listen i'm gonna tell you one.
Speaker 2: Thing.
Speaker 3: YEP i got assistant Named, ruth And i'm gonna tell you the.
Speaker 2: Truth.
Speaker 3: Wenna we're gonna make. Magic we're gonna MAKE.
Speaker 6: I wish, you, MAN i wish you because, listen you know What i'm, saying Don't i'm, tight and Then i'll be you, know SOMETIMES i be hanging with rappers and rappers we want to spend, money And i'm, like, man, y'all really.
Speaker 2: Just be out. HERE i just feel LIKE i need to hold on the. Mind you feel?
Speaker 3: Me a matter of? Fact this this is all? Right let me get a little serious, Now i'm not even playing all, right my, finances my area, expertise uh. Huh i'm brilliant in that area when it comes to save and deals and stuff like. That but Then i'm gonna need you to talk to.
Speaker 2: Me, okay, okay come, on it's a.
Speaker 3: Marriage and your twenty not have my. Discipline you had you could boom coach your boy up in that. Area Because i'm trying To i'm trying to get to The Promised.
Speaker 2: Land, YEAH i THINK i can help, you. BRO i THINK i can help.
Speaker 6: You.
Speaker 3: Bro i'm not Even.
Speaker 1: Yeah your problem is you done been to The Promised land far too many.
Speaker 2: Times. Right get What i'm put down?
Speaker 6: Now you you you wandering in the desert right, now my, brother you got to get out the.
Speaker 3: Desert you see What i'm.
Speaker 6: Saying you gotta get out to you gotta quit striking the rock to get water out of. It you did What i'm, saying and just let The lord bring you the living.
Speaker 2: Water you dig What i'm.
Speaker 3: Saying, People he brought it to, me but this TIME i want to make Sure i'm drinking it the right.
Speaker 4: Way, OKAY i wish, you you know, what help me understand, this BECAUSE i think IT'S i think it's gonna it's extremely.
Speaker 2: Hard if you think that.
Speaker 1: If you've really never been monogamous in a, relationship you think the first time that you're gonna be monogamous is when you get. MARRIED i think that you set yourself up a. Failure, yeah, yeah go, ahead go. Ahead i'na let you take it awaycause you Know i'm gonna.
Speaker 3: Say you need some training.
Speaker 2: Wheels you need some training. Wheels, yeah, no real. TALK i know this from.
Speaker 1: Experience, yes BECAUSE i think people think that marriage, solves but it does.
Speaker 7: Not.
Speaker 6: No, no because if you look in to find wholeness in another, person you're gonna fail every.
Speaker 3: Time you know What i'm.
Speaker 6: Saying you people be, saying, OH i want somebody to complete. Me, well if you don't feel like you're a complete, person you don't.
Speaker 2: Need to be getting nobody. Else feel What i'm, saying you're half a person right. Now you need to. Chill you get yourself.
Speaker 1: Whole happiness is not something it's not something you. Find happiness is something you can. Create, yeah, MAN i think not someone. Else are found in someone.
Speaker 6: Else, yeah like like you, know, YEAH i got married young BECAUSE i. KNEW i was, LIKE i didn't have all the. ANSWERS i didn't know exactly EVERYTHING i. KNEW i wanted to Follow. GOD i want to do it the right. WAY i was, blessed you know What i'm. SAYING i was young AND i, made you, know a decision based off of WHAT i knew at the.
Speaker 3: TIME i was blessed to get somebody who's.
Speaker 6: Amazing BUT i will say from coming from being a young but.
Speaker 2: LISTEN i.
Speaker 6: WAS i Pledged Kappa ALPHA psi In Middle Tennessee State. University it Was it's a wild. SITUATION i can. Imagine, yeah it was a wild.
Speaker 2: Situation you did What i'm.
Speaker 6: Saying we going TO, tsu were going To, Fisk i'm going To, Texas i'm going To Prayer.
Speaker 2: VIEW i was, like it was kind of.
Speaker 6: Crazy so WHAT i WHAT i had to do WAS i had to develop some discipline as a single man BEFORE i could really jump.
Speaker 2: In, yeah you know What i'm, saying you got you gotta get, it you gotta get it under. Control yeah that's, right that's.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 6: Yeah SO i had to develop some discipline as a single man and, realize, HEY i can, SHIELD i can't let me just be you, know uh, abstained and learn to just.
Speaker 3: Let me walk With.
Speaker 6: God AND i felt, like you, KNOW i was running my, race and THEN i started running my.
Speaker 2: Race i'm running after The.
Speaker 6: Lord i'm just doing What i'm supposed to, do get my my life, together my finance.
Speaker 2: Together i'm. Focused i'm.
Speaker 3: Running and THEN i hear somebody running next to. ME i, say, oh, shoot she shined and she. Fast that's that's how it happened to, me that that just just like, that BECAUSE i was, running you hear, me and BEFORE i looked, UP i looked, up you, know somebody was running with. Me so WHAT i did right, away WHAT i did right away is that when it got, baptized because the last that's gonna started wearing off this, man.
Speaker 2: It was it was for.
Speaker 3: Me it was a it was a mental. Reset So i've been on point for you, know for some time since this person like Join. Massa So i'm, LIKE i want TO i want to go to The Promised land where you at? Though, okay, okay so boom that's my la.
Speaker 6: Therapy, now my man, said he started wearing, off like the water start drying.
Speaker 3: Up, yeah, YEAH i had to take another.
Speaker 2: Depth this man is. Wild well what do you what do you?
Speaker 1: Think thus? Far you're still, It you're still young? Man what do you what do you what do you think your greatest accomplishment?
Speaker 2: Is thus? Far is your?
Speaker 1: Faith your walk With? God studio, album the? Success what do you think your greatest accomplishment is its?
Speaker 6: Show ain't my walk With? God my walk With? God boy, Boy i'm gonna make it To heaven. Limping he even had to carry.
Speaker 2: Me you know What i'm. SAYING i always tell, people, LISTEN.
Speaker 6: I ain't A christian BECAUSE i got it all. Together i'm A christian Because i'm weak AND i need a. Savior boy, boy he didn't have to carry me in.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 1: Boy so those, footprints those, footprints those set of, footprints that's him carrying.
Speaker 2: You that's not you walking. Along facts big.
Speaker 6: Facts, YEAH i, mean you, know you get a renewed, mind you get a new, nature you, know. You you you start following in it as he leads in, guys but you know you're still human and you gotta wrestle through your. Humanity but for, me you, KNOW i didn't have all of the, things number one, albums, uh, success all the trappings of. SUCCESS i didn't had all them. Things AND i thought that was gonna make me feel. ACCOMPLISHED i thought that was gonna bring me a sense of. Satisfaction WHAT i realized is it's never. Enough you only climb a, mountain get to the top to, realize oh there's another, mountain you.
Speaker 2: Know What i'm.
Speaker 6: Saying it's, like oh, man it's just and then you get to the top of, one and now you fighting everybody else trying to get up there so you can keep your, spot like you know WHAT i. Mean and it's just kind of, like think about. It if you think about you get yourself A Super bowl ring as soon as the next season. Start what you're, doing you know What i'm, saying chasing another. One SO i feel like the greatest accomplishment for, me If i'm being, honest is being a present father in my kids' lives BECAUSE i never had.
Speaker 2: That.
Speaker 6: Right it's breaking a CYCLE i don't know my mama don't know her, dad or she knows her. Dad she didn't grow with her. DAD i don't know if he grew with his. Dad my dad didn't grow up with his. DAD i didn't grow up with my. Dad so for, me it's breaking that. Cycle and now our kids are being raised with their father present in their.
Speaker 2: Lives you know WHAT i. Mean Like i'm gonna be the first.
Speaker 6: Grandfather they that that's gonna. Exist LIKE i never knew a, grandfather like a biological. GRANDFATHER i never knew. That my mama ain't never knew a. Grandfather So i'm gonna be the first grandfather that any of my, generation any generation in our family has seen in.
Speaker 2: Generations it's.
Speaker 1: Crazy, Yeah, man, Look, craig thank you for stopping. By, man we really appreciate your. Time much continued. Success four Time Grammy award winning. Artists he's an, author he's an active, activist he's an. Actor his tenth studio Album, reconstruction with the album features from T, I, Killer, Mac John, bellen And Friday. Man continue, Success congratulations on your walk With.
Speaker 2: God we all can use that and trudg me trust me and, MAN.
Speaker 6: I know you, Know so, Listen, man before you, DIP i just gonna say. THAT i was gonna say. That, man, LISTEN i always tell people, THIS i said all, time And i'm telling y'all as. Well, man be, encouraged because if you woke up, today that Mean god ain't done right in your. Story so, man you, know keep, pressing, bro keep pressing like we ain't no like people throw people, Away god don't throw. Nobodyway that's why my album Called. Reconstruction you know What i'm, Saying god don't throw people. Away god figure out how to reconstruct them into something better than they.
Speaker 3: Was, So, MAN i just want to tell you, that, man be.
Speaker 6: Encouraged like you, know you you, Valuable you got worth, purpose and, man, listen you know we we we Gonna we're gonna continue rocking with, you supporting, you praying for, you And, man you, KNOW i love.
Speaker 2: Y'all, man appreciate. Y'all thank you for having me on the night cap you. Did thank, You. BROY i appreciate. That, man continue.
Speaker 1: Success yeah much love create chat. Man that was that was the unbelievable. Conversation Oh, Joe that's one of the best CONVERSATIONS i think we've. Had we've had a lot of people come on here and have a, conversation BUT i think that's one of our better. CONVERSATIONS i, KNOW i definitely needed to hear a lot of what he was.
Speaker 2: Saying, yeah, yeah all.
Speaker 1: Right on show the big news of the day when a video emerged this warning That Rajah jackson unleashed a violent attack On Seiko Stu Psycho, stu rendering him unconscious during a wrestling event In Los. ANGELES lapd confirmed TO tmz the officers were called to the wrestling Show saturday, night took a police, report and have launched an investigation into the. Incident the shocking moment unfolded at a Private Knocks Pro academy wrestling. Event rajah knocked Out Cycle stu then continued pumblingly pummeling him long after he was. Down rajah's, Dad Rampage, jackson put out a, STATEMENT i want to clear up misinformation about my Son. Raja i've been confirmed that the Wrestler Stuart smith Aka Cycho stu is awakened. Stable rajah was unexpectedly hit in the head of the head by. Him moments before The smith's, Match raja was told that he could get his payback in the. RING i thought it was a part of the. Show it was bad judgment and a work that went. Wrong rajah is an MM a, fighter not a pro, wrestler and he had no business being involved involved in an event like. THIS i don't can know my son's action at. All he suffered a concussion from sparring only days ago and had no business doing anything remotely close to physical. Contact as a, Father i'm deeply concerned with his health and his well being of Mister. Smith that being, Said i'm very upset that any any of this, happened but my main concern now that Mister smith will make a speedy. RECOVERY i apologize on behalf of the kick for this. Situation video later emerged of the incident that happened hours.
Speaker 2: Before just take a look at, THIS O, JOE i see that he's not a.
Speaker 5: YE i KNOW'D i.
Speaker 3: Was, Hey I'm i'm. Confused what what what did he do to his? Head did did he hit? Him did he smack?
Speaker 1: Him it's supposed to have been a, prompt SO i guess they were supposed to be, rehearsing, okay, okay and they were supposed to take this into the, me just like it's, scripted just like w, yeah, Yeah and SO i guess he suffered his Dad rampage said he suffered a concussion. EARLIER i guess as far in session BECAUSE i SAW i saw that video where he got kicked in the head and he kind of stumbled a little.
Speaker 2: Bit, OH i saw.
Speaker 3: That WHEN i saw, THAT i saw that on On. Twitter, okay.
Speaker 2: Okay and then you see a situation like, this.
Speaker 1: You gotta be, careful you, know been putting people in situations that they're not used to because so, out they'll tell, him so now you can get your opportunity to get. Back, well he thought he was getting back because he picked the guy up and he's you, know he powers slammed him and the first thing to hit was the psychos dude's.
Speaker 2: Head so once he slammed, him he's out.
Speaker 8: Right he's.
Speaker 3: Out and is that where he kept punching the?
Speaker 1: DUDE i saw, Him, Yes AND i guess they thought it was a part of the script because nobody in a, bean, right and then they, realized, like, nah this ain't a part of the.
Speaker 2: Script.
Speaker 3: Right that's. Tough that's.
Speaker 2: Tough it is it is when it comes to.
Speaker 3: Rastling obviously it wouldn't be anything. REAL i mean that that's. Unfortunate that's. Unfortunate, dude is okay now, though, right?
Speaker 1: Dude that that's what that's What rampay, says that he's. Awake But i'm just going by what What rampay. Said so his, FATHER i don't.
Speaker 3: Know that's that's, tough, man that's. Tough that's.
Speaker 8: Tough i'm not.
Speaker 3: SURE i, mean why he would go on with the fight if he felt, insulted you, Know, uh at the, beginning he. Didn't he didn't have to do.
Speaker 1: IT i think they told, Him Oh, joe you, know he went through with it because, Said, okay now you can get your.
Speaker 2: Payback so he was, saying but the thing is pay back to.
Speaker 3: Gain if it's not, real if it's not real and it's, scripted there's no payback to. Gain you you just should you should just called it off of.
Speaker 1: Anything BUT i don't think they thought it would get to, this you know What i'm. Saying it's, like you, know, uh he, snapped there's no, where there's there's nowhere around. It you hear stories of somebody blacking out and just like just going, crazy going. Haywired he. Snapped he, did because that's when you what uh uh and and law. Enforcements that's what they call overkill when, somebody when somebody gets stabbed one hundred, times yes a lot of, times the knife is still going into the same. Wound that's. Overkilled what he did was he. Snapped he just lost his ability to.
Speaker 2: Stop damn. Man that's.
Speaker 8: That's.
Speaker 1: Fun it's it's it's a it's a very tough situation for all parties. Involved hopefully Uh raja you, know gets the assistance that he. Needs hopefully uh, Uh Psycho, stu he makes a full and speeded. Recovery uh and. Uh but this is a very very very very unfortunate. Situation, Oh vikings trade Quarterback Sam howe to The eagles signed Quarterback Carson. Wentz, Oh, joe do you Like Carson wentz MENTORING. J. J.
Speaker 3: McCarthy, yeah, YEAH i Mean Carson wentz once who had, success a lot of success with The eagles Before Jaden hurts took. Over Carson wentz was extremely good and very promising before tearing HIS. A c if, you if, you if, you if you don't, remember so him mentoring MENTORING jj could be could be, good could be, good and it'd be a good backup as well FOR J. J. McCarthy SO i THINK i think that's pretty. Dope and that's it's also a player WHERE jj doesn't have to be looking over his shoulder as, well, RIGHT i think that also. Bothers i'm not SAYING jj is a, veteran but players like that.
Speaker 5: Quarterback you want a long.
Speaker 2: Leash you don't want a short.
Speaker 3: Way shortly, exactly throw an interception And.
Speaker 1: I'm coming to the sideline and coach shaking his head and you see the quarterback on the sideline warming, up warming.
Speaker 3: Up, yeah, yeah that's not it's a situation where he doesn't have to worry about. That what's gonna be cann can be kind of, tricky and since so that's SOMETHING jj doesn't have to worry. ABOUT i THINK. J. J McCarthy is going to be fine as long as as long as BROTHER J Justin jefferson is. Healthy Jordan madison has to have what two or three, games three, games he'll be. Fine Aaron, jones they Got hokins and they Got, hokinson SO jj gonna be. Alright he's gonna be all.
Speaker 1: RIGHT espn Analyst Sam ocho Criticized barris Quarterback Kayler williams for wearing his socks, halfway calling it sloppy and lack of. Leadership another thing is a little, thing but a big, thing even just some of the uniform.
Speaker 2: Stuff look at the socks halfway.
Speaker 8: Down that means. Nothing come, on come, on, baby come. ON i love.
Speaker 3: IT i love you to.
Speaker 8: Death it means, Nothing it.
Speaker 2: Doesn't it.
Speaker 3: Means. Nothing you, know wearing your socks, high wearing your socks low means. Nothing come, on we're doing too much, now just come, on come.
Speaker 1: ON i guess if it's an opportunity to, CRITICIZE i don't. Know LIKE i, SAID i Like Kayler. WILLIAMS i think he's gonna be. GOOD i like him in this. Offense you, know obviously he's gonna have to do a better job of getting the ball out of his, hand realizing that he can't make every. PLAY i love they surrounded him with. Talent you go out, there take a. RECEIVER i think of the second. Round they GOT Dj, moore they got A, dooms they took a court a tight end in the first, round pairing With Cole. Commit they've rebuilt the offensive. LINE i like what they've done In chicago to Help Caleb williams reach his. Potential now it's going to be incumbent on him to reach that potential because they've given him a, hedge which is the offensive line to protect, him and they've given him skill position players to make his. Job he don't have to lift as much as he normally he normally would have to.
Speaker 2: Lift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Absolutely BUT i agree with you, All. Joe i'm not getting caught up into something like. That it's not that big of a.
Speaker 8: Deal, npicking, like come, on come on.
Speaker 2: Now, yeah we talk about.
Speaker 1: Socks Lamar jackson needs five hundred rushing yard this season to Pass Cam newton for the most five hundred plus rushing yard seasons by quarterback IN nfl.
Speaker 2: History does he get? It? O?
Speaker 3: Ya, absolutely we talk about can't we? Up we talk about About Lamar. Jackson we talk about Young bull From, Pompado we talk about Young bull that wouldn't went To boyd And Beach High. School one of the better quarterbacks and not JUST, nfl THE Afc north as. Well he ain't gonna get.
Speaker 2: It.
Speaker 3: ABSOLUTELY i would love to see him repeat what he did last, year a forty one touchdown, season four thousand plus something. YARDS i don't even know how many rushing yards he had last, year but he had one hell of a. Season he had AN mvp. Season unfortunately he didn't get THE. Mvp But i'm sure he's probably gonna repeat what he did last.
Speaker 7: Year as much AS i Love Lamar, jackson as much AS i love The, ravens The bengals went in THE Afc north, THOUGH i JUST i just had to throw that in there.
Speaker 1: Too you know, what talk to, Me i'm not gonna be surprised That Lamar jackson rushed for ten thousand.
Speaker 3: Yards where's he at right?
Speaker 2: Now you think he's gonna get ten thousand he gonna.
Speaker 1: Have he gonna ended his career with forty fifty thou passing yards and ten he's gonna. Be he's gonna be Like, lebron Like lebron got, fit gonna have like forty plus thousand, points and then he's gonna have like you know this many, rebounds ten thousand, rebounds ten thousand. Six Lamar jackson's gonna have forty thousand and fifty thousand passing.
Speaker 2: Yards and ten thousand rush. Yards nothing that we ain't not gonna.
Speaker 3: SEE i don't think he'll get ten thousand plus passing. YARDS i think as he gets older three rush yards rush. YARDS i think as he gets older and the skill being able to run the ball, DETERIORATES i think he makes up for it in other, areas which is why he's gotten so well and so good and polished in the passing.
Speaker 2: Game how many? Yards how many roust Yards lamar? Got he probably over six? Thousand now he got sixty one hundred right? Now oh?
Speaker 5: Yo?
Speaker 3: Yeah but, no, yeah another another. Folk that's a whole that's a whole lot of rushing On.
Speaker 2: Oh, cho think about?
Speaker 1: It o, yo that man had eight hundred last year and like, Nothing, yeah, yeah, yeah that's THINK i mean He lamar came out in twenty twenty. Eighteen lamar came out in twenty, eighteen, right, yeah think about?
Speaker 5: That yeah eight years?
Speaker 2: Deep you? Right he getting ten. Bands this game has.
Speaker 3: Changed though game has, CHANGED i don't even see. IT i don't even see See. LAMAR i mean, honestly even with the rushing, YARDS i don't even see him as a runner. Quarterback he's a Throw he's a throw of the.
Speaker 5: Ball.
Speaker 3: First if you if you notice how his game has changed and evolved over.
Speaker 2: Time, yeah he's got.
Speaker 3: Better Lamar jackson is running the ball if he just has to and has no other goddamn.
Speaker 2: Choice, yeah we.
Speaker 1: Know, Uh, look in order for him to this offense to go and for him for them to, win he had to. Evolve he just couldn't be what he once. Was and he's gotten better and better every year throwing the. Football they've given him added. Weapons so, YEAH i. Don't, yeah he's gonna get better and. Better and ALL i say, is, look if he can get his arms to be eighty percent of his.
Speaker 2: Legs he'd be the best quarterback in the.
Speaker 3: League.
Speaker 2: Yeah for, now he damned there ninety percent. Arm damn there ninety percent of his.
Speaker 8: Legs, yeah that's what makes him so goddamn dangerous.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Oh joe Draft kings ranked EVERY afc AND nfc wide receiver duo heading into the upcoming.
Speaker 3: Season here they, go hold, on hold on asking me that Ask she might have seen it. Already there it is that, is hold, on here we. Go, okay you see who number one? Is a check? Chack do y'all see the number one is huh.
Speaker 2: The team that mister the playoffs last, year that ain't.
Speaker 3: Got nothing to do with what we're talking. ABOUT i just, said do you see who number one?
Speaker 2: Is, yeah we see.
Speaker 3: That, okay wait a, minute.
Speaker 5: How the?
Speaker 3: Hell? Okay?
Speaker 2: Oh oh, no?
Speaker 3: Oh this, order this, order this is this order is a no.
Speaker 2: Noe, okay tell what you got for?
Speaker 3: One where the hell is golfing of Mon Ross Saint? Brown that's THE Ac oh, oh that's THE. Nfc you mean.
Speaker 2: This is THE. Afc you're looking at THE. Afc my.
Speaker 3: BAD i thought it WAS i thought it was a Whole my. Bad i'm. Glad i'm glad you said something to.
Speaker 1: Say we ranked EVERY afc quarterback wide receiver. Duo you Told ash to send it to you on your, screen and you got.
Speaker 2: IT i.
Speaker 3: Know i'm looking at. It i'm looking at it, like, well wait a, Minute well, NO i Think Lamar, Lamar lamar And lamar and they should be. Two Lamar AND's they should be. Two lad mcconkeye And herbert should be. Three oh wait a, minute hell, no, MAN c The, STROUD. Cj stroud And Nico collins should be Before Pat mahomes And Rashid. Rice hey, boy this is good right, here this is.
Speaker 2: Good this is.
Speaker 3: Good so at Two i'm Putting lamar And Zave flowers and Then i'm Going nick O'Collins and c The. Shroud Then lad McConkie And Justin, herbert Because lad McConkie And Justin, Herbert ladarius, Mconkie, boy they be they be cutting up out.
Speaker 2: There uh look where they got your. Team look where they Got.
Speaker 3: Miami, yeah and they're only doing that because of. That they're only doing that because two and and and recapped down. Here they'll be back this. Year they'll be back this. Year, Hey Josh allen And Khalil. Shakour so after after After, herbert then Then i'm Going mahomes And Rashid rice and Then Josh allen secure and after, that the the order is pretty. Much you got some people that haven't even done anything. Yet, yeah you got some people that haven't done anything. Yet so.
Speaker 2: Yeah in THE.
Speaker 3: Nfc, okay we see where THE NFC a where THE nfc? At, okay here we, go here we, Go, OKAY A. J, brown that's, right.
Speaker 5: Whoa, whoa, whoa whoa.
Speaker 3: Whoa for, One i'm okay With Jayleen HURSTON A. J, Brown but with at at two at, Two i'm going, on are you?
Speaker 1: Sure you Sure Jayalen hurst AND A. J brown is better than. Golfing i'm In Ross Saint, brown are you?
Speaker 2: Sure?
Speaker 3: Well, hell if that's the, case Then Matt stafford belong in front of, everybody mass stop and poop in the, court belong in front.
Speaker 2: Everybody if that's, what are we sure it gets it? Arrested it?
Speaker 5: Does it.
Speaker 3: Does it's a good. One it's a good. One and then and when you think about, it you think About Jaylen, brown talk About Jayleen, brown you think About Jayleen hurst AND A. J. Brown they didn't put up argantious. Numbers, no and it put up gargantious. Numbers but if we if if, anything.
Speaker 2: Jay golf And Am Saint brown.
Speaker 3: Do and so they're pooking the core in in mass.
Speaker 1: Effort AND i, LIKE i, LIKE i Like Jaye, dames BUT i don't think him and McLaurin along in front Of golf and uh and Common.
Speaker 2: ROTH i can make a.
Speaker 1: CASE i can make a case that Almend rodd And god should be.
Speaker 3: One Mike, Evans Mike evans In Baker, mayfield they. Low being at six is way too. Low being in six is way too.
Speaker 2: Low, really.
Speaker 3: And obviously Justin jefferson And jayz. Didn't they didn't have opportunity to play together.
Speaker 2: Yet, right SO i understand them being that. Low who would you go?
Speaker 3: First who would who would you put? First honestly me me chat, chat tell me what y'all THINK i would.
Speaker 2: Put i'll put Golf, In Saint brown in.
Speaker 3: SECOND i would Put Matthew stafford And pooking the COOL.
Speaker 2: I would, PUT i would, PUT.
Speaker 3: I would, HAVE i would Have, DAK.
Speaker 2: I, MIGHT i might PUT i.
Speaker 1: Might i'm gonna Put Baker mayfield And Mike everans in my top.
Speaker 2: Five.
Speaker 3: Yeah, ABSOLUTELY i would Put dak IN cd third and then, Fourth i'd Have Baker mayfield And Mike evans THEN i. Go, yeah, absolutely or Before hurst and J. J i might put mcdames and McLaurin, first BECAUSE i mean after that after that's a toss.
Speaker 2: Up.
Speaker 8: Damn THAT'S i like.
Speaker 3: THIS i like, this but number, One i'm definitely going but uh absolutely absolutely hell pooping the cool went crazy last year, too so that's WHY i.
Speaker 1: Second, Oh, joe what would you change about this? List these are the fastest players based on end game. Speed you Got tier, one you got, time you Got, Rieke Daryl, Green Bullet Bob, Hayes Chris. Johnson then you Got, Bo Randy, Rashi Raheem, Moster DeShawn, Jackson Devin, Hester Joey. Galloway then you Got Willie, Gaul, Trendon, Holiday Cliff, Branch Mike, Vick Markeuith, goodwin god Good, Goodwin Dante, Hall Ron, Brown Ron brown can. Run people don't realize. That then you Got John, Ross Ike, Taylor Jacobe, Ford Jacoby ford could, Run Mike, Wallace Mike wallace could, Fly Champ, Bailey, Jamal charles pat P Julio. Jones then you Got Herschel, walker D R C, Xavi You're, Worthy Percy, Harved Adrian, Peterson, Barriss Odell.
Speaker 2: Lamar then you.
Speaker 1: Got Charles, Woodson Tyler, lockett Uh Cordier, Patterson Bill, Myle Jonathan, Taylor Jamison, Williams Fabian, Washington Rod, woodson.
Speaker 2: Missing anybody out? Yo? Uh they should have Had james yet on, Here.
Speaker 3: Jarius, Hayward babe did he? Say did he is he on?
Speaker 2: There? Nope?
Speaker 5: UH i.
Speaker 3: Forgot they Got Bethel, johnson who played with The, patriots AND i forgot who else he played. For he's another, BURNER a Mad carroll Remember Mark carroll Played, yeah m Hm Green, Bay Jesus, christ that boy could.
Speaker 2: Run yeah, Yeah.
Speaker 8: Lee i'm trying to, think who About? Burners, BURNERS.
Speaker 1: I can't lie that top, list that top, LIST i, Mean Bob hayes running gold, medal so it's called The it's hard to argue. Him Derril green never lost THE nfl fastest.
Speaker 2: Man we know what.
Speaker 1: Riek Chris johnson had the fastest forty times four to two four and we know.
Speaker 2: Prime, yeah but the time is. Time.
Speaker 3: Yeah the funny thing about it Is Randy moss ran four two two and people don't even realize that he ran four two when he was At Florida. State he left to go To. Marshall Randy moss ran four two at six. Four SO i really Think Randy moss should be in, that in that.
Speaker 2: Top, one top. One. YEAH i Think Ron brown Wasn't Ron, bright Didn't Ron? BROWN i Think Ron brown was on The olympic team in eighty.
Speaker 1: Four Didn't Ron? Brown want A? U we are he on The olympic team in eighty four With dada In Sam grandy, Uh Carl lewis.
Speaker 8: You know?
Speaker 3: What you, know what's the most impressive?
Speaker 2: Team did he, YEAH i thought. So Ron brown could.
Speaker 3: Fly everybody on this list is, impressive BUT i don't think people understand Watching moss. Highlights they don't do you no justice unless you were able to see that up closer than personal because he start, off he start off gliding and you don't really know him moving until you're trying to catch him or he gonna threw that hand up and he running by.
Speaker 1: You, BOY i, think but, SEE i Think helster was more shifted than. Fast oh, No henster was.
Speaker 3: Fast who, Now Devin, Hester university Of, Miami Devin. Helston, yeah oh for he was fast and shifted well now he.
Speaker 2: COULD i mean he wasn't faster Than willie gaul on.
Speaker 3: HOLIDAY i mean you got to understand once you get past full three and, UP i mean you fast as. Hell, yeah which is which which makes most of the people that's on this list that that that's special because not only can you go in a straight, line but you can also. Transition you had great ladder. Movement you were able to stop and restart and get right back right back up the top. Speed everybody can't do. That most people are just fast and the straight. Line everybody on this list can actually play. Football they're good At.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah think about how many track runners can just run in a straight. Line you put them on the football field and it won't be the.
Speaker 2: Same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well Neil my didn't didn't do too well at football because he couldn't remantles.
Speaker 2: On he learnt that thing.
Speaker 3: Back who was the track runner that played At, FLORIDA i mean that ran track At Florida university Of, florida but played football, Too Jeff. Demps Jeff. Demps Jeff. Demp, hey he was fast as, hell.
Speaker 1: Boy, yeah all them guys Look. Tennessee willigall From. Tennessee Standley morgan was At. Tennessee uh, uh who's the other? Receiver Anthony Miller. Tennessee, hey them guys could. Run the only way they really couldn't run At tennessee was a slim pickings. Hm but all the rest of them, guys they're kind of like The Ohio state. Guys you Know Ohio. State how they how those all those receivers can. Run that's How tennessee used to.
Speaker 2: Be, Okay.
Speaker 1: Sam, graddy anybody anybody we, missing no shoe anybody we leave.
Speaker 3: Out that's WHAT i WAS i was trying to think not. Really that's a that's a good guy damn list.
Speaker 1: Boy, yeah That's Bob hayes changed the. Game he made. Teams everybody that you had to do away with. It he Brought he brought his own coverage in because can you imagine trying to cover trying to the world's fastest.
Speaker 2: Man you try to play man the man on it.
Speaker 3: Ain't. Happening there was some speed on, there.
Speaker 1: Boy Warner brothers acquires the script for A Kobe bryant movie based on the nineteen ninety six. Draft the new film will focus On kobe's nineteen ninety six draft, day and it's intensively Titled with The Eighth. Pick the eighth pick in the draft was held by The nets coach but Recent message defector and coach Current arkansas Boss John.
Speaker 2: Calipari The New.
Speaker 1: Jersey New jersey was reportedly eager to Draft, bran only to pass under considerable external. Pressure Oh, yo are you excited about the first biop About Kobe Bean?
Speaker 3: Brad, yeah absolutely. ABSOLUTELY i think it's gonna Be it's gonna be dope to relive and retell the story of how it all. Started we know how it ended as far as when it comes to his. Career but let's talk about how it all.
Speaker 8: Started you, know.
Speaker 3: How The mamba mentality came. About ye in the, beginning the, BEGINNING i think THAT i think it's gonna be. Dope it's gonna be dope for me BECAUSE i don't know his whole. STORY i know the finished product THAT i got to see ON, espn you, KNOW i, GOT i got they got to see that that. Part you, KNOW i obviously had many conversations With kobe, before you, know before he. PASSED i had the opportunity to go sit the court side with my, son LITTLE. Cj WHEN cj was, UH i MEAN cj might have been maybe what nine ten years.
Speaker 2: Old i'm.
Speaker 3: Excited i'm excited for that because it's so many different layers To kobe's story THAT i don't know, about especially when it comes to the draft. Process during those. DAYS i, HELL i was still in high.
Speaker 8: School.
Speaker 2: Huh, YEAH i.
Speaker 1: STILL i still got the text before he. PASSED i TEXTED I dm Him december twenty, eight twenty. NINETEEN i still have, it still got, it. Dang, Yeah i'm definitely Going i'm definitely tuned into that. One definitely going to tune into that. One all, RIGHT o, shoe it's time our final segment of the. Evening it's time.
Speaker 8: FOR q AND a damn.
Speaker 3: MAN i REMEMBER.
Speaker 2: I just.
Speaker 3: POSTED i just posted a picture For kobe's. Birthday kobe AND i we sat down in news. Cafe well we sat there by two, hours, man mm, hmmm sat there by two hours and talked about.
Speaker 2: Life in.
Speaker 3: General at this, TIME i was WHEN i was just just, scruntled as they call, it WHEN i was With cincinnati and H i had, GOT i, GOT i had gotten in. Trouble. Man it was a great. Conversation it Was i'm not going to disclose it road to here, now but but it's it's one of those conversations like WHEN i sat With Denzel courtside that one.
Speaker 2: Time mm. Hmm it was on my.
Speaker 3: Head it was one of those.
Speaker 8: Conversations it was is? Dope it was.
Speaker 2: Dope it was more you'll never. Forget, yes it.
Speaker 3: Was more of a, lashing a lashing out for the acting out in the manner THAT i.
Speaker 2: Did mm.
Speaker 3: Hmm it ain't it ain't that that understanding that there's no WAY i was gonna win that battle against that power. Structure so why are you even?
Speaker 8: Trying in a sense, right.
Speaker 1: Krible ax Cop sanity Says. Unko, uh didn't you pay your money?
Speaker 2: Yet if? Not oh got a. Catch i'm gonna do What yannis. Do i'm gonna DO i put on.
Speaker 3: It what hit me in the back of the. Head, Hey i'm a. Block i'm gonna block. That i'm gonna block.
Speaker 2: That hey he ain't doing it with. Covey oh uh teacher the rail salute my.
Speaker 1: Brother Look, Gray, uh we're not connected by gang off eternity no, more But Holy trinity connection is worth it and forever Praise.
Speaker 2: God this, dude there's a, clown such a.
Speaker 1: PHONY i would rather take D mx over him IF i wanted to listen to rap music to get closer To.
Speaker 2: God uh, Huh, WELL i, mean what did you do to? You m? Man? People, man y'all need to y'all need to. Chill. Man you don't like the man, Music, okay that's, fine.
Speaker 1: But people like. HIM i like the conversation that we had and the man, said the man, said the man, said he, said he wasn't. PERFECT i THINK i think sometimes don't. Shoe when we were talking about religion and somebody's trying to walk With. God people automatically assume that the guy that that he or she are, perfect and that's not what that.
Speaker 2: Means he said that.
Speaker 3: Too he said he's walking With god because he's not perfect and he needs that. Savior.
Speaker 1: Uh colon fifty five, said why Would stefanski take your door? Out but felt? That BUT i guess he, SAID i feel the need to keep The shawn in his last, year and my trip.
Speaker 2: It, oh, no they need. To they definitely need.
Speaker 4: To, Uh.
Speaker 2: That's What that's what we were asking. Yesterday why would they take your door?
Speaker 1: Out considering if they're gonna keep four, quarterbacks your door is gonna be one of the four quarterbacks that they, keep Not Snoop.
Speaker 2: Huntly that's WHAT i.
Speaker 1: LOOK i don't got no problem you want to take him, Out BUT i think your duel would have been, better, sir being in that situation because there's a possibility that situation she could come up and he happens to be the quarterback of The Cleveland.
Speaker 2: Browns that's WHAT i.
Speaker 1: THINK i think that's what the consensus is, was is that a guy that you're gonna keep on the, roster put him in a situation that he might actually see come game. Time, Yeah, Look deshaun's gonna be on the. Team he has ninety two million dollars still guaranteed this year and next, year twenty, five twenty. Six SO i don't see a scenario where they're gonna cut him out. There probably keep him ON ir for the entirety of this.
Speaker 5: Year.
Speaker 2: Uh he, Tore he tore THE ki leads late last and then he ended up retelling. It so he's not playing this.
Speaker 1: Season King graf, said if you're both in your, prime Could chad beat you in a one on one tight end versus. Receiver, LOOK i came back. FEDAL i could never back. Pedal that's why he played. WELL i was played safety in high, school BUT i was mainly a lineback on a wide.
Speaker 3: Receiver, WELL i, COULD i would have locked your ass. UP i could back put. IT i would have locked you. Up i'm telling you right, now you wouldn't have caught one. Ball we talked about ten. Reps And i'll let you Have John. Alway i'll let you Have John airway AND i. Play matter of, FACT i ain't gonna. Play I'm i'm gonna play. Man i'm playing your. Face i'm playing your, face And i'm gonna put my hold. On listen to, Me i'm gonna put my palm right between the eight and the, fold AND i guarantee you won't get off the ball telling Me i'm too. LIGHT i ain't too. Light that's the same. Thing Ray lewis, said you saw what happened to?
Speaker 2: Him? YEAH i. Did Captain kirk, said WHAT'S? Upo who's? Better? Uh who's the better one on one rivaly in THE nfl Than Ray lewis And Eddie? George that's a good. ONE i.
Speaker 3: WOULDN'T i wouldn't consider them a. Rivalry they did play against each, other they got some good hits on each.
Speaker 2: OTHER i.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't they're much much better rivalries than The Tennessee.
Speaker 2: TITANS i think they said one on One eddie And Ray so is?
Speaker 1: It Darrell rives And, Oho Darell rivers And Randy Darel revers.
Speaker 2: And T o is?
Speaker 3: It uh?
Speaker 2: Time and And Mike. Irvin you, see when.
Speaker 3: We talk about, rivalries is players that have that that continuously play against each other over. Hell you, know you want to know to, me the greatest rivalry of. ALL i, mean there's some good, ones but for, Me Mike, Evans, yeah. Marsh now that's a. Rivalry, Yeah now that's a rivalry that we were excited to and couldn't wait because they were division, opponents, yep and we knew they were gonna face each other twice a year and they literally did not like each.
Speaker 2: Other, right that's a.
Speaker 3: RIVALRY i MEAN i GOT i got played Against reavers, twice you, know two weeks back to. Back that's. It never never never saw him. Again and that's that's really not a.
Speaker 2: RIVALRY dj Underscored.
Speaker 1: DAILY i know it sounds morbid than, sad but The cowboys will start winning again After Jerry jones passes on to the other. Side, WELL i hope that ain't no time, soon. Am doctor frank Al bellaman, Said, hey, FAM i made it, back O. Jo did you get a chance to attend any SOCCER i didn't get a chance to attend any soccer. Games was busy going back and forth to. Concert love y'all, Guys glad you made it back. Safely Doctor frankie appreciate that we always know. You you probably chimed in all the way. Overseas, jordan be high.
Speaker 2: Ass under no.
Speaker 1: Cho tomorrow's my twenty fourth. Birthday just want to see IF i can get a shout. Out, Yes, jordan happy early twenty fourth. Birthday hopefully you got something, special plan and enjoy. It make sure you enjoy it because you're never gonna be twenty four, Again so enjoy that very very special day and many many more to. Come thank you guys for joining.
Speaker 2: Us y'all know.
Speaker 1: Me i'm your favorite unp Shining, shark my partner and co hosts down at the. Bottom That's Liberty city's. Own That's Bengal ring Of, Fame Honoree madding's ratings, Adjuster Pro, bowler be All. Pro That's Chad O Jo Sinko. Johnson please make sure y'all hit that subscribe. Button please make sure you hit the like, button and do us all a. Favor go subscribe to The nightcap podcast feed wherever you get your podcast. From we would like to thank each and every one of you that tuned in tonight and all the other nights that you've tuned in to Make nightcap what it's. Become we cannot thank you, enough so we wanted to take this time right now to say thank.
Speaker 2: You you know what football season. Coming this is the place that you come. To you don't want to.
Speaker 1: Men we expecting a very very exciting, season and you know we're gonna have you, know we're gonna keep it a stack with. You that's What ojo AND i do At Uncle Ojo. Nightcap, guys make sure you go check Out shave By. Laportier we have it in stop. Now if you cannot find it any city or state near, you order it online and we'll ship it directly to your. Door the best tasting Premium Vsop kangyak on the. Market, hey don't take my word for, it try it for. Yourself we're gonna be out on the. Market we're gonna be out in the market very very. SOON i think we going To. BALTIMORE i think were going To. Delaware we're gonna be back In. ATLANTA i think we're coming To houston some point on time. Soon but we got something, special not just bottle, signings but we got something really really. Special just head over to the portierkangnac dot com to grab that very very special bottle of my brother for his induction into The Pro Football hall Of. Fame hopefully you can see that on your. Screen make sure you grab that before they're, gone because once they're, gone they are. Gone please go follow my media company page on all of his, Platforms Shayshape media and my clothing company eighty. Four that link is pinned into the chat and we want to thank Lu craig for joining. Us Grammy award Winning christian. Rapper so thank you guys for joining us. Tonight we'll see you back tomorrow. Night thanks again for joining. Us i'm, unk HE'S O.
Speaker 2: Joe we're. Out