Speaker 1: You make me sick, you make me strong, You make me love, You make me love, you frow.
Speaker 2: You, you make me, You make me dine, You make me laugh, You make me You make me blu.
Speaker 1: Good morning, sweet world, and welcome to the Nodunks podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Monday, November twenty seventh, twenty twenty three. I'm jay E Skeets here in the Classic Factory and alongside me, as always tas.
Speaker 3: Millis podcast listeners says.
Speaker 1: Is for you and over yonder the man making the magic happen. Super producer JD. Hello, there he is and here we are. What an ex cold open to start the week had me giggling away there got funnier and funnier as it went on.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the stream team joining us live right now on YouTube. Smash that like button and subscribe. Just tassing. I here today at the desk talking about the NBA Weekend TK. He is in Disney World. It is the world here in Orlando, right. The Land is in l A. I always mix that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been there multiple times in it. I also mixed that up. Yeah, you've been to the world to the Land is never never to the land. Okay, I hope to go there and Pebble Beach one day. That's what I think of when I think of Disneyland. I'd rather be a pebble beach.
Speaker 1: Very random.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'd rather see the tree Josh nature beautiful.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, sex a lot of things in La California. But yes, TK gone all weekend with his family, Gonna have a blast there. Hey, maybe you can uh fit in some time to check out the Orlando Magic hot We'll get to them. We'll get to them before we get to our winners and losers of the weekend. This is your final day to take advantage of the big sales. I'm talking big sales going on over at Breaking Tea dot Com, No Dunks dot Com, All Hoodies sight wide or twenty percent off, and a bunch of No Dunks merch there has been discounted as well. It's Cyber Monday.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you ready spend some money.
Speaker 1: That's all I've done all weekend ever since Friday. I just spend, spend, spend. But anyway, there are some good deals there. I know we're half mocking it, but hey, a discount of shirt's a discounted shirt, A hoodie like this, which is a classic factory hoodie. Go take advantage of that. Yeah, hit that link in the show notes. All you podcast listeners, all you YouTubers. Okay, we have some wedgies to tell you about. They both involved the bulls one way back on Wednesday night because we didn't have a show there for a couple of days. At the end of the week, Josh Giddy who had a well, he had an interesting weekend, didn't he, But he had a weggie. And then we had Javon Carter with a wedgie as well.
Speaker 3: So our first weekend with two weggies.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Again, this was a very long It was a long weekend.
Speaker 3: It wasn't much of a weekend. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Those were Wednesday and Friday nights, and we're up to six.
Speaker 3: It's up to six paces thirty four. I think players are just too good these days.
Speaker 1: Oh that's what's happened, is it? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think so, because this would be the lowest rate in the modern era. Yeah, well, the modern era is totally subjective. We don't really know we tracked it, since we tracked it a decade ago. It would be by far the lowest rate. I think players are used to shooting shots. But at the same time, we could get a hot week.
Speaker 1: Well we had a lot. Yeah, that's right. They come in bunches, so we could definitely have three or four and you know over a two night span. And you know, we had the new ball last year. That was our working theory, right, A stickier ball was resulting in more wedgies. Yeah, maybe they have gotten a little more accustomed to the ball. I don't know. We're just throwing it out there. Let's just pray for more wedgies. Okay, but we're up to six. Okay, let's get into weekend winners play along. If you're joining us live on YouTube, let's hear your winners task. Get to start where you going.
Speaker 3: We had a lot of great shots this weekend. We're going to get to a lot of them. The Magic are great, as you said, the Wolves are great. We'll get to so many. But let's start with the hot Phoenix Suns because it was just about one shot for me watching them in Madison Square Garden with the big one because they haven't played with their big three once this year and Durant was out again for the second straight game, so it was all about Devin Booker The Knicks played him pretty tough throughout the entire game, throwing guys at him. But when it was tied time ticking down, Devin Booker had the ball and he was way beyond three point line. He gave it up to Jordan Goodwin, and it looked like for the Suns, who could get a two shot and win the game. They could fly into the lane, but Jordan Goodwin, also beyond the three point line, threw it back to Devin Booker, and Devin Booker used Goodwin as a screen a little bit went up to the three point line and hit a shot where he was fading to his right, a very tough shot he had random he had Barrett sort of in his face, and as he was fading away from the arc, he banged home that three to hit the game winner. And I said, they have won seven games in a row, and without their big three playing together, Booker could just be incredible and he could be their best point guard as he was in this game. Had eleven assists in this game, and no Bradley Beal, who's going to be the shooting guard. I suppose when he comes back and plays with Booker. They got to figure that thing out because here we are, it's not quite quarter of a season yet, but we're getting close to that. And the Suns just relying on a bunch of deep guys with Devin Booker and Eric Gordon, who had twenty five in this game. I wonder with Kevin Durant, the whole Kevin Durant thing. He did practice pretty hard before this game. He warmed up on that foot that is hurt. Unlike Bradley Beal, who's going to be out weeks, you expect Kevin Durant to come back. But again, they're gonna be at the quarter mark, getting close to Christmas and having not played a game, but they looked so fricking good. They go into Madison Square Garden with Booker doing this thing kind of look like playoff Booker again, and they win the road record of seven to two, which I'm shocked by. That's yeah, damn damn good. But I'm starting to see playoff Suns, you know, without having played altogether. But they do have enough depth around these guys, and that's why I bring it up. And they could board against these Knicks, who are so freaking good on that end. They can play big enough.
Speaker 1: Booker shot absolutely deserving of the Father Stretched My Hands Part one treatment. You know the Kanye song where builds and builds and builds.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, yes, yes, felt.
Speaker 1: Like it because you're right, he has it. They did do a great job of like taking the ball out of his hands throughout the entire game. But he's okay with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, point book.
Speaker 1: I think he's averaging like nine as sis per game.
Speaker 3: He's like one of the leaders in the league.
Speaker 1: But yeah, then got it back a little too easily. But man, when you hit a shot like that, like you can't play it much better. The guy's fading in front of the opponent's bench there, you know, Randall's there, our J's there, Like the hand is up and he just rises up and yeah, fades away, hits it. Almost no reaction from him at all. What he does against the Knicks, he like scores like thirty points per game against him. I know there was a screen grab going around of like, you know, it's Wilt and it's Jordan and Durant and like Kobe and Booker, guys that have scored over thirty points per game against the Knicks, like average, but an incredible shot and close to falling and tying the game Brunson with like two seconds to go. He's sort of like it was a weird shot where he sort of spun and just threw it up and that thing almost dropped. But yeah, what a run here from from Booker obviously from the Suns without having their big three, and you slipped it in there. Your guy that you love Eric Gordon. I mean you loved him way back in the Clippers days twenty five points. He's had a couple of these games where he's obviously just hitting threes and contributing enough offensively for them. He was great in Listen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and on our Thanksgiving show it called him the Cranberry Sauce because he's all reliable. You have Cranberry sauce on every table. You may not love it, you may not love Eric Gordon, but he knows how to hit shots, talking about players that don't have wedgies. Over the years, like he has learned. We've gone through the numbers. He's just grown into a three point shooter over and over and over again. He's incredible here subbing in. He was six of nine from three point land in this game. I think the thing that the Knicks could have done is gotten the ball out of Booker's hands like he was well beyond three point line. But I guess they were scared, as I brought up of anybody getting in two point lane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a high gee. Yeah, So it wasn't like they were just trying to take away three. Yeah, otherwise he maybe play it differently. I mean, look, they got it out of his hands and then he was like, Okay, I'm just gonna.
Speaker 3: Go get it right back. You just went and got it right back. Yeah. Yeah. And you brought up teams that are doing so well. Durant hasn't lost in New York in over a decade, which is a weird set. How many teams he's played for. Good teams, but different teams. Okay, see and Golden State and he played for one. So yeah, the Sounds has just got it together. They do have a good and the fact that the Knicks they play real slow, that's what they do, but they play it real big. They're a great defensive rebounding team, and they're a great offensive rebounding team. And that's where I wonder with the Suns and their starter of Nurkic and who their backup is with Drew Eubanks, like, do they have enough size in this one? That impressed me that they were able to board with the Knicks and Durant is a four who wants to play real, real big in the playoffs. So I'm thinking of this team in the postseason. We'll talk about great teams here, but at this postseason collection of guys, if they get some reps together, they need to play together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's gonna be Like. On one hand, you're like, oh my god, they're eleven and six, they're near the top of the Western Conference standings despite their big three not playing all at the same time, that's good. The flip side of that is, they got to get some reps together. They have to play together at some point, right, at some point in this season. And when they all three do play, will there be growing paints in terms of like, yeah, you know, obviously Booker is their point guard, but let's just get into the flow of things getting their shots, and it sort of trickles down to all the other guys too that are contributing. You know, their minutes are reduced, their roles are probably reduced, and you got to figure that out. But I guess, look, I think most Suns fans, if you had said that big three you got during the summer, they haven't played at all, and you're gonna be an eleven and six, like, you know, winning seven in a row. I think you're gonna be okay with that, right, You're gonna be happy with that.
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I just had some flashbacks to the Nets big three. They look great when they had n't played together, right, But then Kyrie gets hurt and Harden gets hurt, and Durant's toes are too big against the Milwaukee boxes. He hits a shot that could have been a three pointer, but it was a two pointer because his shoes are large, because they're so skinny, he goes large. Anyway. Will Bradley bealill be able to able to stay healthy in the post? That's the question, because he hasn't been. No, and that was that was some sort of a big story coming into this season. Oh, Bradley Beal hasn't played the last two years, which I thought I shot down. I thought, Okay, he has taken some games off because the Washington Wizards aren't an incredible team. But the back is a back.
Speaker 1: The back is the back. Ye, that's not why to go back. That's right, Okay, let's keep it going here. I want to give the Houston Rockets a winner of the weekend. They only played one game over the weekend. You know, we're not really counting here Wednesday and Thursday and all that, but they played on Friday night, got a big win thanks to Jalen Green twenty five points, Alprin Shenggun Awesome twenty one and fourteen. This guy is on a run, and they helped lead Houston to the one, five eighty six win over the Denver Nuggets. This was an nd season tournament game. Udoka said. The game plan was to try and make Jokic beat them. Guard everybody else, right, Just don't send double and triple teams at Jokic, play them one on one as much as you can with your with your schng Gun and whoever got matched up on them, and keep everybody else in check. And it did work. I mean, Yokich on a monster line, but no one else really, you know, popped off for the Nuggets. Houston improved to two and one in the tournament. Denver eliminated from even advancing to the quarterfinals, and so the Rockets now play in Dallas on Tuesday night. And here's why they really get bumped up to a winner to me, not just because of the victory, really nice victory. You know they're stringing together wins here. But over the weekend, Luka Doncic banged his left hand in like the opening minute against the Clippers, like on a steal. I think he banged it off Harden's knee or something. He's grabbing at it right away. He kept playing in the game, but he underwent X rays at halftime. They were negative. But I don't know. I don't know if he's gonna play in this Tuesday night game, like his hand was heavily bandaged. They're gonna like do it again, take another look at it, and you know they're not playing to advance either in the ist. So my point is the Rockets are set up pretty nicely here. They're on the road where they stink. They're in Dallas, like I said, But if there's no Luca and they win that game Houston, does they advance and move on from the being the winners of their group play. If they lose, the Pelicans advance. So it's a huge game and they're helped out here because like you'll wait and see if Luca plays on Tuesday night. But Mike cut would say he wouldn't fair right. I mean again, they're not playing to move on the Mavericks because they started so slowly in group play. And you know, it's your superstar player and it's a it's a badly hurt hand. You're gonna give him a little bit of time to rest here. So it could be a very very good you know, it was a winner of the weekend of the Rockets, but that could continue this week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that Dallas Clippers matchup was fun to watch because Luka Doncrich was doing his thing and fighting through the injury. But also he had that one run down the lane where he was trying to guard Russell Westbrook and Westbrook went right through him. And then Westbrook had an and one and basically said, go at him. You could you could, you could read the mouth, go at him, go at him because he loves that. That what they've had there with with the Clippers and the Mavericks and the Rockets and the Mavericks he has a relationship with Luca. He likes to go at him. So that was super fun to watch. And let's give these Rockets some respect because they are a winless team on the road. Yeah, they have not won a game. They had that win streak, you know, at the beginning of the season, six in a row. They're eight to one if I'm not mistake, and yeah at home and one five on the road. But that one to five on the road that they went on after that six game win streak to a few of those games, it was a tough loss to the Clippers, a tough loss to the Lakers, and a tough loss to the Warriors six point loss, one point loss, and a five point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're in them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're in them all the way down to the stretch. So you should consider this game up against the Mavericks for them to be the favorite. I know the MAVs are playing fairly well and they play extremely fast, but they don't play defense. I'm buying the Rockets. I'm buying the Rockets. Here. You broke it down on your Saturday pod with this D season tournament and how it's all going to shape or shick down in terms of the you know, the head to head and all that. I like the Rockets. I do believe in them.
Speaker 1: I like their chances a lot more now if if Lucas banged up or doesn't even play, and I guess we'll wait to see either today or maybe tomorrow what the status is with him. All right, let's get to the Orlando Magic. Yes, I know you got them on your list. They're just as hot as the Phoenix Suns. Seven in a row for them too.
Speaker 3: Trey better get to a game because at home, this team is it's tough to beat. This team just brings it with their deep, deep, deep team. And you may not go there and think, oh, this team is good offense, because they're bad offensively at times, but they are such a good defensive team. They're so hard to play against. A couple games this weekend, Game one against the Celtics, they made it through and they had some wicked plays as I brought up earlier Franz Wagner to Cole Anthony and for an alley Cole Anthony got up with a great throwdown. And then in the third quarter, Jalen Suggs hit a couple threes as Orlando pulled away and he waved goodbye to the Celtics. With one minute left, he hit a three and there's a lot of Celtics fans in Orlando, Yes, and so travel Yeah. He turned around to the audience. He gave a bye bye, which was he only had ten points but a thirty nine twenty two fourth quarter for the Orlando Magic. And I like that he only had ten points and only played twenty eight minutes in this game, because I like how they get deep. Cole Anthony is great playing Anthony Blacks minutes. Anthony Black is starting, mikel Foltz is out, so they had Cole Anthony playing as on the minutes. Moo Wagner came off the bench and score twenty seven. What a huge game. So there's that game and then game two Sunday they're playing Charlotte. Another great play this is Cole Anthony pick and roll with Franz Wagner. It looks like he's going to Franz Vagner, but he throws it into the corner and that's where Jalen Sucks catches it and his toes are almost on the baseline as he jumps and catches it, and it looks like if his heels go down, he's out of bounds, but he stays on his toes. He jumps straight up and hits a three. A ridiculous shot that was a lot of fun to watch. And then just overall again Cole Anthony. Although he's coming off the bench for Anthony Black, Anthony Black only played twenty minutes in those two games. Cole Anthony at thirty points, he was Montros. Franz Wagner. I think he's starting to feel it a little bit. Although he's had a good season, he started, he started slow. He's getting a little bit better. This team has won seven games in a row. They beat Charlotte, they beat Boston, and overall they yeah, as I said, Boston, Denver, Milwaukee, They've beaten so some good, good wins and you know, just just to throw it in there. Throw it in the timber Wolves as well. They are two teams that wouldn't have been expected to be up in the standings this early. I know we talked about on our Wednesday Thanksgiving show, but to be this good this early is a little surprising.
Speaker 1: Do you think Cole Anthony is the early, very early leader for a sixth Man of the Year. He's got to be on the short list. Here be on the list, And you're right, he gets a lot of minutes. It's like almost sort of the jenoble situation there where he still comes off the bench but plays a lot, but he really is contributing. That was a monster game, yeah, that second one, and he's picking his spots, like even in that Celtics wins and the Wagner brothers. Somebody fact checked me, Like, when's the last time two brothers on the same team had like back to back games where one went for twenty five and then the other guy went for twenty five. Can you imagine that's happened a ton in NBA history, right, brothers like brothers on the same team, back to bad games one twenty five plus the other twenty five plus.
Speaker 3: The Lopezes didn't do it playing milwaukee'sos didn't do it.
Speaker 1: The Holidays maybe.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe, but probably not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then I'm sure there's some other brothers I'm forgetting forgotten brothers out there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, back to the fifties, sixties, what was your they play together.
Speaker 1: The Twins, Yeah, the Van Arsdales must have done it, Dick and Tom, Yeah, for sure they did it. So yeah magic love that love a little love there for the Wolves as well. Yeah, these teams just continuing to get it done and uh and pulled together these winning streaks. I'm gonna give some love to the Milwaukee Bucks. They played some crappy teams over the weekend, interesting, but they got the w's. I have to give them a Winter of the weekend because they came back from a twenty six point deficit against the Blazers on Sunday. Yeah, Giannis hit a sort of a tie breaking tip in. It was a weird thing like Bobby Porter sort of air ball, the little hook shot when the ball sort of just ricocheted to them. But y, you know, Johnny on the spot there about nineteen seconds ago, Jiannis tips it in and that helps Milwaukee overcome again a twenty six point deficit to beat the Blazers one eight, one oh two. So they're down eighty one fifty five in the third quarter. You can never turn these games off. You just can't anymore. You can't say, oh, it's over twenty five point league, good night. No, don't do it everyone. So that is the biggest deficit overcome by any team this season. It's the bucks largest come from behind victory since twenty twelve, so way back in the day. And yeah, you know, they played in another gross game before that against the Wizards. I mean, it's these were these games were way too close for comfort for the Bucks, but they they picked them up both victories here. And I will say, just to the Sunday game, really weird to see Dame time versus his old team. Yeah, it was just it is just weird. It was jarring. He hit a big step back three in the final couple of minutes to tie things up. Then he stepped in and took a charge from Jeremy g who was a little out of control, and he picked up an assist to Beasley who splashed a three. Birthday boy, Beasley, they kept saying on the broadcast, and that gave Milwaukee a lead. And then Dame like, I stood at the free throw line because he's basically a guaranteed free throw like the guys like over his entire career best I bet he shoots like ninety five percent of the line in the fourth quarter, it feels like he never misses one. So yeah, just weird to see it against his old team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he did comment after the game that was strange playing playing my old team and handshaking with people I knew. But it also it was at home, so it wasn't as weird as if he was going in tow Orland, which happens as they look at the schedule. January thirty first is the only time that they go there. I do want to comment just on the Bucks. They got a huge game from Brook Lopez in that first game against the Wizards, looking great. Brook doesn't get enough for respect in this like, But Chris Middleton was out after the tendon nitis in his left achilles. Yeah, and so he's been out a couple of games. He had knee surgery in the offseason. He just had a lot of injuries. I just I just hope he gets back because he hasn't even played a lot. In each game that he's played this season, they're playing him light minus restriction, so they rely on other guys. It is. It's a weird scenario there with the Bucks in that they come back, like you just said, when they want to. They kind of look like a championship team when they've got the experience, they're like, Okay, let's get this together. But they haven't done it with Damian Lillard.
Speaker 1: So can they win a championship without Middleton? Yeah, that's fair, real question. Yeah, I don't think so, and yeah, what you have seen from him when he was playing in limited minutes, you know, didn't inspire you all that much. You know, it's not like he was filling it up. He looks older, he looks like a guy coming off of injury. And yeah, now it's sort of he's back on the shelf there. So something to watch for sure, I will say. In that Sunday game too against Portland, Portland appeared of have a chance to tie it up. I believe it was Brogden that drove at Giannis. He blocked it, but he was called for the foul and Griffin challenged it for the Bucks and it was the right challenge. You know, back in secaucas they overturned it. They never show us Secaccas anymore. You never noticed that rarely. Well, we used to always go to that camera in the headquarters and then everybody looking at monitors. We used to see that.
Speaker 3: All the time.
Speaker 1: I feel like they don't show us anymore a bit.
Speaker 3: I saw this sometimes they didn't on this one.
Speaker 1: But anyway, it was I think the right overturned call. There was very minimal contact. I mean, I think they got that one right, but it led to a jump ball situation because no one had possession of the ball, like when when they obviously then overturned it, so as brook Lopez and DeAndre Ayton, And it was one of these really gross jump balls where it like it went up the guy sort of fought for it, but then it just sort of fell and so then like Brooks sort of like smacked it back and luckily it went to Damian Lillard and he got it, like I said, got fouled. Hit the free throws. But you know, I keep saying, those these these late game jump ball situations. These officials got to be better. It wasn't a great throw. We need a robotic We need a we need a room but to throw it up or something or drop we need something, something a little more high tech.
Speaker 3: I hope you can buy one for cyber Monday, right, give me old. The referee should be buying rumbas.
Speaker 1: Right and then sort of like digging them up somehow to shoot the shoot the ball up.
Speaker 3: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: I think it just look cool. Wouldn't it be cool? Like everyone's like, all right, here comes the roomba. Put the ball on it, Yeah, all right, fires it up of perfectly straight.
Speaker 3: It would look awesome. Yeah, because I was just thinking of Secaucus and whether or not they were going to those shots right now. And even if they totally faked it, they just threw it on they threw an old one in there. I would be swayed that it was done right there because they could photoshop current shots on the screens of what the referees were looking at, like tonight. But because I'm swayed every time I believe that.
Speaker 1: That's like, that's like the scene in the movie Speed a Bus. Yeah, and they like, uh, they like fake loop it, don't they like the camera footage?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what they could do. Yeah, you're go ahead.
Speaker 4: It's gotta be a drone though not a room. But you don't want something We've.
Speaker 1: Tried a drone with the NBA contest that was horribly.
Speaker 4: That was twenty sixteen. They have you seen those displays of where there's one hundred drones and you know, like the fireworks. Yeah, yeah, but they're very precise, there's no wind resistance and you could put a camera. Wouldn't that be cool just seeing the ball just fall?
Speaker 1: Okay, that was pretty cool, But it does change the dynamics of a jump ball where we obviously, you know, since the start of doing jump balls. We throw it up right then it comes down. But you're saying, just have that drone up there, yeah and drop it. I mean, I guess it's the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, drones are just they're just advanced. I'm with you. I was in New Jersey, New York.
Speaker 1: You'll go Tocacas.
Speaker 3: I saw the sign. I always see the sign of Secaccas on the highway. Yeah, get pumped for that. But I was at the rockets. I saw the rockets and there was air quotes drones. There's fairies flying over over the crowd, which is awesome.
Speaker 4: See, we've had a bad taste in our mouth about drones drone since Aaron Gordon.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, memory, Yeah, so I mean.
Speaker 4: The technology has advanced, Yeah, amazingly.
Speaker 3: Because I saw those drones and I thought that must be hard to do. They're flying literally almost flying over us in circles. But Daniels Pops, Daniel's dad said no, that's the easiest thing.
Speaker 1: Probably computer program.
Speaker 3: Yeah, just hit one and they just circle around. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you know, now that I think back to that dunk contest performance, like it wasn't really the drones fault. It was like the human operating because they had to release the ball and the timing of all yeah, okay, all right, well we need a roomba or a drone to jump all situations. Let's do one more batch of the winners from the weekend.
Speaker 3: Who got we all know Christian and Scooby great halftime act. Christian pulls out Scooby, that little dog does all jumping, does all these things. He was on the starter's way back when every halftime he shows up. He does a great, incredible job.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 3: In Minnesota on Friday. You know, after he does the handstands off those those sort of risers, I believe they're called handstand canes. He took a bit of a quick tumble, but he was totally fine. He put the balls on the handstand canes. If you're watching with us here on YouTube, that is very hard to do. It looked very tough. I think he hit himself in a good spot because he came out and he said he was fine. You know, he brought Scooby on. Scooby was jumping around. He said, first off, I'm okay, just a minor scratch bruise. Thankfully, I appreciate our extended NBA fan that reached out and all the text messages from everyone checking in might make no sense, but this only makes me prouder that I try to push my limits and not get complacent. Scooby is a star without a doubt, but it makes me feel good to try to also be a better hand bouncer. And even though this show didn't go as plan, it's roof that we do as acrobats hand balancers isn't easy. What they do there is not easy. I'm grateful that this wasn't serious and anxious to get back to it much love. He was on Jimmy Fallon the day before that. The day before that is while he was also on Jimmy Fallon doing that kind of thing where he's up doing handstands that's hard to do.
Speaker 1: It's almost like we do need to see this every once in a while to remind us, Yeah, like what this guy's doing stupid? Like you know what I mean? You see it a million times and you're like, you don't You start to think like, oh, yeah, it's so easy. It's like I could jump up there and balance on two balls there go, no big deal. But yeah, then you see him take a tough fall and you're like, oh, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want him to get hurt. But as you just said, it's good for his reputation to kind of take a tumble because you start talking about it, because that gets publicity a little. Also, being on Jimmy Fallon gets some publics. I'm sure sure. But yeah, he was in Minnesota. There he's showing him love. He was fine. I think he took that cane stand in the right spot. Yeah, that's probably just above the hip. It looked like right, so just to.
Speaker 1: Grow into Yeah, it could have been bad.
Speaker 3: It could have been bad. Yeah, but I think his abs are strong because he's doing freakinghances dance, So good for him.
Speaker 1: I did check in with him. I was one of those texts. I was part of the NBA family. I said, are you okay? Bro? He roll back, yep, all good. Thanks for checking in and I appreciate you and said it was a good scratch and a bruise, nothing serious. So there you go. From Christian himself. Well maybe Scooby wrote this. I don't know. I do have Christian and Scooby in my poot.
Speaker 3: Who knows those nails he did?
Speaker 1: Did he did? He continue? I assume the performance.
Speaker 3: Sorry, he continued on the floor with Scooby.
Speaker 4: He definitely did.
Speaker 3: Wow, Scooby was dancing through the hoops a great stuff.
Speaker 4: One more winter unfazed either didn't even.
Speaker 1: Almost a little too unfaced honestly, scoops all right. Final winner of the weekend. The is you know, away from the NBA floor, but to the basketball floor. Still. It's our guy, Jerome Cheng. That's right, Jerome. We told you last week was playing in the tm U Sports Versus Media charity basketball game up there in Toronto. Jerome was on Team Media representing no dunks, and he came through. Guys. Not only did the team get the win, Okay, that's important, but check the highlights we've got from Jerome here. Okay, here's a simple assist to Will Lue to start the game. Why not. I want a shot there from Will bag bang bang uh. The stats are great, though we're getting replaced. Jerome finished with ten points here. He is, yeah, four or five from the floor, very efficient. He's gonna go two for three from deep here. Here's one of them coming up, I believe.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a deep deep three.
Speaker 1: Two assists to two turnovers. We'll live with that, and he threw in a steel and yeah, he was just a flame thrower out there tasks.
Speaker 3: I love this camera worker.
Speaker 1: I know. Look, I watched a bit of this broadcast. This was a you know, a school project by a team up there. A huge shout out to cree A Mustafa in her team for leading this. I was pretty impressed with the production. I was like, Okay, this is is awesome.
Speaker 4: The camera work is amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and the broadcast was well done. The graphic package. You know, they had sideline reporters and all that. So there's an assist that was a big shot. But coming up here, there's a big one tie game. There's about a minute to go. Jerome hits the go ahead shot and uh that was that was a difference maker. Now he did say he's an honest man, this Jerome. He said, I didn't mean to bank it, but it looked.
Speaker 3: Like it fooled me. I thought he pulled the Dwayne Way the Russell Westbrook bank it. But he also pointed to his veins. The old lot of that.
Speaker 1: I did a couple of threes to the head, the threes of.
Speaker 3: The dome there, well done, well done.
Speaker 1: Congrats to Jerome. Congrats to Team Media and again congrats to that entire team up there for the Sport Versus Media charity basketball game. Jade, I think you'd be very impressed. I think it's on YouTube.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gonna go watching it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go back, and you want to go grate it for them.
Speaker 3: Granted, granted, just like you talked about the drones weren't great ten years ago. Also, our camera work we didn't get one of those. We didn't get one of those games.
Speaker 4: Stupid Jays game.
Speaker 3: We did a Jas game. Camera work was great. JD. You directed a great game back in two thousand and five or whenever it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but hold on, these are two different things, right, Yeah, this team was, this was their final. They put practical projects three months. Yeah, they worked on it was great, awesome stuff. Jerome representing for No Dunks too. We love to see it. We gotta take a break when we come back. NBA Weekend Losers.
Speaker 3: All right, great stuff.
Speaker 1: Let's uh, let's get to the NBA Weekend Losers. Okay, which teams, which performances? Whatever you want is on your loser of the Weekend list.
Speaker 3: I'm keeping mine extremely simple here. Again, it's the plays that are standing out to me from this past weekend. And Clint Capella of the Atlanta Hawks. You got Clint capped by Jaylen Brown. He dunked on his head, Clint Cappella. Unfortunately he was sort of under the rim. He came out like one foot from Jalen Brown for Jalen Brown and Jalen Brown. When he has the ball up top, he kind of dances a little bit and then when he sees an opportunity to go at the rim, he goes and he went hard, and he dunked on Clint Capella, who just ate it. He had nothing better to do. He tried to go up. But the Celtics got one done against the Atlanta Hawks. So I've got to call Clint Capella the losier. This would have been a very, very tough win for the Hawks. This is a back to back for them because they did beat the Wizards on Saturday night. And I just want to note the Celtics here. You know, they do have enough depth to go around their injuries. Christophs porzingis he's going to be out, and he's out at least a week. Reevaluated in a week with that calf strain. I wonder you know how long he's going to be out, if he's going to be able to come back. We've seen these injuries before with him in the playoffs. That Dallas Clippers note that that I said earlier, that's what he looked like. And Drew Holliday was out in this game. But Delano Benton, our former raptor, he was playing hard off the bench. Maybe he's not a three point shooter, maybe he don't want him to handle the ball all the time, but he plays hard on both ends. He goes at the ram and he plays hard defensively. And Numiashita also doing his things. As the Celtics coaching staff noted after the game, they said that dude changed things. They got enough guys playing really really hard to get around these injuries, so they get a w But Clint cap he got the loss unfortunately in this one. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Did you see the crowd reaction to that dunk too? Some great shots of fans going bonkers, aybody dropping it on their head and just like wow, faces it was a big dunk. I'll pile on the Hawks as a loser of the weekend too, because on a fast break in that Saturday victory, over the Wizards. Jalen Johnson took a foul from Kuzma that sent him to the floor really hard, and he appeared to hurt his left wrist. While he was bracing for contact with the ground. He stepped to the free throw line, you know, took his two free throw attempts, and then he didn't return. On Sunday, Yeah, we found out it was pretty bad. Sham's reported that Johnson is expected to miss about four to six weeks. Now. The Hawks themselves said he was diagnosed with a left distal radius fracture there in his wrists and he will be reevaluated in three to four weeks. So Hawks saying three to four reevaluation. Sham's is already looking ahead probably four to six weeks until he can maybe return. Good news, there's no need for surgery. I believe you're gonna have to rest this one. But this sucks. This sucks for the Hawks because you know, Jalen Big Johnson print the T shirts. He was having a breakout season. I mean, he was probably on the short lif for Most Improved Player candidates. He was averaging fourteen to seven two and a half assists, and he was shooting forty two percent from deep and he was like a really really you know, bright spot for Hawks fans in terms of, like for two reasons. One, he's fun as hell to watch because he can obviously hit the three a little bit, there was some growth to his game. He was a blast in transition both ends, either chasing down guys for blocks or dunking in transition. And then he also was like a bright spot for Hawks fans in terms of like the long term success of the team, right, Like, yeah, he looks like a building piece, so from that perspective, it really sucks too, So he's gonna be out here for a little a little bit. I guess maybe this means AJ Griffin sort of steps into that role and will get a chance. He did, at least on Sunday. He didn't look call it that greater play all that well, but big Johnson y the shelf.
Speaker 3: AJ Griffin has been sort of in the rotation, sort of not at times. But the reason they were fine giving up John Collins was because Jalen Johnson was going to be in that starting lineup, So they rely on him for sure. Now they struggle defensively one hundred percent, but they hope that somebody like Jalon Johnson and jon Tay Murray step up little bit and Trey Young, who red glasses Quinn Snyder says, is ready to go defensively and having his best season defensively. I love Quinn Snyder's red glasses, like that he's sports those red frames that he's he's okay wearing.
Speaker 1: Sally Jesse rafael I said, though, you would have been slick if he You know how they do the blue court for the un season tournament and I was down there not too long ago for one of those games. He should go with blue glasses for that should match his class frames to the floor, to the colors of the team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'd be next level, that would be nice.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And that floor is good and we there's some great some not so great. That FLOORA is good, the Orlando Magic one that we just mentioned down in Disney World. The trade should go to very good. The Dallas Cowboys court the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: But it does look like it.
Speaker 3: Why do you call it, like? Why is it the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Because it's the star and the it's the star and the colors I mean are very cowboys like, which is bad. And it's a great brands great. Look, I like it.
Speaker 3: Somebody drew that star once upon a time, Yes, you know they I don't think exactly. I don't know. I was in Alan Alan Martin was my my middle school, and somebody drew them the star as part of the that's part of the logo. Did they see the cowboys once upon a time?
Speaker 1: They just saw a star? Maybe?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Alan M. Martin? What the heck was it called? That's why I slowly, there's there's a middle.
Speaker 1: Talk about this. We know you're a great Ingordian school.
Speaker 3: We called it grad Yeah, we called it the We called it the Magic. And so that's why they got the star. Maybe it was from the Orlando Magic. We we did just start school right after the Orlando Magic came along, did we? Yeah? Basically whatever they came out in the eighties. Oh, we started way later.
Speaker 1: Than that, weren't they. I think they were eighty nine.
Speaker 3: And I thought it was a ninety. Anyway, it doesn't matter. Magic have a good court. They play defense, way harder than the Atlanta Hawks, way harder than the Atlanta Hawks. So Jalen Johnson out, Yes, but AJ Griffin we thought he could be part of the rotation. Yeah, it's an interesting move with from Quinn Snyder because they're comfortable throwing Sadik Bay off the bench in that sort of rotation and he struggles defensively a lot of the time. So maybe AJ Griffin can jump in and show Quinn I can play both ends.
Speaker 1: When I was down at the Fortress last week, some Hawks fans were kicking around the idea of maybe they're looking to trade AJ Griffin along with a Capella, and maybe that's sort of a package to go and make something happen because he was sort of out of the rotation, wasn't getting a lot of opportunity. But I wonder, first off, have no idea if any of that's true, But maybe that that game plan has changed now too, that with Jalen Johnson unfortunately out for it probably a month at the very least there with a pretty rough fall there if you saw that one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Clinton Cappella was in a lot of trade rumors last year, remember the Dallas Mavericks hoping to get him. So I thought Clint Coppella was probably deep in his thirties just because it heard them so many times. But he's only twenty nine, is he really? I'm a little surprised by that. Yeah, very surprised by that. But I wonder, like we just said, with the forward position, they went from John Collins into the Jalen Johnson role. There have been talks that they go from Clint Capella to the Ayaka and Conglu role. So that's seeming that just seems like it's going to happen at some point.
Speaker 1: It makes too much sense. But then again, we waited three years to trade for them to trade John Collins.
Speaker 3: That's a fair point.
Speaker 1: They slow played here. Yeah, all right, I mean weekend loser to the Chicago Bulls. Trey's not here to defend his team. I don't think he would though. No, no, they are deserving loser of the weekend. You know, when you're you're in the running for a loser of the weekend. Not here on No dunks is when I see this tweet from Worldwide Bulls Fans therapy session, let it all out. This is a safe place. You never want to see that tweet. You never want to see that tweet from worldwidewob because that means your team's down bad, and they are. The Bulls have now lost four straight, seven of their last nine. On Friday Night, in the No Dunks Bowl. In the IST game, Og matched his season high with twenty six points. Raptors beat the Bulls pretty handedly, won twenty one to one to eight, so they eliminated the Bulls from contention. Alix Caruso left in the third quarter. He didn't return. DeRozan got ejected because he was all pissed off that Darko and the Raptors were trying to run up the score because Darko thought the point differential still mattered to the Raptors in the n season tournament games. So it was all bad for the Bulls there on Friday night. And then they follow it up on Sunday. They start the game red hot. They are hooking the nets. I forget what the lead was. It was hilarious. It looked like a football score, you know, like three touchdowns to a field goal and then the nets in the second quarter. They couldn't miss an NBA season best twenty five to three pointers in the one eighteen one oh nine victory over Chicago. And yeah, now the Bulls are five and thirteen, so losses, you know, two losses to two teams that the Bulls are always comparing themselves to, right, that's like you know, nobody has the Bulls at the top of the Eastern Conference, but within that tier of the Nets and teams like the Raptors. Yes, they lost to both of them, and it looks it looks bad. It looks so bad. They're already four games out of the number ten seeds, so we're talking play in. They're closer to the they're closer to the basement. They're closer to the Pistons and the Wizards than they are really to play in right now. It's their worst start over eighteen games since twenty eighteen nineteen when they finished twenty two and sixty. Yeah, the Bulls are back to being bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Unfortunately, it would be really weird to see so many teams that are at the bottom of standings and not close to the play in tournament. That would feel weird to me later in season, because the play in tournament is there because a lot of teams can get there. But like you just said, right now, it's the Hornets, Bulls, Pistons, and Wizards nowhere close. So there's four teams in that in that conference nowhere close. And then the Jazz Blazers, Grizzlies and Spurs and in that one as well. At this point. I mean that may change, but that's a lot of teams. Four of the fifteen aren't anywhere close and eleven of the ten eleven you know, can get into the ten spots, I should say. Anyway, the point differential. Talking about another tournament, the N Season tournament, point differential is very important. A lot of coaches playing for it. That's good for the N Season tournament. Just if you implement these N Season tournament you want teams playing for it. Teams care about the point.
Speaker 1: Differential, they really do. We've seen in a couple of games now where teams try and run up the score because yeah, it might come down to a tiebreaker. In this one, I understand why DeRozan was a little pissed because, like I think, the Raptors were officially already eliminated by the time that was all happening, so it was pointless. But anyway, he just probably wanted off the floor. He gave him Asaija Jerry nice hug while he was going to the back full hug. Here here's where the bulls are at. We all know, Oh, they just have to do something. They have to tear this down. They have to trade one of these, if not two of these, if not three of these big guys, because zach Lavine and DeRozan and Vucevic they were never good enough if we're just being completely honest, as a big three, and now all three have noticeably, you know, dropped off even more this year, so they got to do something and they're probably just waiting until either December fifteenth or maybe even January fifteenth, where you know you can trade for more guys or include more guys and like it's it's really bad though. I mean, the vibes are brutal, and then anytimes Caruso's not out there, they look like a real joke. Defensively, rough weekend.
Speaker 3: It took the Bulls one game to have a player's meeting at the beginning of the season, that's a bad sign. I will say, though, those big three they need certain types of players around them. Yeah, when they went and got these players, they had Lonzo Ball at the point guard spot, and that was perfect. They looked so good with the four of them playing. But the Lonzo Ball injury after doing so much defensively, he's just involved in every freaking possession. He's just going so hard defensively, they looked great. The record with Lonzo Ball in these three guys is good, but unfortunately lons of Ball can't play, so things are very very different.
Speaker 1: And man, I don't know if it's because he's just tired of the losing and maybe the positions he's put in, or maybe it's age. I don't know, but Vucevich cannot hang with anyone right now. I mean the teams exploit them. Looks like he's got cement blocks on his feet, like he just can't move with anyone, and he's putting the team at a disdvantage. But you're right, you need some of those other perimeter defensive guys to help out in that regard. They have to. We're just waiting for them to do something. I actually think they will, but again, it might just be until that December fifteenth, or even the January fifteenth, which is still you know, it's a couple of weeks of potentially losing more games here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and Vucevich isn't being paid a ton, so it's a good contract to be able to be dealt. Now. You know, the standard twenty million starting center guy who don't do enough. They overpaid for him in that trade, it looked good because of how things were coming together. At least they're going for it when they traded for him. But now, yeah, a couple of years later, things aren't going.
Speaker 1: I will I will say whatever happens in terms of a trade, I don't think it's going to be like salvaging this season. It's going to be a young prospect, yeah, and draft pick capital, like you know, because I don't think there's a big name or a notable name that would like save the season. Like I don't think they're getting you know, in Austin Reeves, they're not getting an OG. Probably they're not getting like even like I'm not even talking superstar players here. I'm talking like, you know, second tier guys here. But I don't think even that's coming back. It has to be draft picks and maybe maybe a young star that you can squint and see, oh there's potential there. But it could be a long season here, Yes, for the bull season.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wonder if Zach Lavine wants out because this team shouldn't be five and thirteen. They should not be five and thirteen. They went for it this past offseason as a team that could get into the play and tournament. They went for it. They got Tory Craig, got Patrick Beverly, guys that could help out and provide that support. Javon Carter even those are all solid players. But the top end right now, as you said, with Vouch not being able to do what he does, and Levine and unfortunately Derozen who's upset at times, it doesn't look it.
Speaker 1: Billy Donovan said after the second loss there. I've always talked about adversity and challenges and difficulties, and to me, I think there's one a lot to learn through adversity, and two the solution to adversity would not to be shut down. If you do do that, that would be the worst thing to do. He's like saying, like we're shutting down here when we sort of get punched in the mouth a little bit. Look, he probably should not be the coach of the Chicago Bulls, but I know he just had the extension kick in and all that. They are chief skates, you know, within that organization when it comes to like, okay, this is just dead money here, let's smoke a pivot, you know. But he shouldn't be like, I don't think that we've seen anything here and he's lost this team and it's again, it's just going to get here until they shake it up. I would imagine what else you got for a loser of the weekend.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna force this one in here. Like we just said about the Bulls who kind of faded away, the Wizards kind of faded away. I'm gonna blame them and also their fans, also their fans because listen there, weekend wasn't all that bad. They had a good loss against the Bucks on Friday that was a close, close loss. Had lost seven straight going in, so they they fought against the Bucks, they ended up losing. Then they played Atlanta Saturday. This comment from Wizard's guard Landry Shammitt, this got me going. He said this about Saturday's loss to the Hawks at home in Washington. The energy in the building was down. That's when you got to be able to create some energy for yourself. We never did that. They're two and fourteen. This is early for fans not to be cheering or not to have some energy. It's almost quarter point nine straight loss there. And it's odd because you know they don't have balls talent at the top of their their list, but they do have guys. I mean, they're paying Jordan Poole a lot of money. He is at the top twenty seven mil. They just signed Kyle Kuzma twenty five mil. But I like how it's a declining contract. It goes down to nineteen at the end. But both those guys right now, that's that's a lot of money. Uh. And then you extended Danny Avdia, who's playing fine. But they just don't have a lot of hope at a lot of hope right now other than Blao Kolabalis doing some things off off the bench. But they just have top end pay right now. They are paying guys. They are going up against the Detroit Pistons tonight Monday, two of the worst teams in the NBA, actually the two worst records in the NBA. Both of them at two and fourteen are the worst records. So tonight this is a big game with me. Yeah, so, and then this is a nut dust Bowl game, nut dust game. Yeah, yes, I remember that.
Speaker 1: You're the Pistons, I'm the Wizards. You don't want to finish with the worst record overall, or you're eating a bunch of nut dust.
Speaker 3: I don't know. You might be looking forward to that, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Sure, it depends on what the nuts are.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it depends. Yeah. When I think nut dust, I also think seasoning.
Speaker 1: I think some yeah, some rosemaries. Maybe it's gonna be good. I think there's gonna be a coughing yeah, yeah, yeah. We might have a no water rule. So it's basically gonna be like a weird cinnamon challenge up in here. But yeah, it's a big one for you and me. I don't know who wins it. If if you have a read on this game, Yards or Pistons, you can probably get into the arena for ten bucks, I'm sure. But yeah, it's bad for Washington. It's embarrassingly bad. I saw Kelly Dwyer write in his newsletter this morning that there are like twenty good teams right now in the NBA, plus the Nets and Raptors. Probably he's trying to decide where to put them. But he's got a point, because the Bulls and Grizzlies want to win but they don't. And then there are six teams that are just inherently bad Wizards, Pistons, Hornets, Blazers, Jazz and Spurs. And again he's got sort of the next Raptors. It feels like he's got them sort of like, are they good? Are they really bad? I think they're They're leaning more towards good than bad teams that we listed there. But it's a good point. But wild that some of those teams I said are in that group. I would say it's most I'd say, yeah, the Wizards. I don't think anybody thought they were gonna be like, oh, they're forty five win, But this is really bad. This is bad two and fourteen. Same with Detroit too.
Speaker 3: Pool can't find his flow as a number one guy, not at all, So that's that's a problem. That's this is a very different role for him, and he was missing from that last game. I didn't mention that, but I didn't particularly care about that. They should be better no matter what. And I wanted to know what Landry Shammit said, Hey, Washington fans, I want to hear you. That was I know it's it's going.
Speaker 1: To blame them even I mean, it's been very bad for a couple of seasons now yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, and uh yeah, it's even worse to start this season. And what are you cheering for? Jordan poole, you know, taking a shot with eighteen on the shot clock and turning around like it's going in before it even drops.
Speaker 3: And it doesn't put Alexandrovechkin's face on the screen or something.
Speaker 1: Play Capital's games, well, I think his face.
Speaker 3: I think people will like his face. No cheer first, I don't know. That's it's tough to find something to cheer for. That's true. But they are the good thing about the salary floors that you got to pay players. And so it is surprising that again, eight teams in this league aren't that good because they do have good players, because you got to play some players.
Speaker 1: I obviously didn't think it would be this bad, but I didn't think the Pistons would be two and fourteen either. I was talking up the Pistons after the first week and to seem like, oh, this is a scrappy team. Watched out they you know, they can't beat anyone right now. Somebody has to win tonight.
Speaker 3: That's so who you got? Who you got tonight?
Speaker 1: Wizards?
Speaker 3: Come on, Manzards are.
Speaker 1: Gonna lay the beat down on your Pistons today.
Speaker 3: Can't wait.
Speaker 1: One more emy weekend loser, It's Wemben Yama not really him though, whoever was in charge of spelling his name on the back of his jersey there on Friday night, Yeah, wemn Yama played the entire first quarter with his name spelled as Webanyana. We had another end there instead of an M right at the end of his name. And after the loss, wemen Yama said he didn't even realize the misspelling during the game. That he did say it was a real shame. Why that made me laugh? This is a real shame, was it? Though? He shot three for four from the field when he was wearing the incorrect spelled jersey because I think they caught it pretty early. I think he switched into the new jersey in the second quarter. But look, you created some valuable memorabilia here, right. Couldn't the Spurs auction this off? I know Sotherby's just did his debut jersey from his first game as a rookie. How much do you think it went for? What do you think of Victor weben yama debut jersey against the map recently auctioned off for? And where would you even start?
Speaker 3: How many digits? I'm definitely going five. I'm going five digits.
Speaker 1: You can go up to six six.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh that's a lot. I didn't have the guts three K.
Speaker 1: Three hundred k more than double seven hundred and sixty thousand dollars for that debut jersey there, So what do you do? Does this one? Is this one more memorable?
Speaker 3: No? I gotta say listen. I'm a huge wemen Ya'm a fan, having been at Summer League seeing that poor first game and then see him go skyrock into that second game, so I can understand why you'd want to pay for it. But a web jersey that's spelled incorrectly. I think Greg Papovich would take the mic and tell people not to boo at that, don't buy that, don't buy that, don't boo Kawhi Leonard.
Speaker 1: God, that happens. It feels like it happened so long ago, but we hadn't done a show. Yes, what did what did you think of let's you know, before we moved to tweet the night? What did you think of Grey Popovich taking the mic in San Antonio and telling Spurs fans to stop booing Kawhi Leonard, stop it. We're basically we're better than this show. Some class.
Speaker 3: I at first said, Wow, I love Pop. I like it. I like him just grabbing the mic and being able to do that. Not many coaches would just grab a mic and be able to do that. At the same time, fans can do what they want. They pay a lot of money, they can boo Kawhi Leonard, who didn't leave all that well, he played really hard. They helped win a championship. Obviously he's the finals freaking MVP, but his leave was not all that memorable for them. It didn't. It soured a lot of people. Yeah, it's fine by me, it's fine.
Speaker 1: It just made them boom more too. Yeah, and Pop was trying to spin it like you don't poke the bear. That's what he kept saying after the game. So he was trying to spin it quickly into I'm telling you to stop booing because a player of his caliber, the more you boo, the worse it's gonna be. That's true, that's true, true, But I don't think he was I don't think that's what he was actually doing. He first took the mic, then he started to realize, like, I'm gonna have to spin this. What's what's my move here? What's my pr move? But I thought it was it's hilarious, it's really funny. Or I know our friend Gourmet Spud was firing off the tweets about it, making fun of it.
Speaker 3: I think it's great to see a coach grab a mic. We'd never see that.
Speaker 1: Well we have. Uh, Doc Rivers grabbed a mic and told Clippers fans back in the day to cheer Dirk Novitsky it was his final game. Oh really yeah, yeah, now you don't. You may not remember it because I don't think the PA team did a great job. When Doc had the mic, you could sort of like it wasn't coming through a crystal clear San Antonio. They knocked it out of the park. You could hear Pop perfectly, but uh yeah, really weird. Let's hear from you on that one. We had to pull up on our you know, YouTube community page. Was it a classy move by Pop or was it out of pocket? The votes were leaning towards classy more than they were out of pocket.
Speaker 3: Did you like Doc when he did? Because I couldn't wait.
Speaker 1: To hear shot one is more. There obviously is two completely different scenarios. Here. Doc is saying this is a legend. Let's let's show him the respect and you know, Dirk was loving it and the fans did, and yeah it was cool. This is pop telling his own fan base what they should do or shouldn't do. You know, that's that's a little much. They want to boom boom and they boot him even more so, so it backfired. Maybe he knew that, maybe knew it all along. All right, those are our winners and losers of the NBA weekend. Who do we miss? What do we miss? Which teams you want us to talk about? We're here all week, so we'll make sure to slip them in. Let us know here in the it's the nut dust Bowl game. Everybody's excited, everybody's pumped up. Let's get to tweet of.
Speaker 3: The night tweet and wow, so twin the night I.
Speaker 1: Want to make a Thanksgiving themed still as we sort of put a button on that the long weekend that we had here in the States. So Kevin O'Connor NBA kaos, he tweeted with a video shade and sharp really loves mac and cheese and chaos is right. Let's roll the clip.
Speaker 3: Mashed potatoes or mac and cheese.
Speaker 5: Ooh, mac and cheese, mac and cheese or butternut squat mac and cheese, mac.
Speaker 6: And cheese, or cranberry sauce mac and cheese, mac and cheese, or cream spinning maga cheese, mac and cheese, or sweet potato casserole mac and chee, mac and cheese, or scalped potatoes.
Speaker 5: Mag and chee, mac and cheese, or Brussels scroutse hakachea mac and cheese, or buttermilk piscuits mac and cheese, mac and cheese or steamed brocco mac and cheese, mac and cheese. Are stuffing mac and oo man mac and teet food mac and cheese, or cornbread mac and cheese, mac and cheese, or.
Speaker 3: Salad mac and cheese, mac.
Speaker 6: And cheese, sweet potato soup mac and cheese, mac and cheese, or jello castrole mac and cheese.
Speaker 1: There you go the would you rather with shade and sharp? Really loving mac and cheese. He nearly changed when he got the stuffing, which I think I like jad you said before we went live here that they weren't throwing him some great options.
Speaker 4: I'm with him for those. I mean stuffing massed potatoes, but that's jello castrole, I know, salad, sweet potato castrole, I mean I know, I'm I hate sweet potatoes and the picturelation there was marshmallows melted on top.
Speaker 1: Yeah of course, yeah yeah. What do you think about Sharp running the running the gauntlet there for mac and cheese?
Speaker 3: I respect him, but salad is good skates, Well, yeah you need a salad. You need a salad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we all need a salad, but you're not gonna take it over mac and cheese.
Speaker 3: Alright. No, it's just like he gave you fifteenth They gave him fifteen options. You kind of have to say yes, you kind of feel like you're helping produce and you kind of want some variations.
Speaker 1: But by flip flopping a little bit.
Speaker 3: But at the same time, I'm wrong because this.
Speaker 1: Doesn't go Yeah, this doesn't go viral. If he keeps like when he gets the stuffing he says stuffing, nobody everyone goes Okay, yeah, stuff is great, but him running with mac and cheese becomes funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah great. Americans don't even really call it stuffing, though, do.
Speaker 1: They Just I never have understood this dressing versus.
Speaker 3: Stuff because they may have changed it for our Canadian friends changing Sharp.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but I mean, so what did you call it? Growing? Up stuffing, stuffing, y.
Speaker 3: I don't know what. I didn't know what dressing was always.
Speaker 1: Start one was like in the bird.
Speaker 4: And one because you stuff it.
Speaker 3: In the bird.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't think that's what it has to.
Speaker 3: Do with it.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah. I think they were just like different words for the same thing growing up. But it was always stuffing in my house.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And mac and cheese not a thing for Canadian thanks Giving, at least in my house.
Speaker 1: Like totally.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't think we. I don't think we ever had it in Canada at the Thanksgiving table in October, but definitely here. I had a bunch on Thursday at Trace House. It was good. It's really really good. I don't even know who made that. Was it Laura? Maybe it was Laura?
Speaker 4: Probably?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good. What is jello castrole? Sorry? Jake, Yeah, I got it? What is that thing? Gross?
Speaker 4: I've never heard of it. I mean, I guess I've seen sort of like people showing up with a what do you like a jello? But it's what do you call it?
Speaker 3: It's in it like a cake, a cake.
Speaker 4: I think you can put ship like fruit into a sort of thing. It's like a dessert.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 4: I don't know though, I don't know, or maybe it's a cranberry sauce type thing, jello cranberry jello? Is that even a thing anyways?
Speaker 1: So the ones that you would have maybe pivoted from Mac and Cheese JD were what stuffing.
Speaker 4: Stuffing, mashed potatoes, scall of potatoes. I would yeah, if it was scala potatoes versus all of those, it would be a scallop that would have been shading all the way shad scalp potatoes, scaled potato viral.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, all right, glad we got that tweeted. Thank you to KOC for bringing that to our attention, and uh shade and sharp really loving mac and cheese. Can't go wrong with a good mac and cheese. Let's call it there. We'll be back tomorrow. Tass and I here in the Classic Factory all week long. Join us at ten am Eastern tomorrow. Make sure you go take advantage of those cyber Monday deals. Go to No Dunks dot com or Breaking Tea dot com and take advantage of a lot of the shirts. A lot of the hoodies on sale right now make the perfect Christmas gift, So please do that. If you haven't done, so hit the like button, subscribe, leave your boys a pot, leave your boys a five star rating and review, and we will see you tomorrow. Until then, Clipper bros.
Speaker 3: You heard it here first.
Speaker 1: Have a great time, turn up. Love you guys awesome.
Speaker 3: Thanks for joining us. I remember you got to say no to butt cake. See it here in the It's bunt cake, Get out of here. It's like jello casserole, but with cake.
Speaker 4: Same shape for sure.
Speaker 3: Same shape, same shape.
Speaker 1: Race today, people,