Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle here. Just want it to say that if you like listening to this podcast and you think it's a good thing, then do me a favor and subscribe slash follow to the podcast on whatever podcast app you're listening to it on, and while you're at it, give us a five star review on whatever podcast app you're listening to it on. Subscribing and following and rating and all that stuff helps us out with the almighty computer algorithm, and I really appreciate it. So I will stop talking now and start talking start the episode. Okay, Hello, Hello, Hi, is this Chrissy?
Speaker 2: Yes it is. How are you get.
Speaker 1: I'm doing all right? How are you doing, Chrissy?
Speaker 3: Pretty good, Chrissy?
Speaker 1: What is your life like? What's going on today?
Speaker 2: Just chilling doing laundry? Not really anything fun today? Are you talking about?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Is my life cool today? Or what is my life like?
Speaker 4: In general?
Speaker 1: I let's do in general.
Speaker 2: I'm a pretty busy person. I'm not here maybe more than half the month or so due to work. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well okay, Well let me just bring something up here, because you have a thing that you called in to talk about, and we could talk about that, or we could have a meandering conversation about just nothing in particular.
Speaker 2: All right, so how do I narrow this down? Okay, So, like three years ago or so, I got this job, and long story short, I started dating the manager of before and it kind of like it was very secretive at first, and it kept going on and on and like it's this big disaster now. So we kept it a secret because our company has a pretty strict like no dating policy because of hr issues that have happened within the company, and so we kept it hush. And also my brother works there, so like it would be very weird for him to find out that, you know, this is going on. So fast forward, like two years I get promoted to like a corporate position and pretty much like I got he was like kind of okay with it at first, Like he was kind of he was supportive. I could see that, like he was kind of jealous and that made things a little rocky.
Speaker 1: Oh he was jealous that you got promoted.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he didn't say anything.
Speaker 1: You were promoted above him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So like now I have to tell him what to do and sometimes like things. Yeah, and so yeah, it's going on like three years now, and so nobody knows, you know, like, and so my brother he doesn't know still either, right, my mother knows about everything, and she's also keeping it a secret for my brother, And so I was thinking about telling him, but he started to have issues at work, and my boyfriend, you know, his manager as well, was giving him like right up and stuff because my brother he earned it. Though you're not earned it, he deserved it.
Speaker 1: But okay, so let me let me get the straight. Your brother is getting into some shit at work. Yeah, he's he's he's fucking off. You are secretly dating his manager, who has been, yeah, giving your brother a hard time about all the fucking off that your brother is doing.
Speaker 2: Right, And so my brother started getting like afterword, if the idea his howls were hanging out, I think he would just start talking crap about him, like how much he hates him and this and that. So now I really can't tell him. And you know, now, you know, we live together now, and I go on business trips very frequently for my position, and people people are always asking like, you know, what's my life a homelike blah blah blah, you know, just small talk, and I've made up this whole elaborate lie about like who I live with to them because they can't know it's one of the store managers, you know. And so yeah, and so my friends really don't like him. They like, actually.
Speaker 1: Your friends, So who does know your friends know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so my immediate like close friends, my mom and like one aunt.
Speaker 1: Why do your friends hate this guy?
Speaker 4: Well, he's a.
Speaker 2: Lot older than me, and he they feel that he's kind of manipulative and like he gasslightes me a lot. I have tried to leave him before, not only due to the fact that I was like getting stressed out about the fact that we're hiding this, but also like.
Speaker 1: I just.
Speaker 2: I don't want to like date someone that I work with.
Speaker 1: You know, Okay, you said you you tried to leave him. What does that mean?
Speaker 2: Well, he like I would break up with him, and then like we still work in the same place. You know, I didn't leave jobs, and so things we just circle back over again.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so you you tried to leave him, but then you guys, you know, were sort of had to be in touch with each other and you kind of liked being with each other, and.
Speaker 2: So you stay together, right.
Speaker 1: Son, there's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and so I just feel bad because like he's probably a little past the age where he would want He's getting older, you know, so like he really wants to have kids, and I really don't want to, Like that's just at least not here and now, and I just can't see myself with him any like more long term, you know. And I feel bad that I'm like kind of wasting his time in a sense because I know he really wants children.
Speaker 1: But I are you waste against? I mean, like I think, I mean, look, he he you. You are both making the decision to be with each other. It's not your fault is wasting it?
Speaker 2: Yeah right, Yeah, that's what I'm trying to remind myself too now. So I'm just kind of like pretty much I'm nervous to like leave and like just because I have to kind of work with him, you know, so things might be weird.
Speaker 1: But yeah, so I am against Like, by the way, can I see this? Is this like a big chain? Are you gotta tell you what? Like it is?
Speaker 2: It's growing, It's very big in other parts of the world, but it's throwing here, is it?
Speaker 1: Kroger?
Speaker 2: No, it's I don't think you would ever guess it's not that big yet, but they're they're trying to be I would just say it's tour it's like Asian cultural.
Speaker 1: Is it? Is it Panda Express? Do you work at Panda Express?
Speaker 2: No? No, all right, I'll.
Speaker 1: Stop trying to guess where you work. But I'm against companies having like I think it's stupid for there to be a rule that you can't date, Like, it's stupid. It's super for them to be a rule that you can't date your co workers, because like, the fuck is some company going to tell people what they can and can't do outside of work. I think that's stupid. Now the rule aside, is it a bad idea to date people you work with because of all the situations you're running into? Like yeah, totally? Ah man, So I mean this guy, let me ask you something. Is he not like are you? Is he not like emotionally immature enough to be like understanding of where you're coming from with this and like no kind of leave you like you don't think?
Speaker 2: So I don't think?
Speaker 1: So okay, what makes you say that.
Speaker 2: He is very dependent?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: Like I don't know, he put this big persona up at first, like he was going to take care of me and this and that, and that's not like generally why I'm with someone, but it was, you know, some perks, and now I'm the one like holding the fort down. Well I kind of even when I was making less money than him, I still kind of was. And like, yeah, wait, sorry.
Speaker 4: What was the question?
Speaker 1: I was asking you if you felt like he was emotionally mature enough to kind of deal with being around you even if you guys are broken up.
Speaker 2: That's the thing. I don't think so. But no, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: Huh. Well, listen, Uh, you have this job that you seem like you like and care about him, would like to stay in and would be a shame for you to leave because of personal problems, right, and you could you could probably say the same about him. I don't know this guy, but he probably also likes this job. And okay, great, it's okay. So both of you guys love the job. You don't see this relationship working out. Uh, he wants something. He wants kids, he wants like a It sounds like he's older and he wants somebody who can he he can like kind of really settle down with. Is that what you're getting at?
Speaker 2: Right? And Okay. So another big issue is like, like I mentioned, I traveled very frequently for work, so I'm not home a lot of the time, and like the time that I do have here, I'm still working, but just remotely, and all my free time is filled up with like taking care of the house and making food and this and that, and like his like after he's a child, Like I'm not a housewife. That's not what I signed up for. I don't mind doing all these things. But we agreed before I moved in, like that he would put his effort into like equal efforts throughout the house, like you know, doing like tours.
Speaker 1: Or like.
Speaker 2: Other stuff. And then like, yeah, he owes me a lot of money.
Speaker 1: Too, Why does he owe you money?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: So I went to the Bahamas with him, and I was under the impression he went last minute because his cousins were going, and I coincidentally had like a week off, like out of nowhere. My boss is like, you're working like a lot, you should just take a week off, and I was like, okay, stay less. And it coincidentally had was the time that he was going to the Bahamas, right, and I thought his cousin was taking care of everything, and I had to pay for so much stuff, like maybe you're a lot, like maybe all not including myself, like on him alone, maybe around a thousand dollars, which he.
Speaker 1: Liked, but he didn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well like for his past at least.
Speaker 1: You know, I can think you paid for him as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like I paid for the room and like pretty much everything, all the food, like all the tourist stuff we did, and there's like a lot of concert tickets.
Speaker 1: Okay, so so listen. So so you have your issues with these guys, is let me ask you this just really quick so we can I want to understand exactly where you're at with this. Is there any part of you that wants to stay with him, or any part of you that is even kind of considering building an actual life with this person.
Speaker 2: The thing is, like I do love him kind of not as much as I used to. But by the time I would be ready to settle down, I feel like you would be too old, you know, like he wouldn't be able to enjoy his children and like even maybe ce grandchildren. He's not that old, but like he's forty two right now, so like I wouldn't be ready for another ten years.
Speaker 1: Or so, You know, Chrissy, it sounds like this. For it sounds like this is not great for either of you guys, because he wants he's older, he wants a different kind of person in a different stage of life than you are. So it sounds like it's not beneficial for either of you guys to continue back again. So it would sounds like it like telling people this on this because I've only been talking to you for fifteen minutes, so I'm not going to pretend like I know every single thing about your relationship. But it sounds like you guys should declare yourselves to have had your fun and then move on. And you know, you seem like you can handle that. I don't know him. I haven't talked to him. I don't know what his ability to handle that is. He should understand if I could talk to him. You know, he should understand that if you're dating a person that doesn't want the same things that you want, then you're you're doomed. You're doomed, so it is of nobody's benefit to stay together. So hopefully he understands that. As so, look, I mean, you should have the conversation with him, maybe say you're goodbyes, and then you're stuck with the problem of we work together.
Speaker 2: So here's my plan. My brother is leaving to the military in the next like a couple of months, and he lives with my mom is supporting her. So he's leaving. My mom can't like like pay for everything herself, you know, she's not as financially stable. So we're planning on moving in together next the beginning of next year.
Speaker 1: So I'm trying of like you and the boyfriend.
Speaker 2: No, I'm going to move in with my mom. We're going to go back like a house. Yeah, And so my plan is to first he's still paying me back to the money he gets or owes me, like every wen he gives me money, and I have to wait until I get everything back, and then when it's getting closer to moving, I can break up with and then but yeah, you.
Speaker 1: Know I forgot that you lived with this guy too. You guys, you are like, yeah, merge.
Speaker 2: Together in one cup, right, And you know, like I have a lot of stuff here, like so much stuff.
Speaker 1: I can't just go, you know, like I Christy, listen, I know this is this might be tough to hear, and I don't know if I'm in the place to say it, but I'm going to do it now.
Speaker 2: And still live together.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the fuck you're gonna do there, but yeah, yeah, I don't know what the fuck you're gonna do there, But like, like, do it now, you got you gotta do it now. There's no what It's almost worse for you to delay it because he has no I don't know if he has any clue that you're thinking about doing this. So so the things only get gradually worse the longer you delay ripping off this band aid. So just do it now and then, and then you two can figure out how you're gonna deal with living with each other. But to wait and just like silently resent him over dinner every night for the next however many months is not a good move.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're right.
Speaker 1: How many months is it?
Speaker 4: I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: How many months is it until you until you can move out?
Speaker 2: What's this month? So maybe like six seven months?
Speaker 1: Find some poor sucker of a sub letter on craigslist if you can. Okay, what do you can? I ask? What's state? You do you guess what city you live in? Is that too much information?
Speaker 3: You can guess?
Speaker 1: But I don't want to guess a either you're willing to tell me or not.
Speaker 2: You had been there pretty recently. It's kind of a big city. But if I give it away like I'm someone that all right, whatever, you live in a big city.
Speaker 1: If you live in a big city, you'll be able to find somebody who can sum let your room. But don't wait, don't do not sit in all these resentful dinners and uh don't don't don't sit with this in your mind for six months. That's a lot. Yeah, christ is there anything you want to say to the people of the computer before.
Speaker 4: We go.
Speaker 2: No to think for or taking my call?
Speaker 1: Of course, probably I'm.
Speaker 2: Going to thanks.
Speaker 4: I have to break it to him.
Speaker 2: I can't keep doing this.
Speaker 1: We're wishing you the best of luck. Chrissy, you can do it. It's better than the alternative, the alternative. Here's the thing, and this is I'm gonna finish with this. The when you break up, When you break up, it's kind of always a good thing because it was not like things. It's never things are going good and then you break up. You know what I'm saying. So it's beneficial for both of you that this is happening. Think of it like that.
Speaker 2: Okay, you do, have a good night, Chris, all right, probably night.
Speaker 1: I will say this about that call. Sitting with someone for six months scheming about how you're going to break up with them meanwhile they have no idea sounds way worse than breaking up with someone and having to live with them for six months, like harboring some secret thing and going in your mind like, ah, man, this is not gonna you know that. That just sounds that just sounds a lot worse than just sitting in the reality of it. Hello, Hello, why is this? Uh says your name is mister Kats.
Speaker 4: Yes I am, I'm good.
Speaker 1: Where does the name mister cats come from?
Speaker 4: I just had a chat when I was a kid. You know, his name was mister kat and so.
Speaker 1: You know, is that mister cat or mister Cats?
Speaker 4: No, mister cat, just the one cat.
Speaker 1: Out the one cat. Well, how are you doing today, mister cat?
Speaker 4: Well, I'm doing a light How are you? It's six thirty am for.
Speaker 1: Me, it's six fifteen. Yes, what where you going from?
Speaker 4: So my day just to start? You know, I'm from Kuwait's Middle East?
Speaker 1: Oh, so you're in Kuwait right now?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, what, Uh, what's what's your day?
Speaker 4: I'm well, it's it's a sunny day. You know, it's one hundred degrees outside. I think maybe one.
Speaker 1: Then m Do you have any plans for the day, anything that you are planning on doing. You're going to work, school, leisure time.
Speaker 4: I'm a university student. I study history, but today I think I have work at night. But the rest of the day, I'm just they I'm just you know, playing video games, watching movie, my friends. My ancle is here.
Speaker 1: What is life? And koait like?
Speaker 4: To be honest, it's it's amazing. Everything is cheap right here in cheaper than your USA. It's safe. It's so safe. I mean I can walk like three a m outside nobody will talk with me. I mean I can fill off my car with guys, you know, like ten dollars, maybe twelve dollars.
Speaker 1: When have you ever been to the US? No, to be honest, have you been to places that you could compare kuwait with when you when you say it's safe, have you been to a place that you felt was was unsafe?
Speaker 4: Not really? I mean I'm out a little bit out of the town. You know this that is next to me, So I go back to this that nobody cares. You know, I worked in the city and it's okay, we don't have a police, to be honest, it's not like you say you see police everywhere. No, it's just say there our police don't have a gun.
Speaker 1: Yes, really, the police don't have guns in Kuwait.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they don't. Meant to be honest.
Speaker 1: M h Well, how big is Kua is Kuwait? Uh? How big is the city?
Speaker 4: I mean if you look in them up, it's not that big. But when you live, it's just it's so massive. To be honest, I mean, I can drive like five six hours, maybe seven hours in the cities.
Speaker 1: I've always wanted to go to court. What what what country is Kuwait? And I'm I'm stupid. I don't know anything about geography.
Speaker 4: No, the country is called Kwait.
Speaker 1: Oh Kwait is okay, I'm fuck, I'm so dumb. I didn't want to admit I didn't know that. Okay, I don't want to admit that I don't know whether Kuwait is a country or a city. And I was waiting for you to give me some sort of context clue that would inform me of the answer without me having to ask. But it is revealed that.
Speaker 4: I know it's okay, it's a normal Everyone think it's a city. To be honest, it's a.
Speaker 1: What do you live in a small city or in Kuwait or deal in one of the bigger cities.
Speaker 4: Oh no, I live in a big city. I mean I need to dive like an hour to in the old city. You know, it took me half an hour to just exit the city to go into another city.
Speaker 1: It says you wrote for the call Screener that you feel life in Kuwait is an epic adventure.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you want to have an adventure, like you know, every people just go to Europe, to Asia, you know, mountains, natur you come here, just look to city and go Wait. We have the biggest mode in the world. It's a massive I mean I can work like three four hours. We have so many things. We can go and do activities in the desert. I just I don't know. I don't do a lot of things. I just study it right now, but I know there is a massive thing you can do.
Speaker 1: What is your favorite of all the things you can do?
Speaker 4: I think I like that we have everything here, everything around the world. We have everything from US, China, and all the world.
Speaker 1: I have to ask mister kat, who are the people that we can hear in the background.
Speaker 4: Oh, it's my uncle talking the victording for snapshot. So actually he's reading the comments.
Speaker 1: You know, he's your uncle, is sitting and reading the chat. Yeah, well, I usually tell age, well, are you and your uncle the same age? Oh yeah, I usually tell callers not to read the chat, but I guess if you have somebody else with you reading the chat.
Speaker 4: No, I'm not Exactually I'm just looking at the window. You know, I live in right now, an apartment. I see the main street. You know, card is going coming sunrise.
Speaker 1: What's your relationship with your uncle?
Speaker 4: Like friendship? You know, he's a cool guy. I live with him. He got to work and we play video games all day. He's saying hi to everyone. I don't know. I think people say he's an old game or you know, he's playing since nineteen. I think maybe eighteen. I don't know.
Speaker 1: What says he you're twenty so is he is he also twenty? You said he was the same age.
Speaker 4: As you twenty five? I think just five four years between us.
Speaker 1: Okay, what tell me about the rest of your family? Your your your mother or your father. You have a good relationship with them?
Speaker 4: Yes, actually I have a good relationship you know, with my old family. Everyone like me with you ahead, No, I just my uncle told me that someone is asking is alcohol is illegally? Yeah, it's a legal It's not allowed in Quit. Yeah, I'm living with my friend.
Speaker 1: Alcohol is completely illegal and Quit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you can't sell it, but you can somehow, you know with that just drug dealers and you know those people market mister.
Speaker 1: Cat, I gotta ask you and listen. This is a safe space, all right, me and the people listening, we won't tell. Yes, but have you have you ever gotten drunk before?
Speaker 4: Just the one time? Yes?
Speaker 1: And how was that for that one time?
Speaker 4: I just I don't remember what happened, to be honest, I was in a party and I happened. Yeah, I don't know what I drink, you know? Yeah, okay, I mean I have a bottle of two in my house.
Speaker 1: Did you have a good time.
Speaker 4: And the past? You mean? Yeah?
Speaker 1: The party?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Actually I was going with my British friends, you know.
Speaker 1: Just you said, you said you went with your British friends. Are there a lot of international people in Kuwait?
Speaker 4: Oh? God? Yes, yes, there is a lot. Actually there is a place near the patrol that is just all Americans people. You know. Really we have a base force I think based American base. We have their military base. It's not a lot for everyone, but you know they had everything alcoholics, which I can't buy alcohol from them in the base if I I want.
Speaker 1: Interesting out on the military base, but not anywhere else.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just Americans, you know, they like to drink. What is it for them? Not for the people who what?
Speaker 1: What do you?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: What do people living there who are who are local to Kuwait? What do they think of the foreigners? Like the Americans that come to live there.
Speaker 4: They don't care to be honest. I just like everyone. We have many I mean people India and Egyptian people are more like more than the KUWAITI right here you know, hm and Kuwait it's almost five million and Kuwait is just like a million m hm. Oh yeah. It's an international country. You know, we have that from everywhere.
Speaker 1: So what is your your goal in life? Mister kat what do you what do you I don't think we got to You might have told us what we what you study, but I forget what is it that you study? And what is it that you would like to.
Speaker 4: I study history. I want to get a pH d. I want to be a professor in the Kuwaita University or any other university in the world. You know. I like to teach people. Do you like to travel the world? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I was gonna do you do a lot of traveling outside of Kuwait.
Speaker 4: I went to a rock during the after the war, the last tour in the rack. I want to behind Lebanon, Turkya. I went to Yourn. I saw many places.
Speaker 1: Do you have a place of all the places you've been to that you found the most interesting?
Speaker 4: Oh? God, I mean except the media. I like Iran. It's a It's a beautiful country, to be honest. It's just the mountains are great, you know everything great. People are great, not like they you think. I used to see a news audio people see the news and media.
Speaker 1: Why why do you think the I what's your problem with the Iranian media?
Speaker 4: No, not the Iranian media, the non Iranian media, like the let's say the Foxy News. You know they say it's all wars and ship I went to a ruck, it's it's safe. I went to Iran. People are so you know, it's so funny. I lived in the house with them, not terrorists. Like I'm sorry for the word and the twitch, but not like the things they show.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm, dude, I gotta say I am I'm like dying to go to the Middle East and do some of these I do this like talk to a Gecko series where I interview people just on the street, and I would fucking love Kuwait or Iraq or Iran.
Speaker 4: I mean, you can come here. I'm here always anytime you want. You can say my name.
Speaker 1: But if you want, I actually might because if I could, if I go, let me ask you this. In Kuwait, how is there a big English speaking population?
Speaker 4: Everyone talking, drifts, everyone speaking. I mean they studied, they teach English in the school since the first grade.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we have an American university of a British university, so many colleges. Okay, cool, Christian people too, I might.
Speaker 1: I might want to come over there, and it's always nest to know a local.
Speaker 4: No, no, you can't talk to everyone, I mean even the old people talking grist. You can go to church, I mean the you Christians. There is a lot of Christian people here live with us.
Speaker 1: It's okay, So you were talking about sort of how the media portrays I ran, how do you feel like, uh, non Middle Eastern media portrays Kuwait.
Speaker 4: I mean everyone to think Kuwait is a cross country. I mean they don't have the trouble with any country in the world except just one or two maybe, but everyone like Kuwait, everyone respected. I mean, no one is talking bad about quit. You can go to news. I mean USA helped quite a lot during the golf for the second gold for and now they're helping with the COVID and those things.
Speaker 1: I don't know, can Americans go to Kuwait right I don't know if you have any idea about this, but can Americans go to Kuwait right now? With COVID shit? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just saw in Tectochia like three days ago, some people come like a group of family. I think for a week afterwo they think here.
Speaker 1: So you said you left to travel. Are there places that you have not yet been to that you are on your list?
Speaker 4: Like a country or places.
Speaker 1: In Kuwait, anywhere? I guess I guess I meant countries.
Speaker 4: Well, if it was to me, I like to go more to Asia, not in the West, you know, Europe, Usa. I mean I look at them everywhere in the in Instagram, snapchat, everywhere I go. I want to explore places that no body I Actually I applied for a visa for North Korea, but I didn't get it for because of the COVID.
Speaker 1: Wait, hold on, you try.
Speaker 4: I was going to Yeah, they give they give us a visa.
Speaker 1: Yes, what were you trying to do?
Speaker 4: I was going for a dude, It's an epic adventure. I just want to see the country, you know. I just want to go vlogging and you know, talk to people or anything. They told me to try again, like in the next year.
Speaker 1: Then Jordan, you wanted to go. You wanted to do a vlog there.
Speaker 4: You said, yeah, I mean there is a youth logs in the YouTube you can see in Arabic language in English. But yeah, I want to be one of them. I want to explore the country. I want to see that becautory. Maybe it's a it's a good country, like you know on when everyone says it bad, but actually it's a good I don't know. I just want to see what's my own eyes.
Speaker 1: I like that you seem like you got an adventurous spirit and you seem like, uh, you know, as you said you don't want to take anyone's word for anything unless if you actually are able to see it with your own eyes. Yeah, I guess you'd whatever version they would let you see.
Speaker 5: But I thought I didn't hear that, I said, I guess I don't think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, sure, you guys do whatever you want.
Speaker 4: Uh. In the Old country and everything, we don't have text like other countries. I think there's a few countries that don't have like us, and so they didn't have but no they have. So we don't have texts and everything. You know, that's why everything is cheap. Yeah, we don't pay text you know, like tex for the house talk for the car.
Speaker 1: So if you don't pay tax, how do how does the coation? Is that aquation.
Speaker 4: Good? Quite?
Speaker 1: How How does how does make any money? If you guys have tax?
Speaker 4: I mean they say a little, so many aisles, they have so many things to deport outside. It's basically everything free. When I go to the hospital, it's free. I get free medication, I free cares anything any anywhere I go, I just free. You know.
Speaker 1: Damn.
Speaker 4: Even when I buy a car, I just pay for the car, not and the extra tags and the protection and the blah blah of things.
Speaker 1: Quait sounds pretty tense.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean that's a good thing to live here in Middle East.
Speaker 1: Well, mister cat, you know I'm gonna I'm gonna do for the end of this car, I want to I'm gonna let your uncle read the chat, and if the chat has any good questions for you, your own can ask. I stuffed that coming.
Speaker 4: So quit is paradise, he said yes, and he said hi to everyone.
Speaker 1: Someone in the chats that I mean lexic.
Speaker 4: No, it isn't true. You know, if you want to live a busy life, just come here, you know. I mean I study in the university and I get and I get paid every month. You know, the university just give me money, like three hundred dollars every month.
Speaker 1: Universe study, I don't think anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I can study some masters. And there is a question, he said, what's your favorite food dish? I mean, we have every restaurant here America restaurant we have also, but I like Arabic wood more like much boo the eye. It's called it's a rise with a chicken. You know, it's so delicious. Everyone like it.
Speaker 1: Uh, somebody wants to know how the air conditioning is.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's a hundred degrees outside and in the house it's so comfortableness. I'm working jacket, I'm wearing a check it right now. You know, heavery close.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, we have Someone says, how is Kuwait for women's rights?
Speaker 4: I mean they have their rights. You know, no one cares. No one saying no, we don't have blah blah blah like any other countries. They have their own rights. You know, we respect them, they respect us. We live in together. We have actually in Congress, we have women in Congress. So many women's in Congress. They're not talking about the women the woman.
Speaker 1: Can women drive in Kuwait? Someone asked that, oh, yes.
Speaker 4: They can, Yeah, yeah they can't sense. I don't know. Fifty years ago, so many.
Speaker 1: Years someone said they have recreational drugs. I'm going to assume if they don't have alcohol, they don't have.
Speaker 4: Weed, they don't spatia and also like alcohol. You know, okay, so what.
Speaker 1: If if you got if you got caught with alcohol or weed in Kuwait? How bad would it be? Like? What would you know? Like, what what would the boot?
Speaker 4: But you just go if you go for jail, just living one night if they release you, nothing bad, it's easy.
Speaker 1: Someone wants to know what gay right now?
Speaker 4: Okay, about that. We don't have lgbt's right in Kuwait. I mean it's not like we hate them, but they got to wait. You know, they don't go to jail to punish it. There's nobody cares about them. Okay, you can live with your life the way you want. We don't give a ship like with everyone saying.
Speaker 1: All right, that sounds like a sounds like an answer. Chah, any other questions about kuwaits.
Speaker 4: Any other questions? It says we legal and Kuwait. Yeah, it's no, it's not a criminal. It just if they got you with the weird there, you will go to you will get away. It's okay, just one night, Jim, all right.
Speaker 1: Last question. Someone wants to know what club scene is.
Speaker 4: Like, okay, just private clubs. No, it's not public everyone. We have the music festivals. We get people from all the world, you know, Japan, American, Italian, everywhere.
Speaker 1: Oh, actually, okay, this will be the last question. Does anything suck about Kuwait? You've been saying all the good stuff, but every no place is perfect. You kind of glossed over the gay stuff. A little bit.
Speaker 4: But let me ask what kwait? Okay, what do you think about goes? Is there any anything suckses that I can talk?
Speaker 1: That's why I'm asking.
Speaker 4: Okay, there is a little bit racist between like let's say, for An for an Indian people. I know, just because there are just a worker. You know, it's just work. I mean, I don't know how to say it. But I did not think that you will notice it. Just you think sometimes you see, not always from all people. Especially did you say racism not for everyone, just for Egyptian and Indian? I mean, to be honest, they deserve it, it did They just destroying the country if you want, you want to do it.
Speaker 1: I won't get involved in that. But uh, mister Cat, is there anything you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 4: It was nice to talk to you guys. I yes, someone asks we have apeak donut you have just let me just say anything, okay, Chrispy donnut. Someone asking their comments. We have every restaurant, every American restaurant, everything you can name, we have it there. It's just the different is we don't have that song.
Speaker 1: Well, mister Kat, thank you for sharing with us. I feel like I got to know. I'm dying to go to Kuwait. I might hate you up if I if I end up going there. You could do a little thing. We could do a Gecko video.
Speaker 4: Save my number if any time you want to come, just give me a call. You're always a.
Speaker 1: Real number I have. I assume to go to hotel. I assume this is the this is a WhatsApp number.
Speaker 4: Uh not Actually I think it's a fake number. But I can't send.
Speaker 1: But thank you very much for calling mister kat and Wishield guest of the day. I know it's it's.
Speaker 4: A pleasure to you, and I hope I have a I think it's a nice Yeah, okay, happy for of July. Actually and yeah, he's he's saying happy for July. And good night America. I'm sick. Hey, have a good morning, have a good say thank you, thank you so much.
Speaker 1: All right, if you can handle like a little bit of racism and uh uh ambiguous gay rights and no pork, then come to Kuwait. Hello, how are we going? Is this Rob?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: This is this therapy back?
Speaker 1: Yeah? How's it going? Rob?
Speaker 3: Not too bad? How about yourself?
Speaker 1: Not too bad? Uh? Well, it says here Rob that you have dabbled with ecstasy for the first time this evening.
Speaker 3: Yes, I did. I'm feeling kind of weird as I sit in my room and just stare on my white walls.
Speaker 1: Are you Are you rolling currently?
Speaker 4: Uh? No?
Speaker 3: This is about an hour ago?
Speaker 1: Okay, and how did How did the experience fair for you?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean the whole thing of leading into the experience is just me being thirty five year old man, losing my life, going down the drain, getting a divorce, losing my house, losing my business, kind of just pear pressure me into doing something different tonight and around a couple of friends and they decided to see if I want to try something new, and I said, sure, why not? Have nothing else to lose the life, so let's just go for it.
Speaker 1: And wait a minute, Wait a minute. So the losing your life, you, losing business, losing divorce thing is that you? Or is that your friend?
Speaker 4: No, that's me.
Speaker 3: So I was hanging out with some friends on try to clear my head and try to wrap my head around. Unfortunately, just wind up getting wrapped around a drug that I've never done before instead.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you'll are you it says you're twenty eight? Is that a lie? You thirty five?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: Sorry, I'm just honest. So my birthdays eighty seven, so I'm thirty five.
Speaker 4: I'm just all over.
Speaker 3: Like I said, I'm staring at the white walls expaying so something I've never done before.
Speaker 1: So all right, So I mean, how about how did you? How how was the experience for you?
Speaker 4: Did you?
Speaker 1: Would you say? Would you rade it a good one or a bad one?
Speaker 3: But here it wasn't that bad. It was actually actually pretty cool. I'm actually determined whether I should try some more or not, if I should be turned to something else.
Speaker 1: Okay, well let me let's let's dive into some stuff real quick. Because you're saying all these bad things, you got to divorce, your business is failing, uh whatnot. But when you're on ecstasy, I find that you're you like, can't at least for me, I find that I can't think of anything negative. I find that my brain is only focused on all the positive feelings in life. Did you find that to be a similar thing?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I haven't really had anything. I mean, I'm in a happy mood right now. It makes me.
Speaker 1: Okay, exactly right, now I'm talking about right now, yeah.
Speaker 3: Right now. Yeah. I feel like I'm just like on top of the road and I have nothing to lose. Oh yeah, I feel like nothing can get in my way. I can just go out and do anything I want to do right now?
Speaker 1: Hm, what do you want to do? Uh?
Speaker 4: Tix my life?
Speaker 3: Try to go back up the round zero, get back to where I was. I don't know if I want to do it again, because just like I said, it makes you forget about everything in life.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Mean the only thing I've ever ever done side shying that to night to smoke a little bit of pot here and there. But tonight was the first. So I don't know if it should be a last or if I should go for it again. I just don't know. I don't have nobody, I really. I mean a lot of my friends are drug addicts, so it's not like I could term to them for my problems. So just with losing my job, I'm not having insurance, not like go see a therapist or anything. They're expensive by the pocket, and I don't have that kind of money.
Speaker 1: It's true, they are expensive. Okay, so you don't, all right, So what's the laundry list again. You you got divorced, your business is failing. There's a third thing. What's the third thing?
Speaker 3: Just a divorce, my business failing pretty much, just everything in life's going wrong pretty much. I forgot what the third thing was.
Speaker 1: The kids.
Speaker 3: I do not have kids.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's great. I feel like I've always felt like if unless if you have kids or go to jail, you can you can bounce act from anything. I think you can bounce back. What's your name, Rob, Rob? I think you can bounce back. I mean, if you had kids, you'd be fucked. But you don't have kids. That's great. So you're not really responsible for anyone except for yourself. That's great. I think you can bounce back, Rob, What do you What was the business? Can I ask?
Speaker 3: I was actually owning a power washing company. I was doing power washing and houses and stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, Why what happened to make it fail?
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I just feel like the state I live in just isn't good. Like I live in Connecticut, so it gets cold, it gets hot, you can only do it like three months four months out of the year. So I don't know. I just tried to run with an opportunity. I feel it just wasn't the right one. So I just don't know if I should try to take a different course, maybe find something else.
Speaker 1: What do you do? You have a job that you do in addition to the business, or was the business you're only income?
Speaker 3: The business was my only income?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 5: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is there a job you could pick up while you try to start a different business.
Speaker 3: I mean, I can try, but I don't know this is gonna well, I don't think ectually. I don't know if that will affect your credibility and taking the drives. I don't even think there's a drug test anymore. It's been a while to have a job. I don't even know.
Speaker 1: I kind of hold on, hold on. Well, so if you were to find another job, what would the industry be, would be like for a different power washing company?
Speaker 3: Probably truck driving?
Speaker 4: You don't want to be a truck driver?
Speaker 1: Do they drug test for truck driving?
Speaker 3: Well, I know you got to go through your CDL. So out here, I mean, I don't know how any other stages, but I know out here in Connecticut you gotta go get a CDL. If you gotta pay for school, you got to take your class you go for school for about six months to a year, depend on what cl he's going for, and uh, you know, then it all goes from there. So I'm assuming you got to apply for a company or they help you get a job from once you're out of school and everything.
Speaker 1: All right, so it's doable.
Speaker 4: Sorry, my bad?
Speaker 1: What happened?
Speaker 3: Freaking out?
Speaker 1: It sounded like you were trying to kill a fly.
Speaker 3: I don't know what the hell that was. I'm just like bugging out right now. These walls are just sleaky?
Speaker 1: Are you are? Are you? It was that? What was that noise? Just now?
Speaker 3: Oh? That was my wall? I think I just put a hole in it.
Speaker 1: Did you you punched a hole in your wall?
Speaker 4: I think so?
Speaker 3: Can't take you dark?
Speaker 1: Kay?
Speaker 4: Hmmm?
Speaker 1: Punched holes on? What? What?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 4: What?
Speaker 1: What? What? What? Who is that?
Speaker 3: What is that?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 3: My god?
Speaker 1: What's going on? What's happening here? Rob What are you saying?
Speaker 3: I don't know? There's like these black shadows everywhere?
Speaker 1: Is that, Robbie? Sure it's not just a shadow.
Speaker 3: I don't think so it's dark where I am outside?
Speaker 1: Was it you just yelling? Just now?
Speaker 3: I think I should somebody walking by my house?
Speaker 1: Are you alone or you with people?
Speaker 3: I'm alone right now?
Speaker 1: Where where?
Speaker 4: Where?
Speaker 1: Where were your friends that you were hanging out with earlier?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Branford, I think like an hour of like a half hour from where I live you.
Speaker 1: Were hanging you were hanging out with them half How How did you get home?
Speaker 3: I think I drove my cars in the driveway.
Speaker 1: Right, Rob.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm still there, Rob.
Speaker 1: I think I think I think I think you should. I think you should go to sleep? Rob?
Speaker 3: Did I take anything to go to sleeper? So I just try to fall asleep.
Speaker 1: I think you should just try to follows. I think I think you should, Rob. I think you Rob this. I'm gona tell you this. I don't think you're fucked, Okay, I I mean I would dry.
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 1: Hell is that Bro Robbie there?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Yeah, I'm still here. This thing is fretty. You're black?
Speaker 1: Rob? Who?
Speaker 3: Rob?
Speaker 1: Who are yelling at?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: I think Robot is trying to come to my house? Rob.
Speaker 1: I don't think any roped. Hello are you there?
Speaker 3: I'm still here. I'm just trying to see who's out here.
Speaker 4: Rob.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling right now?
Speaker 3: Did he Rob?
Speaker 1: You got bed?
Speaker 3: I don't even know where my bed is where's my best? Wow?
Speaker 1: Rob?
Speaker 3: Rob, I think somebody's at my door right sure, I don't know. I hear it's laming.
Speaker 1: Hell. Rob.
Speaker 3: Well all right, I don't know. I think I think it's all.
Speaker 1: Right now, Okay, are you feeling better?
Speaker 3: I just need to go smoke.
Speaker 1: I think, all right, where are your Rob? Where are you right now?
Speaker 3: I'm at my house. I think. Okay, I'm on like a porch.
Speaker 1: You're a you're on a porch.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm like on a porch with screen screened in porch them outside of the house.
Speaker 1: Kah m hm, Rob, I Rob, Man, I you sound like you're bugging out. I think you should go to sleep.
Speaker 3: I'm just smoking right now, trying to calm the nurse.
Speaker 1: All right, man, I don't bet.
Speaker 3: Okay, walk to when I just came across. Because I watched Twitch a lot and I've seen your you know, your twitch therapy diagnost. I figure maybe if I talk to somebody, just try to keep myself calm mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I think, how do you feel? How do you feel? How do you feel calmer?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I'm smoking now?
Speaker 1: If I feel okay? Good?
Speaker 2: Is there everything?
Speaker 4: Rob?
Speaker 1: Is there anything else that I can help you with before before we go.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I I appreciate everything. I think just really helped out.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, I'm glad to hear that. Rob. Listen, I'm gonna say this before we go. I really do think that I think he can bounce back. I think you should find some kind of help. I know it's hard if you don't have insurance to find a real therapist, but uh, there are a lot of ways you can do it. You know. There's local community centers, there's a you go to the university, talk to some of the graduate students there. Those are two options that I've researched before. But stay safe, man, don't don't don't don't go. Don't go too crazy you know? Of course? Of course, Man, are you feeling okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just write some motions though, but I appreciate have.
Speaker 1: A great now of course, Man, is there is there anything? Is there anything else you want to talk about before we go?
Speaker 3: That's it?
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it all.
Speaker 1: Right, Man, Listen, Like I said, I think I think it a bounce back. Rob.
Speaker 4: Thank you. That's the most positive thing anybody said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, are you who lives with you? Can I ask you that.
Speaker 3: Just me by myself.
Speaker 1: Mhm.
Speaker 3: Well, what time is it one you guys think, uh, twelve o'clock in the morning, twelve thirty.
Speaker 1: Okay, what are you What are you got going on tomorrow?
Speaker 3: I'm just gonna relax, I think, maybe play some games.
Speaker 1: Done good mm hmm. Rob, do you have ah? Do you? I know you said that your friends are you said your friends with drug addicts? Do you have like, do you have friends that that you talk to regularly who have drug addicts?
Speaker 3: Just one but he's like go all the way out with Florida mm hmm kind of far. But I mean I've talked to him sometimes who helps me, helps me through a little bit.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Do you uh? Do you have you have uh your parents that are that you have a good relationship with.
Speaker 3: I do, I do, but I don't talk to them as often.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Do they do? They live with in the same area as.
Speaker 3: You, Uh they do, about an hour about an hour away from it mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Mhm.
Speaker 3: But just a whole other subject. That's you know, just for my mother meeting a boyfriend, I mean just being with him over her own son, So you know, m h I guess I'm just trying to survive, that's all.
Speaker 1: Mm hm.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, I don't I don't know. I think I, like I said, maybe I just need some rest and just try to find myself a fair case.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: Now yeah, mm hmm, k okay, No, I don't know.
Speaker 3: There's just so much stuff mixed know what I've done.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Man, you know, look, I mean I'm at what I said. I really do feel like, uh, you know, obviously, it sounds it sounds like everything that's happened to you has been very It's like it sounds like it's a recent thing, all this stuff happening.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's been building up somewhere over the past year and nothing too pravam.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, it sounds like and I'm not a real therapist. I'm a stupid guy in a gecko costume on the internet. But it sounds like it's all happening like right fucking now, and you're like dealing with it emotionally right fucking now. So you're like really feeling the heights of all these emotions right fucking now. And all these emotions are maybe like making you feel hopeless and whatnot. But I think if you get a little bit of rest. I think if you be a little patient and you let some time go by and you let the emotions Understandably, the emotions are very high right now. But I think if and trust me on this, if you give yourself some time, you be a little bit patient, you let the emotions cool down. I can tell. And I can tell this because you started your own business before, and not a lot of people do that. I can tell that you have a a logical, ambitious mind. I think if you let the emotions kind of simmer a little bit and then you let yourself have enough time for your head to be cleared, I think that you are the type of guy that you're going to see a nice way forward for yourself.
Speaker 3: I appreciate that. Thank you. And as far as your comment about stupid right though, you know, I just feel really helped. I means, you know, I think you and McDonald's a great therapist.
Speaker 1: Well thanks, I appreciate that.
Speaker 3: No problem.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling right now? Do you feel like you're winding down? You're about to go to bed? Do you feel like you're staying up?
Speaker 3: I feel like I'm winding down. I think I might just put into the house and trying to go lay down.
Speaker 1: Okay, cool, I need to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah all right, Yeah I am home on a my house.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 3: I think I was just zoned out. Like you said, all these emotions coming together at once.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a lot. It's a lot. But just please, I don't know what you're thinking about anything, but get give be patient with yourself to let the emotional highs cool down.
Speaker 3: Okay. I think that's what Michael trying to go. Okay, good, Oh sorry, just forwarded.
Speaker 1: A nice.
Speaker 3: I think I gotta use the bathle well, thank you again for everything. I appreciate it. I'm gonna try to get some rest.
Speaker 1: Now, for sure. Rob, good luck to you. I think thank you a good path forward for you, and I really do hope you have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 3: I appreciate you too, and thank you for everything.
Speaker 1: So of course, man, you have a good night, you too, Love you bye, Love you too. Baby. I liked Rob, I did h I think I think he's gonna be okay. Sounds like a lot is going on with him. Sounds like a lot was going on with him, and I think, uh, I think if he's patient and he lets the uh emotional highs of everything that is going on with him, kind of play out their course. Then uh, he'll he'll he'll be able to use his clear headed mind to move forward.
Speaker 5: Really goes on.
Speaker 4: The line, taking your phone calls.
Speaker 3: Every night, the rely goes doing his ride.
Speaker 5: He's teaching you Cloud in the mitereal line, but he's not really an expert.