Speaker 1: Hello, Hi Scott, live from the Farmland Fresh Dairy studios. This is Serial Killers. Great to see you as per usual. What what? Oh the production's back?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Where'd you find it? In an old email? No?
Speaker 2: Good? Old engineer Jeff Nice restored all of them.
Speaker 1: He restored it. Wow. What a good dude. What a good dude? Is right? You know? I like him? Same? What's going on? Not much? What about you?
Speaker 2: Nothing? Welcome to Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm so tan.
Speaker 2: Where we talk about cereal and also my tan. We think inside the box, inside of it. Yeah, this is a very exciting episode, Andrew.
Speaker 1: Okay, you already warned me about it. You said it's going to be a lot of raisins.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, we're not going to start with the raisins. We're going to start with the good stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: This episode was supposed to be done with Danielle because you weren't here for the last two weeks and we were going to do it, but she couldn't come in on Friday. Oh, so you're going to get to try the cereal that she really desperately wanted to try.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm excited now you are? Yeah, Okay, let's go. Are you excited. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So we got this in a package, a press package about a week and a half ago. Yeah, because they reached out to me and I was like, yes, please, I want that m and they sent it and it's really awesome.
Speaker 1: Okay, show it to me, Like really, okay, you don't care? Am I supposed to be getting like a hint? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, I'm just gonna get it.
Speaker 1: What's the hint? Give me a hint? Yabba on the flintstones? Yeah? Oh my god, is this the spring Flavor ones or the no, the spring fruity pebbles?
Speaker 2: You know that's we did that last year. Okay, so, but these are pebbles.
Speaker 1: If they sent this email to the serial killer's email.
Speaker 2: These are pebbles that like, they didn't reach out to just you. They did they reached out to our email.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, I got it serial killers PC atgmail dot com, which Scott just got put on his phone in the past two years because I had to install it on the phone. And how long did it take If you go back to earlier episodes of me saying get the email and then he'd say no, no, no, I can't do another inbox. I can't do it. Anyway. Okay, cool. So I'm glad they reached out. Strawberries and Cream.
Speaker 2: This is all the rage in the Cereal world right now, Andrew all the rage. Okay it is. You can't find it in the stores just yet.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is exclusive. Oh wow, although I saw the Cereal queen over there, she's got it.
Speaker 1: Also, who's the Cereal queen? You know our friend on Instagram? Hello? Oh you don't know any of our Instagram friends.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know them.
Speaker 2: You did forever and now you don't. The milk guy and all these all these people. Yeah, Cereal, all the Cereal folk. Yeah cool, anyway. Okay, so limited edition Strawberries and Cream Pebbles.
Speaker 1: That's bubbles pebbles.
Speaker 2: Okay, now it's Rubble. Keep going Ruby.
Speaker 1: Ruby's name of my new godchild. Bam bam.
Speaker 2: I can't see who it is. So bam bam is the girl, and the girl is literally the namesake of the Cereal pebbles. Yeah, so it's rubble and pebbles.
Speaker 1: No, bam bam and pebbles.
Speaker 2: It's bam bam, rubble and Pebble's flintstone. Were you a child?
Speaker 1: Even Dino is the name of is the name of the dinosaur. And then you have Betty Wilma uh, Fred and Barney very good Andrew uh. And that's all of them. Yeah, and the great Kazoo and mister Slate. I don't know what that is. You don't know who mister Slade is. I have no clue what mister Slate is.
Speaker 2: It's Fred's boss at the quarry.
Speaker 1: Oh, that's so funny that he worked at a rock quarry.
Speaker 2: That's all they had was rocks.
Speaker 1: So true.
Speaker 2: So oh look at that.
Speaker 1: Wow. You know that just looks like it's definitely got chemicals in it.
Speaker 2: Nope, it says naturally flavored. Do you know what it looks like? Oh, artificial strawberries and cream flavor?
Speaker 1: You know what it looks like?
Speaker 2: Yes, yes I do. Can I say it and tell me if i'm's the same thing? It looks like a good humored strawberry shortcake ice cream bar Absolutely, that's the coating color. Yep, smells great though it does. Oh, smells really artificially load. But I bet it's wonderful.
Speaker 1: Jesus. Wow, that's exactly what it looks like if you crushed it up a little bit more and put it on an ice cream bar. Yeah, I believe that was the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we're gonna go back to the Farmland Fresh Dairyes, fridge a whoa, guess what percentage we're using today?
Speaker 1: Two percent? Wow. The fact that you just have an ostrich jag still there cracks me up.
Speaker 2: You want me to crack it up?
Speaker 1: No, I feel like if you were to hit someone with that, it would really hurt them. So I went to the Key Food yesterday and got the formula fresh Dairyes, two percent reduced fat milk. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And did you notice I also got myself a chocolate milk.
Speaker 1: Oh, I didn't see that. You didn't see that. I had it all over the place. You don't.
Speaker 2: You don't pay attention. Okay, I had a craving for chocolate milk yesterday.
Speaker 1: You had a hankering. No, it was a craving. Hankering.
Speaker 2: Hankering come from jeez, really, yeah, hanker for a HUNKA.
Speaker 1: We've been over this. There you go. But the fray like, you can't say like I have a hankering for this. You can.
Speaker 2: Hankering means you want it.
Speaker 1: Okay. I was just looking for like what that means.
Speaker 2: I have a hanker if you had to shut up and eat, here we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, hmm.
Speaker 2: It's interesting.
Speaker 1: It's like I don't really get strawberries and cream from it, but I like it in a weird kind of artificial way. What nobody tastes like and you're gonna say no, it doesn't well, because you're gonna say Cheetos, no, captain crunch crunchberries.
Speaker 2: How could it be?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but it tastes like crunchberries. Really, Yeah, I don't get it.
Speaker 2: I picked up Cooper from her friend's house yesterday that she was eating just a plate of cap'n Crunch, not a ball. They was just on a plate with milk. Nope, just a plate.
Speaker 1: It's just crunchberries. I have a four bowls. It's like a less fun version of a crunchberry.
Speaker 2: It's sweet and rice cereal with artificial strawberry and cream flavors. I don't really like the artificial part of it. Yeah, I do enjoy the taste. I feel like too much of the stough will kind of make you nauseous. Yeah, I love fruity pebbles all day.
Speaker 1: It does make me want to now have a crunch berry or capping crunch flaky cereal. I feel like they should go that route flaky. Yeah, like if they wanted to go like capping crunch flakes, like this is what it would almost taste like. You don't have flakes at all.
Speaker 2: I'm okay, pebbles, you get what I'm trying to Not really, you mean just a different format of cap'n crunch. Yeah, like, oh's sure, cap mos sure like life savers, they're called rings. Do you remember lifesavers holes? It was a little plastic container with just the middle part. What do you mean? Then it was just drops of it tastes like a lifesaver? There was little was it a little plastic container?
Speaker 1: Just a gimmick? I don't remember those.
Speaker 2: That was in the late eighties, early nineties probably.
Speaker 1: So why would I remember?
Speaker 2: Because they were delicious?
Speaker 1: What I wouldn't have had it if it was the late eighties there probably early Yeah. As a child, my mom gave me baby life savers. You couldn't choke on them at all? Yeah, no, for sure? No, wait do you know? Really? So I heard it and I'm not sure if this is Can you confirm or deny this? The reason why they're called lifesavers is because if you were to accidentally swallow it the whole, would you still be able to breathe if you're choking? You want to know why they're called life savers? Is that true?
Speaker 2: I mean, I mean it's probably true, but that's not why it's named lifesavers. Rel save is because it looks like a life ring, you dope from a pool.
Speaker 1: I never say. This was Jackie who said this to me, and I said, I would like to look into this because it makes no sense that if I'm choking, even if I swallow the mint hole just because it has.
Speaker 2: A hole in it, Yeah, but so air can pass through, it wouldn't block your airway?
Speaker 1: Is that true?
Speaker 2: I mean I would assume it would work.
Speaker 1: Do you want to try? No? Okay, do you want to try? On you?
Speaker 2: But I give it four balls, Andrew? I like it again.
Speaker 1: Too much of it would probably make me nauseous. I could have three four balls of fruity pebbles easily, but more than one ball of this I couldn't do. But still four balls for taste. I like it great, Okay. Next next is going to be the raisins. Andrew. Okay, I just keep eating it. It's good. Yeah. M mmmm, thank you post. Thanks post good peeps over there. Yeah, we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: Speaking of peeps. Easter on the way. The cereal is back, but we're not going to do it because we've done it. Everyone's like, aha, peeps, I mean check Cereal KILLERSPC dot com. We've done it. We're not going to do it.
Speaker 1: Such a why you really are like people are so excited to share things and you're.
Speaker 2: Like, please, it's just like a bunch of p a bunch of people. I can't have reached out and said, have you done spring crispies? I mean they're like, they're just green and blue crispies. Should we do them just because they're a different color?
Speaker 1: I mean, we do that for like, you make up your own rules as it goes. Because why did we do spring fruity pebbles? It was the same thing because they're different. Yeah, and then you just said, by your own admission, we're not going to do that because they changed the flake. But meanwhile you're like spring fruity pebbles, here we go. Yeah, you have no standards. That's a new cereal. It was okay, all right, you want to do the crispies, will do the crispies. Sure, fine, you know what's gonna taste like crispies? I got that.
Speaker 2: Also, you don't have to look. It's a group text. Oh yeah, all right. So my girlfriend was away on business and she found this. We've done tons of raisin brands, Andrew, but we haven't done Mom's Best raisin brand.
Speaker 1: Oh we've had issues with Mom's Best.
Speaker 2: I don't know if we have some of them maybe, Okay, right, didn't it used to come into bag?
Speaker 1: No, it wasn't Mom. It was the other girl. What was her name? Uh?
Speaker 2: No, the girl?
Speaker 1: Her cereal was terrible Dina? No, uh Diana, No, mother's.
Speaker 2: It wasn't mother's. It was the same kind of company. A Barbara, Yes, Barbara was Barbara. She's still around her barbe Yeah. And that's cereal.
Speaker 1: Oh what is their gimmick?
Speaker 2: What do they do Mom's Best?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just a little healthy.
Speaker 2: I think it's post Actually, to be quite honest with you, I could be wrong. But one of the big company's three sisters, Oh write three sisters. Oh, it's manufactured in Canada. Fine, good thing we got it before those teriffs kicked Lord.
Speaker 1: Baby fifty percent. This box might cost seven thousand dollars by next week.
Speaker 2: All right, it's very very feel it feel how heavy it is?
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's dense. Oh, oh good thing. I'm good at sports. Wow, you're such a sporty guy. You're the one calling the shots. You're one hundred percent in charge from the moment that sun comes up. By picking up this mom's Besseri, who've already taken a step towards making this one of your best days yet. Fun. They're telling me to sniff lemon oil.
Speaker 2: All right, so they're just plain old flakes. There's no sugar on the raisins. I don't like that because I need sugar.
Speaker 1: It smells very cardboardy.
Speaker 2: I feel like there's only one scoop in this box. Speaking up? Do you know what just randomly popped up?
Speaker 1: What? So?
Speaker 2: It was a YouTube video of you don't remember I've talked about this guy. David Horowitz from the eighties had a show called fight Back Okay, and he was like this investigative reporter for consumers away. It was a consumer whatever show, you know, like products made promises and like, oh, this elephant can sit on a cooler and not break it, you know, so they had an elephant sit on the igloo, you know what it is. So they actually had a little girl in the supermarket testing to see if there was two scoops in every box of raisin bran. And they're like, how is it possible because even the little boxes say two scoops? What size is the scooper?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: And had it turn out it turned out that there were two scoops in each box, depending on the size of the scooper you used. And then apparently somebody at Kelek said, well, there's one cup of raisins in every twenty ounce box, gotcha. Yeah, I don't know if it's still like I mean, this was the eighties, dude, old logo everything.
Speaker 1: I loved it.
Speaker 2: Of course, you know when the sun was on there with the two scoops.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my god, yeah remember his hands? Remember yeah, the sun hands. It's so cool. You just spilled milk all over your peeper Okay, oh Andrew, I missed you, did you? Yeah? These are big flakes. They don't actually look like the regular brand type. Worried. I'm a little worried, that's all I'll say. Why. I think it's gonna be a little crunchy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because yeah, like.
Speaker 1: The seem like they're gonna be a little too much and they're not gonna be as branny as we're used to. Uh uh. I don't like to consistency of flakes there, not like thin brand flakes. They're crunchy and thick. Mm hmmm mmm mm hmm. Okay, so mm hmm.
Speaker 2: This is not your typical no ma'am, good old raisin.
Speaker 1: Bran, No, ma'am, no mom.
Speaker 2: I'll give it two balls. And it's just because these are not the kind of flakes you're expecting in a raisin brand.
Speaker 1: It also there's my god, raisins. Yeah, all like clumped together and create like one gelatinous mass of just raisin and then you're just chewing and you're like it. So this is a no for me. Dog gets two balls.
Speaker 2: As far as a flake goes, you're expecting that flake has no taste. You're expecting the paper thin Kelloggs type flake, which most raisin brands are, no matter what brand it is. This one not so much.
Speaker 1: The minute you bite in to it, the flake is gone. It's like there's no taste. I'm gonna stick with two balls in a spoon. I give it two balls. Also, it was weirdly salty. Salty. I don't get that. Am I having a stroke? Yeah? I think you are all right. Well, that being.
Speaker 2: Said, we'll be back right after this. And we're back. You notice Wilber is back there right before the brig So have you got everything back? Only for two months from now it's going to be an episode of you going it.
Speaker 1: Was there and it's gone.
Speaker 2: Dude, we got it all man move into the country, eaches his back everything. Oh, the Silver Spoons theme. Remember we used to do that. I used to play TV themes and stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was when you used to do Cereal Graveyard more?
Speaker 2: Remember that? Or do we have it?
Speaker 1: Because I couldn't find it for the last one. Oh, there it is.
Speaker 2: Look, I want to do a bonus box. Last time I couldn't Serial Killers.
Speaker 1: I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, Well, next one's a bag Andrew great, also from the same store. I forget what it was. I forget it was, I forget what the store was.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I'm terrible that way. No, No, you're doing great.
Speaker 2: I don't even remember where she was. She was away for work somewhere. God, I'm terrible.
Speaker 1: What's happening? Prevagen Are you good? No?
Speaker 2: What are you saying? So this is sound a bag? Okay, Alter Eco. They're trying to be clever there, you know, because Alter Ego.
Speaker 1: Right, cashew butter organic granola, there's stores ecosystems package, not fills above to preserve integrity of the product. Okay, so it's just sweetened. It's granola, it's cashw butter organic granola. I like cashew butter, so do I.
Speaker 2: But I need it to be a little bit of chocolate in it. Okay, sweetened with fruit that is not a good thing.
Speaker 1: Oh does that mean monk fruit? I sure hope not. Oh oh yeah, we're not gonna be We're not gonna enjoy this. That granola is hearty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those big old chunks. I don't like the way it looks so much. It looks like it should be chocolate, but it doesn't say anything about chocolate. Yeah no, no, we don't answer calls during the podcast.
Speaker 1: Oh it's Nate. You want to get it? Oh, you can get it. Tell him we're busy, heine, we're recording serial killers. Okay, run Cereal three will be almost done. Okay, bye.
Speaker 2: Farther and fresh dairy is two percent. Oh, you gave me some reduced bat milk.
Speaker 1: Okay. So I always find it funny when a granola doesn't rise to the surface.
Speaker 2: That's because it's dense.
Speaker 1: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's very dense. It looks like chocolate. Let's see, hmmm, which weird. It's almost powdery right, kind of breaks apart. It's a strange consistency. It's not your typical granola.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to feel about this.
Speaker 2: It's weird almost just it just breaks apart in your mouth. I don't hate it goes away.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it.
Speaker 2: No sugar added, but I don't like it. You get it, it's like almost as like tongues of salt and rain and salty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like it instantly does in your mouth. It kind of feels like an oatmeal that you didn't microwave enough, and then you get that grainy taste. I don't taste the cashew butter at all. I did you do? Yeah, I'm gonna give it two bowls, two and a half bowls.
Speaker 2: Because two and a half bowls that we do it now.
Speaker 1: Two bowls in a spoon. I don't hate it. And I don't love it. I'd like to see other flavors to really know what's going on.
Speaker 2: To me, the consistency is strange. It was made in Houston, Texas, CIRTI woord certified organic. Oh no, sorry, it was distributed from Houston. It was made in Canada. Also very interesting.
Speaker 1: This bag also will be forty two thousand dollars in.
Speaker 2: Just there's one cashew in here. Oh no, I got to cash you in mine. Oh yeah, h I don't know what the sam I did. No one else is gonna eat that.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I'll take it home, Ashley. I'll put it on her yogurt. How much yogurt is your child having? That's what she's yogurt every day, every breakfast. Knock on a cottage she's kick, please, please please, I get. If we ever do any type of discussing dinner party with any cottage cheese thing, people will see me puke on camera. Good to know the consistency of cottage cheese revolts me. I don't the cur kurds.
Speaker 2: I still don't quite know what to think of this. I don't know what to do. Okay, it's okay, It's not a great I'm gonna also give it two bowls in a spoon. I don't like the way it just kind of goes away in your mouth. Yeah, you know it's interesting, but I don't know. So that's cool. Well, this was a great episode, Andrew.
Speaker 1: It was great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had fun with you. We need to start. We got to bring features back, I know, we keep saying.
Speaker 1: And we got to do bull chats more consistently. You have to be able to record from home. Yeah, that'd be great. Okay, let's use your home studio setups.
Speaker 2: So how do we do that?
Speaker 1: How do we do it? You just got to be available, man, I am. I am available? Oh really okay, I'll hold you to that. Maybe today even Okay, so yeah, I'll be available. Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow our goods at our milk company, farm Them Fresh Dairies. We love you, farm Land Fresh Dairies. We do. I even got a little container for next week. Cute. It is cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a it's a pint. I you know, it's bigger than a pint. If it's I guess it's probably like sixteen ounces. Okay, what would you call it? I could, I don't know because this is a half gallon. There's a quart below that, there's a pint, and there's a half pint.
Speaker 1: It's you're asking the wrong person. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You didn't grow up with milk or measurements. You didn't grow up with measurements.
Speaker 1: No, oh, I live in a measurement lists world.
Speaker 2: So Donna was like, hey, Andy, go down to the corner store. Get me a gallon of milk. Would you know what to get one? The big one?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: What I said, a quart? Would you come back with this?
Speaker 1: No, the one in the box? Well okay, yeah.
Speaker 2: I mean farm of the Fresh Adies makes it in a box and the plastic as well. Yeah, the box, it's a carton.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: They used to put the kids on it when they ran away from home.
Speaker 1: Yes, right, Johnny Gosh? What Johnny Gosh? Who was Johnny Gosh? He was the one that went missing and they put his face on the milk cart in.
Speaker 2: I don't believe. Not the first kid. No, there was just a documentary about.
Speaker 1: It about the first kid that went missing. It was a girl. Yeah, well, Johnny Gosh is on milk cartons and they never found him. But then they said that they may have found him. But then it was really scary and Adam Walsh was on a milk carton. You know what that is.
Speaker 2: No, it's John Walsh's son, America's most wanted.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. But that was really sad that ending.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, but that's why he started doing that show.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, I always remember the but I always remember the picture always being grained to the Adam Walsh. It was the baseball cap, the whole thing.
Speaker 1: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow us on Instagram at serial Killers PC. Check out the website serial Kills.
Speaker 1: Are you good? No? Say it?
Speaker 2: Finish it for me?
Speaker 1: The serial killerspc dot com has all the ratings you could send us, find out where to send us cereals, all that fun stuff. Make sure you like review and subscribe.
Speaker 2: Or what's going on YouTube by because I keep getting people complaining Andrew doesn't put videos UPO.
Speaker 1: You gotta do that. I mean. The good thing is that I won't have to do that much for much longer because someone else is going to be doing it for us. So love that.
Speaker 2: So we should do some better videos with graphics and things. Is like in terns that can do graphics and stuff. Really graphics. Yeah, you don't even know what you're saying. Have thetime just graphics.
Speaker 1: I just think that you picture like eighties like we were like no flipping in.
Speaker 2: I just know that my kids watch, you know, all videos of all these idiots Phase rug and whatever. He always has all these Yeah, because they have a team with a bunch of Now we have a twenty year old Dodo Burden being like, this is my work. We have Dodos. Please come on. I want to I want things, want people to be able to see things. Things, wheels, turning wheels, turns, milk pouring, graphics, everything.
Speaker 1: Own it all. Let's overstimulate the kids. Let me tell you something I was in Disney. The kids are getting brain rotted. It's terrible. They're watching videos that make no sense at all. It doesn't matter what it's eye catching. It's disgusting, is what it is. It'll be like opening up a milk and then it'll be like a sound effect like wow, then rainbows come out, yeah, and then a bomb that will explode and then a unicorn will run in. It's like the kids are gonna be so they're not gonna be able to focus on anything. I want rainbows to come out of the milk. Okay, do we have milk rainbows in the next episode? Great? Watch, here we go.
Speaker 2: Whoa did they put it in?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sure nice?
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, we gotta go. We'll see you next week. Until then,