Speaker 1: Second date, update date. If you go out with somebody that you really really like, how long you willing to wait and pursue them hoping to get that second date? What's your maximimy? Is it two weeks before you tap out? Four weeks?
Speaker 2: Wait, you're gonna wait.
Speaker 3: You're gonna wait that long to get a second date, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: How long you're willing to wait for it?
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say two minutes.
Speaker 1: Well, one of our listeners, Jacqueline, sent us an email saying she met a guy so amazing. She's been trying to lock down date number two for the last four months.
Speaker 4: When you said it the music chriscendo, I'm so right, Jeff.
Speaker 1: Four months to do whatever it takes. In fact, she's calling in the big guns to get it done today. And that's us. So, Jacqueline, thank you for calling at and T Welcome to the shoot.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Four months?
Speaker 3: My gosh, have you been dating other people in that time? Are you just holding out for this guy?
Speaker 5: I mean, I've like met up with some other people, but I feel like most of my brain phase is taken up by like thinking about Tom Ye, thinking about tom Yeah.
Speaker 1: He's guy. Number one in your heart right now? So Tom is his name? How did you meet him?
Speaker 3: Oh?
Speaker 5: Well that online?
Speaker 6: Like both people.
Speaker 4: Did you know as soon as you met him that there was something really special about him?
Speaker 5: I did. I got that like feeling. He's a lawyer and he is.
Speaker 1: Say no more. You have won us all over, Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: I'm not going anymore.
Speaker 3: Why you He's busy, That's why I was gonna say, and drunk, I mean lawyers like to throw back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a lot of positives that you all just said right there.
Speaker 2: So that's like your dream guy, a drunken, rich guy.
Speaker 1: I was never around perfect okay.
Speaker 4: I mean maybe he's honestly been that busy.
Speaker 3: Like when my best friend was working at one of her firms, she was billying I think like ninety hours a week.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, that's possible. So how did things get started between you and Tom, Jacqueline?
Speaker 5: Well, we have like this really good advance on the app, and we have a lot in common of like things we like to do, and he's ridiculously good looking, Like he's so good looking. At first, I was like sort of scared.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, well okay, so now it feels like it puts it into a little bit different perspective.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so like he probably has a waiting list of girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what did you guys do? Did he ask you out?
Speaker 5: Yeah? He asked me out, and he went out to dinner and he offered to pick me up, which I thought was like so sweet, but you know, I just had to look out for my safety. So so what so I like took a car service there, and.
Speaker 4: That's smart before you meet somebody.
Speaker 5: So yeah, we went to this Mediterranean place that I'd never been to. It was outside, it was really pretty at all those like little chairy light.
Speaker 4: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 5: What else he did that I loved was like one she was actually dressed properly, like I've gone on it on so many app dates and guys are just like they just came from the gym or something. And she was like waiting outside the restaurant for me, which I really black.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Fun okay, And so what about the actual date itself when you sat down to have dinner with him?
Speaker 7: How was that? It was great?
Speaker 5: We had so much like we were laughing, We had so much to talk about, Like we had to keep asking the waiter to come back in five minutes. I even looked at the venue. Oh that's a great sign, yeah, I thought, so he never took out his phone.
Speaker 1: You don't remember a lot from a date that happened four months ago. Yeah, she found every single detail.
Speaker 3: She found a lawyer that doesn't take out their phone. I think that that doesn't even exist, you.
Speaker 5: Know, yeah, like you would remember that.
Speaker 1: You said a lot of good things. Did anything bad happen on the date because it has been a long time since you guys hung out.
Speaker 5: No, I don't think anything bad, like because I've been running it over and over in my mind. The only thing I can think is like, I wish I could sell your picture. But like his jaw is so shizzled. I was like I kept saying, like, are you sure you don't mew?
Speaker 3: And you you don't mew the exercise to make your chin better?
Speaker 5: Yes, And he didn't know what I was talking about, so like I had blinks him.
Speaker 1: Can you explain it to some of the listeners who don't know what that is?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so you make like the mew sound, You're like new me and it like kind of defines your job.
Speaker 2: Muscles.
Speaker 1: Anywait, where were you doing that to show him? During the date.
Speaker 3: Yeah, any moment like you were trying to be funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean he's sort of couple. But I mean he did look at me like what are you doing? But like it wasn't like I didn't stand up on the table and do it for eadly, But.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, I'm sure lawyers love to be on a eight with cats.
Speaker 3: Basically, oh come on, she just beamed playful, like you don't want to date somebody that's super serious and can't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe she like pulled like a ball of string around on the table too, very playful.
Speaker 2: She's like, you know, hold on, I'm going to get this hair ball.
Speaker 1: So was there any like romantic stuff that happened on the day. Was there a kiss?
Speaker 5: Maybe there wasn't, unfortunately, but he did say you wanted to see me again and gave me a really long, tight, tight hug.
Speaker 3: So she's still living in that embrace. Have you had zero contact with him since some were.
Speaker 1: Yet you know what's happened the last four months?
Speaker 5: Well, at first I texted him a little bit more. He said he wanted to see me again and everything, and then his birthday was two weeks ago, so I texted him for that.
Speaker 4: Why do you know that?
Speaker 3: I know it.
Speaker 1: Her brain naturally. Okay, So now it's been four months since that dinner date with this lawyer guy, and you've come to us hoping that we can get him to agree to a second date.
Speaker 4: Yea, all right, you have.
Speaker 2: To be on your a game because this is a lawyer. We maybe you get a show.
Speaker 4: Maybe we just say this is a belated birthday present.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that won't creep him out at all. Let's do that and when we come back and get your second date update right.
Speaker 6: After this second date update.
Speaker 1: Four months. Most people don't wait that long to reach out to us trying to score another date. But our listener, Jacqueline is a unique individual.
Speaker 4: Hey, and she met a unique man.
Speaker 1: She figured out that man's birthday happened recently and won't tell us how she knew that, But that really doesn't matter. The bottom line is this, Her date Tom was very attractive. He's a lawyer, so duh, she wants to see him again.
Speaker 4: No, the real connection, Jeffrey. It wasn't just that she.
Speaker 1: Really enjoyed him, but her first two points to us were he's beautiful and a lawyer to help her. He doesn't even have to mete for that, Jawain. That's all natural, baby, But the big problem is he's not reaching back out to her in the last four months. So we're gonna try and change that for you today, Jacqueline, how you doing.
Speaker 6: I'm good.
Speaker 5: How are you guys?
Speaker 4: I don't know that I was totally clear. Did he ever hit you back at all?
Speaker 3: Just?
Speaker 2: Zero?
Speaker 4: I mean, honestly, I don't want you to be like her if he doesn't remember who you.
Speaker 2: Are months ago total.
Speaker 1: But at the same time, I haven't reached back to my mother in the last like four to five years, so that doesn't necessarily mean that it's completely dead.
Speaker 2: No, she is looking for.
Speaker 4: You actively though, And do you know her first name?
Speaker 1: You know what? Come back to me at the end of the segment and.
Speaker 2: I'll remember actually exactly.
Speaker 1: But let's give this guy Tom a call. Tom the lawyer will see if he answers. Are we calling his cell phone?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I gave you his cell phone and he's definitely going to remember me.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's positive. I like that.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm not sure if I like the way that you said that, but okay, we're gonna style it.
Speaker 7: Here we go, Hello, is it Tom?
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 1: Hi, Oh, you're so formal. Answer your phone professional. Yeah, Hey Tom, nice to meet you. We're a radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning. Do you have a second?
Speaker 2: Hello, Thomas?
Speaker 1: Okay, did you hang up too much?
Speaker 7: Hello? Tom?
Speaker 4: Are you there?
Speaker 7: I'm here? I'm sorry. Who is this?
Speaker 1: My name is jeff from a award winning radio show called Brook and Jeffrey in the.
Speaker 4: Warn That's actually true.
Speaker 1: It happened a long time ago, but it.
Speaker 4: Happens when the book City everyone has one.
Speaker 7: You're on the radio right now, man, That's what the call is regarding.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's a great question actually regarding you and your dating life with a woman that you went out with about four months ago named Jacqueline.
Speaker 6: Jacqueline.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, do you remember Jacqueline? She definitely remembers you.
Speaker 1: You guys met online and went out to like a restaurant.
Speaker 4: Oh it was mediterranean Mediterranean food.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, she.
Speaker 1: Loved your jaw.
Speaker 6: I yes, I do remember who you were talking about.
Speaker 7: Yees.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, I got a little laugh out of you. Were you thinking about calling her back?
Speaker 6: I know if I'm being completely out Okay.
Speaker 4: It's okay, we hear that sometimes is there a reason.
Speaker 6: Why I'm not gonna be calling Jacqueline back. I'm gonna be up staying away from her. Oh, it was it was strange.
Speaker 4: What was strange?
Speaker 7: The date?
Speaker 6: Well, the date, No, the date was fine. We had a lovely time her out.
Speaker 4: That's good.
Speaker 6: The problem was that she was overly forward after the date.
Speaker 1: What do you mean what happened after?
Speaker 6: Jacqueline was leaving voicemails at my place of work. Oh, she knew I was an attorney and apparently found out where I worked.
Speaker 7: Ill.
Speaker 1: She said that you weren't answering her, and so she was trying to reach you anyway possible because she was really really excited about the potential for you guys's relationship.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Did that feel like a boundary that was cross there for you? Okay?
Speaker 3: Did you tell her though, because you know, people who maybe don't work in your line of field don't feel the same.
Speaker 6: Well, after about the fourth or fifth voicemail, I remember she did get in contact with my secretary.
Speaker 4: And what did she say to her?
Speaker 6: My secretary had her on the line and I had to, you know, fib and say I'm extremely busy with the case, which, truth be told, I was busy with the case. But the other issue with all of this is that I never gave Jacqueline the information of what law firm I work at.
Speaker 4: How did she fight you LinkedIn?
Speaker 7: You know, I do not know off the top of my head.
Speaker 6: I did not inquire about.
Speaker 7: Her further into this, I guess lately.
Speaker 6: Okay, kend just wrote that off. I found that it was a little bit of a really intrusive move. I'm being out that.
Speaker 4: It'd be good for her to hear.
Speaker 1: Definitely a little odd. Yeah, and uh, I'm sorry that she I know you said you're trying to avoid her. Sorry, we made kind of an oops because she's actually on the phone with us right now in the other line listening to this.
Speaker 4: She heard all that.
Speaker 1: What Yeah, that's that's how this segment works, and she's wanting to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey guys, Hey cherry mom. I'm so happy that, like I get to hear your voice.
Speaker 7: I'm cut a while, Jacqueline, what are you doing?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: I was just trying to get ahold of you because I've been thinking about you and I have such a good time when we went out, and he said you wanted to see me again, So.
Speaker 6: I did at a certain point. But this is getting borderline stalker behavior. This is insane.
Speaker 7: You're using a ratation.
Speaker 6: To contact me.
Speaker 7: I'm working right now. I thought this was a client.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'm so sorry. But if you would have gotten back to me, like I wouldn't have called them. And I think stalker is like way overblown. I've left a couple of messages that your work.
Speaker 2: Say that often it's not technically jack.
Speaker 7: If it's not stalkers, how did you find out where I work?
Speaker 1: Actually, that's a good question.
Speaker 4: It's going to be hard to win an argument against the lawyer right now.
Speaker 5: Okay. In my defense, it was so simple, like all your pictures on the app, Like I saw that there was one picture of you outside the courtyard and you could see the courthouse across the street. So all I did was go on Google find the courthouse, and then I knew you were working in the building across from it. So you know, I called the couple of different law firms, well I find you.
Speaker 4: That made it sound worse, are you?
Speaker 1: You did detective work based on a picture on his profile?
Speaker 5: Yeah, all ladies will do that, Like you look for contract clues in the pictures.
Speaker 4: I can't voicemails.
Speaker 2: You're saying, so you do it, but you just where's the harm? I don't tell them.
Speaker 1: You can't leave the evidence behind that you've been okay.
Speaker 5: I wouldn't have left voicemails if you would have just returned my call. And you know he had mentioned that he wasn't really loving his new secretary, so I thought, maybe you didn't love Wait did you just say he didn't like his new secretary? He mentioned that when we had dinner.
Speaker 7: To be the new secretary.
Speaker 1: Tom, can you see how maybe you've brought some of this upon yourself? Stop it, But at a bare minimum, you have to be impressed with how she was able to figure out where.
Speaker 4: Or scared Jeffrey.
Speaker 7: This is insane.
Speaker 5: New section me Tom on the date, what's your best quality? And I said, I'm determined, and so I think I'm proving, but I was determined to get a hold of you again.
Speaker 3: You know there's a good side and a bad side to every quality.
Speaker 5: Tom, I'm gonna have to like disagree with you about your secretary because she's totally friendly. When I call.
Speaker 2: There, she's still there, we can confirm, not for long.
Speaker 4: If she keeps giving out Tom's information.
Speaker 5: I found his information. I figured that all out on my own to like find a lot credit for that. O.
Speaker 1: He's not impressed, Tom, Maybe he'll be impressed if you wish him happy belated birthday right now.
Speaker 7: What are you talking about.
Speaker 1: Let's figure out it's your birthday. That's called persistence.
Speaker 4: I thought she texted you the birthday message.
Speaker 6: I blocked her a long time ago. I don't see anything she sends to me.
Speaker 1: Why he didn't get the message? You better tell it to him. Better wish him happy birthday right now?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Or better yet, you can wish him happy birthday when you meet face to face for your second date, a date that we will pay for if Tom agrees to it. What do you think Tom?
Speaker 6: Absolutely not.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I think that's a pretty clear message.
Speaker 1: Well, are you sure you want to say that, because I'm pretty sure Jacquelin's on the other side of the door from wherever you are right now, so you might want to say yes, Just say yes.
Speaker 2: We'll go right now.
Speaker 7: I would not be surprised at this point.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god, Jacqueline, you do understand what he's saying.
Speaker 5: Right, Yeah, No, I get it. I mean there was a couple of times, Like one of my friends wanted to meet for lunch and she sort of lived over by that courthouse, like down that way. So we went and we had lunch, trying to maybe run into Tom and I didn't.
Speaker 1: Oh no, there's.
Speaker 4: More than one crazy of you.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't want Jacqueline to leave this phone call empty handed. That's why, Jacquelin, we're going to offer to send you out to lunch with Tom's secretary. Did you get a long.
Speaker 5: Thank you?
Speaker 6: Please don't go to lunch with my secretary, please, brooked Jeffrey in the morning,