Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, Joey Sweetened Andrew Barber. I know that was impressive because I know with your cold voice and everything, my.
Speaker 2: Cold, that's that's my Jodie Sweetened rendition on day quill.
Speaker 3: Ooh ooh, yeah, that's that's interesting.
Speaker 2: I don't know if it helps or hurts my voice, because it's you know, it can kind of hit those high notes a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, I don't even know if it's yeah, you can hit them, but also you don't care if you can, you know what I mean. Like you're on DAL You're like, everything's great and it's fine, yeah, and then somewhere around like six pm, you're like, oh no.
Speaker 3: It's all worse. So yeah, we'll just get through this. I'm sorry you're sick though.
Speaker 2: Oh it's fine. It's more it's just annoying. It's not bad. It's just like, why do I have a cold. It's it's probably because our weather is so wacky. Yeah, it rains, it's hot, it rains, it's hot, very true. You know this weather southern California is confused.
Speaker 3: It is. It is very convinsient weather. It is very confused. Well, I spent my morning, uh chasing down a school bus. So that was how I started. Were you not on.
Speaker 2: Training to catch a kid or put a kid on?
Speaker 3: Put a kid on it?
Speaker 1: Because you know, the bus comes to like the stop that is at the end of our street, right and Zoe rides us.
Speaker 3: She goes to school a little bit further.
Speaker 1: And then getting beat to her school and every way, so anyway, it couldn't be easier though it's at the end of our street. So of course what happens is is that, you know, originally first day of school, she was out the door of six fifty now it's six fifty five. Was morning, it was like six fifty eight, and I'm like, let's go. By the time we get in the car and are pulling down the street, I literally see the bus just pulling away and I was like oh and she's like, oh no, we missed it. And I was like, well, we were about to catch it at the next stop. So and I was like, where does it go? She was like burbank. I was like, oh god, so no. So I'm like, okay, So it's you know, it's a little bit of a track, not terrible, not all the way to school, but you know, it was it's so and the best word is is I'm like basically chasing down this school bus. I'm sure the school bus star was like why is this car following me everywhere?
Speaker 3: Like what's happening?
Speaker 2: So you weren't on foot?
Speaker 3: Okay, no, no, no, no, no no. Fifteen minutes to the next bus stop.
Speaker 1: Over by Warner Brothers actually, and then of course the next bus stop is like near somebody's house, but that kid wasn't getting on the bus today, so they by passed that bus stop to get to the next one, and She's like looking up the bus stops and I'm like, oh my god, oh god, because part of it was also like I'm just no, you're getting on the bus if I have to chase it the next stop. So I finally got on it, and then it was like, you know, tuck and roll out of the car and get on the bus.
Speaker 2: So that's like a full fledged stunt at seven am. Wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it was.
Speaker 1: I was stunt driving, you know what I mean, chasing like it was like speed, I was chasing a bus, but luckily I wasn't gonna blow up. It was just I was if she didn't make it to the bus.
Speaker 2: So look, I know how much you want to meet Keanu Reeves, but this is not the way to do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think the bus driver looks like Keanu Reeves.
Speaker 2: Though, Oh bummer, yeah, yeah, no, it's always gonna get her a license. But come on, we're on the countdown now, time to get.
Speaker 3: Well, that's what she said.
Speaker 1: She was like, well, if I had my license, I was like, first of all, let's settle down. You still that would require freeway drive a whole week and need to Let's just let's just get on the bus on time.
Speaker 3: And well, that's right. And of course I'm sure she'd be like, I can't believe you tell that story, but I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: So she's not gonna she gonna she's not gonna listen. My kids don't listen to this.
Speaker 3: Well, she won't listen. But someone might.
Speaker 2: Tell her I don't like a friend. Yeah right right right, Well we're not safe. We're never safe.
Speaker 1: Now. I posted pictures that I thought had been were fine, and she had seen there and apparently there were pictures she didn't like that I posted it.
Speaker 3: I was like, well, here, we are too bad.
Speaker 2: Well, this is that's just teenage, that's teenage hood. They don't like anything that you do. It doesn't matter what you do.
Speaker 3: They hate it. Oh, no, existing is they don't breathe.
Speaker 2: You're breathing too hard.
Speaker 1: So anyway, that was how I started my morning. Uh, and I don't think I've had nearly enough coffee. Oh and speaking of coffee, I realized I'm drinking out of a fan gift.
Speaker 3: Oh that's I can't read our minisode.
Speaker 1: It's two sided, and it says I do all my own stunts. Oh that's great, the falling down person. And then the other side says it's going to be okay from when I broke my tibia several seasons ago.
Speaker 2: So that's so appropriate that never has there been a more appropriate mug for you, Jodie Sweeten That something about breaking bones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's getting I see all my own stunts unplanned.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm glad that your bones are all in one piece and that the kids are off at school.
Speaker 3: Everyone's right, everything's fine, everything.
Speaker 2: Is fine, Everything is awesome.
Speaker 3: Oh, such a great movie, such a good love Lego movies.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, obviously, yeah, well, should we get into it. I don't know, I got nothing to say, nothing going on.
Speaker 1: I'm just you're like, I'm just trying to get through doing this podcast with a cold, and I still have allergies, so I sound like Also, yeah, it's again where everyone's getting to experience what we're like in the springtime, which is sniffly sorry.
Speaker 2: Fan Ritos, but this is this is what you get, this is what you're tuned in for.
Speaker 1: We're gonna be getting all sorts of home remedies for how to treat nasal congestion.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll take it. I mean I got my I got my throat coat tea. Oh yeahs my funny and lemon in there. Okay, Well, welcome back to how Rude Tannerrito's. I am Andrea Barber.
Speaker 3: And I am Jodie Sweeten, and.
Speaker 2: Today we are discussed. I've seen season two, episode eighteen, Goodbye Mister Bear. Like just the.
Speaker 3: Title alone, I know, the title alone has so sad.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It originally aired on March twenty fourth, nineteen eighty nine, and it goes little something like this, The loss of a beloved teddy bear prompts fond recollections of the girl's mother.
Speaker 3: And I forgot that that was.
Speaker 1: Like that.
Speaker 3: We see yeah, we see Pam. Yet we see Pam in this episode I.
Speaker 2: Had never seen this time. This was my first time watching this episode because I wasn't in it, so I watched it with fresh eyes and I was like, wow, this is a heavy, heavy episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was.
Speaker 2: Really good one, really good one. Though. It was directed by Jack Shay. I don't remember him. This is only one of two episodes he directed.
Speaker 3: You remember him? Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 2: He only directed two episodes of Full House, but get this. He directed ninety two episodes of Silver Spoons. Oh, and twenty two episodes of The Ropers, which is the spinoff of Three's Company.
Speaker 3: I love this guy, I mean I love The Ropers.
Speaker 2: And one hundred and ten episodes of The Jeffersons. Like this guy's got street cred?
Speaker 3: Yeah right, Like, how did Full House moving on?
Speaker 2: Up? Okay, right, thank you, Jack Shay. This episode was written by Kim Weisakoff, and we've got some great guest stars again. Once again we have Yvonne Wilder as Grandma Kitzopolis, Nick Apria as Grandpa Kitzopolis, and Christy Mossman as Pam Kitzopolis. Tanner Ah, we finally get to see Yeah so Christy is known for Spencer for Hire T J. Hooker, La Law and night Writer. Again, we are getting an influx of actors from night Writer.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Well, and also some also some great eighties shows.
Speaker 2: Listen excellent, Yeah, excellent. This is her only appearance on Full House, the only time we see Pam. Wow. So this is a very impressive episode.
Speaker 1: And I feel like maybe I'm wrong, but I think it's a different Pam than is in the pictures.
Speaker 2: I think so too. It looks like a different like they're.
Speaker 1: Both it's a different blonde, but it's definitely a different woman that's than is in the pictures that are on the mantle.
Speaker 3: Yeah behind us, Yeah, oh for sure.
Speaker 2: This is the continuity you know there.
Speaker 3: We were radio. You just see the you know, a faraway blonde.
Speaker 2: Head really in those true. And lastly, but not least, we have Wendell J. Grayson as Policeman. He's known for guest appearances on Murder. She wrote Highway to Heaven, and he did eighteen episodes of a soap opera called Santa Barbara.
Speaker 3: Ah.
Speaker 2: So all right, okay, let's get into it. Uh. We start in the teaser, we start, good goodness, this is here we go?
Speaker 3: Well, here we go. We do start in a teaser.
Speaker 2: We can start in a teaser or we're starting with a teaser. In Michelle's room, Yes, miss Shelle is playing with a ballerina music box, singing baby baby, baby Baby.
Speaker 3: I'm not kidding.
Speaker 1: When she first was singing baby baby Baby, I was like, is she singing Justin Bieber?
Speaker 2: That's what it says like I wrote that.
Speaker 1: I literally wrote, did Michelle write baby by Justin Bieber?
Speaker 2: The or did Justin Bieber?
Speaker 3: Car did Justin Bieber?
Speaker 2: Cos?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Right, we need to have words with Justin Bieber. Do you remember I'm already going off track. We are not even through the teaser yet. Do you remember when we did the Ellen Show and Justin Bieber was on that episode too, so he was backstage, Yes, And I went up to him and asked for a selfie with the she wolf pack in him and he was very gracious, but he did decline. He's like, oh, I'm sorry, I don't do something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he doesn't. He doesn't do pictures, And I, yeah, I can only imagine.
Speaker 2: Because once you do one, then it's just like a domino effect in everything.
Speaker 1: And like yeah, and I yeah, I can imagine why but I but I now have a question to be like, excuse me, sir, did you were you influenced by this very brief and weirdly random teaser in Full House?
Speaker 3: Because he sounds just like it?
Speaker 2: Okay, okay, So next time we see him at the backstage at a talk show, we're asking.
Speaker 1: Now we're adding the list of things that Full House created work from home?
Speaker 2: What was the other one? Work from home?
Speaker 1: But writing a Justin Bieber song decades before he was even born, well least did decade or so before he was born.
Speaker 2: I'm taking credit for this. I wasn't even in this episode, and I like full House credit gets credited for baby Baby Baby. Okay, it sounds like it sounds exactly the same. So Jesse walks in and Michelle commands you sing. He points out that it's her song, so she should keep singing. Michelle beggs peace, and Jesse obliges, singing Baby Baby Baby. Michelle immediately holds up her hand and says, stop my turn. She's really into this bossy phase, you know, Like I've noticed the last few episodes. She's very bossy, but it's cute. She can get away with it. She begins to sing her song and Jesse shrugs. You wrote it, you know how to sing it, and we're out there.
Speaker 1: And then he leaves the room and then leaves the toddler alone again.
Speaker 2: She's frequently alone in.
Speaker 3: Her She's fruually alone, usually in the crib with.
Speaker 1: The lights on, to play right with a potentially breakable object, right with a glass ceramic with Yeah, ceramic objects, Yeah, that's always safe creating songs. And but Jesse at least did walk in to briefly check on her for no real apparent reason and then leave, So.
Speaker 2: Like, why didn't Jesse sing with her? Like, of all the people in the house who are musically inclined, Jesse is the one.
Speaker 1: That's Yeah, I was like, why wouldn't Jesse sing? Although he looked like he was leaving somewhere, he had a jacket on sort of, I mean.
Speaker 2: Oh, he did look nice. He looked a little dressed up.
Speaker 3: But that's an unanswered question.
Speaker 1: In this teaser, it just felt it felt very strange and sort of like, I don't know, makers saying baby, And then.
Speaker 2: These teasers are getting more random and yeah, I think it's. Uh. Whatever the Olsons were doing that week, they're like, great, let's take that they're saying they learned the word baby. Let's put that in the teaser. That's right, the Genesis of all teasers.
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 2: So next we're in the living room. The whole family is gathered on the carpet, surrounded by cleaning supplies. Danny greets them as his troops, saying it is now oh seven hundred and it's time to attack the enemy. He names their targets as grease, grime, slime, and sludge, he jokes, and that's just Joey's room. But Joey's not impressed. He doesn't even give him a chuckle.
Speaker 3: At seven am on a weekend, this.
Speaker 2: Is like, Dan, oh, they've really gone. They've really leaned into the clean impression.
Speaker 1: By how well groomed the children are at seven am on a weekend morning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're trying hairs, they're dressed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who got them ready? Because you know, you know it wasn't the guys.
Speaker 1: Kids are I'm telling you, these kids, they're moving furniture, they're running a hair salon. If they're they're accomplishing things early true. Apparently they are mourning people.
Speaker 2: This is gen X. You know, gen X is very self reliant. We have the Horatio algers of our general we are like no, like our parents, we were latch key kids, weren't home like come home in the lights when the street light comes on, like we cared for ourselves. So yeah, yeah, this is this is a touchstone of our generation. So Danny yells out to his squad what is dirt and Michelle shouts back, dirt bad. Steph whispers to DJ, Dad's really into spring cleaning, isn't he? And DJ compares spring cleaning to Christmas in Danny's eyes. Joey asks for permission to whine, and Danny denies his request. Joey refers to him as your spotlessness. Meanwhile, Jesse's asleep. Danny yells at him to look alive and that way him right up. Jesse mentions he was having a wonderful dream. They hired a cleaning service. Danny dismisses them to go to their assignments. Joey leads the march, chanting, if we find her, we will attack and we get Danny. We'll get Danny off our back. Sound off one two, sound off, and Michelle chimes in, yeah, this is a cute scene.
Speaker 3: I mean very cute.
Speaker 2: It's funny like it's it's lame, a little cringey, but I love it, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean it was a full house, so it was full house.
Speaker 1: Like I'll take silly over silly, lame over people making out randomly in the living room anytime.
Speaker 2: True, So true, I agree with that. I will take this any day.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, I mean, with all the making out that they do, all of us, you should you should wipe down some surfaces, saying, I mean, you.
Speaker 2: Know, yeah, yeah, it's yeah, nothing wrong with being clean. Nothing wrong. So next we're in stephan DJ's room. Steph is talking to mister Bear, telling him part of spring cleaning is giving the toys they don't play with anymore to charity. DJ walks into the room with Michelle, who excitedly shouts toys when she sees the pile on their floor. DJ tells her, before we give any of these toys away, is there something you want here? Michelle points to mister Bear, I want that. She hauls mister Beer over her shoulder and starts to walk out of the room until Steph yells freeze Bear Napper. Michelle cutely gasps, who me. Steph takes back mister Bhaer and explains he's not a toy. He's one of the family.
Speaker 3: He really is. He is. I mean he deserves a title credit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he deserves his own credit and recording. Yeah, hi, mister Bear. Yeah, he deserves to be like the third co host of this of this episode, because it's all about him, you know. DJ snarks if mister Bear is related to anyone in this room, it's the mattress. Steph holds up mister Bear and says, mister Bear says, how rude. She drops mister Bear on the floor next to her giveaway pile of toys. Then Joey walks in with trash bag, asking what stuff is going to charity. DJ points him to the pile near Stuff's bed. Joey picks up Michelle and asks the girls, are you sure you want to give away this baby doll? He calls her baby giggle tummy because when he presses on Michelle's tummy, she giggles. Danny Waltz is in, telling Joey they need to get going because the truck is waiting downstairs. Joey salutes him and gets to work. Danny grabs Stuff, telling her to come with him. She's the only one small enough to clean behind the refrigerator.
Speaker 3: Eh.
Speaker 2: Right, this feels like some DRD late Danny, Danny's very serious about spring clean.
Speaker 1: Well, they probably suspended stuff from some sort of wiring and just like dropped her back there.
Speaker 2: And yeah, you know what, that's not a bad idea.
Speaker 1: Jimney sweeps were often children because you you know, you have to be small to fit the chimney.
Speaker 3: So that's basically that's the equivalent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Danny's got you know, built in, built in helpers just to help with all of his cleaning obsessions.
Speaker 3: Oh for sure.
Speaker 2: So next in the kitchen, Danny is admiring how spotless the kitchen is as Michelle plays with her toy kitchen. He tells her my kitchen is immaculate and asks how she's doing with her kitchen. Michelle responds, dirt gone, and she scrubs the surface with a sponge.
Speaker 1: Which, by the way, I guess this is maybe we'll come back to this for my everywhere you look.
Speaker 2: Well I didn't. I did not. I didn't see any everywhere he looks in this scene, so this.
Speaker 3: Will be okay.
Speaker 1: Well, it was in reference to the line if you look at the kitchen that Michelle is cleaning. You can see there's like a big dirty handprint on it somewhere, so it like doesn't dirt.
Speaker 2: Is not gone?
Speaker 3: Yeah clean?
Speaker 2: Ye's I just noticed she's she's eighteen months or two, she's you know, she she hasn't quite learned all of the tricks of the trade, but the cleaning trade. So it's true interesting okay, But.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she was like dirt gone, and I was like, I.
Speaker 2: Look again, look again, Michelle.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Danny reminds her dirt gone, but never forget dirt come back. He bends down to clean dirt off the floor, and Jesse slides across the countertop very quickly. He comments on the newly waxed countertop and Danny thinks him for buffing it. Jesse tells Danny he's all finished cleaning, and then Jesse accidentally rips off the handle to one of the drawers in the kitchen. Danny tells him he ruined the entire place.
Speaker 1: Do you think has Danny never replaced a handle on a right?
Speaker 3: She ruined the entire place?
Speaker 2: Overreacting big time? Here is this the origin of the phrase flew off the hand like he flew off the handle. Well, this is it you've created.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is this, we created that as well.
Speaker 1: Right, this is where it started, was held off. It was he flew off at the handle, but we dropped the at, so it was just he flew.
Speaker 3: Off the handle.
Speaker 2: And that's where full house is.
Speaker 3: Just revolutionary things we've done, truly.
Speaker 2: Jesse assures him he'll take care of it. He tells Danny that the next time he sees this kitchen it'll be back to perfect. Now you go, what's the setup?
Speaker 3: Yep?
Speaker 2: Jesse asks Michelle if she wants to go for a ride in the car, and Michelle Frown's car dirty. Jesse glares of Danny, I hope you're proud of yourself, before scooping up Michelle and taking her with him to the hardware store. Steph runs down the stairs in a panic, asking if Danny has seen mister Bear. She can't find him anywhere. Danny tells her mister Bear has got to be around here, somewhere. Maybe Joey has an idea. Steph gets serious, if you see mister Bhaer before I do tell him he's in very big trouble. She runs off to do.
Speaker 3: So like a true parent.
Speaker 1: Yeah right, she who's your kid, You're like, tell them when you find them that I'm glad they're not lost, but I'm also very up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, he's causing a lot of worry, you know. So DJ walks in with her karate uniform on, saying that she and Danny need to leave so they can make it to her karate match on time. This might be the most consistent the show has ever been like this karate, you know, through line like, she's been doing karate for two seasons now. I'm impressed that they right, I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: I still don't think they ever showed her how to properly hold her hand while doing karate, but she has been doing it for a very long time.
Speaker 3: Other than like Steph.
Speaker 1: And her dancing, true, yeah, no, this is this is but we haven't seen a lot of the Steph dancing yet.
Speaker 2: Oh oh no, that's coming. That's coming in the lake.
Speaker 1: I feel like those were two things that definitely Yeah, the karate, karate for for details, Yeah, held on for a while.
Speaker 2: I'm impressed. It's uncommon for a sitcom to be that consistent.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So DJ leads Danny out of the kitchen into the living room, and Danny stops her. Joey is there and Danny asks him if the living room is ready for inspection. Joey replies, yes, your neurotic compulsiveness. Danny admits this might look beautiful to the naked eye, but it must pass the Tanner test for tidiness. Oh I say that five times right. You know, Bob probably hated this episode, like.
Speaker 3: It's so overboard with the cleaning thing.
Speaker 2: I'm just creaming. I'm like poor probably was like I hate this for sure hated this. Danny runs a finger across the logs in the fireplace and Joey tells him he cleaned every single one. Danny grabs Joey and squeezes him. Life doesn't get any better than this, My goodness, dj throws them a look, grabs her dad and forces him out of the house, saying Christmas is over. Joey tells him he'll stand guard while Danny is gone, make sure no dust settles. Once the door closes and they're gone, Joey gets up on the couch with his shoes on and jumps out, No, it's payback.
Speaker 3: Shoes on the couch.
Speaker 2: It's a passive aggressive payback.
Speaker 3: You know, I know it is a passive aggressive payback. It is, and I yeah, I guess.
Speaker 1: You know, Honestly, if I were living in the house with Danny as an adult and he was like, this is you have to do clean the logs on the fireplace, I also would probably jump up on the couch.
Speaker 2: It's just a it's a small act of rebellion. And Danny doesn't he doesn't know any any any He's none none the wiser, you know, why not go for Joey, I appreve Danny.
Speaker 1: Poor Danny must just work himself into a tizzy though. Over all this dirt and I feel like it's yeah, like it's almost bordering on germophobe like you know what's uh.
Speaker 2: I don't understand that the genet, Like I know in season one he was all He's like, oh the moms are coming back. Yeah, this is a compulsiveness that goes even beyond that. So well, ideologically it get very interested.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Some people go to like the sort of towards the hoarding extreme at loss, and maybe Danny went a little bit more towards the like super controlled uh cleaning.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's the what we're going with.
Speaker 1: Well, he lost and did definitely evolved over time, we did not this Danny did not exist true when first although grief, you know.
Speaker 2: He can't think he lost his wife. These two Bozo's moved in like he's he's not in control of a lot of things in his life, so he can control how clean the house is.
Speaker 3: Got it?
Speaker 2: And that's okay. I kind of get that, you know, I get like rage cleaning.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I definitely like my things organized.
Speaker 2: I kind of get it, like not to this degree, but I understand. Next to her in stephan DJ's room, Joey walks into a very disheveled room while Steph is yelling where is mister bear? Where she's digging through her pile of stuffed animal and says, there is not a bear in the bunch. She urges call the FBI, call the police, call me a cab. I've got a bear to find. Joey stops her before she can run out and tells her to calm down and take a deep breath. She does this, she's told, but instead of exhaling, she keeps holding her breath.
Speaker 3: He said to take it, but he didn't say to let it out.
Speaker 2: He wasn't very specific. Joey instructs her to breathe out, and so she does. Joey asks when was the last time she saw mister Bear, and Steph remembers he was sitting on her bed helping her sort her toys. Joey nods, remembering the same thing. Steph asks, you didn't give away mister bear, did you? Joey avoids this question. He tells Steph to keep looking while he tries to track down mister Bear. Steph puts her hands together in a prayer and looks up at the sky.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 2: I hate to bother you. I know you got a lot of stuff to do, but mister Bear is missing. So just squeeze in one little miracle. I'll be a happy camper. Joey watches the whole thing and gives a sad, guilty smile. He knows, like he knows where this is going that he might be.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm surprised that Joey picked up the bear and put him in the bag in the first.
Speaker 3: Place, right, Who doesn't know that this is.
Speaker 2: A beloved bear?
Speaker 1: Like come on, yeah, you know, I mean, sometimes people don't pay attention, so maybe or maybe Michelle put it in the back. Well, oh, well, hold on, what I'm not gonna I'm not gonna spoil it again.
Speaker 3: Spoiler alert, don't scamle it or I'm not gonna spoil it, so we'll get there.
Speaker 2: Next we're in the living room and Danny is congratulating DJ on her win, adding that her opponent was twice her size. She thanks him, but adds, the next time I win, don't try and start a wave. DJ exits to the kitchen and we see the kitchen is a mess. There are no doors on any of the cabinets or drawers, and Jesse is sanding wood. DJ admits, I'm glad I'm not a part of this. Jesse didn't expect them to be back so early. He asks DJ for a favor, keep your pop out of this kitchen for three or four days. DJ tells him to work fast, maybe she can get him three or four minutes. She runs back into the living room to stall and Danny tells her he's going to start dinner. DJ walks him to the front door instead, saying they should get Chinese food. Danny offers Chinatown, but DJ offers, let's go to China.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're all authentic, and we'll keep us out of the.
Speaker 2: House for three to four days at least.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Danny walks towards the kitchen so they can look at the menu for takeout. Before DJ can stop him, he walks through the kitchen doors and immediately walks right back out. He is stunned. Face Bos's face is so good. He is so good with like the silent acting, you know.
Speaker 3: Just it's a facial expression.
Speaker 2: That's a great. Yeah, he asks DJ, why did you let me go in there? She shrugs, We could have gone to China. Danny storms back into the kitchen, where Jesse is still doing his woodwork. Danny utters no words, He just stares into Jesse's soul, forcing him to give an explanation of what's going on. Jesse explains that the handles they had in the kitchen were discontinued, so he needed to get a whole new set. When Danny doesn't say anything, Jesse goes on to tell him that he got too big of screws that ended up breaking the drawer fronts. Danny wordlessly points to the entire kitchen, needing an explanation, so Jesse gives him an explanation. In a panic, He promises he'll clean it up. Danny finally explodes, reminding him everything was cleaned up. How he asks how Jesse could do this to him on his Christmasikes, this was really you know what I.
Speaker 1: Have to say though, All of John's not all, but most of John's best comedy bits take place in this kitchen, Yes, you're right, and they involve him running around all.
Speaker 2: Over it a maniac.
Speaker 3: Yeah right, but it's always a very funny.
Speaker 2: Why I wonder why the kitchen. I wonder if it's because like he could run around the.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you run around the island. It lends itself to a lot of movement.
Speaker 2: And lots of props in the kitchen, right, yeah, yeah, that must be it, because yeah, you're right, his best.
Speaker 1: But he always has these great sort of physical comedic bits in the.
Speaker 2: Kitchen, and that continues in fuller too, Like he sets the fire alarm off and he's they're smoking the kitchen. Yeahah, this is a common thing. I love it. Well.
Speaker 1: I guess the kitchen is the place where you're apt to have things go wrong, so running around like a chicken with your head cut off sort of hat tracks.
Speaker 3: More often than that.
Speaker 1: But anyway, but yeah, John, I just love this moment and Bob's face, just his eyes like popping out of his head.
Speaker 2: The two of them together are just comedy gold, comedy gold. Yes. So next in the living room, Steph bursts through the front door in a panic, holding the hand of a police officer, and she leads him inside like this is totally normal.
Speaker 1: I just went out to the street and was like you come here, and no one, no one noticed Steph was.
Speaker 2: Gone, and the police officer obliges her too. Yeah, sure, young, I'm like, all right, sure, come.
Speaker 1: On, kid, right, like it's again, Well, if a horse can walk up the stairs, a police officer can also get dragged in by a child who apparently no one knew was missing.
Speaker 3: While looking for her missing.
Speaker 2: No nobody pays attention to the kids.
Speaker 3: Why did you have to go to find a police officer?
Speaker 2: I need to I need to know that.
Speaker 1: She just had to happen to be outside ticketing someone, and she was like, all right, I've spotted one or well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, street parking is very confusing in San Francisco, so maybe uh yeah, maybe he was writing tickets in front of the full house and she's like.
Speaker 1: Hey, I need makes sense, yeah, never parking. Yeah, And she was like you, sir.
Speaker 2: You have more important things to do than writing tickets. You have to find my bear. Yeah.
Speaker 1: He seems very calm for being dragged into a house by a child saying someone's missing.
Speaker 2: He's very calm. Yeah, oh yeah, I.
Speaker 1: You know, I guess it's you know, right, He's like, okay, who's.
Speaker 2: Missing, like he's expecting a realm.
Speaker 3: It's not yeah, his name not Mayberry. You know, something could have seriously happened. But he seems to be pretty chill.
Speaker 2: He's very chill, very chill, and very kind to Stephanie. I think.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So Stephanie tells him her best friend in the whole world has been kidnapped, and then she gives the police officer a description of mister Beer, and the police officer realizes she's referring to a stuffed animal, not a human.
Speaker 1: Oh dear well, although if he were a human that were that size, dressed in an adorable small trench coat and a hat, it's very cute.
Speaker 2: Yes, that would be kind of that would be super cute. Danny and Jesse walk in surprised to see a police officer in their living room.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because no one gave him permissions. You can't just can't walk into your house.
Speaker 3: That's a whole that's that's.
Speaker 1: There's there's like it's literally in the constitution that they just can't do that.
Speaker 3: He can't just just come on in.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they weren't, or a Stephanie, he's no warning him in, right.
Speaker 1: The kid doesn't have the permission to be like, hey, come on it. You know, I know I'd be rather jarred if I walk into my living room and there was a police officer standing there.
Speaker 3: WHOA what is that happening?
Speaker 2: Very alarmed? Very alarmed.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Again, everyone's like, hey, hey, how's gone? Yeah, hey, stranger in my house? Would you like say where?
Speaker 2: You know? Right? So Jesse turns to Danny in shock. You called the police because I messed up your kitchen? The police officer says, no, Stephanie flagged him down to report a missing bear.
Speaker 1: So I was standing out on the street just slagging waiting for just flagging people down.
Speaker 2: Steph's panicked. Is mister bear go to any great lengths to get this bear back?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Joey walks in to hear this, and he decides to clear some things up. He admits that he accidentally donated mister bear to charity, and when he tried tracking him down, he found out mister Bear had already been given away. In response, Stephanie tells the officer to arrest Joey. Steph asks Joey how he could do this to her, and then she runs upstairs. The police officer gives Joey a look, shaking his head into disappointment. I love this police officer, like he understands, he stands. Stephan is brief seriously, and your performance was excellent in this scene, Like you so much emotion in your eyes, Like I was you really like got to me. I was like, oh my gosh, she's she's really upset at joe.
Speaker 3: Yeah it did. I was like, oh no.
Speaker 1: And then also like being a parent and having lived through the missing of a you know, of a beloved bear, you you know how awful it is. It's you have to go back and retrace all of your steps. It's they're at Disneyland or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, that was true, so true. So now then we have a sad commercial break. When we come back, we're in stephan DJ's room. Steph has construction paper scattered all across the table. She's making posters to find mister Bear, telling DJ she's gonna put one on every telephone poll in America. DJ asks if they can talk about something other than mister Bear. Steph agrees and says they can talk about Joey instead. She asks why did he give away mister Bear, and DJ tries to explain that accidents happen. DJ gives the example of when Steph lost her pillow person. She was mad at her for losing him, but then she got over it. Steph remembers, I found your pillow person under my mattress. She pulls him out, and DJ squeals my pillow Person. She's elated and she never thought she'd see him again. Stephanie rolls her eyes and DJ composes herself, trying to keep it cool.
Speaker 3: Salt in the wound, right like, oh I got oh sorry.
Speaker 2: Joey walks in, telling Stuff he feels terrible about losing mister Bear. He asks if there's anything he can do to make up for it, and Stephanie asks if he remembers what mister Bear looked like. Joey says yes, and Stuff responds, then grab a cran. She's gonna make him make posters, a.
Speaker 3: Lot of posts.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of telephone poles in America. We're gonna need a lot of posters.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be busy for a while.
Speaker 3: We're gonna need a bigger crown.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: Next scene, we're in the kitchen and the new drawers and shelves have finally been installed. Danny is nervous to see it, but Jesse assures him he'll love it. Danny looks around, taking it all in and admits he does love it. He gives Jesse a hug, which is not reciprocated. It does look good.
Speaker 3: It's like a little it does well.
Speaker 1: This was it was like a little remodel of the kitchen, bringing it from like the early eighties to like a little bit more updated version. So I wonder if this was sort of how they were like, well, we got to update it, but like you can't just all of a sudden it's a new you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: That would be weird.
Speaker 2: So this is this happened?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you're right because it looked lovely and it definitely broke up the sort of beige all over the background. And I wonder if that was something that they were like, we just gotta we got to redesign and that was how I think.
Speaker 2: But it looks, it looks really good. It still fits in with the blue, you know, the blue theme running through the house. But it looks, it looks really good. It was definitely time for refresh and even though Jesse was panicked, it turned out great.
Speaker 1: I mean apparently Jesse, uh could also be a like a cabinet maker, yeah, a woodworker along with being a jingle rider and an extravator. He is a He's a He's a Jesse of many.
Speaker 2: Trees instead of a Jack of all trees, Jesse of al trees.
Speaker 3: Jesse. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So next in the living room, Grandma Irene is there setting up a plethora of stuffed bears on the couch, yelling to Stephanie to come meet some new friends. Michelle comes down and she couldn't care less about Irene when there's a pile of toys sitting right behind her. Michelle claims one of the teddy bears as her own. When Jesse and Danny and Nick all walk in, Irene takes the bear from Michelle, telling her that Stephanie gets to pick first. Good. That was good parenting Irene. Somebody setting some boundaries and explaining why this is, you know, it's not a.
Speaker 1: Hard is not yeah, and yeah, it's you know, hard for her to understand, but this is not her bear.
Speaker 2: More likely, Danny hopes this plan works. Steph has been taking this really hard. Jesse doesn't understand. It's just a stuffed animal. Irene interjects, just a stuffed animal. Huh do you remember? Doggie Cutsopolis. Jesse's embarrassed. He tries to go back into the kitchen to do some manly tasks, but Nick remembers Jesse throwing that mutt around for hours, and Jesse defends, I did not throw him. He flew. Danny asks if he had wings, and Jesse tells him, don't be stupid. He flew by flapping his little ears like Dumbo. No. Yeah. Steph runs downstairs, greeting Grandma and Grandpa. They show her the couch full of bears, encouraging her to get to know them. Stephanie sighs, saying that she'll give it a try. She addresses the group of bears and asks them a question. If dj was picking on me, what would you do. The group is silent, and Stephanie gives up unaccept these guys are duds.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: That's a great way to test him out, though, you know, do they give advice? No?
Speaker 3: Where does your loyalty lie? And she was like, Ni, these guys they don't pass.
Speaker 2: They tailed the test. Yep, yep, they won't do. Just then Joey walks in and he's holding mister Bear. Steph eagerly takes him, saying she was worried she would have to. And then she stops and asks Joey, who is this? The real mister Bear had a little scar where he closed the toy chest on his nose. She gives the imposter bear back to Joey and walks away. Joey urges her to stop, admitting he couldn't find mister Bear, but he was able to find mister Bear's successful twin brother, doctor Bear. Stephanie sadly tells him to take this bear back to the store because looking at that face is just too painful. The camera pans to a disappointed Danny and Jesse, who are eating fried chicken again.
Speaker 3: Where did this? Where did the chicken come?
Speaker 2: I wrote that down to where like it just appeared. Nobody exited, nobody entered.
Speaker 3: Like I am.
Speaker 1: I'm now convinced that this cold fried chicken is some sort of message.
Speaker 2: Oh, like a secret don't you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like who like it's like like like somebody was like, if you see me eating fried chicken in an episode, it means it's like Brunette in the ear.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you know what I mean when she would do that?
Speaker 2: The secret message?
Speaker 3: What is the secret message in the cold fried chick?
Speaker 2: Didn't we do? I think we asked John about the fried chicken in his interview. I don't know. I just like chicken, so but I don't I don't accept that answer. I'm with you.
Speaker 3: I don't accept the answer. Is it art department or props prop?
Speaker 2: Well, well the props that does the food?
Speaker 3: Yeah, proaps does the food. So yeah.
Speaker 2: So Roger Montesano, who was our prop property Bob?
Speaker 3: What was his? What was I don't think Property Bob was here yet, but it was Roger?
Speaker 2: Okay, why with theory is? What's the listeners? Please send us, send us emails, tell us.
Speaker 3: What your fan.
Speaker 1: Of?
Speaker 3: Why of what called frick? Because this was it was literally like.
Speaker 1: Someone dropped it in intentionally, because all of a sudden they cut to hands with fried chicken and.
Speaker 2: You're like, wait, nobody left the room.
Speaker 3: This scene isn't about fried chicken.
Speaker 2: Where did it come from?
Speaker 3: Nobody was in the kitchen?
Speaker 2: Why? And then and then Bob and John kind of have like little smirks on their faces.
Speaker 3: So why, I was like, what is the message?
Speaker 1: It felt so specifically placed, and like, uh, in a moment.
Speaker 2: I thought the same thing. I thought the same thing. It means something, and we're on a mission to find out what warna.
Speaker 3: I am on a mission to figure out what cold fried chicken means.
Speaker 2: I'm here, I'm here, right here with you. We're gonna solve this mystery together.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 2: So the guys realize they need to snap Stephanie out of this. Nick sighs they have to return the bears they bought two, but DJ tells her grandparents it's too late. The camera shows Michelle in the middle of a stuffed bear pile. She looks blankly off into the distance until she yells, my bear, she's just no buried in bears. She doesn't.
Speaker 3: She doesn't. It's embarrass though she does. I feel like that's one of those moments where as a pair you go, I'm sorry, these bears are not for you. I love you, but this is not.
Speaker 2: Your It's not a free for all, Michelle, you know it's not a free for all. Right, Yeah, she loves those bears though. Well again, not to blow things up at the end. We get to the When we get to the end, keep forgetting, I keep forgetting how it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no one's ever seen this before.
Speaker 2: That's a surprise. Don't give it away.
Speaker 3: I mean you hadn't.
Speaker 1: I hadn't seen it, But no, no, what I'm pretty sure everyone else listening to this is like, yeah.
Speaker 2: We know what it but in case they in case they don't, we're going to keep it a secret till the end. We were keeping. Yeah, So the whole family walks into the girl's room to check on Steph. Danny reminds her she's not alone in this world. She still has the family. Jesse tells her he's tired of this moping around. He stands her up and urges her to show him one of her killer smiles. I was, I was.
Speaker 3: Like, no, right, this child is entitled to her feelings.
Speaker 2: Let people feel their feelings.
Speaker 3: You let people feel their feelings.
Speaker 1: This is a common like Danny's telling Yeah, telling JJ like you need to just accept my abaut no, not how this works.
Speaker 3: But you know, it was the eighties. We were still figuring out how to be a little more emotionally literate.
Speaker 2: But that's true.
Speaker 3: I felt bad.
Speaker 1: I was like, no, it's I mean, I get it, though. Sometimes you're like, come on, pull together. But Jesse doesn't remember that. He doesn't you know, he doesn't know the significance of.
Speaker 2: The bear right right when that comes, it's like whoa. So Steph gives him a little half smirk before she goes back to frowning, which was the funniest little I could see you trying to work out it and work it out, like how am I gonna How am I going to get my mouth to do that?
Speaker 3: It was great, right, it's so cute, just half yeah, half moved.
Speaker 2: So they tried telling stuff that mister Bear would want her to be happy, and wherever he is right now, he's probably making another kid happy too. She agrees he was always good at that. He's been making me happy since I met him. Oh. DJ remembers that exact day. It was the day their mom came home from the hospital with Michelle. Danny recalls Pam giving DJ a charm bracelet and Stephanie mister Bear.
Speaker 1: I feel like Danny would have remembered that, like that would have been a big yeah thing.
Speaker 2: I agree.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: Maybe it's the grief again, the grief has clouded his memory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, grief, he's clouded, remember, But I still feel like, oh, your mom, you know what I mean, Like you'd be like, yeah, I get white.
Speaker 2: That's the significance. Yeah, yeah, right. Stephanie forgot that her mom gave her mister beer, but she realizes that must be why she loves him so much.
Speaker 1: I feel like, why would Steph forget that that was that her mom gave her that.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's obviously the point is that Steph remembers it. Yeah, because it wasn't that long ago that Michelle was born.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: Started the show Michelle's nine months old.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's true.
Speaker 3: So it hasn't been that long.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this seems out of character. Steph remembers everything too.
Speaker 1: So Steph remembers everything, and I feel like I feel like Danny, like, yeah, this this one threw me a little bit because I was like, no, I feel like if that were the connection, like everyone involved would have remembered it. I agree, because it also didn't happen that long ago. It wasn't like Steph was a baby.
Speaker 2: No, you were full you know what I mean, you were five that you definitely have memories.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would have stuff would have been five.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, I agree, it's this is this was a missed, missed opportunity and yeah, out of care.
Speaker 1: But it but it leads to a great scene. The rest of the scene is lovely and wonderful and sweet and incredible. But it just felt a little bit like the bear. Had it been from Pam, everyone would have really remember. Yeah, I agree, this is just then again the story doesn't work, and that's they have.
Speaker 2: To got to make the storyline work aka the story yep yep. Uh. So we hear some sad instrumental music begin, and DJ says, after mom died, I could remember everything about her. Now it's getting harder and harder to remember. The scene just took a really serious turn. Yes, Stephanie looks to her dad. Am I going to forget everything about Mama?
Speaker 3: Danny tells her, I've started crying watching I was like, oh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was just like they just turned on the emotions to one right. Danny tells her no reminding his girls after the car accident, we talked about your mom all the time, but lately, when Danny doesn't finish, Joey chimes in, maybe the reason we haven't talked about your mom in a while is because we're afraid it would bring all that pain back again. Jesse admits, you know what I do miss You know what I do when I start to miss Pam. I just think about all the good times. He smiles and recalls his first junior high dance. He had to wear a white suit and learn how to do the hustle. Thanks to John Travolta. Pam worked with him the whole week, forty eight hours of dancing to disco Inferno. Joey tells another memory. Your mom had that great laugh. Every time I'd work on new material, I'd bring her down to the club and sit her right in the front row. She'd start laughing, and then she'd have the whole place cracking up. Steph remembers her laugh. They'd sing a silly song with her on top of spaghetti all covered with geese. I lost my poor meatball when somebody's knees at you. This is such a sweet like This is so sweet. I'm so glad they gave Joey a memory too, you know, because he's not biologically to the family, but they give him a memory of Petty.
Speaker 1: Really shows Yeah, and it shows how important Joey was to the family.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: I like this. This part was very well written in my opinion.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Danny points out that they never have to worry about forgetting their mom because they can think about those happy times whenever they want. Jesse agrees, they just have to keep those memories of Pam in their hearts. That way, she'll always be with them. Danny sees so much of Pam and his three girls. Danny, Joey, and Jesse name a trait of each girl that reminds them of Pam, and then Jesse gets an idea they should watch some of Danny's home movies. Again. Danny loves this idea. If spring cleaning is his Christmas home movies are his New Year's Eve? Is this a nod to America's Funniest home videos? It started an I don't.
Speaker 3: Think he was.
Speaker 2: It started in nineteen eighty nine. I don't know if it started at this point, but I looked it up.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know if it started at this point yet. It's still pretty early in.
Speaker 2: The year, very early. Yeah, it's still very early, so maybe not. But I did think it was ironic.
Speaker 1: Maybe not, but well it's you know again why I think he was the perfect person to do it, because you know, we see Danny with his.
Speaker 3: Video recorder alone. Yeah, he was the perfect fit or his cam quarder, right, yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Big the eighteen pounder, right, yeah, exactly. So this is the first time we learned that Pam died in a car accident.
Speaker 3: I thought we learned that.
Speaker 2: We already learned that before.
Speaker 3: I think we learned that in the beginning.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think that's one of the first Yeah, I think we've known that Pam she did.
Speaker 2: It, and it's later, much later, we find out she was killed by a drunk driver when I when I am when I get drunk at the frat party, so right, right, right, right, yeah, No, it's very very sad. Do you remember Bob telling the story about how he was giving an interview with Bob. Bob Saggett and Bob Boyette were giving an interview to somebody during the full House days.
Speaker 3: And right they were asked, can only imagine how this went.
Speaker 2: They were asked how did Pam die? And one of them said she died in a car accident, and the other one said she died of cancer at the same time they they said that, and so Bob was like, uh, she died of cancer while she was in the car.
Speaker 3: Right she had?
Speaker 2: She was, Yeah, get your stories straight, guys, like you have to agree.
Speaker 3: Right, that's just huh interesting, Bob, I didn't, I uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Such a bob thing. So funny.
Speaker 3: Maybe then we didn't.
Speaker 1: Maybe I always thought that we I always thought that we had that we had known it was an accident. But maybe that's just me sort of filling in everything that happened before this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, I you know, I thought we learned early on that she was in a car accident.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I thought we did too. I thought, like in the jit the episode where the race goes down, that I think it's mentioned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like after the accident or something.
Speaker 1: Somebody sort of says something after, you know, after your mom's accident or after.
Speaker 2: Maybe Jesse Jesse crashes bullet. Is there any reference to a car accident there?
Speaker 1: I don't know, No, no, no, because remember that was nobody cares nothing really happened to the car was destroyed Jesse. Uh, well, Jesse was fine in that one. That's not the one where he had no arms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, another motorcycle.
Speaker 1: Access is also a stunt man. He's also an evil and evil.
Speaker 2: Yeah, John needs that mug that you have about I do my own stunts.
Speaker 3: I do my own stunts. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: So we fade to the living room where everyone is gathered around the TV. Danny tells them he shot this the day Pam came home with Michelle. First, we see Jesse rock in a very heinous mullet wig and the leather. Wow, this wig was worse than the wig in the episode where you accidentally cut his.
Speaker 3: Hair, Like just right, But was it as bad as the actual mullet itself? I don't know.
Speaker 2: You the eye of the.
Speaker 1: Bible, it was right right, there's levels And I don't know if the original or the wigged.
Speaker 2: Mullet yeah, is worse. That's yeah. I don't know. But all I know is that when I saw the mullet again, I was like, Eh, thank god he cut his hair well.
Speaker 1: And the joke that's that Stephan DJ also say what He's like, maybe I should grow my hair out, and they're like.
Speaker 2: No, no, yeah, that's such a great line. So Jesse tells Pam she can come in now, and instead, Joey walks in carrying Michelle, pretending he's a pizza delivery guy. Pam walks in right behind him, telling Joey to give her the baby. She takes Michelle in her arms and assures her You're not a pizza You're a big, beautiful meat ball. In the video, I I.
Speaker 1: Just felt bad for Pam. I was like, this woman just gave birth. No one's helping her in that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like it's just why is Joey bringing in the kid? Like why is Joey's helping her? Like yeah, yeah, this is just Pam is now an afterthought.
Speaker 3: She felt like there wasn't a car seat involved. Yeah, I don't know. It was the eighties.
Speaker 2: Did they even use car seats? I don't know, you know, it was like whatever's throw the kid.
Speaker 1: I think we were starting to I think we were starting to, you know, like not the ones that looked like a little sassy seat that you just attached to a table, you know, but like actually things that were belted into a car.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So in the video, Joey tells Stephan DJ not to go anywhere because there's presence for them in the car. Then we see a close up of Michelle and Pam, and Steph notices that their mom and DJ look just like each other, and DJ says she looks just like Steph too. On the home video, Jesse jokes it's a good thing Michelle looks nothing like Danny, adding in a few years you'll be able to laugh at that. Danny gives a sour face and says wrong. Pam tells Danny to get a close up of this gorgeous face, so Danny zooms in on Pam. She gives a classic Jesse line, not me the baby huh, So we see that's a casopolist. That's a cassopolist. Trend yep traps. Danny zooms in on the baby and Michelle shouts baby as she watches DJ and Steph try to explain that the baby is her. Michelle says, cute.
Speaker 3: Baby, tying back into the baby. Baby.
Speaker 2: Oh, maybe that's why they did that.
Speaker 1: Justin Bieber, Well, what it makes me think is you were right in that she had learned how to say baby, and now they were like just make her say.
Speaker 2: That, Yeah, that was her new skill of the week. Right. Then in the video we see mister Bear. Oh, Michelle exclaims mister Bear, and then she runs off to the piano bench, lifting up the top to reveal a compartment inside. Steph is watching the video and admires, look how young mister Bhar looks. Michelle pulls out mister Bear from the piano bench. She brings it to Steph and the whole family is ecstatic to see the two reunited. Michelle admits that she's the one who hid mister Bear. Steph apologizes for blaming Joey, but he doesn't mind. All that matters is that mister Bear is back. That was a solid misdirect. Like even I was fooled. I was convinced it was Joey and the charity box.
Speaker 3: You know, well that's what I'm saying. So but but he even says stuff like I gave it. So he's like, I'm I gave it away.
Speaker 1: I went they'd already given it, But it was never it was never even, it.
Speaker 2: Was never gone. Michelle wenton and hit it. That was solid shell. I thought it was going a much different directions. Yeah, so well done. To Kim Weissakoff for writing this excellent misdirect.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, I'm very glad that the Bear has made it back.
Speaker 2: Danny directs everyone back to the home video. Pam and Danny are in the shot now and Pam tells him, now we have the three most wonderful daughters in the world. We hear some heavy violins as everyone watches the rest of the video, and that's our show. Like that is the ending. It ends with the violins. It doesn't even end with the everywhere you look. Yeah, I mean it's kind of depressing, Like it's really somber at the end. There is that just me?
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a rather somber one. It was.
Speaker 1: It felt like one where this we sort of dove into the kids missing Pam again. But what I like is that we've done it a couple times. It was never like a I mean, you know, still sort of lived in sitcom land as far as like, it wasn't like we went into it hugely in depth, but that we did touch on it a few times throughout the first couple of seasons. You know that this keeps coming up in Danny dating or in you know, the mister Bear thing or you know, all of these sorts of things the girls are missing Pam.
Speaker 3: But I also love that this was the first time we actually get to see her, oh I know, and hear a little bit about her, like her laugh or her that you know.
Speaker 2: That was very important, And see her and Jesse together. Yeah, that's right. Cool.
Speaker 3: Still didn't look like they were related, but you never know, you know, genetics.
Speaker 2: Are She doesn't look Greek at all, but that is okay, we know where the blonde hair.
Speaker 3: Canes from genetics are weird. It's a you know, you just never know.
Speaker 1: But but she obviously said huh, so therefore that must mean they're biologically.
Speaker 2: Really right if you say huh, then yes, sir.
Speaker 3: Or not biologically related, but just at least you know they're related.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they grew up together, definitely.
Speaker 1: They grew up together. And uh yeah, it was. It was a very somber episode. I actually found myself, uh, kind of.
Speaker 2: Moved by it. Me too, me too. I know that in Fuller we were criticized a little bit for not touching on the death of the spouse of DJ's spouse. You know, it was kind of like they kind of glossed over that in the first few seasons. Yeah, so this, I really appreciated this episode that it's like, yeah, greet, it's hard. Grief is difficult, and it efects kids, it affects adults. And I love the message that you don't stop talking about the deceased just because you think it's painful, Like you know, it's that's what people. I felt that when my mom passed too. I'm like, you know what people are like, Oh, I don't want to make you sad. I'm like, well, I'm already sad. You're not going to make me sad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that ship has sailed. My right, I'm in Sadville.
Speaker 2: Right, And what makes it, what makes it better is the memories and reliving those memories and talking about the deceased person. So this was a really important episode and a great message.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I really appreciated this. I really did too. I really did too.
Speaker 1: And uh and I loved, you know, getting the origin story of mister Beer, which hold on, I would be remiss if I didn't at least bring him over.
Speaker 2: You got it, Yes, you have to bring mister Bhaer over. We can't complete this episode. Like I'm having a feeling, I'm having a feeling.
Speaker 1: This is the original little wrinkly hat that's still attached to a head. But his his tie is a little you know, it's not quite the bow tie the nice little ascot.
Speaker 2: That it was. But trenk yeah, here's yeah, here's mister bear. That is so special.
Speaker 3: Like his pants are a little big. Now he's lost some weight.
Speaker 2: That happens to you age getting.
Speaker 3: It happened, But no, he is. He's covered in dog here is.
Speaker 1: But he is well loved and still sits in here with me. So goodbye mister bear, and hello.
Speaker 2: Yeah this is I'm so glad you have him and that he's meaningful to like that just but it makes me feel so happy to know that you love it.
Speaker 3: I have my real life baby bear, and then I have mister Bear, and they're both very very important.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: Did you have Do you have a bear or like a little lovey or a blankey or something?
Speaker 2: No, I don't. I think I had a blanket, like when I was little little, I had a blanket that I would rub on my nose, which is really weird. I think I would suck my.
Speaker 3: Fam I still have my blank ye.
Speaker 2: So I had a blanky or a lovey, But I don't. I don't think I ever had like a bear. I had a cabbage patch kid, but I didn't have a bear that was like that meaningful.
Speaker 3: Well did you have but was? Did you have a thing that you carried with you all the time? Was there like something?
Speaker 2: There was a snotty blanket? Yeah, it was just the snotty the snotty blanket, that's all.
Speaker 3: That's I mean a lot of kids have those. Yeah, I still have my blanket.
Speaker 1: You do. My kids had well, Zoe in particular had be the Bear, which got.
Speaker 3: Confusing after B wasn This was before B was born. Before B was.
Speaker 1: Born, she had a bear and she just called it B for bear. But then be a Tricks came along and so we had Now he is his official.
Speaker 3: Title is be the Bank like that.
Speaker 2: It's that that's you have to distinguish who was who because.
Speaker 1: We had it right, We're like, where's Bee, and you know, we're like, not the kid, we know that one is, but the bear which was lost one time. And after that, my mom bought a replica bear because she It was a gift from my mom to Zoe before she was born, So we bought a replica bear, and very much like steph does in this episode when we would throw the other the the original bear in like the wash or something like that, because it would just get it yea gross, we'd give her the replacement bear, but she knew she'd be like she'd smell him and be like, it smells funny, doesn't smell wow.
Speaker 2: Very perceptive, like almost like a dog. They can tell, like they can distinguish sense.
Speaker 1: But it's like she'd like it's because she would also tickle her nose.
Speaker 3: So it had like it just like her little.
Speaker 2: Smell scent to look sweat and snot.
Speaker 1: So she was like, this is a this is a stand in, which was fine, but she would then go and watch the dryer for beef.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so sweet. Oh my god, she is going to die.
Speaker 3: We left it somewhere once and yeah, I get it.
Speaker 1: There it is everything stops until the bear is found. So I'm so glad that everyone really made an effort to bring mister.
Speaker 2: Barrett I understand the importance of the bear and honoring Stephanie's feelings about it. That's that was a very important resolution.
Speaker 3: So it was it was now did you have and everywhere you look.
Speaker 2: Oh, yeah, what did I write down? Nothing great. I did recognize some of the stuffed toys in the giveaway pile. At the beginning of the was the okay, what did you find? What did you find?
Speaker 1: So my everywhere you look moment was that all of those other bears are bears from the American Bear Company.
Speaker 4: Yeah, North American Bear which the North American Bear Company, which had I'm trying to I don't know which ones were on the on the couch it.
Speaker 3: One of them was I think Bear Ruth.
Speaker 2: Oh, so it's like a little bit baseball.
Speaker 1: Yeah, named after people, and that one was like bear Ruth or whatever, named after Babe Ruth.
Speaker 3: And then the other one was, oh gosh, that Catherine hepp.
Speaker 2: Burn movie Gone with the Wind.
Speaker 3: Were there in Africa? Out of Africa? No, I don't know, No, that was later on anyway.
Speaker 1: Uh, it was from He's I think supposed to be like Humphrey Bogart in that movie Beargart. Well, this is how that Humphrey Beargart is from Cosa Blanco. But the other one where he's in the is on the couch also where he's like in like sort of a little he's got like again an ascot and like a little sea captain's hat.
Speaker 2: Very those bears were very popular. Those, you know, they had.
Speaker 1: The vander Bear family Muffy vander Bear, which was after the Vanderbilts.
Speaker 3: I collected those for years. Did I had a lot of those?
Speaker 1: I did so, and I gave my kids the little Muffy bears from from my collection. I also had another one, though, did you another? Everywhere you look, go for it.
Speaker 3: So if you look.
Speaker 1: Closely in the scene at nineteen minutes and fifty seven seconds.
Speaker 2: Look at you in your time stamps. I am so proud of you.
Speaker 1: Right now, Candace spikes the camera, which is when you look directly at the camera.
Speaker 2: She did.
Speaker 1: She's so Danny and Steph are right like Bob and I are in front, and we're having a moment about the bear and he's like hugging mirrors or I'm remembering pay im giving it to me or something, but I'm kind of like leaned up against him, and Candace is standing right behind us, and we hug and she just kind of looks up and like just looks directly at the camera and yeah, and then is like whoop.
Speaker 3: So anyway, yeah, but I was like, wait, she looked right at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it was yeah, somewhere around nineteen minutes and fifty seven seconds.
Speaker 2: That's great. I'm gonna go back and watch.
Speaker 1: That's so funny, Yeah, I cause you can see her do it and then kind of go like, oh oops, right, she checks herself. You would think as an actor you would never do but you'd be surprised how sometimes you'll just look up and be like oh.
Speaker 2: No, uh yeah, even though with an adult, as an adult actor, sometimes you're just like, oh crap, why could I just look right at the camera right realize. Yeah, sometimes you're so in the moment you're like, oh, whoops, shouldn't have done that. That's hysterical.
Speaker 3: So great, That was funny.
Speaker 1: But I loved this episode just because it was about mister Bhaer, who is obviously an icon and a legend in his own right. But it was just a really sweet, moving episode about the girls and Pam and managing grief, managing grief and redoing your kitchen.
Speaker 2: Yeah randomly yes, yeah, yeah yeah, and inviting police officers into your home.
Speaker 1: Right yeah, which I hope Steph learned at some point like that's not you don't just yeah, no, you need to see why are you here.
Speaker 3: Why, like there's questions that need to be asked.
Speaker 1: You just start dragging the police into your home. But yeah, you know it was. There was a lot happening in this episod. So love spring cleaning. It reminds me now I want to Now I want to go clean out something.
Speaker 2: I kind of have an itch too. I have an itch to go to go clean out my closet now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I think I might grade up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, we'll do some rage cleaning, baby, yay, range cleaning. We're going to be very zen for the next episode because we'll be like, oh, yeah, we got it all out.
Speaker 3: Yeah no, I don't think that's gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I say, I'm gonna go clean and then I'm probably gonna go inside and do nothing.
Speaker 2: For another cup of coffee.
Speaker 1: Well that's exactly what's going to happen in my in my I do my own stunts.
Speaker 3: Bug.
Speaker 1: Well, everyone, thank you so much for joining us for this episode of Howard tan Rito's. We just love doing the show and uh I love getting to share watching.
Speaker 3: These old episodes with you guys. It's so much fun.
Speaker 1: And if you want to follow us on Instagram, you can check us out at how Rude Podcast, or you can send us an email at Howard podcast at gmail dot com. Also make sure that you're liking and subscribing to the podcast wherever you're listening to it so that you can make sure and get all the new episodes right when they come out and be one of the first ones to listen. And thank you guys so much for joining us.
Speaker 3: For this week's episode of how Rude. Tannerto's so remember the world is small, the house is full.
Speaker 2: We're gonna need a new tagline because you're way too good at this. Now it's you throw its anti climactic. Now I know we need something else for you to mess up. There's let's hold a contest. Let's hold a contest for a new tagline.
Speaker 3: Like a tongue twister. Yeah, let's do it. A new tongue twister for the end of ebrid
Speaker 2: Let's challenge Joe, why did we can strangle me later