Speaker 1: Hey, yeah, writing the lytical vig making cream may scream, I don't cook, I don't clean.
Speaker 2: Let me sing, got this.
Speaker 3: Stream you let it? Get U out of me and tell him what to play. Never tell burn down.
Speaker 1: Good morning, swimmer and welcome to the Not Dungs Podcast on the Athletic Network. It's Thursday, December twenty third, and this is the Drop podcast on Jay Skeets alongside me as always tas Mellis.
Speaker 3: Happy holidays, Merry Christmas, everybody.
Speaker 1: You're looking good in the old ugly Christmas sweater.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I'll be wearing this for a week. This raptor sweater feels so nice. I like it.
Speaker 1: Pops on camera here too, joining us live from Toronto. It is the International Man of Mystery taking it to the Max Lee Ellis friend day. Hey, it's really sticking with that, hey, aren't you?
Speaker 4: I have to man, I'm out about in Canada. I've got to, you know, lean into the accent.
Speaker 1: Oh man, last but not least, making the magic happen. Super producer JD.
Speaker 5: How's it going, eh? Yeah, Canada stuff and I too will be going to Canada tomorrow. Oh wow great, I'll meet you there now.
Speaker 1: Thank you, no.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the stream team for joining us live right now on YouTube. Please take a second to subscribe. If you haven't to like the video, comment away share of the show that helps us out. Go grab your No Dunk's merch like this one over at no dunks dot com. I think you can still buy the Trey Kirby.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, ho ho ho dunk. I think so yeah.
Speaker 1: This is an underrated item in the No dunk store from being honest, especially around the holiday season. So go to no dunks dot com for that better Yet, why not score the perfect last minute gift by getting someone that you love only someone that you love subscription to the Athletic. Go to the Athletic dot com slash no dunks so they know that we sent you. I think there's like a fifty percent off deal here at the end of the year at Christmas deal.
Speaker 3: It's twenty four bucks for twelve months. I've heard the last week there after Christmas.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go, there you go, So go grab that. If you haven't keep sending in your questions NBA questions non NBA questions to No dunks at the Athletic dot Com. You can email them in you can tweet them in at no Dunks Inc. Will be hitting the beach at some point, I bet next week. Yes, that's right. So our final show of the week this week, no show on Friday, That's why we're doing the drop today. But next week show on Monday and show on Thursday. So the twenty seventh and the thirtieth, if I have that right, correct, JD. You're off like you just said, you'll be in Canada kicking it with Lee.
Speaker 5: To Barkley now with Lee, no offense, Lee, but I think Lee and I will be in opposite ends of the country, is that right?
Speaker 1: Well, where are you going, Lee?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're heading to Calgary today at If you want to really see me suffer, check out the weather forecast for the next six days.
Speaker 3: Cagy.
Speaker 2: It does not get higher or lower.
Speaker 4: I'm not sure which way you go with this one, but it's minus twenty three like every single day while we're out there, and that's before you factor into the windshill.
Speaker 1: So it's gonna be nice and fresh minus twenty three degrees Celsius.
Speaker 2: That's right, Celsius.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so let's call it.
Speaker 1: Minus thirty with the windshill, like you said, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, Wow, we're gonna really test out just I said, my boys, they complain there's not enough snow in Atlanta. I said, you want some snow, or you'll get some snow and some cold and some frigid air out here. Boys, so hopefully they enjoy it.
Speaker 1: Was this like the weird equivalent of like making your teenage kids smoke a pack of cigarettes. You want a cigarette here, smoke them all and we'll see if you like it. All right, exactly how fun in Calgary there, lely, So, yeah, this is our final show of the week, So I thought, why not, you know, pound some eggnog, throw a throw a fire, throw a fire, throw a log on the fire, through a fire, like I'm a super Mario brother, just got the flower power. And we could ask some NBA Christmas questions here. Okay, so that's what we're doing. These are fun questions for everybody in the stream team, the pod squad, the Discord Horde to chime in as well. You're gonna get a started here tasks. I want to know who's on your NBA naughty and nice list. But let's start with the naughty list, all right, What's who's Sanda got at the top of that list Lebron James.
Speaker 3: And I'm not just gaslighting because it's a big name. Lebron has been naughty. If you make someone bleed, you are clearly naughty. And he banged Isaiah Stewart right in the face with that reverse karate chop. No matter what you call it, it was. He turned and if you're watching on YouTube, at the top of your screen here on the right, he turned with a fist hit Isaiah Stewart. Now he did apologize immediately, but Isaiah Stewart was obviously extremely mad because Lebron hit him as hard as he possibly could. And that wasn't just Lebron's first altercation this year. It was definitely the most blatant. Received a suspension for it, a warrant to one game suspension for it. But if you remember it seems like eons ago. He put his hands on Joel Embiid at the beginning of this season when Embiid went up for a duck. Now, it doesn't seem as bad, but Embiid went down pretty hard on his back and was writhing around for a little bit. Luckily, he was healthy and continued to play. But Lebron definitely put his hands on he lost balanced there. Anyways, that one clearly not as bad, so a couple noddies right there. In a third nodty this week we saw it he may have broke some bylaws when he came into the arena with a cigar in his hand? Was it lit? Who the heck knows? So, yeah, I don't think so. I don't think he would break the laws like that. But he came in yet with a cigar in hand, and I actually I wish he was naughtier. In another instance, he was far too nice for me. You remember how Enniskant Freedom has been on Lebron about being a Nike spokesman's right, and so Lebron met Annas cant in the back hallway of an arena. Apparently Annis Cantor said nothing to him. I wish Lebron was a little naughtier to him in that instance. Tell Anna Scanter, they're playing you, They're using you for your agenda, even though Anna Scanter's actual reason, deep down his motive might be right. I mean, he's getting played all over the place. So anyways, I wish Lebron was a little bit meaner in that instance. But Lebron, yes, he's this is the meanest Lebron we've ever seen. It's not that mean, frankly, but yeah, he definitely, he definitely meant to whack Isaiah Stewart as hard as he possibly could. He did that that grunt face if you look real close, like you put your lips together and you try and do something real strong. So he did that to Isaiah Stewart. Did he means to get him right in the mouth or I'm sorry writing the mouth right in the eye. Maybe he meant the mouth because Isaiah Stewart definitely dipped a little bit lower. But yeah, Lebron's the naughty one on my my naughty list. Sorry, sorry Lebron. He doesn't usually he doesn't usually warrant it because he does a lot of other good things off the court. But I don't know, Santa might be thinking not this year.
Speaker 1: Getting anything in the old stocking?
Speaker 3: Is he?
Speaker 1: What about you, Lee, who's on your NBA ninety list.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm going in a slightly different direction about a.
Speaker 4: Performance on the court, And it's tough to look at a guy who's averaging twenty to ten. Basically if you round up and five assists and think that he's having a bad season or he's being a naughty player. But Julius Randall, I mean, he's not having a bad season. It's just last season the bar was raised so high by him. He just hasn't been able to get back to that level at all this season. It's almost like he's in some sort of breakout season sophomore slump. Because last season he was an All Star, he was the most Improved Player, he was All NBA second Team.
Speaker 2: But he's not really anywhere near any of those accolades this season.
Speaker 4: Obviously, he can't win well, he could technically win Most Improved, but he won't win that.
Speaker 2: But will he even be.
Speaker 4: An All Star this year? I would say it's probably unlikely from what we've seen so far, because he just hasn't been able to impact games like he did last season. And you know, combine that but the fact that the Knicks have struggled to match last season's eforts. Right now, they're fourteen and seventeen.
Speaker 2: They've really struggled at home.
Speaker 4: Last season, the Knicks had the fourth best defense. They've dropped off there. They're twenty third so far at this point of the season. Right now, that's not all Randall's fault, of course, you know, you don't just want to throw him under the bus. But I think what we have found out this season, and this really started in the playoffs, I think last season against Atlanta Hawks, I just don't think he's a number one guy.
Speaker 2: I think Julius Randall clearly.
Speaker 4: To me, is more suited as a number two option, you know, the Scottie Pippen if you like, which is again certainly not an insult. Scotty was the greatest number two of all time, probably and I think that's just where Julius is probably better. He needs that other guy who can go out there and take more of the sort of responsibility, and Julius just hasn't been able to handle those expectations like we saw from him, you know, this time last season when he burst out of the gates and he was great for the Knicks and they were winning games, and he.
Speaker 2: Was looking pretty dominant. This season again, twenty and ten.
Speaker 4: I mean, anyone would love a twenty and ten average, but it just doesn't have anywhere near the same impact that had last season. He sort of struggled to hit those big shots and carry the team in moments where they really have needed him. So there's a lot of things going wrong there in New York. They're out now that they lose Derek Rose here for eight weeks with any surgery, which is not good for them.
Speaker 2: Kemba Walker clearly hasn't panned out.
Speaker 4: He's only playing right now because they're so desperate for players, and even Tom Thibodeau. You know, this is something we talked about sort of when the Knicks hired him. He tends to have an impact on teams in that first season, a really strong impact, and then it starts to sort of lessen the impact in the seasons following that, and I think we're also seeing a little bit of that.
Speaker 2: So, you know, the Knicks were a great story last year. They made the playoffs.
Speaker 4: They started off this season with a big, big bong double overtime victory against the Celtics, but unfortunately that was pretty much their high point of the season.
Speaker 2: It's kind of been downhill ever since then. And I think a lot.
Speaker 4: Of it has been the expectations and hope that Rander would replicate what he did last season or even get better, and that just hasn't been the case.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's got some Passcalciak and vibes from making the LMB and then coming back to earth a little bit. Yeah, Julius Reynald has not been the same. He was phenomenal last year, but yeah, the numbers are still there, but it's not the same shot make an impact that he had last year.
Speaker 1: At the top of my NBA naughty list is basically really thirty names, but I'm gonna lump them into one NBA GMS. And here's why they're not making trades. They're not given the content that we need. Look into our veins. Come on, yeah, they're not making deals here. And you look at some teams. I mean not all thirty teams should be making a deal, but the Blazers and Pacers, We've talked about them ad nauseum. I mean, they're both thirteen and nineteen. They need to shake it up.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: Is that moving a McCullum or Nurkic if you're the Blazer, isn't moving a Sabonus or a Turner or if you're the Pacer, Like, Okay, we've gone over and over and over it. They have to But then you said the Nick Lee, that's a sub five hundred team here, thirty games in The Hawks are also one of those teams. Could they use a little shake up around the fringes at least a little injection of life into that. The Hornets desperately need a big We've talked about that they're about a five hundred team. It feels like every team's almost a five hundred team. Tho it's out of like six teams in the league. The MAVs another five hundred type squad. BA could use a shakeup. So come on, GMS. And maybe Darryl Moury is the culprit of all of this, because he's sitting on Ben Simmons there and he's waiting. He wants a Lillard, he wants a Beal, he wants something sexy. I don't think it's gonna be that great, so let's just get it going here. So I'm picking NBA GMS as at the top of my naughty list. I hear what you're saying for selfish reasons. Yeah, sorry, it is for us, selfish.
Speaker 3: For you, but it's also I would like that as well. Obviously JD would like that as well. Lee would like that. So Lee would love to jump on an emergency podcast from Calgary. It would just be an excuse for him to come inside and get a little bit warm. But Darryl Mourray, I like the fact that he's waiting because Joel Embiid's peak is right now. I like the fact that Darryl Moury isn't just going after a good player. I think he should wait for a rate player because if they go and get somebody on the periphery, you know, somebody who's decent. There was the Jeremy Grant name being thrown out there, who obviously would help. But I think you got to go for it in these embid years. Let's say they go get a Jeremy Grant and let's say they drop out in the second round. Even it's just I wouldn't call it a wasted season, but it's another season in Joel Embiid's brain that I guess it ain't gonna work in Philadelphia. I'm not saying he's leaving, but you know what I mean, Like, it's just another one of those bad seasons. But I'm with you make a trade. It's December twenty third. I've been up since December fifteenth, when eighty four percent of the league was eligible to be traded. I've been up for eight straight days. I thought a trade was gonna happen at midnight December fifteenth. I wasn't fool. It's hard to make a trade. It is hard to make a trade. And I'm glad Mary's not pushing it. But yeah, you'd think Charlotte has to happen, Yeah, pretty soon, somebody like.
Speaker 1: I mean I went through like seven or eight teams there, Lee, I'm sure you agreed with a lot of the squads that there are moves to be made, either like really big switch ups like in case of the or in an instance of the Blazers or the Piecers or other around the fringe tape moves with a lot of them. Again, these like five hundred teams, Like we've played enough of the season to sort of know where a lot of these squads lae.
Speaker 4: That's true, Yeah, And this was one of the things that Darryl Moury kind of it was implied that he was going to wait for you know, let's see how the first quarter or first third of the season goes, and then we can start to see which teams are looking a little more desperate than others. And that's kind of now, I think what he's clearly sent the message to the Ben Simmons camp is we're not bowing down to sort of pressure from him or his agent or his people to just get him out of there as soon as possible.
Speaker 2: Daryl Moury is going to play.
Speaker 4: The long game here and he's going to wait until he gets exactly what he wants in return, or he's just going to make Ben Simmons, you know, sit out in his own sort of on his side there, and really he just has to wait. And that's the real problem here for this trade, because it's going to happen. It's just a matter of when it happens and exactly who gets traded. But Darryl Moury is just saying, I have the power right now, I have the leverage, and I think this is one of those things. Actually, you know that the NBA, and I think Adam Silver and some of the other gms probably like the fact that player power hasn't sort of come in and overruled that situation, because you know, we saw when Anthony Davis basically said to the Pelicans, I went out of here and I want to go to the Lakers, and eventually it happened. It didn't quite happen when they wanted it to him and his team there. But Ben Simmons has said the same thing. I want to get out of here. I want to go to the Lakers or the Warriors, And Darren morri is like, sorry, that's just not happening. You're just going to have to wait until the right trade materializes that helps the Philadelphia seventy six ers right now. And so in that sense, you know, Darren Mori is just sort of saying, I don't have to trade you right now because I don't want to until I get that deal.
Speaker 2: But I think really is the right one for us?
Speaker 1: Is your power flickering over there? Why were your lights off and then suddenly back on again?
Speaker 4: Great question, one of those one of those little kinks that we're working out, A good, good one to do it.
Speaker 2: On December twenty three when a few people are distracted.
Speaker 4: Maybe we don't have the biggest audience we are hoping for, so you can work these things out.
Speaker 3: That's all we're doing here.
Speaker 1: I thought you were going to go to sleep for a second. You're like, Okay, that's enough. I'm talking for fifteen minutes, hi, guys.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, when it's cold and cozy.
Speaker 4: It does certainly feel like you want to hop under the covers a little bit more often in bed here, you know.
Speaker 2: So, yeah, I think I'm back. Now, I think good spirits they're so weak.
Speaker 1: Great, you're looking great. Let's get to Santa's NBA Nice List. Then all right, let's switch it up. Who do you have tests.
Speaker 3: Stephen Curry and not not for on the cloor, on the floor, Yeah, yeah, yeah, Okay, he's got the most threes in NBA history. I get it, he did that great. But to me, why he's nice is that he is sharing his power. He has signed a landmark agreement with Yukon's Asy Fudd as his first basketball player that he's mentoring. Now, she is a great baller herself, but now what he's doing for her is opening all the doors that he has opened, and she can just walk right in. Like every business partner, she gets to talk to. Every opportunity that Steph Curry has, every business venture that he's entered, she gets to be a part of. It's a landmark agreement where he is the mentor. This name, image and license barrier that has been dropped by college basketball is now opened up. These sort of opportunities where Steph is now mentoring azy Fudd, but she's just a first and he is obviously always given back to women's basketball to people of color, and so in this instance, yeah, every door that he's open, she can come right in and be a part of that. Yeah. It's a great article on The Athletic about it. And not only does she is she a part of the business ventures in the business side of things, but she's got access to everything you know, basketball worthy as well. Like she was at a game when they played the Nets. She was their pregame, she was there in the locker room, was maybe not the locker room, but she was there in the back hallway pre and post game, and she got to hang out with Steph during his pregame warm up. And Steph actually had a bad pregame warm up and asy Fudd said, how how do you bounce back after that? And stuff actually said this was interesting, he said, I like when that happens because it kind of makes me recalibrate, refocus when things aren't going well in pregame warm up. So that was so she's got access to that side. She's got access to every venture that Aisha Curry actually has as well. So everything that Steph has that that he's had the opportunity to get into business wise, she's there as well. So it's a it's a name, image license agreement that because because that's changed, and so I think the whole mentorship will change as well from NBA player. So this is this is the first of that type of agreement for me. He walks into I don't know who he's what was the the oxygen company the for or something oxygen water, oxygen with an eye. Anyways, she's water. She was walking. She walks in and says, Hey, what's up with your water? But she can walk into that that boardroom and have that conversation because Steph. So everywhere Steph goes, Asy goes. So that's that's a.
Speaker 1: Pretty deal between her and then Curry business.
Speaker 3: And yeah, yeah, it's Steph's business is called sc thirty, InCor that that brand, And yes, it's a it's a landmark agreement where he is her mentor. And uh, you have to to obviously to lift up women's basketball, to lift up women, to lift up people of color. But yeah, she's she's great in her in and of herself. She was at Curry's camp in twenty eighteen, only one of two women, and she won the three point contests. Lots of NBA players there too, John Green, Anthony Edwards, Cole, Anthony RJ. Hampton were there and she won the three point contest. She's a balla.
Speaker 1: I'm get tassy with these unique answers here to the NBA show.
Speaker 3: That's great, that's great, it's Steph Steph great. Yeah, he hit shots great, but what he's doing off the court more important.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, Lee, I gotta feel you're gonna get it back to the court here. This guy does though. He loves the three point shots. So I'm sure you loved that story. That was really cool. I didn't know that. Who do you have Lee on your you know NBA ielist.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm back here in Tranto, so I'm going with a Tirano favorite, even though.
Speaker 2: He's a bull right now. And I believe Demarda.
Speaker 4: Rosen is honestly having his best individual season ever.
Speaker 5: Really.
Speaker 4: I mean, in terms of numbers, He's had other seasons where he scored slightly more. He's even shot slightly better a couple of years ago there in San Antonio. But to me, there is just no doubt this is the most dominant he has ever looked at. And you know, he's got the twenty seven points on fifty percent shooting only five rebounds before us is fine. He's never been a big rebound guy. He's never been a big assist guy. But when it's winning time in the fourth quarter, that's where he's just been so good, leading the league in scoring average at eight points per game, shooting fifty four percent and ninety one percent.
Speaker 2: Again, this is all in the fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: And just think about how many times we've seen a Bulls game and in that fourth quarter, DeRozan has clearly been the best player on the court. He's done against the Lakers, the Nets, the next, the Raptors, the list goes.
Speaker 2: On and on.
Speaker 4: And also in those games, I mean, particularly against the Nets, he was going to Kevin Durant, you know, like it's not like he's just posting up against some you know, guy who's just been called up even the co coronavirus protocols right now. He's doing it against legit defense, against legit competition. And really, what an offseason signing that has been for the Bulls, because you know, when they sign him three years or I think it was around eighty five to ninety million dollars there. You know, it's like, is this guy maybe just at the end of his career. You're really over paying for him. Honestly, right now, that looks like the best offseason signing and it looks like a bargain as well. And the fact that he's gone into a team that already had a high scoring guard slash forward there at Zach Lavine, and Zach hasn't in any way had his game interrupted or there's been no clashing between those two guys about who's getting the last shots. It's clearly DeRozan's team in the fourth quarter, and it really is paying off the Bulls. They look fantastic right now. I have DeRozan He's an absolute lock for the All Star Game. In fact, I have him down as a front court starter. I think that's still the case when thever those teams get announced. Look, he's not going to win a MVP. We're not going to get too crazy here. Sure it's Christmas, but he has been as high as number five on Sketzy's old favorite there, the Basketball Reference MVP tracker. He's not He's not to win, but he's certainly having such an incredible season, and I think it reflects on just the way that the Bulls have been this season. They've been a team that coming in, you know, we weren't sure if they were going to be a significantly improved team. I think right now, if they fall anywhere shorter than fourth in the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 2: That'll be a bit of a leadown.
Speaker 4: I think they've been playing so well their minimum goal right now should be for a home courted vantage in the first round. I think they're going to get there. So, you know, DeRozan's been fantastic. He's been great to watch and again really stepping up. He had the nineteen points in the fourth quarter against the Lakers just the other day in a close game, and that really just showed how dominant he's been and how hard he has been to defend.
Speaker 2: So lots of love here for DeMar's.
Speaker 4: Yeah, former Raptor now Bull, So you know he's you know, he's going to be loved by all the no dunks and starters crew and fans.
Speaker 1: Oh you see Trey here in the stream team actually saying that the entire Bulls team league could be on the NBA nacelest with the season they've had.
Speaker 4: Well, absolutely, yeah, for sure. I mean, and I think it goes back even to the front office. There kindition for signing Alex Caruso, you know, getting DeMar de Rosen. Of course Lonzo Ball as well. They cost them the second round pick or something like that in five years time to get Lonzo Ball. But pretty much everything that they have done in the front office has paid off for them. And Chicago's playing right now, you know. I mean, there's still maybe a little bit of a depth issue as far as they're big man. You know that Vucci's had his moments, but at other times he hasn't looked as good and you know, in certain situations. But overall, I think the Chicago Bulls where we sit today, at worst, the third best team in the Eastern Conference.
Speaker 1: I got a few people on my nice list in the NBA. I want to start with Joe Johnson, the Armadillo Cowboy. Yeah, I saw Joe. You saw this last night, Lely. I don't know if you're watching this game. Basting up the victory over the Cavs ten point victory, the crowd was chanting, we want Joe Sky at forty years old, you know, the Big Three. MVP hasn't been in the league in a couple of years. What is it? Seven time All Star? A lot of that coming with the Hawks, but he gets it and he nails the bucket from around the free throw line. Place goes insane. This was a feel good moment in a very weird season where that hasn't been a lot to you know, actually cheer on with people leaving the lineups left and right here, but this was pretty wild test.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and usually when an older guy comes back, he'll come in clank a couple right, But Joe pure, absolutely pure. And I saw this tweet from Tim Reynolds and I couldn't believe it. Only two guys have hit baskets with the same team when they were twenty years old and forty years old, right, I couldn't believe there's only two guys. And so Joe is one of them because he was drafted by the Boston Celtics twenty years ago in two thousand and one, and he comes back in twenty twenty one. The other one we just talked about yesterday, he's retired, but he was on our show yesterday. He made a quick appearance because he was in the broadcast booth. Lee, do you know or was it two days ago he was in the broadcast booth. He was on the call. Oh Dirk, Dirk, Yeah, oh yeah, yeah, only Dirk and Joe Johnson have hit bastards on.
Speaker 4: The automatically thinking of someone who you know, maybe played one season with the team, and then it.
Speaker 3: Was a little yeah three for a loop there. But Joe looking good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he actually honestly looks in great cheap for a forty year old lely he's been doing some bar three ethic.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it is.
Speaker 4: It is hilarious because Doc Rivers had a quote the other day where he's been getting calls from you know, random dudes who have been out of the league for a few years, and Doc's like, there's.
Speaker 2: No way you can still play in the NBA.
Speaker 4: But Joe Johnson has kept himself in great shape, been playing really well for in the three on three there, and then just came out there and got a bucket wearing number fifty five as well, which was which was pretty cool to see. So yeah, I mean that's the silver lining to this, you know, all these players missing out right now, is that you know, there's a couple of old guys.
Speaker 2: Lance Stevenson was back to the Atlanta Hawks.
Speaker 1: I saw him in person down at the Fortress last night. He did not look as good as I will say.
Speaker 2: I mean, Lands is probably only thirty.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, so Joe Johnson, forty year old, just going at that getting a bucket, right.
Speaker 1: Joe Johnson set a new record for time between games with the same team too, nineteen years and three hundred and eight days. Because, as you said toast, he was drafted by the Celtics like tenth overall in two thousand and one, and then he was traded that season like as a rook but then comes back last night after signing with the squad and hits the bucket. You want to play some trivially, yes, okay, because this is a great one by way of ESPN. So again, longest span between appearances for the same team. Joe Johnson has the record. Now who did he just eclipse? And I'm going to give you a hint we work that's going to be a big giveaway. One of our colleagues at the Athletic knows this man very well. I would say like we would call him Dad, almost.
Speaker 3: Would call him Dad Winnington No as in he is his son.
Speaker 1: I believe, I believe somebody at the.
Speaker 3: Athletic is the son of a guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of the players, James Edwards, that's right. I guess for the Lakers, he had a big fourteen year gap James Edwards did, Yeah, a little strange. Okay, then a lot of them have like thirteen years or twelve years. We had this guy on the show, on the Starter's program. He did a famous thing using the table.
Speaker 3: Bernard King. Bernard King, Yeah, a spin.
Speaker 1: He knows that a spin. He was showing us on the table.
Speaker 3: This is how spin in the post.
Speaker 1: So that's what the nets there, Lee, Okay, this one. We never had this man on the starters though, you know, we considered him. You know, he was obviously a colleague, I dare I say, a good friend. We hung out at some Christmas parties. He's obviously an unbelievable Is he in the Hall of Fame? Kevin go No, no, not Kavin. I can't remember if he actually got in the Hall of Fame or maybe he hasn't yet, And that's the big controversy. Yeah you got it, Yeah, you got it. Chris Webber with the Warriors, right, Okay, A Chicago bull here. But Lee, you know him as a New York Nick that's who everybody knows him as. No, no, no, it's a good that's a good guess. That's a good guess. He he played with Jordan, and then he played against Jordan. That's your big hint. And then his buddies with Jordan still Charles Oakley are two more. This is a classic raptors name task.
Speaker 3: I think if Charles Oakley is a rap well, okay, yeah, give me give me a classic.
Speaker 1: So the team again, longest span between appearances. The team was the Spurs, But you don't ever really think of this guy as a Spurs player. I don't think you think him as a Raptor Robertson, No, that's that's a good guess.
Speaker 3: Willie Anderson.
Speaker 1: No, he's a big guy, got a great he's got a memorable name. There's been never another this guy in the call and final one. You keep talking about this guy. He's current player. He plays for this team that he's had the long span between it's obviously played on a bunch of teams, but you you talk about him a lot. I feel like like.
Speaker 6: You, no, no, we got a current player here, But task talks about him like, uh, you make a lot of comparisons to him because this guy played like an instrumental role on a championship team.
Speaker 1: You just said it the other day. This guy's Dave like maybe yesterday, not Gary Neil, No better than Gary Neil. I mean, this guy not a Hall of Fame player.
Speaker 2: But what time, what team? What team is it with?
Speaker 1: Well, okay, he plays for the Lakers. I'm giving you it away now, Trevor, that.
Speaker 3: Fifth guy on a championship team, ready to do what a weird trivia question that was?
Speaker 1: So we got there. We got there. That's a that's a fascinating little fact to know though. So, like the point is Joe Johnson destroyed the previous record. I said it was like fourteen years something James Edwards nineteen years, nearly twenty years for Joe Johnson that as well. So that was a feel good moment. My other you know selection here for the NBA nice List, it's the rookie class. It's a good one, okay because you know, and look, we're not gonna go through every single guy here. Again, We've talked a lot about Mobley, a lot about Scottie Barnes, a lot about Kate Cunningham. But then it really is nice. I mean, Giddy does look special. Josh Giddy looks very special at times too. He does a talent.
Speaker 3: You said Giddy and Josh Giddy.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I meant I met for that second one. I mean he looks like he could be like a diamond in the rough. Duarte, He's gonna play a long time in this league.
Speaker 3: You're you're the biggest Chris Duarte.
Speaker 1: I like that guy's gonna be around for a long time.
Speaker 3: That's fair.
Speaker 1: Jalen Green, I mean he's out right now. He's got the hamstringer. He did have a thirty point game. He hit eight threes in like one of his game. He had like another twenty four point games. So there's flashes there. Yeah, I still believe you're not giving up on him. Shan Gunn.
Speaker 3: He's great.
Speaker 1: He shows flashes of brilliance. I mean these are davy On Mitchell screams second team old defense for a couple of times. You know he's got that. And then Frank Wagner, So I'm with my own eyes last night.
Speaker 3: You're calling him Frank Wagner. Yeah, yeah, why I don't know that you got auto corrected.
Speaker 1: I wrote it down like that. I think I did get auto corrected. But twenty five points last night, he is. He's way better than I thought to the more I watch it him, I got footwork. Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: So much of the fun it's just saying his first name is from Yeah, Frank.
Speaker 1: I'm calling him Frank.
Speaker 3: Now you know who you know who's also giddy by Josh Gatty's play, His coach, Mark Digno. Somebody mentioned here in the stream team we passed the naughty list, but Mark Digno's got to be on the naughty list because of that crew next sweater that he wore. Okay, he's got to be on there. What are you doing with that crew next sweater? Sir? We can get away from the suits, but as we said, you need some sort of caller, you need a polo, or you need a quarter zip. That's even acceptable. But this is this is what we're I'm wearing.
Speaker 1: It sounds like you need a button or a zip anything.
Speaker 3: I'm wearing the same thing that Mark Digno wore, essentially, but mine's a little bit flasher. I mean he would have yeah anyway.
Speaker 1: All right, one more question here in the holiday spirit of things. What is on your NBA Christmas wish list?
Speaker 3: Test It's got to be Zion Onmson. Let's get back to the floor. Zion Wimson has to get back playing basketball now. I will say one good sign is that stan Van Gundy, his former head coach, as head coach of just one season, and even though stan Van was fired, he has come out and been in Zion's corner. And he said to multiple people on Twitter, just going after the twitterati that are coming after him, he said, you and all the other people commenting on here, you've got no idea what he weighs or what his body fat is. And none of the injuries he has had have had anything to do with conditioning. I think that's important. You know, stand Ban tells it like it is. I don't think he's he's trying to sugarcoat anything. He's clearly saying none of the injuries have had anything to do with conditioning. Now everybody's saying he's got to get in shape. Stan Van adds, of course he needs to get in great shape. Everybody does. So I like the fact that stan Van has said that. He went on to say the Joel Embiid example, at the beginning of his career and be played thirty one games through his first three seasons in the league because he missed his first two. Then he came back and played thirty one seasons and Zion has already played three times that stand vans and numbers man. So he said, yeah, that's that's a good example that Zion can can try and can try and reach for to try and be Joel Embiid and try and be that guy. Now we've talked about the.
Speaker 1: Issue of course is is he Greg Oden or is he Joel Embiid?
Speaker 3: Right, yes, when it comes to health, well, I went I went down a rabbit hole yesterday and started watching William Perry. We're going We're going back in the NFL some refrigerator highlights.
Speaker 1: I mean that man can move, Yeah, a touchdown.
Speaker 3: Sure, he's a very big man. So so there there's he plays a different sport he does, he does, but he's quite agile. He can move left to right and and hopefully Zion Williamson can emulate the fridge. No, let's hope he's more like well, he's he's nowhere like Joel and because he moves so much more explosively, yeah, uh and and and he's just he's a different, different guy that you can get into the whole science of it all, the whole physics of it all. Can this man play this sport being that big? But the fact is, yeah, maybe physically you just can't. Maybe biologically he just can't. But stan Ban coming out and being in his corner for a guy again who was fired by the Pelicans after just one season, could have a bone to pick, but he's absolutely saying none of those injuries had anything to do with conditioning. And so that's a good sign for Zion obviously going forward here. And I just want to see him back because it's easy to forget all all the talk is about injury. So he did forget that he was at twenty seven points per game and sixty percent from the floor to twenty seven twenty seven in year two. I mean he didn't even have a full year one. So yeah, my Christmas wish list is to see a very very very unique player, the only player that I can connect him to plays another sport. William the Refrigerator Perry.
Speaker 1: He's like a I mean, he's like a souped up Barkley. He's super tall or bigger Barkley. He's largely yeah, yeah, yeah, that's that's fair. But he's so explosive. Okay, so Zion coming back, get back, all right, that's that's a great, great gift to have, I guess on your Christmas wish list. What about Julie.
Speaker 4: Well, look, if you go to the Basketball Reference Minnesota Timberwolves franchise in decks, it's pretty grim reading. There's only one playoff appearance since two thousand and four, and they only won one game there against the Houston Rockets.
Speaker 2: So I hope the.
Speaker 4: Minnesota Timberwolves can get back to the playoffs. That's what I want to see. They're right now, fifteen and sixteen. They've had some good moments this season. They've had some pretty bad moments as well. They're ninth right now, they're in the playing tournament as we sit here today. But I would love to see it if the tim Wolves could put everything together and just make it into the playoffs again and see what happens, because, honestly, for a couple of reasons, I want to just see Carl Anthony town see how much he's changed since the last playoff appearance, And I honestly want to see Anthony Edwards, not just on the court in the playoffs. I want to see his off court scrums and press conferences and things like that. Because Anthony Edwards talks, he is not afraid to sort of call someone out talk the talk and then go out there and walk the fort walk.
Speaker 2: He's also got the flip phone.
Speaker 4: I want to sort of see all those other little things he brings to the whole playoff picture. So you know, they're in a funny position right now, the Wolves, because this is their squad.
Speaker 2: I think it's Towns, Russell and Edwards, and.
Speaker 4: Then they've got a few other players on the periphery there who can make a contribution. But if those three guys together can just finally get Minnesota into some point where they're like, Okay, they're in the playoffs. Now, let's just see what happens. They're young, they're healthy, they're active. Maybe things can improve. Because it has been such a long time since the Minnesota Timbwolves have been even remotely close to sort of contending, and I just want to see it change. I like it's a bit like the Sacramento Kings. You know, La, Sure, we've made a few jokes over the years on them, But don't you just want to be like, oh, that fan base just deserves a team in the playoffs. And you know, like I say, right now, the Timberwolves have had some good moments. Edwards is a legit star. There's no doubt about it. He's not going to make the All Star team this year, I don't think, but I certainly think it's on the horizon for him. And he's also just a great guy off the court. So that's where I'm hoping that the Timberwolves can take this fifteen and sixteen record, get a little bit over five hundred, maybe forty five wins, and then see what happens coume playoff time, because it would be good to see them just back in their competing and in the postseason for what feels like something that just never really happens in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 5: I like that.
Speaker 1: If t K's still watching, I got one on my Christmas wish list, SI Gildas Alexander becomes an All Star in twenty twenty two. There's still hope. I still believe for those that are new to the show, I don't know what two or three seasons ago, we made a weird bet with SGA blossom into an All Star. Trays like now, not that quickly, I said, no, I believe. I believe, And he had a monster game last night. So this is great timing here for me making this pick. Twenty seven points, eleven boards, twelve assists, so his second career triple double in a win over the Nuggets where coach Malone, I don't know if you saw that, said get out of here, starters. That includes you raining MVP. Okitch, you're not coming back. I don't like your energy, and they didn't return. And okay, so he got to win. That's a whole other thing though, we could talk about on a different day. But in his past ten games, SGA averaging twenty five points, six assists. He had the game winner that we've already talked about. He had the game winner before that that was somehow trumped by DeVante Graham and his sixty one foot bomb. So he's hitting these clutch shots. He had a big one against the Lakers early in the season. I saw stat muse tweeting, Okay, see when SGA plays fifty three win percentage solid above five hundred, they'd be right in the mix in the Western Conference when he's out sixteen point seven wine, So not very good there. SGA, I think couldn't make it as a replacement player. And I don't want to wish an injury upon any guard that's in the West, but that will likely be his best chances because I went through the All Stars last year, Curry and Luca were the starting guards. Then you had three reserve guards in Lillard, Donovan, Mitchell, and Chris Paul Booker. Then was a replacement for Anthony Davis, and then Conley was a replacement for Booker. Okay, but you're generally gonna get five, maybe six guard positions on your roster, let's call it. Let's call it probably more likely five, right, So what does that mean for this season and SGA's chances. Curry, Luca despite the maps you know, being pretty mediocre, and Mitchell are locks. Like those three are one hundred percent going to be All Stars? Right, Le you agree with that? Yeah, Okay, the Sun's record being the best team in the NBA, well, they're getting one for sure, and then maybe two.
Speaker 3: Again probably right, you would like they would have one. I would just hope that the the Yeah, I would think it's Booker it should be Booker, although Theys miss seven games. I would just hope that the coaches vote don't cannibalize each other. It's just gonna be a lot vote Booker cancel each other out because there's gonna be Booker votes, there's gonna be CP votes.
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I think should one one for sure is going to I'm sorry, and then two maybe again. Chris Paul is still playing at an all star level. His numbers do not wow you, but again, they're on the maybe the best team in the league. He's the closer he has that he being a VET. Coaches go up, Chris Paul's still good pulling them back in.
Speaker 3: And they're more likely to get two guards I think, than one of those guards plus DeAndre.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, probably. Okay, So well, that's I've named five if both of them are in. But let's say there's one more spot. Even the his competition SGA's right now would be John Morant, who has missed some time too, and the Grizzlies played awesome without him. I mean, I don''m not gonna hold that against him, but he's he's played twenty games, so sixty six percent of games right now, there's a lot of time before the Ulcer game, so John Morant Westbrook, but I feel like that ship has sailed right okay, right away? Okay, Anthony edwards Ley, you brought his name up. I mean I think I think he is like it's just too soon. Like you know, he's like he scores like twenty two points per game, but now he's missing time. He won't be making it this year though, like you said, in the coming years. Yes, and then de Johntay Murray and the numbers he's putting up on the Spurs and you know, okay, see he has a pretty similar record right now. It's Antonio. I think they're like a game behind him and the win. Last call point is I think I mean, is Jahn Morant or Sga. I mean Johntay Murray. He's got his fans and I love him too. He'll he'll get some recognition there.
Speaker 3: Oh it's jaw. If it's between Jah and Shay, yes, especially yeah where they are in the standings, Shay is now veering towards the bottom of the Western Conference standings, very very very close.
Speaker 1: Well, I say all that to say ye that it's close and it's going to take probably unfortunately an injury. He's got to be a replacement.
Speaker 3: Well at least he's on the spectrum. Yeah, yeah, he's he's in the conversation, oh.
Speaker 1: For sure, for sure, and he is amazing and the team is obviously a completely different team when he plays. And h if it's not this year, maybe I can get trade to give me like a one more year again to our bet everything extension. Yeah, exactly. See, I don't eve think Trey would because he's smart. He's like, no, he's he's so close to it. He very he could make it next year, especially for OC case he made a move and got somebody.
Speaker 4: Yet I think I think as well, you know, you make good cases if those other players, there's the one sort of player he's going to get the veteran love from the coaches, despite the fact that he lately has been playing much better, but he got off to a terrible start.
Speaker 2: It's lilith leilard.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's definitely going to get the respect vote.
Speaker 1: That's a good point.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, I feel like he's got the Lifetime Award, Like you just you just can't leave him out now really, Yeah.
Speaker 4: Like it's like Joe Johnson speaking about Joe Johnson, Remember he got it, you know, for a couple of years there, and LaMarcus Aldridge has.
Speaker 2: Also had it as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but there were some instances where it was like, I mean the other names that Joe Johnson was maybe making it over were not amazing like these I just took it like three or four guys that are playing at a pretty high level.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I love it could be there, I agree, and Little It's had some injury problems as well this season. But if he played, you know, voting opens on Christmas Day. Now, we know he's not going to get voted him, but if he was to play right up until the point where the coaches have to make their choices and he continues to play the way he has the last you know, three or four games here, it's going to be hard to keep him off just because it's like, yeah, Little It deserves. It's been a rough season. Things haven't gone well there in Portant, so you know, he's got a case. He's got a strong case as always.
Speaker 3: Tough spot, tough spot to make an All Star appearance. But I do think you should get a year extension because I think there's there's two there's been year extensions all over the place. This is a this is a weird one I heard of. You see all those lists of these accomplished people under thirty, or these accomplished people under forty, even those get extended. You could be forty or forty one. Now because of these crazy last couple of years, you get an extra year. It's like the last year it didn't happen, Like you're still thirty nine or you're still twenty nine.
Speaker 1: You're saying I could make like a Best of the forty list inspite being.
Speaker 3: Forty one, one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, those are happy to offline extension.
Speaker 3: Because I was asked if I wanted to be nominated for Best Greek Canadian American, this Greek thing anyways, it's just it's just being Greek. It's just it's just being agreed. Well, I mean, you know, it's like asked to be nominated, so it's like anybody could be nominated. I was asked if you if I wanted to be nominated, and I'm forty, so I said no, there's no I can't even think about doing it. He said, Well, the guy I'm speaking with said, well, you know, the last couple of years. Don't count everybody who's forty and over against so you get an extension. That's all I'm saying. Weird things are happening.
Speaker 1: It's a weird world list that you're on. Who else is going to be on this list?
Speaker 3: Vasili Spinoulish Classic, Kevin Pangos, Princess Prince Desi's yeah, just Greek list, just Greek names your Greek people in the world. I said, who did? Who did? I say? There Kevin Pangos, the Calves Guard, the Canadian Calves guy. I don't think he's Greek. It sounds Greek. He's not Greek. But he played Overseas Ballard that's a minutes last.
Speaker 1: Ear a new ball sounds Jewish. I don't think he is. Shout out to Batio. All right, let's take our first break. Lee, don't go anywhere because I want to. I want to buy you some gifts from the Hamaker caateglogue. Yeah right, you weren't on terday show, and Jad actually has a gift to open. And I want to get your thoughts on the Hall of Fame list, so lots more STI will come here on the no dungk drop. We'll be right back all right back when No Dun's lily up in Toronto. Lee, Before I select a few gifts for you from the Harmarker Slimmer Catalog, I wanted to get your teak on the Nismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame list of nominees or eligible candidates for the class of twenty two. We talked about it yesterday, obviously didn't have you on the show. We were talking to TK what are your thoughts on Jernobili and a bunch of these other names, including one of your favorites and Tom Chambers there, But yeah, what was your take?
Speaker 4: Well, Tom Chambers should automatically be in the Hall of Fame for still doing the being the only person to ever become a replacement player in the All Star Game to go on a win MVP. It's never been done other than when Tommy did it in nineteen eighty seven. So that alone, for me qualifies him as a legit Hall of Famer. But unfortunately, outside of that, there's just not enough accolades. Tommy has got the twenty thousand point plato he's in there. He was a four time All Star, I think, two time All NBA. But unfortunately I'm just not sure there's enough there for him to actually qualify on meritor otherwise outside of that All Star Game performance. So it's funny to me, like a guy who hasn't played now forever twenty years, like he's finally just getting considered for it now. So I wonder what the delay was or why it hasn't happened before that. So I don't think Tommy makes it, unfortunately, but for me, Mana Genobili should be an absolute luck. And again the whole the Basketball Hall of Fame is great because it takes him more than just what happened in the NBA. Of course, he won a gold medal there for Argentina, and he's he won a lot in Europe as well before he even came to the NBA, So I think he's got more than an impressive resume to get in and to qualify him. But also Mana Genobili, if you look at his numbers and statistics and even his NBA accolades, like he's only a two time All Star, you know, those sorts of things. For a lot of people, if you're not a Sicico, think well, he couldn't have been.
Speaker 2: That good, but he was much much better. Than the numbers show for him.
Speaker 4: I mean the amount of times you know, he sacrificed for the greater good there in San Antonio, came off the bench and ended games or certainly had the ball in his hand latent games to make the right decisions for the Spurs was just so impressive. I think he's one of the most courageous, the toughest players that we've ever seen, and he was just incredibly awesome. He was a clutch player, clutch shot maker, and had some huge moments. So but I'm also like Mon who's probably easily in my top five of all time favorite players atle BIT I have, Yeah, I have a bias there, but I also think he backs it up with his resume, so I think he gets in. I think he gets at Love And then you know, I scrolled down and saw who else was in consideration there and the two Pistons guys in the back court of Rip Hamilton and Chauncey Billups, and I don't think Rip Hamilton gets in. I think three time All Star, one championship, good player, but I just don't think he's done enough to get into the All Star to the Hall.
Speaker 2: Of Fame there.
Speaker 4: I think Chauncey Billups has a stronger case. You know, he also had the finals MVP, which certainly helps. Think it was a four time All Star. So I think one of those guys gets in, But I don't really think it's going to be Rip Hammels, and I just don't think he really quite did enough there. And then there's another guy who, well there's two more that I just wanted to point out, and I'll start with Tim Hardaway, who was a five time All Star, five time All NBA, and he's another one I think deserves to be in there. And I think a big part of the reason he's not in there so far is because of some comments he made in the past that I think is being held against him now. He made some very biggoted remarks that were terrible at the time. He has since apologized and he has since worked to improve his belief regarding those comments, and I think that, you know, that's the thing that you can learn from his mistakes in the past. I do think they are probably being held against him. So it'll be interesting to see if he can finally break in, because I think for a guy who was only five to ten, you know, he had an incredibly impactful role, especially on those Miami Heat teams. You know, he was a part of the run TMC Warriors. Of course that only lasted two years. That's certainly something we looked back at, you know, more nostalgically and think how much fun it was. They didn't necessarily have all that much success in terms of playoff success there, but I think Tim Hardaway qualifies based on merit.
Speaker 2: I think he's done enough. And then there's the big one, the Shaw Marion Shaw Marion.
Speaker 4: You know, we've talked about him a ton about whether or not he's an All Star, whether or not I keep saying All Star, whether or not he's a Hall of Famer, and I think he gets in. Four time All Star, won the Championship championship there with Dallas Maverick and was certainly again another player who was better than the statistics all the way that he played, because you've got to think about this guy. You know, he had one of the ugliest shots we've ever seen in the NBA, but he was still able to average twenty more than twenty points for a few seasons there, and that to me just shows how good he was it being just being in the right spot catching ali ooops from Steve nas running the floor, getting tip ins and putbacks and just making making scores and baskets out of nothing to not get any call for him, any place called for him. So I think Sean Marion gets in. Fantastic defender, great two way player. But it'll be very interesting to see how the voting goes for him, because again I think he was more impactful than necessarily the numbers or even the eye test showed for you know, casual fans.
Speaker 1: So if you had a ballot, you're saying you're you're ticking managing Nobly, Tim Hardaway, Jouncey Billups and Sean Marion those four you think are deserving Hall of Fames.
Speaker 4: I believe so yes, of that list, I mean definitely, I would put Becky Hammond in there as well. I think she has a fantastic career and a fantastic resume and also swing cash. So I'm not sure how many do they have an who get in EA chre?
Speaker 1: Is it just you got to get I don't think there's like a max or a minimum.
Speaker 4: No, Yeah, So I think Swin and Becky Hammon also again it and George Carle also, I mean sixth all time in NBA coaching wins.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think he's got a very very strong case.
Speaker 4: What about Joey Crawford, Yeah, I mean you know how many games did he referee?
Speaker 2: Like must have been a couple of thousand and that you.
Speaker 4: Know at his moments of course, but I think for what he gave to the game, he certainly deserves to be in there.
Speaker 1: Okay, I think the most fascinating name that we haven't even said here from this entire list of eligible people to go in Muggsy Bokes. And I think it's just fascinating because he's a fourteen year VET and Okay, if you look at is like a cumunal of numbers. I don't have him in front of me. They're not probably going to blow you away. You know. Obviously it wasn't like a twenty point per game score or anything like that, more than a SIS guy and steel guy. But is he helped out by the fact of being five foot three, like the shortest player to ever play in the NBA and being a memorable player at that because he's five foot three and like had success, Like what do you think tass like, should that give him a bunk? Because we had like we had a big like WhatsApp group chack going with all the guys talking about the names and stuff like that, and people are bringing up like what about Muggsy. Like, again, it's not gonna be numbers based as much as it's going to be like we're never going to see this again, which is probably fair.
Speaker 3: It's fair, and that helps this case in that it's not just a snowball effect of guys who are in the future going to be five or five or smaller or somewhere close to Muggsy Bogue's height and just continuously getting in if they get to, you know, some mark. It's really about the effect that he had, the impact that he had of players who want to play that word six foot four. Really, it's the off the court impact. He's still sort of an ambassador of the game. He's still around the game, but.
Speaker 1: Never an All Star, never in All NBA selection, you know, obviously not a champion.
Speaker 3: Again, it's more like the in the Builder's wing of the Hall of Fame almost interesting, yeah, rather than the player part of it, right, and when what he contributed to the game, yeah, being that inspirational figure.
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think Lee like no chance Muggsy ever gets into the Hall of Fame.
Speaker 4: Or no chance because you know, very popular, well loved, and also just the fact that a guy that high could have such a successful career is remarkable because you know, basketball is the one sport where you know, you're just considered to have an advantage if he's six foot six, because everyone is six foot six and you know Muggsy out there five to three running around, you know, playing at that level for so long certainly is admirable and deserves respect. So whether or not that's enough to qualify for you for the Hall of Fame, I'm not sure. We know that sometimes you know the requirements basically, just it's a subjective vote that comes down to the voters and whether or not they just think that guy's deserving. So it'd be nice to see Muggsy get that on it, but I'm just not sure if he If he will, maybe not this season. So it's hard to say, really because you know those guys, if you're going for just because it was that sentimental reason because everyone loved him, then sure, But if you open it up for that for Muggsy, then you probably have to open it up for a lot of other guys too.
Speaker 1: That's fair, all right, Lee. Well, yesterday you weren't here on the show, like I said, and I went through the Hamakushlemma catalog and picked out some gift ideas for you, gentlemen. I thought i'd save your gifts for when you were here, Lee. So I got a couple of things I want to get you, and we're gonna show them to you, and then you're gonna have to guess how much they cost, because that's what you do at Christmas, right, You open up a gift and then and then you go around the room and our house really weird. Oh yeah, Lee, don't the gift receipt? Okay, Lee, are you still there?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, okay. So Lee, my first item that I want to give to you been a good boily. It's the Italian countertop pizza oven. You're always talking about pizza.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: I know you got your green egg, but let's be honest. I remember you texting my wife Sam, what's going on with this pizza dough I've got here? I can't get the cruss rate on this Kreen Egg. So I think this way help you. Lee. It's available only from the Harmacker Schlemma. This is the countertop pizza oven designed by an Italian company that specializes in gourmy kitchen weares, and it's very powerful. It's got a twelve hundred white heating element and it works in concert with a built in twelve and a half inch diameter beaking stone. Okay, so it gets up to seven hundred and fifty fair inside this little bad boy. Yeah, first off, what do you think would you like this? Ah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'd give it a shot for sure. In terms of my pizza dough my making, it's really improved.
Speaker 2: I mean yeah, I certainly.
Speaker 4: Was communicating with your wife Nora there early on. But you know, it's like anything, the more you do it, It's like just even with just simple things like your pancakes, the more you do it, you figure out what works for you and your family. And I was able to really improve the dough making as it went on. So what I do like though, is the you know, the compactness there of that rain, And I think that is you know, you could take that away if you went camping. You know, you can't do that with you can't do that with a big green egg.
Speaker 2: But it's a did you say like, do you just plug it in? Is that? Is that all you do? We'll have fire it up.
Speaker 1: To I believe. So it's yeah, ec plug it says right here in the round. Yeah, it's nine pounds, that's all. Where is you could take this camping?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you put this enough in a fire wind tot easily and yeah.
Speaker 4: I like versatility of it there that you can be like, all right, we go on camping this weekend and we're taking this other and now I don't know how.
Speaker 2: You're plugging it.
Speaker 4: I guess yeah, I mean there's always electric outlets at some of those campsites.
Speaker 1: So yeah, maybe so yeah, Okay, Well here's here's the important part of this. How much do you think this costly?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 2: Yeah, god, this is a real price, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Where it could be like eighteen hundred bucks or it could be like one hundred and thirty three dollars. I'll go somewhere in the middle. I'll stay two hundred and forty nine ninety five.
Speaker 1: Okay, GD you want to have a crack at.
Speaker 5: This, yeah, you know, I mean I'm sort of I'm concerned about the size of this thing because these pictures are very deceiving. Look at the spout on the olive oil here, right, I mean that's massive. How bit does it say how big it is?
Speaker 1: Well, it does say that it's fourteen inch is in diameter the whole thing, And then it says nine basically nine inches in height. I assume that means when you open the well maybe.
Speaker 3: Not maybe not fourteen that's a fourteen inch pizza.
Speaker 5: No way, that's like a nine inch pizza.
Speaker 1: Well it it says built in twelve and a half inch diameter baking stone. Pizza's gonna be a little smaller, but.
Speaker 3: Well, that's pretty big. Still, it's that bad.
Speaker 5: Yeah, from pizza for one or two.
Speaker 1: Anyway, any any pizza can be for one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, don't start Please don't.
Speaker 1: See that personal theory. Okay.
Speaker 5: Anyway, all that to say, this would never fly in my house because you know, I have two teenagers who eat NonStop. But I think that this is priced around ninety nine is my guess.
Speaker 1: Okay, task, what do you think.
Speaker 3: I'm going to capitalize on JD's mistake? He said ninety nine five? Well, Proprahamaica Schlemk. Price there, you guys are way too high.
Speaker 1: Actually, Lee, when you were saying I don't know if this thing's gonna cost eighteen hundred dollars or one hundred and thirty three dollars. You were very close when you said that one hundred and thirty nine dollars and ninety five cents for an Italian a right countertop pizza. Stop bad. All right, you guys are into it, Lee, I got just something you really want though. It's all you like to do is shoot hoops, so let's just please the Aussie. Okay. Here it is the LED scoring indoor basketball hoop. Let me get you some details about this. This is the over the door basketball hoop with the built in LEDs and a shatterproof backboard score display that shots. Yes, the backboard can withstand vigorous slam dunks, while the nine and a half inch metal rim has a durable eight loop net that provides an optimal target for long shots. I love when they just don't know what to write in these things and they just gets so wordy. An infrared sensor detects shots and automatically registers points on the LED display with an accompanying sound, which you can turn off. Fits over most doors. It includes a ball and a hand pump lely does require three triple A batteries to keep the score there. But I thought you'd like that league and shoot in the dark.
Speaker 4: And yeah, I can't believe just how software technology has infiltrated the indoor basketball hoop world, because when I was a kid, we used to have this plastic thing that you know, you would hang over to the.
Speaker 2: Door you have to close the door.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and just from three boys growing up in the house, we've dunk on it and all that sort of stuff. And I remember Mum would just get like sticky taper, just sticky taper back together whenever we got broken and cracked and stuff.
Speaker 2: Because it was there was no mesh net either, was.
Speaker 4: Just like the plastic and then less plastics, you know, smaller plastic around the bottom of it.
Speaker 2: So you know that copped the beating.
Speaker 4: That must have been like five bucks back in the day. Now that looks like a super like sourced up version of that. And I mean it's almost like too much for just indoor basketball hoo, because I mean three L three, what did you say, the battery.
Speaker 3: Wowing on that?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's you know, someone comes out of your house like your kids gone around a plane and they like that.
Speaker 2: They're like, oh, you're a bit fancy, aren't you.
Speaker 5: Boys, takes three double a battery. Excuse me, excuse me?
Speaker 4: Okay, yeah, Like it certainly looks like it allows for dunking that it would you have the sort of snap back dunk.
Speaker 2: Yeah, vigor is dunking right.
Speaker 1: This thing will break literally in five minutes. Yeah, but what do you think of Castley?
Speaker 2: Probably forty nine ninety five?
Speaker 1: Okay, forty nine ninety five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, put me down for seventy five dollars seventy five and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm gonna go seventy ninety five.
Speaker 1: Did you see this pitch? No dos and elvit sat ninety five? Well, the led scoring indoor basketball hoop? All right, lis, so you're getting you're getting some pizza and some hoops. That's like your dream.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, listen, I would love those gifts for sure.
Speaker 4: I definitely would put the map, encourage a voice to play while I go and tinker with the with the old oven there and see if I can, you know, see if I can improve my pizza making skills on that little thing.
Speaker 3: But I like it.
Speaker 2: I definitely would use both of those items.
Speaker 3: Okay, I wonder if you can make creeps on that thing, lee or a cream that looks like a bit of a crape maker might be a mess. I don't know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, when they get that utensil where they spin it around and you know it's really really thin, I mean you just have to have one of those for crape So.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, that's extra for sure.
Speaker 1: I'll keep I'll keep looking through the magazine and I can find you a crate maker probably is a thing. You can buy it from the Hallmarker Slama. You can actually keep the music going if you want, JD, because I want to get to you, back to you. I know we did the gift, but we actually have a real item for you to open here the studio. Uh before you do a little backstory, Okay, to set the scene. On a November fifth Drop podcast, one of the rapid fire questions that we had, I think I was asking it was for you guys to paint the picture of what your very own city edition Jersey would look like. You remember that, and you guys all had great answers. JD's was amazing though, because Jad went the extra step and you, like, you showed us your own creation, and I'm showing it to everybody here in the stream team. You went full on Beaver and you went with the YYZ because you said you were a fan of like the you know, airpl airport code, and you got you added a lightning bolt for some.
Speaker 5: Reason there because lightning bolts are really really hot right now in the city editioners, there's at least three with lightning.
Speaker 1: Barks right right, okay. And then you went with the Salad King as your sponsor, and you got the baby Blue. You like that you have some plaid on the sides even there because you were like that from the Rip City Jerseys today. So anyway, I bring all of this back up to have you opened that gift here okay, right now on the air as he reaches down and.
Speaker 5: Graps it reaching now, let me switch to min.
Speaker 7: On it.
Speaker 1: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: This this came Priority mail a couple of weeks ago, and I thought it was for you because it has your name.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well see I've been anyway.
Speaker 3: Thank you USPS. Baby.
Speaker 1: This is well, I'll let you open it first and then i'll tell you what.
Speaker 5: Obviously it says Nike air air Force, Nike, thank you.
Speaker 1: Sorry.
Speaker 5: S all right, cool and open it up. There's a car. Should I read the card?
Speaker 3: You ken?
Speaker 5: If you want, I'll read it.
Speaker 1: Just get to the gift.
Speaker 5: Whoa, Okay, cool, this is cool. Okay, this is really cool.
Speaker 1: So show off to your camera here inspired by JD's Very City j Kay David is the artist that created this, so you can follow shoe furry excuse me, fury not furry. I was thinking of the beaver. Shoe fury.
Speaker 5: That is amazing.
Speaker 1: He does some handpainted footwear here. Yeah, and that so pretty incredible. He's got the plaids, got the beaver, Yeah, I got the color, I got the lightning now.
Speaker 3: He nailed it.
Speaker 1: He said, the baby blue is infused with metallic silver that will glitter in the right light. Really yeah, yeah, and your beaver was much angrier looking, so he went with a more like cartoony okay, fair enough sort of mascot you vibe, and I like that was the right call.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He is smiling while shooting deadly lightning bolts. These are awesome. What size are these?
Speaker 1: They're your size? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Do I wear them?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 5: It seems them When.
Speaker 1: He was showing them to me, I was like, I think JD will wear these. Like there's a lot going on there. There is a lot play. I was like, I think JD might wear them though.
Speaker 3: I think you got your airplane shoes, JD.
Speaker 5: Am I weary to wear these on the plane tomorrow.
Speaker 3: Please do.
Speaker 5: It's like the last for my passport. And I'll just say, look down there.
Speaker 3: People loving them, a lot of flames.
Speaker 1: Shout out to again, Kay David, thank you shoe, Thank you Fury custom.
Speaker 3: That is amazing.
Speaker 5: Inst I love it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought you'd like that. We've been sitting on those for a while. All right, I'm happy you're happy. I did nothing except tell them your shoe size and wear to sun them. By the way, that was all by the artist.
Speaker 7: Nice.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the best Christmas ever so far. That's not even all right.
Speaker 1: Well, we are lots more still to get to here on the Drop podcast, because we've got a very important pick them that we have to select. You and I are tied. You've got tweeted the night h and we got rapid fire fund. So don't go anywhere. We'll be right back back with no dungks. Let's get to tweet of the night.
Speaker 3: Tweet out the night, Wow tweet. Well, if you've watched any basketball games recently, you won't recognize the players on the floor. Yeah, absolutely will not. And it was taken to a whole other level for the game in Atlanta last night, Orlando visiting the Hawks, and I was mostly on the Magic side. But I'm giving myself tweeted the night because basically I just tweeted the names of the players who were playing mostly for the Magic. Listen to these names. These aren't a fake at all. They're not part of Trey Carby's fake names list, although I hope Trey's listening because he can add them to the list. These players were playing in the NBA on December twenty one. Hassani Gravit, Admiral Schofield.
Speaker 1: I actually remember him. He played for the Wizards. The name for a second, I think.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, anyway, that's sick oh mode right there. I don't know he played. He played Summer League, that's for sure. I know that Lance Stevenson, we know that name. That was the one name playing for the Hawks. These other three names also played for the Magic. BJ Johnson, aleam Ford, and Tim Fraser a classic name.
Speaker 1: We've actually met before.
Speaker 3: Yes, great great man, great man. So he's back. So there's six names Hassani, Gravit, Admiral Schofield, BJ Johnson, aleem Ford the four that I had literally had never heard of. And then so when I went to the box score, aleam Ford got the NBA logo treatment for his head shot. Pretty impressive. They had all the other guys head shots, to be honest. But what was wild was in the arena because you were there, Skeech. You took a photo of the scoreboard, Schofield, BJ Johnson, Freddy Gillaspia, leam Ford, and Tim Fraser their faceless basketball players because if you're if you're watching with us right here, no headshot, no nothing, just a gray silhouette for five different basketball players. Amazing and and and and and and and they won the basketball game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's that. BJ Johnson was on fire.
Speaker 3: Six guys who weren't in the NBA last week playing for the Magic signed and beat an NBA team.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Alle, It was a wild time down at the Fortress last night, but it was actually sort of fun. We got there super early. I went with my buddy Grish and his family, and we got there like, you know, twenty five minutes before the game. So everybody's warming up and it was the ultimate like who is that? We were like, who's that guy? And then they're asking me because I do an NBA, but I was like, I don't know, I have no idea who that guy is. And so we're trying to figure it out. And then the game start and a lot of them were playing and playing all right, like j Johnson was hitting big shots, like a couple of big threes that kept stopping the Hawks run. But it was it was wild. People were also very confused why I was taking a photo of that scoreboard. But I was like, I bet this has never happened here in State Farm down at the Fortress where all five or silhouettes, I mean, they had something wrong on their own team there. Did you notice it? Said Cooper, But it was Delon Wright's photo, so they had that happens, Yeah, that happens from time to time. But yeah, a bunch of silhouettes lee it was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Well Tim Frazier I recall him because I'm pretty sure he got a triple double, like he played for.
Speaker 1: The Pelican.
Speaker 4: And it was off the bench or something like that as well. It was one of those like, oh, you know, maybe at the end of the season you think, Okay, next season, I've got to get that.
Speaker 2: Guy in fantasy basketball.
Speaker 4: You know, if he's putting out triple thought, maybe legit, but yeah, it's.
Speaker 3: It was the acountary, right, Wasn't his nickname the accountant? Really?
Speaker 2: I'm sure, I'm not sure, but find great.
Speaker 3: It's an account it, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, these last.
Speaker 4: Couple of nights have been watching games and I am just like, oh my god, I honestly have never even heard of that guy.
Speaker 2: Had here with like sixteen points. You're like, good on him. You know, maybe you can stick around of the NBA.
Speaker 1: But some of these guys are making, you know, in their ten day deals what they made all seas long in the G League.
Speaker 3: Some of them.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's sort of I mean, that's great. Like you said, that's the one positive of all of this, of all these unfortunate, you know, guys leaving the lineups, the star players or whatever, even role players leaving the line ups because of health and tafety protocols with COVID, is that a bunch of people are getting.
Speaker 3: Paid and coming back in the league. Like Lance Stevenson. I was Lance for the Atlanta Hot.
Speaker 1: Lance was not making them dance last night.
Speaker 5: No, somebody's got to be It was rough making a doc about this, right, like, oh, hopefully hopefully there's somebody out there. I mean it should be us really, but we're busy over here. But that's going to be the next sports or there's going to be like as sports move movie about it in a couple of years, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean the movie would have to be one of these, like nobody's right going for fifty in a game, like just catching fire or doing the whole Jeremy Lynn thing where like it's suddenly insanity two point zero and you know that would be a story for sure. Yeah. Anyway, ended up being a fun game, you never know, like it was got somewhat competitive magic of course won all these guys that nobody knew who they were. The Hawks, by the way, were missing a bunch of guys too, Like the roster was not There was guys on their team that I was like, who's like, do you know Mays Skyler Maye? That's right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, see I didn't include them in my tweet of the night. And because I knew the guys, I knew the first round draft picks that they were finally playing who had played with the.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Admiral Schofield three games.
Speaker 3: I did not. The man's name is Admiral Schoolfield.
Speaker 1: Nose goodness.
Speaker 4: I remember it just because of that, because of his name, But I couldn't tell you a single thing from his career that actually happened.
Speaker 3: The only Scofield I know is Dick Schofield. I don't know I used to turn the DP. It's like I know that name middle endfielder.
Speaker 1: If your last name is Scofield, you have to have an awesome first day. Dick and Admiral.
Speaker 3: It's unfortunate that he turned the DP and his name was Dick, but that's says that what results.
Speaker 1: No, there are no picking results. Actually, excuse me, because we were going to do a game and then it got postponed. Bowls Raptor. So let's just set the scene here for everybody in the month of December. You don't want to be last because you have to pay it off. I owe like three of them. It could be a fourth because I'm in the running here to lose this one too, But you and I are tied with a six and nine record.
Speaker 3: Nice. I feel bad about that. I just made I didn't want.
Speaker 1: To three, so this is big Now. Like I said, we have a couple of shows next week. It will still be December, so we'll be picking games still, so there's some wiggle bore. But I would say this is a very important game between you and I. So what is our name?
Speaker 3: And the schedule is absolutely stacked tonight. There's a ton of games, yes, yes, here before Christmas Eve. I believe eleven of the twelve games still happening. Only one game postponed as of right now as we're talking right now, and a big one the Spurs visiting the Los Angeles Lakers. The spread only one and a half for the Lakers. That's how poorly the Lakers have been playing. You'd think that they'd be a bigger home favorite. But you believe, you believe that they bounce back after their their last loss against the Phoenix Suns.
Speaker 1: Believe as a strong one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know. I was literally going to go for whatever you picked. I'm taking the opposite because it's I think maybe the Lakers are looking forward to Christmas Day. They're still playing on Christmas Day. Maybe this will be a trap game against the Spurs. So Lee and myself are taking the Spurs. You and Trey are taking.
Speaker 1: The angles Lakers on fire.
Speaker 3: Okay, why do you think the Spurs? You're the Spurs? Manly, why do you think the Spurs are taking care of business? Sing?
Speaker 2: Honestly, when it's a point and a half line, it's a bit of a coin, sat.
Speaker 4: The Spurs have just been playing really good basketball, or you know, much better basketball over these last few weeks. And the Lakers, it really is a hit and miss as to what team you're going to get from them to show up. But as long as Lebron's healthy, the Lakers, you know, they're always a chance, of course, But just like the way the Spurs has quietly been going about their business.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, let's wrap up this Drop podcast. Let's wrap up this week. Let's send JD on vacation in his new shoes with a little rapid fire. Fine, Leally, you've got the cues this week?
Speaker 3: Yes, I do.
Speaker 4: And with so many players becoming unavailable due to health and safety protocols, the Boston Celtics, as you mentioned, they're skis. He signed the Armadilla Cowboy. Yes, I sold Joe back on a ten day. The forty year old last played in twenty eighteen, so what's something that you think it is time to bring back skits?
Speaker 1: Well, I have two answers. The first obvious answer, al else's gotta come back. I'm telling you, how is it not back? I think it's a fair question. We bring back every show and movie ever made. When's Elf getting the reboot? Okay? Also, this is a really weird one. I started thinking recently about the video game cool Spot for the Sega Genesis.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they made a video game out of the mascot for seven up and I rented this game as a kid, and I remember beating it and I was like, okay, I just beat cool Spot. You would think it would be a garbage game, but it actually was not that bad at the platform game. So I don't know, bring back cool Spot, bring back the Sega Genesis. So those are my weird answers.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I was totally unprepared for this question. So I texted my brother with all of the questions and he said, key parties. So it's now I'm answer. My brother would like to bring back the key party. The key party is where you go to a party and uh, you know, you put your keys, your car keys in a bowl and then you pick out car keys and you go home with you know, the other person's partner, and he would like to bring that back. So so thank you Ryan for that that answer, and I apologize for not having my own answer for that.
Speaker 3: I thought they got to take on the other person's car. But yeah, more than that, Yeah, yeah, never heard of such a thing.
Speaker 5: You never heard?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I had forgotten about.
Speaker 1: Them being coy.
Speaker 4: All right, Tessey, what do you want to what do you think it is taught to bring back?
Speaker 3: Well? I want to bring back after all this Krock talk recently Lebron wearing these special limited edition crocs, get out of here. What you need to bring back are these and one slippers. These babies, now, they have seen better days. The yellow here, don't mind the yellow. Just look at the beautiful woven fabric here as I show them here on YouTube. These were Crocs before crocs. I mean, these are legendary. They were actually retail priced one hundred and fifty dollars Canadian back in the day. I waited, I waited till they went on sale. But these are called and one Select slippers, so and one you know they're slides before slides type thing. Go to your basketball game where these and then ball out, Yeah, they're ugly right now, but the blue woven when they're brand new, bring them back just as comfortable as crocs and like ten percent less ugly.
Speaker 2: I'd say, yeah, definitely less ugly than thank you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, okay, the I just never have ever ever thought crops of the cool.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 2: Eighty circumstances, they don't.
Speaker 3: They're already in that state. They've been around I don't know, seven, eight, nine years, whatever it is, and they're already in that that like ugly era mode, Like, oh they're they're cool now because they're ugly. I've always been.
Speaker 5: What are run had?
Speaker 3: It's ridiculous, It's crazy.
Speaker 4: Yes, the Classic Factory officially opened this week, although it was only Skeets and TASS and JD there in attendance. The space is looking sexy, guys, but could still use a piece of two or two of memorophilia. So what classic TBJ slash starters, slash free agents, slash no Dunk's item do you think still needs to be added?
Speaker 1: Skeets, The obvious answer is the starter's flag that we have that we got signed by all of the players that came on our show. But the issue with that the thing is gigantic, Yes, so I mean we'd have to drink somewhere.
Speaker 5: Is too big and it's not that attractive.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right. It's just it's cool that it's signed by a bunch of Hall of Fame Yeah, but yeah, the size of it is the issue. So I'm going something much smaller really, in fact, something digital. I think what we need to get, and it's from infinite objects. You guys know, I'm in the top Shock game with my guy TK. Right, we've talked about the Weggie moment before. It's on the platform Anthony Simon's Chase Down block and it sticks as a wedgie. Well, what you can do with your NFTs and especially your top Shot moments is you can get this basically digital print if you want to call it that, or this like ever looping display of the moment. So I think we need to have that here on set of the Weggie moment, and it's just like either hung up on the wall, maybe it's on the desk, Maybe we'll get a bookshelf in here, and it's just forever forever.
Speaker 3: It's like when you have family photos and you put them into digital displays. It's the same thing, but it's a basketball play. So there we go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get an Anthony Simon's Weggie moment, just on constant repeat.
Speaker 3: Like we used to have screwed down cases for cards like physical sports cards. And I got a Digi.
Speaker 1: The Future Man, it is j to be added to the simps.
Speaker 5: Shit, I need an assistance, Yeah, I need you in this set. Actually, But.
Speaker 3: We did a.
Speaker 5: Back in twenty fifteen, we did a bit. It's one of my favorite bits that we did as the starters, and it was remember somebody threw a pickle onto the floor of the game and it was just like the game had to stop, and it was really one of those weird NBA moments, and of course we glombed onto it and we staged a protest where our soundman, Danny Danny Boy dressed him in a pickle costume and he invaded our set. And I have a little clip for it for it, so here it is stand by here it comes that.
Speaker 3: You'd write your Christmas card. It's just a really really nice pot something were better than regular jerseys.
Speaker 1: Agree with that, like the Pelicans, the Thunder, the Caps.
Speaker 7: Pickle Pickle three, the pickle for you don't pickle? Sorry, what's the deal now, pickle?
Speaker 1: Sorry about the pickle? We uh, let's just take a break. We'll get this cleaned up.
Speaker 5: I want that pickle costume.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: If Danny was standing next to me here, this would make this whole thing so much easier. But I don't know what happened to that pickle costume. And it was just like I remember coming up with the idea, we're gonna have somebody in a pickle outfit. We just gave it to Scenic and this was sometimes they came back with we weren't sure, like tiny little uh, you know NBA teams in balloons. But that time they nailed it. It was just out of foam corp, a printed pickle with the head cut out, and it was goddamn perfect. And I wish we still had the costume, and maybe not Danny, but to put his face in it, you know, like and then just sort of put it up. I don't know, I feel like we lost it.
Speaker 3: I think it might.
Speaker 1: I don't remember seeing it.
Speaker 3: I thought it was in the cage.
Speaker 5: It was in the cage, but I think, you know what, Danny might have went down and grabbed.
Speaker 3: It, you know what I mean, the pickle plucker.
Speaker 5: Well, just because he knew we were leaving, and it was like, well, this is you know, this is my legacy.
Speaker 3: This is we'll get cap Land on the case.
Speaker 1: Yet you as the number one suspect in a pickle fever. You love pickles, Damn right, I've given you love? How many pickles if I have given you over.
Speaker 3: Over the years. So you get a sandwich, discard the pish. Yeah, I'll be the George Costanza and going, how how many pickles have I picked? Yeah? For sure I.
Speaker 4: Had many pickles. If a lump chest that I tasty, it must be a big Canadian. They came out, you know.
Speaker 1: Like we had a Canadian.
Speaker 2: I felt like it because I was like, I'm back down and I'm getting pickles for lunch. I were great.
Speaker 3: How did they come out? And that like they were coming out there marching together.
Speaker 4: The little bit We had like a big sort of whole table set up there with all sorts of different foods and there was just a little bowl there with pickles in them.
Speaker 2: I'm like, all right, let's get into the pickles.
Speaker 4: I had about probably four, only little ones, I think they're a bit more friendlier to consume than just one big lump of a pickle, you.
Speaker 2: Know, because you can sort of snack on the little ones.
Speaker 1: Because you just use the weirdest adjectives sometimes us because a big pickle.
Speaker 2: Is more intimidating.
Speaker 4: If I this pickle, I've got to get through the whole thing where it's a little ones, like you can, like, all right, if I quiet it and it's not that good, you can just finish it off rather than you know, well, you can discard it, of course, but it's better if you just have one.
Speaker 2: They've tried it.
Speaker 1: I had, But hey, you love pickles so much. If he were to take a big bite out of all lump of a pickle and then not want the rest of it, would you eat it?
Speaker 3: I'd be happy to share a lump with le. Yeah, let's know that.
Speaker 2: Lady in the tramp style.
Speaker 1: We could do it. Yeah, that's the pickle pe off if we have a tie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, two men have to eat a pickle.
Speaker 4: That that could be a nice pickle pee out there. You just have to eat pickles for the whole show.
Speaker 3: There you go, pickle yeah, baby corner, Uh make it a big lump I.
Speaker 1: Like relish pickles, those sweet relish pickles. Those are good.
Speaker 3: I love all pickles. What about those ones that Ted's those slice ones they come in to board pickles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're to talk.
Speaker 3: About those are good.
Speaker 1: It's right up the road from here. Well not anymore.
Speaker 4: Went out of business so there, Yeah, yeah, ran out of pickles. Yeah, they're selling Christmas trees up there these days.
Speaker 2: Where are we here?
Speaker 3: Where has the answer?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: What what?
Speaker 2: Pick a lot of yet.
Speaker 3: To the abs studio. Well, it's funny JD pick the pick the man, because I also am not picking an object. I am picking a man. I'm picking a person who I'd like to add to the set. And it is the talented sur Foster, the man who plays the organ down at the Hawks Arena. We had him for one show in the Starters studio a long long time agoes actually for a pick them payoff. Where as soon as Skeets was talking, I believe he would start playing music and you had sense from it. Again as you spoke, every single time you spoke, Sir Foster would play another hit. And so yes, I would just like Sir Foster, the talented talented musician, get down there. He plays the horn, he plays the saxophone, he does the keyboards as well. I mean, it just feels right if he was here. It would feel right in this garage space for him to be on the keys playing some hits. So Sir Foster's might.
Speaker 1: Pick the Magic Hawks game. The rosters were so depleted, not even Sir Foster was on the keys. Last name was a replacement guy. Really yeah, oh really yeah, because our seats were like right by where he plays in the Little Bowler and uh yeah, it wasn't even him. I'm excited to say.
Speaker 3: Hello and getting everybody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know I have no Look, don't quote me on that. I don't know if he's in health and safety protocols as well. There was no surf Foster last night. Yeah, alright, le final one.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's wrap this up because I've got a reverse Surf Foster need right now.
Speaker 2: The NBA has.
Speaker 1: Told hold on that I thought that you had to take a dumb but you just have.
Speaker 4: To just yeah post show Sir Foster. Right, Okay, the NBA has told you that makes more.
Speaker 3: Sense because anybody knows what that means.
Speaker 1: Other than sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 4: The NBA has told teams to be prepared to be flexible with their.
Speaker 2: Christmas Day game. Yep.
Speaker 4: So what is your Christmas Day plan and how locked in is it?
Speaker 2: Skeets.
Speaker 1: I would say it's pretty locked in and it's very simple. French host for breakfast Nora has locked that in. We'll do some gift giving, mainly just to give some funny little gifts to Luna see how she reacts to them. And then the one other requirement is we have to play the entire Bony m Christmas album front to back. That has to happen. I'm not very likely, uh, hanging out with some friends here in the city. We're obviously not traveling anywhere, so maybe even you even tasmell fantastic pickles will be had, no doubt. Yeah, so very simple. That's not exciting answer. I'll probably go for you know what, We'll probably go for a walk, maybe even a run, because the weather's looking real nice. It's not gonna be minus thirty here Lely, it's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Like plus twenty plus twenty two.
Speaker 1: They're saying, wow, Wow, it's beautiful.
Speaker 2: JD.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm heading to Canada. I haven't had a day off in months, really, so I'm gonna be sleeping, eating, And I've been told I'm my job for the I'm going to be at my brothers and it's going to be waste management consultant. So I think I'm in charge of the trash, which is perfect, the perfect job for me to do on Christmas Day because it's simple. I don't have to talk to anybody. I just gather things up properly, separate all of the recyclables and the greens and the browns and whatnot. And yeah, and then I actually may watch a basketball game. Wow, just you know, for a nap time, you know, on the couch hang out. But yeah, that's pretty much locked in. If I can get across the border.
Speaker 1: That is good luck with that, Thank.
Speaker 5: You, thank you.
Speaker 2: I don't have to talk anyone the true spirit of Christmas.
Speaker 3: Joy.
Speaker 1: Your brother has told you in advance that you will be cleaning up the garbage and recycling.
Speaker 5: Well, yes, as I said, I sent him all the questions, so he said, yeah, you're in charge of garbage.
Speaker 4: I'll try drawing the cocase while you're doing the garbage at back the hid By the way, I.
Speaker 1: Hope you're not going to a keys party with your brothers.
Speaker 3: Oh that would be very weird.
Speaker 4: That would be strange as bring us on.
Speaker 3: Well, I guess I'll be the WMC at my house as well as the waste management consultant. I'll be doing that. But I think my one job will be to wear this sweater. I mean that's my plan. I'm just wearing the sweater, and then this Christmas sweater I'm wearing. I love the feel of it. And then I'm just going with the flow. Yeah, presents outdoorsy, put the phone away, and then just then just feeling it out. Not There's not a whole lot of planning, so I don't really have a good answer for this. I'm looking forward to a non plan.
Speaker 1: Really, you're getting some use out of that sweater, though you're already in an Instagram phone. Are wearing it or you're not?
Speaker 3: Yeap, second time I've worn it. Second time you got to wash in between because it was by the fire. Oh my nose is getting a little more sensitive to fires these days. Oh yeah, I don't really. I don't like the smell of a campfire as much like.
Speaker 5: This smell of the smoke on you afterwards. Yeah yeah, and he gets in the beard, it gets in.
Speaker 1: Everything in your hair and then you you shower, you shampoo, Yeah, and it's still on you.
Speaker 3: It's true away. Some people love it, though I used to. I used to used to love the smell of gasoline. Still love that, dude. Yeah, of course it's weird.
Speaker 5: Going into the car not coming out of it, you know what I mean, like not burning gas. But I'd love to give my finger a little sniff after I pumped the gash.
Speaker 3: God.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I used to like that for sure. I had never thought about this jend, but you just reminded me. With the whole campfire thing. We had Luna over at Grisham's my buddy Grish, our buddy.
Speaker 3: Grish, everyone your buddy Grish.
Speaker 1: At this point. Uh, you had the fire going during the day, like you know, it was like three four or five o'clock and my dog Lute is there. Didn't even think anything of it. And this guy Grisha'm like, that guy's a pyro. So it's like burning everything and smoke everywhere, and then we get home it's like, oh we stink nor and I stink of the Empire, and then the dogs out.
Speaker 5: She's got long hair too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So how many shampoos was that still doing? It still doing it. Yeah, yeah, it's tough to get.
Speaker 1: Out crazy crazy stuff. All right, great questions there, Lee in rapid Fire. That is the Drop podcast, our final show of the week, final show from the Classic Factory for a little Bit too. Will be back on Monday with a new No Dunks podcast and then on Thursday, the only two shows next week. But JD's gone, so Andrew Schleckt is going to be filling in for JD. But we won't be here. We'll be back on the stream yards, back on the zooms, just looking at our cameras, not you know, engaging one on one. But in the new year, JD's back, Lee's back, Tk's back, and the plan is to all be here in the new Classic Factory, which JD A lot of people are digging great. Look the sound, the vibe awesome. So that's good. And when we're still working on it some uh, you know, we got a new desk coming and all that. But yeah, yeah, I can't wait for twenty twenty.
Speaker 3: Two, January third. As long as Jady gets back, yeah, we'll be back as well.
Speaker 1: Okay, good Follow us on Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, TikTok at No Dunk Sync. That's I n C will be tweeting. I'm sure throughout the holidays. Grab yourself an athletic subscription. Nice deal on right now fifty percent off. You can get that for somebody else. Go to the Athletic dot com slash no dunks so they know that we sent you. And again, we will be back on Monday. I know you and I are going to be on. Who else is TK joining us? Lee? Are you joining us on Monday? I can't camp track anymore?
Speaker 2: Not Monday now.
Speaker 4: I think they'll be taking the week off in Calgary. Wow, we'll see, unless there's some breaking news. You know, this is a big trade, big scoop, something out. Okay, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Okay, I like that you're ready for the can't jump on the normal shows. But hey, it's something.
Speaker 5: If it's worth my while, I might gain you with my presence.
Speaker 4: But actually, just before we go, testy, I'm going to be saddled. Well, I'm supposed be at the saddle Thome on Monday night. Flames oiler is tilt?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: I thought the games. I thought they were canceled until until Chrised.
Speaker 2: Until I think Christmas date.
Speaker 4: This one scheduled for the twenty seventh so yeah, flames and oilers?
Speaker 2: Wow, can of David Man?
Speaker 5: He's hot?
Speaker 3: Rice, stop saying that.
Speaker 1: What's worse? You're a Canadian accident or my Australian a.
Speaker 5: That'd be a good pick and pay off. You have to speak in each other's accent. Wow, be great for us, terrible for the audience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you are going to go ahead, go ahead?
Speaker 2: Who's the netmind of these days? For the Flames?
Speaker 3: I forget Mike Vernon, No I Meka kippers Off, No, I forget Who's who's a man in the nets?
Speaker 5: Andy Moog?
Speaker 2: I just hope he stands on his head, whoever he is.
Speaker 3: You know, we got a.
Speaker 2: Classic like forty three stayed effort. You should have seen it.
Speaker 3: Oh, come on, are you bad? Nothing the game of hockey right now?
Speaker 1: No, why are you going that's what happens?
Speaker 2: That Isn't you have forty three saves? It's like he stood on his head.
Speaker 3: They go, yeah, forty two, he didn't stand on his head. Listen, you are going to an incredible rivalry. You were watching the oilers and the Flames. You're going to be writing an article on the Athletic just like you did when you want to watch the song actor.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna he's gonna write it, all of it, and then he'll find out he's doing it in an interview.
Speaker 4: I saw the Canadians goaltender the other day. You should have seen the safe he made like he did the old backhander like that, like the fuck missed him and he whacked it with his.
Speaker 2: Hand out and say, oh man, great, great goal. So listen.
Speaker 3: I just.
Speaker 2: Yeah Againler Gretzky.
Speaker 4: Maybe those girls will be there and for this big one at the saddle Dome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you could have gone. You should go to the Hockey Hall of Fame there in Toronto. Againler was just inducted. Oh is that right? Yeah? He deserves it too, great man. Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what a way to wrap up a drop podcast. All right, Lee, will you take the week off unless Ben Simmons gets traded? Uh, enjoyed the hockey game.
Speaker 3: If it happens, I'll say the deal for the athletic it starts on Christmas Day. If you're looking right now, it'll happen if you look on the twenty fifth, twenty sixth. Okay, fifty of you.
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go, guys, Thank you so much for joining us here. Shout out to all the stream teamers. Shout out to the Pop Squad and the Discord Hoard. We love all of you. Stay safe during the holiday season and again We'll be back on Monday the twenty seventh with a fun little podcast for you all. Till then, Clipper Ros you heard it here first, have a great time turn up.
Speaker 3: Love you guys awesome. Thank you for joining us, and I hope that you enjoy the holidays as much as no dunks enjoys our lumps of pickles.
Speaker 1: Embrace the holidays, people,