Speaker 1: Welcome to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal podcast Network. This is the place to be if you're ready for the best podcasts of the paranormal, curious.
Speaker 2: And sometimes unexplained. Now listen to this.
Speaker 3: The thoughts and opinions expressed by the host our thoughts and opinions only, and do not necessarily reflect those of iHeartMedia, iHeartRadio, Coast to Coast AM, employees of Premiere Networks, or their sponsors and associates. You are encouraged to do the proper amount of research yourself, depending on the subject matter and your needs.
Speaker 2: Ready to be amazed by the Wizard of Weird Strange Things with Joshua Warren.
Speaker 4: I am Joshua Pee Warren, and each week on this show, I'll be bringing you brand new my glowing content, news exercises, and weird experiments you can do at home, and a lot more on this episode, just in What's Weird in America's Most Expensive City? What's Weird in America's Most Expensive City? For quite a while, I've been wanting to take an action packed trip to explore an area to which, believe it or not, I have never been, even though I can fly there from Las Vegas, where I live, in less than an hour, and as I record this, it just so happens to also be the most expensive city in the entire United States of America. Want to take a guess what city it is? Think about it. I'll give you a second. Okay, here's the answer. It is San Diego, California. Yes, more expensive than Los Angeles or New York, or Honolulu or Miami. I talked to a bartender there who said she and her husband and two kids. They rent a small house about eighteen hundred square feet with just two or three bedrooms, and the rent alone is over three nine hundred dollars per month.
Speaker 2: That's rent alone.
Speaker 4: One of the reasons it's so popular is because year round, the temperature there is great. The weather is great, like it has a low of about forty nine degrees fahrenheit and a high of seventy seven fahrenheit.
Speaker 2: That's year round.
Speaker 4: It's beautiful, and while we were there in mid May of twenty twenty four, it was cool enough to wear a jacket every night. And it also happens to be the oldest European settlement on the entire West Coast, and so the history there is astounding. I'll get back to that later, of course.
Speaker 2: But okay, so.
Speaker 4: Why did I go? Why did I want to take this trip? Well, there are a number of reasons. But for one thing you may remember about, well, this famous tic tac Ufo slash UAP siding by Navy pilots that happened in two thousand and four. Here's one version of what happened.
Speaker 2: By let's see.
Speaker 4: Alisa Chasin at cbsnews dot com talking about these house hearings with lawmakers and says it Retired Navy commander David Fraverr was commander of the FA eighteen F Squadron of the USS Nimets that's a ship, of course, when he says he spotted the object during the flight off the coast of southern California on November fourteenth, two thousand and four. In a twenty twenty one interview with sixty Minutes, Fraverr, a graduate of the top Gun Naval Flight School, spoke about what he saw. He and another lieutenant commander there were training with the Nimtz Carrier Strike Group just southwest of San Diego, and favor told sixty Minutes. At the time advanced radar on a ship that was a part of their training group detected what operators called multiple a novelist aerial vehicles over the ocean, descending eighty thousand feet and less than a second. All right, so surely you know that story by now. And so that whole area of the coastline there has been a UFO slash UAP hotspot for at least twenty years. And we are talking about the entire area around Catalina Island and Dana Point and Laguna Beach.
Speaker 2: I mean that whole part of.
Speaker 4: The Pacific Ocean, and these things go in and out of the ocean, and so I've been wanting to go there and talk to the locals in person about what they've been seeing and where I need to set up the next time I come into town with some new high speed camera gear that I'm going to be obtaining. And so I took a lot of notes during the trip. I usually do that when I take a trip, so I can come back and tell you some stories. So throughout this show, I'm going to tell you about some of the interesting places that Lauren and I visit, did things that we bought, and then, of course my ultimate conclusion so far about the UFO activity around there, But you got to realize that this also has some of the most haunted places in the United States, including a house known as America's most Haunted House. I visited there, I'll tell you about that, and one of the most famous haunted resorts, the Hotel del Coronado. All right, I have a lot of information in front of me, and I know I'm going to run out of time, so let's get straight into this. We flew there, we got checked into a really nice hotel right there on the water. It was near a place called the Seaport Village, and it's exactly what you can imagine. It's a little area right there on the coast. It's kind of like a little boardwalk area, and it has all the little gift shops and seafood restaurants, and I just love walking around these little places that reminds you of being in Popeyes Town. But one thing that was especially interesting was as soon as Lauren and I walked into the Seaport Village, there was this very elaborate carousel there. Turned out this thing had been hand carved in eighteen ninety five and it's still perfectly operable. We got to ride this carousel, this merry go Round on top of these big you know there was I guess there were wooden horses. Of course, this thing had been restored over time, but that was astounding to spend five minutes just riding a carousel that had been built in eighteen ninety five. So, of course the first stuff I wanted to tick off my list. I got some delicious crab cakes right there on the water. We walked down that boardwalk area until we got to a huge ship there, the USS Midway, which is now a museum. It's a very famous area in San Diego because you may remember seeing this photograph from World War Two. It's at the end of the war when everybody's celebrating and there's a sailor who is kissing this girl in New York City. And this famous photograph has been turned into a twenty five foot tall statue that stands right there in this area next to the Midway. They have all kinds of really interesting memorials and monuments there. One that particularly struck me was one of Bob Hope, the comedian who had entertained the troops. It's a life size statue of Bob Hope, and he's standing there with this group of life size sailor statues all around him, and as he's standing there and addressing them, they actually have real audio from some of his stand up comedy playing and they're laughing and clapping, and I mean, I swear it was like being transported back in time. If you're interested in history and you're ever near that area of San Diego, you gotta go check that out. It's right now by the fish market and everything. So we hit up some of the local shops. I bought some camel jerky. Have you ever had camel jerky? I'm a sucker for jerky, you know. I started out eating beef jerky. Now I eat a lot of turkey jerky and stuff like that because it's leaner camel jerky.
Speaker 2: This is some of the.
Speaker 4: Best jerky I've ever had in my entire life, literally made out of a camel. I know some of you will despise me for eating a camel, but it's very lean and it's only got one and a half grams of fat. It's by a brand called cow Crack cow Crack Gourmet Jerky. I would eat this every day. That's neither here nor there. But if you're a jerky person, check out the Camel Jerky. So look, we had a great evening, found some little speakeasyes, some teeky places to chill out, and in the next day we went up a. We headed to La Joya Cove, which looks like a movie set. This is an area where these giant cliffs are right next to the water. The ocean is splashing up on the cliffs and everywhere, I mean everywhere are just tons of sea lions and seagulls and pelicans, all this wild life. La Joya apparently means the Jewel by the way, and so it was just like you know, it was the most one of the most scenic places I've ever been to in my entire life. And of course, as we were sort of exploring and walking up and down these cliffs, it became apparent that there are some pretty significant caves around La Joya Cove. And these caves were well, some of them are natural, but many of them were man made because apparently, back during the Depression the Prohibition, bootleggers would use these caves to smuggle all kinds of liquor up from the ocean to the surface. And distribute it around California. And these caves are really really haunted. I actually went down myself. I didn't have the best dress for it because the rocks were very slippery, but I actually went into one of the caves and we took some pictures. You know what, I got to take a break when we come back. Okay, I'm going to get into the spooky stuff when we return, about America's most haunted house and the Hotel Delcornado and some of the things that were happening as we were exploring this magnificent area around San Diego, California. And you know what, sometimes I have special reports, special projects, special experiments, special products.
Speaker 2: That I only can tell you out.
Speaker 4: If you sign up for the free e newsletter at my website Joshua P. Warren dot com. There is no period after the p If you just go to Joshua P. Warren dot com and right there on the homepage, you'll see a place where you can type in your email address, hit the submit button, and you will instantly receive an automated email from me. And that email has links to all kinds of goodies that you know, free online stuff that you can use to start making your life more magical, including some good luck charms, a money miracle secret. There's some PDFs from books, all that kind of stuff. There's no period after the p if you just go to Joshuapwarren dot com and sign up for that free E newsletter.
Speaker 2: I am Joshua P. Warren. And you are listening to Strange Things on.
Speaker 4: The iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network, and I will be right back.
Speaker 2: Stay right there, there's more Joshua P. Warren coming right out.
Speaker 1: Did you know that test that could save your life from cancer are now available for little or no costs thanks to the healthcare law called the Affordable Care Act. Let this be the year you get screening tests that can detect cancer early when it's most treatable. Don't let concerns get in the way. Talk to a doctor or other medical professional to learn more about the best cancer testing options for you.
Speaker 5: And now back to the iHeartRadio and tost AM Paranormal Podcast Network and Strange Things.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: I am your host, the Wizard of Weird Joshua P.
Speaker 4: Warren beaming into your wormhole brain from my studio in Sin City, Las Vegas, Nevada, where every day is golden and every night is silver.
Speaker 2: Gitato Zume and I, you know what, I.
Speaker 4: Hope I don't sound too tired, because I'm still worn out from the strip I just got back. I still have a lot of fo to analyze. And by the way, by the time you hear this recording, it is possible that the new Instagram page will be up for this website and something I've wanted to get out there for a long time. I'm not that active personally on Instagram, but my wife Lauren is, and she has been saying about, you know, it'd be nice to have she'd been talking about how nice it would be to have a place where she could upload pictures of some of the things that I talk about on the show.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 4: If it's there already, you might be able to go and see some pictures related to this vacation, to this trip, to this exploration. If not, you'll be able to see it soon. Just go to Instagram and it's just called Joshua Pee Warren Podcast. That's Instagram dot com, slash Joshua Pee Warren podcast and then regardless of how much is posted there, go ahead and you know, follow it or whatever, and then that way you'll be able to see visuals from some of the things I talk about on the show. So thanks to Lauren for working on that project. And I know that'll add a new dimension to some of the things I discuss. So all right, back to the trip. So yeah, here I am. I'm crawling around these slippery rocks and one of these old like bootlegger caves. And then after that we drove to the little town of La Jolla, went into this antique store where all the cells.
Speaker 2: Went to this dog charity, and.
Speaker 4: Of course Lauren and I are a sucker for that, so we said we got to buy something, and right off the bat, Lauren found this. It looks like a figurehead from the front of a ship. You know how a lot of times they carved something like an angelic woman at the head of a of an old ship. It's a miniature version of that, but it seems to work very well for some of the de corps that we have that we are gradually installing in our new house. So we bought that. There had a nice day, and then we went to finally explore what they call Old Town San Diego. And as I mentioned to you, San Diego, it's the oldest town European town on the west coast. Let's see, Old Town contains two hundred and thirty acres and is bounded by Interstate eight on the north and five on the west. Okay, it is the oldest settled area in San Diego and the site of the first European settlement contains the Old Town San Diego State Historic Park, et cetera. And this was especially intriguing. One of the things that you have to remember when it comes to like this part of California. A lot of times you hear about places that are named after Balboa. This guy Balboa, like Balboa Beach or Balboa Park, and there's Balboa pops up a lot, and the reason is that Balboa is this He was this Spanish conquistador basically who what he discovered, Well, he was the first European sort of discover that area. I'll talk a little bit more about him later because I see in my notes here I have this section where we go to Balboa Park, so I'll save that for later. But anyway, so people started settling, you know, Europeans in Old Town San Diego, and of course, of course there were Native Americans there first, but people from Europe settling there apparently in like the fifteen hundreds. And what's one thing that's really interesting about it is when you go walking through there nowadays, there are some areas where you'll be walking down a street and you will see on the sidewalk or even in the middle of the street a little marker looks like a coin, and it's a graveside marker. Because over time, when they were building up Old Town San Diego, they would actually start building over parts of the old cemeteries, and so whenever they could, they would acknowledge that, well, there is a grave right here, and you could be sitting in a restaurant and have, you know, graves right underneath you. And we went to this fantastic restaurant and had wonderful fahitas there. It was called the Barra Barra Saloon.
Speaker 2: And then right after that we knew we had to go to.
Speaker 4: This place known as America's most haunted house. Seriously, it says that on their sign it's called the Whaley House.
Speaker 2: WHA. L. E. Y. And it was built by a.
Speaker 4: Man named Thomas Whaley. He was a businessman in the area and he started construction on the house in eighteen fifty six, and at this time, in eighteen fifty six, it was like the finest house in all of California. And one thing that is especially intriguing about the Whaley House is that before he built that house there it was used as the site for executions in the area. And in fact, one of the most famous people executed there was a guy named Yankee Jim who was He was hanged because he had stolen a boat apparently, and for one understand like some of the people he supposedly stole the boat from were on the jury. He was a big guy and he didn't hang very easily. They basically choked him to death. And a lot of people say, of all the ghosts that haunt that house today, it's the ghost of Yankee Jim. He was not very happy about at being executed in that way. But you know, Thomas Swalee, after he built this house, he had a lot of tragedy also in his life. I mean, he had a daughter named Violet, and when she was twenty two years old, she shot herself killed herself with his thirty two caliber gun there. That was in eighteen eighty five. She killed herself over a man. She left a note said, mad from life's history, swift to death's mystery, Glad to be hurled anywhere anywhere out of this world.
Speaker 2: Old.
Speaker 4: Well, there are a lot of deaths attached to the Whaley House. And you know, it opened up as a museum in the nineteen sixties, but everybody in the area knew that it had been haunted. I mean, even supposedly. Thomas Whaley himself, shortly after moving into the house, claimed that he had heard footsteps and seen dark forms moving around, and he believed that it was most likely the ghost of this guy named Yankee Jim So And they even they were talking to the newspaper.
Speaker 2: About this, the Whaley family.
Speaker 4: And when you go to this house, I mean, it's kind of a it's not a large piece of property, but it's kind of sprawling. It's got a number of little outbuildings on it, and you know, it's like, I guess it's a two story house.
Speaker 2: It kind of looks like a typical old house of the day. And you know, the funny thing is.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, one of the reasons it's so famous is because that Regis Philbin. And surely remember Regis Philbin. He died just a few years ago. Regis Philbin, he was a host of many shows, including of Course, Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? But he got part of his start in TV hosting there in San Diego. He had a morning show in San Diego, and in nineteen sixty four, I guess he was doing a segment for his show, and Regis Philbin said on a number of times on camera that one like one night, in the middle of the night, he and one of his producer guys, they got to visit the Whaley House and stay there for hours, and at one point there in this sitting room, and Regis Philbin says that he and the other guy, who has had like a military background, turned and here was this white, misty form that had formed right there, hovering around the entrance to the living area. And Philbin is shocked, he's never seen anything like this. His producer military guy, for whatever reason jumps down and starts creeping up to it, like crawling up to it like he's gonna try to grab it or something. And Philbin says that stupidly that right before the guy got to it, he wanted a better look, and so Philbin said that he turned a flashlight on and as soon as he did that, this misty.
Speaker 2: Form just shot away. It disappeared, But Regis.
Speaker 4: Philbin was so convinced that he'd seen a ghost that for the rest of his life he talked about it, and even as an old guy, because he was in his thirties when then it happened. Even as an older guy, you know, he went back to that and did like some TV specials about it and talked about what he'd seen. So while we were there, what they do is they have guides to kind of take you around and they tell you stories and then they kind of let you loose and let you explore a little bit. The first guy we had was a man, and he said that he had definitely heard the loud footsteps running up and down on the second floor. They have a theater there, which is really amazing because they have a Pepper's ghost illusion set up, which is where you sort of project apparitional figures on maybe a piece of thin fabric or something similar. And you see this around Halloween a lot. And there was this woman who was sitting there in period garub and she was a guide who was there just to answer questions. And she told this story about how that when she was there with just one other guide, they were the only people on the property. And she said that they looked up and they saw, Well, you know what, we got to take a break. When we come back. I'm going to tell you what they saw. And then she said something that I thought was a really good quote I'm going to share with you. And then well, we traveled. We jumped to the car and we drove to Cornatto Islands, where I decided to take out a little bit of gear and investigate the haunted hotel. I am Joshua pe Warren. You're listening to strange things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. I'll be back after these important messages.
Speaker 5: Hang in there. Josh is coming right back on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: The four.
Speaker 5: The Art Belvault has classic audio waiting for you now.
Speaker 2: Go to Coast to Coast AM dot com for details. Hi, it's done your sky. Keep it right here on the iHeart Radio and Coast to Coast AM Ironormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 4: Welcome back to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: I am your host, Joshua P.
Speaker 4: Warren, And this is the show where the unusual becomes usual. Yeah, the Whaley House, it's been on all the TV Ghost Adventures, America's most haunted. And so this woman, the guide, who was upstairs next to the theater. She said that she and this other employee were the only ones there on the whole property, and they heard something moving around upstairs. They looked up and they saw this dark figure of a tall man standing there and they said who's there or something like that or hello, and the figure just turned and walked away. And they were supposed to secure the property, so they went upstairs and looked around, and she said that there was nobody there and it freaked him out. And she said that when people ask her though if she gets scared, she gave me this great quote. She says, well, when you're here by yourself, she said, it's like when your house sitting for someone. It feels comfy, but it's still their house. You feel their energy. I think that applies to a lot of haunted places. So look, my footage from there is still being analyzed, but you know, here are my feelings. I didn't feel anything particularly negative or scary about the place. Some haunted places feel very very heavy, and it didn't feel that heavy to me for some reason. So America's most haunted house. I guess maybe I'd need to spend a night there to figure that one out. So I had a great time though at Old Town. Before we left, we went to this place called the Mexican Market, and I bought some Mexican jumping beans.
Speaker 2: I hadn't had those since.
Speaker 4: I was a kid. Those are so fascinating. You know, you can only get them certain times a year. They come from this one little area of Mexico, and they are actually seed pods. And if you've never seen one of these before, it's like a little plastic case with the clear top, and there's maybe five or six of these things that look like little brown beads, but they just randomly sort of jump around and make them little click clack sounds. And it turns out that there are little worms in there. They're a larvae of a small moth and they are in there. I think up to like ten months just chewing away and eating and living inside of this thing and developing. But they are very sensitive to temperature. So if they're in a place where it's kind of cool and they like the temperature and it's kind of dark, they don't move around. But if you put them in the sun, maybe not direct sun you don't want to kill them, or just like hold them in your hand and warm them up, they'll start bouncing around and jumping. And you know what, I have never I don't know what happens. I guess when I was a kid, they would stop jumping and I would say, like, I guess they're dead and throw them away. But I am going to keep my jumping beans in a special container and see if I can hatch the moths out of them. And so so that'll be an interesting image for my Instagram. So look, next we drive across this bridge and we go to Coronado Island where there is a military base. A lot of military activity around around us throughout this whole trip, and that is where you find the Hotel del Coronado. Now, the Hotel del Coronado is it's historic building that was it opened in eighteen eighty eight, as the largest resort hotel in the world. It's still the second largest wooden structure in the United States, if not the world. I can't remember for Sirah, for sure. I've got too many things I've been researching.
Speaker 2: But it's big.
Speaker 4: It's a big, sprawling, impressive Victorian property with a big cone shaped like main entrance. It's mainly white with kind of like burgundy tiling on top, and I mean it's very impressive, and it's right on the water, and you know, it's like that's the place where all the celebrities would go. I think Marilyn Monroe filmed a movie there. But I especially wanted to go there because I'd heard for many, many years about its famous ghost, and that is the ghost of Kate Morgan. And this is an absolutely true story. Kate Morgan was born in eighteen sixty four and her life is kind of mysterious. She had I think various man troubles. She was like bouncing around from place to place, chasing love. And in November of eighteen ninety two, she showed up by herself to the Hotel Del Cornado and she was dressed in black okay, black hat, black dress, and the people there this daf said that she seemed very ladylike, beautiful, reserved and well dressed, but troubled and very melancholy. That's a quote she kept to herself. A lot of people just referred to her as the Beautiful Stranger. And after she had stayed there for about five days, she walked outside on some steps heading to the beach. She took out a gun and she shot herself in the head apparently, and killed herself. And well, the funny thing is that some people said that they thought there was foul play. Most people said that they thought it was suicide. Nobody knows for sure. But she was staying in room three to two at that time. And actually I was in the gift shop. They sew all kinds of Kate Morgan stuff, and I even bought a little key chain that says room three h two on it, but they've changed that now to Room three three two seven. All these years since the incident, people have seen this woman in black with a big black hat and black dress floating around the hotel. Of course, in Ashwood, North Carolina, at the Grove Park End, they have the Pink Lady. Well, here they have the Beautiful Stranger in black, and she does everything that melancholy ghosts usually do. She sometimes she shows up in your room at night. She might might tickle your feet. Sometimes she will just glide down the hallway. Sometimes you just see her sitting by herself around her room, and then she vanishes. There was one historian who said that there were a couple of people who checked into one of the rooms they are known to be haunted, and then they just vanished. They were never seen again.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 4: Somebody got footage of a window opening by itself. I mean, all this kind of stuff happens there at the Hotel del Coronado. There are a lot of ghosts, but the ghost of Kate Morgan is the most famous one. When you go in the gift shop, they have a life size like mannequin of her there with books and refrigerator magnets and things like that. And when we were there, I talked to this one bartender and he'd been working there for I think twenty years, and I asked him if he'd ever seen anything, and he goes, well, of course, he's working at this big historic bar.
Speaker 2: He said.
Speaker 4: I was here with another bartender one night a few years ago, and he says, we heard this pop, like the pop of a cork from a champagne bottle, right behind us. He says, it scared us because we weren't expecting it, and we both turned right as we turned, we saw a dark object fall from the ceiling that looked like a cork, but then it was gone, and so that he said, there was no way that either of them could explain that, and I decided to go ghost hunting there. I brought some of my meters and I filmed myself ghost hunting.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: I wasn't able to go to room three three two seven because it turns out the place is being remodeled, extensively remodeled, And I was able to go walk down the steps toward the beach where she killed herself and all that, and I got a lot of bizarre electromagnetic and electrostatic fields that would just suddenly pop out of nowhere. But just like with the Whaley House, I have footage that needs to be analyzed and examined. So I didn't see a ghost at either one of these places. But I definitely feel like the Hotel del Coronado is haunted. It's got that that heaviness that I didn't actually feel at the Whaley House. So if you're ever in San Diego, look up the Hotel del Coronado. It's probably not cheap to stay there, but it's worth visiting and having a drink at the bar and walking down to the beach. So of course in San Diego, we had to go to the famous San Diego Zoo. It is the most visited zoo in all of America. I think something like twelve million people visit it every year. You've probably seen it all over TV. Got up one morning, went there and it was the weather was actually kind of cloudy and cool, and so all the animals were out. We took a free bus tour for about thirty minutes. That was the first thing we did. And then later on they have this little ride you can take called like a sky a Safari. It's like a gondola that takes you up. I thought that was kind of scary personally if you're a little if you don't like heights that much. But you know, here's the thing. When we went to the zoo, the animals were more active than usual and we saw i mean huge gorillas. I've never seen gorilla so active and running around right up to the glass, orangutans rolling around and playing, and there was a kamodo dragon, lots of monkeys that they had a bear there they said, called a sloth bear, and it turns out that's what that's what Ballou was in the jungle book. And all the guides were talking about how that they only use positive reinforcement with the animals, and they raise a lot of money to save animals and help animals.
Speaker 2: But look, Lauren and.
Speaker 4: I had a good time. The zoo was not as elaborate as I was expecting. Some of the enclosures were smaller than I was expecting. But personally, I kind of have a problem with zoos because I don't feel like that animals are usually happy in a zoo, especially something like a polar bear or a gorilla that just certainly don't belong in that type of setting.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 4: I think that maybe there was a time when people didn't get to see animals back of the day, where you know, having an animal you could go see in person might have been a necessary part of life. But now I kind of think only scientists, you know, vets and biologists and things should maybe.
Speaker 2: Have access to zoos. It just kind of makes me sad to go to zoos. So, you know, we saw I've seen a lot of.
Speaker 4: Zoos, and I think that that's probably going to be my last one. My gosh, the clock has almost got us. When we come back, I haven't even gotten to the UFO stuff yet. I'm Joshua Pee Warren. You're listening to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network, and I will.
Speaker 2: Be right back. Hang on, josh will be right back.
Speaker 5: We are happy to announce that our Coast to Coast AM official YouTube channel has now reached over three hundred thousand subscribers. You can listen to the first hour of recent and past shows for free, so head on over to the Coast to Coast AM dot com website and hit the YouTube icon at the top of the page. This is free show audio, so don't wait. Coast to Coast AM dot com is where you want to be.
Speaker 4: Hi, this is ufologist Kevin Randall, and you're listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network. Welcome back to the final segment of this edition of Strange Thing. The iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast am Paranormal podcast Network. I am your host, Joshua pe Warren. So we went to Balboa Park. I mentioned this place earlier. There was some kind of an expo there similar to a World's Fair in nineteen fifteen, and so they built like all these glorious buildings, facades, like one of them was used in I think Citizen Kane. This is you know, it's a twelve hundred acre park. And they have all these museums there, like whether there's one that has mummies. They have the Comic Con Museum, even though it was closed that day, all kinds of restaurants and shops. But yeah, this gets it's named after Vasco Nuna's Deve Balboa, who was born in fourteen seventy five. He was a conquistador who supposedly was the first person to see the Pacific Ocean from Europe and came back in this kind of credited as like a kind of discoverer of the New World. And it turns out though he had a pretty dramatic life otherwise, and he was only about forty three or forty four. He was executed because there was some suspicion that he was trying to take over a certain land that he wasn't supposed to have, and he was being subversive. And I was reading here it says the executioner beheaded Balboa at his four friends with an axe. Balboa's head did not come off clean on the first try. It took three. Their heads remained in public display for several days as a sign of his enemies. Might this was another conquistador or a similar Spanish figure that did that, And they don't know where his final remains are, but anyway, so he met a pretty bad end. But regardless, we had a great time exploring that area. Went to this place called the Brigantine and we had some raw oysters, which is something I don't do all that often. There was this huge ship docked next to it on the water there called the Star of India. Looks like a pirate ship and it's the world's oldest active sailing ship. Began her life in the Ramsey Shipyard in the Isle of Man in eighteen sixty three. Everywhere you look there's just some kind of crazy history. The gas Lamp Quarters where we went for dinner of that night, lively downtown neighborhood known for its NightLive clubs, bars, lounges. In fact, the oldest bar in San Diego is there called the Tivoli Bar and Grill. Maybe it's Tivoli, I'm not sure which, but opened in eighteen eighty five. So we went there. Of course, we had a shot. The next door we had one of the best seafood we've ever had at the Water Grill. And then after that we got into one of these things called a pettycab, which is like a cycle rickshaw. Where Lauren and I are sitting in the back of this thing at like ten o'clock at night, and this guy who is driving it, he's peddling it. He says, you want to have a good time. And this guy was a maniac, and we're screaming and he's driving in circles and it was just he drove us all the way back to our hotel. There was just always some kind of craziness. Well, look, on our last day, I found a couple of different antique shops and I found one amazing antique shop that had some big items that we want to use to decorate our house. And I don't want to tell you about those things yet because they are being specially delivered to me tomorrow supposedly, so if all goes well with that delivery, I'll tell you about those things that I bought in the next episode of this podcast, because I just don't have time to squeeze it all in. So let me give you some conclusions here leading to the UFO situation. First off, let me say, look, I understand because of politics, California gets a bad rap. And you know, the roads were pretty bad. They're lots of potholes, and even though San Diego is the most expensive town in the country. We were at a stoplight and I looked over and I saw a guy. He was outside of a gas station. I saw him digging through a garbage can and I just saw him pull out something and eat it. And that's pretty sad when you see things like that. But you know, everyone was incredibly nice and helpful to me and Lauren, and I mean everyone and Lauren and I. You know, we've always talked about like for some reason, people just always liked to come up to us out of the blue and just talk to us.
Speaker 2: We're not sure.
Speaker 4: I guess we just looked like friendly, talkative people and and and ultimately we are you know, I am a good talker. I'm a good tipper, and it's very easy for me to get information out of people. And yet, throughout this entire experience and all these bars and restaurants and shops, every opportunity I got, and even after I'd been purchasing things and I was a valuable customer, I would say, so I'm interested in some of these, like UFO reports I've seen on the History Channel and stuff like that. You ever hear anything about that? Not one person would talk. I've never seen anything quite like it in my entire life. Other than some similar areas like Laguna Beach. I've encountered that.
Speaker 2: They would.
Speaker 4: They would act like in many cases they wanted to say something and then just clam right up and be like, no, no, I don't know anything. It was so weird and unnatural and so suspicious. I did meet a man who said he had a property I might be able to come and visit, and all he would say is I should bring a lot of equipment, but he needed to clear some things first. And guess what, I have not been able to get in touch with him again. So I don't know if that's going to work out or not, but it is on my list to go back there with equipment that I did not bring on this exploratory visit to do some groundbreaking recordings.
Speaker 2: Of the sky.
Speaker 4: I hope, but I swear to you. Call me paranoid, call me conspiratorial, but I have been doing this kind of thing most of my life since I was practically well, you know, fifteen years old is when I really started going out and trying to get people to talk to me about paranormal stuff. I am an expert. I've interviewed every type of person from every walk a lot life right down to you know, the common blue collar person all the way up to Nobel Prize winning scientist. And I have never encountered a whole area like that where people would they acted like they wanted to say something that we just clam up. I believe, I swear to you. I believe that the people in this area around San Diego and Katalena Island and Dana Point, the some mimo has gone out there that you do not talk about this, And I don't know how fishal it is, but I think the word is out there. And you know what, one thing that surprised me, having never been to San Diego.
Speaker 2: San Diego seems it feels.
Speaker 4: When you're there, like a much smaller place than I imagine. It doesn't feel like some huge town. The airport was incredibly small, so I can see why that you hear about a place like that and you feel like it would be difficult to control the people. But I do believe, and maybe some of you will email me and tell me your thoughts on this, I do think that it is certainly possible that the people of this area have been told, either officially or unofficially, somehow the word has been put out there. You do not talk about the UFO UAP stuff, and it may just be because you have all this military activity around there and people are afraid they've been warned not to spill any beans, or they think that maybe I'm with the military and I'm testing them and trying to see if they're going to talk. I'm not sure what it is, but there's something very.
Speaker 2: Fishy about it.
Speaker 4: So I look forward to going back to the area, and I mean the entire area to do my next stage of UFO research, and of course I will be keeping you updated on that. But I really do think that looks it is not overrated, say that it is one of the most paranormally active places around the selection of UFOs and ghosts is just incredible, and the antiquing there is some of the best ever. Wait to you hear what I tell you that we are having delivered. I don't want to wait. I don't want to tell you until it gets here. But listen to this. Let me just leave you with this. I guarantee you you did not believe you were going to hear.
Speaker 2: Me say this.
Speaker 4: I went into one establishment and it is possible that I found the scalp of a yetti of an abominable snowman.
Speaker 2: And guess what I bought it. Now.
Speaker 4: I know you're saying, Josh, that cannot be. There's no way you went to San Diego, California and found a YETI scalp. Well, look, I'm not.
Speaker 2: Saying it is or it isn't. I'm just telling you.
Speaker 4: This is the wealthiest city, you know, the most expensive city, one of the most wealthy cities in the United States. It would kind of make sense that somebody there may have the money and the clout to obtain a YETI scalp that I was able to add to my collection. All Right, that's it for this particular version of the show, and now let us all relax, take a deep breath, get into a positive mindset as we listen together to the good Fortune tone. That's it for this edition of the show. Follow me on Twitter at Joshua P. Warren, Plus Visitjoshua Warren dot com to sign up for my free e newsletter to receive a free instant gift, and check out the cool stuff in the Curiosity Shop all at Joshuapwarren dot com. I have a fun one lined up for you next time, I promise, so please tell all your friends to subscribe to this show and to always remember the Golden Rule. Thank you for listening, Thank you for your interest and support, Thank you for staying curious, and I will talk to you again soon. You've been listening to Strange Things on the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to the iHeartRadio and Coast to Coast AM Paranormal Podcast Network.
Speaker 2: Make sure and check out all our
Speaker 1: Shows on the iHeart Radio app or by going to iHeartRadio dot com.