Speaker 1: Welcome to Games Lanes.
Speaker 2: I'm Julian Edelman, and we got a brand new compilation, Highlight Reels starting now.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: Stavros describes what life is like on a comedy tour bus.
Speaker 2: Now traveling on the road. You're on tour right now? Is there Like I saw your big green bus. You take that everywhere? It's just pretty much. I mean, this is the first bus tour. This is the first year I'm rolling Madden style cooh full.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It fucking rules, dude, I just I'm trying to Every tour would just ruin me, dude, cause it's so you have access to the best stuff. It's just like you could just get like and I did. I was just getting really fucked up. I was just like eating, you know, just so you just eat whatever the fuck you want. Though, it's just such a like it's such a like head hedonistic lifestyle. If you want that and if that's your thing, and that is my thing, I mean, I like fucking having a good ass time, and it would just fuck me up so bad. And this is before the bus is when we were like flying place and you'd be fucking hungover and just taking whatever just to kind of get through the day and uh and and so I decided, like this tour every like I had gained like thirty pounds on every tour and it's just been creeping up.
Speaker 3: And I'm like, you know, not a young man anymore.
Speaker 4: And it's just like I had to get the bus. We got a little fridge stocked with Costco meets in there. I meet the pre sliced Costco like London broiler, whatever the fuck's surloin with a little with some fucking.
Speaker 3: Canned canned beans.
Speaker 4: We're living like real divorce dad style in that fucking bus right now. But the macros are pretty good, you know. And if I get, if I get two to three good meals, and then if we have you know, if we have, like you know, a couple of slutty meals a week, that's not the end of the world. No, Now, do you sleep on this bus? Sleep on the bus? Did you fucking at night? You just it's like time travel. You just went like we were in Phoenix last night and I woke up in Burbank this morning.
Speaker 1: Is it comfy bed?
Speaker 3: Dude?
Speaker 1: It rules?
Speaker 4: You're so like it's the feeling of being a little ass kid and your parents putting in a car sheet and you're just for a ride until you go to sleep, Like it's incredible.
Speaker 3: I didn't think I would like it, and then I did.
Speaker 4: Burt kreischer Head had a tour a couple of years ago, and I did like a weekend on it, and I slept in like I sleep better there than I did on Like, we got this gorgeous airbnb in l A. Last time I was here, way worse than the Like we were missing the bunks.
Speaker 3: It was fucking hilarious.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then like now nowadays, everything's on the internet. You could just watch TV on your iPad. You got TVs, you got two TVs going. It's nice. It's better to travel. I love taking when I would go from Boston New York, I'd love taking the train. Amtrak's easy and you got Wi Fi.
Speaker 1: You could knock out. It's the same amount of time.
Speaker 2: Damn near it because it takes you hour to get to the airport, hour back in the city for hour flight.
Speaker 3: And it's ship.
Speaker 4: No one's fucking hassling. You can smuggle things through the train, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: That's easy.
Speaker 1: Now, what's into these slutty meals? What's a slutty meal.
Speaker 3: What's our sl I mean yesterday, what do we do?
Speaker 1: Where'd you go?
Speaker 4: I mean, just like a nice fucked up breakfast burrito, Like when you add so much shit a thirteen dollars entrances up being twenty nine dollars.
Speaker 1: That's just in general.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's true.
Speaker 4: But we're talking meats, guac, fries in the burrito, all that kind of Shitbritt.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we had a yeah, for sure for.
Speaker 1: A breakfast burrito. That's a California burrito.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you? Are you cheriso or are you bacon?
Speaker 3: Depends on the mood I'm in. You know.
Speaker 4: I opted for steak plus cheriso, Yes, plus I got. That's what I'm saying. I got fucking insane. I did a thirty dollars thirty dollars breakspurt with every dipping sauce available.
Speaker 1: I'm a big dipper too.
Speaker 4: You got a dip big of sauce things up. It could take things to the next level.
Speaker 2: Always some people think it's trashy. I just think it's fuck that, dude. It's trashy to use dips. Fucking live a little. I like putting a one sauce on like my white rice. Okay, Like that's.
Speaker 3: How I like maybe where they're coming from. Everyone shit, I like one sauce is like when people are are like, well, I'm not gonna use ketchup. I'm not an animal. Let's get a one. You know what I mean. It's it's trash trying to be class. No offense.
Speaker 1: I know it is a one.
Speaker 3: You gotta let go of any other dip. I'm with you. I hate doing stab you in the back like whenever. So maybe I'm a hypocrite here.
Speaker 2: Whenever I eat Greek food, I always bring in don't say ranch.
Speaker 3: God damn, I like to.
Speaker 1: Dip my ranch with Greek food. I THINKI and tazeke. I think it's a bad ranch.
Speaker 4: No, what are your fun? The fuck are you talking about? We don't even teenies, not even us.
Speaker 3: That's more.
Speaker 4: That's more of the Middle East, where you know, right in the middle, right on the other side.
Speaker 3: But no, you gotta go. You can't do ranch, Like what do you dipping in ranch?
Speaker 2: I just eat or a hot so I like to put hots, like a different hot sauce. I like like my euro in there, or I like like when I have a kebab, or like I.
Speaker 4: Like you gotta get. You might just going to a place with bags on jack. There's no great ship out here.
Speaker 3: Now where What kind of ranch? Because this is important too.
Speaker 2: There's there's a ranch here in La I don't, I forget what it's called. But it's like a it's a mom and pop ranch. Okay, you might It comes in like oh yeah good. Yeah, it goes bad after a week. That's how you know it's sauce.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 2: Then maybe there's this ranch is killer and they got a great blue cheese that I always have to get for Rob because he loves blue cheese.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I get that, all right. I'm willing to.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna have to try this ranch before I come in with the ultimate heat, like deciding whether that's trashy or not.
Speaker 1: I use that ranch with everything, Okay. I like ranch.
Speaker 3: That is good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, pizza and ranch. Fine, I don't. I don't, I can't. I don't give a fuck about that. But we have every so Middle Eastern food, whether it's like any kebab style has their own garlic sauce.
Speaker 2: I know have to tap into the right one. I like those garlic sauces, Like what the garlic sauce that they always give you. Yeah, it's just a little too much garlicy see. That's so that's more of the like pure middally. That's why I'm saying, zadzeke, you just haven't given zazeki a chance. I get like good zadzeki the way I do it. It's just full fact Greek yogurt, good olive oil. You fucking plane. You hit the garlic in a zester, so it's fucking tiny as shit. Yeah, it really gets in there. And and then just salt and pepper.
Speaker 4: I don't even fuck with cucumbers because cucumbers don't hold as well. And this is just a very nice garlicky slightly healthier than ranch.
Speaker 3: Also, you can make it. You can make it healthy too.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I know you kind of need to lose a couple of pounds, so I just go. I want to give you a couple of tips. Dude, I'm an eater though I love food, but anyway, that's my you we tapped into sauces.
Speaker 3: This is when you know this.
Speaker 4: At every podcast, whenever some kind of food item comes up, I will go off for twelve minutes uninterrupted.
Speaker 1: Now stavros Alki is on his hatred for the New England Patriots.
Speaker 3: In one sentence, why did you pick this game?
Speaker 4: In one I guess just because it feels good to be able to rub in a humiliating loss in to a guy who was on there. I think you were probably hurt because you weren't, because you weren't. You know, I just checked back. I didn't remember you, but from that game, you didn't really remember a lot of Patriots players because you guys fucking shipped the bed in a hilarious manner, but you didn't even pay. We talked about a couple of games, but you weren't even playing the other game we talked about.
Speaker 3: You had a good game. I didn't even want you to have that satisfaction. I would rather.
Speaker 4: There are a lot of a lot of semiles. There's separate clauses, but they're connected. So yeah, just there's a lot of ideas. And it's Flaco's run. It's right after the Mile High Miracle. It's right uh, right before the super Bowl. It's just like a beautiful it's a forgotten game in that run because it wasn't as memorable as a super Bowl or the Mile High Miracle, but just because fuck the Patriots. Man, we had to do a game where you guys fucking sucked.
Speaker 1: Is this the greatest game of all time?
Speaker 4: It's not, but it was a really it's a really satisfame. You know, it's a really satisfying game because again, you don't get to tell to a player's face how shitty his.
Speaker 3: Team was and your team being the one to do it. And I do hate the page.
Speaker 4: It's tough because I do have You are the most likable I think from the like from what's gronkret Gronk's likable, but yeah, so's a fucking golden retriever, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean. You get fucking Gronk a little treat, he'll fucking he'll be good to go. Dude, you give him a little bust ball in your hand, he'll come up to you. He's easy to win over.
Speaker 4: I have a feeling, but you know, so anyway, that's You're the one person I have some fondness for because you know, just role player to make. I'd like to think of my kind of entertainment career as that. Neither one of us had any business being successful in what we did, and so I respect you for that, but still not the greatest game. Just really just have to get on record how much I despise the teams you were on and just want to celebrate a victory over them.
Speaker 2: You know what, I think that I think that's the highest sign of respect from a fan is when they hate your team because of how.
Speaker 1: Successful you are, So like, I don't get mad at that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because I remember being a forty nine Ers fan and I absolutely hated the fucking Green Bay Packers. They used to knock us out every year in that divisional round or that fucking first round playoff.
Speaker 1: I hate it.
Speaker 2: So I understand where did your start, like your sports fandom come from.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean I grew up in Baltimore, so this is and I mean I'm I'm a fan of Baltimore teams before the Ravens existed.
Speaker 3: So that's you know, So what's the rank?
Speaker 4: I mean, now, the rate in terms of like true fandom, true fandom where it's like just tribal you kind of turn your brain off. You're not even like because if we were being serious, it's like this is a waste of all our time, Like our Sunday we lose one day a week just on a couch doing shit and like we should stop. Like when there's bye weeks, I have I go to the park, you know what I mean, I might go to a museum. Like I'm a better person when football's got on. But you know, I like, you just have to watch. You can't help it, you can't have to watch it, and so on that level. Definitely the Ravens. I mean, I remember it's cool to be a little kid when the team is coming. Like I had that experience and I was a fan of football. I must have been, like we won the super Bowl when I was in sixth grade, so I was pretty young.
Speaker 3: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: It was like and I remember going to I went to like a punt passing kick when the fucking Vinny Testaverdi and Matt Stover there, Like I was like I was the demographic to get won over by this team and like you know, the shitty, the shitty, weird like uh logo.
Speaker 3: That we had that was that was bad.
Speaker 4: I remember them thinking about calling us the Baltimore Americans or like the Baltimore Brown like we got saved Ravens is the best you know name we could have gotten. So it's like that's how it started. And in terms of like overall, I mean, I like the.
Speaker 3: O's because just because I but I don't really baseball's.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 3: The guys are talented, but I just want to fuck it. It's there to drink a beer, and you do.
Speaker 2: But it's changed, Like the new rules of baseball is awesome for TV because it keeps it going. But like like you said, when you go to a baseball game, you want to drink a beer and need a hot dog, and you prayed for the longest game possible because you're in like third seventh grade and your.
Speaker 3: Mom is there to get Yeah, yeah, maybe get.
Speaker 1: The next day off.
Speaker 2: Like now they have no chance of getting past three and a half hours. But yeah, Orioles, I used to love the Giants. Sure yeah, Calary Ken Jr.
Speaker 3: He's the man. I mean. That's the other thing.
Speaker 4: That's why the O's still have some funness because like before the Ravens, I had those cow teams, like they were fucking It was so weird to go from both the Raves or the Oars being awesome.
Speaker 3: They were just dog shit until until my senior ye of high school.
Speaker 4: That was the year they were like they led to al East out of nowhere and then we fucking collapsed. And so that was the last time that I like believed in the Orioles, and then it happened, you know, we almost we lost the KC when they went on to win the World Series. So I'll always have some fondness for them. But in terms of the day to day.
Speaker 3: It's also just easier, like Football's I've learned.
Speaker 4: Football is so smart in how they kind of schedule things because just what we were saying earlier, one day week, even when you're busy, you can commit to one day a week and you can watch fucking Thursday night football on your phone if you need to whatever. But like, actually my favorite sport is probably basketball, but it's once I started getting busy, it's kind of hard.
Speaker 2: It's impossible to follow a way too many games. That's why I love football, like you said, schedule wise. Yeah, and there's no first pitch. Yeah, I've heard about your first yea, yeah, Sam hit me up and.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, your first not bad.
Speaker 4: It wasn't It wasn't videographed well but you can't really tell, but it was fucking heat right down the middle.
Speaker 3: It was heat, Yeah, right down the middle, dude.
Speaker 4: I think they must have slowed down the video they published because in the moment I remember the fucking girl that was catching being like, ah, you know that fucking you know, she had to go see the team doctor afterwards. They had her fingers and splints. I was right down the middle, I would say, probably ninety eight ninety seven. Yeah, I'm like, the ice are up after Yeah, I was like, my bad, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I remember I threw when I threw actually when I threw this touchdown pass, remember the double pass.
Speaker 3: I do remember that that that was the ball. I do, unfortunately remember that.
Speaker 1: So like you throwing that ninety eight mile hour fastball.
Speaker 3: This is dangerous to give to me this where's the incinerator?
Speaker 1: Don't pot.
Speaker 3: Showing you no.
Speaker 2: But right after I came into the team meeting on Monday, we're all having fun, we're watching the thing, and I was like the last one to.
Speaker 1: Walk in the office. Yeah, or in the office.
Speaker 2: I taped up my arm because always the quarterbacks after a big day came up. I threw my past I came here like yeah, all right, guys, everyone started laughing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, no, that was fucking horrible.
Speaker 2: Shit, who's a bigger you're a big basketball guy. You had a podcast with my boy, Sam Morrel is the man who's the bigger ball guy. You were Sam, you guys are both Nicks fans.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well see that's the thing Sam, kind of the love I have for the Ravens, it's like for Sam, he has channeled that into the Knicks because it's like I love then. So my fantom is a little complicated where I didn't have a team growing up for basketball, and I could never root for the Wizards because d C and Baltimore just a different thing, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like Bay.
Speaker 4: Area stuff where it's like franactally everyone has their own even even like yeah, Sacramento, Oak Leaves, all those plays are pretty close, but it's totally different fandoms where it's like d C and Baltimore are such different cities.
Speaker 3: I was like, oh, yeah, that was a great pro dude, you are I do this. I just do this in myself. I'm not even awake right now.
Speaker 1: Because I've been cutting you up. I've been cutting you off.
Speaker 3: No no, no, no no.
Speaker 4: So so I could never root for them, So I always my fandom would go to like the cooler teams like I would really connect to certain teams. I was a big king those Kings, uh, the Vatti divo everyone did.
Speaker 1: I was shitty Warriors fan at.
Speaker 4: That sure, but you guys were so bad back then, choking out the coach, which is.
Speaker 1: Cool, it was kind of cool. I had his jersey. But if the Kings were hot that time, they were cool, baby.
Speaker 4: And they were so fucking good yet Jason Willis before they traded traded up, baby, But I and so I always gravitated to some cool team would like win my affection for a few years. But then once Yiannis came into the league. I am such a huge Giannest fan. I mean, it's like to have a Greek basketball player be one of the best players in the world and at times in the last few years, the best player in the world. And even with what Jokic is doing, I just think, like Yannis even making that team halfway decent is it's insane how fucking.
Speaker 3: Good he is.
Speaker 4: And so I he's my probably my favorite athlete right now, and in terms of basketball rankings, he's my guy.
Speaker 3: I always like to keep up with him.
Speaker 4: And but Sam Morrell has been like a Knicks fan for fucking ever.
Speaker 2: Next, Stavroskis breaks down his mouth Rushmore of Baltimore athletes. We gotta have the Mount Rushmore. Okay of Baltimore athletes.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean or from Baltimore, from Baltimore.
Speaker 3: We could do it. We could do a cultural, We could do a cultural. We could do a culture, and we could do an athlete.
Speaker 4: I mean, if you're talking to athletes, obviously Col's gotta be on there. It really comes down to, uh, I think Cow's gotta be on there, Ray Lewis and Ed Reid And then.
Speaker 1: I mean, what do you what's telling you in your head?
Speaker 3: Right now?
Speaker 1: I just I see it.
Speaker 3: It's just hard my answer.
Speaker 1: Don't say it? Are you gonna say it?
Speaker 3: I don't. I don't think I can.
Speaker 1: Is there something about him?
Speaker 3: There is something about him?
Speaker 4: Right I'm not gonna say there's not something about him.
Speaker 3: It's a split.
Speaker 4: I know that's a fucking completely, uh complete cowards way out, but it is. It's the quarterback slot, and it's for it's it's a split right now, Lamar and Flacco. But Lamar is so fucking like obviously this is a joke character and I love Flacco and he is you know, he's the fucking man super Bowl MVP. It's insane, one of my favorite athletes. But Lamar is just like, you know, I just think he does get shipp on a little too much. And obviously there's people who love him. I'm not gonna say that he just has detractors. But he's so fucking good. He's so electric. It's I think it's got to be Lamar Man.
Speaker 2: All right, all your thoughts on the resurgence of Joe Flacco in Cleveland last year or two years ago.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean it's hard for me not to root for Like, at the end of the day, I was not scared of that team, and it's like part of me. I mean, wait, did he sorry I been? Did he actually stile with the Steelers or is that a rumor?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: No, I don't caress it and sign good right. No, No, I saw a rumor that he might anyway that would have been brutal about Joe Flacco. I mean this run, honestly, That's also another reason I picked this game, is that, like I think, what is it is that, Like, yeah, he had a legendary run and I think he's fucking really good and to be able to do.
Speaker 3: This, you have to be one of the best.
Speaker 4: Like it's crazy the amount of people that go on a who have their best football during the during a Super Bowl run is it's the best thing of all time. But I think I think there's something about him. He feels relatable. He's a mid Atlantic guy. He's like, he seems like a guy you might have grown up with. It's, you know, from kind of I think he's like from the Philly bourbs. He went to Delaware, went to fucking Delaware, he started, he played, and he played in Baltimore. It's like he's got that I know, even though he's not from Baltimore, he feels like a guy from Baltimore. It was never complicated. The motherfucker just threw and he threw a beautiful deep ball and he.
Speaker 1: Was faster than what people. Yeah, he was.
Speaker 2: We used to remember Bill, He's talking about Flanco like, don't let this motherfucker out the pocket. Now I'm just telling you when he gets going to bring down.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a big fucking guy. He's a big guy.
Speaker 4: He's huge, and I think there was just something awesome about him where it was like you just again I also think there's a relatability in some ways, even though again world class quarterback, you shouldn't relate to him, you have nothing. The average fucking idiot on his couch has nothing in common with Joe Flacco. But at the end of the day, it's like he is from he is from Delaware, like he he is a guy from around where we're from, and he nobody really believed in him at any point this he put his money, and I think for me anyway and for other people, he could watch that and get inspired and be like, I just need to fucking get it together when it fucking matters, and like I could be a fucking legend forever, and Joe had.
Speaker 3: We had great years and I loved rooting for him.
Speaker 4: But I think it was like the combination of getting you a Super Bowl and just like how relatable and how much like like people will ask him now in interviews like oh do you and they'll kind of try and get him to like talk about how good the Ravens are, but he's still like, I'm playing, motherfucker.
Speaker 3: I'm still in the league if I want the Ravens, and I like that, Like he's not. He doesn't see it as like this like retirement tour.
Speaker 4: He sees just like I still got I'm doing this fucking sign me and I fucking love that dude, even though he might here's the other thing, he might be wrong, right, but you need that a belief if no one's if you have to believe yourself more than anyone else to be successful with these hard things. And he was like for for like him janness like it is sports guys can absolutely inspire you in your life for that, And I take a lot of that from Flacco and and you know, obviously Gianni's for how hard Giannis is like work ethic turn it coming from nothing to being one of the best. And it's just sort of that that kind of underdog story and the fact that it ends with the super Bowl and not super Bowl at a super Bowl that has Ray Lewis retires, Ed Reid got one with us because you know, Red is my favorite raven even though ray obviously is a legend.
Speaker 3: But there's just he was just so fucking.
Speaker 4: Cool and he was just so so incredibly good and it was just such a special Like that kind of super Bowl keeps you going.
Speaker 3: Now, did I want us to win this year? Absolutely. I love Lamar. He's gaining on.
Speaker 4: Reid for me because he's just incredible to watch and he's so fucking good. And I would have loved there was like the numerology every twelve years, the quarterbacks twenty eight years old. I thought for sure we were winning because of that dumb bullshit, and then it would have been if we'd gotten that one, I literally wouldn't need another superow for the rest of my life, you know what I mean, Three at really pivotal points in my life would have been great.
Speaker 3: But we'll get him this year.
Speaker 2: So ed Reid, let's we'll jump into this Baltimore team. Yes, good segue is ed Reed. I remember Edward's last year he lit me up in Baltimore. Yeah you remember that. I don't know if you remember that. We ended up losing. It was two thousand and it was this year. It was the game that I played in. Ed Reid came and he lit me up on a post damn, and he just was so swagging about it, like got a like he was just a.
Speaker 1: Competitive so cool.
Speaker 2: Bill used to literally show like a forty play cut up of ed Red every time we played him, and we're like Bill, we saw this six weeks ago. He's like, he just show another cut up like Ed Reid this fuck he lost the one.
Speaker 4: That's the one vent diagram for me and Bill Belichick is our admiration for Ed Reid is how much we how much we respect him, because I've seen him talk about that and that is fucking cool. Yeah, and it'll show those where it's like how smart he was to like he was playing mind games with Peyton Manning.
Speaker 1: It's insane.
Speaker 4: And not only that, but he'll return kicks, he'll lateral like those block kicks.
Speaker 3: So yeah, he's up and under.
Speaker 2: We used to show all our special teams his up and under move on blocking kicks because he was that legendary. So Ed Reid's one of your favorite guys from.
Speaker 1: This team for sure. Ray Lewis, you love him.
Speaker 3: Joe Fls and Ogden.
Speaker 4: See Ogden gets forgotten in the like Ray because ray Lows obviously really good, you know, but like it doesn't happen with that Ogden. They draft those guys the same year that was our you know, and and like that's those are the cornerstones of our franchise. And he's in many ways, I feel like Ogden is what the perfect left tackle became. You know, it's like that he got drafted a long time ago. Now it was just like he was so good it's insane.
Speaker 3: He was.
Speaker 4: He was kind of like Tim Duncan where it's like it's kind of boring, gets forgotten.
Speaker 3: But I don't think those teams. I don't think we win.
Speaker 4: That first Super Bowl with without him, for sure. And it's like he he does get a little. I want to give him his credit because he to me, it's him. I think of him and ray Lewis as are the initial stars that got us off the ground together. And I feel like he gets forgotten too much. Offensive lineman that's gonna happen, but happens. And Nelson his personality is just like a kind of a chill guy. He's not you know that he's not doing the sick dances.
Speaker 3: That everybody sees.
Speaker 1: Linemen are in their own world.
Speaker 3: For sure, you kind of have to be you're getting but they're the reason.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's it's the trenches. I mean, you listen to all the game, it starts in the trenches. It's true.