Speaker 1: Hello everybody. So before we start the podcast, we wanted to acknowledge what's going on in Israel right now. It's such a heavy time, and it feels like even doing a podcast feels.
Speaker 2: So feels wrong in a way, just because all the videos, everything that we've been seeing, the coverage this past weekend has been horrific. Innocent people being dragged out of their homes. It's just been so horrible to see. I have family there now that is affected by everything going on, and I just, you know, we really wanted to take the time to just stay to say that we stand with Israel and support them and everything that's going on right now. It's just a very heavy time and all.
Speaker 1: The innocent people who have been attacked or who have had families, and people all over the world who feel the weight of what's happening. I don't think we can even comprehend how severe and tragic and catastrophic this is. And it feels like very helpless in the sense that feels like there's nothing we can do. But at the very least I feel like we can acknowledge it and condemn the acts of terrorism and the violence and the pure evil that's happened and also lift up the people who are suffering and victims to what's been happening. And we know that we're not a podcast that people come to for world news or for political topics, especially.
Speaker 2: Quite the opposite. You know, we want to be a lighthearted place where people can come for joy and comfort. But we didn't want to go on with our podcast without acknowledging and just you know, being there for our Jewish community and saying that we stand with you and we are praying and praying for love and praying for peace.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Scrubbing In with Becca Tilly and Tanya Rent, an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Hello everybody, we are scrubbing in.
Speaker 2: Scrub a dub dub.
Speaker 1: How you doing.
Speaker 2: I'm doing if you're doing, Yeah, I'm doing. I feel it's a long week.
Speaker 1: It was a long week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I feel like I hadn't seen you in a very long time, although I just saw you a couple of days ago.
Speaker 1: It's Saturday, but.
Speaker 2: Like not very long. I saw you for like ten minutes.
Speaker 1: It was short because I had told you I was gonna be there too. You came strolling around three thirty. I waited for you, which I did. Yeah, I didn't leave because I was done for a while. And then I was like, it's cute. I know I'm a good friend, even though you try to make me out to look like I don't care. Sometimes, Okay, that is not what I do sometimes.
Speaker 2: First of all, sometimes that's just the difference in our personalities.
Speaker 1: No, I definitely I show up when I need to show up, That's true. And I waited for you, so I'd like for that to being knowledge you.
Speaker 2: We're waiting for me, beca.
Speaker 1: I love you, You're welcome, Thank you so much you went to you just were like hanging out with Selena and stuff this weekend or what.
Speaker 2: I had something every single night this week.
Speaker 1: So for you.
Speaker 2: No, I realized that I think I'm an introverted extrovert because I like being around people, but I also need some recharge alone time and the humans. Is it an interesting stat I used.
Speaker 1: To think that I was like pretty unique in my like I love to be around people, but I need to recharge. I thought I was so cool and like special, and then I realized, I think that's how majority of people feel.
Speaker 3: We're all introverted extroverts or extroverted introverts. We're all a combination.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I had to discovery this week because mama is, uh, she needs she needs to plug in.
Speaker 1: You think it's happened with age maybe maybe yeah?
Speaker 2: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, was it an industry event every night?
Speaker 2: Industry? No, industry and personal?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know it's a combo, but the industry. The event that I did go to was the uh so it was supposed to be. It was initially a gala and then I saw everybody saying that it was the first Rare Impact Fund benefit. So I don't know what the difference between a benefit of gala is, but the verbiage definitely changed earlier.
Speaker 1: You called it a gala, so kala gala.
Speaker 2: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 1: I thought it was gala and I was like, oh, it's a gala, and then you just said gallas, So which is it.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's like tomato tomato. There's not really a right or wrong.
Speaker 1: Gala.
Speaker 2: Yeah, galla, all right, it's gala apple, I don't know whatever. So it was the Rare Impact Fund benefit, So that's what kind of kicked off the week, the festivities, and it was actually really cool. I was expecting it to be very kind of you know, gala galas are little stuffy, you know, like rubber chicken in a ballroom, and this one was very opposite. It was very lively. They were like doing inscriptions in some of the rare beauty products, and so I it did my new initials on one of them.
Speaker 1: What are your new initials? T r y Try Tanya radyad? Yeah?
Speaker 2: How on brand? Is the word try?
Speaker 1: For me?
Speaker 2: Wow? It's so hopeful.
Speaker 1: It's so hopeful. It's mirror ball coded. What mirror ball? Taylor Swift Oh the song?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, crazy Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, where's she going with this?
Speaker 1: I mean, obviously we speak in swifty language here exactly. But Taylor Lanner was there, and I just love Taylor Loner.
Speaker 2: I do two you so sweet. He gave Robby the biggest hug and congratulated us on our engagement. I was like, you are just the sweetest man. And his wife. I love also Tay Taylor Loner.
Speaker 1: Hey, she's Tay, he's Taylor. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then we're in the you know how, like I've always wanted. I feel like you always you know, you made it in life when you can bid at like a silent auction at those gayla A Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was like, I know I'm gonna know that I've made it when I can like bid, because the bidding always starts at five thousand dollars, Like, who's been betting five thousand dollars on anything?
Speaker 1: Would you bid?
Speaker 2: I didn't. Oh, so I'm not there yet for our future galagala, I will be there. But somebody been fifteen thousand dollars for Taylor Swift tickets?
Speaker 3: Wow?
Speaker 1: What city?
Speaker 2: I think it said? I think don't quote me because I don't I don't have a photographic memory, but I believe it was kind of your choice two tickets to any Taylor Swift showed.
Speaker 1: Your choice fifteen k fifteen row.
Speaker 2: At least didn't say front ROWLD imagine. I imagine it's probably like some sort of hook up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it would, I would hope.
Speaker 2: So there was one. There was one Auctionie though that it was like a glam day with Selena's like hair, makeup and stylist, and I was like, this could be good for the watering. Had that thought go through my head and then I was like should that go for I don't know, I don't remember, but it was up there.
Speaker 1: I was like for the fifteen Okay, here's my thing. If you could throw away fifteen k would you do that for Taylor Swift tickets? Yeah?
Speaker 2: You can throw away what you could throw away?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I'm not okay, not throw away, but like it's not gonna hurt you, but you could use that for something else.
Speaker 2: Well, the thing is it goes to charity. I'm just saying, I know, but that's the big that's the big thing. It's like it's for charity.
Speaker 3: Mark says, No, I could never ever spend I don't care if I was a billionaire. I couldn't spend fifteen thousand dollars on one night.
Speaker 2: Even if it was for charity.
Speaker 1: No, yes you could, Okay easton a meet and greet with the whole Avengers cat. Well, he's like I'll do in character character in CA.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would do that. I would.
Speaker 2: Would you.
Speaker 1: If I was guaranteed like a front row experience? And I was like, maybe he's gonna s been a lot. I'm teetered back and forth on a very pricey ticket. The last night of her show in La everyone from near fifteen thousand by was it fifty thousand for two? So like seventy five hundred per each two Yeah, okay, okay, so a steal really one hundred.
Speaker 3: I was looking through next years, like seeing her in Milan, Italy could be pretty amazing, I know, and maybe if I could introduce her to my kids afterwards. Now we're talking.
Speaker 1: See that's if there's some sort of meeting great edition, yeah yeah maybe yeah, but if it's like a mid range level, right, like.
Speaker 2: You don't know what kind of ticket you're getting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know about that, and it has to be.
Speaker 2: The show of your choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I would definitely go overseas. How cool would it be to see her in another country? Yeah, that'd be really cool. You seem to have Did you have any hangovers over your weekend? I mean your week of.
Speaker 2: How was your week before we dive into the weekend, you know, a week weekend?
Speaker 1: What did I had to look back up? I was talking.
Speaker 2: You were pretty busy too, was I? Yeah, you were out in a boat in a boot out in a boat.
Speaker 1: What did I do though? Because I don't remember, I don't really have any I don't think I did much Like I think I had a pretty chill week, which I needed because the last week was wild I did do. So I have another. I have a campaign with Taco Bell which I'm so excited about and so Ali and I yeah it's my second one. Wow, thank you so much. I love them and I so Ali and I filmed the video where she ate like, tried all my favorite Taco Bell items with me. That was really fun.
Speaker 2: That's your number one favorite Taco Bell item.
Speaker 1: God, it's so hard, Like I just go back and forth on like what what it is? Because I love the crunch Trap Supreme, I love a Mexican pizza. I love the new rolled chicken tacos. Those are insane. It was so good, and Ali would really loved everything. I thought. She was like, well, I don't know. I feel like you'd be like, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I didn't like it.
Speaker 1: Actually.
Speaker 2: I like a bean and cheese bruto. You can't go wrong, and you get a little chip in there. Dip the chip in there with a little sacho.
Speaker 1: Cheese, the chip in the beans.
Speaker 2: Yes, that was my drunken move always that I would split it up, spit. I'd split it open with a knife and I would just chip the dips in there, dip the chips in there and just go to town.
Speaker 1: WHOA, Sometimes I wish I got to hang out with that Tonya.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you could have hung out there on Friday things got for wild.
Speaker 1: You hate Taco Bell?
Speaker 2: I didn't Taco Bell, but I definitely ate a mozzarella fried cheese dak.
Speaker 1: Yeah that sounds so great.
Speaker 2: Wait till you hear from where the Bungalow.
Speaker 1: Okay, honestly, the Bungalow has some incredible memories for me because you know, that's where Haley came to meet up with us. This the night that we kissed. Is it really? She drove from Hollywood, which, like knowing her now, after rehearsal, she went home and changed drove all the way from Hollywood to Santa Monica to the Bungalow. We were wasted. It was like one am. She shows up. She comes and sits down with our group, and Taylor Banks is next to me, and then Brittany's on the other side of me, and Hailey's kind of like squatted down and she's holding my hand behind Brittany's back, Like Haley and I are holding hands on my Brittany's back.
Speaker 2: I did not know.
Speaker 1: I lean over to Taylor and I'm like, we're holding I remember this story. And then she drove us back to Brittany's place and that's where that's when we kissed. Wow, I know, so Bungalow has great memories, but it's been a minute since I've been there. Yeah, did you feel old?
Speaker 2: Oh my god, I've never feel older in my life. And the best part is that was our third stop of the night. No wait on one shooth fourth our fourth stop of the night.
Speaker 1: Okay, for those of you who don't know the Bungalow is, it's attached to a hotel in Santa Monica, and it's very like young college people that go there typically. Yeah, it's kind of like Freddy. It's so fun though, it's like ping pong table door indoor.
Speaker 2: It's kind of got like a vibe that you're in the living room house beach. Recently, that one's very different vibe.
Speaker 1: Thought more chic or was it the same?
Speaker 4: I mean it's a lot more space.
Speaker 2: What I will say is it's very jam packed. The one in Santa Monica. Yeah, close corners, corners.
Speaker 1: It's like you hit an age going to these places where you suddenly feel like I've.
Speaker 2: Out done Yeah, I definitely felt that. But we came from the from Shore Bar, which was which is even younger if you can imagine. Yeah, we romped around town on Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah exact.
Speaker 2: I think it's like a college with doing these activities. Everybody, everybody Selena no no, no, I was with so is Robbie's mom's birthday. So we like started out at dinner and then just like went from there. We just kind of like party hopped. Paulina was involved. She can go. She's like energizer bunny.
Speaker 1: She's like twenty one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty eight.
Speaker 1: Oh she's twenty eight. Yeah, I literally thought she was like twenty four.
Speaker 2: No, no, no elder.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, that's for great, great skin, great sunny. Truly, she's one of the most beautiful humans ever.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so we stayed out until I want to say, three forty five in the morning.
Speaker 3: I went hip.
Speaker 2: I know, I went to bed at four am, and my body is just used to waking up early, So I was up at like seven forty five and was just feeling immense pain.
Speaker 1: When you drink like that, Like my body wakes up out of just like it's almost like I'm going to make you pay for what you've done to me, you.
Speaker 2: Know, and it's interesting because I never feel good after I drink, and yet I continue to it.
Speaker 1: Why is that it's so fun in the moment.
Speaker 2: Does the fun outweigh the pain? I say no, no, So I don't know.
Speaker 1: Don't try to act like you're not drinking anymore.
Speaker 2: Maybe there are other substances I can do. Yeah, you like that, we need Yeah, like marijuana.
Speaker 1: Okay, No, I gotta say, like it's gotten to where I don't really drink, and then I'll take an If I'm like, okay, I don't want to drink, but I want to feel social and like relax, I'll take an edible no hangover. I might snack a little more than normal.
Speaker 2: But see, that's what everybody tells me. So so well, I'm not a pot girly. I've never actually smoked pot. I think I've taken one edible in my life, and maybe it was like a quarter of a quarter of a quarter.
Speaker 1: Nibble.
Speaker 2: I don't even think it would like affect an ant. But everybody keeps telling me to try edibles, and I think I need to give it a whirl.
Speaker 3: I mean, you could just do nothing like I just speaking as a guy who does nothing. It's kind of cool doing nothing.
Speaker 2: So when you go out on the town on like a Friday night, everybody's enjoying a nice glass of some martina.
Speaker 3: Week before last, Amy and I went out because a friend of ours was singing with a band, so we went to watch her and supporter sing with a band. Is it a bar in Thousand Oaks? Is there a question?
Speaker 2: Or yeah? So okay? So you're partaking in lively activities on a Friday night. You know, how do you kick back and relax?
Speaker 3: I don't kick back. I'm always kicked either. Either I never kick back and relax or I'm always kicked back and relax because I just drink water. That's all I ever drink. I drink water. I got a sandwich. It was delicious. I enjoyed the band. I was singing long dancing with my wife. What a great time.
Speaker 2: I see, I need a glass of something.
Speaker 3: You don't. I don't think you do. I think need is the wrong word in that sentence. You think you do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's interesting perspective.
Speaker 1: I have a suggestion. What if you got some sparkling water and put some wine in there, and you have the glass and you danced and did all your things. Do you think maybe placebo you'd feel like.
Speaker 3: I think that's really interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. It's like, it's not it's it's it's all an interesting experiment.
Speaker 1: Because you know, I'm asking you to do a social experiment.
Speaker 2: I try I'll try it this weekend or like an.
Speaker 3: You can't know about it. If you know about it, then it's not going to work. It's like somebody has to surreptitiously trade out your drink for something not alcoholic.
Speaker 1: You know what. Actually, what's so interesting so that.
Speaker 2: That reminds me of this experiment that they did and I just learned about it this weekend because I need to get into the y. But they did this experiment where they put all these people they like drew on their faces, whether it was like a big big like fatty like mole or zi or something that was just like big, it was like a crater on their face. And they wanted the Social Experiments to have them walk down the street and just report back on how people were like looking at them or how they felt walking down the street with like a giant like pimple basically on their on their face. So as the people, so they put this grotesque, like with all the whatever it's called. Yeah, and then do a touch up before they walk out the door, and they scrape it all off so there's nothing there and they send them on their way. And the people came back and we're like, people were staring at me, people were giving me weird looks. I felt so uncomfortable. And it's all this social experiment about how we are so obsessed about like, you know, these little blemishes or these little things on our faces, and like we think that everyone's gonna stare and judge and comment when nobody else sees it. But but you.
Speaker 1: Interesting, right, Yes, that is a very interesting thing. Mm hm, Because then I do feel like there would be people who would be like, no, like people stare like it's I do deal with people staring, you know that do have like I think that there would be people who have.
Speaker 2: And for sure, But I think that the moral of the experiment was that, like we are, we create all these narratives in our head that are not necessarily there. It's so true. So don't really know how that goes back to the alcohol thing, but it made me think of.
Speaker 3: That that is interesting. But it's all a social experiment, Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'd be down to try the mocktail approach this weekend and see if it. Like there's just something about alcohol that makes me feel like I'm off duty.
Speaker 4: You know, there's one that I like called the Ocho Cinco and Chatta Jaesinka. The football player doesn't drink and he would he would do a red bull and cranberry juice with lime in it.
Speaker 3: And that the red.
Speaker 4: Bull, I mean, that gets me going. My head turns into a giant whistle. I'm rending circles around the place. That does the trick for me.
Speaker 1: Interesting, Yeah, I mean it's worth a shot.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I went to dinner and at the very end, they brought out the chicken, right, and you know how I am about chicken. It's so freaky end well, she means like like a shared place, a shared plate situation. So they just like bring out things as they were ready. And the last thing was that it was like a chicken and like a little skillet situation. And it looked appetizing, which I don't. You know, I'm pretty finicky about my chicken. I thought that sounds cozy. I bite into it so slimy immediately it was like absolutely not get it away. From me. At the end, my friend is eating and she goes she spits her chicken out and she goes, oh my god.
Speaker 2: That's raw.
Speaker 1: And we looked out it is fully pink. Oh mine wasn't. The bite I got wasn't. But I was like, no, I'm not eating it. I'm not. I can't do it. It's so freaky. What's the point. Yeah, you know, so I'm off chicken again.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: It sort lived, But what I do love is what it was short lived. The bravery was very short lived. But one thing I do love is my whole TikTok is filled with people eating chicken fingers like dipped and ranch. It looks so good and they eat it so bravely. There's no fear of getting like a freaky deey piece.
Speaker 2: They just go eating chicken. For thirty six years of my life and I've never had a freaky diky piece.
Speaker 1: That's because all are people who probably clear the bone and don't consider the cartilage you're eating through.
Speaker 3: I've had some.
Speaker 4: Freaky mc nuggets in my chick, you know, but I keep going back.
Speaker 1: I mean, same, Okay, Well, good for you, congrats, because great protein great. It never tastes like wet dog. No, I never ever tastes like what dog, never get a weird chewy piece. So you have to kind of like no and no.
Speaker 2: But there I have. I've had some stinky chicken.
Speaker 1: I hate that whole phrase. I've had some chicken.
Speaker 3: Here's the story my daughter has. You know, we've talked about this before that she deals with some anxiety and that's gotten way better. But the point is, one night, my wife was out of town with my other dogs, just the two of us, and we got Trader Shoe's chicken parmesan and so I was enjoying that. It was two pieces. I gave her one. I took one. I was enjoying, and she's like, it's kind of weird. I'm like that mine's fine, but if you don't want to donate it, it's okay. It's kind of weird. And I'm like, oh, well, I mean, then don't need it. If you don't to eat it. Then she didn't like half fun. She goes, yeah, I don't want to eat the same. I'm like, all right, now I'm gonna finish hers. And I took it. Yeah, it was not good. It was like crunchy and weird. I'm like, this is weird. So then, but then I had a decision to make as a dad, and I ate the rest of it. And I'll tell you why, because at bedtime tonight, her anxiety is going to kick in and she's gonna think, oh my gosh, did I eat bad meat? Am I going to throw up? So I ate the rest of that so that I could say to her, I ate it too, and I feel fine, You're going to be fine. And it worked sure enough. Bedtimes she's like, Dad, do you think I'm gonna throw up? You think that meat was bad? I'm like, I don't know, hun, but I ate everything. You wait just to be safe, and I'm okay. I think my stomach is a little bit. It's in your head because I ate it and I'm fine. And that is the sacrifice we make as a father, bad bad meat, just to make sure your daughter is going to be okay. Did you say good night?
Speaker 4: Turn and then hold your mouth projectile?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: I really did feel fine, but I didn't feel fine. We'd be together.
Speaker 1: That's very sacrificial. I don't know that I could do the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I definitely didn't do the same. Once we got some raw chicken tenders out when we're skiing.
Speaker 1: It was literally not right now? Actually see that. Robbie posted a picture of it.
Speaker 2: Robbie posted a picture of it on Instagram. Is yes, I have a visual.
Speaker 1: So we're going to take a break and we'll be right now. Okay, I had to cleanse my palate from that previous conversation. Should have had a trigger warning on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sorry, we're all the.
Speaker 1: Chicken freaky chicken dog. Did you watch Love Is Blind? Has anyone watched Love Is Blind?
Speaker 2: I'm deep in this season spoiler alert.
Speaker 1: I'm so irritated that there's only two couples that were like, yeah, hoping.
Speaker 2: For It's a bad season and the two couples kind of suck.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I don't hate I don't really not.
Speaker 2: Like uh Lydia and Milton.
Speaker 1: I don't really hate either of them. Like I'm not like, oh about any I'm just kind of like, eh, I'm not like I don't.
Speaker 2: Either of them, but I'm not invested, like I'm like Izzy, like Izzy, Yeah, what's the girl's name? He's with Stacy?
Speaker 1: Okay? Is that right? And Stacy? Yeah? I think they go together. Yes, they make sense to me. Yeah, they do, and then I feel like Milton, yeah, is very into Lydia, but I think she's a lot for him, and I.
Speaker 2: Think she went on the show to get back together with her ex boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Ouch.
Speaker 2: I'm so in that conspiracy theory and.
Speaker 1: The whole thing. I just was like, this is a disaster.
Speaker 2: And actually posted something on his Instagram saying you're only getting one side of the story. Wait till like, yeah, yeah, they all bugged me at that dinner where they all came back.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is just a recipe for disaster.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this season does feel.
Speaker 1: Was like, oh my gosh, this season's crazy. It's amazing, and I'm like, I don't like it.
Speaker 2: Oh really, Yeah, I don't like I like to like root for people.
Speaker 1: I don't love the drama. That's why I love The Golden Bachelor. It is so amazing. Yeah, they really have cast the perfect man to be the first Golden Bachelor. No.
Speaker 2: I came around on The Golden Bachelor and yeah, I'm gonna watch it.
Speaker 1: Okay, we're just we just got to the point where you're gonna watch it.
Speaker 2: Watch no again. It was very busy adventure and I watched the David Beckham documentary.
Speaker 1: I was just talking to Tawny about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I did that. But I am going to watch The Golden Bachelor because it feels like hopeful and it's yeah best.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I love it. It's so emotional. He's precious. Okay, I think we should take a break and then come back with some emails.
Speaker 3: I could just take it if you want. No one else is going.
Speaker 1: It was like blocked down. I don't even know what happened. Mark, you were just in another world even look, I was just looking straight at the paper.
Speaker 3: Laura is a newer listener, said I'm a huge fan of Haley, so I started listening after her and Becca's relationship became public, and now I'm a bigger fan of you guys.
Speaker 1: Hot take that Hailey. Wow Hailey.
Speaker 3: First of all, a bit overdue, but so happy for Becca and Haley and their relationship launch. And huge congrats to Tanya on her engagement. So Laura binges this entire podcast over the past six months, and she was hoping for some plot twists that could be answered. Number one. In twenty nineteen, Timey visited a psychic and was given two initials of a man she would meet in the month of May. What were those initials?
Speaker 2: They were not Robbie's, okay, yeah.
Speaker 3: And you can't say what they were you don't remember.
Speaker 2: I do?
Speaker 1: I think? Wait, I feel like it's not Robbie's. Definitely not Robby's, right.
Speaker 3: Did you write them down? Are you going through your notes?
Speaker 1: I'm trying to see if I have it enough? Did you? I was trying to look them down to see so.
Speaker 3: We know where they aren't Robbies, but what they were would be kind of interesting withdn't they Okay?
Speaker 1: Do you know what they are?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: C H?
Speaker 2: Where did you write those?
Speaker 1: I just typed in initials on my text thread and it popped up. Yeah, came back.
Speaker 3: In a smart, smart sleuthing over there. Do you know anyone named c H? Chris Harrison's Collett Hubert works for our morning show. No, no, it is.
Speaker 2: He's like married guys.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, that's true?
Speaker 1: Is he? That wasn't he engaged?
Speaker 2: He's married but like multiple children and he's married with Liam is the one that but he's not LH.
Speaker 3: Number two. In the podcast Back Ahead with Jojo, she mentioned going a date with a known man at the time she met Haley. Is there any chance you could reveal the known man you were on a date with.
Speaker 1: No, what I just revealed? Line? Yeah, the yous didn't reveal anything. No, it's way too obvious, Chris, I remember. Yeah, I'll give you the starting letter of the first name.
Speaker 3: Intriguing.
Speaker 1: Wow, do what you want with that?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was it was like, it's almost laughable to even call it a date.
Speaker 3: But then why not say it if it's if it was just a hangout?
Speaker 1: He's famous and I like, you know, I don't know. He was very private, So yeah, you.
Speaker 2: Should say a show.
Speaker 1: No, that will absolutely get it.
Speaker 2: On a show, a different one, they will all obviously.
Speaker 3: Give it away.
Speaker 4: We've narrowed it down now, guy, with a show, everybody.
Speaker 1: Sorts of them. Anyways, it was crazy and fun and I couldn't believe it happened.
Speaker 3: I'll just do one guess. Was it Michael Jordan, the greatest basketball player of all time? No, that's not bad, actually.
Speaker 1: Good guess?
Speaker 3: Okay, all right. Brittany says she's been with her boyfriend for two years and and they went really fast. They got they moved in very quickly. He moved cities, moving in with me at six months about a house together. We've been trying for a baby for over a year now, but they're not married. But all this has been going on, he'sn't bringing up combining bank accounts. It's this is an interesting dilemma because she says, I'm much more financially responsible and I have virtually no debt, but he makes twice what I do. He has debt, car payment, credit card payment, line of credit, and our agreement is he pays the mortgage payment because I paid the down payment. I paid the utility bills, and then we have separate bills and debts and whatnot. Anyway, I'm a little concerned that if we put our money together it's going to be a problem because he always ends up in the negative every month, where I always contribute to my savings account every month and he makes double what I do. He thinks by sharing account, we'll and it further ahead, but I'm afraid he will suck us dry. How and when do you know if it's time to share finances?
Speaker 2: Damn that is you know. It's such an interesting question that I find so fascinating because I've been asking a lot of married people how they do with their finances because I'm obviously engaged, and I've seen everything from like married couples venmowing each other for the utilities, splitting stuff completely down the middle. Some people combine, some people don't combine but have different responsibilities, like I'll take care of the kids this, and you take care of the kids this.
Speaker 3: What that al strikes me. It's so odd and only odd because it's foreign to me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the venmowing is wild too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the splitting, like you take care of this bill, I'll pay for the kids soccer, you do this. And now that's all very strange to me because we just compiled everything from day one. So it's all very foreign to me. I'm not saying it's bad to each their own, but it's very foreign to me, and it's hard for me to understand.
Speaker 1: What are you saying? The separation?
Speaker 3: The separation?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like you so that's how it works. Is that how it works in your marriages? You both just it's all just one big pot and that you just yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, because the way I look at it is I make more than Alison does, but she works on this job whether or not her name is on it. You know, Like I'm always like complaining about work and stuff like that. So she's she's contributing that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a therapist. Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's interesting because like the older you get and like when there's you know, kids involved kids prior to your you know, your marriage, there's there's a lot of nuance to it. And so I've just been I've been asking a lot of people how they deal with their finances, and I think the thing that I realized through all my research is that there really isn't a wrong way to do it. You know, like I know so many different couples that do it in so many different ways. And so it's whatever is comfortable to you. If you want to be contributing to your savings account and your partner is not great with money and not good with budgeting, that's your gut instinct. I would go with your gut instinct.
Speaker 3: One thing we did do before we got married is I made an effort to get my wife out of debt. She had a lot of credit card debt when we were dating, So I just I took care of that so that when we got married we could start fresh. Yeah, that's what I wanted to do. I think, maybe you tell this guy I'm happy to do that, but you got to clear out the debt you're dealing with, at least your credit card debt, because that can be really a struggle. If you can get rid of that. Okay, he's got a car payment, but get rid of the credit card debt and then may able to talk about it. And honestly, I think you should get married first.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, I won't even think about combining anything with someone who is just a boyfriend or girlfriend.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I feel like she thinks that they're on their way, so she wouldn't be asking that, right because like, these are the conversations that we're having now.
Speaker 1: No, but I think it's worth a conversation of like, hey, I'm totally down to like have a joint account that we both put into it. But I I would feel more comfortable if you had cleared if you cleared your debt before we even took that step. Yeah, I think that's totally fair. I don't think there should be any pressure for her to merge their finances as boyfriend and girlfriend.
Speaker 3: And also I think it works best if one of you handles the finances.
Speaker 1: Is that weird, I mean, it's so my relationships so different because I, you know, we're both and like we're both like have our our own thing. We're very separate in sense of finances. But like I like, if if we go to dinner, one of us will pay and it's never a thought again.
Speaker 2: Right, And that seems like there's a Stree store too, like sometimes he goes sometimes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we just very much split costs. But like we each have our own home, so we obviously pay for that, all the utilities whatever. But yeah, it'd be obviously there will be a different conversation when we live fully together. But I I don't even know. We both have our own things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think it's just easier if one person can do all that stuff. And it sounds like it should be her, It should not be him. She should be handled.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she definitely needs to be handling. Definitely her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that'll make it help.
Speaker 1: But good luck, wish you the best, wish the best. That's all for now, but we do have a Thursday episode somehow. The book called is still happening.
Speaker 3: Well, the feedback I saw it was overwhelmingly positive for the book club.
Speaker 1: Great.
Speaker 3: If people didn't like it, they didn't share that opinion because.
Speaker 1: A few posts that we're not supportive of the book club continuing, So there was some conflict there, But don't you worry that people who like it. There's a third day, so we will be doing chapters.
Speaker 4: And if you're not reading the book, you should still listen because there's fun stuff in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's not.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the thing is. People were like, I'm not even reading the book. I've never read the book. I have no desire to read the book. But I like the conversations that it has sparked because it's a kind of a deeper look into some things that we typically don't hear on the podcast. So I like that aspect too. But I'm saying as far as like like recapping the book, I don't know, people are like waiting with baited breath.
Speaker 4: There's no pop quiz or anything. If you don't know how to read it, you can still listen to the episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's this kind of a book. If it was like a narrative, Okay, so then this week Josie went down to the river and the treasure, it'd be different.
Speaker 2: It's not. I don't know, something like.
Speaker 1: The parts that we're reading are recapping this week are burn aches or let it burn? Aches and ghosts, So we'll be back Thursday. We love you all. Be kind to each other, love each other kind, and we will be back Thursday. Love you bye, Love you,