Speaker 1: First of all, you don't know me.
Speaker 2: We all about that high school drama. Girl drama girl, all about them high school queens. We'll take you for a ride. And our comic girl shared for the right teams.
Speaker 3: Drama queens up girl fashion, but your.
Speaker 2: Tough girl, you could sit with us.
Speaker 1: Girl drama, Queens, drama, Queens drama, Queens drama, Drahna, Queens Drama, Queens.
Speaker 3: Friends and listeners, Welcome to a Q and A. I know we do this very excitedly for us because you all send us such good questions. But I'm the most excited, and I want to give Robert Buckley his flowers because nearly every question in our Q and A is from somebody with a nickname.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I just saw that Wait and go people. You crushed it, Rob oh Man, I like it. I mean, listen, we got some great ones, and we also have some people with just some regular government names. So there's room for improvement.
Speaker 3: Gang, there is, there is, But you know, it's something I think we can build into. It's it's not dissimilar to you know, the energy around the holidays where people are like, what are your traditions, And it turns out the traditions of drama queens are to build code names.
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you for this contribution. Wrong, I think we really needed this.
Speaker 3: We were we did.
Speaker 4: If this is all that I end up contributing to this podcast, and let's be honest, it very well may be now I would consider it a win.
Speaker 3: It feels a lot like when you came to join us on the show, Like we were seven seasons in and we didn't even realize what we needed until you got there and we were like.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's right, yes, you charmer.
Speaker 2: Turn up making things better all the time.
Speaker 4: And then you shot me and put me in a coma.
Speaker 3: Thank and listen not not the call of anyone on this zoom. You did great, this is true.
Speaker 4: How are you guys doing?
Speaker 3: Good?
Speaker 4: Joy?
Speaker 3: Where are you you're traveling?
Speaker 2: I'm in New York. You're home Portland, right, and so where are you at?
Speaker 3: I'm on my way to the airport. I'm heading to Paris, Oh dalling. I don't know why we both just like lent into our English accents, even though I'm going to France. But it's fine.
Speaker 2: It's because it's continental, you know.
Speaker 3: It just feels exciting to go to Europe. I'm hoping that I have. I want it to just feel a little bit like a Netflix Christmas movie, you know, like, I really hope that on one of the two days I have in town that i'm off, it snows and I can like walk through the streets of Paris with a crepe and just feel like I'm in a rom com. I would love that, yeh.
Speaker 4: Send send me that picture so I could live curiously. I want to see you on a Parisian street with hopefully some holiday lighting behind you, and then you can pick the dessert, crape, what whatever you're in the mood for corn dog if they serve them there.
Speaker 3: Listen, if I could get a corn dog in Paris, I would probably spontaneously combust from the excitement.
Speaker 4: Jenny is like, why are you smiling? And I'm like, I just have a feeling somewhere in the world. Sofia is eating a corn dog and explain it?
Speaker 2: Can You're Madine? I started selling corn dogs at the Eiffel Tower. It's just like this is just the official epitome of American culture. They're like, we give in and you're all coming here for the Eiffel Tower. Here's your corn dogs.
Speaker 3: Here's what I will tell you and Rob and I were texting about this. I had a major friend fail recently, because the corn dogs at Disneyland are famous. Yeah, and I went to Disneyland and I did this not once, but twice. We went for Jenny's birthday. And then I was telling Rob how good the corn dogs were. He said, how dare you not send me a photo? I said, you're right, and then I went back and I don't know what happens to me. I get near that breaded dog and it's like I black out and I ate it. And then I was looking at my empty little stick and I was like, I did it again. Two times this year. I have not sent Rob a photo. I have failed. So if I find a corn dog in Paris, I'm going to send you multiple photos.
Speaker 4: I would appreciate that because we spoke ahead of time, like I specifically said, please send me a pic of you eating a corn dog and Achua would be a bonus picture. Not only did I not get a single picture from you now, then two days later you sent me a text asking me for something, and I was like, how dare you Okay?
Speaker 3: It was your address to send you a gift? Still a big ask, but yes, you're right. It's like a blackout and I am an adult woman who should be able to do this, and it's like I'm incapable. I lose all self control.
Speaker 4: But as someone who also blacks out around their favorite foods, I totally get it. No judgment, thank you.
Speaker 2: I think you should just lean into it and start sending him photos of the empty stick.
Speaker 3: The empty stick, Oh, just so cold, so cold. The questions I really think we should, especially because the first one is about food, rob take it away.
Speaker 4: Listen. What better way to kick it off than with a question from little pants? Well done, little Pants. You guys have mentioned the Great British Bake Off on multiple occasions recently, so I wanted to know, if you were a contestant, what would your ideal bake that you think you could earn? What would be your ideal bake that you think you could earn a prestigious Hollywood handshake with. For those who don't watch the show, there is a judge, Paul Hollywood, and on rare occasions when a dish is exceptional, he shakes the hand of the contestant and it has become this coveted thing. You got a Hollywood handshake. This question is really for you, Joy, because I think you are you are the best baker. I don't want to if I'm wrong. So if I just feel like she's she's probably the best baker of the three, absolutely, no.
Speaker 3: You're correct.
Speaker 2: I don't know. I'm I feel like I'm a really good decorator of baked goods, Like if you give me cake and fondant and all the tools for it. Like if I could just walk in to one of those steel blocks, like steel butcher blocks, you know, and have all the things laid out for me, the icings and the tops of the icings that make the different shapes and all that, like, I can probably design something really, really beautiful. I feel confident in my sculpting abilities, but my baking. Baking is so much chemistry, and I get things wrong all the time, and it's like one little you know, you add a little too much egg or a little too much flour, baking soda, and it ruins the whole thing. And I like to be a whimsical when I bake, and I don't love following recipes. So often I just get lost in my whimsy and then I'll end up the baked good that's not terribly delicious. It's not bad, but it's like, oh, it could be better. But I'll tell you what. I did once make an olive oil bunt cake. It was like an orange rosemary olive oil bunt cake that was covered in this crystallized rosemary sugar orange peel marmalady thing all over the top of it. And it was so delicious. And I have had friends ask me for it for the recipe for it. One of them, I think, baked it for their wedding cake. It's a really, really good cake, So I would say that might be my move.
Speaker 4: I was gonna say, I think Cake Week would be your best opportunity to shine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is weird because I don't like cake, Like I don't really eat cake, but I don't. Yeah, I can't. I can't really make anything else I don't eat. I don't make pie. I don't make cookies. Do you guys bake at all?
Speaker 4: What do you make? I? Funnily enough, When I applied for college, I also applied to the pastry program at the Culinary Institute of America what and I got in and I but it was very expensive, so I applied. I entered this contest for a scholarship.
Speaker 2: I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or I.
Speaker 4: Think entirely serious. I'm being entirely serious. And I had the chef from the restaurants where he can't help me, and we did a Grandpa Smith's Prohibition apple pie and I didn't win though, so I didn't get a scholarship. And I remember I looked and it was going to be thirty grand a year to go to culinary school, or like twelve grand a year to go to UC San Diego, and I thought I should probably just do try college because what if I spend thirty grand a year to find out I just like eating food. So that was the start and the end of my baking career.
Speaker 2: You were blowing my mind right now.
Speaker 3: Same Also, I'm like, did you write that recipe down? Because much like Joy, I'm not I'm a great cook. Cooking is very emotional and you rely on like feeling taste, give it a shot at a little here, do it. You have to trust trust yourself. Baking is so scientific and yeah, I always think baking again, going back to the Paris and the snow, I pray moment like baking in my brain looks like the Holiday movie that's so cute and the family's in the kitchen and there's like powdered sugar flying through the air. That's not what it is. It's so stressful and specific and scientific, and it's not my skill set, though I wish it were. But you, pastry, I'm having a hard time getting my words together. You've blown my mind that that is a niche for you.
Speaker 4: But in a way it makes sense, right, And that's why I'm kind of surprised that you There isn't a part of you that's drawn to pastry. Because one thing that is great about pastry is it is it's math. It is precision, it is calculated control. So there is part of my brain that really likes knowing there is no guesswork. This isn't a taste and maybe a pinch more. It is three quarters of a cup. It is one eighth of fatigue, you know what I mean? Like, there is that part of my brain that loves black and white structure. I get that, Yeah, there's no guesswork there.
Speaker 2: So are you baking at home?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: Literally, the last thing I baked was that pie Jenny. Jenny's an amazing baker, so I've just never there's never been like any slack to pick up in the family, and I've just kind of lazily been like, you're great, keep crushing. Wow, But think about it's a good thing I didn't win that scholarship because we probably would not have met had I gotten it and gotten to Hyde Park, New York, to basically spend a lot of money to find out I probably just like eating food. Wow, that's a big investment just to find out you actually just like eating if.
Speaker 2: You didn't really pursue it, if it's not something that's stuck with you as like I still do it in my spare time. I love it. I have to be in the kitchen regardless of whether I'm at school or whatever. I mean, really, that's the last thing you bake and you're like, never mind. So I guess I guess it's just as well. It would keep coming back to haunt you if it was something that you really were meant to pursue. I guess exactly.
Speaker 4: There's been not a single moment of regret or what if, which tells me I made the right call.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. I mean, it's like, sometimes it feels silly to repeat cliches but I think cliches become cliches because they're so true for so many people. That that phrase nothing that's meant for you will miss you. It's like if it's missed you ever since, then it wasn't meant for you. Yeah, that's kind of nice.
Speaker 4: But it's also funny that what I did choose was to get a degree in economics that I use for precisely one point five years and then quit to join the circus. That's kind of like, either way, you're not gonna end up using these long term buddies, so just pick the cheaper one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, cold in Nebraska. Oh, I like it. It sort of sounds like you've got mail the scripts. Are you allowed to keep them? Do you keep them? Do you just toss them when you're done? Do you keep ones that are special to you and your part?
Speaker 2: Kept a lot of my scripts, I mean, not everyone, that's a lot of scripts. Yeah, I did keep some special ones.
Speaker 3: Same. I mean, you guys know me. I'm so sentimental, Like I'll open a suitcase and be like, oh dear God, it's filled with like scripts, sides, concert tickets, like I need this to go somewhere. But I've been squirreling away memories in it. So I am working on kind of you know, filtering through those things. I same. I've saved certain scripts, like I have the script for episode one oh one that I started in on our show with all my notes in it. I kept most of our season finale scripts. I normally keep a script, you know, some version, whether it's in the middle or the last, from every film I've done. Now I use that app scriptation. Do you guys use that on your iPad? Oh my god. Scriptation changed my life on Good Sam because having to transfer copious notes and medical definitions and phonetic pronunciation like that I would have to do with every new script, with every new draft and every new page literally made me want a SOB And scriptation is a digital It's a digital script on your You get an iPad and you can make notes. You can do them in all sorts of different colors. You can add stickies so you can, like, you know, for a I don't know, something like paracardial sentisis needle. I could like copy an image of what that was from Google and literally put it in a virtual post it note on the script. And then every time you get marrigold pages or a new draft aft. You click combine and it transfers all your notes over and if any scenes have been omitted, it just deletes those notes. And like it literally changed my life.
Speaker 4: Wow.
Speaker 3: And then so in kind of a nice way, now I have every script, but they only take up the width of an iPad, which is cool. Weirdly, I find that I like to keep a couple pairs of sides from things because everybody's stuff is on it. And years ago, actually I tried to start this thing, you know, because I remember how much fans used to love to come to our set in particular and get our sides and ask us to sign them because crew would give them to people like out on Front Street or whatever. And I was like, we could do something really cool and I'll hit up all my friends and anytime somebody does a really nice thing and can like share it, can send it to us. This was back when Twitter was Twitter. Well, like, we'll send out a signed copy of sides to people just for fun. And the network I was working on at the time literally was like, that is an absolute violation. Legally, you can't do that. Their production office phone numbers are on they went so ballistic they made me take the Twitter down. I was like, oh my god. I was trying to do this like a really nice thing because all these people I know are in the circus, and they were like, don't you dare give sides away? And I really got reprimanded for it. So I have this like envelope of sides from our shows and other people's shows, who would like send them to me for this thing. But then I was like, I guess I should shred these whenever you're rude, Like I don't know. It made me really scared. I haven't thought about that in a long time either, but clearly I'm I'm a hoarder of script pages of every variety. Are you sentimental like that? Rob or No?
Speaker 4: I used to be where I would save scripts. Funny, I did the same thing with sides. I remember there was a specific project that worked on and it was the first time where like the script was in. It was not television, right, and I'd mostly done television in my career, which they don't generally, they don't encourage ad libbing and rewriting, and this wasn't and it was in. The script was not in the best shape, and it was the first time where I started like rewriting and pitching stuff and it actually ended up like being what we used. And I remember I saved the sides because it was like the first time I got to feel like I was collaborating and I was so proud of myself. So those I kept for a long time. But no, you know, because also as a parent in moving, I just it's like when you're trying to load up an entire house and it's just a box of scripts I haven't looked at in three years, it was like, okay, I can I can let this go, you know. So nowadays, no, like you, though, I have a digital app that I sort of have them all if I ever wanted to revisit them.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, At some point, it just becomes paper that's just taking up space in your house. And it's like I like knowing that it's there just for this sort of hoarding comfort sense. I don't know what it is, but I like knowing that it's in a drawer. But what am I ever going to do with it? Like you, So, if I have a bunch of sides that I was going to send out and then realize there were a bunch of phone numbers and stuff on them. I was like, well, how long do I wait? Do I just wait for like five years? And I've got a file cabinet full of sides from our show that I a lot of stuff I kept for the sake of auctioning, Like I've got a bunch of DVDs and you know, wardrobe pieces and stuff. And I'm like, you know, things will come up and somebody wants an item for charity and I'll sign it and send it off, but I don't do you know, I also hate the post office, so I don't do it as often as I mean too. But it's nice to have them around.
Speaker 4: You said exactly, it's the knowing they're there, which I think is like the beginning of the hoarder trap. Because I have three boxes of eye zombie cereal in our guest closet right now, and about once a year, Jenny's like, are you ready to throw these out? I'm like, absolutely not no, because what if I want to send one? Exactly like you said, you know, but what if? But what if?
Speaker 3: By the way, what you should do is take one of them and be really careful when you open the is there actual cereal in it? It's just okay, or you could leave it in there, I guess, but I would take one to a great framer and have it framed in like a shadow box so it could be mounted, you know, some sort of like cool textured linen, you know, background or whatever, and then like put it in you know, wherever you have a version of like a gallery wall or behind your desk or some sort of officey space like that is such a cool piece of memorabilia to have for you and eventually for the kids and stuff. But yeah, like three of them in a dark upper closet shelf. You're like, what am I? What am I doing with that?
Speaker 2: Do you guys know? Okay? So so concert artists. I know this because a friend of mine who's a stylist also runs a housing business for artists like musicians outfits like things that they wore on stage for award shows or whatever that they just don't have room in their closet for every special thing that they've worn on stage at all these different events over the years. And so she's got this super secure warehouse where people send their artists will send their items when they're done with the concert tour, and it just goes you know, I mean Taylor Swiftcott when it's in an airplane hanger. I think in Nashville. Yeah, somebody maybe already does or should do this for actors who want to save their stuff for the sake of like auction to get off to charity. Because if we all just sign a bunch of stuff and then send it in to somebody who would keep it in a warehouse and send it off whenever there's like, oh, hey there's a charity blah blah blah needs this, can you send it off? We give them the address and they do it for us. Like I'd pay a monthly feet a house a little cubicle of my memorabilia.
Speaker 3: Sure, and if it were a big enough warehouse, the fee per person would be so minimal. Yeah, but it would be very That could be like a cool kind of collaborative thing. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Have you noticed every time the three of us get on a Q and A, we come up with this one random business idea. Yeah, this genuinely is like the third or fourth business ideas.
Speaker 3: We've had to cut some out of the show because we're like, wait, that's a great idea, don't tell anyone about it.
Speaker 4: We've actually done that listeners, we've actually cut stuff out of the show. Maybe maybe we do that. Maybe we do that.
Speaker 2: Once shefally, I was asking, what's the best date you've ever had? And the worst?
Speaker 4: Okay, I know one of my worst. I was in college and got Everything I talk about revolves around food. That's so, that's so raven. Anyways, We're on a day and I'm kind of broke, and but we go to this nice Italian restaurant and I'm excited because obviously I love food, and I'm very excited about this gallon on the date with We get our food and she had got lobster ravioli and she went to one ravioli and she halved it and then she quartered it and she had two bites aka half of a ravioli, and she was like, I'm stuffed. And I remember in that moment just thinking this can this will never work. This is the last time we're going to see each other, because I can't be with someone who just doesn't eat and doesn't like food. I remember just sitting out the rest of the time. It was like I was seven minutes into the date going, oh, farts.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 4: Swinging a miss Yeah, how about y'all.
Speaker 3: I have a one that's really not great. It was actually in the early years of our show. Sorry for the pause. I'm figuring out how to tell the story without revealing who it's about. But I I was sent a script by someone in our industry that I really respect, and it was fabulous and you know the story. You join knows the story. And the feedback was, you know, you met this person, you know, writer, producer, actor, award winner, and they want to know if you're interested in, like, you know, playing this sort of like amazing like wild Child in this movie. And I was like, yeah, totally tracks Brooke Davis at this point, it was still kind of a wild Child great and I read it and I was like, oh my god, this is so amazing. And I was like this is this is like someone who made me want to be an actor, Like, oh my god, I can't wait. And I remember driving to the meeting. I had to fly to LA and I had to like, you know, go for this like late lunch meeting because they had something at noon. So we were going to meet it too, at this very famous restaurant in Malibu because it was like, you know, near their fancy house. Uh, and it was a Friday, and so like, listen, they don't do Friday afternoon meetings. But get that you're on a show and this is the one day you have off for you know, the next three episodes or whatever. So this is how we're going to make it work. And I was like totally. I like thought nothing of it. So I get out there and I'm like talking to my best friend on the way, and I'm like, how do I like be cool but be excited but not be too excited, and like, what do I I've made notes through the whole script, things to talk about, character beats, all the things, you know, And I get out there and it's, you know, so sorry, the noon was at Universal and now coming from the valley to Malibu is taking forever. You know, this person will be there at three, And I was like okay. And then at like two point fifty, I get a phone call from you know, the agent's assistant on the desk being like, traffic's really bad. You're so lucky you went out there early to like make sure you were on time, looking like maybe three forty five. Anyway, you get the story. It pushes and it pushes and it pushes and it pushes and then it's five thirty and then this person walks in almost at six.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: By the way, that's not just traffic, that's the terrible and says, I've.
Speaker 3: Kept you here all day. I am so sorry. My apologies. Were pitching this other film we're so excited about. Unfortunately, just you know, guys, my age in it. You know, if there was a role in it, I would have had them send it to you so you could read it while you were waiting. But let's talk about this one. And since I've kept you waiting, let me buy you dinner. And I was like, I just got date napped. I am on a fucking date. But I didn't agree to go on with someone that until this moment I have literally respected for like my whole life. And now I'm stuck here and what do I do? And it was such a bummer, But now it's like a pretty hilarious story.
Speaker 2: How was the dinner? I mean, did you like, was it interesting at least?
Speaker 3: Or was it I had fish, it was lovely.
Speaker 4: Was this guy even trying to make it a business mean or was it clear he was just trying to now have a date.
Speaker 3: It became like pretty clear, because there was definitely a like here's you know, this was still when our agents were sending us physical scripts, and I was like, okay, well here's my script and here's my notes, and I have questions and then these are my thoughts, and you know, I know you obviously you know you co wrote it. And if you don't want thoughts but you just want questions, let me know, like trying to be kind of funny. And the immediate response was we we'll get to that, like how are you? And then and then commentary was made about what this person knew about what had been going on in my life. That was, you know, very public and sad at the time. And my favorite line was you know, well, you know you can't date men your own age. They're all useless idiots. And I was like, oh my god. I was like I got to get out of here, Like, bro, you're not like old enough to be my dad, but you're way closer in age to my dad than I am, so I'm going to have to leave. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Gross, But he also wasn't wrong. Let's be honest, guys, guys that genuinely have that.
Speaker 3: Here's the thing turns out in our mid twenties. Yes, you all are very stupid, and then you grow out of it and look at what charmers you are now. I adore you all, But my god, I was just like, how long do I have to stay here? Not to get like blacklisted? But how quickly can I leave?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Those situations are the worst. It's so so uncomfortable. It's easier now that I'm older, obviously, but yeah, when you get young, you don't know what the what are the rules of play? How do I And that's kind of what that personality banks on, is you being uncomfortable and not knowing what to do and being like a deer in the headlights. It's so gross.
Speaker 4: Well, by the way, go ahead, rob as you can say, the audacity and the stupidity of going ah yeah, you know, probably the best way to kick off a date is the keeper waiting for about three to four hours. That's a power play, right, that's the power play?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it isn't And it's to see how much you'll put up with ahead of yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And that was the interesting thing for me looking back, I realized, you know, and we were doing this all the time. I mean, you know, Joy and I everybody and especially in the early days of the show, you had to fly everywhere for a meeting. Yeah, and it's like, if you know, I flew out from Wilmington on the five thirty am flight, like it was a whole thing, and I was like, well, I flew all the way here. I took two planes. I came here for this meeting, like I'm going to have this meeting. It could be a really big deal, and you know, somebody with an iconic filmography that I really again respect. And then it was like, oh, I have to do two things at once. I have to be bummed as a human that this is what's happening. And on the other side, I have to figure out how to sort of strategically make my boundaries very clear but also not risk like she's terrible or difficult or whatever. Story per me an industry from someone where there's such a power imbalance. So it was like a really it was kind of a curious thing. And I look back now and like, yeah, now, like this version of me, i'd be like, are you looking for real? I'm leaving. But at the time I had to sort of try to figure out what I could say and what I couldn't and sort of shoot the shit about you know, the movie i'd just made and the movie I knew they'd just made. And then of course when like should we get around to drinks? I was like, oh, I live like really far from here and I drove, so no, like I don't. I don't drink and drive. That's a that's a big no no for me. And at least I had the wherewithal to like not say I'm not going to have drinks with you, dude, but to be like, I'm not going to have drinks with you, sir father figure, like goodbye.
Speaker 2: Or gross gross wow, whoa, that's a bad date.
Speaker 3: It also, like the lore of it is quite funny, and there are details that Joy knows, which I'll tell you offline, Rob, that are so ridiculous. So it is one of those things where like in my group of friends, someone will go on a bad date and be like, but you didn't get date napped by like fill in the blank, and everybody laughs, like it's given to us for twenty years.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: It's one of those stories that like when you write a memoir eventually and everyone is year old and it doesn't matter. Yes, it's good.
Speaker 3: I'll be like, let me tell you who it was. It'll be great.
Speaker 4: I can't wait to find out. Joy. Do you want to jump in on this bad date train? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I mean I've had a few bad datesn't. I didn't date a lot because you know, I kind of got married right away and then like afterward was I was pretty in monogamous relationships. I don't have a ton of bad dates. One bad date I had while I was in a relationship, I went we went to a friend's birthday dinner at one of those restaurants where they waiters sing, and my date was drinking heavily as per usual, and really wanted me to get up and sing a duet with one of the waiters. So he's like trying to crawl.
Speaker 3: I'm like, well, no, I have to fix my hair even though it's messy. I I need to touch something I want to buy.
Speaker 2: So good, And I I didn't mind. I thought. I was like, I mean, sure, whatever, Like it's it's a it was a casual environment. It's like, yeah, this would be fun if he So he's like, I'm going to go talk to the I'm going to go back to the guy playing the piano and tell him what the song you want to sing? But I was like whatever, if he wants to do something, I'd be happy to. But there's I mean, we're here for my friend's birthday. But it was like a big casual thing, so like I was whatever. Anyway, So he goes up there and the guy says, oh, we don't. It's really just the staff here that's sing. And I was like, thumbs up, great, let's get back to dinner. And he got really insistent, like no, no, you got to hear her sing, like she's got to say. And I was like, no, dude, like we're here for our friend's birthday dinner. Just sit down. Let's just our dinner. And the waiter comes over and he he starts arguing with the waiter, and the waiter's like, I don't. I mean, it's fine, I'll sing with her. And I was like, I don't want to. I don't want to sing. I don't. I'm not, it's fine. Let's just eat our pasta. It's good. And he stands up and starts yelling at the waiter of this whole restaurant like you could hear a pin drop. Everybody in the restaurant gets quiet and We're just listening to him like burreat this poor waiter about not letting me sing with him, and I was like, oh my god, I want to crawl into a hole. Everybody at the table is just like, hey man, sit down, like girl, it's all good, it's all good. And uh, you know, of course we went I like went to check on the waiter and left him. We all left him at Big Tip. But it was like that was one of those moments where you're just like what am I? What am I doing here? Why I'm by my hair? What is this life?
Speaker 3: The when you go up on the ceiling and you're like, how has it gotten here? Yeah? How did it get away from me? And now we're here?
Speaker 2: How is this a part of any day in my life? I'm not understanding where this came from, or I guess I knew where it came from. I just didn't know I had made allowances for so many little things to the point where now we're here. Yeah, So that was a bad date night.
Speaker 4: All of a sudden, two bites of ravioli isn't looking so bad. I'm glad I went first, because I certainly couldn't follow either of those. All right, let's with old Brandon's question. I'm sure it's Brandon, but your nickname should have been in there. He calls himself the Dawn for short. Uh absolutely asks who would win in an arm wrestling contest, Rob, Chad or James. I can give you definitive answer. James would win. Yeah, and then it would be Chad n I and the loser's bracket and we would get so lost in each other's eyes that it would be a tie.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, nobody else can answer that except you.
Speaker 4: If you asked, Brandon, you asked there, you go, all.
Speaker 3: Right, definitively. I like, I like the button on it. Rob, It's very good.
Speaker 2: I can see that. I can see how like James has a has a switch flip thing where he can it's like when he when he's decided he's going to do something and commit to it and go for it. I think there's like just absolutely no chance he doesn't succeed at whatever that is. And so I think if he decided in that moment, I don't know, is it like psychological warfare?
Speaker 4: Just like he's kind of built like Superman, you know, I just feel like he's he's not just vanity strong he's just strong, strong, and he's not even a dad yet. He's his strength is going to be something out of this world. But he's just a very strong guy.
Speaker 2: That's true.
Speaker 4: Yes, it's like you know how people in cold weather are just different, like lumberjacks in the Arctic or just different. Yes, just different. Yes, yes, that is that is James is the Hollywood equivalent of that. Maybe asks an interesting question? Is going to jump back in here again? She said, is there a reason that only certain members of the cast have nicknames? I e. Junk Mouth, Fergie Skills. What nickname would you give Clay, Brooke and.
Speaker 2: Haley Well Hailey as tutor girl Brook.
Speaker 4: Yes, I liked Jayley when you went to jail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 2: That's fun. I forgot about that.
Speaker 3: Yes, when when Brooks parents went broke in high school, everyone called her Broke Davis, which was sad it was a nickname.
Speaker 4: I was going to say, given the last episode we watched, which is close over bros Getting in financial trouble and Brooke getting arrested, I was thinking we could just change Brook to crook.
Speaker 2: Brooke Davis. Yeah, I what is Clay?
Speaker 3: What's Clay's nickname?
Speaker 4: I feel like I was thinking, like something along lines of Memento or like Doctor Forgetful. I feel like that's Goldfish.
Speaker 3: Sure, gold Fish is good.
Speaker 4: I feel like we need to circle the amnesia part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Goldfish, okay. Man Ali wants to know what your top three favorite shows are, like of all time?
Speaker 4: Oh today though your favorite all time shows? Today?
Speaker 2: Wait? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: It's the way of hedging your bets right where it's like, what's your favorite food? And that's an impossible question. I freeze up, so I answered, and I go today my favorite food is because it's me giving my brain the out that you're allowed to change this at a different time.
Speaker 2: Mad Men, Friends, Game of Friends.
Speaker 3: Ooh good, okay? I mean Orphan Black will always be in my in my top as of today, I just binged the first three episodes of the Madness with Coleman Domingo, and I have not seen a show that good in years. I am beside myself. Oh this is so hard. What else? What have I been watching? I've been watching I've been watching something on HBO and I can't think of what it is. This is it that these questions are too high pressure for me and my brain goes blank.
Speaker 4: Okay, I'm gonna buy you a moment, buy me a minute. Patriot.
Speaker 3: I love The Patriots.
Speaker 4: Such a great show, arrested development. To be fair, though, like specifically seasons one through three especially Yes, yeah uh and oh man, it's tough. I'd say thirty Rock.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, iconic, you know what in the in the comedy vein, Yes, in the third spot. I think I'd actually have to give a tie. It would tie for me between VEEP and Parks and rec.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So genius, so genius, genius.
Speaker 4: Rob.
Speaker 2: I started watching Detroiters on your recommendation. I really like it. It's great, really great. I was I mean the episode where they're trying to break the glass wind the glass window and I'm still in the beginning, but I was laughing my ass off. It was like late at night in bed and I'm just crying laughing.
Speaker 4: I love that show. That would make my short list as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all right, that's great.
Speaker 3: That feels fun. I want to ask this question because we all we've we've bonded over many and made many for one another. Mikayla, uh, let's call her a little Mikayla. She she We're just going to keep it going. Wants to know what cocktail reminds you of your oth days.
Speaker 2: I was a wine drinker back then. I wasn't drinking a lot of a lot of liquor, were you, guys?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I would.
Speaker 3: I would go for wine. And I feel like we've talked about this. We all really got to learn a lot about wine thanks to Paul. Yeah, and Hank at Deluxe, Like that was always so nice. But when we were shooting One Tree Hill is when I started to get really into old fashions. And my sort of favorite like ha ha moment at a bar was always ordering an old fashion and like you know, some golf dad would be like, who's that for? And I'd be like me, it's for me, And it always felt so nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you're like twenty two, you're like, look, look what a what an unexpected girl I am.
Speaker 3: I'm twenty six and I'm drinking a sixty two year old men's drink And I like that about myself.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I Season nine, Steven Coletti and I discovered the Jamison pickleback, which is a shot of jamison and a shot of pickle juice. Here's the weirdest thing. It tastes like a McDonald's hamburger. I can't expect it. And we went so hard that we would just we There was a couple of bars that we went to. We're like, guys, we're out of pickle juice.
Speaker 3: Like they're like, please leave us alone.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that's that would be my my nostalgia.
Speaker 2: It's kind of genius. I think in terms of not making the the pickle juice being such a hydrator that it's not gonna the alcohol maybe doesn't have the same effect as it would if you were just taking it straight right.
Speaker 4: I don't know if that chemistry checks out.
Speaker 2: Is it now?
Speaker 4: Juice highly sodium content? Isn't there a massive Yeah?
Speaker 2: But it's lights. It's all. It's like athletes will drink pickle juice or pickle water or whatever.
Speaker 4: Are you telling me? We were actually just really taking good care of ourselves with.
Speaker 2: Yes, this is top tier help.
Speaker 3: I did remember reading something because Jenny Smart is also a real fan of a pickleback. I personally am not, but that was also her jam in our Willington days. I remember forwarding her the little video clip about it. Pickle juice does something like really incredible. I think it can stop a migraine. Maybe I'm going to need to do this. Yeah, it was something that when I saw, you know, some person talking about it online, I was like, do you know about this? Is this why you're healthy? So there's something too what you're saying, enjoy pickle juice does something.
Speaker 2: Vinegar is great. Vinegar is so great for you.
Speaker 3: Except thinking about it, I have cravings.
Speaker 2: I totally have pickle juice cravens. I just go in the fridge and I'll just like drink a little.
Speaker 4: Lot of pickle chart go on joy wellst listeners, you heard it here. First, the Drama Queens and the medical community encourage you to drink your pickle juice.
Speaker 3: Everyone except for me. I'm trying not to throw up, but I love it for all of you. Congratulations. I'll be in the corner with my whiskey and a little sugar cube.
Speaker 2: Yeah bye, guys, Thanks.
Speaker 4: He drink your pickle juice.
Speaker 3: Bye bye. Hey, thanks for listening. Don't forget to leave us a review. You can also follow us on Instagram at Drama Queen's ot.
Speaker 2: Or email us at Drama Queens at iHeartRadio dot com. See you next time.
Speaker 1: You all about that high school Drama Girl, Drama girl, all about them high school queens will take you for a ride, and our comic girl cheering for the right teams.
Speaker 2: Drama queenslise my girl, rough girl fashion.
Speaker 1: With your tough girl, you could sit with us Girl Drama Queens, Drama Queise Drama Queens, Drama Drama Queens, Drama Queens