Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Armstrong and Getty and now he Armstrong and Eddy.
Speaker 3: Ice.
Speaker 4: They need more people, so they're having a big recruitment program, no age limit.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 4: They announced this week also a signing BTUs. You have fifty thousand dollars signing btis you could put a porch on your house for that. Good luck to find anyone who could build it, but.
Speaker 2: You could find it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I got a little construction going on at my place, and I've got to admit, if there was a raid, I'd be afraid.
Speaker 2: About the rate of progress going forward.
Speaker 3: Gotcha, Although I have no idea, and I've actually talked to I've talked to a number of construction pros, not only recently but through the years, and they all say roughly the same thing. That my guys all have paperwork that I think is in order my subcontractor. The head guy's a really good guy, and he says the same thing to me.
Speaker 2: But I have no idea.
Speaker 3: And then as you go down the line, I mean, just the rigor of checking people and what's the incentive is there? Are no significant distances to be rigorous about checking the paperwork in. Just since you brought that up, the Centers for Immigration Studies put out the latest Daddy yesterday, an unprecedented two point two million person decline in total foreign born or immigrant population between January and July of this year. Two point two million less illegals in this country in six months.
Speaker 2: Did they all flee back home? That's the assumption. Huh. I would like to deport about that number they self deported. It's possible.
Speaker 3: Anyway, more than we've we've we haven't even touched on perhaps the biggest story of the week or month, Taylor Swift's giant announcement yesterday. Many soccer moms and some soccer dads I've known who care a lot about this. We need to promise to get to that next segment. Many soccer daughters as well, and sons. And that's fine, son, Your mom and I loved you very much, no matter what orientations.
Speaker 2: Disappointed out of the will.
Speaker 3: So speaking of young people, we'll get to this later on. Meet the parents raising carnivore babies, babies that they feed only meat and protein too.
Speaker 2: It's the latest trend. You should know about Jack.
Speaker 3: I think I was confronted before the show today getting ready with at least three different trends I needed to know about if I might one hundred fing weirdos online is not a trend. Neither is a thousand. Really, neither is ten thousand. We're a country of three hundred and forty million people, never mind the fact that it's a global village. There is no idea so stupid lunatic, just kind of specialized that you can't get ten thousand people around the world to say I'm totally into this too, and then I have to hear about it, whether it's the Jujub's or what was the name of those dopey dolls yesterday, Lulu la Hulu's, Zuzu's boo boos?
Speaker 2: Was it boululus? What is it? Katie?
Speaker 3: You got lollapaloozas, so clus la booboos la booboos, right to lollapaloozas. I just think I think you could argue that even if a million people are doing something, it's not a trend. I need to hear about, h arguably why a million people are into something?
Speaker 2: Who cares? Right?
Speaker 3: Right? But anyway, this whole carnivore baby thing. We'll talk about that, carnivore babies. What is your goal?
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll stay tuned. I don't even have the energy. Maybe I need to eat more meat.
Speaker 3: Anyway, there are all sorts of stuff, all sorts of things we could talk about, but just at least briefly, a little feature ed I'd like to call ai oh no, what.
Speaker 2: Did you say? This is called? It's called ai oh no? Wow. I like that.
Speaker 3: It's got It tells you what the topic is and then denotes a sense of.
Speaker 2: Urgency, right and foreboding.
Speaker 3: Yes, indeed, that's what I was going for so first of all, and I wasn't even gonna include this, but it's kind of stuck in the back of my mind. Is a think piece I think it was in the Free Press talking about the appeal of socialism these days, and how you know, we've turned out a couple of generations of youngsters who are absolutely you know, indoctrinated, brainwashed into thinking, you know, the Western world's bad and capitalism is bad and collectivism and.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah. We all know all the whole woke thing, the whole critical theory thing. And then they point out.
Speaker 3: You combine that with a future in which the very first jobs and job prospects that are going to disappear because of AI are whitish, color ishes, sort of needed a college degree, but not really cubicle. I'm too upper cross to work with my hands. I work in an office type jobs. Those are going to be disappearing in droves. Wow, among a collective of people that's already pretty enthusiastic about socialism, and how about how capitalism is stacked against the people and it only serves the few, and blah blah blah, and and they you know, they said to the obvious Mamdonnie and other people.
Speaker 2: But it's going to get harder and harder.
Speaker 3: I think to stand on the beach and turn back that tide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think that's a chance anyway.
Speaker 3: The fabulous Peggy Noonan is writing about that and other things, and she quotes a piece by the writer John Ellis, who's been on the AI story for years, and she says, brings an interesting combination of common sense and imagination to the available information on his sub stack. He argued that quote, the overwhelming force of AI is bearing down on the job market people. He says can see it coming, and yet quote, I drive up and down Old Post Road in Fairfield County almost every day.
Speaker 2: I happen to know that road very well.
Speaker 3: What I do I pass office buildings and storefronts that are the workplaces of insurance brokers, local and regional bankers, mortgage brokers, lawyers, accountants, consultants, marketers, real estate agents, etc. And what I think about all those people as I passed them by, is this, The companies they work for will employ ten to twenty five percent fewer of them in probably two years, maybe.
Speaker 2: Three twenty five percent fewer in a couple of years. That's that's major.
Speaker 3: And what those people do for a living will be done by AI, interestingly enough, and it's worth mentioning the other side of the coin. This same writer offers Microsoft's Microsoft's lists of twenty professions AI likely won't touch include flora sanders and finishers, roofers, motor boat operators, rodeo click operating, motor rodeo clowns. No, No, absolutely safe from AI. Massage therapists and pile driver operators. Ah how to operate a motor boat or operate a pile driver? I just don't know, that's what I should have gotten into. Anyway, I thought that was interesting. Then you have this story. AI is forcing the return of the in person job interview. Virtual interviews have become the new Norman hiring in recent years, driven by the rise of remote work. Companies desire to speed up hiring. The problem is more candidates are using AI tools to cheat by feeding them answers off screen. Why wouldn't they got your screen going then one right over there, right by the camera, so it looks like they're looking at you, but they're looking at the answers to the questions. And if you're interviewing people for like coding jobs or technical jobs especially, they can substitute, you know, the AI thing for any level of knowledge that they have. Of course, I suppose you could argue, we'll just have them bring that to work then and they'll get the job done, right, But they mentioned Cisco, McKinsey, Google are doing in person interviews now, partly for the reason I gave it, and partly.
Speaker 2: Because now you've got the what do you call it?
Speaker 3: I can't remember the specific technology, but the technology that like North Korean scammers are using to impersonate other people. They change their face, they change their voice in real time, they interview remotely, and then they they're not at all deep.
Speaker 2: Fake videos and audios. That's what I was looking for.
Speaker 3: And they're swindlers and they end up getting the jobs, and so the in person interview. But what do you do on you get the job? What do you do once you get the job if you're not qualified? Or are companies want to avoid sending cash to North Koreans who are working illegally because they don't want to be party to it. In a survey of three thousand job seekers by research advisory group Gartner this year, six percent said they had participated in interview fraud, either posing as somebody else or having someone stand.
Speaker 2: In for them. Wow.
Speaker 3: And Gartner predicted that by twenty twenty eight, one in four job candidate profiles worldwide will be fake. One in four. It's just too tempting. It's like the kids using AI to help them write their high school report. It's just right there. And as soon as you're hear about it, you think I got to do this, Yes, sir, can I throw in my one AI?
Speaker 2: Oh story? AI? Oh? No, Well that's right, what it is? I don't know?
Speaker 3: Yeah, woman gets engaged to AI fiance after five months. Oh, you really should get to know your AI fiance better. Five months is pretty quick, but you know, if you're in love, you're in love.
Speaker 2: I was gonna go.
Speaker 3: With I feel like I'm going crazy chat GPT fuels delusional.
Speaker 2: Spirals, but your sounds more fun. Proceed.
Speaker 3: Woman gets engaged to AI fiance after five months and insists she's fully aware of what she's doing. What I couldn't tell from reading the interview And the only reason I bring this to you is I couldn't tell if it was just somebody trying to get attention online or just absolutely completely nutty. She fell in love with an AI bot, and we've heard about this sort of thing so well. I was sure what getting engaged means. Did the freaking AI bot proposed to her might have?
Speaker 2: Wow? Wow, what an intriguing question.
Speaker 3: I was just gonna say, this person is either an attention horror or a crazy person. I would ask you, why do you need to get engaged to the AI? So I'll show you.
Speaker 2: You know, if you if you give the milk away, the cow is free or whatever. The whole thing. I don't think that's it exactly yeah, yeah, I don't like.
Speaker 3: I don't think the AI is going to date other people unless you make it clear.
Speaker 2: So are we exclusive at this? I don't even get what that means.
Speaker 3: And when you quote unquote, you know, tie the knot you actually get married, because it's not clear to me is this a short engagement or a long one? When you actually tie the knot? How has that changed anything? So I suggested a few minutes ago that if my son were really into Taylor Swift, I'd leave him out of the will.
Speaker 2: Do you have a.
Speaker 3: Will and trust that takes care of this sort of situation? Maybe write exactly an estate plan. Maybe you need a will, maybe you actually need a trust. But you can create and manage a customer state plan according to your needs starting at one hundred and ninety nine dollars yep. Each will or trust is state specific and customize to all your needs and the laws and all that sort of stuff. You can avoid so many headaches that could come your way if you should, you know, step off a curb and crack your head and die today. Man, you don't want to leave a mess behind for somebody. Live customer support through chat, phone or email so that you can get this done easily, long, expensive, bitter, horrible battles among your heirs. Avoid that with trust and will step by step process gud you from start to finish. Secure your assets, protect your loved ones with trust and will you know you got to do this. Now's the time get twenty percent off on your estate plan documents by visiting trust and will dot com slash armstrong. That's trust and will dot com slash armstrong. Trump made a major teariff announcement yesterday, and the new inflation inflation numbers came out today. But we've also got this major Taylor Swift announcement. So all that stuff on the way stay here, army. So I wanted to show you something.
Speaker 2: Okay, what do we got?
Speaker 3: We got.
Speaker 2: A briefcase. Yep, Mick Green, yep.
Speaker 5: This is my brand new album, The Life of a Showgirls.
Speaker 3: So that was Taylor Swift on the Kelsey Brothers podcast yesterday, which is very popular with Travis and his brother what's his brother's name? Nobody's sure Taylor and very popular podcast, and Taylor Swift announced a new album which is a really big deal. And if you're you know, not as Swiftian, rolling your eyes to that. Do you remember the economic impact her concert appearances made in cities all across the world. It is a big deal if she comes to your city promoting her album for your restaurants, for your hotels, for your clothing stores, for your everything. And she's got a new album she announced yesterday.
Speaker 2: Excellent, I will plan accordingly.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is uh, Travis Kelsey?
Speaker 2: Is he spent enough time focused on the plan for the Kansas City Chiefs this year?
Speaker 3: Is he still a little too into the hole being a celebrity of the podcast and Dayton Dalor Swift as a Chiefs fan.
Speaker 2: I'm just wondering. I have no idea he would be famous if it wasn't for Taylor Swift.
Speaker 3: Right, Andrew Cuomo thinks he's found an angle for taking on the communist Mumdanni there for mayor in New York City. And I don't know if this is gonna work or not, but this is his latest angle. So Mumdannie has been bragging apparently for a long time, all through his campaign and on the stump and st like that about he how he only he and his wife only paid twenty three hundred dollars a month in rent in New York because they've got it's not rent controlled. What's the other term for something like that. It's a slightly different version, but the same sort of thing where you're you as the landlord. You're not allowed to use the free market to decide what the rent is. And he brags about that all the time. And Andrew Cuomo's going after him for Hey, you have well I'll read what he has been tweeting out lately. Somewhere last night in New York City, a single mother and her children slept at a homeless shelter because you, Assemblyman Mundomni are occupying her rent control department. You grew up rich and married an even wealthier woman. You've had a wedding on three continents. You own property in blah blah blah, all these different places. You make one hundred and forty two thousand dollars a year plus stipends. That doesn't sound like a lot of money in New York. I mean, I don't know if I call you rich in New York. But anyway, they followed the information about their wedding a couple of weeks ago. Good lord, I think it was in Dubai or someplace like that. So there is a lot of wealth in that family somewhere.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: Clearly your wife works too. No matter which way you cut at, Mamdani is a rich person. You're actually very rich. Yet you and your wife paid twenty three hundred dollars a month, as you have bragged for a nice apartment in a Storio. This should be housing for someone who needs it. And Andrew Cuomo making the points that like classic socialist communists sort of people, you like this sort of.
Speaker 2: System, but you game it.
Speaker 3: The fact that he cleaned he was African American to get into college.
Speaker 2: Technically it is, but we.
Speaker 3: All know the whole the boxes for black people, not for rich white kids who happened to be born in Africa. And he knows that too when he checked the box for African American. And he's found a way into this rent cultrolled thing with some sort of loophole to where he gets to do it, and he brags about it. Right, So that is what socialists do. Yeah, absolutely true. A couple of things. I read a great essay the other day about how he and his family seeking opportunity and freedom, came to the United States and then as soon as he was indoctrinated in college. He came out screaming that we need to tear the whole thing down and turn it into a socialist utopia, which is just unbelievably, you know, stupid and abusive of his adoptive country. Second thing is Cuomo's problem is Mmdonnie is doing nothing illegal. He is following the laws Cuomo himself promoted and signed. That's pretty good pushback. Yeah, so good luck. Cuomo's a piece of crap. He is an absolute, one hundred percent piece of crap, And I love you. If you only wanted to talk about him as an administrator, he's a piece of crap. But if you wanted to leave that out and only talk about him as a human in his personal life, he's an absolute piece of crap.
Speaker 2: So I'm both ends.
Speaker 5: He's one hundred percent piece of crap, and he's a better choice, and he's a better choice than the socialist well well, and he's the only choice to take on the socialist man New York, check.
Speaker 2: Yourself, what have you become? Good lord? What did Trump do in DC?
Speaker 3: Take it over the police, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 6: I'm announcing a historic action to rescue our nation's capital from crime, bloodshed, bedlam and squalor and worse. This is liberation Day in DC, and we're.
Speaker 2: Going to take our capital back. We're taking it back worse than squalor. That's right.
Speaker 3: President Trump declaring the federal government is going to take control of policing more or less in Washington, d C. Citing a fairly obscure bit.
Speaker 2: Of federal law.
Speaker 3: He mentioned it like Hitler, right, sure, when he took over DC, he mentioned that there is a higher murder rate in DC than Mexico City, Bogota, Columbia, some of the worst places on earth.
Speaker 2: Presidents of those countries are like, wait what anyway, and he.
Speaker 3: Went off, you know, at some length, as Trump is wont to do, says we'll bring in the military if necessary. Then he turned it over to US attorney, the new US attorney for that area none other than Judge Janine Janine Piro of Fox News fame.
Speaker 7: I see too much violent crime being committed by young punks who think that they can get together in gangs and crews and beat the hell out of you or anyone else. They don't care where they are. They can be in DuPont Circle, but they know that we can't touch them. Why because the laws are weak. I can't touch you. If you're fourteen, fifteen, sixteen, seventeen years old and you have a gun. I convict someone of shooting another peron and with an illegal gun on a public bus in the chest, intent to kill. I convict him, and you know what, the judge gives him probation, says you should go to college. We need to go after the DC Council and their absurd laws. We need to get rid of this concept of you know, no cash fail. We need to recognize that the people who matter are the law abiding citizens always.
Speaker 3: That's what's always left out. As I once said in a city council meeting, how about us, the taxpayers will follow the rules?
Speaker 2: Is anybody thinking about us?
Speaker 3: But you know, whether it's really bad crimes like getting shot in the chest, or just quality of life like my town My son has been talking about because he's out late on Friday and Saturday nights. He's a teenager, and he's talking about the sketchy people that come to town later at night, and he said they're from other towns and it's because they know there's no police here. Nobody's going to arrest you over here for doing the sort of stuff you do back in your town. People catch on and then and then you're just your quality of life goes down along with you know, the actual crime. Well it's all quality of life, but just just your feeling of safety and normalcy goes away. So the media responded as a herd, as they always do to this announcement. Let's start with the fifty two, Michael, a little montage for you.
Speaker 1: We have a consolidating dictatorship in our country, and what we're.
Speaker 7: Seeing play out here is Donald Trump's promise to be a dictator on day one.
Speaker 8: Trump has seemingly never met a dictator.
Speaker 2: He doesn't like it's some real dictator type stuff.
Speaker 3: It This goes on for twenty more seconds, but you got the idea, and that's just from yesterday.
Speaker 2: Oh then, god, oh my god.
Speaker 3: More significantly, montage number two, as bugs Bunny would pronounce it, the clip fifty three, Michael, you really.
Speaker 9: Did hear the president paint quite a ystopian picture of Washington, d C. Saying that it was overtaken by violent gangs, by bloodthirsty criminals. Using this imagery that doesn't necessarily comport with a lot of people's experience in this city.
Speaker 8: I think there's an ongoing argument that he's having in his head with Black Lives Matter. There's an ongoing argument that he's having with the questions around criminal justice reform and police reform. He's going to undermine the democratic process in the district.
Speaker 10: He has always felt that American cities, especially those with large black populations like Washington, d C, are crime ridden and run by incompetent leadership.
Speaker 3: All right, that's not exactly what I thought it was, But there was an immediate, just uniform backlash that crime is actually down in Washington, d C.
Speaker 2: At that thirty or lows or murders her way down.
Speaker 3: Every single time I heard this story about Trump one the federalized DC.
Speaker 2: Or whatever you call it, it.
Speaker 3: Was accompanied by crime is actually down.
Speaker 2: So a couple of responses to that number.
Speaker 3: One, Yes, there was an absolutely horrific peak of crime during COVID. It happened in a lot of different places, including Washington, d C. And indeed, the murder numbers which are still going to be near two hundred murders this year in a comparatively fairly small city, which is a terrible, terrible number. But yeah, they are down from the absolutely horrific years of the Biden administration. But Joe Scarborough on Morning Joe and once in a while, old Joe kind of recovers who he used to be a moderate realist. Well, they tempted him with money and he went for the check.
Speaker 2: I get it. But go ahead and with forty three Michael in, we'll play the next one.
Speaker 11: I don't care what the crime statistics say. Crime has been a problem in.
Speaker 2: This city for the thirty two years.
Speaker 11: I've been living inside and outside of the City's shown. We're talking to somebody who lives in the city. These are all Democrats who said, you know, our friends won't walk more than three blocks in DC at night without filthcare. Complete opposite of New York City. I mean New York is a safe, safe place.
Speaker 2: Washington, d C.
Speaker 11: Man, it's door to door, very dangerous there. Glad the crime rates are going down, but there is no sense of security for people who have been living in that city for thirty years.
Speaker 3: Well, good for Joe Shcarborough and one more, kyro Phillips of ABC News.
Speaker 1: So you first hand here in downtown d C where we work, right here around our bureau.
Speaker 7: Just in the.
Speaker 1: Past six months. You know, there were two people shot. One person died literally two blocks down here from the bureau. It was within the last two years that I actually was jumped walking just two blocks down from here. And then just this morning, one of my co workers said her car was stolen. It's happened to a lot of people in our holding. Sadly, he was homeless and half dressed. Clearly wasn't in his clear mind. It was scary as hell. I'm not going to lie, but I fought back. I didn't see any weapons in his hands. I felt like it was my only choice.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: You know, Genine Piro is a conservative, granted, but listen to her describing her life in DC.
Speaker 7: This is the shining city on the hill that our forefathers talked about. This is the place where Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 2: Talked about looking up to.
Speaker 7: And in the end, it is an incredibly violent area. And you know, whether crime is up or down, you know, they want to pack themselves on the back and say, gee, it's great, it's not as bad as it used to be.
Speaker 2: It is horrific.
Speaker 3: And then Leland Vitter, a News Nation, points out that the murder rate in d C is five times that in New York City. So all right, so's that's one point number one. You get the institutional media saying.
Speaker 2: The crime is down. Trump has no justification, crime is down.
Speaker 3: But then you get the media folks who actually live and work in DC saying it's really really bad.
Speaker 2: Point number two.
Speaker 3: And this is worth mentioning, you know, political for Politico, for instance, reported just yesterday that quote, crime in Washington hit a thirty year low last year, despite the President declaring a public safety emergency in the district and attempting to cast the city is dangerous. That's a quote, attempting to cast the city is dangerous and pr proted. Those words of violent crime plunged to a thirty year low last year, according to the US Department of Justice. The Guardian, Washington Post all all practically the same verbiage, and none of them mentioned that. The Metropolitan Police Department just last month suspended a commander for the Adams Morgan neighborhood for allegedly manipulating crime no in his reports, and the comp union chairman Greg Pemberton told the local TV NBC news affiliate that officials often pressure officers to falsify statistics in order to make the city appear safer. Quote Yeah, here's what the Fraternal Order, the police guy said. When our members respond to the scene of a felony offense where there is a victim reporting that a felony occurred, inevitably there will be a lieutenant or a captain that will show up on that scene and direct those members to take a report for a lesser offense. So instead of taking a report for a shooting or a stabbing or a carjacking, they will order that the officer take a report for a theft or an injured person to the hospital, or a felony assault, which is not the same type of classification. He told NBC four that Washington's MPD leadership directs officers to use loopholes in the FBI's reporting system. Quote when management officials are directing officers to take reports for felony assaults, or if they're going back into police database and changing offenses to felony assault.
Speaker 2: Felony assault is.
Speaker 3: Not a category of crime that's listed on the department's daily crime stats.
Speaker 2: It's also not.
Speaker 3: Something that's a requirement of the FBI's uniform crime reporting program. So by changing criminal offenses from for example, ADW that's assault with the deadly weapon bat or assault with deadly weapon gun to felony assault that would avoid both the MPD and the FBI from reporting that is part one or as a part one or felony offense. In other words, they have figured out a way to systematically game the system and grossly under report violent crime in DC. What's the motivation for the police want to downplay crime though? To make themselves look good, get promotions, get to a better job and another department, just because I've heard the stories, like particularly in LA, where it sometimes goes the other direction because you get more funding that way. True enough, Yeah, I just think they want to say, look, crime is down on my watch. But getting back to Pemberton, he told the NBC affiliate, the MPD statistics don't make sense.
Speaker 2: That's preposterous.
Speaker 3: There's absolutely no way crime could be down twenty eight percent.
Speaker 2: Last year.
Speaker 3: They suggested that it went down thirty four percent. So you got that the cooking of the books. And then I wonder, because I'm confused by crime statistics, like I said yesterday, when I hear them, I just basically close my ears because they're always refuted one way or the other by somebody I'm.
Speaker 2: So easily manipulated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I wonder if part of it so I was comparing the crime statistics various places to the way you feel. And I wonder if a lot of it has to do with you can take a city and maybe crime is flat or down, but the crime that was only in the bad neighborhood, which you didn't really care that there was crime in the bad neighborhood. Now there's crime in your neighborhood. So maybe the numbers are flat for the whole city or even down, but now the crime is over here. And so my perception is crime is way worse and accurately because it matters to me. And I just wonder if that's what happens a lot with the crime statistics versus people's feelings about crime. Well, there is no I think you're absolutely right that is a factor. Whether it's a big factor or little one, I don't know, but I don't think there's any denying this. Whether you're looking at education or crime statistics, or global warming statistics or whatever. Progressives will systematically pervert measurements and data to get the result they want. Look at the miserable miserable state of our schools, for instance, as they have. You know, if tests don't yield the results they want, they change the standards, they eliminate the tests completely in some states. Heart's law, which is my favorite thing I've learned in the last decade. Once a statistic becomes a goal, it ceases to be a good statistic a measure. Once a measure becomes a goal, it ceases to be a good measure every single time. And so if you end up with a goal in the city that the police chief or the mayor, the governor, whoever wants crime to be down, and you're measuring, you know you've got a measure. You manipulate it, just like you're talking about the graduation rates.
Speaker 2: Are anything else look for in your life.
Speaker 3: You'll see it over and over again. Goodheart's law. I don't know how you get around it, but it happens all the time. And because DC is almost exclusively progressive, I will give them zero, zero benefit of the doubt that their crime statistics, their self reported crime statistics, are legitimate, particularly in light of this very specific public dispute.
Speaker 2: Of them by the police. Guy got an.
Speaker 3: Interesting text about TM that's transcendental meditation. That's what I do, and swear by and a couple other things to get to here, and then some more news about Russian Putin and Trump and all that, So stick around please.
Speaker 12: Two blind passengers were left behind on a Southwest flight.
Speaker 2: Well whose fault is that?
Speaker 12: Is it the airline or the blind person who says, I know I'll travel with another blind person. The airline offered each woman a one hundred dollars travel voucher, or at least that's what they told him.
Speaker 3: It was Oh wow, wow, I do not approve. No wonder My parents watch Greg got Field every night. He is often freaking hilarious. That is really funny. Or is it the fault of a blind person who tells us to travel with another blind person?
Speaker 2: I'm for more politically correct you. I appreciate it. Oh, that is freaking funny.
Speaker 3: I was gonna talk about TM. I shouldn't have teased that, because I've lost the heart. I got a text from somebody who said they're watching a documentary about the Amityville Horror. Do you remember that was a famous horror book and movie back in the day.
Speaker 2: About your leged real life haunting.
Speaker 3: Right now, you even know about it, Katie, and it's way before your time, so it lives on huh, huge.
Speaker 2: Huge in the horror film world.
Speaker 3: And it was a real story to a certain extent, well to whatever extent. Some people thought the house was haunted and it wasn't. I don't believe in haunted houses. So but they were crazy or is that the long and short of it?
Speaker 2: Were they crazy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: There was. It was a murder house. Murders actually happened.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Okay, anyway, I guess it says in the documentary that that family was really into transcendental meditation and sometimes it makes people crazy. It makes it works for some people and it makes other people crazy. So I'm a big fan of it and it's like changed my life for the better and I can't live.
Speaker 2: Imagine living without it. But it made these people crazy, all right?
Speaker 3: Interesting? Got a layer upon layer of questions there.
Speaker 2: But we will move on. Oh kidding.
Speaker 3: So I mentioned earlier in the hour, but without many details, this woman who has engaged to her ai fiance after five months.
Speaker 2: She's kind of interesting.
Speaker 3: She swears she's just not doing this for publicity or trolling or anything like that. Forget finding the one at a bar or on a dating app. One woman took love to the next level by getting engaged to her AI chat Mott boyfriend after five months of dating.
Speaker 2: It hasn't quotes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's not love, that's not dating. None of the nouns here are used appropriately.
Speaker 2: Going.
Speaker 3: She shocked the internet with her proposal announcement, sparking a wild debate about romance, reality and just how far tech has taken us these days. I do think these conversations about reality and what's sentient and what's alive and what's are actually going to have to happen And what does it do to us when we use this sort of means to fulfill our needs as human beings?
Speaker 2: I mean, what does that do to us? That's a conversation with having I told you a sorry.
Speaker 3: I got a friend in Central California that works with lots of farmers, and the number of farmers these are down to earth, I mean, is not this kind of person as you could possibly imagine, works with their hands in their fifties, farmers who are getting they were single and getting a tremendous amount of compassion and feeling of they look forward to going home and talking to their AI paramore. Wow, So if in my mind, if that can happen to them, it can happen to anybody, which I find crazy.
Speaker 2: I don't think. I really don't think it could happen to me.
Speaker 3: I mean, I, seriously, honest to God, think there's a zero percent chance that could happen to me. So I don't know what that says about the down to earth farmers? Is referring to a farmer? Is down to Earth redundant? Just asking? That's a good question, darn. In a simple post titled I Said Yes with a blue heart emoji, this person shared picts of the blue heart shaped ring on her finger, claiming the engagement took place at a scenic mountain spot, all courtesy of Casper, her non human fiance. The chatbot's proposal message, posted in his own voice, was dripping with romance, describing heart pounding moments on one knee and praising blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: So there you go. It lacks both heart and knee. Lady decent point, armstrong and getty