Speaker 1: Hello, folks, This is Lyle here. I just wanted to drop in at the beginning of the podcast because so, as you guys know, this podcast is basically audio highlights from a twitch stream that I do every Monday, Wednesday and Friday at nine pm Eastern Standard time on twitch dot tv slash Lyle forever. And this podcast has calls sort of Frankenstein's together from three different streams, but two of the streams are from pre recorded streams, if that makes any sense. They're like I basically recorded them offline and then streamed them later because I was busy on the road doing some stuff and I couldn't stream. But anyway, I know it's complicated. All I wanted to do was come on here at the beginning of this podcast. I'll let you guys know that throughout this post podcast. If you ever hear me say mention anything about like, oh this is being pre recorded, or oh this will air at some point later, stuff that's just making no sense. This is just me right here letting you know, just ignore it. But regardless, ignoring that, this is still a great episode of lots of good calls. It was interesting to record some of these calls with no live chat going on, because in a weird way, it makes it feel more intimate, you know. I mean, at the end of the day, this is a podcast and it's recorded anyway, It's not like the live stream. So yeah, does anyone care about this? Should I just get into the podcast? Should we just get into it? This is a good one. Take a listen. Thanks for listening to the pod. I appreciate you guys very much. By the way, if you have any thoughts about the podcast, any comments, any questions, any concerns, I love hearing that stuff. I'm always neurotic and in my head about this podcast version because it's not like the Twitch version where it's live and I can sort of get that live feedback from people. So please, listeners of the Therapy Gecko podcast. If you have any comments, questions, concerns, feedback, whatever it is, please send me an email an email at Lyle forever and Ever at gmail dot com. That's Lyle forever and Ever at gmail dot com. L Y L E f O R e v e r A N D e v e r at gmail dot com. I would love to hear from you anyway, enough of this, enough of me. Sorry, If you know none of this makes any fucking sense. Let's get into the thing.
Speaker 2: Weekend goes on the line, taking your phone calls every nine everything. Kid goes to teaching you.
Speaker 3: All from Norah.
Speaker 1: Wait, Nora, we just spoke before, didn't we?
Speaker 4: Oh my god? Hi, No, we've never spoken. I've been calling for hours, like the whole time.
Speaker 1: Interesting, we've ever spoke. I feel like I talked to a Nora recently. Don't know. Maybe Norah is becoming a more popular name. Do you know a lot of other Noras? I do not, So it's up Norah tell me everything. Why is this insane?
Speaker 5: I'm a huge fan, and I'm very nervous right now.
Speaker 1: I appreciate that I don't be nervous. Look, it's just you and me, and there's no chat right now. I'm not live. I'm sitting in my chair where I normally sit for the stream, and I'm staring into the camera I normally stare at but there is I'm not live. I'm putting this one in the can for later.
Speaker 5: Does it weird to be in the gek costume but no one's watching?
Speaker 1: You know? It felt weird at first, but now that I've now that I've gotten into it it really it kind of feels exactly the same because it was because I I interact with I interact with chat sort of minimally while I'm on the phone with someone. Most of it is interrect me interact with the person I'm on the phone with, and that element has has remained constant.
Speaker 6: So well, that's good.
Speaker 5: I appreciate having your attention.
Speaker 1: That is meaningful, of course, of course, So what can I do for you? Nora?
Speaker 5: Oh god, I I don't know. I really didn't think this was like my I've called like two hundred times. This was my my last ditch effort, and I really was not prepared for you to answer the phone.
Speaker 1: That's okay. I wasn't really prepared to talk to you either.
Speaker 5: So is there like a question tonight that you're asking everybody?
Speaker 1: No, not really, I didn't think about that, that this this that far in advance. I'm kind of just talking to people on the phone about whatever. I don't know. I mean, you said no, you said you're a fan. I mean, what do you think of the format? Do you think? It's?
Speaker 7: Like?
Speaker 1: Sometimes I'm like how long can I really keep doing this for?
Speaker 3: You?
Speaker 1: Know what?
Speaker 8: I mean?
Speaker 5: Like, how I you know, well, that parts up to you, like if it, if it, if it is, what's the word I'm looking for? Not sustainable? I mean, yeah, sustainability is important, sure, but if you feel like it's fulfilling for you, I would just say do it until it's not.
Speaker 1: I like that. I like that. No, No, Nora, what do you do? What's your life?
Speaker 5: So? I just graduated a couple of months.
Speaker 1: Ago high school or college college.
Speaker 9: Nice and mhm, to keep it vague.
Speaker 4: I now work at a.
Speaker 5: It's it's well, it's a facility that helps people get off of drugs.
Speaker 4: So yeah, that's that's.
Speaker 1: What I do now, like a rehabilitation center.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we incorporate medication assisted treatment, so things like suboxin big big words, but it's just.
Speaker 10: What is.
Speaker 4: Suboxen?
Speaker 11: Oh gosh.
Speaker 5: It's an opioid blocker essentially, and so it helps people with symptoms of withdrawal. And it also will if someone were to use while they were on sibox and they wouldn't feel the effects of the drug that they're taking, and so it's you know, easier to to stop taking the drugs. It helps a lot with withdrawal symptoms, that's the biggest part.
Speaker 1: And so was this I was working at a rehab facility. Something you always wanted to do? Was that your goal?
Speaker 5: Kind of I've always had I've always had a desire to work in uh, you know, like addiction treatment and stuff that. But I didn't think I could do it for a while. I didn't think I had it in me.
Speaker 1: But when you say you didn't think it had you had it in you, like, do you mean like the ability to withstand being around, you know, sort of a depressing environment or these skills to do the job, Like what do you mean by it?
Speaker 5: The first thing you said? Definitely, I I didn't think that I would be able to handle. I think I really didn't think that I would be able to handle the time when you can't reach somebody, because not everybody. It doesn't work out for everybody.
Speaker 4: I mean, people.
Speaker 5: Stop coming in for their appointments or you know, relapse is pretty common and a lot like a lot of times people can get over that hurle, but sometimes people can't. And I thought that that would affect me too much and that I wouldn't do well if that happened.
Speaker 1: But you know, do you consider yourself optimistic?
Speaker 9: Ooh not really?
Speaker 5: Definitely not for myself maybe for other people, like I believe in, I am endlessly optimistic for other people, but I am very not for myself.
Speaker 1: Why do you think that is?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, you know, I don't know. I have very low self esteem.
Speaker 9: That could be it.
Speaker 5: Self forth.
Speaker 1: The reason I'm asking is because you know, this thing of not feeling like you can handle it when you try to reach someone and it doesn't work out. You know, I was wondering if maybe you were a typically optimistic Well you said, well, you said you are. You said you are optimistic for other people, And I'm wondering if these these times in which you see people not being able to be reached chips away at that at that optimism.
Speaker 5: It definitely does. I mean it changes kind of the way that I see like the the the world. Like you know, I majored in social work and so you see, really this past year, I feel like I have seen and I think this was kind of like the veil was pulled back for a lot of people this past year. But in some of my classes, I'm just learning about these systems that it feels like they were never meant to actually work, and it just keeps people, you know, unstable and poor and addicted and all of these different things, and it has just been I feel like that was a reckoning that a lot of people had this past year. And I've i've you know, had these thoughts for quite some time.
Speaker 1: But you know, but when you say the system, do you mean sort of a overall government system or do you mean the system of the of the rehab.
Speaker 4: Center that you work in, like an overall system.
Speaker 5: I like my job, and you know, it is a company, and so they're partially in it for financial reasons, but I do think that I'm sorry, there's a siren going around.
Speaker 4: My apartment right now.
Speaker 5: Hold on a minute. They are a company, but I do think that most of the people that work there have a genuine interest in like sustained in long term recovery and sobriety.
Speaker 1: Mmm, I ask you, so, Okay, So when you think about how when you have these epiphanies like how you're describing them, that the systems in place, uh are meant not to work? I mean, how does that make you feel? Does that because because you could look at you because you look, you could look at that two different ways. You could look at that two different ways. Yeah, you could look at that. You could be like, the systems are broken, they will stay forever broken, life sucks. Fuck it. Or you could feel sort of, you know, inspired, systems are broken, Let's do our best to fect them. You know, you could do you think.
Speaker 5: That you have the power to make a change at that level?
Speaker 1: You know, my, my, you know, I know we have we We're not really talking about anything super specific here, but sort of a general thing. I believe I'm sort of individualistic, and I believe that you, as an individual, are presented every day with opportunities to help out. I mean, no, you're not gonna no, you're not going to solve poverty alone by yourself, but fuck, I mean there's a billion ways that you as an individual can help out on a small scale, and the big scale is just thous and thousands of bricks of the small scale. So I mean, whatever you can do to help out in your own little way.
Speaker 10: And I do believe that.
Speaker 5: I do believe that, you know, making a difference however you can is meaningful. It's just sometimes, you know, it gets overwhelming to think about the sheer, like the scale of problems.
Speaker 9: That people face.
Speaker 1: You know what, I always got to think about this with the Internet is that this might sound harsh, but so our brain there's no our brains were not fucking wired. Oh for every single problem to be our problem.
Speaker 5: I could not agree with you more. I think about this all the time. When I think about the scale of problems that people or face with, I then think about, nobody was ever meant.
Speaker 9: To be like this aware.
Speaker 1: No, because back before Twitter, if there was because just like back before the Internet, you know, and like the eighteen hundreds, if a fire destroyed all of Australia, I mean, we just wouldn't fucking we wouldn't even know exactly, you know, And it's like, yeah, I mean we wouldn't even know. So I mean it's good. It's good that we're aware of these problems. I'm not saying it's a bad thing. But at the end of the day, you can't. You can't. You just physically cannot make every single problem that exists your problem, you know. I mean, pick pick a thing that's important to you one, pick one thing that's very important to you, and you know, double down on that. You know, if you try to solve every single problem going on in the world, or you try to think your way through it. I mean you're gonna go insane.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you're gonna wind up the hospital if you try to do that.
Speaker 1: What's what's something that it's like one thing? What do okay? If you have to do that, if you have to pick your main thing, what is it?
Speaker 5: Oh gosh, see that's hard.
Speaker 9: Hmhmm.
Speaker 5: You know I have I mean I've I've always been had a keen interest in people being in recovery from drugs and alcohol. So I mean that's what I'm doing right now.
Speaker 1: Well, well, golly g you're in a perfect you're in a perfect place, then aren't you working at uh that center.
Speaker 5: That doesn't sometimes doesn't feel perfect, But I'm doing it so well.
Speaker 1: Look, Norah, I'm glad you got a thing that you care about here. Yeah, don't don't try to solve all the world's problems at once. You'll you'll go nuts. You know.
Speaker 5: I'll do my best, you too, Gek take it easy?
Speaker 4: Do you prefer Gek or Lyle?
Speaker 1: Norah? You can call me whatever you want. I like Lyle, I like Ghak. I'll do it all. Do we can do? We can do? What do you like? Do you like Nora or Ghek or Lyle.
Speaker 5: I would love to be called Lyle, to be honest.
Speaker 1: Well, Lyle, there is a pleasure talking to you, Lyle.
Speaker 5: It was a pleasure talking to you. I'm so amazed that this has happened. I'm probably going to think about this for the next three.
Speaker 1: Days, I hope. I hope the thoughts are good.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, all good, all good.
Speaker 1: Thoughts, wonderful. Take care, Nora, thank.
Speaker 5: You, take care, have a good night.
Speaker 1: That's a long one. What's up, Nora? Shout out to Nora. I hope I don't sound too harsh when I say that he's doing a good thing. I do. I believe. Look, I believe in the small victories, because what are the big victories. But just you know, a bunch of small ones. Pick up a fucking piece of trash that you see on the floor. Bam if ever, if, if, if, if we all picked up one piece of trash, it's seven billion pizzas of trash. That's pretty good. That's pretty good. It's not the it won't end trash, but it's pretty good. Alexander, Alexander, Yes, sir, what's up? Man?
Speaker 11: Hey man, how you doing.
Speaker 1: Have we ever spoken before, Alexander?
Speaker 11: We have never spoken before now and I can't believe it got through you. That's what's a trip.
Speaker 1: So are we doing, Alexander, tell me everything?
Speaker 6: I'm good man.
Speaker 11: I got two questions. Actually I don't know which one is more import but I figured out as them both. Uh, my roommate is insane, but she wants to be a therapist, and I think that's a bad idea. I just don't know how to tell her.
Speaker 1: Interesting when you when you would you tell me when you'm sorry?
Speaker 11: Did you say I said, she's a lovely person. I just don't know if she's really in the position to be helping other people exactly.
Speaker 1: When when you say she's insane, do you mean likes like she's been like diagnosed with like a like a mental illness.
Speaker 11: No, she just does crazy things that probably wouldn't be advisable to most. And you know, like I said, awesome person, just a little wacky.
Speaker 1: Well, it's interesting you said that because I've talked. I remember I had a therapist to call in to me one time and I asked them. I was like, is it typical that people with their own, you know, mental issues become uh, mental health care providers? And she told me it is typical. It makes sense because I almost feel like if you've, if you have dealt with the same problems that the people that you're helping are dealing with, it gives you, you know, a greater amount of empathy. Would I mean, do you not agree?
Speaker 11: I think I think that's a good point. But don't you think it might also lead people to make unadvisable decisions too? I mean, you know, I don't know. Maybe that was like the wrong Wader approach, saying she's insane she's Maybe she's not insane, she's just uh, she's got.
Speaker 12: Her own issues.
Speaker 11: And I guess maybe you're working working it out with other people, maybe it's gonna help her too.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Well, here's another thing. Everyone has issues. You know, everyone has issues, whether you're a therapist or or not. That I mean, I I don't like, I don't want to believe it, but even a cert probably has a little bit of imposter syndrome. I don't want the imposter syndrome surgeon, but they but that exists. There's there is a surgeon who when he opens people up, maybe maybe he's confident. Ninety nine percent of the time, no one's confident. One hundred percent of the time, but miss guy's confident nine nine percent of the time, and he goes, I fucking hope this goes well. Everyone has their thing, even if they're a you know, a professional one hundred percent. Not to say it's unprofessional to have, you know, problems, but okay, so have you so this, I mean, this is a concern of yours. It sounds like have you spoken, like, have you had a conversation with her about this?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: How did that go?
Speaker 11: I'm just a little afraid she's wasting her time, that's all. It's not that I don't think that she's maybe even suited to do it. It's just that I just don't think she I think she has better strengths in other areas and you know, would probably be better off honestly being like an artist or an actor, you know, which is sort of what she's tried. But I think she just needs to keep doing I don't know. I mean, I thought you'd probably be the best person to think this is what you actually do?
Speaker 1: Do you? I'm not a do you. I'm not a real therapist.
Speaker 6: I don't know if you know that, but you are a get go.
Speaker 1: I am a gecko. But she didn't say she wanted to be a gecko. She said she wanted to be a therapist.
Speaker 11: That's true, Toche.
Speaker 5: Okay, maybe in.
Speaker 1: Fact, actually being insane might help her be a gecko.
Speaker 11: That's that's also true. Okay, Well ask you a questions about myself instead.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me let me let me say this though, by the way, I think it's funny that, you know, traditionally people and I don't know how hard it is to become a therapist, but it's funny that you want to steer her away from being a therapist into being like an actor or an artist, which are tradisally thought of as much hard to get into.
Speaker 11: The thing is she's really suited for that. She's actually really good at those things. I think she just doesn't have quite the self confidence she needs to maybe take it to where she needs to fully go. But I see it, and I believe it. I just think it might be a more appropriate thing ultimately for her.
Speaker 1: Well, just to just to sort of wrap that thing up is in my opinion, I think that you know, if you you know, look, by the way, people in chat are probably gonna hate on you. I'm not I'm not looking at Chat. I mean, if there's no chat, this is all pre recorded. But I'm positive people in Chat are gonna meme on you right now. And here's what I'll say, is that because you know, I think I can tell that you care about your friend, I do, and if you do, you should support her in whatever it is she wants to do. That's more important. That's more important, I think than trying to steer her to the right thing, is to support her in whatever thing she chooses. That that I think is a better use of your friendship energy than to steer the ship. Put a coal in the fire, but don't don't be steering the boat. Okay, Well, listen, man, thank you so much for calling in. You have the rest of the night.
Speaker 11: Appreciate you.
Speaker 1: GETO you two men. I know Chat's gonna meme on that guy, Tom. Tom. Yeah, how are you Tom?
Speaker 6: I'm doing well?
Speaker 1: Tom? Are you like, are you British or something?
Speaker 6: I'm Australian.
Speaker 1: Are you calling from Australia or did you move from Australia to beautiful where in America.
Speaker 6: The home of the Brave.
Speaker 1: Let me ask you something, do you do you really mean that? Do you feel as though people in America are more brave than they are in Australia.
Speaker 6: I would say so. I wouldn't say that the guns make them, but I would say that they're more free.
Speaker 1: You are you a brave person? Do you feel like you're brave?
Speaker 6: I feel like I'm more brave since I've been in America.
Speaker 1: Really, And how do you think that even happens? Why do you think you're more brave since you've been in America?
Speaker 6: I know, I think it's a culture thing. I think Australians a little weak minded.
Speaker 1: Interesting, they're weak minded. Do you feel as though what do you think it is about Australians that makes them weak minded?
Speaker 6: I think we have no guns?
Speaker 1: Is that is that it? You just want a gun?
Speaker 6: I don't think that's it?
Speaker 1: Are you and beyond? Do you just like not? Are you just sort of feel put on the spot by these questions and not necessarily know how to answer them?
Speaker 6: Not really, because I haven't thought of it like that. You're asking me questions that I have to think about because I haven't been asked that question before.
Speaker 1: And do you enjoy the challenge of having to answer these questions or do you feel burdened?
Speaker 6: I feel like it's a it's a brain stimulator. It's like asking why rather than the how.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, good good? Interesting. So tell me when did you move to America?
Speaker 6: Moved to America four years ago to go to school, to go to university.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and what do you currently study at university?
Speaker 6: Studying? Teaching?
Speaker 1: Studying? Teaching? Do you I like asking these questions now to teachers? Do you feel like you know things?
Speaker 6: No? I feel like teachers no more than students. But it gets to a point where where the student becomes a teacher.
Speaker 1: Now, how do you what are you supposed to teach? If you don't know anything?
Speaker 6: Well, I wouldn't say you don't know anything, but you might know a little more than someone else on a certain subject where you definitely definitely don't know at all.
Speaker 1: Do you have any subjects in which you feel like you know more than the average person?
Speaker 6: Oh, I mean I would say so, like what I would say, classes that I took, things I learned about like talking to people. Communications.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you feel like you know more about communication than the average person.
Speaker 6: I think I might know more than those people aren't teaching, because that's my goal is to teach them.
Speaker 1: Do you don't do I teach?
Speaker 6: Yeah, do you teach? Do you teach lessons?
Speaker 1: No? I'm stupid, gabble by, But what did you say? You know, it's interesting you said that like all you have to know, all you have to do is no more than the person you're teaching, which in theory is true, Like theoretically a fourth grader would be a fantastic third grade teacher, but it doesn't work like that.
Speaker 6: Why not.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Well, I guess because you have to know how to teach. But I always feel like, like, if you're trying to learn something, you want to be taught it not by like the master, because the master thinks about the thing in two complex of a way two that for you to understand. But if you take advice or or lessons from someone who's like one step ahead of you, like they they they can pull you up to that.
Speaker 6: One step right right, But if they're trying to pull you up ten steps, it's a little bit of a bridge, a little bit of a gap.
Speaker 1: The arms aren't that long, right, right.
Speaker 6: I see, we get that. So I think that a fourth grade teacher would be a perfect grade teacher.
Speaker 1: M Let me add, so are you so you. You know you're in university, you're going to be a teacher. Do you feel like kids are gonna like rip on you for your Australian accent?
Speaker 6: Oh, it's happened many a time.
Speaker 1: I think I think people are gonna like think you're very cool because of it.
Speaker 6: They do, but they always ask, you know, sometimes they don't understand what I'm saying. Let kind of cuss a little bit too much.
Speaker 1: You cuss too much?
Speaker 6: Yeah, in Australia. Good see the sea word is a compliment in Australia.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's like if I was to call someone a count, it's like they're my friend. But if I was to, you know, call them mate, it's kind of like I'm being a little aggressive towards them.
Speaker 1: Would you consider me your cunt?
Speaker 6: Yeah, i'd say you're a pretty good cunt.
Speaker 1: I think you're a good cunt too.
Speaker 6: That's that's perfect, that's perfect.
Speaker 1: What did you say? Your name was?
Speaker 6: Tom?
Speaker 1: There's a pleasure talking to you, Tom. You have good rest of.
Speaker 6: The night, you too, Brother.
Speaker 4: Paul from Emma Emma call into the show, call into the show.
Speaker 3: No way, that's crazy.
Speaker 1: Sorry, why are you sorry?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: No, my dad was just walking in.
Speaker 10: At the same time, I was answering the call.
Speaker 4: I was talking to him.
Speaker 1: Can't talk to him?
Speaker 4: You want to talk to my dad? Yeah, this guy, I'm on the phone list.
Speaker 10: I'm talking to your dad.
Speaker 4: He didn't want to talk to you.
Speaker 5: I'm sorry.
Speaker 10: The therapy ghet go, I'm sorry to drag you into this.
Speaker 1: Well, you' sorry'd be sorry.
Speaker 10: Because he's confused.
Speaker 4: He has no idea what's going on here.
Speaker 1: But confusion is not necessarily always a bad thing. It's not something that, you know, I think you would need to apologize for, unless if he actively doesn't like confusion, and he's made that clear, and you're bringing him into something that you know he actively doesn't like.
Speaker 14: Ohm that true?
Speaker 1: Let me talk to your dad. Heillo, Hey, how's it going? Man?
Speaker 13: Okay?
Speaker 1: Okay? I like you know what okay is. You know what I like about you saying okay when I said hello, is that it's an acceptance. It's a cautious acceptance, and it's keying me into how you feel about being in this situation. More than you just saying hello. You said okay. You let me into how you're feeling. And I feel like I'm a little bit closer to you, after you've displayed that level of vulnerability with me. I like that. I feel like we're in a good place now. We've laid ourselves out a good foundation to have a conversation.
Speaker 13: Why am I talking to you?
Speaker 1: What do you mean by why are you talking to me?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 11: The guy from.
Speaker 1: I know, but that's such an interesting I know, but that's such an interesting question that you just posed. Why are you talking to me?
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, that's the question. Why why am I talking to you? I don't know why my talks talk to your.
Speaker 1: Right, But like I mean, couldn't you I mean, theoretically you could kind of say that about like you know, a lot of you know, you could ask why endlessly? Like you know, I mean, who who's let me ask you some what's your name?
Speaker 6: Mike?
Speaker 1: Mike? Mike? You just got home? Right?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 1: From where?
Speaker 13: From Missouri?
Speaker 1: From Missouri? Did you talk to anyone in Missouri today? Yeah?
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, I've talked to several people in Missouri today.
Speaker 1: So every single let me, okay, Mike, listen, every single person you talk to in Missouri. You might not remember every single person you talked to, but do you think that you could give a reason as to, like a definitive reason as to why you talk talked to every single one of those people.
Speaker 13: Uh yeah, well I was buying some insecticide at the hardware start and you know, six ninety five, and I said, thank you.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you talked to them because you needed something from them.
Speaker 13: Yeah, I suppose I didn't really even need to speak to him. I just you know, thanks.
Speaker 1: Do you remember the last person that you talked to for a reason other than you you they worked at a store and you needed something from them?
Speaker 13: Uh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, who was that?
Speaker 13: I talked to my son because I wanted to talk to him.
Speaker 1: Okay, So you talked to something because you wanted to talk to him.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Why why did you want to talk to your son.
Speaker 13: Because I like talking to him?
Speaker 1: Okay, because to talk to your son?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you do you have friends?
Speaker 13: Yes?
Speaker 1: I have friends, okay, and you talk to them because they bring you joy to talk to.
Speaker 13: Normally.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, So you have like co workers and bosses and stuff, and I assume you talk to them because you need to to perform your job to make money.
Speaker 13: Well, yeah, so.
Speaker 1: This is I feel like we're I mean this Mike, I feel like we're in a very interesting situation right now, where, like you know, you have all these people in your life that you have a reason as to why you're talking to them, But here you are with me and you don't know why you're talking to me. Isn't that kind of an interesting territory to be in. I'm the only person. I might be the only person in the life at all.
Speaker 13: I was handed at the phone. This guy wants doctor.
Speaker 1: No I might. I know it's extrame why I know, But that's the I might be the only person in your entire life that you are talking to that you don't have a reason to talk to. Isn't that kind of interesting?
Speaker 13: Your daughter a reason to talk to you?
Speaker 3: Hold on, Mike, Hi, Nope, it's Emma the daughter.
Speaker 14: Hello, Hello, I'm here.
Speaker 3: Can I hear you now?
Speaker 1: I'm here.
Speaker 3: I'm here, Okay, Hi, Jesus, I'm here. I just wanted to tell you about my little music boxes.
Speaker 10: That's all I wanted.
Speaker 1: I'm so disappointed, Mike. We could have, you know, I don't you know. I don't need Mike to have had a beautiful moment with him. I don't need his I don't need him to have had that moment. I had that moment alone, you know, and Mike, Mike missed out on an opportunity to have that beautiful moment with me, And you know that's his loss. That's his loss.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he has his reasons, and for the benefit of Mike, I think he should open his heart a little bit more to you know. I mean, we had no reason to talk to each other.
Speaker 4: No, none, none at all.
Speaker 1: Why would you not? Why would you not want in your life? When you ever when you talk to is like, what, guys, I'm talking to you because I'm doing a Twitch show? Did I do? Is my life? Work stuff? So I have a reason to talk to you. And I guess I had a reason to talk to Mike as well, because I thought it would be interesting for the stream that I'm doing. But Mike had no reason at all to talk to me, and I thought that that was interesting.
Speaker 3: Maybe maybe the opposite.
Speaker 1: But you yeah, but no, nobody, no, Ema, No one understands. I'm looking at the chat. Everyone's like, no, it's not interesting. I'm alone here. But I don't care. I don't care if no one agrees with me. Emma. I think it's a little interesting that Mike has no reason to talk to me.
Speaker 3: Okay, sure I agree with you now, definitely.
Speaker 1: No, you don't. I actually agree with I would rather you disagree with me than fake agree with me.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, I really I don't know. This wasn't the point of the call, and now I'm nervous.
Speaker 1: What do you mean? What do you Everyone SUPs? Everyone saw sessed with points. Everyone's so obsessed with reasons, Emma, just when you're on the phone with a gecko, all reason and points have been thrown in the garbage. Am I the only sane person left on the earth?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 14: Maybe?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Thank you for letting me talk to your father, Emma.
Speaker 4: Thanks you welcome.
Speaker 14: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know either, But that's I like that. I don't that now that you don't have to know everything.
Speaker 9: Okay, yeah, it's fine.
Speaker 4: You don't need to know my music boxes.
Speaker 14: It's fine, Emma.
Speaker 1: Dear Emma, thank you so much for calling. I'll talk to you again soon.
Speaker 3: All right, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Emma. Had such a good opportunity. Yes, and me, Emma could have gone. You know, look, points, I hate points. Drop all your points, drop all your expectations. Drop all your preconceived notions, go along with what's happening in the moment. Emma all from Hello.
Speaker 9: Hi, oh one second, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 1: What's your name? Laura? Dlaura? Okay, Dallaura. Nobody could hear this part except for me because I had you playing through the wrong output. But there was a completely different person who called in on your behalf.
Speaker 9: Yeah, sorry, that was my partner. This is my second time trying to like, this is my second time listening to Gecko, and he had gone on last week, so he helped me get on this week.
Speaker 1: Because he knew because he had successfully gotten on the line the previous week, he knew that the secret tools and tricks of the of the trade to help you achieve in his footsteps.
Speaker 9: I think we just got lucky.
Speaker 1: Interesting. But his name it was the Damascus.
Speaker 9: My name, Oh no, Dalaura, but Damascus Damascus would be cool, would be cool.
Speaker 1: I've always liked the name Dante.
Speaker 9: Yeah, me too, not in the name Dante is kind of cool. I think I think Virgil is a good name too.
Speaker 1: How did you and your partner meet?
Speaker 9: We met through a Dungeons and Dragons game mutual part A little bit of both. I guess we met through a mutual friend and it was long distance for a while, and then we just moved in together last.
Speaker 1: Year to a to a good place, to a dungeon with a dragon. Uh.
Speaker 9: Well, he played dungeons and dragons all the time. I don't play it so much anymore, but like I mean, East Coast, there's always dungeons around here.
Speaker 1: How much did your house cost?
Speaker 9: Well, we're living in an apartment right now, so it costs about like thirteen hundred a month for a two bedroom, two baths.
Speaker 1: Thirteen hundred a month. That's pretty good between you know, two people.
Speaker 9: Yeah, yeah, it Sully is. Yeah, we're both fully employed school. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's the strangest thing you own.
Speaker 9: Currently? There are a few things that we own. Well, I own like a little jar of teeth I got from an oddity shop, like human molars.
Speaker 1: Okay, a little thing of teeth that you got from an oddity shop. And what was it when you saw these teeth? What about them? Spoke to you?
Speaker 9: Honestly? I had just I took the vial and like clinked it together, and I don't know, I just like a sound that And I used to be like I used to study for registered dental assisting.
Speaker 1: Do you now how would you feel if and how old are the teeth that you that you purchased.
Speaker 9: I'm not sure they look like they could be of this century.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that the person whose teeth they are consented to having their teeth owned by a lady one day in her house and her two better apartments.
Speaker 9: I don't know about that because as the because I do know this from from being an intern at a general practice, Like I've done extractions before, like I've assisted on them. After the extraction is done, the patient has the opportunity to take the tooth with them if they want to. But like sometimes, like the office that I worked at, specifically collected teeth in order to give them back to like surrounding universities and stuff so that students could work on them.
Speaker 1: Or you could get your teeth pulled out and then take your tooth and sell it to like a weird person who likes to collect strange teeth things for a lot of money. You could set up your own army, or you could sell it to one another. How did it get into the to the to the possession of the oddity.
Speaker 9: Shop that's a good question. That audity shop is out in Pennsylvania. They had a lot of other stuff like actual like human skulls and taxidermy and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Listen before we go, Dante, how would you feel? This is what I've been dying to ask you this entire conversation, but I keep getting in distracted. How would you feel if one day your teeth were in the possession of a stranger who was like centuries older than you.
Speaker 9: If there were, okay a century older than me, in what way are they a vampire? Or it's just been said?
Speaker 1: And imagine the teeth that you possess being possessed by a lady who just looks exactly like you. After you're dead, Well.
Speaker 9: Well I hope that they take care of them at least, so I mean, if I'm dead, I guess it doesn't really matter, like by centuries by now, like my brain is turned into mush and then I've completely slept off in this mortal coil, so they can keep my teeth.
Speaker 1: If I'm dead, then it doesn't really matter. Very wise worse to leave us with. Thank you very much, Daisy, you have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 11: Thank you.
Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle here with an extremely brief message, just letting you know that if you are interested in supporting the stream and making it easier for me to do more therapy Gecko stuff in the future, you can head on over to patreon dot com slash lyle forever, and for only five dollars you can make it a heck of a lot easier for me to put this whole shebang together. That is Patreon dot com slash Lyle forever. You also get access to exclusive streams, exclusive GAK content. You also get access to the exclusive gek Legends discord Patreon dot com slash Lyle forever. All right, back to the calls.
Speaker 6: Kyle, Kyle, Hello.
Speaker 12: Hey, hey, Hey, how's it going?
Speaker 1: How's it going? I mean, what does that even mean?
Speaker 13: You know?
Speaker 12: Well, I mean I did previously hear you answer, and I forgot about it. So that's that's the reason I asked.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not asking the reason for you asking the question. I'm asking what you believe the question means, how is it going? No, I feel like I know the reason for your asking of the question. I feel like you asked the question and a good faith effort to you know, sort of get the ball rolling on a conversation, which I appreciate. But I'm merely asking what you believe. The question itself means.
Speaker 12: I'm not that intellectual, so I necessary I can't really stay why.
Speaker 1: I don't think you have. It's just you don't have to be an intellectual. I'm asking your own personal opinion. You don't have to be an intellectual to tell me what you think. You know?
Speaker 12: This is extremely hard for me. What I'm never in this nowhere I'm being asked.
Speaker 1: What? Yeah, I don't know, You're not you never can you? Can you finish that sentence? You're never in a situation where you're being asked where.
Speaker 12: I'm being asked, what do you think? How do you how? How are you means?
Speaker 1: M hm?
Speaker 14: Yep?
Speaker 1: Do people not often ask you for your thoughts?
Speaker 11: Well?
Speaker 13: No, that's that's not true.
Speaker 1: You've just never been in a situation in which someone has asked you what you think? The question how are you means.
Speaker 11: Yes or no?
Speaker 1: How's it going? I like that, you like what the question of how it's going? How's it going?
Speaker 14: Yep?
Speaker 12: Yep, that's way better.
Speaker 1: What do you think it means?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 12: Because I mean it's it's truly good or bad?
Speaker 1: Would you feel more comfortable if you were in a position in which you were asking questions that you have previously been asked before? Because you say that you're feeling uncomfortable because I'm asking you a question that you've never been asked before, or you've never been in a situation which you've been asked that question. But then what good is this conversation going to be if I only ask you questions that you're that you've been asked before.
Speaker 12: Well, let's let's get it going.
Speaker 13: Give me one that I've never heard.
Speaker 1: What do you think? How's it going mean?
Speaker 12: Okay, well, it means how is it going? Is it going well? Or is it going bad?
Speaker 1: What does it referred to.
Speaker 5: Life?
Speaker 12: In my situation?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so that's that was your answer? Is it means how is your life going?
Speaker 7: It?
Speaker 12: I mean it could be it could be how's your day going? I guess I could have phrased it better.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, no, it's no, No, it's there's you didn't do anything wrong. You're interpreting. Don't interpret me asking you what you think this question means? As I am unsatisfied with the question, it's not. I'm not judging the question as bad or good. I'm merely asking you what you think the question means. I'm not saying that you did anything. You know, don't I would. I hate that you're being like, oh, I could have done something better, so you didn't do anything wrong. I'm just asking you what you thought the question meant.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I really don't know.
Speaker 1: You don't know, but I think you do. You know, were you were there just now, you were saying like it could be what your now your day is going. You were articulating your thoughts on it, so you do know.
Speaker 12: Yep, yeah, I guess I do understand.
Speaker 1: Okay, So what you think it means?
Speaker 12: Just how it is? Just how's it going today?
Speaker 1: What's the strangest thing? You know?
Speaker 12: The strangest thing I own? I was thinking about this, and I mean honestly, the strangest thing I own is a an all black rubikscube. I really can't think of much.
Speaker 1: In all black rubic scube.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's very easy to solve, also very hard to solve.
Speaker 1: Very easy to solve, also very hard. Is it different shades of black?
Speaker 12: Nope, it's just black.
Speaker 1: See you say you're not an intellectual. But this is an interesting philosophical question here. I feel like is an all blacks rub an is a Rubic's cube that is all one color, easy to solve or hard to solve.
Speaker 13: It's both.
Speaker 12: As what I'm saying, it could take you hours to solve. It could take you sixteen seconds.
Speaker 1: I don't even think it would take you sixteen seconds. See, you're you, see you think I'm mind fucking you, but you're mind sucking me right now with this, with this query, I'm.
Speaker 12: Telling you it has legitimately taken me five minutes to solve it one time. And I've and I've done it before, That's what I'm saying. Like you haven't. You haven't done it before. It could take you two and a half hours to do.
Speaker 1: Okay, So how do you do? You understand what you're posing to me right now?
Speaker 12: I do. That's why I brought it up.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 12: That is the strangest thing I'd ever heard of.
Speaker 1: It's an all black Rubies cube.
Speaker 13: Pitch black, pitch black, yep.
Speaker 1: And how are you?
Speaker 8: How do you?
Speaker 1: How do you solve it?
Speaker 12: It's taken me a long time. I've owned it for three years. I've had other people mix it up. I've mixed it up. I have seen other people solve it. I've also solved it. It's just uh, I mean, at this point it's a muscle memory.
Speaker 1: But this has taken such a turn. This has taken such a turn because you just started off you thinking that I'm mind fucking you by asking you what you think how's it going is? And now you're mind fucking me supremely with this Rubik's cube. But I don't know if you are intentionally trying to mind fuck me or if you have just mind fucked me naturally.
Speaker 12: I mean, you're you're almost mind sucking me again.
Speaker 1: How am I mind fucking you?
Speaker 12: You really just put me in a loop here?
Speaker 1: Chat? Can anyone explain what's going on here?
Speaker 12: This guy says I'm doing a bit. That's no I'm.
Speaker 13: Telling you, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're a bit. I don't think you're doing a bit, all right? You know part of me here, I'm gonna I'm gonna give you some honest truth here. As I believe what's your.
Speaker 12: Name again, my name is Kyle.
Speaker 1: I believe that I could dive deeper into this pitch black Rubb's cube and find something that gives some sort of an explanation for it. But I've been reluctant to do that because I think it's funnier to not have any information about it. But I'm at a point where I think the only way forward in this conversation is to pry deeper into this black ruby scube.
Speaker 6: Yeah, how so how do you.
Speaker 1: Solve a Rubik's cube that's all one color?
Speaker 12: It's not much different than a standard rubikscube. Out of it is completely solved. Yes, So you do a couple, you know, you a bunch of rotations. You get it going left, right, up down one side, you move it, the other side, you move it, and then it's completely you know, mixed up. From there, there is a sequence of what you can do to once again put it back into the state it came in.
Speaker 1: And I think, Okay, So the solved state of the Rubics cube, the state of the rublescube that is defined as it being solved, is whatever state it was in when it came in the box.
Speaker 13: Yep.
Speaker 1: And so do you have record of what the state of the Rubics cube was when it was in the box.
Speaker 12: No, it's all my feel.
Speaker 1: I just know so you could you just know you just feel.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Interesting, that sounds extremely hard.
Speaker 12: You're telling me, man, it's it's one color.
Speaker 1: I know it's one color.
Speaker 12: I don't think you get it. It's black.
Speaker 1: No, I get it, all black, yes.
Speaker 12: Every side, every square?
Speaker 14: Mind?
Speaker 1: Fuck? What did you say? Name was Kyle?
Speaker 14: My name?
Speaker 12: My name is Kyl Yas.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling Kyle, Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Last, of course, Paul from Nichole Nichel.
Speaker 1: Hello, what's that Nichole? Hi?
Speaker 15: How's that going?
Speaker 1: How's it going? It's going good. I'm feeling I'm feeling a better. I'm feeling a little bit more energetic right now. I feel like I caught a little bit of a second wind. I'm looking around. It's uh, you know, it's a classic Monday night at the stage in in my life in which I am a gecko on the computer.
Speaker 15: And hey, that's good stuff. You got people watching.
Speaker 1: So there are people watching and listening and calling in and you are one of them, Nicole, And what's up?
Speaker 14: Tell me?
Speaker 15: I've been watching you past like hour and a half. So it's good to finally talk to you.
Speaker 1: Good to fine talk to Is this the first time watching the stream?
Speaker 15: No, I've actually watched a couple of times, but this is my first time trying to call in.
Speaker 1: So, mhm, is there anything like in particular, Nicole, that you wanted to talk about here?
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 15: I guess nothing in particular. I just thought it'd be pretty cool to kind of talk to you and I don't know, just kind of see what's racking your brain? What's racking mind?
Speaker 1: Well, what do you think is racking your brain?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 8: You know what?
Speaker 15: I have so many people listening to me right now?
Speaker 1: Are you referring to are you referring to the people watching the stream? Yeah?
Speaker 15: You know, it's it's definitely interesting to I don't know, I guess just say something and know that people are listening.
Speaker 1: I've i've actually ever since. I've actually pretty quickly into doing this. I got used to, uh forgetting that everyone was there. I never think about the fact that everyone, like what, I don't think about the fact that my words are being broadcasted to other people. Right now, I feel sort of alone, because if I thought too heavily about that, I think I would have to second guess every single thing that I said, and that would be no fun.
Speaker 15: Oh definitely, Hey, that definitely makes sense.
Speaker 1: What's the strangest thing you own?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 15: So I actually collect animal bones. M I say that that's pretty strange to some people.
Speaker 1: Is there an animal bone in particular that is the crowning jewel of your collection?
Speaker 15: Yeah? Actually I have the red cage of a hawk. I also have the skull too, So that's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: You have the ripe cage of a hawk.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I feel like the page of a hawk is like an ingredient to make a potion of some kind, you know, like feather of a extinct bird, the reap cage of a hawk, the tear of a Child's something like that.
Speaker 15: I would, I would say so, But for me, I just kind of have it up in my room and I look at it every day and I'm like, that's that's pretty neat. And that's there.
Speaker 1: What got you into collecting animal bones?
Speaker 15: That'll probably my grandma. So I live in Arizona, and so we've got a lot of desert around here. It's not much to do in Arizona but go on hikes.
Speaker 1: So have you personally killed any of the animals whose bones you own?
Speaker 14: Oh?
Speaker 15: My god, No, no, no, I just find them and I don't know my grandma kind of taught me like, it's kind of just a way of respecting them after death. I mean, I guess leaving them there would also be respecting them.
Speaker 1: But interesting, how Yes, Because as I was, I'm curious, how is collecting them supposed to be respectful?
Speaker 15: I guess the way that she was trying to get at it, and the way that I try to explain myself so that I don't sound super weird, is it's just kind of a way of honoring something that used to be alive, you know, just having it up, walking past it like, hey, that's you know, you're still cool, You're still loved.
Speaker 1: See this is interesting. This harkens me back to the all I think it was the very first call of the evening, but the woman who owned a set of teeths in a jar. I don't know if you were around for that.
Speaker 15: But I think I caught like the ending of that.
Speaker 1: See, I'm wondering, is that a sign you do? You do you think that's a sign of respect? Like if someone Okay, so I'll ask you a similar question that I asked her. If someone found your bones, yes, and decided to hang them up on their mantle, would you be honored by uh.
Speaker 15: I would love it, Okay, I would think that's really cool.
Speaker 8: But that's just me.
Speaker 15: I don't know. I think it'd be a lot cooler than just being forgotten.
Speaker 1: You know, that's probably a thing you could probably uh like in your will, specify that you'd like a couple of your bones given to people. You could probably give. I wonder if anyone's ever done this. You could make like some sort of anatomical will that like, oh, you give how many bones are there in the human body? A lot? I feel like you would know the exact number.
Speaker 15: I think it's around Honestly, I don't know. I should know that two hundred probably like around how many.
Speaker 1: Bones are in the human body? Two hundred and eight I'm seeing, I'm seeing all.
Speaker 15: Okay, there you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, so two o eight? Do you have two hundred and eight friends? Because you could keep each of your friends a bone.
Speaker 15: Unfortunately I don't have that many friends, but I think I think I could divide it equally.
Speaker 1: Upon all of them and have one of your bones.
Speaker 15: Oh totally, yeah, already, will.
Speaker 1: Which which which bone could I have? Could I have a like a I could I have a collar bone?
Speaker 15: You could have a collar bone. I'm probably one of my knees.
Speaker 1: No, I don't need a whole knee. You can give I don't. I don't know one bone. The the other bones you can give to someone else. But I'll take a collar bone.
Speaker 15: Oh you just okay, just like a collarbone or something.
Speaker 1: Do you have a Okay, So if you're gonna give me your collarbone, is there a place in particular that you would like me to put it.
Speaker 15: I've always pictured my bones above like a fireplace or something right in the center. But it have to it has to be one of like those old red brick fireplaces.
Speaker 1: Okay, what if I am not in possession of a red brick fireplace.
Speaker 15: Yeah, that's you know what. That's fine. That's just kind of like my my dream. I don't want to be asking too much. And if you have a night stand, I mean I have some bones on my night stand.
Speaker 1: Okay, I could put it.
Speaker 15: I think it's a pretty good spot.
Speaker 1: Okay, great, well i'll how old are you? I'm twenty twenty, all right, I see it a while until you're dead. Probably.
Speaker 15: Oh you don't know that.
Speaker 1: We don't know, it's true. We don't know, do you feel like this has giving you a lot of respective on death.
Speaker 15: I think about death a lot.
Speaker 10: So you could outlive me.
Speaker 1: I could outlive you. This is true. Do you think how would you would you be upset if I sold your collar bone? Like if you became famous. Let's say, let's say, how would you feel if you okay, if you became famous, right, and then you died And when you died, I like went to your estate and I showed them this uh footage, and I was like, I have legal I don't know if this would hold up in court, but let's say it did. And I was like, I have legal what's your name again, Angel, Nicole? Nicole? If I had legal and I and I said, I have legal claim to Nicole, to the famous singer songwriter Nicole her to her collarbone. And then I took your collar bone and I sold it on eBay for profit. How would you feel it? Would that upset you if I sold your collarbone?
Speaker 15: I think I would be a little bit hurt, But at the same time I would have to respect it. I mean, you're you're making a profit off of it, and you know, I think I think possessions are They're just what you make out of them. I guess it really depends on how much you, as a person have that importance held to that certain object.
Speaker 1: Well, Nicole, thank you so much for this great offer. If if you know I have I do happen to come into possession of her collar bone. I promised to take good care of it and you know, preserve it for many years and hopefully pass it on to my children as well.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I can.
Speaker 15: I can see if someone can mail it out to you or something. Just kind of find some way to get that collarbone out to you. I happen to die, awesome.
Speaker 1: Well, look, I hope it doesn't happen for a very long time. We'll see, we'll see. Have a good night, Nicole, Hey you too.
Speaker 4: Thanks Paul from Chuck.
Speaker 1: Chuck. Hi, holy shit, I got in you did. What's up? Tell me everything? Tell me nothing?
Speaker 9: So what's going on tonight?
Speaker 7: Anything?
Speaker 1: No, tonight's pretty chill tonight. Uh well, I mean, as you know, this is a pre recorded stream, so I'm not live right now, but I will be live in a few weeks. Chuck, is that your real name?
Speaker 7: No, it's a name I used on social media.
Speaker 11: I don't really like my real name.
Speaker 1: Why do you pick Chuck.
Speaker 7: There's a character on an old MTV show called Daria, and he was kind of like the gross nerd character that thought he was hot shit, and I really related to that.
Speaker 1: Do you consider yourself a gross nerd that thinks that they're hot shit?
Speaker 11: Absolutely?
Speaker 14: Yes.
Speaker 1: You know, it's so interesting to self identify as a person who is gross that thinks that they're hot, because there's a contradiction there, because if you truly did think that you were hot, you would not self identify first as a gross person that thinks they're hot. You would just cut straight to self identifying as a hot person. So there is a bit of a fallacy there.
Speaker 7: I have a very fake it till you make it kind of mindset.
Speaker 1: I highly endorse the fake it till you make it mindset. Do you believe that you will at some point make it?
Speaker 7: I do eventually.
Speaker 1: What is making it look like to you?
Speaker 7: I think being okay with everything that I am is making it to me.
Speaker 1: I think that's a good goal. I liked that. Cool. Uh okay, Well what are you.
Speaker 7: I think right now? I'm sad?
Speaker 1: What are you said about?
Speaker 7: I had a guy break up with me seven months ago and then he decided he wanted to hang around for a long time, and every time I told him to leave me alone, he wouldn't do it. And today he sent me a text saying, Oh, I just can't do this anymore. So, you know, had to end on his term. It's not mine.
Speaker 1: Wait a minute, but have you he broke up a wait? Hold on, this is making sense to me. He broke up with you seven months ago.
Speaker 14: Uh huh.
Speaker 1: And then when you say he hung around, like, do you guys fucking live together? What do you mean he hung around?
Speaker 7: We lived together? So he was in the apartment for about a month and then he left. Oh shit, and then he just I Every time I'd be like, you need to stop texting me, you need to leave me alone, you need to get your stuff and go get everything out of the apartment, he just wouldn't do it. And I'm I'm kind of a a welcome Matt, So I never really made him. I guess.
Speaker 1: That's crazy. Do you guys? Was it a one bedroom? What? What was the was it one best? Was we sleeping together?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I was on the couch, You were on the couch.
Speaker 10: I was on the couch.
Speaker 1: Now, okay, was that Damn how did that go down? How? How was that decided? Who gets the couch and who gets the bed?
Speaker 14: Uh?
Speaker 7: It was kind of a thing where like it was his bed to begin with, Like he brought it from his house.
Speaker 11: To the apartment.
Speaker 7: I don't want to I don't want to sleep on that.
Speaker 1: You know. So you were just sort of co living with this guy that you broke up with for seven months.
Speaker 7: No, only a couple of months. He left after about two.
Speaker 1: Months, okay, but for a couple of months. I mean, how what did that feel like? Was that? I assume pretty awkward?
Speaker 11: Uh?
Speaker 7: Honestly, No, it was fine, Like we were, we were best friends. He just has a lot of hang ups and it kind of ruins its.
Speaker 1: Okay, so when you say your best do you do you still consider yourself best friends?
Speaker 15: Uh?
Speaker 7: Up until today? Yeah, Like I could have told him anything.
Speaker 1: Ever, what was it about today? Because that's you know, a single day is a lot to chop down that tree.
Speaker 7: You know, there was there were times where he would openly admit, like, I know I shouldn't be talking to you like we're over. I don't I don't desire a relationship with you anymore. I know, I need to get over you. But today the text was just different. Plus it was over text. He's never he's not like a he's a very in person kind of person. And so knowing that he didn't even want to come see me to say, it was like, damn you really you're not going to come around anymore.
Speaker 1: M From his perspective, why do you think he couldn't see you anymore? What was his like reason for breaking up with you?
Speaker 7: I'm curious he has a girlfriend though, Yeah, he has a girlfriend, and she left for boot camp or something, and I kept telling him, you need to stop coming around, you need to get your stuff and leave because it's going to ruin your relationship. He didn't believe me. And now she has kicked him out of their apartment. So now he's finally being like, yeah, I'm gonna get my stuff and stop talking to you.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, it sounds like you're doing your best as you should to be setting boundaries with this guy.
Speaker 7: I am, and like I've blocked him on everything. He's been blocked for a long time. He just shows up to the apartment.
Speaker 1: Are you dating anyone? Are you to have a new squeeze?
Speaker 9: Ah?
Speaker 7: Funny enough, when of his friends started talking to me because they weren't really friends anymore. And then it's still kind of happening. But he got real pissy about that.
Speaker 1: What of his friends? Mm hmm. So did he like as you is? He like? What? How did he? Okay? So, how did his friend break up with him? As like friends?
Speaker 7: So they were friends like in high school and we've been at high school for about three years now, and they just like like they stopped talking. They both got busy with stuff and stopped talking to each other. But they both did that thing where they're like, I don't know why he's not talking to me.
Speaker 11: He just hates me.
Speaker 7: Now, I guess like they didn't. They just didn't want to talk about it so that they never never tried and then they just stopped being friends because they thought the other one hated them.
Speaker 9: M m hmmm.
Speaker 1: A very small town, so I can assume. Uh, so, oh, okay, when you when your boyfriend got so your boy got pussy about this you were dating his old friends. M h What did he say?
Speaker 7: He said something like, when we broke up, you told me you were going to talk to my friends. I was like, yeah, I also still loved you. When we broke up, so like, of course I was gonna say anything to make you still want to be around me. But also, well, that's kind of that's such a childish thing to say, like, oh, you're not going to talk to my friends. Your friends aren't off limits simply because they were your friends, you know.
Speaker 1: I I I think I agree with that. I've never liked this idea of people like having trying to have like ownership over people. I mean not, I mean, you know, you never have ownership with people, even if you're in a relationship with them, but you know, especially like after you break up with them, like these sort of last stitch efforts of like, oh you can't date my friends, you can't do this, you can't do that. It's like, don't tell me what I fucking can and can't do. You don't know a person I could talk to whever.
Speaker 7: I want to talk to, right, And let's be fair here, just when started talking to me, I didn't initiate the contact. So I think if if that any beef, it should be with your friend and not me.
Speaker 1: Well that's some would you say you name was Kayla?
Speaker 7: Well, well that's my real name.
Speaker 11: I thought it was Chuck.
Speaker 7: What my name is, Kayla?
Speaker 1: Beautiful Kayla. Thank you so much for calling and appreciate you. Sharon.
Speaker 7: All right, thank you, thank you for listening.
Speaker 1: Of course, have a good night you too. Hello. Hello, how are you?
Speaker 8: Oh my god?
Speaker 9: Hi?
Speaker 10: I wasn't expecting you to call back.
Speaker 1: I well, you know what, you just had such a lovely looking phone number. Something about the I mean really just something was very aesthetically pleasing about the way that those particular numbers aligned that I was like, I got to call this person back.
Speaker 10: Oh my god, that's great. How are you doing?
Speaker 1: You know, I'm feeling pretty good. This is not going to make any sense because today what day? What day is today? Call her?
Speaker 10: Uh, Friday?
Speaker 1: No, But on the calendar, Oh oh.
Speaker 10: I don't know. I'm stay at home mom. I don't no one to know what day it is.
Speaker 1: You don't know what day of you don't know. Do you know what month it is?
Speaker 3: July?
Speaker 1: Okay, that's good. Do you know what day of July it is?
Speaker 8: Oh, I'm gonna see it and look at my phone.
Speaker 10: The eighteenth, Sunday. Okay, there we go.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, so today's July eighteen. This is I'm pre recording a stream right now, So this people aren't gonna actually hear your voice until August fourth.
Speaker 10: Okay, honestly, I've tried call when you've been live, and I just get so nervous at chicken out.
Speaker 1: Well, this is kind of cool because you know, it's funny you say that because a lot of the problems that people a lot of the reason why people get nervous is because when you call them live, like, people are sort of afraid of what Chat is going to say. But now there's no chat to look at. It's just you and men. I mean there is. You can't see it right now, beautiful. Why were you nervous to call in? What were you nervous about?
Speaker 10: Everything? I mean, I do, Oh, it's a generalized anxiety disorders. So I'm just a nervous wreck. But I try to overcome some of my anxiety by like pushing myself.
Speaker 1: Do you I do you feel like maybe this is completely wrong? Do you feel like you would have less anxiety? Your life would feel more stable if you consistently knew what day it was?
Speaker 10: Probably? Honestly, when my kids are in school and I have more structure, my anxiety is a lot lower.
Speaker 1: So you're you're a stay at home mom. Yeah, and is Zelda your dog?
Speaker 10: Yes?
Speaker 1: I can hear I can hear Zeldaer what kind of dog are they?
Speaker 10: Belgium Molinois and a German shepherd.
Speaker 3: Say, like the fight?
Speaker 1: What is I've never heard of a Belgium not a one. Non In a.
Speaker 10: While, A Belgian Malinois is like a cousin to a German chef. They look like them. They're pretty big police dogs too, so you might have confused in them.
Speaker 1: For I know what Belgium is. But you totally made up that second word.
Speaker 10: No, I think I'm saying it ray. I didn't know that the dog existed until.
Speaker 1: Belgium, I will believe is a real place. But you made up Belgium not.
Speaker 10: Not a why Belgium Illinois?
Speaker 1: Perfect Belgium Illinois? Where? Okay, so you're stay at home mom. How many is you got too?
Speaker 10: Too?
Speaker 1: Do you like them? Oh? Them, that's not that's different. I know you love them, but do you like them?
Speaker 10: They're tolerable human beings?
Speaker 1: Okay that's so far. So the answer is no. No, Like they're tolerable human beings is not typically what you would say about people you like.
Speaker 10: Okay, try my husband works so much. I love him and he's the best, and I'm usually just the one left raising him, and I have no family at all because they're all toxic and narcissic and opioid addicts and alcoholics, so fuck all of them. Sure, so I pretty much had been raising two little children on my own with a little bit of help from my husband. So you can only guess how exhausting it can get. And you just want some key.
Speaker 1: I'm sure that it's fucking really tough. I'm sure it's extremely tough. What is the toughest part about it?
Speaker 10: Starting them to be a decent human being with all the negativity in the world.
Speaker 1: M Okay tell me now, as you this is an interesting thing as a parent because you know your child's like a blank slate and you it's like your one little corner of the universe where you're like, I can I can guide this child, you know, I can guide this child into a decent human being amidst all the as you say, negativity in the world. What is your.
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: How would you define a decent human being? What is your guideline? What is your checklist? Because you have to have a gold in mind to direct them to it.
Speaker 10: I want them to be kind to others, but not tolerate bullshit and put effort into the things that they do.
Speaker 1: Do you feel like you by the way, I think that's a great criteria. Do you feel as though you have spent a lot of time tolerating bullshit?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 13: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yes, twenty nine years of it?
Speaker 1: Can I hear an example?
Speaker 10: Oh? Do you want the craziest or mildest?
Speaker 1: Of course I want the craziest.
Speaker 10: When I was seven, I had grown up with my grandparents. My grandfather had PTSD and he was extremely drunk episode and destroyed her house and through furniture and punched holes in the walls, and so I was hiding under the bed with my dog. Really, yeah, I've had a pretty suck up.
Speaker 1: And you were seven years old?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And he destroyed the house?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, not everywhere?
Speaker 10: Broken glass, broken furniture.
Speaker 1: Were you two the only people in the house, or was like your mom there?
Speaker 10: Or was my grandmother? But she's an ophioid addict, So it was get out of there and let me be terrible to you. If emotional and mental.
Speaker 1: Abuse, that's heavy, that's heavy. I mean that's nice that you had the dog though.
Speaker 10: Oh yeah, she was my baby. She was a like a beagle labiblon next, so she looks like an oversizinger dog.
Speaker 1: Interesting. Well, this is I don't know if I'll say this is cool, but I mean, I do think this is cool that, you know, I know it's tough to be a parent, but it's cool. I think that if you come from a you know, you might have had a not ideal childhood, now you have the opportunity to give your kid a good one exactly. And I like this because a lot of people, when they've been wronged, they when you've been wronged, people can take one of two routes. They either take the route of I have been wronged, and I now will make it my duty to wrong others as they have wronged me. And you could do that so you could be like my parents. Fucking parents were shitty to me, I would be shitty to my kid. Fuck these people, and that happens a lot of the times. But I like that you're taking the other route, the other route that you can take, which is I have been wronged. I know how it feels to be wrong and I will never wrong another person as I have been wronged. I will make it my duty to right instead of wrong.
Speaker 10: I like, well, what that reason? I won't tolerate other people wronging me? Still mm hmmm.
Speaker 1: No, but you're you're taking the negative energy that you've you know, taken in and you're you know, exerting positiveness, making a holistic Yes, you're breaking the cycle. You're creating a cheesy holistic balance of goop.
Speaker 10: Yes, exactly. I love it.
Speaker 1: Beautiful. Would you say your name was Amber? Amber? Keep it going? Talk to you soon, all right? By Ah? What is this? I wish you I wish this was live. No, actually, I like this being pre recorded. This is easy for me. We have another call, let's keep going.
Speaker 3: Call from q.
Speaker 1: H Q. Hello, Hello, oh my god.
Speaker 8: Q like like the letter.
Speaker 1: Like q Annon, and am I on speakerphone right now?
Speaker 8: No, you're not you're in my AirPod.
Speaker 1: Oh your AirPods are terrible. How old are they hold?
Speaker 8: I don't know, but I'm a I work on the beach, so like they probably get like, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Sand in them.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I can definitely hear a lot of sand in between you and me right now.
Speaker 8: Really?
Speaker 1: Yeah, is there any way that you could take your sandy AirPods off and but do you does your phone have a lot of sand in it? Actually? I think I think at their core computer do you know those? I think at their core computers are actually made of sand, Like.
Speaker 8: That's your computers are made of sand?
Speaker 1: Like all right? You never you didn't like at the in the natural world. You can't just go iPhone. You have to start with what's there? And I think that the germ of the idea of the computer with sand? Can you can you really? Can you take your AirPods out and try talking to me on your phone? Because I, oh, wait, hello, okay, that's much better.
Speaker 8: Well do you know what? Just call me?
Speaker 1: Q is perfect. I don't know what you're trying. I don't know what you're about to try to shorten that to.
Speaker 8: But Q is yeah.
Speaker 10: Que is it?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Is it like c U E or just the letter Q?
Speaker 8: Like the letter Q like, uh, well, my it's the initial my last name like queen. Well that's not my last name.
Speaker 1: But what is your life like?
Speaker 10: Que my life?
Speaker 8: Yeah, dude, Honestly, these past two years have been like ridiculous. I I don't know, all of a sudden, no, I left home, I lived in three different states. I came back and now I'm a lifeguard on a beach.
Speaker 10: I think that.
Speaker 1: Is pretty cool.
Speaker 8: Oh excuse my language, I'm sorry, say.
Speaker 1: You can say kunt on here. We had a guy just now who said he called me a cunt and I called him a cunt and it was really nice. No, no, no, no, no, you had to be there, trust me, it was nice.
Speaker 6: It was.
Speaker 1: It was actually a pretty good moment, you trust me.
Speaker 8: I don't like that word. That's like the meanest, the coldest, you know. Yeah, like I don't want to say that to someone, almost like they really like pissed me off.
Speaker 1: No, but okay, so he was Australian and he told me that.
Speaker 8: Oh I bet that was funny, hear.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, so he was Australian, and apparently in Australia, when you call someone a cunt, it's a nice thing, like it's like you're my friends.
Speaker 8: Okay. I remember like traveling a few years ago and I knew someone who was Australian who said that, and I believe them because I was gullible. But now I have another like verification that this is true.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I don't know that guy could have been fucking with me too, and maybe that's just the thing that Australians do to fuck with people.
Speaker 8: I mean they're Australian. I like, I feel like if you're Australian, you can kind of do whatever you want.
Speaker 1: So your lifeguard on a beach, which sounds difficult to me because being a lifeguard on a pool you have a very limited vicinity to look over. But the beach, I mean you're really just trying to watch the entire ocean.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yeah, pretty much. You have to look out for a fish and the way the ocean behaves and how people are reacting to it, who's in your water, and how they're swimming in front of you, which can show them like whether or not they might drown and whether or not you should take them out or pull them in or whatever.
Speaker 1: Have you ever had to save someone?
Speaker 8: I was back so this is my first year because I used to be in the military. As of a few months ago, I'm not, but this is my first year and I was back up to a rescue at a stand neighboring mine. But when we got out there, the swimmers decided that they didn't want to touch our equipment, so we just kind of like swim in with them. But we had a lot of lifeguards in the water. We had two on powder words and I had my can.
Speaker 1: Interesting.
Speaker 10: Interesting, interesting?
Speaker 1: Yes, So why are you no longer in the military? Was it like you're I have no idea how the military works with like your contract up or whatever the.
Speaker 8: Hell Sure should happen, you know, sure.
Speaker 1: I feel like sure that were you dishonorably discharged or something.
Speaker 8: No, for what it's worth, whoever, I don't even know if anyone will hear this, But if anyone hears this, in order to get a dishonorable discharge, you have to like kill someone or like sexually assault someone. You have to do something bad, like really bad.
Speaker 1: What O is there such thing as an honorable discharge?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Like I don't want to get one if you just like get out regular, you know, okay.
Speaker 1: Because that's something where like I feel like, you know, in like the Civil War, like there's those war heroes who like they disobeyed their commanding officer for like some moral reason, and like so like maybe you could get to charged with honor because you disobeyed somebody because you knew it was the right thing to do.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I was on uh, I was on Reddit, and this guy he like dropped his phone number to talk about his discharge with other people because a lot of like, there's a lot of military reddits. Anyway, he got uh, other than honorable discharge for telling his captain that he wanted to kill him.
Speaker 1: I don't know when he's got honorable discharge for telling his captain who wanted to kill him?
Speaker 8: No other than honorable? Oh th h that's like, so there's how many I.
Speaker 1: Didn't know there were several types of honor. I didn't know there were several. There was, there's there's a dishonor as a type of honor, honor as a type of honor, but I did not know there was an other What is this again other than honorable?
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, so there's honorable general other than honorable and dishonorable.
Speaker 1: What is other than honorable? Man, because it's not necessarily dishonorable.
Speaker 8: Other than honorable means that you might have gotten into some legal trouble that led to your discharge, So.
Speaker 10: You get that.
Speaker 8: I mean it kind of just depends on what surrounded your discharge. If you got other than honorable, it basically more more likely than not you got kicked out of your branch.
Speaker 1: Sounds very dishonorable. Maybe what did you say your anamals que Que before we go? I'm kind of curious, like where did you see the phone number? Like on Instagram?
Speaker 8: So I saw you on TikTok way back when, and then I recently started watching you on Twitch and I listened to you while I'm sitting on the stand on the beach and my lunch break and when you're live. You know, I enjoy watching your your content.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, I I'm in. I wonder if I hope I'm not like you know, some kid rownds, because you were like really into some like conversation I was having on here. No, no, but how did you know about Okay? How did you know that I was taking calls right now?
Speaker 5: Like?
Speaker 1: Where did you see the phone number? Oh?
Speaker 8: Discord? I love Discord. I had to be on your discord?
Speaker 1: Beautiful, beautiful? Is there anything else you want to talk about before we go? Que?
Speaker 10: What?
Speaker 8: What do you what do you tell yourself when you're feeling like you're at rock bottom and like nothing nothing can get any worse like this. It's ridiculous. Everything is just sh shit is hitting the bananas, you know, fucking bananas.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if I have a good answer to that. One of the cool things about rock Bottom is that there's no expectations, so you can do whatever you want.
Speaker 8: Oh hell yeah.
Speaker 1: My my mantra lately has been, uh that the only way out is through, so you know, I mean, who the fuck said some president, some probably Civil war douche said like, if you're going through hell, keep going. I like that. I'll co sign on that if I'm allowed to just answer your question by stealing someone else's things. Fun, Yeah, beautiful. It's a pleasure talking to you. Q. You have a good rest of the night.
Speaker 8: Thank you, You too.
Speaker 2: Goes on the line every night. Everything goes to teaching your line. Many an expert