Speaker 1: You've got texting problems and we've got solutions. Yes, brand new episode today on the Second Date podcast.
Speaker 2: You found it the official one.
Speaker 1: All right, it's Brock and Jeffrey in the morning, and today we got a brand new textual healing where someone has a texting problem and we.
Speaker 2: Help them out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're gonna hear that in just a second. But we always love to start by highlighting our listeners.
Speaker 3: Yes, and tintintin Joy said, I use your podcast as my daily shower timer. The second I skip the ads, it's go time. I need to be out before it ends, or I'm late for work. Y'all are responsible for my hygiene and my paycheck at this point. Please read this during Second Date updates so I can hear it Midshampooyay, you missed a spot.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah.
Speaker 5: By the way, that reminds us for the editors, we can never do like a thirty or forty minute second date.
Speaker 6: This person will be very late.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she'll be in the shower for a long time. Yeah all right.
Speaker 1: Well, enjoy your shower and enjoy this brand new episode starts right now.
Speaker 4: There are certain things in life that require a huge leap of faith, whether you're moving across tree for a new job, proposing to a woman you just met earlier that day, who, or ordering delivery from a two star rated food truck and a strip mall. Because with big risk comes big rewards. That's right, and that's could be. That's why one of our listeners needs help today. He wants to take a huge leap of faith with a very special person in his life, and if he doesn't do it right, their six year friendship could possibly be ruined forever. Big risk, big reward. We're going to try to help him out in a brand new textual healing next text you will healing textual? Is it different texting your mom versus texting your love interest? For some of us, we can take the same cues. Be polite, also playful, put funny over flirty?
Speaker 2: No no, no.
Speaker 4: More flirty first with your mom?
Speaker 2: None of it?
Speaker 4: Oh well, I agree. Nobody wants to be like bro, can you hurry up? And you're like, hold on a flirt with my mom? O, peach.
Speaker 1: Emotion send See it sounds just as bad as you say, hold on, I'm being funny.
Speaker 2: With my mom.
Speaker 4: Yeah. The differences can be very subtle, a little tough to navigate, and that's where we can step in help with a little textual healing. The segment where we help a listener craft the perfect message to send to whoever they need for whatever unusual situation they find themselves.
Speaker 2: We're hanging up if they say they need help with their mom. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Today one of our listeners has reached out seeking some tender textual gratification with one of his love interests. Definitely not his mom, at least I hope not. His name is Mike, Mike, Welcome to the show.
Speaker 1: Hey, thanks, Yeah, sorry about that weird start.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was. We're gonna get back on track for you.
Speaker 4: Have a mom on this show that could help give you advice. If that makes you feel more comfortable.
Speaker 7: That'd be good. Yeah, my mom would be good. Good.
Speaker 4: Nice. Brought to hear that he's in the Moms pro mom keep going, Jeff going on.
Speaker 2: The stuff or into the love into the lot.
Speaker 4: Yeah, let's talk about that. Who do you want help texting?
Speaker 7: I want him texting my friend Chloe?
Speaker 2: Oh you say friends?
Speaker 1: Tell you guys, is this one of those things where you're ready to make the jump from friendship to something more with Chloe?
Speaker 7: I mean I don't know. I don't know. I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Okay, I love that nervous energy.
Speaker 4: How long have you and Chloe been quote unquote friends, like sixty or seven years?
Speaker 2: And how long have you wanted more with Chloe?
Speaker 7: I don't know. We've always been friendly, but like I think from the beginning it was the full six or seven years, Like you got.
Speaker 5: To tell us a little more than I don't know, because we can't just text for that eight times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like what's the nature of the friendship been.
Speaker 7: Like yeah, yeah, I mean we've just always been pal and she's always been in relationships and okay.
Speaker 2: And your window has opened.
Speaker 7: Yes, it has. I just feel like she always has these like really handsome boyfriends, and like like a few months ago, we were at another friend's birthday and she basically just like talked to me in the corner like the whole time. And this has happened before, Like we always kind of wind up together in the corner of her room, and I.
Speaker 4: Feel like there's something there where she's not spending time with her boyfriend. She's specifically like to hang out with you instead. Yeah, yeah, well that's a good sign.
Speaker 1: See all I'm hearing is she has handsome ex boyfriends and that's what Matt.
Speaker 7: Yeah, she's an awesome girl and she's the one who breaks up with them because she's great.
Speaker 2: Oh that's cute.
Speaker 3: She's single now though.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what happened? How did this come out? So that like now is the right time to make your move.
Speaker 7: It just is the first time I think since I've ever known her that she's like one hundred percent single. There's no situationship, there's no there's no other person, And I'm just wondering if it's the right time to be vulnerable and see if she'd be open to something. I just have no clue how to do that. Yeah, have you.
Speaker 2: Ever gotten any vibes or yeah, or any friends have said anything?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that Chloe may feel the same about you.
Speaker 7: No one said anything. But it's just the thing I told you about the party, Like that. I have ten more examples of that where it's just there's no need for her to like be with me, Like she could be with her literal boyfriend, and it seems like she'd rather be with me. You know, I'm just a guy, but like I feel this attraction towards her, and I like This can't be one sided. This can't be it's just me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, you got to get a feeler out there to see if she likes you.
Speaker 4: Right, So, but I'm just wondering where in this puzzle piece does your mom come in?
Speaker 2: Leave the mom out?
Speaker 4: And there's no mother involvement whatsoever?
Speaker 7: No mom involvement.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that takes my area of expertise out of this. It's going to be more on Brook now to come up with something good to send your love interest.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, where have you left your last text with her? Because I say, yeah, you guys are friends, so you text. I mean, are you at a friendship level where you text individually or is it always group chats?
Speaker 7: No? No, like we'll send each other funny videos and stuff for like okay things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but how do you move the relationship now from a friendship into a potential romance? That's what you're wondering to do via a text message. So let's start brainstorming.
Speaker 6: Let's just break the eyes with So you're single.
Speaker 4: Huh, alexis what do you have any ideas of what he should send?
Speaker 2: Okay, that was good, she said, inside joke.
Speaker 6: Oh that's vague.
Speaker 2: That's all I got.
Speaker 5: I send each other memes and videos. You may have an inside joke of something.
Speaker 7: I mean, they're so like circumstantial, you know, they like fade in. Yeah, no, no, okay, okay, we.
Speaker 6: Almost add something.
Speaker 1: I mean, maybe you bring up the fact that she's single, and it's like self deprecating, like, oh, you dropped another model boyfriend again.
Speaker 2: Huh, I hope he's not. He's not heartbroken, or you know, like something sarcastic.
Speaker 4: A lonely party of you.
Speaker 1: Now she's doing the breaking up, she's not heartbroken about it, so it's like back a compliment.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you could actually lead that into more like good thing you and me could never get together.
Speaker 6: I'm way too attractive for you. Something like that.
Speaker 4: Okay, but silly, playful like you would with your mom. Yes, god, I think I think.
Speaker 1: If we start by bringing up the fact that she's single right now, then it'll help us lead to.
Speaker 4: The mental Yeah, okay, go ahead towards that. Start typing, remind her that she's single.
Speaker 6: Mike woke up without a boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, dropped another from I don't know, America's top model.
Speaker 4: What do you think about that? Mike?
Speaker 7: I mean, yeah, that could work.
Speaker 4: I would start telling, Okay, hey, like heard you had to drop another beautiful model boyfriend.
Speaker 1: Another heartbroken gorgeous man out on the streets, laugh emoji.
Speaker 6: And ask if you're okay, but I know you're fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's good. You know if you're okay, but I know you're fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Like you're also being a good friend.
Speaker 7: Heard you had to drop another beautiful model boyfriend. What was the next thing.
Speaker 2: I'd ask if you're okay, but I know you're probably fine.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and then an emoji laughomol emoji.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I'd ask if you're okay, but I know you're probably fine, laugh emoji. Okay, got it, And.
Speaker 1: Then she can write back something sarcastic about how the hot ones are not always the smart ones or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, or it causes a rift in your friendship because you accused her of being single. So we'll see how it goes.
Speaker 2: She dumped him, Jeff, Not all breakups are bad.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if you know that when they're beautiful model boy friends, I would think it hurts a little bit more.
Speaker 2: But she's going through them, dude.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we've sent that. We'll see if your friend Chloe responds, when we come back and we do more textual healing, non mom edition coming up, Why it's not mom we're doing right after this. Hold on, We're in the middle of textual healing with our overly talkative listener, Mike, who would just not shut up about his longtime friend Chloe, who he's hoping to become more than just friends with now that she's finally single and moved on from her hunky, well endowed model boyfriends. We didn't know that part, well, we can assume. So how do we get the friend ball rolling in the romantic direction? We suggested he start by first reminding her that she's single in a playful way, by saying, Wow, heard you had to drop another gorgeous model boyfriend. I'd ask if you're okay, but I know you're fine, laugh EMOCHI. Yes, yeah, so we sent that a little while ago. Has she responded yet, Mike?
Speaker 7: Yeah, she actually did.
Speaker 1: Oh I can never tell if you're excited, Mike, like what your emotions are?
Speaker 4: You're just so nervous right now or whatever medications you're on, they're totally working. But she wrote back, What did she say?
Speaker 7: She said? Yep, I guess I need to go to the GQ store at the mall and find another.
Speaker 4: Another model boyfriend.
Speaker 2: That's that's pretty funny.
Speaker 1: What if you rote back and said, but have you ever tried the boot Barn?
Speaker 2: And that's where we go on to say that I'm the guy at the boot Bar.
Speaker 4: Do we have to go all the way to the basement from the models all the way down to like backwater about the middle the gap? Yeah, okay, cope, you're not getting offended by any of this?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, all right, so like we're going with boot Barn or the Rack.
Speaker 6: Wait, don't like us, literally, we're kind of kidding here. I wasn't.
Speaker 4: I'm actually supporting brooks idea a little bit here because the humors there, it's still a little flirty, playful, okay, and the insinuation is look at me.
Speaker 1: This is what I think you should say. But have you ever tried shopping at the boot Barn? I'm still a boot Barn. I think it's funnier.
Speaker 4: But whatever, the rack, whatever, slow class store you want to refer to yourself as put that in.
Speaker 2: She still kind of likes though, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, like make it a good one.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I do like boot Barn. So okay, I am, I'm gonna say boob barn he likes.
Speaker 4: The question is, do you think that she'll one hundred percent understand the subtle messaging that he's trying to put out there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, are best friends and they have humor.
Speaker 1: She's dropping hot boys because she's emotionally intelligent.
Speaker 2: Okay, she gets it. She's the one that brought up the GQ store.
Speaker 4: Okay, funny, all right, cowboys. Send that boot barn text and see what she says.
Speaker 7: All right, someone say maybe you should try shopping at the boot barn and then boot emoji like that. Yeah, all right, send.
Speaker 5: She's gonna be like, great idea, I love cowboys, Yeah, darned idn't.
Speaker 4: Or she's just gonna go like at a wardrobe thing, like takes it too literally.
Speaker 1: We may need to then follow up immediately with saying that you're the option, right.
Speaker 3: Like question, yes, stories, back and forth, because the joke will go on for too long.
Speaker 1: Like now we've been playful. I think next we need to be direct.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and hopefully she just gets it and it's like, oh really, just.
Speaker 2: Say actually I would love to take you out on a date.
Speaker 7: I mean, honestly, you guys. Hold on, hold on, she's okay what she say, I'm actually starting to realize the pretty ones aren't as pretty on the inside. Yeah. See, you're actually pretty boring eye roll. Yeah, more like a temporary cat toy. Play with them for a while till it gets old.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, I like her, like he's.
Speaker 4: Getting sick of the pretty boys. So she's looking for this.
Speaker 5: This is still just two friends talking, though, I mean, how do we get it to be a little more flirty?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean I think this is part of the more direct line, right because she's getting more serious right now in this in this tax exchange, we can drop the humor.
Speaker 2: Now, maybe just.
Speaker 5: Ask you said, drop the humor. Maybe it's like, have you ever considered dating a friend?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Literally, that's a general Oh Bill, I love it. Mike, what do you think?
Speaker 7: I'm scared? But let's yeah, let's do it.
Speaker 4: I mean, Mike, I could tell by your emotions that you're super scared. You're all over the place. You got to calm down a little bit, we focus, Okay.
Speaker 2: Squirrely was that his big energy is that?
Speaker 4: It was kind of overwhelming, Mike, So let's temper that and write this message. What should he say, Jose, Just tell her?
Speaker 6: Have you ever considered dating a friend?
Speaker 4: And what about the guy shrugging emoji? Yeah that's playful. I don't think Yeah, okay, buff guys shrugging. There we go.
Speaker 2: Now now I feel like it's false. Advertisement said that he's offering both arms.
Speaker 7: Have you ever considered dating a friend shrugging?
Speaker 6: You're talking about you?
Speaker 3: You have other hot friends in your group?
Speaker 4: Because oh shoot, I was thinking about I wish you hadn't sent it, because I was thinking of adding something about a mom, like something really funny about it. It's too late, a friend, a mom.
Speaker 2: Looking on one thing, and we just can't let it go.
Speaker 4: Yeah, come through, okay, boot lady. Geez, fine, that was clutch.
Speaker 2: I did right, I got here.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, guys, she texted back. Oh my god, oh.
Speaker 6: My god, oh my god.
Speaker 4: Bad? What did she say?
Speaker 7: Okay? She said, do you want me to date down? Wink face?
Speaker 5: She knows that you, she doesn't know what's him.
Speaker 4: Why would she the wink face?
Speaker 3: Maybe about flirting back?
Speaker 1: You smji without being cleared?
Speaker 4: So you want me to date down wing?
Speaker 7: More? There's more, there's more, she said, I'd be lying if I said it hadn't crossed my mind.
Speaker 6: Gosh, wait, any clarification. I am excited. You're talking about me? Right?
Speaker 2: If you're right back? You're right back?
Speaker 1: Does this mean I can take you to dinner and the discount Ben this weekend?
Speaker 6: That's good.
Speaker 4: It's called a callback, the Discount Ben and the like. You know, Brook, Alexis has no idea what you said?
Speaker 2: How about clearance rack?
Speaker 6: Would that works for you?
Speaker 4: If you want to throw in a Cuban joke, She's giving you the green light to go for it. It sounds like, so just go for it. You don't have to be cute about it.
Speaker 6: You need to confirm those.
Speaker 2: It has to be you. Does this mean I can take you to dinner this weekend?
Speaker 7: There you go?
Speaker 4: All right, Mike, please calm down. You are all over the place right now?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 7: Does this mean I can take you to dinner this weekend? Yeah?
Speaker 6: This is this could be super small. Yeah, yeah, I'm excited.
Speaker 4: Your voice did crack when you say it? Are you sure you want to go through with this?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do it? Do it? She opened the door.
Speaker 7: I sent it, no turning back.
Speaker 6: Now, I'm so excited.
Speaker 4: This is either going she make a whole new, wonderful relationship or ruin the friendship.
Speaker 2: She said a week emoji it has to.
Speaker 4: Be him, right, I said, My mom with emojis all the time. It doesn't mean anything.
Speaker 2: We're back here.
Speaker 4: Okay, Mike, I'm gonna give you some instructions. First, lay on the ground. Close your eyes. Yeah, was killing time until we get a message back. Close your eyes on zip. We don't know. I'm just trying to fill the empty space.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: Oh my okay, oh he unzipped.
Speaker 2: You say he got respond what you say?
Speaker 4: What did she say?
Speaker 7: She said, if you can keep your emotions in check, you can come over and spend the night.
Speaker 1: Whoa, whoa, Wait a minute, this is good, right. She's obviously being sarcastic about his emotions because we've seen how emotional this guy is.
Speaker 4: Definitely, I mean, Mike, you're not spending the night. You want a long term relationship. You don't want to be a cat toy.
Speaker 2: They've been friends for six or seven years. Spend the night. You go right over there right now.
Speaker 7: To be a cat Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 4: Plenty of dinners together. Okay, I think it's so cute. Our job is done.
Speaker 2: You have a slubber party.
Speaker 7: Thank you guys, you're welcome.
Speaker 4: Wait, yes, how are you feeling right now?
Speaker 7: Mike three boots, three boot Barns. Yes, really good.
Speaker 2: You've ruined him right, I'm not bringing my own sleeping bag.
Speaker 7: What brooking Jeffrey in the morning.
Speaker 4: You know, it's been about a week since we recorded that, and we still have not heard how it went when he went to her place or a bad thing. I don't know. Either it went amazing and he's never left, or it went horrible and he doesn't want to talk to us. We got to get an update from him at some point.
Speaker 3: But I will say, you're so cute, and.
Speaker 4: I have visited the boot barn since the Yeah, that place is cute.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you I have some other shopping hot tips for you too.
Speaker 4: What other story do we have to visit that's discount low budget?
Speaker 1: This one doesn't actually have a brand name attached to it, but it is in a back alley and there's a guy who sells an incredible deal.
Speaker 4: Right now, I'm blindfold me and lead into that back alley. Sometimes nothing bad will happen, that's right, And nothing bad will happen if you email our show for help. We can help you with your textual healings, your second date updates. You're awkward.
Speaker 2: Tuesdays sometimes end good.
Speaker 4: Sometimes that's pretty good for us. Find us online where you get your podcast. It's Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.