Speaker 1: Well is this Andy? Oh, hi Scott, Hi Andy.
Speaker 2: It feels so like interestingly we are talking to you over a landline.
Speaker 1: It's very strange. Well, I mean we've never done this before. We're on the phone now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this seems very eighties, nineties, early two thousands.
Speaker 1: Well, it's because you can't be here, you know. Before we get into all that, let's play this.
Speaker 2: The only cereal with.
Speaker 1: These guys hate when you hand jam. All right, that's enough of that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's blessed really loud over the phone.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm so sorry. How's your how's your ear drum?
Speaker 2: You know it's broken, but I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Well, guess what this is Serial Killers? And we kind of like we're rigging it together so we can have an episode. It's at episode ninety eight, and it's Monday. Nice and Andrew is Andrew's hold up at his parents house for the last three weeks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I need to get hold on. Do we have plastic cups?
Speaker 1: When you're not ready?
Speaker 2: What else is new down stairs? Okay, I need to get solo cups. I have this cereal. I just told the solo cups.
Speaker 1: Do you have spoons?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Where?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Is that Luna? Hi, Luna.
Speaker 2: Luna's not here, she's some boys. I don't know where she might be up for a walk.
Speaker 1: Oh do you have milk at the house. I hope it's regular milk. Is it regular milk? Is it cow milk?
Speaker 2: Yes? It is cow milk, you idiot? Okay, wait, okay, hold on.
Speaker 1: That's weird. Even your your landline is a little staticky. You got to put up the antenna.
Speaker 2: Oh, hold on, okay, I got my three solo cups. No, I'm running upstairs. Oh great, my mom is vacuuing. This is great.
Speaker 1: This one's gonna be a fantastic episode. See me over the phone. Let me talk over the vacuum here, just so you know.
Speaker 2: They can hear the vacuum on it. It's okay, I mean the vacuum can be heard every Okay, it's fine. No, No, we'll make this work.
Speaker 1: Don't you have like a little bunker that you can go hide in a bunker? No, your little boy room with the you know, the race car bed. Can you go there?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I have my race car bed upstairs.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right. So what I did was a couple of days ago I overnighted Andrew some little little baggies of cereal. And I guess if you got that from anybody else, you would not even open the box because it's really weird. But I said, Andrew, three little ziploc baggies of cereal. He does not know what they are. I mean he could see them, but he doesn't know what cereals they are. Correct.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they're all checks mix and you're just blying to me and I'm gonna pour milk on them and they're not good.
Speaker 1: No, they're not checks mixed. I didn't try any of them. So yeah, I mean, we can just get started. I suppose how you've been over there? Everything good? I miss you. I haven't seen you in a long time.
Speaker 2: I missed you too, Scott. Everything is well here. I can't complaint.
Speaker 1: Okay, good, Well, you should come into the studio so we can do an episode ninety nine.
Speaker 2: So you want me to drive into New York City during a pandemic to do a podcast about cereal. That's pretty good. I'm going to pass on that.
Speaker 1: Yes, but haven't you seen all the wonderful reviews that we've been getting. People are loving that we're still doing this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's necessary and I'm happy that we can do it over the phone.
Speaker 1: So that's just the way it's going to be from now on.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean you need to get with the times and get Skype, because then we could just do this over Skype.
Speaker 1: Really, I know I have Skype, but how do we do that? I don't understand.
Speaker 2: You can just record the call over Skype.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but then I can't play sound effects and stuff.
Speaker 2: Well you could just add those in later, like you add things in anyway.
Speaker 1: By the way, can I read a review that we just got the other day from user name malto Maddie. She says, I absolutely love this podcast. I've had to reschedule my wedding because of the pandemic, but I've been listening while replanning my wedding. It's my little piece of normalcy. Thank you. I am a spande. I especially love when Danielle is on. I'm waiting for an opening song including her ps multimeal rules. There you go, name brand rules.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 1: So you know what, We're gonna have to get Danielle on for the hundred episode because that is coming up one week from today.
Speaker 2: Can you three way call people on this?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. I mean, you know. Since I'm so old, I am used to using landlines, but it's very technical here. I have no idea. I'll have to get an engineer to help me out. We probably can. All right, let's get rolling. Who's no, No, Jeff hasn't been here. He got quarantined. He's been gone for two weeks. I think he's coming back. We'll see. All right, let's get to some cereal. So you have your little bagg's in front of you. Yeah, would you like to start with new or classic? First? New? You want to go with new? Okay, So take out the bag. Take out the bag that looks like squares, yeah, okay, and they're two different colored.
Speaker 2: Squares, gold and non gold.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yes, that is a brand new cereal from Cascadian Farm Funs.
Speaker 2: You say, okay, hold on.
Speaker 1: No Cascadian form. They only have one of them. Oh farm farm singular farms farm.
Speaker 2: Wow, you even included too much, just like you do in the studio.
Speaker 1: Of course, have you tried it yet? And now you're not lying right, you haven't gone in there.
Speaker 2: No, I haven't. Everything has saved sealed.
Speaker 1: All right. So this is new from Cascadian Farms. It is gluten free honey vanilla crunch.
Speaker 2: Oh, I love that. I'm using Kirkland Signature organic two percent reduced fat milk.
Speaker 1: Oh, hold on, how to go down to the cereal fridge. That's good, we're using almost the same milk. I am using one grass fed Maple Hill organic two percent reduced fat milk.
Speaker 2: You know this used to be Price Club milk, but then they switched over to Kirklind.
Speaker 1: Can we please not get into that again. By the way, on the front of my milk container is Daffodil the cow from Hidden Camp Farm in Canahanari, New York.
Speaker 2: Okay, mine just says it's pasteurized, so exacting.
Speaker 1: Well. It says milk the way nature intended. From pasture raised cows, no corn, no grain, just grass.
Speaker 2: This says it was animal welfare certified, so I guess they were nice to the cow mind sets.
Speaker 1: It's better for cows, better for land, better for farmers, and better for us.
Speaker 2: Okay, we get it. Your milk is better.
Speaker 1: Let's just see yeah, all right, here we go.
Speaker 2: Okay, hmm, that's actually really good.
Speaker 1: It's like an ice cream cone.
Speaker 2: I'd give it four boom.
Speaker 1: It's sweet at first, but then the sweetness goes away as you too.
Speaker 2: I like it. It was just delicious.
Speaker 1: You love to rate really quick. I need to get it a second in my mouth.
Speaker 2: I'm a fan.
Speaker 1: It's not really all that sweet, even though on the back it say, honey, you're so sweet. I will go three bowls in a spoon. It's good, but it's not great.
Speaker 2: What does it mean because it's a good cereal.
Speaker 1: It is a good cereal, but it's not five bowl cereal.
Speaker 2: Well, that's why I gave it four bolts in a spoon.
Speaker 1: So what you been doing over there?
Speaker 2: Literally nothing? It's great. I've been doing tons of puzzles.
Speaker 1: Yeah. We both did the cereal box puzzle.
Speaker 2: No I did. You're still doing yours.
Speaker 1: I am still doing mine so far. I've got I have all the corners done, and I have about four boxes of the cereal completely. It's very hard. It's a very hard puzzle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my mom and I have been doing it. It's really great when the two of us work on it together because then you have someone who could do the edges and it goes way faster.
Speaker 1: Froggy and Lisa got it for us for the holidays, and it's funny because puzzles are sold out everywhere. Now it's very difficult to get puzzles because everybody is, you know, hankering down at home and doing puzzles.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know who says hankering, but yes, that is what's happening, hunkering.
Speaker 1: They're hunkering down. You're just as enthusiastic at home as you are here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's what the extra rest is doing for me.
Speaker 1: All right now, I've just been working every day, so I'm glad you've been home with your feet up, really not doing all that much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, I did make the cereal list that you haven't posted yet.
Speaker 1: I didn't know why I was supposed to post that.
Speaker 2: Yes, you're the one who talks about it all the time. You can post it.
Speaker 1: I don't know how where do I post it? What do I do? Is there a link? I don't understand?
Speaker 2: Yes, okay, all right, we'll discuss this afterwards.
Speaker 1: But you also never changed that red color like I asked.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, well happened today for you? Champ?
Speaker 1: Remember that? Because the red is just like boof as soon as you open it, and it makes your eyes like go nuts.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well yours. I don't know probably some of whose colorblind red. It doesn't happen that way already.
Speaker 1: So let's go to the classic cereal. This cereal first came out in two thousand and eight. It is a Nature's Path variety.
Speaker 2: Can I just guess which one it is?
Speaker 1: You never will? But okay, oh wait, you mean you made off the baggies that I gave you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so is it the one with that looks like trail mix.
Speaker 1: Yes, it looks like animal feed.
Speaker 2: Yeah it has it's like it has flakes and.
Speaker 1: Then that long thing and the other thing. Yes, So that is an optimum power blueberry cinnamon flax cereal from Nature's Path.
Speaker 2: I don't think I got a blueberry. Oh there's a blueberry. I'm gonna just take it out with my hand now.
Speaker 1: With improved blueberry taste.
Speaker 2: That's weird that you have to improve a blueberry taste.
Speaker 1: I don't know that plant powered protein, carbohydrates and fiber with real wild blueberries.
Speaker 2: H all right, well that sounds great.
Speaker 1: Oh there's kamut in here. It's the thing that looks like a puffed kind of barley looking puffed rice thing. See that, you see that piece.
Speaker 2: The one that looks like a honey smack, sure.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's that one. Now. I did the Scotti shake before I sent it to you, so you should have gotten everything that's in the box.
Speaker 2: I got one blueberry. You send me a whole bag, and I have one blueberry.
Speaker 1: You know what. To be honest with you, I didn't know there were any blueberries in this when I scent it, So that's my bad.
Speaker 2: They kind of look like rabbit poop.
Speaker 1: Those are you ready to eat? Those sticks look like those little sesame things that come in that mix. Wait, don't eat it yet.
Speaker 2: It smells.
Speaker 1: I don't like doing this over the phone.
Speaker 2: Well, you're the one who insisted.
Speaker 1: But how else do you do it? You're not here Skype. I don't understand how that would work.
Speaker 2: You can just press screen record and it captures the audio. You would just plug in a USB mic.
Speaker 1: I don't know how to do any of that.
Speaker 2: You don't know how to plug in a USB MIC into what? Into your computer? You edio.
Speaker 1: I don't have a computer here. I use a microphone and a thing.
Speaker 2: No, you would do it at your house.
Speaker 1: I'm so confused.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy we're discussing this over the phone on a podcast. It's great.
Speaker 1: If I do it at my house, I'm gonna have my kids, my wife and my dog, and everybody's gonna drive me crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that'll be even better.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's try this stuff. I got so many blueberries.
Speaker 2: I have one my milk.
Speaker 1: My milk is blue. That's how many I have.
Speaker 2: All Right, here we go one two days.
Speaker 1: I thought maybe I like it, but then I don't, and then I do again, and then I don't again.
Speaker 2: It's interesting. I don't think it's for me.
Speaker 1: The blueberries are just full of air and they're just there's nothing in the blueberry at all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you're just left with like flax seeds.
Speaker 1: It's not like the which is the flax?
Speaker 2: Does that thing blake?
Speaker 1: I think that's in the flakes. They're flax flakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'm going to give it two balls in a spoon.
Speaker 1: I'm going to give it two bowls. I don't really like it. I do like the blueberries. I'm a fan of cereal fruit, and I do like the blueberries.
Speaker 2: I think I like the flakes.
Speaker 1: I don't really taste cinnamon. I don't know where that is.
Speaker 2: What there's cinnamon in it?
Speaker 1: What is called it's called Optimum Power Blueberry cinnamon flax.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's no cinnamon in this at all.
Speaker 1: There's cinnamon blueberry. There's pictures of cinnamon sticks all over the box and it says sprinkles of cinnamon. I don't see it.
Speaker 2: Not great.
Speaker 1: Oh ah, I just knocked over my milk.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Now your studio is going to smell like throw up. Oh my god, that's the last thing that you need.
Speaker 1: All right, I'm giving you a warning. I'm going to play something out over the phone, so please take it away from your ear.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you for the warning.
Speaker 1: Welcome serial Killers b the Oh wait a second, Actually, yes, it's a bonus box. But it's also this Cereal Killers in turn National.
Speaker 2: So weird to hear the jingles over the phone.
Speaker 1: So we've been getting boxes of stuff even though you're not here. People are still sending us things, and they are arriving while it takes a long time to get to us because there's nobody in the mailroom and I have to go rifling through boxes upstairs. I did get this box from Aphrodite. Is it aphrodite or it's aphrodite? Right, you don't say aphrodite. It's aphrodite.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about.
Speaker 1: This person's name is A P h R O d I t E. That's aphrodite, right, yeah, all right, so she's from Long Island, from my hood. What's up, aphrodite? Thank you very much? And she said us a box of cereal from Dubai. Oh so there's some letters on here that I can't read, but it is a NESTLEI cereal and she found it in a little convenience store in Dubai. It's made by Nestley and it's just called Fitness, and it's the third and final bag that you have there. It's just called fitness, just fitness, fitness, and there's someone like holding their hands up in the air. I guess they're very fit. Fitness. Nutritious start is what it says on the front. Original flavor with B vitamins and oats and then a bunch of Arabic letters that I cannot read. It's high in fibery. I think that means fiber Okay, wheat and oats and rice. Nestli Fitness has been designed with selected delicious ingredients and whole grain wheat and oats. Whole grain cereals contain B vitamins that help release energy in your body from food. Choose Nestlei Fitness for a nutritious start to your day.
Speaker 2: Why is everything Nestlie overseas?
Speaker 1: Nestli is like King of cereals everywhere but the United States? All right, I mean the box is a very flimsy Is it a box or is it a bad No, it's a boxer.
Speaker 2: Oh, Dubai does boxes.
Speaker 1: That's right. In the UAE, they rock boxes.
Speaker 2: Remember when they decided to crease those world islands and then they just left them there? That was cool.
Speaker 1: No, I don't know what that means.
Speaker 2: In Dubai, they started this project in the early to late two thousand, uh huh, and they were going to recreate the entire world by putting sand in the ocean and doing man made islands. But they only did about one or two of them. So now it's just these giant sand pits sitting in like a fake earth formation.
Speaker 1: Really, isn't it very beautiful there? Though? And like very expensive?
Speaker 2: Yes? Both.
Speaker 1: And according to Aphrodite's note, the United Arab Emirates was only founded in nineteen seventy one.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a very young country.
Speaker 1: She says. They don't really manufacture their own cereal, it seems, but these were purchased in the country in a convenience store.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, I don't really love the.
Speaker 1: Way the flakes look.
Speaker 2: But I guess I'll try this one tooth thing.
Speaker 1: Wait, was it ready? Okay, it's corner for you.
Speaker 2: They don't taste like anything like at all.
Speaker 1: It's just like slightly slightly sweetened brand flakes, is what it tastes like to me.
Speaker 2: I don't even know if I'm getting any sweetness. It just tastes flakes. I'm not a big fan. I'm going to give this a bowl in a spoon.
Speaker 1: Really, I give it two bowls in a spoon. Oh ingredient list, whole grains, wheat, oat flakes, sugar invert, sugar syrup, barley, malt extract, salt, glucose, molasses, antioxidant.
Speaker 2: I just don't like it. I think it's pretty okay, Yeah, I know it's not pretty okay to me, I just don't like it. But I like aphrodity. That's nice to perve to send something.
Speaker 1: She sent to us. Another one too, which is exciting, and then we'll get to that in a couple of episodes. From now. Oh, you're planning ahead for a complete breakfast. Have your cereals with skimmed milk, a glass of water, and fresh fruit. That's what they recommend.
Speaker 2: Over the US, which is to eat it with an egg and toast and cereal and butter, two different fruits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and butter. That's interesting that a complete breakfast over there in the United Arab Emirates is water.
Speaker 2: Well, water is essential. I tell everybody to drink water.
Speaker 1: I don't drink water.
Speaker 2: I know you don't. You drink iced tea and then wonder why you're dehydrated all the time.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make any sense to me. If you take a glass of water and you put a tea bag in it, that's still water. It's just brown now.
Speaker 2: But tea is a diuretic, which means that you're constantly pain which means you're just dehydrating yourself.
Speaker 1: We have this argument all the time. You're supposed to pee from water it flushes you.
Speaker 2: Out, yes, but not from iced tea, which is just making you lose other things. You're an idiot.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, doctor Pog. I appreciate it.
Speaker 2: So you're so welcome. I'm happy you're taking my advice and they're going to start drinking water instead of iced tea.
Speaker 1: But is that it? I mean, I don't know. We're done.
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, I guess so. I mean, unless you have me send me any other bonus bags.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't. I'm going to overnight you some more stuff though. We'll do one more like this and then we'll have to figure something out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like skype.
Speaker 1: That's fine, but zoom I stuf to send you cereal though.
Speaker 2: Yes, you'll send it to me and then we'll just do it over skype er zoom, we see each other.
Speaker 1: I don't need it to see you. I meant that'd be great.
Speaker 2: Oh fine, you're being rude.
Speaker 1: Thank you so much for listening to Serial Killers The Weird Episode, episode ninety eight. I'm Scotty B here in New York City and.
Speaker 2: I'm Andrew from Morganville, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: Yes, isn't amazing how technology can connect us from New York to New Jersey?
Speaker 2: All right, you're leam all right?
Speaker 1: Thanks for listening to Serial Killers. Please follow us on social media at serial Killers PC. We appreciate you listening. We know things are still pretty friggin nuts, and thank you for coming to us for a little bit of relief. I guess can we say that?
Speaker 2: Yes? I think that's great. And you can follow and listen to our podcast anywhere, just like in subscribe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's all, and leave us some reviews because it's fun to read. I really like reading them. I just sit on the toilet and read the reviews and smile from ear to ear.
Speaker 2: Did not need that visual, but thank you so much.
Speaker 1: You don't like the picture of me sitting on a toilet smiling.
Speaker 2: So good on that? Thank you, though, with my phone.
Speaker 1: In my hand while wearing gloves.
Speaker 2: Yep, nope, all good, all good, Thank you so much, Crunch.
Speaker 1: Crunch bye, Thank you, Andrew.
Speaker 2: Do I to hang up the phone.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure. Is this our banter spot?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Damn, I feel like I want a contest.
Speaker 1: Was that really loud on your ear?
Speaker 2: Yes? My ear drum is broken? Thank you.
Speaker 1: I've been watching so much Chips the last couple of weeks. It's great.
Speaker 2: Not even surprised.
Speaker 1: Talk to later, buddy, Love you, Thanks for this ening, have a good day you too.
Speaker 2: Bye Bye.