Speaker 1: It's a scorching sports summer and you can make all your picks on Prize Picks. Women's basketball and baseball are heating up, and every football preseason game kicks off this month on Prize Picks. With big Tennis slams of major golf tournaments on the horizon, there's no better plays for all your summer sports picks than Prize Picks, an America's number one sports pick app. Speaking of the W, have you seen the spectacle of Minnesota's Olivia Miles, the best rookie since Candace Parker. She's super fun to watch and I've been putting her in my lineup basically every game. I can add her points in a sense to the same lineup. Then I'll add one more player and enjoy the nights game. Plus, I can stack a game winner spread or total from the W on top of the player's picks and get even bigger payouts when I'm right. One lineup, one app, All the Picks. Prize Picks is now available in all fifty states, including California, Texas, Georgia, and Florida. The biggest stars in women's basketball are in the heart of their season, and there's no better place to run your game on the w than Prize Picks america number one sports pick app, Vegas Baby, more and more and more download the app today. Use Coach Shannon to get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars lineup. That's Coach Shannon to get one hundred and fifty dollars instantly in lineups when you play your first five dollars. Prize Picks America's number one sports pick app.
Speaker 2: You ain't got no strip, got it? Welcome to Nightcap, Ladies and gentlemen. I'm oho. I don't need no introduction because you done heard it a million times. My co host Diwing there, Hey how many times all time?
Speaker 3: Seven times?
Speaker 2: Hey setime all Star. They call him Joe Isio Johnson. And the person that's not doing the talk for the night who normally does the introductions for the show is Shannon. Oh, I'm late a getting sharp. Outside of that, we're gonna have a good show tonight. Why we're gonna have a good show because we on Even if we do come on late, you know what's going to happen. We're gonna get it look fun We're gonna talk a little football, but you're gonna stay for the stories because they got some good ones.
Speaker 3: And damn, what's up on? You're good?
Speaker 2: I take take your time.
Speaker 3: Now, take your time. You waiting on you? We good? You're good. Take your time.
Speaker 1: Please make sure you hit that subscribe, but please make sure you hit the light button and go subscribe to the Nightcare podcast feed wherever you get your podcast from. We'd like to thank each and every one of you for your eyes is in your word of mouth, because none of this is possible without you. So again, thank you for your support and you continue support those looking at the purchase a bottle of Shade by Laportier. Head over to the Portierkangnac dot com to purchase you a bottle. If it's currently unavailable in the state or city near you. Here's a premium bsop Kangnac. The best tasting smooth is VSLP Kangnac on the market. Don't take my word for it. Try it compared against others and you'll see we have the best taste, the smoothest kangjac on the market. Please drate, responsible and be safe. The Broncos beat the breaks off the Falcons twenty seven seven, two of three or five twenty two passing yall zero touch down interception, Cork and Sutton had one, had a great one handed catch, and the Broncos around a ninety nine yard pick six back. Great side of things to come, bad side for things for you all to come, Joe, what man?
Speaker 3: But I had to do with that? That's your team? The dirty birds.
Speaker 4: Come on, man, I like dirty birds, don't get me wrong, But you know my team. You'm gonna stop playing the same thing will happen to y'all too. Now now we ain't we ain't going. What'd you think, Joe? Would you like?
Speaker 1: The two of the night? Three or five, twenty two yards? Not a whole lot going on. They didn't do a whole lot to begin with, But hey, what'd you thinking, Joe? You kick it off, Joe.
Speaker 4: It's preseason, Uncle Ojo, and y'all know it's more about these young guys, these roster battles and player development, bro and we're trying to see if the Atlanta Falcons can get some consistency on offense. It don't matter, man, if you got all these high powered ass weapons, but if you ain't got nobody.
Speaker 3: Who can get the ball to these dudes?
Speaker 4: Bro, Come on, man, come on man, I'm just saying that that first drive that first half an ojo. Y'all know the Falcons didn't score, Bro, they were scoreless in the first half. I thought, oh, man, but the Broncos looked great. I thought, Stidham and what's the name sayah hew that first drive? Oh steady. Them boys look good, man. They look like they got a good report together. So I don't know, man. You know, in Precs, especially the first game, it's always evaluating you, trying to see what you got, who can do what? And when them lights come on that popcorn start popping, Man, who gonna jump out there and do something?
Speaker 3: Hear me?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir, what you thinking on Joe? You saw tour come in. Not a whole lot, not many of the facts, deal a whole lot. Anyway, I thought the Broncos. Broncos looked really good the first half. They were outstanding, was up seventeen nothing at one point, look really good. I thought the Broncos played really well tonight. The starters and if you notice, O Joe, everybody playing their start or something, you know, because the last couple of years, everybody was kind of getting away from their starters play and it realized it was hampering them when they start the season because they didn't have no continuity. You could do all the practices you want to, but until you go out there and you play in meaningful playing. Look, I understand preseason is not the regular season, but I tell you what preseason is more valuable, and and and scrimmages.
Speaker 3: It's more more important than that practicing against your damnself.
Speaker 2: I know that for certain Yeah, well listen tonight. Obviously I didn't like what I saw from tour. He didn't look comfortable. He was jittery, he didn't look poised in the pocket. Obviously it's weird because of all the hits he's taken in the past. I would think he would be a little bit more comfortable and understanding. You got to be poors to be able to make some of the throws you want, you know, you want to make. Outside of that, I don't want to put too much into it because it is the preseason, but the preseason is the perfect time to show the improvements and how comfortable you are in the offense that you're in. This is a new scheme new regime, new players, new team, and if you're going to be the starting quarterback, you have to show improvements right now. You shouldn't be looking like this. And no, I know it's just a preseason game, but there should be some comfortability, you know, when you get understand and being in command of the offense. He just didn't look and command at the offense because he looked kind of nervous.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, well, I think obviously it's a new scheme, it's a new system, it's a new locale. I don't think in his wider's imagination when he's signed that big extension, O yoe, he thought in two years he'd be playing for somebody else. But that just goes to show you, and it goes to show you. They talk about what teams they got, They got a salary cap. They don't care about spending no money if a guy ain't paying it out. See, the problem is a guy ain't paying it out. They ain't got no problem moving on, no sub no. But y'all don't want me to move on. When I say I've performed the contract, give me my money, y'all cut this man, y'all owe this man forty something million dollars. We see y'all cut players, ow them forty fifty million dollars. Y'all ain't got no problem with that. Pay these people, these players their money. Players get your money. But uh, I like what I saw from the Broncos. I think and look, it ain't no secret they went to the AFC Championship game. I really really believe if they had bow knicks, they go into the Super Bowl. Not saying they win, but I do believe. I do believe if they had bow knicks. Last year, Oh yo, they going with us with Steady and they lost ten seven bow knicks, they winning that game.
Speaker 3: Go ahead, O yo.
Speaker 2: Ain gonna tell you something too. And I don't mean last year, but I'm kind of agree with you a little bit now. As great as Seattle the offense looked in a Super Bowl, it would have been a big difference going against the one that is, going against a Broncos defense. It would have been a whole whole beause.
Speaker 3: They could pressure the quarterback.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Hey, I don't know what the outcome would have been, but I'm just saying they match up. They match up very well.
Speaker 3: If you think about it, think about the job that New England did on Sam Brafford.
Speaker 1: He didn't have no outstanding They throwing the football od Joe kenn Is walking the third K nine rand the ball really really well. But I think the Broncos defense, I think me personally, I think the Broncos defense was better than the Patriots defense if you look at it top to bottom offensive, defensive line, linebackers, and secondary. I think the Broncos defense was better than the Patriots. But that's pining the sky. They didn't play both They didn't have both Nicks. They didn't get to the opportunity to play. It would have been great to see him, but it didn't happen. The Commanders beat the Dolphins twenty to seventh. Marcus Mario the injured his knee in the first quarter. None contact, never good. Malik Willis four or five forty three yards touchdown on the very first drive. Dolphins found their franchise. Oh Joe, do you believe the guppies? Do you believe they found their franchise quarterback?
Speaker 2: Hey, listen, let's be respectful. I believe they have found their franchise quarterback. Milik will look good in this first drive. But what I would like the Dolphins do is They're gonna have to improve. They're gonna have to improve because you're getting Milik Willis. You're paying the money and you win and got him based on what you saw him. Doh Green Bay and I said it for it. But you have to understand the personnel. You have to understand the supporting cast that he had in the receivers he had. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with the receivers that the Dolphins have. They need one dog, they need one dog. Obviously we have two two at well. We have a great supporting cast and receivers, but we need a dog. We need somebody where Malik Willik could go in the center. He could be blindfolded and he can be guaranteed that if I go in this direction with this ball, this indeviduent is gonna be able to make a play for me nine times out of ten. You need one of those. Now it's gonna be really is gonna be really tough in the AFC East. Now you got New England, got a bunch of boys that can go.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 2: We got Buffalo, got a bunch of boys that can go.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: So it's a little different and I mean the Jets.
Speaker 1: But yeah, the problem finish is that you're gonna have to match You're gonna have to match the Patriots offense. You're gonna have to match Buffalo's offense. We know those teams can put points on the board. Now they feel they have an even more explosive receiver and a j Brown with the Patriots. We don't need to even talk about with Buffalo because we know with Josh Allen what they feel and what they and how they think. So that's your probably defensively, Yeah, I think the Patriots defense is a little bit more formidable than Buffalo's defense, but I think Buffalo's offense is a little bit more explosive. Both teams can put pressure on your defense and force you into a situation where you feel like you gotta score and you sometime take unnecessary risk. But the Patriots defense, man, they're gonna be outstanding. Malik Willis is gonna have to play well, and I think you will. But I agree with you, O Joy. At some point in time, y'all gonna have to go get that man's weapons because y'all just don't have the five power. You don't have the arsenal to be what you think and who you think you are, and forget the division, because, yeah, you want to win your division, but you have the bigger aspirations of making you know, making a deep run in the playoffs and potentially getting to the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: I don't think you have. I don't think you have. I don't think you have the personnel to currently do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, But the funny thing about it is, I wouldn't want to forget the vision. I want to focus on the division and being able to compete in this vision and being able to get out of that before I even think about playing the playoffs, and that would be upgrading my personnel.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Listen, I like our receivers. I like what We've got a bunch of machine guns, but we need a fifty cola.
Speaker 1: We y'all got a fifty cow, but they got but one bullet in it. Yeah, so you're better help hope everybody is standing in a single five line. Other than that, you're gonna get to slam them up. Hey, I thought Malie Willis looked de finishing tonight. Okay, oh yeah, you know, in limited work, no turnovers. You know, he did his thing. But when you think about it, what about the backup quarterback play for the Dolphin.
Speaker 3: Quinn. What's his name? Quinn? Oh man, Oh my god, it was rough, bro, it was rough.
Speaker 4: I think Miami's first team offense showed a lot of promise early, but Washington's depth and they run game.
Speaker 3: They clearly took control of the game.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's the every everybody's trying to evaluate the second because look, you are you are you a quarterback injury away from being out of the playoffs.
Speaker 3: You can be out of the playoffs with Joe, or you can play.
Speaker 1: And if your quarterback is only down for say a month or so, can't he hold the ship steady and give you an opportunity to come back and pick up where you left off. Or are you gonna be and are you gonna be owing for if he misses a month, you're gonna be one in three and for all intents and purposes, your playoffs is over.
Speaker 3: That's the thing you try to avoid against.
Speaker 1: That's why you try to have competent backups, is that somebody that can hold a fort down. Until you saw Malie Willison was able to do that for Jordy Love, You've seen other quarterbacks do that for the starting quarterback. The quarterback goes down, the backup comes in, he holds it afloat Miami. Look, is it gonna be a struggle for Miami anyway? Ojo, Like, it's not like they got one of these, you know, top five quarterbacks, So it's gonna al way to be a struggle based on base just I think Malie Willis is gonna be really good, but based on that personnel, both offensively and defensively, they don't have the personnel that can afford to miss any of their key guys, let alone at the most important position.
Speaker 3: So that's what concerns me about them. I don't think. I didn't think q quinn Ewards was really good at Texas. He had moments. I will give him that. He did have moments, but the inconcit just to see cause you know, raise my eyebrow. I was like, Bro, you just not You're just not consistent enough for my for my fancy that Joe about Queen Hughes, because he was horrible today. Hell, he was horrible yesterday too, and the day before that. What here you mean today? I'm just speaking on the day. What I seen today. If you saw, if you saw the other day, in practice, it was just say hey done.
Speaker 2: I don't think people understand. I think they do understand. They I think people at this point, especially those that are watching football for a very long time, understand how important a quarterback position is. Now they understand why they command the kind of money that they do. And when you really have a really good quarterback, now you see why they make north of two and fifty million, three hundred Pat Mahome five hundred, you know, being able to win three super Bowls and such a short amount of time in his career because they're hard to come by. But they're hard to come by, man.
Speaker 4: Is the game has changed, king on your head. It was never like this at first because the run game used to be a hot commodity. Now that they took the running back pretty much out of it, you know, they don't have no value for real, for real. So hey, if you're paying a guy seventy million dollars, hey man, you're gonna have to step back and drop and throw that thing.
Speaker 3: I ain't finna hand it out. Put it in your belly. Head there that But.
Speaker 1: That's what happened, is that when they change the rules the way you could attack the quarterback Now you couldn't attack him like you once could. Now you can't attack the receiver like you once could. So now they playing, hm, oh it's basketball on grass. Yeah, absolutely, because you can't run it anybody. Damn right, That's exactly what it is. Because you running with somebody, they gonna call a fol over you. You used to be able to knock you a lot of people. You can't knock here a lot of people. You can't intimidate anybody.
Speaker 3: No more.
Speaker 1: Football was built on the intimidation. I used to be running that shall across. If you want to watch what.
Speaker 2: I do to you, Yeah, And a matter of fact, if you don't watch what I do to you, just get by there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let me hit you anyway, cause you should have call I'm here, So I'm hit you because you didn't catch it. And don't put this put the paint this picch in your mind that if you would have called it, that's what you'd have got. Quarterback, You got the same thing. Hit the quarterback in his head, you hit him in his knee, you hit him in the stomach, and do whatever. Now you got basically the size of it, the size of his number. That's where you can hit the quarterback and then O Joe I got to land on my knees. I got it, damn there, hurt myself to keep him hurting laying on the quarterback.
Speaker 2: Man, they got to I hate saying it be honest. I mean, I'm not sure if you're allowed to tell the truth or not. Be you know, being a Hall of Fame, you have to be careful with some of the things you do say, especially when talking about the game and its integrity, obviously protecting the shield. Do you like today's game or do you feel this water down a little bit? As opposed it?
Speaker 1: But I understand why they're not trying to have another billion plus dollar settlement settlement, so they're trying to clean it up. They know more now, they know about the hair trauma that comes along with it. They're trying to take the head out of the ball game. They're trying to make the game as safe as they possibly can. You're trying to tell you're trying to make an inherently dangerous game safe. I don't know how you make riding a bull safe because you're asking one hundred and fifty of one hundred and thirty one hundred and forty pound man to get on the back of an animal that weighs damn near ton and they're asking you to stay on his back for eight seconds as you drive spurs into his abdomen. How do you make? How do you make? I don't care what kind of harness you got. I don't care what kind of a face cage you got. That's a thousand pounds. That's a lot of force.
Speaker 2: Football.
Speaker 1: You got big men running into bigger men at a higher rate of speed. Guys are bigger, faster, stronger now do human body wasn't made to do that.
Speaker 2: And the funny thing about it think about this too, as players that evolved in technology evolved and players have gotten bigger, fast and stronger, the dimensions of the fields changed it.
Speaker 3: Well, no benches of state.
Speaker 2: So I mean, I respect the NFL with what they're trying to do and making the game safer, But I mean.
Speaker 1: You might want to condense it, O Joe, because do I want to make them feel bigger and let them generate even more speed? I don't want that collisions. Yeah, but Miami, y'all got some work to do. The Bucks beat the Jazz twenty four and sixteen. Bailey Zappi threw back to back, two back to two picks, back to back to back. Excuse me and rookie Clay Klubnick from Clemson five or seven fifty six yards over two drives. God damn Bailey. And remember they thought they Coach Belichick thought Bailey Zappe was better than Matt Jones. Remember o Joe the bench mac zone?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, yeah. Well listen, Matt mac mack wasn't playing well at the time, so obviously you have no choice but to go.
Speaker 1: But you got to realize what you took away from him. Remember you took Josh. Remember he ended up going to UH to the Raiders. Now he remember now he ended up taking you to the playoffs. He ended up he ended up taking to the playoffs. He made the Pro Bowl his rookie season with Josh McDaniels in his ear. Now you come back and say, you know what, I think, Matt Patricia and Joe Judge should be the offensive coordinator, two guys that have never called plays on the offensive side before in their lives.
Speaker 2: I think if I'm not gonna say I know.
Speaker 3: Joe Judge, Joe Judge was the special team's guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, you know special teams ain't got no hairdset, so he talking to people on the side. Hey, hey, so watch the old side come up, hey, come up, get back?
Speaker 3: What'd you think, Ojoe? What the bus gonna do? Ojo? Right?
Speaker 2: I know one thing this might be a good thing, the fact that they didn't that they didn't pay Baker Mayfield. They didn't pay Baker Mayfield, so he already he's already been playing with a chip on the shoulder as it is. Bounce listen, Cleveland, Carolina, Los Angeles, not read out now with the Bucks playing his butt off? You mean to tell me I'm not deserving of a new d paying me within let's say, maybe not the top five, but within the top eight players or quarterbacks in the NFL. That's how you feel about it?
Speaker 3: Respond? How you gonna respond? Boy?
Speaker 2: Listen by Joe. You took the words right out of my mouth, and he's gonna respond like you already know. I don't want to say it. You already know how he's gonna respond because he's already fighty as it is, he's already swim.
Speaker 1: He got two choices, O Joe. If I thought your answer in the water, what you gonna do? You either gonna see cause you're gonna swim. Those are only two choices. Okay, we're gonna see.
Speaker 3: I hope, so, I hope. So it's a look.
Speaker 1: I think the thing is is that at some point, to a certain degree, you have to allow a guy to be who he is. Joe Baker Mayfield's personality is what you see. Cleveland's like, we want to grown up. Well, he was a grown up. He just everybody ain't gonna be Peyton Manning. Y'all need to stop thinking everybody gonna be damn Peyton Manning and everybody gonna be Tom Brady and see if y'all and Drew reading.
Speaker 3: If y'all stop that, you'll be fine. Sometimes you gotta let you.
Speaker 1: Sometimes you gotta let a guy be himself as long as he's not disruptive, let him be if he wants to celebrate, if he's an emotional guy and gets the guys going. You might not understand it, but like the guy, tell yourself, what is it? I don't live with it, but it's exciting. Yeah, it's exciting. He's a winner. He won, He's won everywhere he's been for the most part, and guy's rally around him. And you just gotta stop thinking everybody's gonna be payt Manny. Yeah, you want your guys to be button up.
Speaker 3: Hell.
Speaker 1: Hell, I want my quarterback to win five m vps and have me in the playoffs every year with a chance to win the Super I like my guy to win seven Super.
Speaker 3: Bowls and been the division every year with a chance to win the Super. I would love that.
Speaker 1: But that's if it's unrealistic. Hein't nobody ever won seven Super Bowls before. Ain't nobody ever won five m vps before. So the likelihood of you gonna get you gonna get it so soon after it just happened. So you think, oh, yeah, yeah, hey, guess what we got the next Peyton Manning.
Speaker 3: No, you don't.
Speaker 1: And stopped stop old human. No, he don't remind you of No Tom Brady. Brady didn't remind you of Tom Brady. Hell, if they thought Tom Brady was gonna be this ono that they took it with the first pick in the draft, absolutely not. Tim Cows, Courtney Brown or whoever they took.
Speaker 3: It came aut in two thousand. So Tim Couch because I think Courtney Brown went No. Number One in ninety nine. Well, one of them because Cleveland had back to back number one picks.
Speaker 4: But anyway, yeah, hey man, it's hard to find great quarterback play in the NFL. It's only a few of them. Are oat your handful of them. I'm talking about really really good quarterback.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about teams who really feel like they really have a real chance and win the Super Bowl. It's only a few, bro, I'm talking about every year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every year. It might be eight, Joe, might it might be eight. It's thirty two teams. Yeah, and it's always a dark horse. It's gonna be a team come out of nowhere that surprises. Last year the team it really wasn't a surprised but but Carolina was able to Dude, when Chicago had, you know, was able to do last year that I said before preseason even started, Carol, what.
Speaker 1: You call with a dark horse? Seeattle was your dark horse. So, Joe, that's the team that came out of nowhere and ended up winning. Ain't nobody know?
Speaker 3: Uh uh? Sam Donald was gonna do that? Hello? Why not?
Speaker 2: Why would you not think he was gonna do that when he's going to a better team as opposed.
Speaker 1: To when he was in missispe and he went fourteen to three. But but the thing, what what do we see at the end. We see the last two of these games and then that playoff game. How did he look? Yeah, you're like, damn, somebody reminded. Somebody hold up a mirror and he had a jet jersey on and he's like.
Speaker 4: Damn, hey, But I think I think it helped Sam Donald too, the fact that he had a hell of a run game too, Yes, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And when you got them weapons on the outside, like he got.
Speaker 2: That bowl lights out, what jam was crazy?
Speaker 3: It gonna be crazy against you too.
Speaker 2: And then and added Rashid Shah and you got Cooper Cup and you got k Man. They were loaded, bro, they loaded.
Speaker 1: It makes his job, Yes, that man, he had a defense that was suffocating that gave him short bills that he knew that he knew if he didn't turn the ball over, the likelihood of them scoring enough points to beat us isn't very likely. And that's a great feeling to have. Now they allow him to, you know, they allow him to throw the football because he has outstanding Like you guys mentioned, he has outstanding wide receivers outside the numbers.
Speaker 3: But it's a great luxury to have to know that.
Speaker 1: You know what, if we scored seventeen and we don't turn it over, the likelihood of us losing this game.
Speaker 3: Ain't very ain't very good.
Speaker 2: Ain't having you know who else was like that? Your Broncos win? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh, you talk about you that. I said, I don't know about the Bronco You talking about hell because we average thirty.
Speaker 3: I don't know. I don't know what he was talking about.
Speaker 2: Joe, you have me Okay, yeah, I know, I know, But I'm just saying, you guys have a defense. Oh yeah, but yeah, yeah, yeah, seventeen were good. We'll take care of risk.
Speaker 1: H After Jade and Daniels team said l s u a cease and desist over the jersey the number five, Joe Burrow says he was promised by the Tigers the number nine wouldn't be touched.
Speaker 3: Let's take a listen to what Joey B had to say. I just heard about it a couple of hours ago. I don't necessarily have too many thoughts at this time. I just thought I don't know enough about the situation to have any thoughts.
Speaker 2: I would say, conversation not re issue, like you ever thought about that, like since you left? Like, yeah, they told me that they wouldn't use it again.
Speaker 3: But you know, you never know, You never know what happens. M Yeah, question too.
Speaker 2: Uh again, I don't know enough about the situation myself. Yesterday last night, I was just giving my honest opinion on what I may have thought may be happening any of us. Actually, no, you know, unless you talk to Jay and Daniel, unless you talk to some of the staff and the people at LSU. We all are forming an opinion based on what we may see on Twitter. Do you think Joe Burrow is at LSU two years or three? Because I know so he had two. Do you think it has anything to do with Jane Daniels.
Speaker 3: Not being there that long?
Speaker 1: What Jane Daniels From what I can deduce, Jane Daniels Brian Kelly, when the gentleman that was supposed to come to LSU pick it was supposed to get number five, Brian Kelly reached out to Jane Daniels. From what I can gather, Jane Daniels was not amilable to him getting the number. Brian Kelly said, where you go here go number three. Okay, Brian Kelly loses his job income Lane Kiffin, Lane Kiffin, Brian Pickett's. Pickett says, Lane, they promised me number five when I came here. Here you go, they give number five? See Lane, O Joe, what do we always do normally where the jud and GM comes in? He normally what brings this new coach in? What they promise you?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 1: What that guy probably he didn't promise you that. The old regime promise you that they're no longer here. We don't have to abide by what they said. Now, I'm just telling you what happened. Like I said, when they retired my number, they put the number up. The old president said, mister sharp, that number will not be touched again. The new president might come in and somebody want the number and say, hey, here you go.
Speaker 3: What am I gonna do? I can't do nothing. I don't own the number eight The school.
Speaker 4: Does, right, absolutely, Hey, but I mean, do y'all think do y'all think they made jayde Daniels promises like they did Joe Burrow. Joe Burrow said, they told him you know nobody but you heard what he's saying. But you never know, like I said, But I'm saying, but did they tell But did they tell jayde Daimes that too?
Speaker 3: Though? Probably? But who told him?
Speaker 1: If I ain't there no more? I told her, I love you forever. That's what your old husband told you. That's what your old boyfriend told you. Dang what I told you, right, I'm Luther bad George. I told you I would love you only for one night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, Hey, I don't mean to me honestly. I mean, it isn't just a number. It isn't just college you played at LSU. You played, you played it, I mean you played Arizona State. I think now I really wouldn't look too much into it, because now you're in the NFL, You've become much bigger than just that number five. In general, you become much bigger than you know. You represented an organization, You're the face of a franchise. And listen what they're doing back at LSU. To me, to me, I I can't speak for him. It just would concern me now because I'm on to bigger and better things.
Speaker 3: My true child. I mean I think that for me.
Speaker 1: Has a person that has his number retire, My brother has his number retired at the University of South Carolina, and guys have.
Speaker 3: Come in and asking.
Speaker 1: My brother said no, basically unless you share in the sharp, that number ain't coming down for anybody. And uh, he didn't come here, so I don't have I don't answers.
Speaker 3: No. Somebody asked me, no, No, make your own number I made. I made.
Speaker 1: I made number two in Savannah State. I made that number. Nobody had number No. I don't remember nobody having number two. Because what I because I told Coach Davis likes what number you wanted? He said, you can have any number you want because I wasn't number three in high school because my brother was number three in high school.
Speaker 3: So I wore number three my my.
Speaker 1: My sophomore junior senior year because I had number nineteen when my brother was that he had number three. Then once he left, I got three. Once I got some, Coach David said, what number you want? You want number three?
Speaker 3: Son?
Speaker 1: I said, nah, I want three. Coach I said I want two because at that time my brother had number two. I ain't want three no more. So squirrel ended up Squirrel. The guy opposite the wide receiver opposite to me called it the squirrel. He ended up taking number three, But whatever number watered, I was gonna get because I was gonna make that number what it was.
Speaker 2: Hello, but number one high school, you was.
Speaker 3: The sorriest number two ever the.
Speaker 2: Noy.
Speaker 3: Hey what number you were in basketball? When you was in high school? What was your number?
Speaker 4: Four?
Speaker 3: The three number was too small. I couldn't fit in that, Joe. Hey, That's how it was when I was in uh junior high school.
Speaker 4: You know, you get the junior high school you first started really playing sports for a school, It's.
Speaker 3: Like, man, you want a nice single digit number, but hell they two damn you know what I mean? But I could get that thing on my damn head. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, and then you got numbers based on like because by the time, like the high school, that's what. Okay, you got lard bird, doctor j you weren't get First of all, you weren'tetting. You weren't getting six. They don't get sick, but you had you could get twenty three or you get thirty four. Those were like the really really popular with twenty three and thirty four. Well, I was like, man, I guess I take this because I wanted thirty three, but somebody already had thirty three. Because lad Bird was thirty three. Lad Bird was my favorite player. Yeah, yeah, yeah, those probably the most popular number three.
Speaker 4: When I was in high school, AI had just came in the league in like ninety six, so I was in high school and boy, I'm talking about he changed the whole landscape of basketball, you know, because everybody wanted to war three.
Speaker 3: Everybody wanted everybody want to brave, everybody wanted to sleeve and wanted that cross Boy, you work. I worked on that cross over every damn day. O Joe, you hear me? What what they were getting ted and tatted up? That's it? Yeah.
Speaker 4: He When I was in high school, they're talking about some me and the guys on the team. They was like, hey man, we're gonna all go get our last name put on our arn. Man, he ain't get my damn last night.
Speaker 3: I know. Yeah, I don't need to remind him. No, I'm good. But yo, Joe, Joe, you might be onto something.
Speaker 1: What the Joe Burrow said that he was that they promised like, Okay, I'm not We're not going to give him nine outs. There's a chance there's an absolute chance that they made the same assurances to Jane Daniels hold up on even though even though Jaye and Daniels didn't win a nast did he win a Natty?
Speaker 3: He did, and Joe did make a big difference. Bro.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, Joe Burrow had the greatest had the greatest single football season for a college quarter ever. I said, look, you can make a case that he had the greatest college season ever, regardless of position.
Speaker 3: Me personally, I think it's Barry.
Speaker 1: You rush for twenty six hundred yards on Joe in eleven games, and when they don't count the five touches that the two hundred and twenty five yards on twenty carriers that you got in the Bowl, that man almost rushed for three thousand yards in twelve fing games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Hey, that's a that's that's special, Uncle Ojo. But them damn weapons Joe burn in LSU with chasing what's his name from ja jail.
Speaker 3: Hey.
Speaker 2: The funny thing about that that twenty nineteen LSU. You can probably put that offense against any of the best defenses Nebraska, the Hurricanes of the early two thousands, who else was good back then? The Florida States. You you put that offense up against anybody, and I think they'll be ab the holy You might.
Speaker 1: As to go back to the eighty Hurricane when they had Jay Buget all those guys, when you had Boogie, you had the Dandy Stubbs. But no, And so that Joe Burrow went undefeated. He threw sixty touchdowns, but he almost threw for six thousand yards. It was it was a it was an unprecedented, unprecedented season. But and I get look, I get what Jade Is said. Though Joe and Joe got like bro I wasn't the hospital ain't like we got seven eight like we got Okay, we got like Oklahoma, we got usc we got eight seven Eighthihlman Trophy winners.
Speaker 3: We only got three Yeah, Me Joe and Billy Cannon.
Speaker 1: And so I'm sure he's feeling some type of way about that. But the thing is the only thing is the person that promised you that is no longer a thing. And so that hey, true story. I did the same thing. I remember Mike came in. Now, I redid my extension. I got an extension in ninety three because I signed my deal uh in ninety two.
Speaker 3: It was two years, three for five fifty two years for five fifty oh Joe.
Speaker 1: So they told me, hey, Shannon, you played like we think you playing the way you're playing right now, we're gonna tear this deal up.
Speaker 3: We're gonna tear this deal up in two years. I'm like, okay, hey, what you mean then you gonna tear it up.
Speaker 1: So I ended up going to the Pro Bowl in ninety three. I first heat All Pro in ninety three. I go to the Pro Bowl again in ninety four. I'm what, I have eighty.
Speaker 3: Seven catches I think I finished.
Speaker 1: I think I finished like third in the league in AMC and catches that year over thousand yards.
Speaker 3: So you know what, Joe, I'm like, hey, hey, how about it?
Speaker 1: Go back?
Speaker 3: Get the table?
Speaker 1: Table table, table, table, table, table, table table.
Speaker 3: Where to God? You asked Mike Shelley what her to say? Mike?
Speaker 1: You know, hey, you know they told me, uh, they told me if I have a c A I go back to the Pro Bowl, they gonna tear the contract up.
Speaker 3: He's like, eighty four, I didn't make that promise to you. Hm, who.
Speaker 1: You know, Hey, I hit it, you know, I hear it with that blue I said, you know, Mike, I ain't coming here trying to hustle you or nothing like that.
Speaker 3: You know, I ain't got no GM, hat on or nothing. I ain't coaching nobody. You know.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying. He's like he's eighty four. A. If I get nobody there, try's gonna be trouble. Trouble. Hey, oh Joe, Joe, I said, Man, I ain't trying to hustle you or nothing, Mike, Man, I ain't. I know, I ain't no coach, you know what I'm saying. I know I ain't got no general manager hat on, I don't on the team.
Speaker 3: But I'm just saying. I was just saying what was told to me. Yeah, that said it's a you know what, as a matter of fact, this.
Speaker 1: How convinced we are. We're not gonna get you new Contrady. We're gonna try to trade your ass.
Speaker 3: He they did. They tried to trade me to Arizona. He go back and look it up.
Speaker 1: They tried to trade me to Arizona for me, Mike Pritchard and the fifteenth pick for Eric Swan.
Speaker 3: Trade fall through.
Speaker 1: Because they wanted more compensation and the rest is as they say history. Joe Burrow broke their sec single season record for touchdown passes and passing yards and eleven top ten wins in two years. I mean, you think about it. They beat they beat the breaks off Texas. They went to Alabama and beat Alabama. Uh, they beat the breaks off Clemson, They beat the breaks off Georgia, they beat them. They were beating the breaks off everybody. No game that they played was closed. The Alabama gave me. I mean, look, they were up fourteen and they ended up throwing a to or throw a touchdown eighty yard touchdown to Devonte Smith, made a seven point go ball game, and then I think LSU ended up running out the clock. But for the most part, that was the closest and that was looking at all the talent that was on the field that day. Look at all the receivers you had Waldall, DeVonta Smith, Henry Ruggs, and Jerry Judy. On the other side, you had Jeder, you had Jefferson. Look at the running backs that you had, Najay, you had Clyde Edwards, a layer. Look at the quarterbacks that you had. Matt Jones was on the field. Boy was a backup. Tour was a starting quarterback. Joe Burrow was the other starting quarterback. Hey Hey, Hey, Joe Burrow, he did a number on them boys in the Natty game. And what he had like touchdowns? Hell, he did a number on Georgia the SEC championship game. He did a number the man threw for that sixty touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Hey, matter of fact, hold on, now, I don't know who it was in the chat, but I saw your comment talk about that twenty nineteen LSU team. They would have stood no chance against Georgia, the Georgia defense in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: That's a lie.
Speaker 2: Hold On, man, I don't I don't think.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't think we understand exactly what team. You know, man, the boy that might be the best offense.
Speaker 3: It is, it is the best.
Speaker 1: Now as far as like offence coming back there, you gotta realize like Nebraska had, I mean, yeah, oh yeah, the old Oklahoma they used to average four hundred yards rushing the game.
Speaker 3: Won't yo.
Speaker 1: Wishball they run that? They run that wishball. Hey, ain't nothing like that ball When it wasn't that worthy bird option. They spent all the way around and come down the laugh keep that bag boy running back with hell back then.
Speaker 3: Everybody run the wishbone or the beer some off shooter. You know, uh, but that was that was great.
Speaker 1: It's just like but the only thing is is that by this, by this getting out, it makes it makes Jade look petty. I think people like bro you you Washington, You about to get a court, you about to get a deal for three hundred million dollars, and you're worried about somebody wearing a jersey.
Speaker 2: You think you think he's does you think money is involved in it anyway? His likeness, his image in any.
Speaker 1: Way I would, But Joe, let me ask you, Ques, Joe, they got your number and they say you know what, and you tell them saying, you know what, y'all can't use my name, image of likeness, and they say, you know what, You're right, Joe, We're not. We're finna take this twenty four down. It's hanging up in the raptors. We don't want nobody to look up there at it and see John's on the back of that. So we gonna take that down. And the pleasure that we got the Heisman Trophy winners. You're the one, you know what, We're gonna take you out of it. And we have the wall of fan for all the all Americans were gonna take you off of it, so we don't want to use your name image of likeness. See you see what I'm saying, how petty people can get Yojo. Now all of a sudden, you looking like Now, I ain't mean it like that.
Speaker 3: Right, I'm just saying. I just.
Speaker 2: It's tough. I hope both sides get to resolve and and respectful.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: I hope it doesn't have to go to court, even though I think the courts are involved now, really they gotta fix it.
Speaker 3: What the car is gonna do? You don't own the numbers journth that the school does.
Speaker 2: I mean you were listen, I'm with you when you're right. I just I hate that it's coming to this, and I hate that it's coming to this where you have a fan base of people on the outside that the LSU fans, and now they picking sides and you know, you know most of the LSU fans school Well, yeah, for.
Speaker 1: Sure, Troy Aigman will see some restriction to lead up to the Monday night football broadcast. The restrictions are the same as Tom Brady face for the past two years due to its part of ownership of the Raiders Eigman will have to remotely attend production meeting when the broadcast crew meets with the game head coaches and key players, and will not be allowed to to practice that team facilities. Egman spoke earlier this month about the conflict. The Dolphins are not expected to be very good this year. Uh, the Dolphins aren't expected to be very good this year. They're getting out of cap hell. So there is no Monday night game with the Dolphins this year.
Speaker 2: Madam, It's all good. We're gonna be all right. We're gonna be alright.
Speaker 3: What you think, what you think? You like? You like that, Joe.
Speaker 1: That the Dolphins ain't gonna be on the Monday night game. No that that that uh, Troy, that the uh you know, the restrictions that they are placed on on Troy.
Speaker 3: I must ob miss some of my bad. He can't.
Speaker 1: He has to be remote. Normally, what happens when you're gonna do a game on a team. You get to go there, you get to go watch practice, you get to talk to the coaches in person, you get to talk to certain players in person.
Speaker 3: He's gonna have to do it remotely. He's not gonna be able to attend practice. Why is that? Because he worked with the Dolphins, same thing as Tom Brady.
Speaker 2: He can't can't watch practice.
Speaker 3: He can't watch he can't watch team.
Speaker 1: You know how they used to come and they watch the game, They watch your Friday practice, they call your game Sunday. Brady can't do that Now Eikman can't do that. They have to attend remotely, so they can't watch practice. And when they talk that they're gonna be via you know cam what they call that, skype whatever they call it.
Speaker 4: Man, what's up with all that? What I mean, just because they got relationship with the team, that mean they can't that is correct? Man, It don't make sense to me. It means what mean what they're saying? Because they're front office people.
Speaker 1: Therefore you get you gain an advantage if you're watching practice, you gain an advantage if you're talking to coach.
Speaker 3: I mean, like, hell, but that's their job, ain't there? Yeah? It is. But you got what you want, you gotta give up one you want to be. You want to be what you want to be in.
Speaker 1: The Raiders, you want to be an ownership with the Raiders, or you want to be you want to do broadcasting with Fox you want to be Are you want to do a broadcast for ESPN or you want to help the Dolphins try to get out of cap Hell and be a better team.
Speaker 4: They say, you choose one. Yeah, eight Man and Brady making a boat load, you know from broadcast. Yes, I mean, I don't know what they're making as far as part owner, but I'm sure it's probably sustainab Well, I.
Speaker 1: Think they brought they brought uh Troy Own as a consultant. Brady has an ownership stake in the Raiders. With that said, we know, look, we know Tom signed the ten year, three hundred and seventy five million dollar deal. We know Eightman signed basically a nineteen you know, five years, nineteen million.
Speaker 3: So whatever that adds up to.
Speaker 4: Hold on, hold on, hold on running the back though by Tom Brady, what was his numbers again?
Speaker 1: Ten for three seventy five to commentate, to call the game. Yep, he's the color guy. Well that's the hell of a job.
Speaker 3: Though.
Speaker 2: Hey, I need to try my hand and color commentation.
Speaker 3: Yeah sure, why not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I actually got a probably I probably I'm like, damn.
Speaker 3: I curse to that. I mean that probably that will help.
Speaker 2: Would you say they're gonna suspend me show. It's gonna be exciting by be in that boot, put me in the put me in that boot. Watch watch what happened. It's gonna be exciting. I ain't gonna tell them what the hell. Ain't no telling what the hell I'm gonna say.
Speaker 3: Joe, Joe, it's gonna be something. I don't know what. It's gonna be.
Speaker 2: Something though, thank hey, I have everybody to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So.
Speaker 1: That's uh, that's what the lit's say. Look, if you want to if you want to do both, will allow you to do both. But these are the restrictions. These are the limitations that we're gonna place on you. And if you don't want it here to them, you're gonna have to give up one. But Brady, you know, Brady man, ain't nobody giving over the damn near forty million dollars year job.
Speaker 3: And to work twenty weeks of damn here, that's two million dollars a week.
Speaker 1: That's only he that's come on now, then, come on, hey, please, Joe, who give it up that kind of job?
Speaker 3: Chance?
Speaker 1: Y'all give it up that couind of job. Y'all get up a job making forty million dollars, uh, for twenty weeks.
Speaker 3: Ain't nobody giving that up? Yeah?
Speaker 4: If I don't know what's going on, I'm gonna make like I know what's going on.
Speaker 3: Hear me?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Hey what hey? Hey Joe?
Speaker 1: They give each with they give each Why they give me forty million dollars for twenty weeks? I won't say foot or ball? Oh man, it won't be no more night here forty million? Hey, Hey, welcome to another episode of Black Camp.
Speaker 3: Have your host?
Speaker 1: I sold Joe Johnson and this is my partner and co host from Liberty City. Hey, the Liberty City Legia. They call him the Liberty City little, y'all, don't call him, call him liquor.
Speaker 2: Hey, you can't put that in.
Speaker 3: Ain't Ain't nobody gave you that kind of money?
Speaker 1: Man, I'm here with that cap. I'm here. I'm here like Chucky say, I'm here to the end. Hey, guys, I'm Chucky on the place why he.
Speaker 3: Used to be so togetered Chucky?
Speaker 2: Where Hey night, captain.
Speaker 1: Yeah nod, So y'all can see Joe Joe b one b, Joe b one b in the free in the free cap.
Speaker 4: Look, I still be in last place here if it's just being oh r here he got one two and I got he got he got the first two spots.
Speaker 3: My damn self.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Joe, I'm innocent, Joe. I'm telling any anything I'm doing this is from past experience, Joe. That's all I'm Joe. I'm old now, Joe. I can't I can't do none of that stuff I show you no more.
Speaker 1: Man. You know, the older, the older y'all get the freaking y'all get look at all hell he fit, whoa, whoa, what what I gotta do that?
Speaker 3: Joe? My black business, my bad on front? Now he quick, he quick, quick, tell Joe, why are you telling about business?
Speaker 1: You got to chill with that on Joe. But hey, chant, y'all see what y'all did. Y'all see how you put my business out there?
Speaker 2: My bad bad, Hey, Joe, Joe A nobody man. It's always the quiet ones. It's always the quiet ones.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, y'all see how Joe put my business out there? Quick, my bad, my bad, my band, I ain't gonna do it no more, my bad bad. Steve Smiths Senior says, your door Sanders has been getting less plays than DeShawn as he's slower to get the place going. Smittee says, I've heard that sometimes your door not running the same amount of plays because he gets to play in faster. He has to get the guys lined up. He's a little bit slower on that. Oh Joe, go to city to you first. What you're thinking, does that make sense?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, I mean when it comes to Smithy, I mean his credibility, you know, and with the people that he does know inside organizations, not just the Panthers in general. So there's probably some truth to it, and you know, in general, but that's something that's that's fixable, that's something that can be corrected. Obviously. That's the point of having practice, you know, get the plays in being able to call them fast and being able to make sure everybody's set up right before you go through your cadence, before you go through reading, reading, your progression and your defense, you know, you know, making your points and whatever you need to do once you as a quarterback, once you get to the line of scrimmage, just just tell all it is is telling the quarterback Listen, we need to speed up a little bit. You just Obviously the twenty four o'clock. They have the twenty four o'clock running in practice, the kind of gauge where you are when when players are coming in obviously, and it's also on the coordinator be able to get the plays in fast enough. So yeah, all of that collectively is intertwined between coach and player and not just not just your door.
Speaker 3: And maybe that's a.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's a development stage for for young fellowship, do you know, Maybe it's just something he has to kind of experience and go through. I think he'll get better, you know, as as as the season goes along, or or as his reps increase.
Speaker 3: Oho, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: You don't know the head space this young man is in considering the fact that he's coming out and competing day in and day out against the Sean to try and see who's gonna end up being a starting quarterback. But I don't, I mean, I don't, I don't make I don't see no big deal in it. But I'm like you oo, I take what Steve Smith says. You know, it's it's respectable. Yeah, it's it's tough.
Speaker 1: He's still a young quarterback, Yeah, trying to figure this thing out, trying to be trying to be perfect. And the thing is is, like most quarterbacks, they feel that they can go in there and play the game, be free. He knows he can't make mistakes. It's hard playing like that. It's hard. It's hard when you're under man and you know, if you make a mistake, O, Joe, that might be the difference in Joe, that might be the difference in you.
Speaker 3: Hell, you might not see the field again. Thanks. Yeah, but.
Speaker 1: It's that's that's a tough that's a tough position to be in. You definitely got to get the plays in because that clock starts and if they they're slow.
Speaker 3: Getting the ball in.
Speaker 1: He was like, if you notice, like Mahomes, as soon as that plays, soon did somebody get tackled? He over there doing this right here, Come on, give.
Speaker 3: It to me, not damn.
Speaker 2: Hey, Joe, he gonna the place still going on.
Speaker 3: He liked this.
Speaker 2: Ye, give me the next give it, yes, because some time you get in time to see everything in front of him.
Speaker 3: He not rushing, not rushing.
Speaker 2: So anytime a quarterback can get that officer line up early and you got fifteen seconds on the clock, that gives you plenty of time to assess what you need to not only offensively making sure everybody's in the right place, but also seeing.
Speaker 1: Defensively any audibles that I might need to make. Any adjustments that I need to make, I can make those in the time of the matter, because the last thing I want to be doing I'm getting to the line of scrimmage with ten and now by the time I get set up, I send the guy in motion.
Speaker 3: I might want to make an adjustment.
Speaker 1: I can't make it a damn adjustment because you didn't get to get the play in till fifteen seconds. By the time I got it and called it and we broke the huddle, it's nine ten seconds. By the time we got to the line, it's seven six six seven seconds. And now you want me to go through blue seventeen, blue seventeen, going to motion.
Speaker 3: Time out? What happened you?
Speaker 1: Your slow ass took too long to get the damn playing. That's what happened. Hey, hustle up here, Hustle to the line.
Speaker 3: Hustle to the line.
Speaker 1: But because of the offensive coordinator, basically, you don't really get a chance to enjoy the game, won't Joe. You call the play, you might look come and see what they here. You gotta be in your call sheet to see what it is. Hey, if somebody feed you what what down is it? Second and five? Second and five second to five? Now you're going to the second and five call sheet? Okay, yeah, uh run red right red right uh z short two jet FLAKEL driver red right to jet z short two jet FLAKEL drive on one ready break?
Speaker 3: What down is? What down? Is it? It's close? Is it the first? Is it the first? Damn it? Yeah?
Speaker 2: What do you mean?
Speaker 3: You think it's a fumble? Is that a should we challenge it?
Speaker 1: They got a hundred They got a hundred things going on, so it's not either quarterback just think they just call the play. When they try to get everything situated, they try to ay, what's the dot to Hey, can we get a measurement? No?
Speaker 3: Man, come on, we get a measurement. That's closed. That's close. That's a first down.
Speaker 1: But I'm just trying. I'm just trying to get to stop, trying to get him stop the clock. I know they ain't no damn first down? That ball the Dawn Foot Show.
Speaker 2: My favorite story under Joe is when I was in New England and another reason I got a better understanding on why they why they win so much, why they're so consistent year in and year out, is when it comes to practice. Everything was perfect. Everything was perfect, and you had to go consecutive plays without messing up or you'd be starting over. Not practice in general, but that specific period, you know, period in twelve plays, but um ten twelve they got to be perfect.
Speaker 3: Remember one time.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna tell a whole story, but I'm just gonna tell a little bit of it. And I think I told you before. But Bill O'Brien his mic wasn't working. The call, get the player, just like all right now? And Tom and Tom, I can't hear give me the play again? And Bill said the player, I mean not Bill. Bill O'Brien said to play again, and Tom looked again and said, give me the god damn play. And boy, Bill O'Brien, man, I gave you the f and play already.
Speaker 3: Well, I didn't ever get it.
Speaker 2: And boy he Uncle Joe him and Tom going back and forth.
Speaker 1: I'm like, you intermedi any time coachin Belichick. No, they'll figure it out, hey.
Speaker 2: And Belichick got his whistle around his finger doing like this. I'm like, okay, it's normal. We started the period over. They got the mic working. We went through all twelve plays and every last right, Hey, hey, that was that was you don't I don't you didn't. I didn't see anything like that.
Speaker 3: No, no, hey, O Joe Brady the man greatness on O Joe and Joe. That's how they were.
Speaker 1: That's how it wasn't there, bro, Joe Ellis GiB Hey getting no getting the f and huddle. I'm like, hold on, why are you telling TD cut back? I was like, TV, why you listening to him? He ain't running no running back? Shot the f up eighty four? How you gonna tell? How you gonna tell? TV? He's just the best running back in the game, and you telling him what he should have done? Man, get your old last night this huddle did He threatened me with sixteen power because that's the only way to get me sixty powers basically against the overfront. That mean I gotta block that big, big gas defensive end by myself. Joe, Hey, let me say, yeah, that's the work. Oh yeah, the sixteen power. I called House, Hey, House, come get this one right here. My Neil little son, my Neil little sore. Hey, ain't six power?
Speaker 3: Then? Ain't I look that big d with that bad oh boy. Yeah, Hall Fan and Jr.
Speaker 1: Had high praise for Brown's rookie Denzel Boston and Casey Concepts.
Speaker 3: You on.
Speaker 1: Uh, you could definitely tell night and day difference in the weapons. You can tell that them boys are special. Honestly, it makes me work even harder because you get to watch them work so hard, just kind of building off each other, off rip Casey concept. You on the Denzel Boston or some go getters, they go get they go and get it done. They go out there and execute. You can talk about Denzel in my mind, he has the highest ceiling. I'm watching him and I'm like, that guy's somebody special.
Speaker 3: Case too.
Speaker 1: I didn't know how he was that fast. He can move, he can jump too, great ball tracking skills.
Speaker 3: Oh Jo.
Speaker 1: Remember we had Ksey on, a guy that's worked his way through a speech and pet Joe uh uh uh. We had him on last year. He had a speech impediment and we finally got him to open up. We started making some jokes and he was having a good time, but he was hey. We watched him at Texas A and M We got an opportunity to see him a couple of times because obviously, uh, Texas A and M was a good team that were on a lot. We also had Johnny Manziel. But uh, that's that's how I praise the two rookies. And that's what you gotta have. You gotta have guys that can go get it done because for so long they've been ineffective in that area. Oh Joe, they need they need playing. You gotta have playmakers there all that other stuff I know you gotta have, but you gotta got guys that you can put the ball up and they gonna make plays. Put the ball in his hands and let me go make a difference, let me be a difference maker.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think the last time that Browns had a difference maker with yes, for sure.
Speaker 3: I don't know what.
Speaker 2: I don't know what year that was.
Speaker 3: Joe.
Speaker 2: You ever seen Josh Gordon play?
Speaker 3: Yes? Oh my god, he was special. Hey. I like the fact that he said, those young guys make him w work harder. Bro.
Speaker 4: You know, when you got good talent guys who come in ready to work, ready to prove themselves. Man, he can rub about some guys that you never would even imagine. You know what, I mean so for him saying, like to see them guys how hard they work and how fast they are, it makes me work harder. Like I enjoy hearing stuff like that, because a rookie can motivate a guy who's already been in the league or a betching guy that's been in the league.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like Hal Fanner Junior's game. I think he has I think he has the potential to be really really special. I think he can be really really really good. He had that kind of he showed some promise last Yeah, I can run, can high point the football, great runner, you know, great transition, can get in and out of breaks. That's what I look for as a tight end. How how seamlessly does he get in and out of breaks? How well does he transition? All the other stuff I can teach you. I can teach you that other stuff. I can teach you, you know, the concentration and catch the football. But if you can't get in and out of breaks, if you choppy, if you tell Tipping Ross off.
Speaker 3: Hey, do y'all think that's why they let what's his name in Joku? They let? Is that why? That's probably why he let him go. Yeah, he was injured a lot.
Speaker 2: That you go unless they know the person behind you is gonna be able to fill the position and give you that same production or even more. And they got damn. Oh yeah, they came to the Cleveland Browns outside of your door being in bright spot that everybody wanted to watch. He was a bright spot when the cane and production and make the play weekend and we got until he got And.
Speaker 3: He's probably a whole hell of a lot cheaper too. Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: On the rookie contract. Look, the rookies that that that that Cleveland had, they played really well. Remember the linebacker was defensive player, the defensive Rookie of the Year. Oh Joe swearing I think it's swear swearing Jr.
Speaker 3: Or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think he was different. He was defensive Rookie of the Year. Hallw fan and Junior was unbelievable. Your door came in and when he got an opportunity to play, he played really well. They got they got some guys that can that can hopefully make some plays. And now they got to the drafted two more guys. Uh, they need players. I don't give damn who the quarterback is. You better have somebody that can throw the ball to and can make it happen, because that's what the football is. It's about, Hey, putting the ball in your playmaker's hand and let them make plays.
Speaker 3: The sooner I can get it to you, the better off i'm gonna be. Hello.