Speaker 1: I have more hair on my face than I've ever had in my life. I'm growing everywhere, Like I just sit here and pet my fur.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm petty Cowie. Oh my god.
Speaker 1: Calm Down with Erin and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Welcome everybody to the Preaking.
Speaker 1: It's been a minute. You've seen one another. I've missed you you I would to do calm down. I saw you was in Montana. We have to go on vacation to see one another, and we've missed all of you. We apologize. We have had life things happen. So we are back, and so is in Sync, which leads us to our first question. Anna, Oh my god, how blonde can I be? I did just get my hair done? Ok?
Speaker 2: Great, a natural?
Speaker 1: I am not a natural, Rise says in Sync is back, discuss not to be confused with backstreets back.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, I don't I guess they're back.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Justin we were listening to his album in Montana. I saw that they performed together. I would go to that. I can't wait for us to go to see Justin. When may we got to figure that out. We have a lot of concerts were supposed to be going to that We hid two circles, really marks marks the spot, write it down in sync. I was definitely more of an in sync person than Backstreet Boys, although in high school, my high school, not my long term high school boyfriend, but my last little fling of a high school boyfriend.
Speaker 2: He was older, he was a senior when I was a sophomore.
Speaker 1: But he was one of the Backstreet in like the school talent show thing. He was one of them that performed and he did like a whole serenade. Shout out to J Lewis. Was J Lewis up to these days? He was a great construction worker. This guy he could fix anything. In fact, I could use him at the ranch. Jay Lewis, are you available for hire? And he can sing to you as well. Favorite in sync song.
Speaker 2: Bye Vibe.
Speaker 1: I mean, I mean, I'm not always one of those people that I never know the name of the song.
Speaker 2: This, I promise you. I mean really him.
Speaker 1: Shit, wow, lifestyle love songs. Oh my god, this brings up all kinds of emotions for you. What was his name? Oh no, no, I just I love when jay Z or not jay Z JC and Justin They hit their parts obviously dirty pop or dirty bird pop pop, dirty pop pop pop.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: I feel like Kendron and you both knew the dance too, Bye bye bye for sure you did? Okay, love those boys? Next up girl, Okay? Anonymous, Yes, it's been a minute. My fiance and I decide I like to read anonymous with this kind of like tone. My fiance and I decided to have a small, private ceremony with a larger reception. After now people are upset they weren't invited to this ceremony. How do you respond? You don't who wants to go to a ceremony? And I'm sorry, I want to go to yours, Chris, after no one wants to go into yours. And it was hysterical. It was a vow about the guests that were in the audience. It was really funny.
Speaker 2: Oh no, they're so ridiculous.
Speaker 1: You know what, Actually, I think this is a as someone that's had two ceremonimonies and no one was invited, I think this is a great way to show why those people shouldn't have been at the ceremony to begin with. Like, if they're going to get upset about that, then they're not good enough friends. By the way, I would be thanking anyone that was like, hey, yo, just show up for the party.
Speaker 2: Let's get the promises. This I promise you.
Speaker 1: I will not make you go to the nuptials, only the after party. I see this with all due respect to all of my friends and even yours. When I'm praying there's going to be a wedding for you, I want that, but I would rather cut to I would rather go pregame while you're getting married.
Speaker 2: And then see you at the post. You know, I don't.
Speaker 1: Hey, I got here's the only nuptials I will be doing. I don't stop it. I'm never getting married again. I will have a party, though we've talked to great this. Yeah, we will have a party. You pick the venue, tell me what day it is, and I will show up. But I ain't doing any of those other things. Third time is not the charm ladies and gentlemen, you know, and I disagree.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna keep working on you and this I promise you.
Speaker 1: Okay, you and I have a better chance of getting married before I get married again to Steve, God love him. It has nothing to do with Steve, all right, we've got Dennis Kovechy. By the way, this should be a game us figuring out those names. How to deal with jealous insecure women? Who's dating your platonic guy friend? How to deal with jealous insecure woman who's dating your platonic guy friend? Oh, like the new girlfriend's jealous of you?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Wow, and you're like good relationship. I honestly, how come I'm not getting it?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? Who's jealous?
Speaker 1: So your best guy friend, okakay is dated platonic, she's insecure and jealous.
Speaker 2: Of your friendship?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you got to ditch that chick.
Speaker 1: You know what I started doing playing it up? Of course you do late night sending, not even what's up? It's me thinking about you.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I feel like I'm trying to think if I had a situation. Yeah, I mean I think that if if you're not secure enough with your boyfriend to have girlfriends, that's a problem because I want Steve to have girlfriends. Because I'm thinking to myself, Yeah, I'm thinking myself if you mean late at night? Seriously, I'm jealous of you and you do. I think you text Steve and call.
Speaker 2: Him more than me and you don't answer me. I call him, where is she that son?
Speaker 1: And I love that I love I think that that's a fantastic relationship to have.
Speaker 2: Where your girlfriends?
Speaker 1: Actually, I'm going to stay on track here because I could go on a whole tangent about this, but as it pertains to this, I want Steve to have girlfriends because if I don't trust him to have a girlfriend, that he can't keep his in the pants and like not want to just jump every woman he sees, well, then we have a bigger problem.
Speaker 2: You should be able to have.
Speaker 1: Like if I was, I don't go through his phone, but if I ever wanted to, he would give it to me. If I saw girls names, my first thought is not like, oh my god, he's having an affair. My first thought is, well, I didn't know that Hillary worked for you, like I wouldn't. My first thought is not like I don't know to answer the question succincly, which is hard for me. Sometimes I think that's a huge I think that's a massive red flag. And if it's a brand new relationship, then talk to her and be like, Hey, if you're going to have an issue with this, then this isn't going to work out because I'm not getting rid of my friends or getting rid of anything just because you don't like it. Like my lifelong friend, I'm going to have to leave because you're insecure. No, I think it's hard saying the word succincly. I yeah, I feel like at first I'd be difficult to deal with, and then I would have a flat out conversation with him and be like, listen, she's got an issue with this, Like we're not even together. I think you should talk to her, maybe you take her out. But I'm just one you and then I are also people on the other side of this. Think about how many men we talk to in our lives, Like I would say it's ninety percent men in our phones, as for all the guys that we work with or whatever it is in our lives that we have the majority of men. And if we had insecure significant others, that would be a massive problem. So conversely, I think you gotta either you got to nip that in the But I'm also wine in the bud or butt bud, yeah, bud succinctly. I'm also one that, if you know, prime example, I like to be friends with everybody within the family. So like, I'm on so many texts with Kevin and Rachel Burkhardt and I'll text them Kara and Greg Olsen, so I'll text them together.
Speaker 2: You know, I like to add Jarrett to it.
Speaker 1: Maybe you start a text Shane with the three of you guys, or that's an idea, so to show to her she's not really missing out.
Speaker 2: The jokes. Aren't that funny? You know what I mean? I think that's a good idea, good advice.
Speaker 1: Okay, Strath monster, can we please talk about what age you have to stop worrying about, stop worry about and acne at the same time. I don't know what that means, but I stopped reading after acne, and the answer is forever, if you're us forever.
Speaker 2: I had this right here. Good thing? Is that a mole? No, it's not a wal Cyndy Crawford, it is it?
Speaker 1: Although my face has gotten a lot great better because guess what, I'm not picking as much and I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 2: I'm just gonna say it.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting as many facials and I love a facial. I think that facial just brings it all out. So I mean, don't get a magnifying glass around this face. But right now, if I'm not in there digging and I'm not in there extracting everything, everything's just laying dormant. Again, if we did a scam on layer four, it might not look good.
Speaker 2: But I don't know. I think I've for the most part, grown out of it.
Speaker 1: But I get like, yeah, I get this jawline stuff a little bit here, there spara lactil. No, you know, I'm the biggest proponent of the nantibiotic when it comes ounds great. That is something a dermatologist in Nashville for any of you that have had chronic acne your whole life. Me, I finally went to a different dermatologist in Nashville and she prescribed spar lactone and it.
Speaker 2: Changed my life.
Speaker 1: I don't take it every day anymore because I don't want to be on an antibiotic all the time. But when I see it flaring up, I go back into the old bottle and start taking some. It probably is expired at this point, but I just go back two years. You know, got two years in it's definitely expired. I haven't lived in Nashville in four so doctor's license, my doctor. You know training I've done. I am taking a pill for hair, not like neutrafl I'll say it, y yeah, and because I just like you know, we're giving our hair break and not styling it obviously as much as I do during the season, I have more hair on my face than I've ever had in my life. I'm growing everywhere, like hair just on my face. I just sit here and pet with her. You're just like, I'm petty cowie. Oh my god, and then I get I hate getting the derma flash out because that.
Speaker 2: Brings me out. So I'm here. You know what I do, and you know where I'm going.
Speaker 1: After this podcast with Jinga Linz, She's taking that box cutter straight to this face and straight to this Now. Hey, look, when you're a rancher and you come home, that's what you get forgot these hands look cold? I'm a worker, you know were What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: What do we got here? We?
Speaker 1: Okay, Robin Lane, you little cutie, probably not even your name, sports reporter in mid twenties. How do I put myself out there dating wise? When this job is a lot. Well, first of all, congratulations for living out all of our dreams.
Speaker 2: Who we're working for We'll tell everything.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, we got all the gossip offline, anonymous.
Speaker 2: How do I put myself out there?
Speaker 1: So I'll tell you this. Here's my advice on this one. Don't be in a rush because I thought that being in a relationship really early on professionally was going to be great for me because then I wasn't distracted and I had this you know, constant at home, and I married the wrong person. Then later in life, I married the wrong person again. But I think that give yours for me. If I had to go back and do it again, I would not feel like I just had to be with someone just to be with someone.
Speaker 2: I would let it happen.
Speaker 1: Naturally and date when it worked around my schedule because I was making and continued to make at times my job more of a priority.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to do a better job of that now.
Speaker 1: I think we both are, but it took at least until my late thirties to realize that. And obviously, if you want a date and you want to still have a personal life, I would just say make sure that you pick someone that is very secure, going back to our previous conversation, and understands that your job is really important because especially in your twenties. I mean, think about what we were doing in our twenties with our job, and they have to be open to traveling and being able to leave on a whim and all these kinds of things. So find a guy that is open minded and secure and also don't be in a rush in your twenties, right, but enjoy it too. I would just date. I mean, I'll be honest and say I didn't do a lot of it because I was doing three hoops games a week, two football games a week, two baseball games. I had a good time when I did it, but I wish I had done it more. I was literally married to the job in my twenties because I had this thought process that if I did as much as I could, then I wouldn't have to work a lot in my forties. Okay, so, yeah, you brought up a good point. They have to be secure in themselves with all the traveling you may have to do for your job. You'll figure it out really quick if they are or.
Speaker 2: Aren't, and just go have fun. Yeah. Yeah, it's not that serious.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: If I could do it over, I was too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I give off a lot of bad signals apparently, did you do they come back around and talk about.
Speaker 2: Them around away girl?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Somehow Yeah have told me yep, yeah, bamboo era and I was like, why did you know? That's not what I was saying or doing. Wow.
Speaker 1: But though I don't think those people are very smart either, I also think that we've tried to be too cool in so many situations. This just in I am so far from being cool.
Speaker 2: It's wow.
Speaker 1: The lighting where it right now on you is fantastic. Oh god, those people can either.
Speaker 2: A date on my rut.
Speaker 1: But I'm trying to be nicer to myself as you and I had this discussion with somebody at a dinner and I was thinking a lot about it.
Speaker 2: But anyways, we'll give an update on the rut.
Speaker 1: I'm okay for everyone is. I do think my hormones played a lot into it as well, but work also affected that. Whoa any who anonymous? What would you do if your boyfriend's husband, Steve came auntie because they aren't having bedroom time and he's not dead? Oh oh my god, Jared, is this for me? I'm kidding, joking, joking, that's not we're on his text chain. I would see him saying that to you. That is awkward.
Speaker 2: Okay, we need to go back to this.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of things that you can share with your girlfriend's boyfriend or whatever, but like this, come on, not that. And it's also a violation of like your friendship where it's like why are we talking about that? No, No, I don't need them, we.
Speaker 2: Need you need to go to her. That's just that's red flag.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because imagine if it comes back and she's like, I can't do the math today.
Speaker 2: Who his confessions?
Speaker 1: Like oh, so and so told me that, you know, we should be having sex more whatever, It's like, well, why are you having those conversations with my boyfriend? Ew? Yeah, No, that's weird that this husband husband that too. I mean, yeah, best friend's husband. You took a vow or you gave a vow?
Speaker 2: What is it?
Speaker 1: He ow?
Speaker 2: You're not going to that ceremony either, No, you're not.
Speaker 1: Actually you're going to the divorce proceedings as the witness, and you need to be a witness protection program. After she finds out that you've been talking to him that way, enough is enough enough and enough of the pre game. We love you guys. You can tell there's a lot to talk about. Join us for the full length episode. Lots to discuss. Aaron is okay, everyone, I almost wasn't fine last week and you don't even know this. We did an emergency security landing, had an episode on the plane. We'll get the more after the break. Calm Down with Aeron and Carissa is a production of iHeartRadio. For more podcasts from iHeartRadio, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcasts.