Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Girls Talk Boys Talk presented by Jigsaw Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Christie Scales, Aisha Morrison, Nicole Hutcheson and jess Navares.
Speaker 4: What it is?
Speaker 5: Welcome in the Girls Talk Boys Song presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: In the SWBC studio.
Speaker 5: I'm Nicole Hutcheson alongside Aisia Morrison and.
Speaker 4: Jess na Is.
Speaker 6: What it is?
Speaker 3: What's up?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And his color?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 7: It's so rainy outside.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the weather is gross.
Speaker 4: Some of those people that the weather affects you, Yes, doesn't. It doesn't affect you.
Speaker 8: It's making me a little little gloomy today. There's no sunshine, just raining. Was bright here, so sugar bread, I mean, this doesn't really feel like sunshine, but it has been raining all day, so it ain't even.
Speaker 7: Know we're standing in practice. I know it was raining all day.
Speaker 8: The commitments, the things I do for that floating deck picture still get hate.
Speaker 5: What did you notice from practice today? I mean, I know Malie Cooker he was limited. Did you see anything from him?
Speaker 8: I just saw him working with Britt on the resistance ropes, But that was really it. Practice was cut kind of short for what media could see because of the rain. It was coming down pretty hard and pretty steady, and so at that point they just decided to take it in. So when they took it inside, then we couldn't watch anymore. But didn't really notice anything out of the ordinary, if you will.
Speaker 7: It's just when the rain was picking up, they really couldn't do much.
Speaker 5: Well, yeah, we have some updated injury report. Zach Martin did not participate of course, thigh injury.
Speaker 3: Tyrone Smith still did not did not.
Speaker 5: Participate today as well back injury, and then Malie Hooker he was limited. Another one that stands out well, Yeah, rico'donda limited and yeah, everybody else full participant. What would what are the stakes for if this team has to.
Speaker 3: Play without Zach Martin or Tyrone Smith.
Speaker 5: I mean, those are two vets on this offensive line that we definitely need heading into this game, a game like this.
Speaker 7: Yeah, the good news.
Speaker 8: I talked to Zach in the locker room today and he said things look good for this weekend. He's very hopeful about it. He said, there's still a lot of work to be done. And my guess, my best guess would be, you're really not going to know until the Saturday walkthrough what exactly game projection will be.
Speaker 7: And we know that anyways, right, but I think.
Speaker 8: Your Saturday walkthrough, even maybe Friday, will give you a good indicator for both Tyron and Zach. I didn't get to talk to Tyrann. I did talk to Zach. Zach said he feels good, but if not. He praised the rookies and some of the younger players as well, and even some of the older players that step in. And so he named Tuma and TJ. Bass Is two of the guys, so chummy Doga, TJ. Bass Is two of the guys that really take advantage of every rep that they do get when you know both him or Tyrone aren't able to step in or they're taking the veteran rest days. And he just said it's all coming to fruition.
Speaker 7: Talk to TJ.
Speaker 8: Bass today. He said he's feeling good. If he has to step in, talk to Tuma today.
Speaker 7: Chuma said he's feeling good if he has to step in.
Speaker 8: So everyone's writing no matter what the situation will be with the offensive line, But the repercussions is those are your two.
Speaker 7: Veteran offensive linemen.
Speaker 8: Obviously nobody's going to go in there and make an impact like they can. But things are still set and there's more continuity than you would think with these backups coming in because they do get those veteran rest day practice reps.
Speaker 4: Yeah. For me, the biggest one that stands out is Tyron Smith. I think even from what you said yesterday, just in regard to TJ. Bass and him getting the snaps and stuff on these veteran rest days, I believe that you can he command that spot. But Tyron Smith, whatever his designation is, is going to be important for this team and what they want to do offensively, especially with passing and obviously up running the ball, which is something that I think they will emphasize on this game. I believe. I saw Calvin say that if he's able to practice on Saturday, that they feel like he should be good to go. There's time. Mike McCarthy mentioned that there's a lot of time left. I just think it's so He's so important. Although I do think Chuman those guys could come in and be okay. This Dolphins defensive line has some firepower. They have some guys that can get after it, and you're gonna need time to pass the ball and also establish the running this game. But I will say, Nicole, you act what stood out today at practice? And we didn't get to see a lot of practice, but what stood out is that they were in a paddent practice.
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's the last one of the season.
Speaker 4: Last one other season. To me, that tells me something personally, no podd practice last week. I actually asked some of the players, specifically Micah, what what's so good about the padded practices and he said it allows you to feel your fits a little bit more, especially as a defense. I think offensively padded practice helped, but I would assume that defensively it gives you a little bit more of an acclamation to maybe what the game is going to feel like and just feeling yourself feel feeling yourself shit a little bit and do some things. I do think it matters, and them having the padded practice today to me stood out and I feel like it does mean something that they did it today.
Speaker 7: I would say, how do I word this?
Speaker 8: I would say it was it's also based on their schedule, Yeah, because you have to keep in mind they have a Saturday game next week, and then you don't, it'll be Saturday or Sunday, so they could lose a day. So that was kind of the reason, the logic behind it.
Speaker 7: But I mean it could be good. What better day than today to do it? Yeah, I needed to do it.
Speaker 4: If that, If it's just scheduling, I'm happy that it fell.
Speaker 8: But personally, but to your point, they needed the pads today.
Speaker 3: Is this something that they did last year?
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, part of the CBA that they pushed down stuff and now the scheduling is different. They only are allot at certain a certain amount. I just mentioned a short week, and it's kind of the reason why they had to. I just think it's convenient that if this is how it's scheduled, this is how it fell. And again, I think sometimes as fans and stuff, some things matter to us that don't matter to the players. So I really wanted to confirm if padded practices do indeed kind of set the tone for a little bit, and it sounds like they do. Respond to that pretty well.
Speaker 8: And during the regular season, teams can only do fourteen padded practices and so you know, you have to divvy that up between this long season, and so that means you don't even get one per week at some point, and so it was a little difficult, even when you go back to that Thursday to Thursday stretch and that Thanksgiving stretch where you had the three games in twelve days, and so we knew there was one left, and yeah, it was.
Speaker 7: I think very important to Pat and Grats.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Sure, as we'll break down Cowboys the offense and Miami Dolphins defense in the second and third segment.
Speaker 3: But is there any.
Speaker 5: Hesitations from you all heading into this game at all from this team?
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean, again, talking to the guys in the locker room, they have a lot of respect for what they do over there defensively, specifically from the offensive side, but they have a lot of respect from what they do offensively and a lot of sandfra intendencies, a lot of the stuff that you've seen before, heavy motion. These are things that give any defense trouble, but they've given this defense trouble. So any hesitancy I have is the overall speed of that team and you having to figure out a way to how to counter that. But then also to this is a huge test, as I said yesterday, when you talk about the coaching, the coaching and just how the scheme is and again you've seen teams like this before. I'm looking to see how they adjust to this, and if they can't, then I think we will be having some other discussions on Okay, what's what's the likelihood of this becoming a problem later on. So my hesitancy comes from the scheme of this team and also to on both sides, defensive and offensive, and also to how they respond, how they adjust, and how they handle the speed of this team. I don't think you're going to see another team as fast as this one see how they do, and that that does give me a little bit of letting you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think.
Speaker 5: I think my hesitation is is will they be able to go on the road and start fast?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's that's something that we have not seen.
Speaker 5: And of course we saw last year how they got they trailed behind or really and that's been a problem for this team. Now, do they have the ability to go out there and get on board first? Of course, but I don't know that's something that I really want to see from this team, and I kind of have a little bit of hesitation for that.
Speaker 8: I think for me, it's I don't want to continue to talk about the same issues that have plugged him for the last year continue to come up right before postseason. That's what gives me hesitancies We're talking about the run defense again, That's something we were talking about this time last year, talking about penalty, self inflicted wounds, discipline. Those are things that you know understandably. So without Jonathan Hankins, the run defense obviously was going to come back up.
Speaker 7: So I'm not going to be too critical of that aspect of it.
Speaker 8: And hearing him talk about Mazzie Smith today, I think was really interesting in the locker room as well.
Speaker 7: He talked to reporters and.
Speaker 8: He gave really good side on what realistic expectations should be for Mazzie in his rookie season, even saying that himself, Jonathan Hankins didn't feel.
Speaker 7: Comfortable being in the A gap, living life in the.
Speaker 8: A gap until maybe halfway through his second season, he said, And so I think being realistic with where Mazzie is and that it's okay, and giving him that grace that this is a first year player.
Speaker 7: Yes he's a first.
Speaker 8: Round draft pick, but even Hankins said, like, there's a lot that goes on in this position that you don't just pick up right away, and that's okay. He said, I didn't even do that, you know, And so I think that's kind of an issue.
Speaker 7: But now that Mazzi has in game reps, he has his.
Speaker 8: First start under his spell that I really am interested to see how he responds and how he took criticisms throughout the week and how he took his critiques comes Sunday and then self inflicted wounds. I really want to see less of that. I want to see less of that every week.
Speaker 7: But pen so big last week.
Speaker 8: Right, No more explosive plays, do not allow the Dolphins to extend their drives. And then I just overall I think something too is I want to see the Cowboys defense really contain this Miami Dolphins offense on third down.
Speaker 7: I think that's gonna be a really big thing in this match.
Speaker 4: And to your point of, well, you can't start fast. They try to start fast us, but you get the holding, you get the you get those things happening. So in order to start fast, they're gonna have to be clean. They're gonna have to be disciplined in this game. So yeah, absolutely we're gonna take our first break.
Speaker 5: If you're watching Girls top Boys talk, present my Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: We'll be right back.
Speaker 9: We know that juicy, cheesy, grill to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing. Pepsi baby, the yin to this burger's yang. Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the butt, and every sip of that crisp refreshing.
Speaker 7: He is cold Coola a journey to footopia. Burgers better with Pevsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper. Because it's personality that matters. The most not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 8: Twenty twenty four NFL Pro Bowl Games are taking over Orlando and the roster is up to you.
Speaker 7: Cast your ballot for.
Speaker 8: The twenty twenty three excuse me, twenty twenty four. Hello, the new year is coming. Games and vote and send your favorite Cowboys players to compete in the Ultimate AFC Versus NFC Showdown this February. Vote now at dallascowboys dot com.
Speaker 4: Slash Vote twenty twenty three just gone up and.
Speaker 3: Gone up, and times in fell rail so fast.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they said that twenty twenty four off off, totally off subject. They said that there's been several psychologists have said that, like our perception of time is skewed because of COVID. Oh yeah, and so because I just feel like I can't get my legs under me, I'm like, what it?
Speaker 4: It was just November.
Speaker 8: It kind of well, and especially during football season, it's like January's a little bit more fast paced, February, March little more fast paced. April you have draft, and then May, June, July kind of a little slower until training camp really picks up. And then August, September, October, and December all mashed together, and you're.
Speaker 7: Like, what is going on?
Speaker 2: Days?
Speaker 5: So just like flying like I literally forget the day of the week. Sometimes happy Thursday?
Speaker 3: And is Saturday?
Speaker 7: Well, y'all are my witnesses. I always ask Jesz what day is it?
Speaker 4: Reads na this year to do fly by fast?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well but thank God for another hello. Yeah, I'm grateful, grateful.
Speaker 5: All right, ladies, it's time to dig d dive into this Cowboys offense, Dolphins and Dolphins defense. Of course, the Cowboys only one offensive touchdown against the Bills. Taken on that, Yeah, I cannot do that, taking on a very talented Dolphins defense, and of course, pretty.
Speaker 3: Much teams how they're looking at.
Speaker 5: The blueprint of beating the Cowboys offense or containing them is run defense, run defense, run defense. Let me get the point one more time defense, one more time defense?
Speaker 7: Please, he's just sick of me, ya.
Speaker 5: But no, for real, This Dolphins defense is six and rushing attempts allowed fifth in yards per attempt allowed. Teams have not been successful in running the football. Huge test for Tony Poller, but we saw some big runs from him last week against the Bills. What are y'all looking to see from this Cowboys offense?
Speaker 4: Yeah, as cliche as it may sound, you could really have the same I don't know what their game plan was last week, but the notes that I had last week and the way that I expected for them to attack this defense, the Bills defense, it's kind of the same way you should attack this Dolphins defense. And in regards to the run game, they haven't allowed. They've only allowed over one hundred yards yards rushing in the last five games. One. They've only allowed one game where they had over one hundred yards rushing in the last five games ninety three against KC, thirty six against the lost Vegas Raiders, twenty nine against the Jets, and eighty three against Tennessee and that loss. Yeah, these gentlemen rally to the ball really well. They run too high show, which is what the Bills do at a very high clip. Second, most of the NFL, they want you to play with everything in front of you. They're betting on you making a mistake. If you have big plays, you gotta take advantage of them. I'm really looking for this, this screen game and stuff to get going for this offense because they do have aggressive ends that you can catch off kilter. We saw a down down tick of motion last week. Did anybody ask did anybody ask if there was a reason why there was a It was a huge plummet in pre snap motion last week.
Speaker 8: I was it was so I didn't Yeah, I don't think anybody asked CD.
Speaker 7: I walked in a little late to Dak.
Speaker 4: I don't mean to put you on the spot.
Speaker 8: You're good, No, I honestly, room days, it all kind of meshes together in my head and have to go back and listen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just wondered if McCarthy addressed it either, because it is. It's a problem. It's a problem when your presnat motion and stuff just goes away when you're on the road. Number one, pre snat motion helps your quarterback get information so he can get you in the right spot. But it also gives you tendencies as you continue to go through the game and be able to read what's going on. But with a team like this, again, they have a lot of speed, They have power up front, they have guys that run to the ball. Their linebackers are fast. You have to get them looking one way and going in the opposite direction. You have to create spacing, You have to create conflict in some way. You cannot just go out there and play stagnant as you did last week when you're going up against a good secondary and a good front seven. So for me, it's really them establishing the ground game, but also still taking those past situations when they can attack in the middle of the field and figuring some things out, yo, because they just have to get rhythm, as you said, Nicole, because that they can't get off to a slow start against this offense. Play some keep away too. You're big on time of possession and that's going to be important in this game as well.
Speaker 3: And this is a unit that has forty eight sacks.
Speaker 4: They get after it.
Speaker 5: They get after it. Yeah, I mean second most in the NFL, I.
Speaker 7: Believe for sex per play.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's honestly crazy.
Speaker 5: What kind of test which we don't really know if, of course Zach said he's he should be okay for this Sunday, but let's say, hypothetically speaking, we don't have a tyrant.
Speaker 3: We don't have I'm sorry, Zach. What type of challenge.
Speaker 5: You know, facing a defensive front will that be for those guys like TJ.
Speaker 3: Bass Chuma.
Speaker 8: I mean, it will definitely be a challenge, but I also think that's where the iron Sharpen's iron advantage comes in. When you're facing the D line that you have to face on your on your very own offense every every week, and they are getting a lot of those reps.
Speaker 7: And I keep bringing that.
Speaker 8: Up because every Wednesday for most of the season is a veteran resting. We talk about that every week, but those are the days where.
Speaker 7: Those guys are getting those reps.
Speaker 8: They're stepping in, they're plug and play, and you know, guys like Zach and Tyron can afford to take those days. I mean, they have years under their belt, they know how to step in and be ready for a game time. But those younger guys are even a guy like Chuma who has that experience but isn't necessarily your starter. He also has that experience with other schemes, other teams, and so it's obviously concerning because you see how absolutely dominant that left side of the line is when you have Tyler and then Tyron kind of working is that unit We heard him talk about it earlier this week. But they are comfortable kind of with whatever shuffle they have coming in. I think what it kind of comes down to, and Aisha and I were talking about this off camera, is kind of the cadence, the communication within this offensive line, and especially you know your center be Hodist and then Dak. I think that's going to get tested in this game a lot.
Speaker 7: Miami.
Speaker 8: Their fans are going to travel, well, it's going to be allowed environment, it's going to be allowed stadium, and so to have the cadence that Dak has, I want to see it carry over from what you see at home, and given it can't always be the same, It's why you have home field advantage, that's why your cadence works so well at at.
Speaker 7: And T Stadium.
Speaker 8: But I want to see that same confidence roll over on the road. And I think it's going to start with the communication right there as well. But overall, I mean, it's concerning when you don't have your starting offensive line in right, But I also think what's more concerning is, like you mentioned, getting started early and it all trickles back down to the line.
Speaker 5: And here's another stat of those forty eight sacks, thirty two come with just four man pressure without bringing in blues.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they run a good mix of they run some zone, they run man. Situationally, there should be more favorable matchups in man when you talk about the nickel corner and maybe the opposite corner. One of the biggest things for this defense as well is that they're getting healthy at the right time. And the re emergence of Jalen Ramsey has been big for them because like Cowboys, we were spoiled last year when Trayvon Diggs would man one side of the field, he legitimately almost takes away one side of the field. So it does make it easier for your other guys to fill in. Jalen Ramsey has played some really good football. He looks fast, he looks decisive, and so yeah, things have changed for them and the disguise on the back end and stuff like that as well. So to your point about the communication, it is going to have to be on point. And that's why I'm worried a little bit just with the loss, maybe the possible loss of Tyron. When you talk about your tackles, they can't they're the farthest away and what they Tyron is experienced, idoga. Whoever is gonna man that left tackle spot if necessary, it's gonna have to be Keaton and locked in. So I wonder if they've been getting the practice reps this week if Tyran's not there. But yeah, to to your point with about their sacks, dog like, they just have so many guys. Christian Wilkins is a three tech. He penetrates well. Andrew Van Ginkle Is that how you say his last name? I don't want to, butcher, it's my friend Van Ginkle, That's what it is. Yeah, Uh, just six sacks on the season. He plays with his hair on fire. That matchup, that matchup with Steele with him rushing off the edge could be huge. Bradley Chubb and then they have another gentleman named Zach Seiler. Siler. Siler, I think it's seven and a half sacks from the DT position. Please, I mean, and you don't you just you don't see DT's getting Yeah, you don't see DT's getting sacks like that. So again, this is another defensive line similar to Buffalo that can get after you from really almost every position. You're not gonna get a break like that. So not only is this, I think it's gonna be important for this offensive line to establish the line of scrimmage quickly. We've seen that they gain confidence. And I think it's any offensive line when you can run the ball and be physical, which is one of the things that I think this team does well. You want to get up on these guys and wear them down as much as you can. To me, because when they most of these guys on their defensive line have such a high motor, you got to be able to take advantage of their aggressiveness number one, as I said before, but also to be physical at the line of scrimmage. Establish establish the physicality, let them know early it's gonna be a long day if you're gonna do it. And maybe you might see a tight end help out over there for that left tackle if that is a issue.
Speaker 3: Is there a matchup that concerns you all the most?
Speaker 5: I was thinking maybe CD and Jalen Ramsey, if he's lined up against him.
Speaker 4: That's not a I see what you got.
Speaker 8: There's just not a specific matchup that concerns me. It's and this sounds so cliche, right, but coming off of that loss is how they bounce back as a whole and where things start to trickle down because it was just such an uncharacteristic game and the more I kind of have heard the guys out in the locker room to peel back the layers of what happened. I don't see it playing out like that again. Yes, it's just you have to rebuild that confidence. And what I don't like, if I'm being very honest, is I don't like that there's not a straight up answer to why winning on the road is so difficult. That's what I don't like is you ask anybody and there's just not an answer. And it's confusing to me because there's a reason. It's not just happening repeatedly.
Speaker 7: It's not just happening.
Speaker 8: But you know, Mike talked about this morning the importance of that eleventh win, and he's been saying that since last week that they're focused on getting that eleventh win.
Speaker 7: And you know, though they have their playoff.
Speaker 8: Birth and postseason pretty much well, it is a done deal at this point. It's just what worries me the most is this is really this is your biggest challenge. This is your biggest challenge on the road the next three weeks. And at this point, I know, it's hard not to think about because of what can still happen, especially when you're talking in terms of the NFC East, and depending on what happens in Philly and kind of how the cards play out that way, it's hard for me not to look at this game.
Speaker 7: And this goes for the entire team, it's not just the offense.
Speaker 8: I'm kind of diverting your question a little bit, so I'm sorry. It concerns me that you don't have a solid answer for why you can't win on the road. And even if they do win on the road, say they win on Sunday, it doesn't erase the fact that they haven't been able to on a consistent basis this season, and more than likely you're going to be on the road come honestly, probably the first round of playoffs. So to me, it's just concerning overall. Getting this when is not just important, it's essential. It is vital to get that pulse going so you have a full on heartbeat by the time the playoffs come.
Speaker 5: And it's crazy because I actually when I was sitting down with CD today from my interview, I'd asked him how frustrating is it for you guys after a loss like that and all the losses you know you stack up against these teams, and I mean, come on.
Speaker 3: We know that the Cowboys have one of the.
Speaker 5: Talent, most talented rosters in the NFL. They have some of the best coordinators, some of the best coaches. Schematically, they can beat any team. But how frustrating is it for you guys, you know, to lose a game like that, knowing that it's a game that you should have won.
Speaker 3: And he was like, it's frustrating as hell, you know, like.
Speaker 5: Because you know that you're so talent, but it also shows that talent don't mean nothing. So yeah, I thought it was pretty cool that, you know, he was so honest with that answer.
Speaker 3: But now it's just like, y'all, I just got to go out there and play, you know, do it. Just go and do it, just like y'all come home in at and T Stadium and light things up. Like, go out there and do the same thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And to your point, you mentioned that the Dolphins fans will be in attendance. Should be some Cowboys fans out there, Oh yeah, a little heavy, so maybe maybe they'll give them a little boost here and some actual Cowboys fans in the stands. I wanted to go back to your original question. The biggest matchup to me that makes me feel is Vic Fangio versus Mike McCarthy and how Mike McCarthy comes out with this game plan and also counters some of the things that Vic Vangil Fangio decides to do. One of the best defensive minds in this game. He has this secondary, This defense a lot of veterans, so they're smart. So there's things you can do with them that maybe you can't do with a younger secondary or younger defense. That matchup to me is very important the OC versus this dec because again the same this scheme is important to your point about them being a talented team and all that stuff, Yeah, they are a talented team. Talent don't matter if you're getting out schemes. Talent don't matter if the looks that you're getting in are favorable for the defense or whatever the case may be. So the game plan fast start, as you said, is going to be important as well. I did think it was cool to finally hear Tony Pollard kind of concede yes, that he is feeling better post by and that the further he gets away from that injury, you see him looking himself. If the Cowways had the opportunity to run the ball as much as I think they wanted to last week, he would had a big day on the ground. He looks so explosive and just himself. And what's even more encouraging to me is that he looks like that late in the season. He mentioned that later in the season, but also too, he's still doing a lot for you in pass pro. And the fact that he's kind of built up that tolerance and that callous to do that to me, like when you look at a running back position, he's becoming a total running back to me, and so him, he and Rico in this game to me have to be the tone setters. Tennessee muddied up the game. They made it physical, they made it hard on Miami, and Tyreek Kill's availability is going to be important to actually let me look at that he was limited today. I'm gonna do some digging and see how limited, because you know limited is we we know it's different limited.
Speaker 3: Exactly, DeVaughn was limited.
Speaker 8: I wonder if practice today, let's see, let's see, let's see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Ky, like you said, limited and they are a lot.
Speaker 4: Of guys limited facing not all of them. I'm like, no, no, no, and not in that way. But there's some there's some gamesmanship going on and stuff like that. They're resting just like the Cowboys do to they have to. But Tyreek kill and his uh, his availability is really important because I think they're they're very dependent again on the verticality of their offense. Tennessee once once Tyreek went out, Tennessee was able to do some things that I think the Cowboys could too. But I think he's he's gonna go. I think he's gonna play. But in what fashion is he going to be limited?
Speaker 5: Is he going to be Well, he went back in that game when he got injured against Tennessee, so.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so.
Speaker 3: I'm expecting him to play. I'm not expecting expect.
Speaker 8: Okay, here's the thing. Put it put in the put it in this perspective. If it was Ceedee Lamb, would CD play Tater time? Yes, problem And and let's let's say again, you're you're looking at it from that perspective, but on the Cowboys have not clinched a playoff Berth, and you're talking about Ceedee Lamb in this aspect exactly, so why would he not play? He's gonna play this this is their biggest game, and I need to go back and read the playoff scenarios exactly for them, but I'm pretty sure with this win they clinch a playoff for.
Speaker 7: Exactly. So they need to win this game to get into the postseason.
Speaker 4: And that's what some of the guys. When you talked about last week and you said that you touch base with some of the gentlemen and stuff, one of the biggest things that I heard was that the approach last week, and when you're going up against a team that is trying to get into the playoffs, you do got to change your approach because the intensity this is not a normal game. There's different implications. It's heightened, so you have to mentally and emotionally race to the occasion as well. You got to either match them or you got to be a little bit more nutty. Well either one. And so the approach to this game again is important. I think establishing talk about it. Establishing the ground game is going to be huge. I think TJ. Bass fares pretty well in that. If Tyron can't go, I'm gonna need you Miyadoba to come on with it in the run game, like I'm better in the pass game than I do the run game. But this this team has to establish the ground game really quickly, especially with the amount of light boxes. Again, if people aren't running the ball on these people and they only have four guys out there, unacceptable. You should be able to run all Yeah, tight end is gonna have to work too.
Speaker 3: I have a question for you, Aisha.
Speaker 5: I kind of noticed how their front seven just like plays downhill, they crash downhill.
Speaker 3: Could this be a chance for the.
Speaker 5: Cowboys to kind of like maybe make some plays behind them, get them called black.
Speaker 3: And be creative in the passing game a little bit.
Speaker 4: Yeah, play action game I think should be something that the Cowboys can take advantage of also to doing things having some plays coming out of the backfield, turping obviously yeh, turping, like I said before, the screen game, setting up some screen game, Uh, things of that nature, I definitely think. But too again, the middle of the field is open. Yeah, the middle of the field is open, so and I mean sometimes they do. And again that's why I said the chest match is gonna be important between these guys because sometimes, yeah, the middle of the field looks open, but they have a safety kind of looming and kind of kind of there, so Dak communication, his eyes.
Speaker 7: Are gonna be buying the situation.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they do some things like that, and I'm really curious to see if they're gonna throw some different looks. But Jake Ferguson, you're gonna need him this game. You're gonna need them to attack the middle of the field. And obviously, again if you do get opportunities for big plays, you make them pay. But to your point, yes, this is a defense that gets upfield. They're fast, their linebackers play very well. Sideworld, the sideline, the sideline. You have to find ways, especially with the motion and things like that, making them think. You cannot line up stagnant against these folks because this defense is they're taught to look at the quarterback, look at what's happening in front of them. You're not doing anything to make them have to look over here, look over there. Then you're wrong. Yeah, you're wrong, and you're not going to beat a team like that. But establishing the run game, to me is the biggest part. I think the passing game will come if you can get on the ground and run at those light boxes, because ain't they shouldn't be stopping a run like this with no four people in the box.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 4: What are they?
Speaker 3: Who do they think they are?
Speaker 4: What do you think you are a good defensive team?
Speaker 5: I guess what do y'all want to see from Dak Prescott in this game?
Speaker 8: I want to see him play confidently like he did this entire second half of the season. I just don't think again he got anything established enough to really do that in this last game. And I'm not going to fault him for that, sure, because there's.
Speaker 7: A lot going on.
Speaker 8: There's a lot going on, and then plus you're going into, you know, a game where yes, rain wasn't as big of a factor, but it was a factor. You are barely coming off of the past couple of weeks of establishing a run. I understand what's going on here, But what I want to see from Jack I don't want to continue to see him have to pass four hundred yards in this game to win.
Speaker 7: That's what I don't want to see. I don't want him.
Speaker 8: To feel like he has to have six passing tds and four hundred yards and No. What I want to see from just I guess the offense overall is I want to continue to see the run game pick up where it left off pre Bills game, which again you talked about since the San Francisco loss, they were averaging at least one hundred yards per game.
Speaker 7: So I want to see that. I want to see it divvied up a little bit more, but overall.
Speaker 8: I just want to see him get in control of the offense again, because nobody was in control except the Bills last week, and just get that bad taste out of everybody's mouth.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree. I definitely want to see him start fast, easy buttons, Easy buttons. What I want to see from him is for him to get again have control of the offense. But he and Mike McCarthy be on the same page. Yea, yeah, and they have to be. They have to have a counter for this. And again, his community, the communication is going to have to be on point, on point. Whatever his film study is this week, He's going to have to be sure because again, I mean respectfully, Big Vangeo was his kryptonite to some degree, he's not. I don't think he is now. I think Dak has put that to bed. But maybe he gets some revenge this game.
Speaker 7: Yeah, when he was in dressing for the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and not only did he beat the Cowboys, he said this is the blueprints, and it was very blunt about it. And again that was years ago. I think they've put that behind them, but again you're still seeing a defense that really it is. It's a lot of it is contingent on the quarterback and his play and how he navigates, moving his eyes and moving safeties and being confident in what he's seeing attacking whatever disguise and the disguises and stuff they throw at him. The receivers and dak are gonna have to be on point. I actually talked to Ceedee Lamb about it briefly.
Speaker 5: Okay, well we're gonna take our second break. You're watching Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jigsaw that prefer dating partner.
Speaker 3: The Dallas Cowboys will be right back.
Speaker 1: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 7: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 9: It's the crisp crunch, that first Natcho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for, a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping.
Speaker 7: Of cool PEPSI.
Speaker 9: Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 7: That's what I like.
Speaker 8: Mars Lawrence is the Dallas Cowboys nominee for the twenty twenty three Walter Payton NFL Man of the Year Award. Deres entended by Nationwide helped Tank raise funds for Dak Prescott's Faith Fight Finished Foundation by casting your vote on NFL dot com slash Man of the Year or tweet your support using the hashtag WPMO why challenge. Voting ends on January eighth, So go vote for Tank right now. Do it at this moment and every moment. Go vote for Tank.
Speaker 7: Vote I think he I love us.
Speaker 4: No bring up your point.
Speaker 5: Yeah, No, So one thing I was I had listened to Cowboys break earlier and they were just kind of breaking down kind of a defensive scheme that they run and it's called Cloud and I was listening to Brian talk about it and how he said they run at twenty six percent of the time, Buffalo actually plays at thirty over thirty percent of the time, which clearly it had a lot of success to get the Cowboys last week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he said it's usually you.
Speaker 5: Can recognize it on defenses because of the depth of the cornerbacks and the way he explained it was there's one cornerback that will like play up and one that will play like soft coverage and is designed to look like cover two to take a take away the deep ball, but also stop the run and so but you can attack the middle of the field and seems and so I know they run zone about seventy percent of seventy five percent of the time, which cows the cow Oh.
Speaker 3: My goodness today is just like, okay.
Speaker 5: The Cowboys have a lot of success against zone. Uh So basically that yeah, No, that was just one of the things that I wanted to point out. So this could be a game where the Cowboys could have a.
Speaker 3: Lot of advantage.
Speaker 4: In no, no, it is like no, no, some people I know somebody to cause him like he's like he says, cows win. It's just I know people who do this.
Speaker 7: But no.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: In regards to the cloud coverage, yeah, it's a cover three scheme that people disguise as a cover two and it's effective if you don't want to give up the big play. If you don't want to give up the big play. However, to your point, it does leave you. It's a lot of space to operate, and it does require those dbs to have to cover a lot of ground. You can't do stuff like that if your secondary's not smart. So again, this is a very intelligent side of the ball speaking of I spoke to CD Lamb today very briefly because Big Dog had to get up out of there, but I was talking to him about just this secondary and where I believe they're susceptible. Expect to see CD Lamb in the slot because and again I wanted to ask him, do you think that Jalen Ramsey is gonna travel with you? And he was like.
Speaker 5: I'm ready, you know, or not, like and I like that energy from him.
Speaker 4: But we haven't seen Jalen Ramsey travel a lot. But the thing about traveling too is that when you travel, you change the whole defensive construct on that end. So if they don't you, I would expect to see CD Lamb on the slot against uh, Cater cow cow. I gotta get these now.
Speaker 3: I was struggling, is cater.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was struggling yesterday with a chan ch a change.
Speaker 3: I was struggling.
Speaker 7: I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: It's Cohu like Cobu from blanking. Oh okay, but it's cater and Coho. He's giving up six c d's this this year and his uh, he's he's decent in zone. But maybe that man mm hmm. That that's probably they don't run a lot of man because they got a couple of guys that's susceptible over there. But anyway, if that matchup does arrive arise, it seems like CD Lamb is up for the challenge. It's gonna be get your popcorn ready type stuff because Jalen Ramsey is a you know, he's yeah, he's he's really scrappy coming back from the injury. Feels like he has a lot to prove. But if not, I definitely could see Ceedee Lamb moving into the slot outside the slot Brandon Cook, some of those guys interchangeably trying to take advantage of that nickel corner there. So boo boo boo. Communication communication too, because like we talked about, they make you have to sometimes decide mid route what you're doing. So oh oh yeah, yeah, this secondary that this heat. That's what I said Mike McCarthy and them guys got they he he makes sure whide receivers have to read too sometimes in the middle of a route. So these guys and I'm talking to them. I talked to a couple of the guys and they're like, oh, it's not a big deal, Like and I'm snir like, bro, I couldn't imagine changing my body and my mind in the middle of a route. But that what they do is impressive. That is another test for this wide receiver room.
Speaker 8: So yes, I want to go back to the middle of the field conversation talk about because it's not just a battle of the Cowboys offense is gonna have to face. It's also the Cowboys defense. Because the Dolphins have thrown for eleven point nine yards per attempt and passes up the middle of the season, best in the NFL. Cowboys have allowed nine point nine yards per drop back when defending passes up the middle, third worst in the NFL. So this U both battles on both sides are going to be in the middle of the field. Who can continue to get downfield using the middle of the field?
Speaker 7: And I think that's just really important to note in this matchup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wow, I need some score predictions, ladies. Oh my god, Alody knew it was coming. I don't know why we know.
Speaker 7: I ac surprised every week.
Speaker 8: I'm like, what, no, way have to we need a score prediction?
Speaker 7: What is that I say?
Speaker 3: Cowboys?
Speaker 4: I don't want to pick today. I'm sorry, all right, I gotta do it on here.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm going Cowboys twenty four. Okayday, Dolphins seventeen.
Speaker 5: What y'all?
Speaker 3: Y'all looks stressed out?
Speaker 7: I am extremely Does it?
Speaker 4: Get that camera from me?
Speaker 3: So petty?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I mean where we're going with this?
Speaker 7: You'll go ahead, girl.
Speaker 4: I don't want to go last.
Speaker 3: No going back and forth. I'm your friend.
Speaker 8: I'm your friend and I love you, so I want you to go first. Just in case we have to run out of time to get you.
Speaker 4: I've never picked against the Cowboys. I'm going to pick against them to day, all right, and I'm doing it obviously from motivation.
Speaker 7: Love that first, I guess.
Speaker 4: I guess I call it a motivation. I'm not fire on them. Yeah, I'm gonna say I hate it. It just feels girls picking against them. Let's just say twenty twenty eight, twenty four Cowboys, I mean the other side, I mean Miami.
Speaker 7: That was going to be my score.
Speaker 4: That's that's my guess. I am. Are I feel so bad doing this right now?
Speaker 8: Nope, don't feel bad, all right? Twenty four Psychology twenty four twenty uh.
Speaker 7: Cowboys?
Speaker 3: All right, bet well that's a rap for today show. Ladies, don't fire me up.
Speaker 7: They're gonna talk to you out in the locker room.
Speaker 3: I'm watching girls talk boys. Talpers saw the third.
Speaker 5: Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. We'll see y'all next week.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.