Speaker 1: Welcome into the Raves Presspass podcast. The Raves are heading up to MetLife Stadium for a matchup against the Giants on Sunday at one o'clock. For that game, we had a chance to hear from head coach John Harbaugh.
Speaker 2: All right, appreciate everybody being here. Have the coach of the year winners from the season. The high school football coaches of the year, both the tackle football and the flag football coaches are here. So we're excited about that. We'll be naming the coach of the year here, uh for the season. All are very very qualified for that. Of course. It's an awesome Coaches are the best coaches to you guys. You guys are the best because what you do to me, you're on the front lines of our youth, you know, and and teaching them the lessons and the values that you can only really learn through, you know, team environment, team endeavor, especially something like football. It's challenging and toughest football. And so thanks for what you do. It's the best tribution that anybody could make being a coach. What questions you guys have.
Speaker 3: Done, you know, three games eleven days that you're about park on. What's kind of the final. I know you're focused on Sunday obviously, but what's kind of the final What is the message about getting through that?
Speaker 2: And really the messages, The message is one day at a time and one game at a time, one play at a time, one series at a time. That is the final message, you know. That is the process, is the message. We've mapped it all out, like we talked about earlier in the week. We have a plan as far as all the different practices and reps and loading and all that to be ready to be at our best physically in all three games. But that's up to us as coaches, the players and really the coaches in terms of the scheming and the teaching. Is we have our biggest challenge Sunday, and we've got to be at our best on Sunday and then tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll worry about itself.
Speaker 3: John, it looks like ben Noy's on track to play his practice fully all week.
Speaker 4: In a general sense, how important has he been for that group.
Speaker 3: With his experience, his performance and also knowing the rest of those that dressers aren't pretty young.
Speaker 2: Well, I just think it's always good to have Kyle out there. You know, he's healthy. Uh, he's played a lot of plays, a lot a lot of a lot of plays all year, played very well. Uh, definitely the week that off and then the bye, I think has really probably helped him in terms of being being fully raided a role. So he's ready to go.
Speaker 5: I know that Michael Pierce has been a full go all week. I mean, have you seen what you wanted to see from him in terms of being physically ready?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Michael looks good.
Speaker 3: Is a justice?
Speaker 6: How's justin looking out there?
Speaker 2: Justin looking good? Yeah, very good. Yeah, he's uh practicing well, hitting the ball great. He has been, you know, doing a good job of that. So he's ready to go too.
Speaker 3: We didn't have to be better on Wednesday because it wasn't firm yet. But what are your thoughts like seeing Bill Belichick go taking my job in college?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 2: I appreciate that. Yeah, I'm really happy for coach. You know, I think it's just a it's a it's a really cool thing. I read. I texted him. I haven't heard back yet. Game of rat so he's get a little bit busy. And uh, and I just just and I know Bubba Cunningham, you know the A D there from way back. He's he's a great, great athletic director, great great person. But h I saw where it was something he's always said he's always dreamed of, you know, which is really something to read that. It's like, I mean, he's won how many Super Bowls? You know, he's got all those rings. Arguably the greatest NFL coach in the history of the game and certainly the most successful. And to say, you know, I always dream of this, You know that that that speaks and that says something that's something he's always thought about wanting to do. Now he gets a chance to do it, He'll be amazing. He'll do a great job. He'll have great players. One thing about coach Belichick, Uh, he's gonna have a bunch of guys that like football. He's gonna have a bunch of guys that that that that want to be great, that want to work hard, that think about football, think about football going home, think about football coming into coming into work. They're gonna think about classes a little bit now too proudly you know, I'd be part of it. But uh uh, if you if you're interested in football and you want to be great, and what you do, you know North Carolina's going to be a destination for those guys.
Speaker 5: Have you ever thought about what it would be like to go back to college after being in the NFL for a very long time, and obviously your brother has kind of gone back and forth. I mean, what how big a difference would it be.
Speaker 2: I don't think it's too big a difference. I mean, coaches coach, you know, coach at any level. He coach a high school and there's great coaches at every level. There are coaches in high school football that could coach in the NFL like that. There are coaches in the NFL that can coach it, you know, high school. So I think coaching is coaching pretty much. It's different challenges, for sure, and there's different you know, schemes and everything are different. But the ability to kind of connect with guys, to put the players first, their best interests at heart, put together a team, build a team, all those things are the same, all right, So coach, all right? With that in mind, what did I segue? Child? That's good? All right? So so twenty eight years, twenty eight years, the Ravens have named high school Coach of the Year, and this will be the first for girls flag to be eligible, you've got to be aimed a coach of the week throughout the week for what your team has done and the job that you did. So here the two coaches that have been named the Ravens Coach of the Year all right and Arundel High School Jack Walsh, three A state champs, Arundo's first title since nineteen seventy five. Come on up here, man, graduation, graduation, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Sir for sure.
Speaker 2: All right, what do you want to say? Yeah, you gotta get up here and say.
Speaker 6: This is really different for me. Thank you guys, and thank you for the Ravens and Coach Harball for having all of us out today. Let us tour the facility. It's been fantastic. And thank you to Arundel. We've been waiting forty nine years and we did it, so thank you guys.
Speaker 2: Great questions. Come on, It was a quite tough question after you've been there before, but you haven't quite gotten there.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's something we've been chipping away at for years and it's just been out of our grasp, out of our grasp. It was a very surreal aside from my daughter being born and I have to say get married to my wife holding that trophy up in front of the home crowd was just second to none. So it was a great feeling.
Speaker 3: He think he could just take over.
Speaker 2: His job, and he could.
Speaker 6: He could definitely do my job. My line is his His problems aren't my problems. I don't think I could handle the stress of his job. So I'm perfectly happy and content where I am. And we're good coaching on teaching high school book kids.
Speaker 2: It's hard to follow up state championship pic shoes of all right the Ravens flag Coach of the Year. First year we've had this one be the first first time ever award. Chad Hartman, Boonsboro High School. Chad, Hey, graduations.
Speaker 4: Man, great, appreciate it, Thank you, congrats Hey, this is weird. Uh again, thank you to the Ravens. This has been amazing to be able to start girls football last year Frederick County. I think it went really well, expanding into Washington County and now across Maryland. It's it's been wonderful. The girls have taken to it amazingly. It's it's crazy to see some of the athletic ability of some of the young ladies in the state of Maryland. Some of the games we've played against some of the coaches out here just unbelievable and I can't wait for it to grow. We're short like thirty some teams to make it an official state sport in Maryland. We're really hoping Baltimore County, Carroll County, really hoping they jump on board and kind of make this, uh something that's gonna last a long time to come. So again, thank you guys very much.
Speaker 2: I got questions. What is it about football?
Speaker 5: Flag football?
Speaker 2: Then something that the tracks tracks the girls to play?
Speaker 5: And what are the benefits of it?
Speaker 4: Why is it so great? It's it's different, right I have. We have a lot of dual sport play on my team, and I will say this, a lot of them they love to come to football practice. I think it's it's fun for them. They've seen it on TV for all these years and now they get to actually go out there and compete, and I think they appreciate that. As a father, it's awesome to have daughters that are getting into football now that I can sit on the couch with and they're you know, they're understanding it because they're sitting there and the coming to practice with me. All the time. This is just it's great as a father, it's great as a dad. It's great. As you know, twenty three girls have all become my daughters now because of this and what y'all helped me put together.
Speaker 6: So it's awesome.
Speaker 2: Thank you guys.
Speaker 1: You're listening to the Ravens Press Pass podcast and again kickoff on Sunday is at one pm for the Ravens matchup against Giants. Thanks for listening and we'll see you on Sunday