Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops. Yes, so I finally got merch. That's right.
Speaker 2: You can buy your allegedly and my Voice mugs, T shirts, rain Drops, hoodies and T shirts all on Carlos Kingshop dot com.
Speaker 1: That's right.
Speaker 2: Get your hoodies, your T shirts, and your mugs all on Carlos Kingshop dot com. Welcome to Reality the King. It's me Carlos kings the King of Reality TV and one of the most sought after executive producers in reality television with over ten years a production experience. From Reality with the King, We'll sit down with my friends across the entertainment industry, recap our favorite reality shows and revisit unforgettable moments that we are still talking and tweeting about.
Speaker 1: Hey rain Drops.
Speaker 2: For today's episode, Reality to the King, we have a lot to discuss. A lot has been going on in all of the Bravo land and today I am joined by a friend of mine who is also like an amazing journalist.
Speaker 1: He also is a producer.
Speaker 2: And he is also like a personality. But today we are diving into an amazing article with an exclusive te that he wrote about the state of Vanda pump rules. We will also get into some housewife stuff as well, but please rain drops help me and welcoming on my guests. The One, Honey, the Only the Man. Jack Peter said, thank you from the Daily Mail.
Speaker 3: Honey, I feel like I've been trying to get on Reality with the King since you've launched, so it's finally happened. I had to move here from Australia fore to have me on that. I'm here, so better let than never.
Speaker 1: No, I love you so much.
Speaker 2: It was funny, is I was on your podcast a few years ago and you still have it unpopular?
Speaker 3: Well you talk about the podcast, Yeah, I do it on Patreon now, So I just I mean, I moved to LA and I'm just so busy with work. I'm trying to produce some shows and stuff behind the scenes. It was just too much, so I do it on Patreon now. But it was funny because I feel like when I had you on my podcast, you were one of my first guests. That episode did so well, and that was before you had Reality with the King. It was before you were doing a lot of podcasts. So I feel like I got Colors King very early on. I was like, I need to have anyone, and now you're like so huge in this podcasting world.
Speaker 1: Oh thank you.
Speaker 2: Notice the people like you who envite me in the podcast because we follow eachron on social media and you were and it's funny because you just said, can you go my podcast?
Speaker 1: And I'm like, yes, I like you. We kind of.
Speaker 2: Agree on the same things on Twitter. To think about you, that's so interesting. You have the best, funniest takes. Even if I disagree with you, I just like it when you're funny and shady and listen, you're my type of boy hoody.
Speaker 3: Well, I'll just say I don't care what anyone thinks. I will just say it, like so I will go there. And I've actually, like I pulled back from tweeting about housewives maybe like a year or two ago, just because it was like, you know, the fandom is so intense, and it's not that I care about getting hated on. It was just like it just became exhausting. Like it was just because you know, I would always have the hot take, and I would just every day I would wake up with you know, Garcells fans or like whoever, or people you know get upset if I defend Erica Jane or something. So I'm just like this is exhausting. But you know, I like that you like to put the unpopular opinions out there too. You always defend the villain, like we're both Tamera fans, so yes.
Speaker 1: Yes, no.
Speaker 2: It's one of those things where it's like, I'm not here to just join the popular vote. If we all have the same opinion, that's great, you know, But one thing I do, I never try to be on the side of like what's correct, Like, oh well everyone feels this way and join in. If I disagree, I'm gonna say it. And it's okay to have a difference of opinions. But let's get into the Vandam Pump rules of it all, because it has been reported that the show is in dire need of a possible reboot or is it a cancelation or is it on pause indefinitely?
Speaker 1: And I want to hear from you what is going on. We love Vanda Pump rules.
Speaker 2: You know, the show had a second win when the scandal all drama of it all happened. Then last season I think all of us felt like we're kind of tired of little scandaval story that's dominating the storylines and we want to see something different and fresh, and based on the finale, it did appear that these co stars, these cast mates were not in the best place, and then at the reunion it was sort of like, oh, they don't like each other, so what is going on with band the Pump Rules?
Speaker 3: Okay, so they are trying to figure out what to do with this show because you know, I did an article for Daily Mail and there was a few issues. One of them was like, there's some salary stuff, but really that's not the main thing. It's like, you can always work out salaries. There's so many things you can do when people go, well, I'm not going to film unless they get this much money. But you know, people usually buckle at the eleventh hour, So that's not really the main thing. The main thing is just that this is a show about a group of friends, and it is so fractured at this point. Like it's not just like the two people weren't film with each other. It's like everybody has splintered off into their own little groups and it's just kind of like, how do we organically put these people back together. There's going to be resolution where they can have fun together, where new storylines can come out because everyone has kind of like dug their heels in, Like there are so many people on this show that are not talking to each other. You know, Scandalval really raised everybody's profiles to the point that so many of them are just like busy with their own ventures. Like even Lala, Like she's on that Amazon freaking live every day and she's probably making like good money on that, and like you know, Ariana of course is like booked and busy with ten different jobs, and Katie's got a podcast now and the sandwich shop. I know that James Kennedy, I think he actually may have made the most money off Scandabal, even more than Ariana, because those DJing gigs are so lucrative and he was just playing like he was playing just like back to back shows. Like I remember I even interviewed him for the season last season promo and he was in a hotel room somewhere because literally, like when they were not filming, he was off playing DJ gigs. So really produces like how do we move forward? Do we just bring everybody back and do a barewell season and just see what happens? Do we get rid of some people, do we bring back some old people? Do we completely reboot it. Do we bringing new people and they're trying to figure it out. So that's where it's at.
Speaker 1: So let's get into it.
Speaker 2: Because the show started out, you know, season one, episode one of this organic group of people who worked between there was Sir Right and the Leablanca.
Speaker 1: Is that is that correct?
Speaker 2: Like those two restaurants, and they were friends, some are friendemies, some were sleeping with each other. And Angie Cohen has said publicly that when Lisa Banda pub and the producers were talking about this show, he was even like, wait, this is really happening, and when he saw the people obviously great cast, young, And one thing that a lot of people may not realize is Bravo took a big risk with this show because the height of Bravo back in that day was like these shows about middle aged women who lived behind the gates and it was Housewives, and then you have Million Dollar Listing, which was again focused on at that time men, middle aged men with these million dollar houses. Doc the Peruke was about a group of cast members who lived in a shitty apartment.
Speaker 1: You know. But what we all did when we were first starting out.
Speaker 2: They were waiters and hostess and waitresses and they didn't have two pennies to rub some of them, and they were trying to make it big in Hollywood, right, So I want people to know that Bravo took a big risk with this show. It paved off, it instantly became and what are we like ten years later into this show, and like you said earlier, La La is super rich, the cats are millionaires. Do you feel like the show has lost its plot with the fact that people enjoy these twenty somethings who were trying to make it in Hollywood, and now that they made it in Hollywood, the show isn't what people bought into anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, look, every show has to evolve to stay on air for that long, especially a reality show, you know, because you've got to follow people's reality. I think there was a problem for a while where they really kept trying to hang on to them working at the bar, which they did for a long time. I mean, even by like season three, vander Pump Rules was a blockbuster success, So it wasn't even realistic at that point for them to be working in these restaurants and being you know, waiters and waitresses. So at this point it's ridiculous, But I do feel like they had moved away from that a lot, and then they started leaning into things where like the Toms were opening their own bar, and then Arianna and Katie were opening their sandwich shop. Also shout out to Something about Her. I live near West Hollywood. I go to Something about Her all the time. I love her. The sandwiches are really good and they're affordable too, like you get like a big serving. So for the Something about Her haters, honestly like based some good sandwiches. But anyway, I think they were evolving the show. I think it's fine. It was like as long as these were people that do hang out together, it made sense. And like this group does know each other because you know, I'm in Hollywood now and I'm going out and I you know, I'm in the media, so I get invited to these things and I'll go to an event and it's like I'll see the people from the Valley and then Sheen is there and you know, they're interacting and stuff. So this is very much a real group. But it's just at this point it's like not so much. I mean, it's so fractured.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and that seems to be the situation.
Speaker 2: Do you think the cast is jealous of the fame and notoriety that Arianna has received since the scandal mall scandal.
Speaker 3: I think some of them are to varying degrees.
Speaker 1: Who are some of them?
Speaker 3: You think, Joh I think Lala is jealous, But I will say that I think it's completely justifiable that she's jealous because it's like Lala and the rest of the cast like busted their fucking asses for this show for like a decade, putting it all out there, the craziest drama, and like it's all come out now that you know Arianna and Tom Sandoval when they were together, like they were having problems for a really long time, and they were putting on like a facade for the cameras, and Arianna like really didn't get involved in that much drama, like she was doing seasons. I remember where it's like her storyline was, I have anxiety and she would like go over to like Lisa vander Pump's house have a cup of tea, Like she was not doing anything interesting, and it was literally at the point where it was like, girl, if you were not part of this, like Tom sanderb Old package, like you would not be on the show anymore. And that's like no shade to Ariana, Like, you know, I met her out once and she seemed lovely, and you know, I'm happy for her success and stuff. I'm not like an Ariana hater. But it's just like you did not pull your weight on this show where you have everybody else that is like cheating and getting into these crazy scandals and fighting with each other and throwing drinks on each other, like you did not do any of that, and it's like she wasn't even you know, sometimes some shows will have like the boring cast member or the nicest cast member, but they serve like a very important purpose, Like maybe they're the one that just like cuts through all the bs, like Eileen was so great on you know, Beverly Hills for that. They can be really insightful.
Speaker 1: I love Eileen. I missed her and I want her to come back. Anybody that says send them back in the.
Speaker 2: Mail, or you know the way she used to check Brandy when Brandy was like Kyle, I'm sorry, ravedropts, I'm sorry, like bird, but I gotta talk about this really bad.
Speaker 1: Eileen is such an icon, a legend when Eileen had a poker party and Kyle.
Speaker 2: And Brandy had that physical contact where like Brandy like kind.
Speaker 1: Of push Kyle and conflict whatever. And then Brandy is reciting a story. I think to Kim, somebody maybe Lisa Rena and I Lead listens to the story and.
Speaker 2: Said, girl get a grip like and walked away, like Aileen is so underrated. She is a fucking icon, a legend. She is so funny and I'm sorry to interrupt your story.
Speaker 3: I just have to say that, no, no, I love that. I mean, any chance I can get to slip in, and Eileen Davidson mentioned I will. I actually think she's one of the top five Beverly Hills housewives ever. She was incredible, and she was kind of like the first one that was not afraid of Lisa Vanda Pump because some of the other girls went against Lisavanda Pump and then they would buckle, but like Eileen didn't give a fuck, like she went there. She people forget that, like if you go back and watch that season, Lisa Rinner is kind of trying to like straddle the fence because she hadn't fully turned on vander Pump yet, and Eileen was kind of the one that's like, no, what vantam pub is doing is fucked up. Girl, Like snap out of it. And she kind of like got Lisa Rinner to become like who she became. So anyway, shout out Eileen, But I'm just saying that Ariana was no Eileen. She was no Cynthia Bailey, she was no nothing. And I get why people would be jealous because it's like, girl, you did the least on this show and then became not only the biggest star on the show, like one of the biggest stars in reality TV period. You are getting booked in movies, you were on Dancing with the Stars, you were hosting Love Island, you were making millions from the best social media endorsements. So the jealousy is completely fined by me. And I am a fan of La LA's as well, because you know, I've always found laa kind of annoying. But I feel like that last season she was so brave to be the one to put her hand up and be like, you know what, I'll fucking say what we're all thinking, because we cannot have a whole season where every single person on the cast is scared to question anything, to do with Oriana just because she's a fan favorite. So Lala was like, yeah, I'm gonna be the one that goes who gets cheated on and becomes Beyonce. And of course, you know, the person that I think that works the hardest on these shows is often the most hated on. Like I mean, that happened to Lisa Rinna, it's happening to Tamra now, Like not to get into all the OC of it all, but it's like, girl, I imagine if Alexis and Tamra, like imagine they didn't bring Alexis back and Tamra wasn't clocking in on this season of OC, like, you wouldn't even really have a season. So anyway, shout out to the villains.
Speaker 2: Now, listen, you don't love the villains because they entertainers in you guys cannot have every bill and get fired from the show. Sean sa Tama judge who I know Jock also is a fan of as well. So speaking of villains, la La has emerged as this villain only because she did what you said. She addressed the elephant in the room that we're all dancing around the fact that all of us but I'll say it, but we all feel this way that this woman has to come Beyonce because she got cheated on and the woman who.
Speaker 1: Gave the leads to the show by proxy got cheated on by the star.
Speaker 2: Of the show Tom And all of a sudden she's getting the main segment on the view where they changed the entire set to replicate.
Speaker 1: What was it? Sir?
Speaker 2: I think they tried to replicate it was And the whole time with be Goldberg is like, what is going on? But I guess this is a big deal. We'll we go work in That second was so funny because she's sort of like, Okay, so you got cheated on.
Speaker 1: Your boyfriend, got it? What else is Nio like?
Speaker 2: But so so Lala listen to La LA's point, Arianna did emerge like you said to become in twenty twenty four, and I have to give it to her. She is the biggest starm Bramo like she is in twenty twenty four. She she really is. Not too many people can say they're hosting the number one daty show on Peacack, a show that has international appeal. She also did a this This After Emmy's Fashion you Know special with Nini leaks and Justin Silvester on e she was Roxy in Chicago. You know, so if you are Laala or the other women, you know, Sena, if you are these these these women who gave so much personal story to the show, I understand why Lalla is frustrated. I too would be frustrated if I gave my blood, sweat and tears to the show. And now we're forced to see this woman emerge as the star. So what we did learn at the reunion and what we learned this article is the fact that the show is a hit, and allegedly the cast is asking for more money, and allegedly your sources is saying that the network feels that this show is becoming too expensive to even do another season.
Speaker 1: If they're able to do one currently.
Speaker 3: Well, you know they're figuring it out, because you have to remember, it's a this is a huge cost, like this is a bigger cost than other shows. And with Bravo, you go up more money the law longer that you stay on the show, and this will go into season twelve now, and then people did negotiate pay rises after Scandaval, So there's definitely a financial element that they're trying to figure out. But again, it all goes back to like at the end of like you can always figure out financial stuff. Like I know, I'm not going to name who it is, but I know that there was a cast member a couple of seasons ago who actually was demoted and people could but they still were showing up like a main But what happened was they were sort of thinking, we don't know if this person's bringing enough, so they switched them to like a to pay them by scene instead of having like a lump sum. So it's like they really had to like show up to work to earn their paycheck. So there's always like different things that they can do with people, but really they're trying to figure out how to get this group back together. And they definitely are auditioning new people because I went to an event at SO the other week and one of the bartenders was telling my friend about like, yeah, you know, we've done some auditions for this. I'm like dying to get on the show, like I've been watching it for years, Like you have all these like thirsty people that have come and got jobs at least Evanna Pump's restaurants now, and they're hoping to be cast. But it's like, we don't know yet if it's going to be a situation where they keep some of the OG's and then just bring in some new people, like you know, mix it together. Are they going to do a complete reboot? Like they are looking at every single option and just like what makes the most sense, because you know, Vana Parmon Rules is a great show, and I think that it has a certain level of quality to maintain, Like I don't think this is just a show that you can just like throw down the toilet. So I think they're really really trying to get this right because you know, you see with some other reboots, some reboots work, like with Miami when they kind of did that where they're like, Okay, let's keep some of the ogs and then bring in some new people that worked. They've obviously done that with Atlanta coming up, which I don't know, I feel like some of the stuff I'm hearing about the Atlanta reboots great. And then they did it with Ronnie where they did a complete recast, which is the worst show in the history of Bravo to ever air. So they're trying to get it right. Girl, you know it's true.
Speaker 1: Wait, girl, you know it's true.
Speaker 2: Okay, look, look, look, let's have a real conversation talk about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, and we're going to get back to bad. I want to talk about one more thing, and they're going to move on. Okay.
Speaker 2: Are you saying to me you consider the Real Housewives of New York City reboot that is currently in a second season.
Speaker 1: You said it's the worst showing Bravo ever.
Speaker 3: In history, Like it is so bad, and I think that probably Jenna Lyons may be the worst housewife of all time. And the fact they keep trying to guess her up, like I could not believe whoever had the audacity to give her the tagline of not everyone can be Jenna lines, but they can try to be or whatever. It's like, girl, no one wants to be you, Like no one knows who you are, Like they tried to act like they cast like Donna Tella VERSACEI or something on the show. It's like, girl, nobody outside of like New York Fashion Circles that was reading the cut ten years ago knows who you are. And like no, Shade, I'm sure you're a talented design of a Like please stop trying to pretend that we just cast like Carl Lagerfeld or like Mark Jacobs, like girl you designed for what was it? Like The Gap or Jay Crew or something like twenty years ago, and then you bring nothing to the show, Like she's so scared of drama. I feel like she sits in the corner like chattering her teeth, terrified to even say anything. And it's just a horrible show like it is. I can't think of like one to quote Eileen. I can't think of one nice thing to fucking say about it, like it's just so bad, And can we talk about the last episode? Actually, I need an to this because you are I need to get your thoughts. Did you watch the do you watch the last episode?
Speaker 2: Okay, now, okay, I'm gonna be very honest with you, because I'm honest with my rain drops Johns, I'm gonna be honest with you. I watched all of the episodes, plus the two par reunion of the reboot season one, like well, the first season of the reboot.
Speaker 1: I watch every episode. I too, and.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna answer questions, but I gotta get some context. I watch every episode the two ParvE reunion. I was intrigued by them, and I liked them.
Speaker 1: I wasn't in love with the show. I thought it was amazing.
Speaker 2: I was like, Okay, great effort, I'll watch it. And I watched it in its entirety. I never understood the high with Jenna Alliance, and this is the thing for me. Okay, it's not Jennaaliant's fault that they are ushering her to be seen as like this amazing cast that we, you know, got on the show.
Speaker 1: I really think listen, in my opinion, I think.
Speaker 2: Jenna Lince is sort of like, I'm not doing this, Like I think jennaal Lliance has a enough common sense to know I'm a big deal in the fashion world, and the people in the fashion world loved me and adore me. This is reality television, and the Housewives audience they want to look at tamer Judge, Kyle Richards, you know, like you know, the leanne Lockins of them, like you want to see people here, like really push the envelope.
Speaker 1: And I even think she knows in this space, I'm.
Speaker 2: Not a big deal to this audience and I and I don't see the hype in her. So season the second season of the reboot is up, and I said, okay, let me watch the premiere.
Speaker 1: I saw the trailer and I was like, I'll watch the premiere, right.
Speaker 2: So I'm watching the premiere of the second season of the reboot of New York City, and job, after maybe twenty minutes, I stopped watching it, and and I'm gonna be honest with.
Speaker 1: You, I said to myself, I don't care.
Speaker 2: I and again, I watch all of last season, and I did care what I saw, And I want to get your opinion on this because you're watching it. What I saw in the first twenty minutes were all they're conscious of the cameras now because the New York New Yorkers are savvy people, right, the New Yorkers are known to be savvy and very much awhere was going on. And I felt like their first season was great because you know, they were being themselves and they didn't.
Speaker 3: Know like, Okay, no great, Well.
Speaker 1: I said, not great, but watchable?
Speaker 3: Well, so kind I watch all of it.
Speaker 2: So the second second the second season of the ReFood, and I didn't.
Speaker 1: I didn't. I just didn't care.
Speaker 2: I'm like, there's no major storyline. You all are talking about photoshooting and see.
Speaker 1: And said, I have something's going on. I don't give a shit.
Speaker 2: So I to answer your question, I haven't seen any episodes this season now on Twitter.
Speaker 1: I've heard some things, but ask your question.
Speaker 3: Okay, Well I was going to say you have a correct assessment because they I mean, I think there were camera aware season one, like they were very aware. This season. It is to another level where the real show is completely happening off camera. This is a show about nothing. They said Seinfeld was a show about nothing. The Rony reboot is a show about nothing. And what they just did on the latest episode and I could not believe that they aired this, And as a producer, I want to get your take is I mean, it was the worst episode, not again. Nothing was happening, and then Uber was like angry about something kind of didn't make sense and it was ridiculous. And then they showed this clip at the end where Brin and then Rebecca Minkoff, the scientologist who doesn't want to talk about scientology, which is the most interesting thing about her, and they're sitting there and Brinn says something like, girl, I can't believe you brought like, you know, three whole suitcases on the trip and you haven't even changed your outfit yet, and Rebecca was just like, yeah, you know, I'm in fashion, like I travel with a lot of stuff. And then Brinn was like, girl, like, if I say something like that to you, you need to like throw it back to me and be like, well, I work in fashion and you sell merchant Bravo can't. And Rebecca's like, oh, I don't know, I'm not really a mean girl like that. And Brinn's like, well, you're not gonna last long in this group if you don't do that, Like, come on, girl.
Speaker 4: So they showed her coaching that air her to have they aired it, and I was shocked because I'm like, wait, So I'm trying to figure out.
Speaker 3: I'm like, did they air this because they just have absolutely nothing going on on this show that that's the only interesting thing they can show or are they almost just like you know what, like I don't even know if we're going to fucking bring this show back off to this year. Nothing's everything's happening off camera. Let's just let's just throw them under the bus and do it. Like, what do you why would they air that as a producer showing people concocting fights on camera.
Speaker 1: Oh, honey, Houston, Well, in this case, New York. We have a problem. Ah my.
Speaker 2: Nine times out of ten is what you said in the former nothing's happening, and this is what drama they can show you. Obviously, there's tons of breaking the fourth wall moments that happens on these shows that you do air because a it's fucking good and interesting and read the audience love A forth the wall being broken when it's something interesting that's about to happen, or when you.
Speaker 5: Unveil like no, girl, you told me this to get her like the camera shit and and friendship debacle over the receipts of the text messages of the fourth wall being broken.
Speaker 1: Investigate this person. We could talk about it on camera like that's interesting and and and and you.
Speaker 2: See that in result of it, by this big fight, Shannon Lee takes up my thought or whatever to have that love conversation about clothes.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, but not only to it's it's a different kind of fall fall break because it's not like, well you said this soft camera to set me up. It's literally like, girl, we need to have a fake fight, so something happens on this show, like to break it to that level as like never been done before. I was like you're almost like tanking the entire network, like this is beyond showing how the sausage is made, like this is crazy, like you cannot hit this shocked down the.
Speaker 1: Air and I'm curious to see you. So that was that a cliffhanger that ended the episode.
Speaker 3: No, So it was interesting. So they kind of slid in there and it was kind of subtle, and they I don't think they had the cameras on them when they did it, so I think that they thought that they were that they could have that without it being but you know, obviously they're on the hot mic. But then another they get into another fight that's about an off camera thing. So they all go to bed and then they're recounting in their confessionals because of course nobody does anything on camera on this fucking snooze festiv a show. And what had happened is like Uber's been like charging through the house like I mean, she's on, she's just like she's loopy. It's like hard to figure her out. And then you know Brin who is you know, she's biracial, which she revealed last season. They're talking off camera and Brinn was like, girl, like you need to like chill, because you're going to come off like the angry black woman. You look crazy, and you're gonna look like the angry black woman on this show this you know German banker Oliver that your dating is going to leave you when they see this played back. You look crazy girl?
Speaker 5: What?
Speaker 3: And then Uber apparently, but this all happens off camera and they're telling you what happened in the confessionals because obviously the producers must have sins like you know what is going on now, like Uber, like why are you out at Brin or something? And they've had to like drag it out of them to like say this in their confessionals. So then they told the story about how they had to fight about that, and then that's what the cliffhanger kind of is.
Speaker 1: Ooh so Brin, Brin, You're okay.
Speaker 2: So if that happened in the same episode and Brent did two things to show that she has these off camera conversations. Brian, you're the villain of season and you're being exposed. This is this season may be the exposed exposure of brn it seems like, and what's funny.
Speaker 1: Is out of the whole cast, I like Brent a lot last.
Speaker 2: Season because she was like kind of refreshing to me, like, Okay, she's wacky, she's funny, she's still like whatever. I think you're right. I think it goes to show you that nothing's happened. Nothing's happening.
Speaker 1: They had to do this so interesting is.
Speaker 2: Cy was on Jeff Lewis show before the season premiere, You're shaking your head right, and she was called a hot mic when somebody asked her like, how's this season and she said that.
Speaker 1: Quote kind of boring And I remember.
Speaker 2: Watching that like cast member saying it in that way, like.
Speaker 3: And she even said in that they were like, how's the new girl, Rebecca, and she was like, Oh, she's kind of boring, and like we're trying to you know, people are trying to activate her, but she's not biting, Like I'm trying to get it to go, and she's not doing it. And then on top of that, Rebecca Minkoff in one of her press interviews for the show, she said, oh, I suggested to Jenna Lyons that we have a like that we stage a fight about who's the most fashionable. And then Jenna Lyons was like, girl, I'm not doing nothing.
Speaker 1: You buy.
Speaker 3: So it's just a whole lot of like, it's a show about people that are trying to create a fake show, is what this show is about.
Speaker 1: Now that's not good, child.
Speaker 2: We are just getting started. This is reality with the King and I'm Carlos King. Let's get back into the show.
Speaker 1: And I'm telling you, Jock, well, I'm telling you me.
Speaker 2: Watching the first twenty minutes of this current season, the premiere event, I'm just like, I'm not into it.
Speaker 1: And I thought like, well, maybe you're tired and it just having a bad day. But I didn't.
Speaker 2: I didn't feel the urge to watch it, Like I'm watching OC every week, like standing appointment, like I'm at drybar, like get my hair done, like I need it.
Speaker 1: I need it in my life. Right, I'm watching that religiously.
Speaker 2: I don't care to watch New York City and apparently I'm not missing anything.
Speaker 1: So do you think.
Speaker 2: That, based on what sounds to me like not a great season of New York City Housewives, do you think that the network may be a little careful with the fate of what Vanda par Rules can be because it goes to show you that you can't get rid of everybody and starting to show, and you may do your best working with the Vanda per Rules cast to figure it out. Because one thing that the Daily Mail you know you guys stated was that allegedly, before Scandalball happened, it was going to be one final season of Vanda par Rules, and that allegedly the Two Times were going to have a spin off about Tom Tom.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well, they've been trying to do different things, like if people know their Bravo history, like The Valley was supposed to happen years ago. What they were going to do was they were going to spin off like star Cy Jacks Kristen, like the vander pump Ogs, put them on their own show, which ended up becoming The Valley, and then Redo Vander Pump Wiles with the whole new bunch of twenty somethings. And then when like COVID and BLM and all the cancelations happened, then that got put on Ice and then they were looking at doing like a Tom Tom so the Tom Tom's spin off. So they've been exploring a lot of different options. They're still looking at potentially like even maybe doing two shows. It's like everything is on the table and it's just it's like putting a puzzle together of just like how do we get the best product out there and make this work. Personally, I kind of think that I think they should maybe get rid of Ariana, which I know she's the biggest star, but I think they could do it in a way where Arianna still gets to look good. Arianna can just say, look, I'm so busy at hosting Love Island and doing all these other things. I'm just going to take a break from them a pump for now, and then, you know, if Katie wants to not come, I mean I would hire even though Katie's very popular now at the moment, I think Katie had a really great season, so I do think she's like needed. But Katie also doesn't seem to want to film with certain people. So I would maybe hire Katie back as like a friend, and they'd be like, girl, if you can like mix with the group and everything, and it's like, we'll just upgrade you back to like full time, like within a few weeks of filming or something, but let's just see how it goes. But I would take Ariana out because I feel like everybody else can put their shit aside and film together and then i'd put a few new people in there and I would just do it like that and I would see how it goes, and if it's not working, then I don't know, make it a farewell season, and I don't know produce it on the fly a bit, but we do need another season. And I think last season was actually good. I know a lot of people hated it, and you were mentioning before as well that like people watched it and they were like, we're a bit sick of Scandabal, which is true. But it's like production had no choice other than to produce the show like that because Scandival was the biggest reality TV scandal in like ten years pretty much, and you couldn't just do a season where you're not addressing it. It's the biggest thing ever. So it's like they were damned if they did, damned if they didn't. And I think they did the best. I think they did the best job they could. And I actually found the season very interesting because I could I could understand where everybody was coming from. It's like, I can see why Ariana is really upset that people aren't all having her back. I see where Tom's coming from. I see why Sheen is kind of like jealous, Like I felt like it was very interesting, and I think with viewers of reality television, especially with Bravo, what the audience tends to do is it's so hardcore, like we're just team this person and we hate that other person. But for me, when I watch Vanda Probabol's last year, I'm like, I can see everybody's perspective. I don't find one person to be specifically bad. So I think the s and it's a really great cost, Like that is a good cost. So you just have to figure out how to get them together, whether it's bringing in some new paople or not, and keep going. So I definitely would not get rid of the show yet. And the ratings are still good too.
Speaker 1: That's yes, the ratings were still solid. It was definitely still solid, and I agree with you.
Speaker 2: I think, listen what I would do if it was my show, I would make Ariana part time because you want to see like the resolve of her and Tom.
Speaker 1: Listen, we all want to see her and La La go at it, right.
Speaker 2: I do think Arianna has I've grown the show too, and I think let her continue to host the number one dating show Peacock. It's a great gig for her, let her experience everything she wants to experience outside of the show.
Speaker 1: Because listen, I was.
Speaker 2: Hard on her last season because I'm like, okay, girl, like film with Tom, like film with him, Like it's not the end of the world.
Speaker 1: But she feels that uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: Then it's like, Okay, we heard Ulama, clear, there's other things you can do. She's hosting Erich Harpet event, so she will still be in the Bravo family in VC Universal, so she still has ways to make money. But I definitely would face her out of this season. I think the cast she doesn't want to be with them, and if they don't want to hang out with her, I think La La Tom, Tom, Sheena. You know, I think the rest of the casts are able to sort of like have a relationship.
Speaker 1: James Kennedy, who I just love.
Speaker 2: I think he's such a great reality star because he doesn't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: And that was the beauty of Ben the Poor Rules.
Speaker 2: It was a group of kids who just didn't give a fuck, and they were so honest and so raw and so real. I would love to see that cast return, mixed in with some new blood that can really shake this tree. So I agree with you with that. We don't want to reboot, so don't do that to This show is a great brand, is a huge show. The ratings are great based on what's happening in New York City. Yikes. But good news is the Real Housewise of Billy Hills is returning, and I don't know about your job. That trailer you get to see the old dereet and I'm a happy, happy, happy camper. Okay.
Speaker 3: I have to say that I didn't love the trailer, but I think the reason I didn't love it was because I've heard all the tea about the new season, and I can tell you that the trailer does not even capture what we're about to see, and I know that that is scratching the surface of Deree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's that's good thing. Okay, So we have a lot to look forward too. So no, don't fail us what you've heard.
Speaker 2: But are you confirming exclusively on reality with the King that this upcoming season of the Real Housewives of Billy Hills is going to be explosive?
Speaker 3: Deree came to play Deriet has a very unexpected friendship with someone on the show it is, girl, I'll tell you some tea off my ce gag you'll die. It's gonna be good.
Speaker 1: I'm hard on Dure, so I listen. John.
Speaker 2: I said this on Twitter maybe a year or too ago, that Dried is the perfect example of somebody who was fantastic their first season and second in fact, and then social media got ahold of her and I said she was never the same after being villainized on social media. People hated her and I'm like, where is my deriy? I loved her? So are we going to see old dur return? Because my favorite moment of Derey is when she told me, Sabrina, back up, if I could smell your breath, you're too close.
Speaker 1: Back up.
Speaker 3: I hear that we're getting old to eat back like it's the It's bigger than her first season. It's like it's next level to eat. And I have to say to defend Deitt, I agree that she had a few years where I'm like, girl, she needs to get fired. And I really hate her fashion. It's so contrived and I really didn't like her leaning on her you know, head to toe Gucci logo, Marlo Hampton outfits. But I feel like Marlo Hampton pulls off the looks so much better. Like I feel like the clothes really wear to Eat, you know what I mean? Like I feel like Marlow like makes it work and it's like yes, girl, But I just feel like Dereat I never got it. But I really started to like to Eat last season because I felt like she was one of the only ones that wasn't scared of Garcel. And I don't know if that's just because she is in such a bubble that she almost didn't care, but I you know, you can tell that a lot of these other girls are scared to come against Garcel because you know, they all saw what happened to Kyle that first season with them when she brought up the charity that suddenly she was, you know, in the KKK or something. So these girls don't want to like mention Garseell because she will like bring that up, and she did bring it up with Dared, but darit still like sat there and took it and took the like you're a Karen and everything. So I was kind of like, oh, I already feel like Dari's starting to be like, you know, fuck this, Like if this is my opinion, I'm going to say it, and now I know that this next season, she's just like she's going after everyone. I think she gets into it with Garsel, with Kyle obviously, and I know the husband's film a lot, so we're going to see a lot of all these you know, the personal relationships with everybody, Like it's all there.
Speaker 2: If y'all to see my face right now, I'm smiling from here to hear I listen. Is the reason why I'm very particular about what I consume, because I don't want to watch shit for the sake of watching it. Like, I'm a busy guy, have a lot going on. So when I take time to sell to my couch and give you forty two minutes of my time, meg it worth it? Oh see is doing for me this season? Billy Hills is one of my favorite shows. It consistently delivers. Last season wasn't that great.
Speaker 1: But I watched every season because I'm not.
Speaker 2: Season every episode because I really was just into like Kyle and Mauricio's situation. I'm so looking forward to this upcoming season that airs November nineteenth. It's it's it's such a phenomenal show. But before I let you go, I need to ask you the most pressing question. What's that?
Speaker 1: Are you team Tamra or team jin.
Speaker 3: I okay, I team both of them, because I think I think that I'm team both of them. You know, I'm definitely my Housewives. Ing has shifted a lot where I can really see where everyone comes from. But I just have to say, people need to lay off Tamera because come on, allegedly Ryan is. You know, I think Tama's right about a lot of stuff. The people don't like the delivery, and I think the truth hurts. And you know, I've heard a lot of things about Shannon over the years, and you probably heard a lot of things about Shannon too, from many different sources. And I it is, you know, a twist of fate that somehow Shannon became the most loved person on this show again. I mean, she is just so lucky that Alexis came back. By the way, I ran into Alexis at a party a few weeks ago. She was lovely, I was getting all the tea. I feel so bad for her, and I know that they're trying to figure out what to do with Alexis because I know they want to bring her back. But they're also like, how can we bring Shannon And they're trying to figure that out as well, like they're trying to figure out with vander Prong rules. But yes, I think I'm team Tamara.
Speaker 1: Okay, now miss it. I love Tamara. She's a friend of mine.
Speaker 2: I spoke to her recently as well. And listen, Tamra's doing well. And I will say this, I would want the audience to always share their opinion, whether it's good or bad. That's what makes this sort of like process works for us right when were producing shows. But I would say that, just know that somebody can appear to be tough on camera, but you could be very fragile behind the scenes when you are getting attacked.
Speaker 1: Just listen, and I want my audience to understand this.
Speaker 2: These women on these shows can handle being attacked by their castmates because it's like five to six people that you have to deal with, right, Multiply that by a thousand, and you're dealing with that with strangers.
Speaker 1: It is a lot.
Speaker 2: And what I want to encourage the fandom is is one thousand percent they don't care to have an opinion stated like and mean it it's all good.
Speaker 1: However, say it once and move on.
Speaker 2: Is when you constantly labor it to where someone I feel bad for alexis to you know as well.
Speaker 1: She has cut off her comments.
Speaker 2: For months because she can't handle it, and nor is she supposed to handle. That's sort of this raw from from the audience. It's it's it's what you sign up for, yes, but no one signs up to be bullied. When a child goes to school, he may be aware that things may happen, but nobody signs up to be bullied and have to take it and say, well, suck it up.
Speaker 1: And I want people to look look.
Speaker 2: At that when it comes to the reality stars, like, yes, okay, Tim, I may not be the most love and that's fine, but have some grace for a woman who is providing us with some great time television. And we saw what a season was like with our camera and I don't ever want to see that again.
Speaker 3: People need to remember always this is a television show. Yes, it's well, sometimes it's real. Sometimes it's not. As we're seeing on Roney, they're there trying to stage fight. So there's a lot that goes into reality television. There's there's editing there, there is so much, and yeah, I wish people would kind of lay off with the hate towards certain cast members, and then you do run these really great people off the shows, and then the shows end up flopping and being awful because we got rid of people. And it's just like crazy, how quickly the audience can change. Because even if you go back to Vanda promt Rules, Larla was actually very popular for a while and then from the last season it and she's suddenly the most absolutely the most hated. And then Katie Maloney was kind of the opposite. Everyone thought she was just this boring nag that had like no charisma and was, you know, always raining on Schwartz's parade, and now she's like a fan favorite. And when they fired Tamera, everyone was like, we need Tamera back, this is so bad. Then as soon as they bring Tamera back, then they all hate her again. So it's just like, let's just chill out and yeah, it's fine, I have your opinion, but you know, you don't need to be like dming these people and like leaving hate comments on their pages and stuff like that. They're all they're trying to entertain you and just watch it as a television show.
Speaker 1: Yes, and that also goes from me and Jock.
Speaker 2: Do not leave hay comments on my reviews on Apple or Spotify if you disagree with this, Okay, we appreciate you all, all right, Jock, let.
Speaker 1: The world know where they can find you, follow you, support you.
Speaker 2: You're an amazing journalist, an amazing producer, and an amazing podcast host.
Speaker 1: So let them know wherey can find you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. You can get everything. Just follow me on Instagram at Unpopular JP. I post links to my Patreon episodes. I just you know, post my takes on the Instagram stories. I used to be a heavy tweeter, which is how you and I I became friends, but I definitely pulled back from that. I'm like, this is too much. Follow me on Instagram and you can get everything there.
Speaker 1: There you go, all right, and rain Doc. I will see you guys next week.
Speaker 2: Thank you all for listening and I'll see you next week.
Speaker 1: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: Thank you for listening to Reality with the King, Share, comment, follow, and subscribe to Reality with the King. Wherever you get your podcast, visit Reality withthe King dot com and be sure to follow me at the Carlos King Underscore on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok and yes, Baby, my YouTube channel where you could get all of my visuals, Baby, my expressions, Yes, and don't forget. Tweet me your thoughts and hot takes about this episode using the hashtag reality with the King. Reality with the King as a production of Kingdom Rain Entertainment, an executive produced by Me Carlos King, Kingdom Rain Entertainment, Baby,