Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: Let's talk about liquor license because that's something that a lot of people have. I've seen restaurants getting taken out because of liquor like like they might lose their liquor license and then they're not making enough money. How much revenue like percentage wise, comes from a liquor license and how hard is it? What's the challenges and actually getting a liquor license and maintaining a liquor license.
Speaker 4: So I have quite a few of those, but it's it's in the city that I operate in is not that challenging. You just have to qualify, and you have to qualify in two ways. Your location has to qualify and you have to qualify. So obviously, you know, you couldn't have a listal license before and do like reckless things with it.
Speaker 5: You got to be responsible.
Speaker 4: And then obviously you have to have the capital to build your restaurant because they want to know that you're actually you can actually build a restaurant that you're applying for the liquor license. And the challenges sometimes is that you know, when you're applying for the license, you're actually building the restaurant at the same time, so you're actually spending money while you apply for the license. The cost of the license is not a lot of money. It's only forty five hundred per bar right in New York City, So that's that's not hard, but finding a location that can be licensed can be a challenge because the liquor authority don't want too many licenses unless it's zoned differently. They don't want too many licenses or too much alcohol being sold on the same block area, right, because it's unless it's like a zone. It's zone like a Times Square or like Bourbon Street, yeah, or things like that, then then it's different or like Hell's Kitchen has has a different zone. But other places and I'm assuming it's the quality of life. They don't want too many liquor licenses on one block. I believe it's like four might be the max or something like that. I'm not sure. But your location has to qualify, so it can't be too close. I think it's the fire from your foot rolls. You gotta be five hundred feet away from a school, a church, and other entities that are in the Yeah, things like that. You can't be like you can't walk out, and then there's the nightclub, or you can't walk out, then there's you know, things like that. You're selling the liquor store, so you know they tried to so, so in that essence, the actual location needs to qualify. As well as you qualify when you get the liquor license.
Speaker 6: When you created a chapals, obviously you gotta have food clothes, but there's also a part of it that you have to market to make sure that people know that it's there. And so I'm wondering was there a marketing budget or was it the power of the relationships that you had, you know, cultivated throughout your career that helps inside that marketing.
Speaker 4: So it was a combination of both. It's the power of social media, right, So just one person or a few people that influencers, taste makers, people that just love the brand and you know and love.
Speaker 5: What we do.
Speaker 4: Can we fuse you know, our you know culture, whether you know entertainment, music, food, fashion, We kind of fused it together to create Brooklyn chop House. So when people get that experience, you know, they share it. And once they share that experience, people may say. Even today, we're getting a lot of people in Times Square like we just came here to see a play and to go to Brooklyn Chop House. So we're getting after after you know, being opened, the brand being open five years now, we're getting people from out of state that's coming in town. That they heard about it, or they heard someone celebrated there that was you know, a significant you know, personal or celebrity or artists or athlete, you know, celebrated at the restaurant. And they see the social media because it's not really like the news, it's.
Speaker 5: Just social and people posting how much.
Speaker 6: They This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring the safe plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Findinancial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 5: Earners. What's up?
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like, the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital. Tipping is a breeze and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, back sloe last, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you reach using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws order and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 4: Joy they experience how much they enjoy the food. They're taking pictures of the food, and you know, that's really what has spread the word around it and in the relationships obviously, you know help. You know, I come from a promotion promotion background, so I used to I left this part of I used to throw parties as well, like one two big parties a year, so you know, I had a small you know network of people that came to support. But it's not just that, it's just the brand is standing on its own and you know the experience of when you know they come there. The two most important things obviously the food. People like the food. But you know, you want to have a good experience in a nice place.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like I said, you know, they see me there probably at least once a week. So yeah, doing my promotional purposes. So let's ask you. Let me ask you this. So you said the two biggest costs that you could control our food and labor. Yes, you talked about food and talk about labor.
Speaker 4: Okay, so labor you have to be able to control, to schedule correctly, know your market, right, So I don't open for lunch, right. Lunch at one point prior to COVID was a big seg daytime part, a big segment of the business. But right now it's not as big in certain markets as it used to be because it's the traffic isn't the same.
Speaker 5: The traffic change.
Speaker 4: People aren't working, people aren't working as much from the office. Maybe it's three and two right, or maybe it's all at the Maybe it's all at the office. So I mean, sorry, all at home. So what happens is you have to know your you know, traffic patterns, you have to know how to schedule. And that's a huge cost because obviously, you know, there's a lot of a lot that goes into labor, and you know, New York, New York City, you know requires that you know, you do it the right way. So, you know, we we pride ourselves on having quite a few employees that help us execute. When you're busy, you need more employees. So, but when you're not busy, there's you know, some slow times you have to know how to you know, control your schedule.
Speaker 6: What are some other costs that associated with the business. Obviously said food and labor, but there's other costs that people probably aren't aware of if they're trying to get into the space that they probably should be aware of and prepare for if they're going.
Speaker 5: To Yeah, so I think knowing your location.
Speaker 4: You know, you heard the term location, location, location, knowing the right location or the concept that you're doing right.
Speaker 5: So, for instance, you might not.
Speaker 4: Want to open up subways in your neighborhood when everyone's at work during lunch, right because the subways is primarily a sandwich is primarily a lunchtime item. So you might want to position your franchise or your brand.
Speaker 5: If you.
Speaker 4: If you focus on lunch, you might want to put that there an office complex where people at work where people need to grab lunch. Right, So it's all location, right, So I think that, and you know, obviously negotiating the deal, and you know, try not to have high rents, which is tough in certain markets. That's a non controllable cost because that's a fixed cost.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So you have fixed costs that you have to obviously be aware of, you from garbage to electric to you know, rent and you know, cleaning services and things that you must have as.
Speaker 5: Far as running a restaurant.
Speaker 4: So you have the fixed costs, and then you have things that are in your control that you must control else it hurts your bottom.
Speaker 3: So you've got the variable costs and fixed costs.
Speaker 5: Insurance you're putting that.
Speaker 4: To insurance would be a fixed cost because you can't you can't control an insurance rate.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.