Speaker 1: Should I finish White Lotus?
Speaker 2: Like, is it was? It?
Speaker 1: So was the finale said to letdown. It's like, why the fuck keep a fucking care finished?
Speaker 3: Just a bitch about it. That's that's like why I I.
Speaker 1: Know discourse based viewing though I resent so much.
Speaker 4: Okay, well, then don't because it's actually not that great. So I would say, don't and if you have other TV that you like, then watch that TV.
Speaker 1: I watched the first episode of the Studio and I was like, oh, this is good.
Speaker 4: Oh really I heard it was good. I don't I'm not a TV person, so I'm very much like, what what did the internet talking about? Okay, yeah, so then I'll watch that. And it was very fun because last night, as we were trying to finish it, Matt's entire family was clearly watching Max at the same time, and so we kept signing each other out of it.
Speaker 2: So watching it and.
Speaker 4: Then exactly we couldn't even log in the beginning, and we were like, oh, everyone's watching this all like his brother's sister or his mom his uh you know, we know, like they're probably watching it in separate rooms in the same house. It was probably on in every single device and then halfway through we finally got it logged in.
Speaker 3: First of all, he logged everybody out in order to watch it.
Speaker 4: He was like, oh, I'm logging everybody out, which is such a bitch.
Speaker 3: Move because it stops in the middle of you watching it.
Speaker 4: If you're watching it and someone logs everybody out, it will like sputter, It's not going to keep going.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I think something's wrong, right, right exactly.
Speaker 4: And then in the middle of when we were watching, somebody log us out. So it's like and I was just text the group, text the family. No, it was just yeah, terrorism, you know, just talking to.
Speaker 1: People losing it over the family trunch, Rich White People, angst show, Hello the Internet, and welcome to Season three, eighty three, Episode two of The Dailyes That GUYSAPT production by Heart Radio. This is a podcast where we take a deep dive into america shared consciousness.
Speaker 2: It's Tuesday, April.
Speaker 1: Eighth, twenty twenty five. You say, what day is that? It's National Library Workers Day. First, you're talking about librarians. Now it's the library workers who I'd imagine do we also consider them librarians or just people work ats If your custodial staff or whatever. Shout out to y'all National empan not a day, National zoo Lover's Day, like you go to a zoo, not like a like a zoo file or something like you're an animal like you like the zoo. Shout out the la zoo.
Speaker 2: I have not been since I had the guy's child. What and I hear it?
Speaker 3: Oh, I know good, it's good.
Speaker 4: I mean it is like it's kind of a it's kind of an uphill climb consistently. In the last time we went, the animals were all really horny, Like the rhino was like just dig fully out, really yeah. And the draft one draft just like dick out, just chasing this other one.
Speaker 3: But it's spring, man, it's spring. What are you gonna do? Beautiful good day?
Speaker 1: Damn well, hey, take your kids for some kind of nature lesson if you want to go to a zoo soon while the season still is out there. My name is Miles Gray AKA so bye bye Miss American buys hit them all with tariffs. Now our finances.
Speaker 2: Dry and good old boys get tariffs on their whiskey and rast singing.
Speaker 1: This is how the economy die. Sing in this how the economy. Shout out to archcam camp for that very wonderful submission on the discord for that AKA and look, I'm gonna get right to it. I'm thrilled to be joined by my co host today. We all we all know her, we all respect her, we all love her. She's a comedian, she's an activist, she's a host, she's a journalist. We only have multi hyphenic guest host song.
Speaker 2: That's just how we do this.
Speaker 1: It can't just be a podcaster because that's me, and then I can feel better when they do all this other shit.
Speaker 2: That is very impressive.
Speaker 1: So please join me and welcome you to the Mike. Our guest co host Forort Today, Fred Tska, if you're Tod, also shout out the Situation room.
Speaker 2: Sorry I should have I should have shot. It's all good.
Speaker 3: It's all good. Hey, thanks for having me. I don't have a song.
Speaker 4: I forgot to do a song, but I now I have to join the discord and next time I'm on, somebody somebody suggests a song.
Speaker 2: Please. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm currently fucking with Blake Wexler, who's in the discord asking for akas. I'm like, yo, he ain't even coming on the show.
Speaker 3: Blake's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Our guest today. Francesca is a very it's a first time guest. We always like first time guests. You might know him from his newsletter Garbage Day or his new podcast Panic World, talking about just you know, all the things, the conspiracies, the way our minds are distorted through the Internet and all kinds of things, and how how that manifests in our physical world. Please welcome to the microphone the very talented Ryan Broadrock.
Speaker 2: Hello.
Speaker 5: I also don't have a song, but I will sing something for your listeners. Hey, they can DM me and I'll send them a weird video.
Speaker 2: That's tough time.
Speaker 1: Is there genre that you sort of specialize?
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, like ska music, you know you can.
Speaker 5: Still still sure someone's you know it's coming back with that came I didn't, but with the economy and free fall, like it's a perfect time for you know dy music.
Speaker 1: Let's hell yeah exactly, let's like use our I feel like that could be the new street Man because like it doesn't require like well, it does require some amps, but if you get a good horn section out.
Speaker 2: There, that's all you need.
Speaker 1: That's all we can be doing aquabats covers there you go anti negativity helpt.
Speaker 5: I'm glad I've already derailed this podcast by mentioning skot music.
Speaker 4: Let's tea. Man, It's so embarrassing, how much like freshman year of high school was like, so this is how you skank? And I was, oh, yeah, we're going to do that the homecoming dance. Hell, we're all really into ska and skanking and and I'd like to say that was my most embarrassing period of my high school years. But then I got into jam bands, so you know, you can.
Speaker 5: Always that's unfamily worse yeaher and ship Oh.
Speaker 2: I was absolutely yeah, yeah, soundtrack, let's go. I was I was there.
Speaker 1: I was there because look, I played trumpet in band. Okay, and then at the time, okay, especially when I was in around eighth grade, Aqua bats was popping off and I was like, yo, bro get me in there, and I'm good at horn. I can hit all these horn lines. Next thing you know, I'm in a band called the Liptnes because we like lifting ice o. Okay, that's so incredibly good. Yeah, we we did. We almost went to battle the bands at Cresby High School in the San Fernando Valley. But we didn't go to Cresby wed Dame all day baby. Anyway, Ryan, thanks for joining us, Thanks for having me weird time for panics right now, huh.
Speaker 5: I mean for me, it's great, like nothing, you know, there's something new to talk about all the time. We were really kind of nervous when we started the show with that sort of that sort of lens, but it's actually paid off quite well for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, thank you, mister.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, sometimes like that is it, like sometimes we're not anxious enough. Sometimes we're too anxious, like we really just can't get it right. So it's yeah, it's been a good time for me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, we're gonna touch in on all of the things that are just throwing us for a loop at the moment, and even the billionaires they're like, hey, what the heck the heck's going on? Usually we're in control of everything. We'll talk about that. We'll also talk about RFK doing his like very predictable when eighty to when eighty that he does very publicly, and then also talk about the Minecraft movie because while the stocks are down, the box office numbers were up fucking way up for the Minecraft Movie and the kids are fucking There's some clips I've seen on the internet just kids fucking losing it yeah in the movie like they're watching. I can't explain it. I've never thrown my drink in the fucking air during a screening, but these little freaks have. But before we get into any of that, we ask you, ryan our guests, what's something from your search history that's revealing about who you are, what you're into.
Speaker 5: Well, uh, recently, I was googling like quinoa recipes because I gained a lot of weight during the winter and I'm trying to, like, you know, get back in shape. And I'm happy to say I did discover a pretty good recipe for making queenoa not taste like dirt.
Speaker 2: So here you go.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's quenoa, like the the Way Forward.
Speaker 5: I mean, apparently it's slightly better for you than rice. And here's here's a little here's a little tip. You can take a Japanese curry cube and put it in a rice cooker with quenoa and it actually tastes like food, yeah, and not like drywall, which I think is what it usually tastes like.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, this is when I chime in that I have an allergy to quinoa that like, only it doesn't I don't like, you know, get our hives or anything, and I don't really have allergies no to anything else, but it kills my stomach. Like if it's not cooked, you know, you have to cook it so perfectly that like the little kroll comes out, and if it's like slightly under which like every vegan restaurant was like here this hard sawdust, and it's just like my stomach goes in a spasm, straight spasm. It's I think it's not the easiest thing to digest, what I mean, it's but it's feeling as shit.
Speaker 2: So that's true.
Speaker 1: Something about a queen wash shortage recently, it's a thing.
Speaker 2: I mean, I assume we're just gonna have all kinds of shortages now. So I'm really just like I'm enjoying.
Speaker 3: Food, not the queene, I know.
Speaker 2: I just like I like that. I'm very worried about that.
Speaker 1: You're so la you go to a place and you're like, I actually have a quene while or sorry, like, oh my god, well, we'll see if we can get you anything to eat here.
Speaker 4: I'd like some bread I can only eat just massive amounts of bread and butter, please for free.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 1: That sounds really good, very much, Ryan. What's something you think is underrated?
Speaker 2: Underrated? That is a great question.
Speaker 5: I actually okay, Like this might be kind of an insane thing to say, but like I I didn't. I really didn't properly use Instagram for like five years because I just like didn't want to use it anymore, and now I'm using it again. And Instagram stories I actually think are underrated as like a way to understand what people are up to. Like it's like I actually am like enjoying Instagrams, like just using them.
Speaker 1: Okay, give me an example, Like what's a story that you've seen? You go, Okay, there's value to this?
Speaker 5: Oh no, not like it's not like anyone's or anything.
Speaker 2: It's it's not like there's any like actual value what people were putting on all.
Speaker 1: I thought you were blown up with the breaking their shifting the paradigm. You're like, nah, man, the real truth is in the stories.
Speaker 5: I don't want to like rag on my friends here, but like they're not doing anything interesting on it. But sure, I do feel, like, you know, because I live I live in New York. I'm in my mid thirties. I work in the media sort at and like it used to be you could go on Twitter and yeah, there'd be a ton of new stuff, but you'd also see like what people in your industry or your friends or whatever we're like thinking about, you know, the new HBO season fail or whatever, you know, their lives. Facebook used to be like that too, but like those places don't do that anymore. So actually, like Instagram Stories is kind of like the last place left to just like passively see what people in your life are up to, oh for sure, And that I think is pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think you're right about this, especially when you realize that's so many people think that their grid is like precious and they can't post it there, and so they'll just do a lot of stories and then they'll never and like also, like famous people will do a lot of stories and never post or like post only official ship.
Speaker 3: So that's also way to like low key creep on the people, you know.
Speaker 4: And it's nice that it's like automatical lit'll keep going so I don't have to, like so I could just like start it and then be brushing my teeth and like keep on watching.
Speaker 2: It and then while you're brushing your teeth.
Speaker 3: You know, I'm trying to not do this, but I get bored.
Speaker 2: You get bored brushing your teeth. It's like consumer this is like.
Speaker 3: Two minutes, and like no one's even entertaining me right.
Speaker 1: Now because you do it till the time or go off. What do you have an electric toothbrush?
Speaker 2: Is that what you said?
Speaker 1: Two minutes?
Speaker 2: Does a lot of them have?
Speaker 4: I have liked a shitty electric toothbrush. That's like definitely way too hard for my comps because.
Speaker 1: You just out pink every time.
Speaker 5: Like I don't watch any content when I brush your teeth, but I just stare angrily into my own eyes and I just you know, it's like it's really intense for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do when I brush my teeth, no content, but I try and see if I can count to thirty in my mind's clock, Like see what my internal clock is, Like I have a whole countdown that I'd like four on this top row, four bottom to form the inside of my teeth for the anyway.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got that. That's probably better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And that's why, and that's why I'm so fucking zen about everything. I think a lot of people don't realize that's that's my secret. It's just not consuming content when I brush my teeth. Ryan, what's something you think is overrated?
Speaker 2: Overrated?
Speaker 5: That is a That is also a great question because I I you know what I'm gonna say. Uh, I'm gonna say the city of Nashville, Tennessee. I went there recently and it's pretty cool. But I think people are making a really big deal.
Speaker 2: Out of it. Mmmmmm, Like in what sense, what do you mean.
Speaker 5: Like, like, well, it's not it's not I don't think it's like equipped to handle the level of interest that it has. When I was there, it was like the week where like all of the bachelorette parties had a simultaneously that.
Speaker 1: I feel like, that's what I hear. That's the Vegas for that part of the country, right.
Speaker 5: But it's like specifically for bachelor pars, which is nothing against but a good bachelorette party, but the city can't like handle it so like and you can't drink outside that's the problem. Vegas, New Orleans you can drink on the street. Yeah, Nashville, you can't drink on the street. So everyone just gets stuff from these giant country bars, and you can't you can't do anything, And I think that's I think it's a little over I think they gotta they gotta change the when they If they can change the drinking outside laws, then I'll.
Speaker 2: Say it's not overrated. But right now I would say it's overrated.
Speaker 1: So I'm guessing you you love the ability to drink outside.
Speaker 5: No, I think it's well, I mean, yes, of course, I'm a civilized person, but yeah, yeah, it's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: But more importantly, if if you're cramming everybody into like yeah, it's fun. Yeah, I get a little claustrophobic.
Speaker 5: So like if I could just like have a beer out on the sidewalk, like like a person, you know, a normal human being, I think that would be better. So yeah, I'm gonna go with Nashville, Tennessee as being overrated until they fix that.
Speaker 1: I think it's over it too, But that's because Kid Rock always throws me out of his honky tonk.
Speaker 2: Dude, I walked by it. It was so big.
Speaker 5: He has the bit it's it's like a five story bar. And he's always having a weird yeah, and he's always having like a weird meltdown in there's I mean, which is awesome.
Speaker 2: I guess it's like you.
Speaker 1: But it's like the bizarro mothership comedy mothership.
Speaker 2: To Kid what the monkey tonk? Honky Tonk is a country bar.
Speaker 5: It's it's and typically they play honky tonk music, which is a specific kind of music for a honky tonk bar.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and Kid Rock owns one, and he just it's a screamfest all the day. There's that clip of him going to I forget it's like the some like keyboard just for Journey or some ship, and like took over his birthday and told the crowd they weren't ship because they weren't saying along with him exactly.
Speaker 3: Very that is that the wife, the husband of Lauren Bobert.
Speaker 4: No no, no, no no, the journeying person is married to this spiritual advisor of Donald Trump who believes in like the prosperity gospel.
Speaker 3: And I'm forgetting her name.
Speaker 1: Paula White.
Speaker 4: Paula White, Yeah, yeah, yeah, okay, they all probably hang around that honky talk.
Speaker 1: It makes sense, Journey, we were all rooting for you, Jesus, I was.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: I also realized I think I mentioned the keyboard player because I think that dude played with Carlos Santana woodstock and there's a very iconic Carlos Santana's soul sacrifice performance.
Speaker 2: So like the keyboard players, fucking like just you know a lot of cool facts about the journey keyboard player.
Speaker 1: You know, that's just I got a bit of a stocking case. I'm trying to get started, thrown out of the courts. I think it's called just being a number one fan. Anyway, that's cool. Yeah, thank you, thank you. See fandoms are back. Let's take a quick break, we'll come back to talk about the news, and we are back. So over the weekend, RFK did this thing that we've seen happen already this year where he will act like vaccine, like he has a come to Jesus moment and he's like, actually, vaccines are the only way to really keep our children safe. And then like once that tweet cooks, he then turns them out and he's like, psych take God, liver oil, invite him in a my guys, I'm still with you. I just have to say shit, so I don't look like I'm trying to kill children. And he has done the exact fucking same thing this last weekend on Sunday, he attended the funeral of an eight year old child that succumbed to a measles infection and use that anecdote to try and launder his reputation as a backwards anti vaxxer, saying he was there to comfort the family and was actively taking on this outbreak. This part of the tweet was very interesting to read coming from RFK quote, the most effective way to prevent the spread of measles is the MMR vaccine, and then he also said that he was talking to Governor Abbott about like deploying CDC teams to help with the outbrit You're like, whoa the CBC that you're gutting? Oh yeah, they get what was this? Obviously the replies one guy, Yeah. The replies under this tweet were unhinged. One person said your post got cut off. The MMR is also one of the most effective ways to cause autisms, as witnessed by millions of parents worldwide and covered by the CDC's fraudulent study at the heart of this documentary then links up to a documentary called Vaxed from cover up to katash Dell.
Speaker 4: Big Tree is a is a sort of notorious anti vaxxer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was kind of feeling like fuck that guy, but yes, very again, the heavyweights have come out. Then yeah, another another fan comes out, quote, fucking real normal. I think what you meant to say is that doctors in Texas are murdering children with erroneous hospital protocols in order to keep their trillion dollar vaccine grift going, and that you have asked the DOJ to arrest these doctors and charge them with crimes against humanity. Sure huh no he when did he ever say that?
Speaker 2: Okay? Sure? Sure again.
Speaker 1: I think also this is probably very normal for an RFK tweet, that you inspire these kinds of just reactions just in any capacity. And while that may have been celebrated on parts of the internet as if RFK saw the light, because you did see some headlines that were like RFK now says MMR vaccine is the way to prevent measles infection, he in fact did not. Just a few hours after that tweet, he posted how he was visiting Mennonite families with children that had also been infected with measles, and then he praised two healers. He said, quote I also he's like on top of those families. Quote I also visited with these two extraordinary healers, doctor Richard Bartlett and doctor Ben Edwards, who have treated and healed some three hundred measles stricken Mennonite children using aerosolized moodessinide and clarithromycin.
Speaker 3: Ooh love a clarithromycin.
Speaker 1: I love a clarinet with mice in it, you know what I mean. And both of these guys again frauds and deal in anti vaxx nonsense and giving people their own homebrew meds. Doctor Bartlett specifically was described as quote having a history of using unconventional treatments and who was disciplined for unusual use of risk filled medications by the Texas Medical Board in twenty twenty three. So a very predictable kind of thing.
Speaker 4: You gotta be a massive piece of shit to go to someone's funeral for their eight year old and then be hawking this stuff. But the problem is, I mean, they're preying on the Mennonite community, and anti vaxxers have preyed on all kinds of sort of you know, religious folks, and anyone who's like already predisposed of buying into cults, which I would argue, you know, yeah, men nights are they're all they only speak German. I mean I I and you know RFK Junior's Children's Defense, Health, Defend and Fund or whatever has its own TV channel. They straight up went and interviewed the first parents who's I believe six year old died and they were like.
Speaker 3: We just don't believe in owned vaccine whatever it was, you know, like they were like, no, we would do it all over again.
Speaker 4: We believe RFK Junior, you know, and it's too bad, but that's this is God's will.
Speaker 3: And you're just like it's.
Speaker 4: I mean, I hate to be the one or like people like child abuse, but it's child abuse.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry, Like that is not the child's decision.
Speaker 1: When yeah, especially when you put it to the perspective anyone who has their own child and you're like, well, what are the options? Give them a thing the doctors are saying will save their life, or give it up to sky Ghost and hope that everything works out. I'm going sky ghost every time. You know, sky Ghost is currently bad record for that.
Speaker 2: True.
Speaker 5: Yeah, RFK is really weird though, because like like he's a Kennedy, right, so he doesn't like he doesn't have the usual prof file of an anti vaxer, where like they're clearly at a certain level just like lying to make money. Like he's he's like a true believer, which like you know, you're normal anti vaxxer. You're gonna see on Facebook like event if you watching off the videos, you can kind of tell like they know that, like this is like a pyramid scheme and they want you to buy supplements or sim bullshit. But he is like genuinely ideological about this in a way that it is I think a lot more dangerous, especially because now he's extremely powerful. Yeah but he is. He's super handsome, so it's fine for me personally. I think shoulders, he's huge shoulders. Shoulders Yeah, but like people like I mean he he he Also, Okay, this is the thing I can't really tell about like any of the guys in Trump world, like RFK right now is like how much do they care about being popular? Like it's a really weird moment unlike Trump one, where like they kind of still cared about the economy, about like getting voted again, like voted into power again, like the normal sort of levers of democracy. But now I have no idea if RFK actually cares, if he like if he causes a measles outbreak.
Speaker 2: No, it's like and keeps them.
Speaker 4: Each of them are their own little zelots. They're like riding this till the wheels come off. And first of all, I dispute that he's hot. He seems like like an ng I mean, if you like an orange dummy bear that's been left out in the sun. You know, like that's like the sort of like he's.
Speaker 5: Like, yeah, he looks like his skin looked like turkey jerky.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and he's always telling you the last thing he's gonna ever tell you.
Speaker 3: And you're like, he.
Speaker 5: Looks like he's I mean, but I bet he looks like he just smells crazy, like like he like like he's just got crazy old man.
Speaker 1: But you know what it is, he has crazy old man smell. But Cheryl Hines like sprays him with a ton of colomb before he goes out the door because he doesn't listen to her. And she's like, Okay, the dead fucking whalehead the Yeah, that's what I'm saying to your point. Yeah, he doesn't give a fuck about it. This guy is fucking chopping off whaleheads to take home and playing HEDI bear with like a dead bear cub, like setting it up in Central Park. This guy is like on, he's got his own fucking shit going that. I don't know how you get through to him. And to that same thing. He he kind of understands optics well enough because he comes from like a political background where he's like, Okay, I'll do this thing, I'll glad hand with grieving families and then just kind of give some give a headline that maybe people won't look right into what I say directly after that where I show that was all fucking fake and I just said that to say it because I'm a sociopath.
Speaker 4: But yeah, hey, I mean he's yeah, he's like doing the whole like you know, experiments that you know he did when he was eight years old on you know, feeding whatever animal to his falcon, Like it's just that on a greater scale. It truly, our Vike Junior is probably the most single, singlely most terrifying person in the administration. I hold and it, I mean, one thing, if he were going after big Pharma like he says he hates, but they're not doing fuck all about big pharma. Like if you if you were normal, like if you were like, Okay, I understand my vaxed positions are not popular, but my anti pharma stuff is my anti big pharma.
Speaker 3: You would lead with that, you know what I mean, and try.
Speaker 2: It's there's no point there to what he's doing.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, It's it's like everything in this administration, it's like we just need one thing to kind of point to a problem people kind of agree on, and then I'll do nothing that is actually consistent with that. I'm just sort of using I'm evoking that that sense of outrage and then be like, and that's why I gotta do this other backwards stuff, right, we gotta vaccine. I don't know, but yeah, this is uh, you know, we'll continue to see what's going on with this. But yeah, that that Musles outbreak doesn't seem like it's letting up at the moment. Let's keep talking about the economy, guys, mostly because I think this is I don't know, this is it's starting to I'm seeing I see headlines. There's headlines every week that's like, oh.
Speaker 2: Starting to Crack.
Speaker 1: It did seem like we were getting a little wobbly last week with the GEO and everybody sort of staying in line and me like insisting that everything is fine. This administration does is fine, these tariffs will be fine. Then the markets took an absolute dump and we're getting sort of various versions of dissent coming out. So right now, a lot of like the big billionaire's hedge fund investors, the people who like people the hyper wealthy that we're backing Trump are now awkwardly kind of doing a tweet that's kind of like, I.
Speaker 6: Mean, I don't know what he thinks is going to happen, but we're about to fuck everything up if we go forward with these tariffs without totally losing it on Trump, like Bill Ackman, Jamie Diamond, Howard Marks from oak Tree Capital.
Speaker 1: That list goes on and on and on where people are doing a version of not attacking Trump but being like this will end poorly ending. We're already seeing it, but they won't go full bore and say, like, get this fucking guy out of here. This is a disaster. Although it seems like they say that privately. Elon Musk has lost around thirty billion dollars since Liberation Day, which brings his total losses this calendar year to around one hundred and thirty billion. Mark Zuckerberg lost twenty eight billion since Liberation Day. Jeff Bezos lost around twenty three billion. Warren Buffett is the outlier here. He lost about two and a half billion last week, but that puts him up over twelve billion this year. Because I think he's one of the few billionaires I just noped his way out of shares like things like Apple and Bank of America and Stay Group, And he's like, what is this.
Speaker 2: Fucking guy gonna do?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, no, no, no, no, no, don't. I'm this is not gonna help anyone. So things aren't great for the people that were so willing to bend over backwards for Trump in the name of, you know, increased inequality. Musk is now basically telling the Europeans that he wants zero tariffs. That's what he's now coming to them with with Europe though, yeah, yeah, yeah, with Europe specifically, because this was him sort of addressing a European audience, and I think he was also looking at how Tesla is just useless or he's part.
Speaker 5: Of I think it's part of the plan though, which is like you put up the tariffs and then you basically make them like bend the knee to get rid of them.
Speaker 1: Of course, of course that's the whole thing. Like where people always talk about Trump one of the best, not the best negotiating strategies, but a negotiating strategy is make people think like you will blow the earth up to get your way. So people go, damn, we don't want to blow the earth up.
Speaker 2: We may we might as well do what he is And he's like, probably I'm not. I secretly I'm not going to do it, but hopefully they will come to me.
Speaker 1: But here's Elon Musk again with a bit of a softer tone, as he tends to do when his money goes shrinky dinks, talking to the to a European audience about where he sees tariffs.
Speaker 2: Can't wait to see how visibly high an academy he isn't as clod.
Speaker 1: I think he's on beta blockers, probably based on just sort of his like low, sort of measured tone.
Speaker 2: But here here's here's Elon.
Speaker 7: And I'm hopeful, for example, with the tariffs, that that at the end of the day. I hope it is agreed that both Europe and the United States should move iteally I view to a zero caraff situation, effectively creating a free trade zone between Europe and North America, and that that would be my That's what I hope I helpe occurs.
Speaker 2: There's like also.
Speaker 7: More freedom of people to move between Europe and North America.
Speaker 2: Which people?
Speaker 3: Which people that, yeah, are the white people?
Speaker 2: Uh huh.
Speaker 3: I love this, Oh my god. I love how Saddie is.
Speaker 4: I love that it's the same energy that he brought when he was like, you know, how are you running your businesses with with with with great difficulty to be honest with you, I.
Speaker 3: Want him to get so annoyed at the United States and be.
Speaker 8: Like, oh, you didn't even let me buy your Wisconsin Supreme Court seat. I'm going back to Africa, like just you know, I really want him to go back to South Africa and be like, let's create I don't want this, obviously for the people of South Africa, but I'm like, just go, just go.
Speaker 3: He's like, let's do a bart.
Speaker 1: He tries to get in on that same pro like refugee program.
Speaker 4: He's like, but I he goes back and then tries to come again, so he doesn't want to buy the Trump gold card. This is a guy who is I mean, I think he's reflecting what everyone else is, which is like, it's not even about bringing countries to heal and having equal tariffs. It is Donald Trump thinks that any trade deficit is bad for the United States. That US being able to buy more from countries that make diamonds or coffee or bananas, things that we don't buy. That inherently means we're being screwed over. It is dumb, dumb economics. Like again, he needs to go to school. He means he should have actually finished his fucking classes at Wharton or whatever. And I love Peo either, Like, we're going to create a free trade zone, bitch, what do you think the last thirty years has been for the United States? It has been nothing but a free trade zone for multinational corporations.
Speaker 3: They literally have.
Speaker 4: Free trade zones in all of the impoverished countries. You're now slapping with tariffs so that you get your cheap goods for free and that manufacturers can pay shit wages, Like do not understand what's been set up for the last one?
Speaker 1: Again, thirty years and this is how he's gonna extract concessions from many nations. Right, Oh, that's the cool thing, and then America will be winning again. But yeah, to your point, when he's like, oh, yeah, our trade with Madagascar's way off, it's like why because because we get vanilla from them, they make seventy per They produce seventy percent of the vanilla on the fucking planet. Like what are we opening up the Central Valley now to do? Like we're growing coffee, We're going bananas, We're going all these others.
Speaker 4: If you dig a little bit deeper, there's definitely some vanilla in the Earth's crust.
Speaker 3: Like where does he think it's coming from?
Speaker 5: I mean I read that it's actually not physically possible for America to grow enough coffee for America coffee drinkers, Like it actually can't be done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, truly, truly. And this is again the sort of you see a ton of weird responses under like posts, like in comment sections, like on Fox and other places where like they're explaining, oh, like we get a lot of this from this country. Like wait, bo I thought, oh I thought this company was American's Like yeah.
Speaker 2: What do you think the fucking material Oh no.
Speaker 5: Yeah, none of them are anymore quick lesson. Yeah, but I kind of sympathize sort of with like especially like the average conservative voter who is now sort of like realizing that like they elected like a demented old man who now has like absolute power, and like they're never going to admit it probably, but like this is why you don't do this, like this is this is also not new, Like authoritarians do weird economic shit all the time, like going all the way back to like Nazism, like they did weird economic shit, like the Latin American dictatorships did weird economic shit. Like this is just how it goes, because that's what happens when you have a weird old man in charge of your country with no checks abound.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and nail coffee and gassing you up all the time. Like yep, yep, exactly, that's sir, exactly exactly just how this works.
Speaker 3: Like you want to oh sorry, sorry not to cut you off.
Speaker 4: I was just gonna jump on because the South America stuff, you know, I in Argentina for many years and example, they still are paying for the you know debt that the military junta incurred. They were the ones who started the World Bank sort of you know, debt structure, and they're still paying it now. And what's so crazy is like you see the way that Elon revers Javier Melay right in in in Argentina, and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, but we aren't Argentina. I live there.
Speaker 4: We don't have a six hundred percent inflation rate every goddamn year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, which case right?
Speaker 3: Yet?
Speaker 4: And so that's exactly it's like we're trying to I think I don't think that this is the goal, but I do think it's like, oh, you're going to cheapen the dollar. You want to turn us into like a competitive in quotation Marx country, rather than embracing the fact that we are literally the economic hedgemon for a reason.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I know.
Speaker 4: I mean it's amazing you hear Howard Latni Commerce Secretary kind of echo these things that I used to say in the early two thousands part of the global justice movement, like you know, these labor standards and environmental practices abroad are really bad. It's like, yeah, no shit, man. So it's just like stop trying to everyone's trying to couch it. No matter if it's Lutnik, or.
Speaker 3: If it's you know, Scott Besstt or something.
Speaker 4: Bestin't exactly or must or whomever or other billionaires. I think he's gonna in three weeks, he's gonna bring everyone to heal.
Speaker 3: No matter what.
Speaker 4: They're all just trying to make it look like what it is, make it not look like what it is, which is a massive fucking fuck up that, honestly, speaking of the junta, we could be paying for for decades and decades and decades.
Speaker 5: I'm glad you mentioned that I used to live in Brazil so Apollo, and you could obviously see the ghosts of their dictatorship still to this day. But I was living there during a hyperinflationary moment where the RAYI went from I think three ray eyes to the dollar at a six like overnight. And I don't think that the average American like understands like what that looks or feels like. We're like, you know, you go to the store and they're just taping new numbers being over just like that. Yeah, No, like it literally is just like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, like for the businesses that don't go out of business, right, So, like.
Speaker 5: You know, if you if you really can't like grab your head around this just like just you know, imagine like a moment two or three weeks from now when like you don't actually in your mind know what things cost anymore, and like the chaos that that's gonna be. And like and as you said, even if we come through this and we're still in a democracy where we go back to some sort of quote unquote normal democracy, that stuff doesn't go away. Like the damage is decades, generations long. So that's what I'm the most.
Speaker 2: Excited about right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's what I'm looking for. Yeah, I mean a lot of people are like when are they gonna impeach them? What's gonna happen? I mean, like, I think it is interesting because there is like it's like what happens when one guy is just trying to fuck up all the capitalists' money, and like how do they respond, like do that? Because like they were all in line when they thought that this was just going to be like yeah, dude, it's just an open season on fucking people like workers over and consumers over. But they're like wait, wait, not not not totally fucking up the game either, because we're seeing things like there's a there was a lawsuit out of Florida.
Speaker 2: I think that's really interesting.
Speaker 1: The New Civil Liberties Alliance filed a complaint over the legality of Trump's tariffs, specifically because he was talking about how he's using this specific Act to be able to say like I can circumvent Congress, and I can I can levy tariffs just because I want to. So the New Civil Liberties Alliance was representing a Florida based like stationary company. They again argue Trump doesn't have the legal authority to just declare shit like this. It's also very interesting is the New Civil Liberties Alliance is partly funded by Charles Koch and Leonard Leo And you're like, okay, this like a what is it? Is this a little bit of some asyometrical warfare? Here are they trying to bring him to heal?
Speaker 4: I mean yeah, I mean these guys that have their monkey paw and they're like fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah truly like where I'm like, oh, oh, okay. Then we've seen Republicans. We saw a Representative Bacon from Nebraskas like he's like, I'm going to represent legislator introduce legislation to claw back some of the authority to enact tariffs like that should be our responsibility as Congress. But again, that may be less of an effective strategy, considering that Mike Johnson put language into a bill in a procedural vote last month that quote would prevent the Chamber from voting on any proposed bill that would end Trump's National Emergency Declaration against Mexico, Canada, and China, which, again, as in the Washington Post, it puts it effectively shielding House Republicans from taking a hard vote that could rebuke the president.
Speaker 4: That was the biggest thing in the budget bill that everyone was so concerned about. That's why it is unforgivable that Chuck Schumer and nine other Senate Democrats voted for it is because it abdicated congressional responsibility and oversight for things like the budget, for things like the very budget they sign that away. And so yeah, the fact that they're like, oh shoot, I'll get to find said, we don't have any power. You can't just ask for your balls back after you've like handed them over. Can't be like cause them now. No, it's not how it works.
Speaker 1: You've handed them over, just now you're really done.
Speaker 5: What really gets me, though, is that like, this is how it goes, Like you're talking about like the junta in Argentina, in Chile and Brazil, going everytatorship you want to look at that comes to power. The capitalists like we love this, this is so cool, and theships like give me your money, and they're like, oh, I didn't think that that would happen. I mean it's every single instance going like going back one hundred and fifty years when this happens.
Speaker 2: So I don't have a lot of sympathy for them.
Speaker 1: Actually, I think I don't have any sympathy at all. I mean, I think that's part of the sort of sickness that bleeds into the minds of these capitalists too, is that they their their value system is so like they have such tunnel vision that they don't actually consider any other factor aside from I'm making the line go up and this guy's helping, and I don't know what the other stuff that he's saying, because I'm pretty sure he's all in on this thing too.
Speaker 2: Cut to.
Speaker 1: You are now surprised, Pikachu dot Jake.
Speaker 5: That's why that's why I'm I'm very liquid in fart coin right now. I tell us about that I was doing talk to a coin but then a point yeah hawk coin, but it went down.
Speaker 1: Those guy's not a true believer or not. He's a fed dude, he didn't.
Speaker 2: I just think I just.
Speaker 5: Think any good leftist listening to this should invest in fart coin next, you know, that's what you guys should do, part.
Speaker 1: Coin or just fart on your coins, whatever you got left ye try those.
Speaker 4: I think that's a really good point about like fascists and and the ways that it's seen like, oh, this is going to help business, but in fact, because they have so much unchecked power and they're actually often not smart enough to do the ship that they're doing, it's not ultimately good for business. The real thing we have to hold on to is that, like the dollar is still dominant, the point in which companies are not coming back to the country and we are trying to borrow right from other you know what I mean, Like that's when we are gonna get really fucked.
Speaker 3: But again, this idea that like the.
Speaker 4: Jobs are coming back, that like, you know, all this is possible because right because let's follow their logic, it is okay, everything's going to be really expensive to import obviously that's falling on consumers.
Speaker 3: Consumers aren't gonna buy very much.
Speaker 4: Then companies will what take five years to ten years to build more infrastructure.
Speaker 3: Here in the US.
Speaker 4: That will bring about jobs that pay about I don't know, nine to fifty an hour, maybe to assemble an iPhone. In twelve years, you could get that job again. It will be nine to fifty like and then prosperity.
Speaker 5: For yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, So wait, I was actually I was working on a piece about this this morning. I've seen the answer to that question, like if you and I'm sure you've too, no, like if you dig around like the fucking dark corners of X right now, the answer is it's prosperity because women are out of the workforce, men work in factories, and we've returned to traditional gender roles. That is the that is the final project of this. And you can see it this morning where like there's people in Fox News being like, we're solving the masculinity crisis by building factories in America. Is like, that's what's happening.
Speaker 4: When you come home, there will be a roast in the oven. It'll be called my head exactly.
Speaker 5: But that's that's the plan is that the plan is to essentially destroy the global economy so that women don't go to work anymore. Men have to like make like buttons in a factory in Wisconsin somewhere.
Speaker 1: There's so many Yeah, there's so many end games that are so probable. It's like frightening, you know, because then there's like the version of we need to accelerate the degradation of like the economy here, so people just get frothing at the mouth for some kind of new fucked up social norms.
Speaker 4: So fifteen years I foresee will be making buttons for a Chinese podcast after having having to give up our podcast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Chinese century is here, baby, Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean that's really the winner in all this. That's what's so funny.
Speaker 4: I Mean, we talked about how Russia is not included on the tariff list, but it really is China once again crushing it.
Speaker 3: And good for them. They didn't.
Speaker 1: They're doing what Chuck Schumer is doing. They're like, no, bro, let these motherfuckers.
Speaker 3: They took that James Carville advice like played it played dead.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, yeah, no, go ahead, no yea, go through with that.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: We make everything that your.
Speaker 2: Fucking people consume all the time, right are you?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm smuggling a Hawaii phone across the border as we speak right now.
Speaker 2: I'm very excited. I can't wait.
Speaker 1: Well, luckily, there are still people that have completely lost touch with reality and have no idea how the economy works. Because Pastor Julie Green aka the Maga prophet who Eric Trump goes I love show a lot. She's great. He was recently on and she was like, Eric, your father I believe was anointed by God. And He's like, yeah, yeah, that part exactly.
Speaker 2: He's got a lot of teeth and gum, you know. Oh yeah.
Speaker 1: She also explained that the tariffs are basically Satan trying to make President Trump look bad. So here, let's let's let let's let her sort of explain this because I think how this works. Okay, it makes it's very clear, like obviously, like the teriffs look bad if you understand Satan's plan. And she says the word enemy, I don't know if who. It could be people of color, it could be the world, it could be Satan, I don't know. Use it interchangeably in your mind.
Speaker 9: First of all, this was a strategy to the enemy from the enemy, God said, what happened to make our president look bad?
Speaker 3: She's very drunk.
Speaker 2: She's about to say. She has an incredible she.
Speaker 5: Has the most incredible pinui voice.
Speaker 1: You shouldn't drink like a half bottle. Carlo Rossi saon blanc and take a xanax bar.
Speaker 2: At this queen out.
Speaker 5: I want to queen out with this woman so badly talking about demons and spirits, holy ship. She has the most incredible turquoise jewelry. I want to just hang out with this one.
Speaker 1: So if you yes ended her in this state, she's in you. This conversation will go to places you never thought fucking imagine, like exactly, talk that.
Speaker 3: Ship down, Mike, Wait, this is way better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, just go Yeah, it's her sister. Okay, go on freaking out.
Speaker 9: First of all, from the enemy, God said, what happened to make our president look bad? To make the tariffs look bad? Actually, the tariffs are very bad. So that dark financial system the enemies have in place.
Speaker 2: She can't say the word told us.
Speaker 9: When we start seeing a shaking in the in the economy, and.
Speaker 3: Boy, are not to fear.
Speaker 9: Because this is not going to affect us. This is going to affect our enemy, and he's trying to keep a hold of the economy. They're the ones who are bringing it down. They're the ones who bring it up. They manipulate all the time. So I don't want you to fear when you start hearing these things. Whether it keeps going down today or whether it starts rebounding today, I have no idea. All I know is that God is judging that system. So if we start seeing more and more of a decline, God is saying, remember the land of Goshen.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, all right, all right, yeah, I'm now I'm starting to feel totally fucked up just listening to Yeah.
Speaker 5: She's like, she's so cool. I love I love her.
Speaker 4: She's I wish I had that confidence, you know, just to be like half a bottle deep and be like I'm going live and talking.
Speaker 1: I want to get out.
Speaker 2: You're so drunk.
Speaker 1: You can only blame you can describe global economics as like just.
Speaker 2: The enemy and.
Speaker 1: Now and they're mad.
Speaker 2: It's it's all the same.
Speaker 5: Yeah, He's said, if Justice.
Speaker 1: John Robbins was going to be Roberts was going to be imprisoned for election.
Speaker 3: Oh god no.
Speaker 4: But I'm like I'm like, this is people listen to these people like, yeah, it's so simple, it makes sense. And you're like, if you think that Trump, God, don't don't white people know they can still be racist if Trump goes away, Like, don't they.
Speaker 2: Know you don't need.
Speaker 3: You still got it. Don't worry, like there'll be other racists, There'll be other white you.
Speaker 4: Know, white you're doing you're doing it great, you know, and you're just like, oh my god, but we've really jumped the shark with these kinds of folks. And they were like, no, the more they hate you, And honestly, this is kind of a symptom of internet culture more broadly, and as someone who's sort of in the pundit world on the Internet and political pundit world, like you see it play out as well, not naming names, but like where you're like, the more people get mad at you, some folks are like, that's when you're doing it right, Yeah, I know.
Speaker 5: I mean I agree with that though for me personally, like that's if people hate me because I'm telling the truth, that's when I say, yeah, but I would agree.
Speaker 2: Because you can't back down. You can't lose the fight.
Speaker 1: Right, No, No, and then you do this quintupling down on nonsense and we end up in like I wonder if she just saw her stock portfolio or some shit, and she's like, oh shit, give me that fucking bottle, give me some of my I'm about to go.
Speaker 4: She's got gold bars energy, she got a real gold bars energy.
Speaker 1: She's she she got z bar, she got Xanax bars energy.
Speaker 2: I want to get thrown out of a Margaritaville with her.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, exactly exactly, And they're like.
Speaker 2: I don't know it.
Speaker 1: I don't know what words she used, but it felt like it was a racial slur. Although I don't know exactly what the thing, but if the energy that she said, that's how she gets thrown out of a Margaritaville. All right, let's take a quick break. We'll come back and talk about a thing that's really popping off that isn't the economy. The Minecraft movie, and we're back. Francesca Ryan, any familiarity with Minecraft at all professionally, yes, but not personally. No. I never played Minecraft streamer.
Speaker 8: No.
Speaker 5: I just I writ about the internet culture, so unfortunately I have to understand all this stuff.
Speaker 2: But I've never actually picked up the game.
Speaker 1: I mean, I know through like my like nephew and like younger kids in my family, and then I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, damn, you fucking kids loving the shit out of Minecraft.
Speaker 1: They it's their shit. But you know what, we've had a lot of ups and downs at the box office this year. Thank god a Minecraft movie has brought back some kind of upward line I liked after back.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, well the Minecraft movie isn't woke unlike Snow right honestly, so, yeah, it is.
Speaker 3: Themselves in being square physically exactly.
Speaker 2: Good cubists even.
Speaker 1: But you know a lot of people said, hey, fine, oh my kids fucking loved it. I didn't fall asleep in it. It made one hundred and fifty seven million dollars domestically and one hundred and forty four million overseas overseas, best ever opening for a video game and clearly the best opening weekend of twenty twenty five. Again, should not be considered a surprise, since Minecraft is the best selling video game of all times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what's what's super fascinating to me about?
Speaker 5: Like the clips that I've seen of children going completely insane in the in the in the stands and throwing stuff and screaming. Is it like the references that they're responding to aren't in the game really, They're.
Speaker 1: Like chicken Jockey, Like where does chicken Jockey? Because we'll play a clip from chicken Jockey where the kids lose it.
Speaker 5: My understanding is that like the majority of the like culture around Minecraft isn't like, I mean, I can't speak to chicken Jockey. I have to triple that one to figure out if that's really a thing named chicken Jockey in the game. But like a lot of the references that people are going crazy for are references to like streamers and creators and like internet memes about Minecraft, which I do think is like a really interesting distinction here because it's like essentially a like a young audience that like is actually getting like their internet culture like spat back at them and they're really excited about it.
Speaker 3: Isn't that like, isn't that?
Speaker 4: Isn't that sort of where Destiny comes from? The streamer didn't didn't he get really big in Minecraft? Or was it another m craft?
Speaker 3: I forgot? I thought he was like.
Speaker 5: Really come so Dream, Yeah, well for Destiny, minecom would be closer, But so Dream is probably the biggest Minecraft streamer. He was the one that had like a mask on for a while and then he like took his mask off.
Speaker 1: Oh so like it's so it's sort of basically it's like, hey, like we acknowledge the shit posts online and this is a lot of fan service.
Speaker 2: I think it's a lot of that. Yeah, it's a lot.
Speaker 1: I mean, so like what if.
Speaker 3: Zy Gang got a movie and there was all these references, it.
Speaker 1: Would just be like talking about like me smoking blunts and eating taco bell or exactly wait till he does the Baja blast section. But it so everything like they had their own marketing campaign, organic marketing campaign on TikTok because a bunch of kids were just getting so hyped.
Speaker 2: That the movie was coming out.
Speaker 1: And I get it, Like it feels like one of those things where when you're younger, you're like, finally, dude, this is a movie for us, Like this is this one's for us? Which is wild because I am going to play this clip. I'm not going to play the whole thing because.
Speaker 5: Before you play it, hold on, I don't want to get yelled at by any twelve year old that happens to listen to this chicken jockeys are the official name for a thing in Minecraft, and it's used in the game's files. And they were also called that by dinner Bone, who is a Minecraft developer, so it is an official dinner Bone. You guys are familiar with dinner Bone the Minecraft, so help the term chicken jockeys.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that makes sense, all right, we don't even have to do this segment anymore.
Speaker 4: Are gamer developers like like little heroes? Like do we have to do we have to bully them? Because are they like the next Elons of our world? Or they actually creating something cool unlike Elon?
Speaker 5: Well, so Minecraft, Roadblocks Fortnite to a degree, you can like make stuff in those games Roadblocks and Minecraft more so. And then the people who make stuff that gets popular like you can you can set up a server for Minecraft, people can come visit your server and so like that's how a lot of Minecraft culture spreads around.
Speaker 2: If you have two or three more hours, that can go deeper into this.
Speaker 1: So we need to fight them or no, do we need to head off the next I mean my movement, my ultimate take is that all gamers are bad and have to suffer, which is why I'm pro tariff right now.
Speaker 3: And so I just think they have Are they going to hit the gaming.
Speaker 5: In Yeah, the Nintendo switch is gonna cost fifty percent more than it was and it was.
Speaker 1: Already what that was more than fifty So that's four fifty half of that two twenty five.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Sony this Morning. Sony this Morning is saying that they might have some issues with supply chain, like gamers, welcome to hell.
Speaker 2: That's what I say.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, look I game, but everything I play old games so well actually, I mean FIFA just feels like it's old because it's the same fucking game every year. But anyway, this Chicken Jockey line, though, has a lot of people being like, yo, is this like the Jen Alpha Rocky Horror Picture show or some shit, because like the energy is wild. Again, give a little taste before we play all of the audio and get some kind of like copyright warning. But here is how First of all, if you look in the audience, all these kids have their phones out recording like the line the chicken the chicken drop the Chicken Jockey drop. Okay, in the video they say the least were called. We don't have any evidence that supports that, although who knows, but here are the kids just losing it in theater to minecraft sure, oh oh that is loud. Okay, they're fucking dapping each other up.
Speaker 2: What the fuck?
Speaker 5: Okay, So I think this is fantastic. I actually think this fucking rules, and I'm so happy for these kids. Like no, I'm like, fun now, I never had this. I even think like there should be like phone allowed screenings for certain movies and let people just go fucking crazy, Like, I mean, who cares in that room. Nobody cares about the phones. That's what I would think.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure, definitely Yeah, Producer Victor in the chat, this is definitely even the Taylor Swift concert video. They were like at least being like organized, excited and just kind of like swaying to the music and singing in their seats. These kids are again, like to your point, I'm sure all these kids want to be in there and turn the fuck up. But if that fucking Cherry Coke hit me on my show, that kid threw it.
Speaker 2: It's ugly in there.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of parents in there too who are not happy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's just me as a curmudgeingly elder millennial again, I would not subject myself to this, but that's just me putting myself in that quick position and.
Speaker 2: Be like, get off my lawn.
Speaker 1: I would probably just let them throw a bunch of drinks on me and kind of sheepishly walk out.
Speaker 5: If I was twelve years old in Minecraft screaming and someone threw a cooke on me, I'd be like, that was so sick in the same way that I felt like when I went to a concert for the first time and I got like, you know, beat up in a mosh pit, like that's right, that's part of the fun of this.
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, that's true because I remember at a being in a concert when I was like seventeen or something and I got beer, like beer just got because peop were throwing beer, and I was like at school and Mondon my killed.
Speaker 2: I got beer off I.
Speaker 1: Got beer from Yeah, that shit was like all over me.
Speaker 2: I think that's how fucking turned up. It was like these kids are like thirteen years old, like this.
Speaker 3: Is how mad you are when you get drinks spilled on you.
Speaker 4: Now, Like I, oh my, I think the last time I got drink spilled on me, I was like so livid.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm never going to the club again. This is why I don't go out.
Speaker 1: You went to a club and got a drink spell on you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, But I mean it was like years ago. I mean we're talking like six years ago, and I was like never again. Yeah, I don't can't remember. I can't remember anything that was kind of like this big as a game. And then like what was there, Like I Meaneenedemutan Ninja Turtles was a TV show and then they came out with the movie that was cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we weren't we didn't have phones to like encourage like turn up behavior like that either. We were just like legitimately excited.
Speaker 2: In terms in terms of the game.
Speaker 5: In terms of the experience, I would say like Avengers Endgame is probably pretty close to this, but that took like what thirty two movies to build too, which.
Speaker 2: Is like that this is just like one movie.
Speaker 5: Also, your producer in the chat mentioned Five Night at Freddy's, which was like out last year I think, and that was pretty huge too. Yeah, but like these games were just like in culture and we like never talk about them, right, and so like you don't have to do much to like get people to just go fucking crazy, cause like it's like this thing that no one is, no one really talks about Minecraft, even though every kid on Earth plays.
Speaker 1: It, right exactly, Like those kids in the audience are like, I've been playing this since I was five, right, you know, basically.
Speaker 5: And free and you can play it on almost any device. Yeah no, and there's like no real game to it. It's just like Legos, like it's you know.
Speaker 1: A UK cinema was forced to issue a warning after they saw the videos. They said, please do not engage in any disruptive behavior with a U because that's how you knows in the UK. And then there's just again like there are numerous sort of anecdotes, reports of just kids, they said, pop There are clips showing food and popcorn thrown across the audience, along with loud shouting, some swearing, and general raucousness, including people jumping out of their seats.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That's so sick, losing it, losing it, losing it.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think of what movie that could even come out now that I would be like, yeah, we fucking go.
Speaker 3: I mean I did.
Speaker 4: The last time I was like that in a movie was the second the second Downton movie, which I was like, yes, Like when I saw the trailer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're going nuts for the down and you got thrown out.
Speaker 3: And then when I went to go see it in the theater, yeah I got turned up.
Speaker 1: Yeah you were throwing meat everywhere and ship.
Speaker 5: I'm like, I'm pretty rapped up for the new Final Estination movie. I want to see like some crazy wacky death sequences.
Speaker 2: It seems really fun.
Speaker 5: But no, I cannot imagine. I mean, I'll be I'll be hollering watching some Goldberg machine death that takes five minutes. Yeah, sure, right, But I have no I have no frame of reference for how these kids must feel like. It is a It is a very uniquely.
Speaker 1: Weird, I know, I think in that weird sense like you're like, fuck yeah, I'm like, damn, Like part of me is just like.
Speaker 2: I want something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, like I want to I want to lose my ship in a movie theater and be like, yo, bro, we were throwing popcorn everywhere.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we all forty you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: We're all telling you get Downton, sorry that.
Speaker 3: It was a good movie, and I was.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, damn god, that's why I just chase your joy, folks, You gotta chase your joy.
Speaker 5: My friend's going to see a live musical for Sailor Moon soon. Okay, that feels like similar kind of but I feel like.
Speaker 1: They would like say it like anime fans aren't gonna be like, I'm not about to throw a fucking diet coke in there, and not when this one, not while I'm doing cosplay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's true.
Speaker 1: Get my shit all fucked up.
Speaker 4: Avatar three's coming out. Oh god, so I'm just looking at.
Speaker 5: Oh well, if I ever see Pi Piacon the talking whale from Avatar again and an Avatar three show, I'm gonna scream and yell.
Speaker 2: Oh I love that whale. I love that whale too.
Speaker 1: A uh and hey, we love a whale. And we loved having you as a guest today, Ryan Broderick, where will find you? Follow you do all that kind of wonderful stuff here?
Speaker 2: You read you all that?
Speaker 5: Sure, you can read Garbage Day at Garbage Day dot email. You can listen to Panic World at anywhere you put audio content into your ear holes. You can just type that in be there and you can follow me. I guess I'm mostly on Blue Sky these days. Uh, and you can just find me by typing in Ryan hates this into Blue Sky and a pop up.
Speaker 1: Is there a work of media, social or otherwise that you're enjoying.
Speaker 2: Uh, like like personally enjoying.
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: I think The Pit is the greatest TV show maybe of the of the last decade.
Speaker 2: Uh. Yeah, the Pit's really good.
Speaker 5: I will say moody medical dramas are a recession indicator, but I think The Pit is fantastic. Yea, yeah, he's so he's so cool in it, and he's so sad and it's just great.
Speaker 1: Were they trying to sue them to be like, you're gonna think.
Speaker 7: This is R?
Speaker 5: No, it was supposed to be an er sequel and then the last minute they lost the ability to make it in your sequel, so they just made it anyways. But he's he's effectively playing the same character he was playing in R. And now the estate for I think what Michael krechn or whatever is suing.
Speaker 1: Oh boy, yeah, you hate to see it.
Speaker 2: You hate to see it.
Speaker 1: Just when I was gonna throw my diet coke in the air. Uh. Francesca, thank you so much for joining today. Where do the people find you, follow you here, you support you, listen to you, and what's the workingmedia that you like?
Speaker 4: Yeah, come out to see me live in San Francisco May seventh, Wednesday with Matt and I at Cobbs Comedy. You can go to Frandjessica Farentinia dot com for tickets and situation room wherever you listen or watch on YouTube. Okay, this is this creator Olima Omega, and he does like sort of reverse shots from TikTok uh.
Speaker 2: Oh, like react as if reacting, and.
Speaker 4: There's just a guy doing like like popping balloons. It's very sad and he is he's handcuffed to a chair being held and one of the one of the balloons like hits his space and he's like trying to go, but then he starts clapping.
Speaker 1: It's so good, such a simple format. And I feel like millennials have like conquered. That's like such a I feel like millennial do those the most, you know, like the fuck yeah, because I see ones of like Osha kind of violation, ones like people were like yo or like stuff in a cook like a chef, like in a kitchen.
Speaker 4: Well, because Jen also just doesn't have that like metainus, or they don't care.
Speaker 1: There's we're just we're like irony poisoning, or we're just always.
Speaker 5: Like, oh wow, look are that we will never understand that the earnestness required to cheer for chicken jockey exactly for that, I'm very jealous. I wish I could.
Speaker 1: And that's because we are millennial Bane because of the recessions. That was from uh at at what a hell of a way to Dad dot com on Blue Sky who posted that like millennial Bane thing where it's like you think you know the recession we were born in it. I quote you did that and I was like, yeah, Lehman Brothers collapsed on my twenty fourth birthday, I remember very well, and I was like, is this bad? Uh? You can find uh oh? Let me let me shout out a work from Blue Sky that I liked. At gloom fathered at biskuy dot social posted boycotting the grocery store until they start buying an equivalent volume of groceries from me, m h should too? Yeah uh, And then at ghost and Exile dot bstkuy dot social posted the question of if a country could fuck itself harder than the UK did with Brexit has today been answered.
Speaker 5: I was living in London during Brexit. Actually that day was exactly like this, actually.
Speaker 4: One one everyone googling tariffs and also like is it two urs or two apps or yeah.
Speaker 5: It was like a lot of finance guys like up like like on roofs, just sort of looking down and you're like, what are they.
Speaker 2: Going to do today? Call? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Like again, the way to remember it is you can't spell tariffs without ffs.
Speaker 2: For fuck's sake, I think because someone put that on the internet.
Speaker 1: You can find me at Miles of Gray fucking everywhere. You can find me also talking about basketball and Miles and Jackot mad Boosti's and I also talk about ninety day Fiance on four to twenty day Fiance. You can find find us at on Twitter and blue Sky at Daily Zeitgeist where at the Daily Zeitgeist on Instagram and look, if you want to get a little bit deeper into some of the stories we're talking about and check out some of the articles that we were referencing, you can find that right now in the description on whatever app you're using and check out the footnotes, and that's where you'll find all of that. That's where we link off to the information as well as a song we are going to ride out on a song that I'm gonna recommend. The song we are doing is not unfortunate is not available on like the streaming platforms unless you go to SoundCloud where the real remix.
Speaker 2: Shit is made.
Speaker 1: Because there was a remix that Fred Again did of a DOCI track called Swamp Bitches, and this one's called it's called Freelance, but if you look up Doci fred Again remix, it's it's just got a her flow is so dope, and then the Freda or the fred Again beat just gives it a new kind of suddenly kind of gangster quality to it.
Speaker 2: So it's very enjoyable.
Speaker 1: When we will post that link in the footnotes so you can at least listen to that on Spot or SoundCloud. The Daily szeit Geist is a production by Heart Radio. So for more podcasts, visit the iHeartRadio app, you know, the Apple podcasts or wherever you get these things for free. That'll do it for us today this morning. We'll be back later to tell you what's trending. All right, Bye, Hi, thank you, I love you.
Speaker 4: The Daily zeit Guys is executive produced by Catherine Law, co produced by Bee Wang
Speaker 2: Co produced by Victor Wright, Edited and engineered by Justin Conner,