Speaker 1: Hi, guys, this is Teddy Mellencamp and I'm joined by my friend Emily Simpson for our new spinoff show Popping Off, where we are digging deep on this season of vander Pump Rules. Hi guys, welcome to another episode of Popping Off with Teddy Mellencamp.
Speaker 2: And Emily Simpson. Do I hear a little cold in your voice? I think you hear a lot of cold in my voice. I'm not sure where it came from. I think here's what I think. I think it's from the other night at the bar.
Speaker 1: I was thinking it may have been because I think I saw your hand on the spray nozzle.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Probably, I mean, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm confused while your name wasn't mentioned, and don't give anything away because I don't want to get in trouble. But right my spidery eyes ninety nine percent sure that both people on that bar were.
Speaker 2: My co hosts Onto Typo Pop.
Speaker 1: I cannot confirm or deny that allegation at this time.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I also feel like I may have saw It's unclear if I saw your hand take the like soda nozzle you spray it into tameras crotch, or if that was her own hand sprang the sprite or whatever it may have been.
Speaker 2: I had this at this point. I don't even know what happened. I just know I'm sick, very sick, very ill. Apparently when you're forty eight you could not handle girls' nights out like that.
Speaker 1: Well, I appreciated it, and thank you, you know, actually not thank you. I wish people didn't spoil it and post the videos because I would have been way more excited to make fun of you guys in real time when it's airing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, I'm sure. I'm sure you'll do it again. Yeah, don't worry.
Speaker 1: I'll always have an opportunity to push forward. So I guess we start. Do you have any do you have any personal things you'd like to talk about before we get started?
Speaker 2: Well, let me ask you this. Do you think there's an age limit for dancing on a bar like? Do you think there's an age limit for living out your coyote ugly dreams? No?
Speaker 1: No, I don't. I mean, no one broke a hip, so you're not too old. No, I mean I've already done that.
Speaker 2: How we're past that? So I got a new hip.
Speaker 1: Now that's actually a sign you've already broken your hip and you have a new hip.
Speaker 2: I got a new hip I had. I had to try it out on the bar.
Speaker 1: Well, it seems that you're you're in good your your body is physically able to handle it.
Speaker 2: So I say, you're still fine to do it.
Speaker 1: And I'm pretty sure if I was there, I probably would have joined you to do the same thing.
Speaker 2: But we had a place that we went to where.
Speaker 1: I was, where I grew up, where it was called my gosh, I don't know what its real name was.
Speaker 2: What we called it the Slimer because they would let like underage kids and it sounds like a classy place.
Speaker 1: Yeah, classy, yeah, I mean my fake I d My first fake id's name was Emily, was it?
Speaker 2: It was? You know why, because that's a very like respectable, like nice name. It doesn't it doesn't scream underage drinking. True. I mean, it wasn't me. It was somebody else, And.
Speaker 1: I want to know whoever would have allowed this because Emily from my ID was not only thirty six years old when I was seventeen, but also she also brunette, yes not one part.
Speaker 2: She was also tall. We went with all of it.
Speaker 1: But people were like, whatever, if you must come to the Slimer to dance on the bar, just come on it, so be it, So be it. We'll give you two Long Islands Long Island iced tea so you can throw up when you leave and your parents will be really proud.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I don't really have anything to report other than I just I don't know. I know you've been on this workout journey, and this is not an ad you guys. This is just truly my curiosity. Have you done this EMS concierge before? No, I don't even know what that is. Holy, okay, so what's EMS is? It sounds like an emergency service. Well it feels like that. So, I mean, anybody that knows me knows I have all in. I work out every day in some capacity, whether it's a walk, a run, strength training, Like I'm always moving so stassy, which is why I'm telling the story. Stossy, who used to be on Ban of Pump Rules for a million years and who I think is very.
Speaker 2: Missed when I'm watching this.
Speaker 1: She posted on her stories a couple of weeks ago about it, and I asked her, I'm like, do you like it. She's like, I love it. It changed my body. It's incredible. I never believe people when they say things like that. Right, Like, I'm like, okay, we'll see and people will maybe call this cheating because it's the equivalent to a three to four hour workout in twenty minutes. But it is so hard. Wait, I don't understand what it is. It's a workout. Well, they come to your house, they strap you with a wet outfit, and then they put all these like I don't know electro. I didn't do much research on it. I just was influenced and tried it. I did it one time last week. You're only allowed to do it one time a week. That's how intense it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, does it hurt?
Speaker 1: I was sore for an entire seven days until I tried it again today and then it's twenty minutes.
Speaker 2: I'm like shaking. My kids are laughing at me.
Speaker 1: So I'm curious to report back, like after four weeks if I can really see a difference. But I'm going to keep going once a week because I have the opportunity to.
Speaker 2: But you've got to try it, and I need to.
Speaker 1: Know if you feel one hundred and seventy five when you try to do a squat, because squat with no way. It's like this, Like I say, it's like a machine. You hook yourself up to a machine. Yeah, well a professional hooks you up to a machine. Yeah, why we're here, I may as well plug all in if you want to go all in. We've also thanks a lot of Zimpic.
Speaker 2: We've now had to slash our price. Is it all in?
Speaker 1: But even if you're on ozimpic, all in is an amazing thing to do because once you go off of it, you have to stay consistent with your moving your body, what you're eating. And I think, Emily, your true testament to that. You're like, I, yes, but I am so we're con tired of the ozempic comments. It's been no but no, but your testament year right, But that is my point. You continued a healthy lifestyle, yes, afterwards, Yes, and I kept it off.
Speaker 2: I've kept the weight off for over a year now. And it's not because of ozempic. It's because I go to the gym seven days a week and I bust my ass and I don't eat crap anymore.
Speaker 1: And when you do, that's fine. It's not about never eating crap or no. I do order taco bell like once a month at like ten o'clock at night.
Speaker 2: Yes, and I think that is balanced.
Speaker 1: But I think the point is a lot of people are going to struggle if there is no sut if you don't continue on and you were to just take a shot and then you expect it to last forever. No, you have to change your mindset and you have to change soone different things. And that's why I'm talking about all In.
Speaker 2: Go to all In by.
Speaker 1: Teddy dot com and we will hold you accountable to whatever your life change may want to be. But yeah, that's the end of our plugs right now. It just naturally came up because I am very inspired by you watching your posts and how you have changed your story, and I think, oh, thank you. I think it's cool. The Vanderpump Rules headline starts off with Rachel Levis pops up on the runway at New York's Fashion Week amid new vander Pump Rules page six article. Here, she made her way to New York City in time for fashion Week, where she walked the runway for Claudie by Joanna Hernandez on Thursday, Sporting two different looks.
Speaker 2: She looks beautiful, she really does. She's very statuesque.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she's statue at like she especially in this like third picture here where she's like and it looks like a silver gown. I mean, she looks like a ninety supermodel here, I mean hops to her.
Speaker 2: Apparently.
Speaker 1: This is also written in the article She's a former pageant Queen won the title of Miss Sonoma County in twenty nineteen, twenty sixteen, oh twenty sixteen, my bad, and then later went on to compete in Miss California and Miss Malibu.
Speaker 2: Did you do pageants growing up?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I only did one pageant and it was, uh, this is this is people don't know this stuff about me. But I was married to a marine before I was married to Shane, and I actually did a missimper Fi pageant. I couldn't even tell you what. You don't know what Miss simper Fi like, I don't know what that is. Marine's like simper fi. Oh okay, okay, it means always faithful.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, I was in law school at the time, so it had to have been like, oh two or three something like that, long time ago.
Speaker 1: And what was did you have a talent or was there a bathing.
Speaker 2: Suit portion No, I don't remember there was no. I don't know. I don't think there was a bathing suit portion no. And I have no talent.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, if you had to pick a talent right now, like if we were going to have to go on like a hush wife pageant, yes, something or other, what.
Speaker 2: Would your talent be? Well, I would have two. It would be dancing on bars if we could just bring a bar and okay, or just yelling at people. Really good at that.
Speaker 1: I'm really good at committing to saying I'm right about something even if I'm wrong right. And I'm also excellent at holding an a burp because I had constantly.
Speaker 2: Refos and especially.
Speaker 1: Today now that I kind of coffee like, you will hear trace of a burp, but it'll be nothing like what the burps wore when I had shep on the pod, where he.
Speaker 2: Was just the whole time. I mean, I think he.
Speaker 1: May have been slightly overserved at the point at that point, but I mean I've now become an expert at holding in burps. And then I can do one thing that I don't know that this is appropriate for.
Speaker 2: A miss, I'm scared faithful competition.
Speaker 1: Well, I need to know because I've only met three people in the world that can do this, and now I need to know if you're one of them.
Speaker 2: Probably not? What is it?
Speaker 1: Can you do this? No? My daughter is one of the three, and I feel like you just won the pageant.
Speaker 2: Can someone give her a crown? You just won?
Speaker 1: Hold on, there you go, my very first page and I won it for tongue tricks.
Speaker 2: Good job, good tongue tricks.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, okay, congratulations to Raquel Rachel.
Speaker 2: Here's a I do want to say.
Speaker 1: If we are officially changing her name back to Rachel and she has, I would appreciate page six and anybody who writes these rundowns to fall in line, because it is very confusing to my small brain to see both names written here. So page fie, I always say Rachel Raquel. I know, I mean it's some official person. And while we're there, also, let's switch from Schwartz to just shorts short the time.
Speaker 2: Just in the rundown.
Speaker 1: I'm fine with him just being Shorts.
Speaker 2: Okay, we'll just go with Rachel and Shorts. This is a deadline article.
Speaker 1: Vanderpromp Rules Season ten Reunion, Part one becomes Bravo's most watch episode of all time, as network touts top rated twenty twenty three. This season was a sizable spike and viewership in the wake of scandaval. Even though the drama on screen hadn't caught up to the real life gossip just yet, viewers were eager to get into the series. That's probably why Part one of season ten reunion is now most watched with five point nine million viewers. That episode collected three point six million viewers in the eighteen to forty nine demo, which is the biggest demo audience for the network in more than twelve years. So this is where I have to say, Alex, do you still wish?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the end of.
Speaker 1: All never happened? And then vander Pomper Rules Season ten saw one hundred and nine percent growth compared to the year prior.
Speaker 2: Wow, what do you think do you think the part one everybody tuned in for part one and then they just dropped off for Part two and part three?
Speaker 1: Well, I think remember all of this dropped right before the reunion, so like they went back and filmed things after the fact. So like the last couple episodes weren't, you know, like it just we were still waiting for that sit down interview that Andy did with Tom Sandoval and with Rachel, So it was like there was so much anticipation. But I do think it really that's kind of all they talked about, and that's this is the problem.
Speaker 2: That's all they're talking about. Now, Yes, that is, and it's.
Speaker 1: Becoming problematic for me as a viewer to watch.
Speaker 2: I need more. I'm done, And I actually, I mean, maybe this is probably an unpopular opinion, but by the end of the episode, I actually felt sorry for Tom, like I just felt badly for him.
Speaker 1: Well, I think it's one thing for let's wait, we will talk. I agree with you, but we'll talk about that once we get through the headlines and this next one a news article. Rachel reacts to Tom saying he's still in love. During the Vander Pompoules episode from February sixth, Tom admitted he's still much in love with Levis. In response, she recently compared Sandoval's love bombing during their secret relationship to tactics used by cults to attract new members. Levice told relationship expert Calvin robertson I hope it's Robertson and not roberts Robertson Robertson on her February ninth episode of Rachel Goes Road podcast. It's interesting that you say its origin is from cults and religious institutions, because people joining churches or cults are trying to find a place of belonging, of acceptance. Gradually, over time, it becomes a control tactic. It's almost like that phrase of frog and boiling water.
Speaker 2: I don't know that phrase.
Speaker 1: Oh, you've never heard that before. It's like when you, okay, you put a frog in water and then you die. No, it's in the water, and then you turn the stove on to boil it, and it doesn't jump out because it's a gradual heating up. It doesn't know it's boiling.
Speaker 2: It's a slow death. It doesn't jump out because it just gradually gets hotter hotter, hotter hotter. It's like it doesn't notice, so it thinks it's enjoying life until it's crispy, right, like a hot tub.
Speaker 1: So they accepts you die at the end. Also, did you know that reptiles didn't have feelings? This is a new What do you mean you thought they did. I thought like when people had a pet iguana that like that iguana started to like you.
Speaker 2: I don't know, I think it really just wants to eat you.
Speaker 1: That's that's essentially like I watched this thing about how baby crocodiles will never love you, because even if you raise them from the beginning, it's not like a bit bowl that you have raised from the beginning in its nature versus anyways, I digress, She says, it's interesting that you say. She goes on about the colts and the boiling water, and then Levis also detailed her pattern of falling for narcissistic men as she noticed like her ex fiance James Kennedy.
Speaker 2: She admits, I fell in love.
Speaker 1: With one narcissistic asshole. After another relationship ended after five years, I fell into the hands of another narcissistic asshole. She adds, I feel like maybe I missed out on some precious time learning these lessons the hard way.
Speaker 2: I just feel like this is just a tactic to completely blame someone else.
Speaker 1: And do I think that you know Tom Sandoval has narcissistic tendencies? Yes, I mean I'm not a doctor, but I think a majority of people on television on a reality television show.
Speaker 2: What are you saying.
Speaker 1: I'm saying that we might have a touch on them as well. Probably Okay, But here's my point. When you compare the relationship to him like a cult, like he's a cult leader, it's not taking any responsibility. It's basically putting on.
Speaker 2: The blame on him, saying that he has some you know, like cult like ability to turn her and to suck her in.
Speaker 1: There's like comparing him to Charles Manson, like it's like zero accountability.
Speaker 2: It's like, Okay, I get it, maybe he's a narcissist and yeah, he's an asshole whatever. But by comparing it to a cult, that's like zero accountability on her part. She had no like no free will at all.
Speaker 1: And especially listen, whether he's in a uh, you know, a narciss sist or not. If she wanted to set boundaries, I personally think the way to set boundaries is to be transparent with that person you're setting boundaries with.
Speaker 2: Like I have somebody in my life.
Speaker 1: Who you know, is a part of my not not my household, but somebody in my life that I've had to set boundaries with. I didn't set them in private, I set them to that person, like, just so you know, this doesn't work for me. If this is the way that you're going to talk to me about blah blah blah blah. These are my Yeah, this is my comfort levels, it's my friend a friendship, this is a fair family, a family men her Okay that just like this is this is what works for me, and this is what doesn't. So if I'm not responsive to blah blah blah, this is why. And I just am confused. Did they never have a conversation where she said I'm done, she just stop talking to him?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know. That's an interesting question. I don't know. Is there a conversation where they said we're going to go our separate ways. I don't feel like there is, because.
Speaker 1: Because he's waiting on her to call on his birthday and he seems really upset and he's saying he's in love with their billy Lee gets involved. But we'll continue on. But that's my question, Like, if you're with a narcissist or whomever, an alleged narcissist, do you have the conversation it's over or you just ice them out? One would think like, that's like cooking a slow frog as well. Well.
Speaker 2: I think you probably have to just ghost them at this point, because how do you have an effective conversation.
Speaker 1: I think you can send a message with a lightning bolt. I was gonna say she could just card a postcard. She could send a postcard and could get it when Ann's cleaning up after the birthday. It could say happy birthday. I wanted to let you know that this is no longer a conducive relationship for me. I feel manipulated. I don't need to hear your response, but it's.
Speaker 2: Over, right, and then Anne could tell him.
Speaker 1: And then Anne could gossip with Arianna about it.
Speaker 2: Right. It sounds like the perfect scenario, like I nailed it. Oh gosh, speaking of things not nailed.
Speaker 1: And listen, we were feeling bad for you, Tom, but then this video that Billy Lee posted.
Speaker 2: Really see that's the problem.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for him, and then I see that, and then I'm like, Okay, now I don't feel badly.
Speaker 2: For you anymore. Yeah, so he's you know.
Speaker 1: The video comes after Santa Fall's appearance on the Billy and the Kid podcast, where he referred to Robinson as his addiction following their initial date, so he said, this week, my addiction of the week is definitely my friend Victoria I have been hanging out with. She's definitely super awesome and she's one of the sweetest people. She is a model, and she works a lot, and she's very successful. I mean, he's trying to get at Rache with those comments right there, right right there. She does well for herself, but she is also very humble and cool. She's very sweet. Santoval and Robinson have not officially announced or confirmed the relationship status. However, in late January twenty twenty four, both shared Instagram post that featured the two of them.
Speaker 2: But hold on, the video is where I was. I feel like the I feel like the video confirms their relationship status.
Speaker 1: But here's and maybe maybe this is just me so like I have a thing.
Speaker 2: You know, I ride horses. I love horses.
Speaker 1: I've never been into guys that ride horses because I have a real hang up about somebody needing to be a guy that I'm attracted to needs to be better than me at something I do.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you're the best at horseback riding, so you can no, I'm not the best.
Speaker 1: But if there was a guy that was not most of the attractive male horse riders. Yes, maybe aren't the best riders, But that's how I feel about watching Tom sing that song close to Victoria's mouth before kissing her, Like, if you're gonna do that move, you need to sound like I don't even know, like, you need to sound like Sean Mendes. It can't sound the way it sound and be sexy. You need to look and sound like Sean Mendez. If you're gonna take your shirt off and kiss me on someone's insist story, that's just the rules.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And if not Sean Mendez, Justin Bieber, Justin I love Justin Bieber. He's kind of me too, right, I know, that's what I'm saying. I feel like, you know, he and Haley are they broken up or are they still together?
Speaker 2: They were together at the super Bowl.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I guess they're still together. He was trying to kind of kiss her. She was like, and he was like, she kind of pulled away. So then, I mean, of course I've dissected that eighty two times. But long story short, it wasn't hot to me hearing him sing doing that move. Yeah, I guess maybe without a shirt on. I feel like he should just rap I mean, or I mean lip syncing is an option that's true too, or voice lessons, or maybe he sounds better when he's not leaning in to try to kiss somebody and Joel's so maybe don't do that.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. All right, on to episode three.
Speaker 1: Let's take a quick break and we'll come back to talk about episode three.
Speaker 2: All right, we are back.
Speaker 1: Episode three, Shorts tell Sandoval he should have apologized for the ultimate betrayal. Sandoval says James did the same thing to him, but much worse with Kristen. You see Shorts in this moment, like, can I do just apologize, Like I'm trying.
Speaker 2: To help you.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to like throw you a softball and you just keep pounding.
Speaker 2: At it and screwing stuff up. Yeah. So okay, So in this moment, even if he doesn't feel like he should apologize for some for this ultimate betrayal, you think he should have just done it anyway, just to get back in the good grases of people, Like is there a part where you just eat shit where you're just like, okay, I'm sorry so that you can move forward.
Speaker 1: Like you're right I see I handled this like an asshole. I wish I would have done things differently. I'm sorry.
Speaker 3: Just even if you're not, even if you thought you were madly in love with this girl, even if your other relationship was flawed, even if he's done it to you at this point, none of that matters because us, as the viewers of Vanderpump rules at having to recap this show.
Speaker 1: I'm sick and tired of trying to watch two different casts because people refuse to be in your so right only for the sake of me and Emily right, just say you're freaking sorry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so we can talk about something else.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but Shorts emphasize. Shorts emphasizes if he gets really upset every time someone confronts him, it's going.
Speaker 2: To have a negative impact on his life.
Speaker 1: Is nobody going to ask why Sandoval has a giant pair of anal beads around his neck at this party, because that's also something I noticed.
Speaker 2: I thought it was just like a It looks like a giant caterpillar that like kids made in like their preschool class. That's all I can think about, Like, like, what group of preschoolers made this for you? And you're wearing it, like do you have a little sister we don't.
Speaker 1: Know about, Like we need information. But then we go from the anal beads and the singing happy Birthday to James and Ali arrive to Emo Night. James tells Ariana he came back from the house He's says Sandoval brought up Kristen After asking for an apology, Ariana says Sandoval only has people left in his life that he pays. And then they did a montage with all the people in his life that he pays. Yeah, and then they were like and they were like, these are the moments, the moments we live for. And then Schwartz arrives to Emo Knight and apologizes for missing Sena set Shina tells him this is what happens when she chooses Sandoval. Sandoval is thankful that everyone is a part of his life. He's sad that Rachel didn't text him happy birthday, which led us to something we talked about in the headlines, which he was expecting a call.
Speaker 2: Then maybe there was no breakup, but I mean at least a birthday postcard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, or like a birthday lamp, a birthday postcard, but also if you really are living your best life for Ariana, what do you care?
Speaker 2: Wait? Didn't he buy her a lamp that she touches and then he touches and then they touch it at the same time. Remember the lamp?
Speaker 1: Did you make this up?
Speaker 2: Did this actually happened? And I blocked it out? So there's like a laymp like he bought her a lamp. It's like a light and when she touches it like a no, like flap on. He touches the lamp and he touches the lamp at the same sign. I've had a lot of take well.
Speaker 1: I don't remember this. I'm not saying you're not right. If this is right, this is brilliant. But all of this is it's it's really trying hard. And I can see what's going to happen is they are going to keep pitting.
Speaker 2: Shena flip flopping back and.
Speaker 1: Forth and uh, but I would probably be like Shena in this moment.
Speaker 2: I see both sides.
Speaker 1: But I also missed the part where Sheena was best friends with Arianna because she says that in this episode is my best friend.
Speaker 2: But are we gonna make those vibes?
Speaker 1: Because to me, Katie and Katie and Ariana our.
Speaker 2: Best friend see thank you there was a lamp. I just would like to confirm, Oh Tom bought Rachel a friendship lamp. I can't.
Speaker 1: And when they touch it, like she touches it or he touches it, it like lights up so they can tell each other that.
Speaker 2: They're like thinking of each other in different locations.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, our one of our producers just said, that's so cringe.
Speaker 2: I actually don't hate it. I don't like I was wondering, like on his birthday, maybe she touched the lamp to like let him know that she was thinking of him on his birthday. I'm a genie in a buttle baby. I can't. I need to know.
Speaker 1: Then after Emo night where they all had side parts, I'm like, I have a side part every day and I'm not EMO, Like, why Joe, why do you have to take away the ninety from us? Right? I love the side part. I still rock a side part. I mean we because we're old. I mean, even though I'm a little older than you, I wouldn't say a lot. Are you in your fifties yet? No, I'm still forty eight. Yeah, so you're not a lot? Then, Ariana and Katie get ivs. They're in the house, they're in the place where they share. Guess what Anne's doing.
Speaker 2: Cleaning up dead birthday flowers. That's what Anne's doing. Every episode has dead birthday flowers. I just would like to point that out. I just can't.
Speaker 1: And then Arianna says people manipulate she Nea to feel bad for them. Katie admits it makes her nervous to get close to her. Would it matter to you if Sheena was still engaging with Shorts or Sandoval?
Speaker 2: I don't think so. But that's from an outsider viewpoint, so I don't know what it was would feel like to go through all those emotions within the group. From me watching it from an outsider, I'm like, who cares if she talks to him? He seems like a nice guy.
Speaker 1: But well, this is always I mean, I've from the couple of years that I have watched this show, it seems like if there is a girl that they always leave out, it's Shena. So a lot of the time her relationship has been with these guys, and so she's leave her out, Yeah, because the girls leave her out. And I just feel like to then be like, oh, you can't be friends with this person when clearly nobody's freaking dumb these they're all paid to be on the same show, right And I'm here to tell.
Speaker 2: You right now, you and I will not do well.
Speaker 1: If you start saying you refuse to film with somebody, even on your show that has nothing to do with me. But I have to recap it. I just think it's obnoxious behavior.
Speaker 2: I don't do that. I've never done that.
Speaker 1: I'm a team player, team player, but Anne is actually a bigger team player than you, and I need to know what her full job description is.
Speaker 2: Is it assistant.
Speaker 4: Housekeeper, mediator or up balloon blower upper yeah, male opener, male opener.
Speaker 2: And then white noise turner on.
Speaker 1: Off her purchaser of friendship lamps. I want to know what this position pays, because, like, I feel like this is actually I.
Speaker 2: Can do these things, you know, because Anne is very tactful. She manages both relationships. You would be an asshole.
Speaker 1: There's no way you could do it.
Speaker 2: Coming there, Oh it's not. You would be in the middle of everything.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, hold on, yeah, Arianna, let's get real pissed. And I'd be like, oh my god, Tom, she is such a beach, you would be. I couldn't help myself. I just stir it, keep it, that's right. Then Sandoval brings Lisa flowers up pump where there's more dead flowers and half bottles of champagne and things have taken a rough time.
Speaker 2: I'm like, that's all she needs is more flowers, when clearly she's trying to move flowers out of that location.
Speaker 1: She's like, if I could, I could do something, It'd be a foot massage or a truck or.
Speaker 2: Or some big boxes. Right, can you carry this shit out? Can you take the ship to shorts? And Sandy's please?
Speaker 1: I mean seriously, but I hate.
Speaker 2: I hate to even say this because it paints me.
Speaker 1: I kind of agree with everything the LVP said in this scene.
Speaker 2: Oh, I agree with everything she said. She was on it. She was on the ball.
Speaker 1: She was on the ball. She is trying to level with Sandoval. She's not being mean to him. He starts to get a like, you know.
Speaker 2: Like you're attacking me and she wasn't.
Speaker 1: And she wasn't, And she levels him back down. She gets him to take some sort of accountability. She talks about suicide, and she talks about it in a way that I think as.
Speaker 2: A viewer, you really can understand.
Speaker 1: You hear the backstory, like I do, see Lisa More as the producer who cares about the show versus a mother figure.
Speaker 2: Though I felt like it was both. I mean, I understand she's a producer, but I did feel like it was genuine. It felt like tough love to me, where it was like solid advice. What are you doing? Move out of the house. You know, if you're having these dark thoughts, you have to tell someone, talk to me. I'll be there for you. I don't know. I liked what she said. She was on point the whole time. I agree.
Speaker 1: I thought she was on point. But the problem is we find that it didn't really work. But I can't help. Like Standival says something, he goes, oh, no, Shorts actually said this. But when he walks up when they're at wherever they are, sir, wherever the heck they are, see you next Tuesday, and he says, you know, I'd rather be treated like at least they're acknowledging my presence. I'd prefer that and being rude to me or you know, with hate or whatever, then indifference.
Speaker 2: See. I agree with that statement because I've always said when it comes to an ex or someone in your life that's toxic. If you can get to the point where you're indifferent, then that's the ultimate feeling. Like that's where you've reached, like the top of the mountain, you know what I mean, Like with Shane's ex wife, Like I feel indifference. I don't feel jealousy or hate or anything, because all those emotions our strong emotions. But when you feel indifference, that literally means that you've means you're done. You're just you're done, you don't care. Yeah, And difference is just it's a good place to be when it comes to X's I don't know if it's a good place to be when you're on a show, when you're on a reality television show.
Speaker 1: Getting iced out right, we get to Sena and Katie going out for dinner. Sena says they used to be close and they're trying to spend more one on one time together. The foreshadowing shadowing of this is brilliant because at some point we're going to see that Shena made out with Shorts allegedly, and so I'm wondering if this is just about to be whatever, and this is going to sound bad, but it's it's a little bit hard for me to see nobody really getting messy on ban rules. Like I appreciate when Lala and Lala and James are sober because I think it's there they bring it regardless, this is their life. It's something that's better for their life. But when people are dabbling in sober curiosity, it's not.
Speaker 2: That's such a it's such a funny term though, sober curious like that. Just I mean, why does it even have a term? It has its own term where you're just like thinking about not drinking, it has a term. Yeah, I mean, I just I don't know.
Speaker 1: When I think Vanderpump rules, I don't see like a sober group.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they can all just sit around and hold hands and sing Kumbaia and talk about how they inspire each other.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and go to meetings like this isn't. This isn't what's happening. So, I mean, I guess the sober curiosity with the juice crafters, little thing that Shorts it's going to have to do. But then we get to Shorts telling Lisa that his oh gosh, now the segue into this really makes me look like an asshole.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you are an asshole.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean I am, at least I have accountability. But Shurtz tells Lisa that his brother Bert was rushed to the hospital, possibly for cirrhosis. Bert was jumped outside of a bar and was never the same. Lisa says, did he really drink that much? And then Lisa says she's opening a new restaurant in Tahoe. Shorts invites himself, and of course Lisa goes.
Speaker 2: Sure, but invite everybody. Yeah, it's a cast trip, It's okay.
Speaker 1: But then also, why when Schwartz was doing the inviting of everybody, did he tell them you can get your own place?
Speaker 2: Like do they have to on cast trips? They have to pay for their own hotel room. I guess if you don't stay, if you don't stay at the Lisa Vanderbalm Tahoe location, you have to get your own I.
Speaker 1: Like that, all chomping at the bit. Then they're at the oh, we could just call it the sur circle. They're at their sur circle and Sandoval is ready to be apologetic to the rest of the group. Arianna says she doesn't want Sandoval in her circle. She speaks for the full group. Sandoval apologizes to Jesse, the waiter of Allay.
Speaker 2: This this whole scene where Sandoval shows up and then he sits at the table, The whole scene like gave me a little anxiety because I just I felt I felt badly for him, well.
Speaker 1: Because you know, he's like showing up and it's because he has to. He's under contract rights, so awkward, he knows no one wants him there. And I'm feeling bad for Schwartz too, because like, why because your friend has done an asshole move, is that really Schwartz's fault.
Speaker 2: No, That's that's why I don't understand the backlash against Shorts, like let it go, let him, let him be friends with him, let him be friends with everybody. There has to be someone that bridges the gap.
Speaker 1: So I mean, they think he conspired, but still just because they think he conspired with him about it, you know, that doesn't mean that they need to be so mean about Schortz's wrinkled shirt.
Speaker 2: Like that made me sad. And then he was like I feel he's like it's the same, says Well. I was like, I felt really.
Speaker 1: Sad about it, and I was like, and you don't you can tell he's like going through Shorts is going through it too.
Speaker 2: I'm like, why are they being so fucking mean to Shorts? And it's like he's regaled.
Speaker 1: Sure, he's trying, he's trying, and he did say he ironed it, like gosh. But then Shorts does the inviting to the whole group and Arianna, you know, when.
Speaker 2: She says she will not be near her ex, Laala.
Speaker 1: Asks Shorts why he feels the need to stand by Sandoval's side. Shorts says their friendship is strained. Lala says he'll look back and regret this. I'm a little bit confused here because La La last week was kind of the voice of reason saying what we were all saying. But I mean, she reached out to Rachel. Then she reached out to Rachel, and she also asked, Arianna, you know, why don't you move out of the house, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's a little it's it's a little playing both sides. But I feel like she she just says the things that she that the audience is thinking at the time, even if it contradicts what she said the week before.
Speaker 5: But I guess she's giving us what we need. We need all of these questions and kind of the la la too. Like I feel like I'm the one that does that kind of stuff too, because I can I know what people want to know.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then Ariana tells Shorts she gave up on him.
Speaker 2: This was also it's too much.
Speaker 1: Uh. She tells Shorts she gave up on him and her life is a lot better because of it. Schwortz tells her not to speak for the group and her ego is getting a little too big. I don't under like you've already come for Shorts for months. You see that you're all going to be filming together. They didn't fire these guys, so stuck it up, Buttercup at this point, like they're not they didn't fire them. If they fired them, or the guys didn't come back, go for it, break them through the coals. But they're there. Yeah, so make some effort. Do you think that her ego is getting a little too big? Do you agree with what he said? I don't know that it's necessarily her ego, But I don't think that the you know what we were talking about earlier with Indifferent, she hasn't hit the I feeled enough that I'm indifferent.
Speaker 2: She's in the angry stage right now, which to me, I mean she's not over she's in the hatred stage.
Speaker 1: Like she's very like, very emotional hate anger stage.
Speaker 2: She's definitely not over it. She needs to get to indifference. If she gets to indifference, she is good, golden. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Once she gets to indifference, she won't give a shit if he's sitting there or not sitting there.
Speaker 2: She can still carry on a conversation.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been in situations where I will not look at that person, talk to them whatever. But they could be at the same party as me, the same dinner as me, the same whatever. Right, but we can be in the same place. But I also can't imagine producers are like nobody's talking to Santoval. Shina, put your giant sunglasses on and casually walk past that romantic looking too top and see what he does.
Speaker 2: I know that was awkward too. That was so cringey.
Speaker 1: I oh my gosh.
Speaker 2: And then he's like Sina, and then she turns around, and then there's like this awkward silence where they just stare at each other, and then she's like sunglasses on and like slow motion, it's like, can we and I'm like, and she's like, not here in public. I don't want to be seen with you. Basically, I will talk to you in the alley.
Speaker 1: I will talk to you in the alley where we all used to be hammered and drink SIGs and have sex with each other, but now we don't because we're sober curious.
Speaker 2: That's right, drink siggs. I drink and have smoke SIGs. Drink and have SIGs in the SIGs in the alley.
Speaker 1: But then when they go to sit down to talk, I start to think that this is going to be a good conversation.
Speaker 2: No, it's not good. No, it didn't end up that way. Did not in that way. I was like, I had like secondhand cringe embarrassment the whole time the conversation was going on.
Speaker 1: I was like, I also want to understand because on Real Housewives, when it's a dramatic scene, you're not allowed to keep your sunglasses on, especially at night, Like I have worn sunglass one.
Speaker 2: I don't wear sunglasses at night because I'm not what, are you a rock star? I'm not. I am not.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't have a hit on uber eat as good as gold, So I cannot. I can't justify sunglasses at night, especially if I was sober and had sunglasses on at night, like someone checked my pulse. But I I'm wondering, like I want to see somebody's eyes, and I remember that being a thing like that wasn't that you weren't allowed, but like the action would say, hey, can you take your sunglasses off? And like on Real Housewives in Miami, not Gertie, Kiki takes her sunglasses off and says, I'm taking my sunglasses off so you can see me like my emotion or having the sunglasses on, I couldn't see.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And it was night right and the alley was dark. It was nice, it was nighttime.
Speaker 1: That's my point.
Speaker 2: I we mass sun lasses that night. But I mean, she looks hot.
Speaker 1: But Sandoval says he can't do anything about the past. Sheena emphasizes that he can be apologetic and remorseful. Sandoval says he did apologize and he would love to talk to Ariana because she has been the only one not coming after him.
Speaker 2: I confused, Yeah, well, I guess because she's not publicly coming after him on our Instagram. I don't know. I mean, clearly, well, I guess because they have an to mediate their conversations. So that's why I guess she's not coming after him because anything she needs to say it goes through. And so maybe that's just a safe space for him. Well, but everyone else he has to confront. I don't know. That didn't make sense now.
Speaker 1: I think he's saying that she publicly hasn't gone on a press tour to talk badly about him.
Speaker 2: But she doesn't need to. He has everybody else doing it. Yeah, I mean, she's too busy making money and being in every commercial possible. She doesn't have time to bash. She's on Broadway.
Speaker 1: She didn't have time to go on and have the guy from Shaws of Sunset come on her pod and talk about Rachel Raquel.
Speaker 2: What did you think? So when Sheena reached out to him by text to say she was sorry about his friend that had died Ari, Yeah, but it was also like her podcast was released at the same time. That was like brought Niema on. That was like talking about all these sexual things with Raquel. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I think what he's most mad about is the open relationship comment.
Speaker 2: Right that someone's saying that he said that, right, that he said that he and Arianna had an open relationship, right, and that's what he's mad about.
Speaker 1: I think he's mad about that, and that Rachel begged him to have begged Niema to have sex with him on Sheena's bed. He thought that was embarrassing for Rachel and the truth.
Speaker 2: Well, I can see how all of that is very muddy and very embarrassing. So I understand why if all that stuff came out on a podcast at the same time she's reaching out and saying, hey, I'm sorry about your friends, I understand how that can all get muddled.
Speaker 1: I mean, to play Devil's advocate. There is a chance some people pre record their podcast, so like it could have been a week prior. It could have we personally could have been because we have to recap a show we're watching.
Speaker 2: But I know a lot of.
Speaker 1: Podcasts like film as many as they can and release them and release them.
Speaker 2: So it was bad timing.
Speaker 1: It could have been bad timing. I don't actually know the answer to this. I can't say I don't think Sheena is necessarily a malicious person. I think she's hurt by all of it, and I guess I didn't fully understand how much hurt. She was in about it because I because I didn't watch the beginning of vander Pumper, I didn't realize how long of a relationship her and Sandval had.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did do a recap of that and then all yeah, like oh they didn't. They have known each other fourteen years and shared things. And so do you think she's hurt because of what he did to Ariana or because he was just because he just lied and he was deceitful. So is she hurt by just his deceitfulness in general?
Speaker 1: I think ultimately she's hurt by Rachel because Rachel lied to her and then there was the restraining order, and then there was the alleged altercation and all that stuff happened, and Tom stood by Rachel knowing the truth.
Speaker 2: So she felt like he chose Rachel. And I think she.
Speaker 1: Felt at that time that her job could have been compromised because remember they could not film the reunion at the same stage, right because of the restraining order. Yes, so like when you like, when somebody's gonna mess with your bag, like right, Not only did she ride hard for Rachel and do everything she can to try to say that Rachel is not at fault. I trust her sleeping in a bed with Brock like all these things. Now she's not only you know, like it's just I think that is ultimately what happened. And then Tom kind of just throwing Sheena away made her feel sad because I and I know it's hard to believe, but I can struggle with people pleasing tendencies as well.
Speaker 6: Really, I know, I mean, not with not with you, that's fine, I'm just kidding, but I think.
Speaker 1: That it all overall hurt her. But Tom saying, as she's walking off and once again they're not getting anywhere, and she couldn't even nicely say she was like they were. She was mad that he brought her her favorite drink, like like how would he know y'all aren't talking?
Speaker 2: I know, And she's like, she's said, like three weeks, it's been three weeks. I've been sober for three weeks. She said it multiple times. I was like, this guy could not he could not do anything right. He didn't even get to chime in that I'm sober too for Rachel right now. But I mean he takes he tries to take flowers to vander Palm. That is bad. He's trying to bring Sena a drink. It's like he just stands.
Speaker 1: To just hang his head and say, I am so sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry for everything, and just even if he doesn't believe it, continue on. But as Sheena's walking off, it's like a dun dum, she said. Sandoval says that he had to talk Rachel down after the podcast. He tells Sheena the loss of their friendship has been devastating. So in closing of this episode, do we think that Sheena ol' cave and start to befriend Sandoval again?
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 1: I think.
Speaker 2: I hope so yeah. I hope so too.
Speaker 1: I think we need we just even like I also want Katie to get a little real in this moment. You're on a show with your ex husband. You're both on the show, you're both paid to be on the show. Nobody's making you do that. You're gonna have to acknowledge his presence or just be okay with him being around and not make him feel stupid for inviting you guys to cast trips that he clearly has to do for production, right, and not make fun of his shirt because he ironed it, and and give him a break.
Speaker 2: Give him shorts up break for the likeliness.
Speaker 1: All right, you guys, thank you for tuning in for another episode of Popping Off with Teddy and Emily.
Speaker 2: Bye, you guys.