Speaker 1: All right, news round up, information over load hour. We have terrible news if you're just joining us. Charlie Kirk uh was at an event earlier today Utah Valley University, and he was shot. And Charlie Kirk is now dead at the age of thirty one after the shooting at this event, Turning Point USA founder CEO. He's been a friend of mine personally, very hard to take an arm Utah. Another friend of mine, Jason Chawitz, former congressman, was at the event today. He joins us. Now, Congressman, you were there, tell us what happened.
Speaker 2: I mean, it was just one of the most terrific days of my life. I'll remember it forever for all the wrong reasons, because Charlie's a friend of ours. You can't be Henry publican politics and not know Charlie Kirk and be friends with him. And I had traded text messages about this event he had. I went, but parts of my family went. We were all there, and it's a beautiful day. It's noon. He comes out. There's two thousand students or so and what's called the quad Utah Valley Universities. Actually, even though we don't have a football team, so nobody neally knows who they are outside of Utah, but it's our state's largest university with forty thousand some odd students, and.
Speaker 1: It's bigger than Bringham Young, Yeah.
Speaker 2: By about ten thousand. Between BYU and UVU, they're but roughly one hundred thousand students, but full time equivalents about seventy thousand between the two. So it's a very and I'm guessing at the event there were probably ninety five percent of those people were younger than the age of thirty. And exactly what Charlie Kirk and turning point does, which is, you know, proved me wrong and let's have a dialogue. I mean, Charlie, as you know, always talked about if we can't talk, then it turns to violence. And he answered the first question Sean. So he comes out, he's throwing out the hats, getting the crowd all riled up. They're chanting USA. They were chanting Charlie Kirk. And then he sat down as he does, and in doing so, the first person came to the microphone and asked him questions and challenged him about religion. And he went very much out of his way to say I love the LDS faith, you know, predominant religion here in Utah, the Church of Jesus Christ, the Latter day Saints. He said, if you think I'm going to say bad things about the LDS people or Mormons, I'm not going to do that. But we each have our own faith journey and we each need to pray. I believe in Jesus Christ. And he was defending that and supporting that and saying in a very personal way, and even though the guy was disagreeing with him, he said, that's your you know, good luck on your faith, your journey of faith. And then the second person, about twenty minutes after the hour or mountain time zone twelve twenty or so, the second person came up and started asking and he said, Charlie, do you know, and I'm paraphrasing, how many mass shootings there have been by people by transgender people? And he was basically asking about transgender shootings and mass shootings. And then there was a shot and it was a loud shot, and I've been around guns enough to know it was a firearm and a shot. I saw Charlie fall back and to his left, and you know, now we've learned the news that he wasn't able to survive that. But the crowd when he was shot, they all kind of duck down. People started screaming, and then they started running. And you know what, like I said, I had family members there, and three other members of our family were also there, and it was scary, and and it's sad, and it's and now it also makes me mad. It's infuriating as well.
Speaker 3: Have all the emotions, Jason, it's Lindy here. Sean had to step away from one moment to take a call, and I'm assuming you can understand where that call came from. What you're saying is just heartbreaking. We all knew Charlie. We were all friends with Charlie. We also have on the line right now, Buck Sexton, who was also very very close and is very close to the Trump family and to Charlie and anybody like you said, who worked in conservative politics. I mean, we all know Charlie and he was just larger than life.
Speaker 4: Buck.
Speaker 3: I know we've been texting all day. We are just beyond words.
Speaker 4: I'm in I'm in shock. And you know I understand that the country, uh you know, we had, we had our president was shot, but we knew he was he was okay right away, you know, you knew he raised a fist, and it was we got confirmation and Trump pulled through. And I think for so many of us, I mean, I know for me and many people I've been texting with, we just we just thought Charlie was going to pull through too, and I can't. I had to have many people confer. It's still hard to believe that this happened. It's a dark moment for the country. I think. Unfortunately, we wake up in a different country Tomorrowlando. This is going to affect many things in our lives in deeply negative ways. That's there's so many thoughts that I think running through all of our heads. I mean, also, you know, we tear up just thinking about Charlie's wife and his beautiful kid, the loss that they've had because Charlie wanted to do what we all knew he was so gifted at and so dedicated to, which was just engaging you know Charlie. You know, Charlie haven't threatened anybody. Charlie never crossed that He line. Charlie was let's talk, let's discuss, And in so many ways, that's just at the at the heart of how our country is even able to function. And he was winning in the best possible way. He was winning the culture, he was winning the debate. He was leading this charge and was such a powerful figure in the Trump movement for people and for young people. And you know, I would tell people that I would come across you know, Linda in our work, you know that with young people on campus and say, oh, you know, do you know Charlie Kirk And I'd be like, it's yeah, oh, I've known Charlie for for a decade and said oh. It was like he was such an inspiration to them. And and I sit here and as I'm saying all these things about him, and we're doing a a hugey for Charlie. I mean, Linda, they assassinated our friend. They assassinated our friend speaking in a college camps.
Speaker 3: I'm I think, honestly, the thing that I feel the most afraid of and the most upset with, and I think both you and Jason would agree with this, is it feels like there's a target on everybody's back. It feels like we're in a place where when you speak your mind on the right, they come at you, and they come at you in a way that is frightening. You know, Charlie never advocated for violence to get any against anybody. He always always spoke with love, his faith in Jesus Christ and his opinion. And you know what he did, He opened the mic to hear everybody else's opinion. I mean, I just I mean, look at you, Jason. You're there with your children. This is something you can take your kids to to hear open discourse and conversation instead of screaming and shouting and the Antifa nonsense that goes all over the place. This is a place for conversation to try to understand and get to a place where we can all live a better life through Christ, through loving one another. And now his poor wife, Erica, their children both under five. I mean, I just am I think all of us feel the same way. Jason, You've been amazing today. I don't know how you're doing what you're doing, having been their firsthand.
Speaker 5: How are your children?
Speaker 2: There's scared, you know, they my kids quite frankly. You know, in politics, I get to run into some of the most interesting people in the world, you know, being in Congress, being on Fox, I get relatives they're probably most interested in seeing Donald Trump and Jarnie Kirk. And that's who they're excited about. That's who. That's who they want to get their picture taken with, or spend time or even just say that they shook her hand. And that's why I had thousands of people think about this. You have thousands of people on a Wednesday, beautiful day at noon to do what he is not taught in the classroom, which is to have a dialogue. And as you both mentioned, the message of Charlie Kirk was, look, we got to be able to talk to each other. If not, it's going to result in violence. But I'm still emotional, I'm still I'm sure in shock of it all. But the violence seems to go one way. And I'm just saying that if you have a conservative voice and you want to be able to express yourself and just live, love your country and freedom, I know that's not the case. I know there are people on all kinds of the both sides of the aisle.
Speaker 6: But.
Speaker 2: I don't think when this chapter's, you know, written, I just immediately my gut reaction. Again, I'm emotionally close to this at the moment. But you think it's a coincidence, is a guy comes to the microphone who's asking you questions about transgender violence and shootings, and then a shot rings out.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's a coincidence, and I think it's pretty sad.
Speaker 2: What I'm frustrated with right now here in real time, it's a lack of communication from local law enforcement. There was a very light footprint that Charlie has a personal protective detail. But we're talking a handful of people, and we're talking two thousand people in a crowd in an open space with no security checks. I mean, it's a college campus, you know, and it's Utah.
Speaker 4: We're not used to shootings.
Speaker 2: Period, let alone something an assassination like this, And you could go for a long long time and just not have a shooting in Utah County. They just don't have it, and so they got to find this shooter. There's so many video tapes rolling you tell me that don't I don't know who it is yet.
Speaker 3: I completely agree with you, Congressman and Buck. I know you guys are getting a lot of people calling you. Can I bother you to stay with us through the break and for a few more words on the other side here?
Speaker 4: Sure?
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 4: Sean Hennedy.
Speaker 7: The Sean Hennity Show. We just had a major storm hit where my studios are and the line went down, hopefully just temporarily. Buck sect Sexton is with us today. You know, Buck, we both knew Charlie so well. If you're just joining us today. Charlie Kirk has died at the age he was shot and killed today an event at Utah Valley University in a speech that he was giving a turning point USA. This is what he did. I mean, he built an incredible operation where thousands and thousands of kids all around the country kind of had a safe space in these indoctrination centers for the left wing. And we don't know. The shooter is still on the loose, the assassin is on the loose.
Speaker 4: Buck.
Speaker 7: I did have an opportunity. I did talk briefly with the President. He was pretty shaken up by it, as you would imagine. Charlie had a great relationship with President Trump. And it is sad in every way. He's thirty one years old, was thirty one, two young children, wife, he leaves behind, and you know, and then we have the radical left. I just saw that, you know. JB. Pritzker puts out on the shooting. Political violence, unfortunately, is ramped up in this country, and I think there are people who are fermenting it in this country. I think the President's rhetoric often forments it. How do you go from the death of an assassination of a thirty one year old young man whose only fault is he is a conservative? How do you go from there to saying something like that within two hours of this young man dying.
Speaker 4: Sean, It's sad, beyond words what's happened. It's also enraging. There is something demonic that is not just within the Democrat Party and the left in this country. But I think, unfortunately we have seen his ascendant and this has now shown us a pattern. I mean use that word assassin, and that is the word we need to understand and need to utilize here. Charlie Kirk was my friend, he was your friend. As you said, he was close with President Trump. He was best friends with Dom Junior, the President's son.
Speaker 2: You know, he.
Speaker 4: Was winning, he was convincing, he was bringing over the youth, I mean, young people in America to the side of just rationality, sanity, constitutionalism, being reasonable, and there's something deeply sick and wrong with the left, and I think we need you just start to understand that this is what we are up against. The rhetoric that they use, calling Trump a Nazi and saying all these things, and therefore, by extension, saying people like you know, defaming people like Charlie. There are maniacs out there who act on this stuff, and they think that they're getting signals. They think that they're getting the approval of the loudest and most powerful voices in the Democrat Party. And I think, Michelan, you're talking about a rifle shot at two hundred yards. The shooter is still on the loose right now. I mean, this was an assassination that is not an easy shot at two hundred yards on the first shot. This was planned out. This was someone who decided that they were going to engage in one of the worst acts of evil we have seen in American politics in decades. And I'm just in shock, and I miss my friend, and I feel terrible for his family. I feel terrible for the people who were counting on Charlie everone in turning point, and honestly, so many people across America they relied on him, and they knew that he was there and they knew that he was making the arguments and fighting that good fight, and that he was stolen from us by an assassin's bullet. We wake up, Shawn in a in a darker, uglier, scarier country tomorrow, and I don't know a way around that. My own family is asking me what do we do. I don't have any answers. I don't think anybody does right now. But this is going to have reverberations for a long time and it just has made it has made everything worse. And I couldn't be more upset for Charlie, for his family, and for everybody who believed in him and what he was doing in his mission.
Speaker 7: If you think of everything that he's been so successful at doing, it's it's mind numbing. It again at the age of thirty one. The most repulsive part of this. It's not just the JB. Pritzkers of the world. You know, it wasn't even an hour from the time that he was shot and over at MSDNC, you know, on the Katie Ter Show, you know you have Matthew Dowd, one of their political analysts, suggesting, oh, his rhetoric made him a target of violence and hate speech inevitably led to him being and he's one of the most divisive young figures white because he's a conservative, and he goes on a college campus and he offers a voice to people that feel that they don't have a voice on a college campus, and then to take it a step further. Hateful thoughts lead to hateful words, lead to hateful actions. They are rationalizing and justifying all of this. And this these comments were made before we knew he was dead. We knew how bad it was because we had the video that showed the blood gushing from Charlie's neck, you know, the second he was shot. And this is where the minds of some people go. We'll take a break here, we'll come back on the other side. Buck Sexton is with us. We'll try and get some calls in as well. We'll get our line back up as we continue Sad Day for America. All right, twenty five now till the top of the hour, eight nine point one, Shawn, I know a lot of you want to weigh in on all of this. If you're just joining us, I'm sure the entire country knows by now that Turning Point USA founder CEO Friend of the program. Charlie Kirk was assassinated today at an event at Utah Valley University, which is beyond surprising, and the shooter, the assassin, is at large. President Trump, I did speak briefly with him. The great, even legendary Charlie Kirk is dead. No one understood or had the heart of the youth of the US, of the United States of America better than Charlie. He was loved admired by all, especially by me. He's no longer with us, Malaney and my sympathies go out to his beautiful wife, Erica. His family had two young children. Charlie, we love you. I can't believe the shooter is still at large, but he is. And of course the left, predictably is going out doing the things that they do. Let me just play how bad it got. We didn't even know whether he had survived the assassination attempt by the time that MSDNC was saying this on the air.
Speaker 8: And I think that's the environment we're in that that people just you can't stop with these sort of awful thoughts you have and then saying these awful words and not expect awful actions to take place, and that's the fortunate environment we're in.
Speaker 9: Charlie Kirk is a divisive figure, polarizing, lightning rob whatever term you want to use.
Speaker 10: Why Well, he's one of maga's most prominent voices online. He hosts in Your Daily Podcast. He opines on almost everything. He's been very closely aligned with the President since his initial run for office in twenty fifteen twenty sixteen, and his ties to Trump really elevated his own brand. He was really quite young as an activist when the President launched his initial campaign, and he has kind of written along with MAGA since twenty sixteen.
Speaker 9: And as we were just talking about a moment ago with Alan after one of the DOGE employees was allegedly attacked in Washington, d C. That's what Donald Trump used as a justification to send in federal troops into Washington, DC to get things under control the carjacking situation.
Speaker 4: He used that.
Speaker 9: And I know it's hard to predict the future, Mark, but you can imagine the administration using this as a justification for something.
Speaker 7: Then we have the dopey governor of Illinois, JB. Pritzker. Political violence, unfortunately has ramped up in this country. I think there are people who are fomenting it in this country. I think the President's rhetoric often foments it. It's beyond the pale, it's you know, a lot of these comments have made so cold callous. What did I say on this program after the President gave a speech before it joined such in Congress? I said that Democrats couldn't stand for the family of Lake and Riley, They couldn't stand for the family of little Joscelyn Nungary. They couldn't stand for a young man who had at the time had beaten cancer and became a Secret Service agent that night. And I said, if that's the point that people are at in this country, forget politics. You don't have a heart, you don't have a soul, you don't have a conscience. If this is where your mind goes when a thirty one year old, yeah, outspoken political commentator is assassinated at a university in Utah, there's something really dark, ugly twisted, and the missing chip it's pretty unbelievable. Buck Sexon is still with us as the Clay and Buck Show and a friend of the program, also friend of Charlie Kirk. I know this is personal for you. Buck you know, but I also know something else. You know, your scheduled to give a public speech tomorrow. If I told you the text that I'm getting from friends and family and associates about security and be careful, and you're getting the same thing, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sure Sean is disterrible assassin at two hundred yards to hit somebody in the neck. This person trained, most likely this out knew what they were doing. And you know from a from a tactical perspective, and it's still on the loose. But there's also even beyond that, there's the reality that this is not happen. This this horrible and tragic assassination of our of our friend Charlie, which is still I mean, it's just we're all in shock. I mean, I've had when when Lindo was texting me about this and we kept saying, Linda, tell me it's not confirmed. My hands were going numb, and we're sitting here, we're thinking about how to process this. But it didn't happen in a vacuum. Sean. You and I know that there were there were two assassination attempts against President Trump, but there's also been many violent attempts. If you were to go back coming from the left against people in the right. I think of the shooting that happened what in twenty eighteen tried to be a mad That guy tried to do a mass assassination of members of Republicans, specifically Republican and conservative mem of Congress yelling this is for healthcare. I mean, you and I both spoken to Senator Ram Paul about that. He was there on that day Steve Scalise got hit almost died. The left has a violence problem, a big one, and it's because they say that Trump is hitler. It's because they say that fascism is here. There is nothing like that on the right. There's nothing that exists in our political discourse that goes anywhere near the kinds of defamatory and insane statements that they make. And I think everyone's tired of Sean though. The problem I'm seeing right now for a lot of people is just trying to one process the grief but also suppress the rage. They just assassinated one of the most important political figures on the right in this country. And take apart a take a step aside for a second. He's your friend, he's my friend, he's friends with everybody that we know in this business, everybody that we know in this business. There was nobody on the right that had any prominence in media and politics who didn't know Charles and everybody liked him. And it took him out. They took him out for a reason. And it's it's the ugliest and most upsetting thing possible to have happened on the daylight today. And they did this because they want power. They did this because they want to subvert the movement and the trajectory of the country and the President Trump and his supporters were seeing and and this is taking the country into a place. I don't know what it's like tomorrowshaw, I'm everyone just texting me saying, how's your conceal how's your concealed carry piece? You know, do you need me to loan you want? I mean, I've got a bunch. I know you do too. But you know, they're just worried now about who that what the next step is and where the country goes, and they're trying to process the grief. It's it's horrible beyond words. I am truly worried for the country.
Speaker 7: Well, I'm gonna get ready and then we'll play for this audience. I want to play a lot of the anti Trump rhetoric. We have montages that we played. You know, Eric Trump was on earlier and Eric brought up the fact, you know, and somebody else brought up the fact. Eric brought it up, you know, Kathy Griffin with a decapitated head. Go back to twenty sixteen, Madonna, I think an awful lot about blowing up the White House, or think of you know, when's the last time a president was assassinated? You know, another idiot actor making a comment. Never mind the daily rhetoric that comes from the left, and they don't see, you know, the first blame conservatives. You know, look at Rosy o'donald tried to blame the Minneapolis shooting on conservatives. There was no evidence at all that warranted that observation of those comments. Let me play, let me, let me, let me play just some of this rhetoric. And even you know, not even knowing that he had been that he was dead, the instinct of people is so repulsively grotesque and evil.
Speaker 9: Listen, Charlie Kirk is a divisive figure, polarizing, lightning rob whatever term you want to use.
Speaker 10: Why, well, he's one of maga's most prominent voices online. He hosts a mere daily podcast he opines on almost everything. He's been very closely aligned with the President since his initial run for office in twenty fifteen twenty sixteen, and his ties to Trump really elevated his own brand. He was really quite young as an activist when the president launched his initial campaign, and he has kind of written along with MAGA since twenty sixteen and were ugly influential. With a guy who wants to kill us and.
Speaker 6: Two our detractors that insist that this march will never add up to anything, Thank you you, but this is the hallmark of revolution. Yes, I'm angry, Yes I am outraged. Yes I have thought an awful lot about blowing up the White House.
Speaker 11: You know, I had a dream the other night about that I was playing golf with Donald Trump, and I was standing beside him with a club in my hand. I was, you know, considering my options when I suddenly woke up. You know, it was one of those dreams when you want to just get back to sleep so you can finish it.
Speaker 8: You know.
Speaker 12: Put mister Burgess up against uh Sean Hannity, He'll tear them up. I need you to go out and talk to your friends and talk to your neighbors. I want you to talk to him, whether they're independent or whether they are Republican. I want you to argue with them and get in their faces.
Speaker 8: Press always ask for You're going my worshower debating him.
Speaker 13: No, I wish you were in high school.
Speaker 4: I could take him behind the gym. That's what I wish.
Speaker 2: What we've got to do is fight in Congress, fight in the courts, fight in the streets.
Speaker 14: Ordinary people who simply saw what needed to be done and came together and supported those ideals, who have made the difference. They marched, they bled. Yes, some of them have died. This is hard. Every good thing is we have done this before, we can do this again.
Speaker 1: Boss, I'm concerned that Teapoty can go straight to him.
Speaker 9: In fact, the only thing your mouth is good for is being Vladimir Putin's polster.
Speaker 4: Along.
Speaker 15: There's going to be our saving grace. You know, when he's about to nuke Finland or something. She's gonna walk into the bedroom and you know, Daddy, daddy, don't you, daddy.
Speaker 13: He's a punk, he's a dog, he's a pig. He's a con, a book artist, a mutt, He's an idiot. He talks how he wants to punch people in the face. Well, I'd like to punch him in the face.
Speaker 6: We are graced with Sarah's presence tonight.
Speaker 9: I have to say I'm a little starstruck.
Speaker 11: I love you as aunt Lydia and the Handmaid's Tail.
Speaker 7: Why are you even out here?
Speaker 5: Trump?
Speaker 4: It's no longer than the Trump Trump.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, you have members.
Speaker 16: Of your cabinet that have been booed out of restaurants, who have protesters taking up at the house. Who's staying, no thanks, no sleep, no pas, nor sleep. And guess what, We're gonna win this battle because while you try and cook the Bible, Jeff Sessions and others, you really don't know the Bible.
Speaker 4: God is on our side.
Speaker 16: And if you see anybody from that cabinet in a restaurant.
Speaker 7: I mean buck. The rhetoric has been there. We've all covered it, We've discussed it in great you know, specificity, in detail, and it's almost like there's been this dehumanizing effect. Now I'm not saying that there aren't a few people on the right that don't say a lot of dumb stuff. But this is so beyond the pale, and it's gone on, it's almost been normalized a way. Do you think that kind of rhetoric has an impact on people that would be responsible for something like today.
Speaker 4: Sean, I know it does, and you know it does, and everyone with us right now knows the same that the rhetoric they use is wildly irresponsible, that it has led to a whole range of a horrific I mean this we're calling an assassination, it's also an active terror. Let's be clear, Charlie was killed for political reasons. This was political violence, politically motivated violence. This was a terrorist act by an assassin. And we've seen this in the recent shooting of the church in Minneapolis. We saw this with the trans shooter in Nashville. We've seen this. As I said that baseball diamond in twenty eighteen, the two assassination attempts to at to President Trump, this country was saved by an inch, by President Trump turning his head. I mean saved from God knows what was going to happen, Saved by an inch, Sean. And today we weren't lucky. Today, we didn't have the hand of God to direct that bullet away at the last second, and now we deal with the tragic consequences of this. The rhetoric of the left is absolutely and let's just I don't even like necessarily making it about the It's the Democrat Party. It's not just the left. It's not a fringe to to your point, are there crazy? Can you find some crazy person who says their right wing somewhere? Are there? Of course you can. You and I though Shan are talking about the editorial pages of the New York Times.
Speaker 7: It's not in the mainstream of conservatism. It's not. It's on the deep, deep fringes of people whose names I probably wouldn't even know, you know, or people that just you know, I've noticed there's been an attempt to try to, you know, make certain people, you know, part of the conservative movement that are anything but conservative, anything but maga, anything but what a Republican stands for. And you know, it's a means of associating us with with this madness. I've been on the air on radio since nineteen eighty seven, I've been I've been on Fox. In early October, it's going to be thirty completed years on the Fox News channel. And you know, this kind of rhetoric doesn't come from mainstream conservative We're talking about networks that do this regularly. We're talking about newspapers that do it regularly. You know, we're talking about, you know, the whole Democratic Party that is doing this regularly. And is it the reason? I don't know what the reason is.
Speaker 4: Nobody.
Speaker 7: You know, evil does exist, it does, but this is, you know, been so over the top for so long. Sadly, I think we've become immune to a.
Speaker 15: Lot of it.
Speaker 4: Well, that's that's definitely the case, Sean, And that's the huge difference that on our side, it's it's always going to be a completely dishonest comparison. And people say, oh, there's there's violence on the left, and you'll see a lot of this both sides ism. There's no both sides ism here, or rather there should be none. The Democrat rhetoric that you and I are talking about is from the most elevated, the most widespread, and most powerful and well funded voices in the Democratic Party. They say that Trump is going to end this country. They say that Trump is an existential threat. I'm sure, I mean, I know, I listen to your show, Sean, you've had to play those clips how many dozens, if not hundreds of times? Oh, Trump is a threat to democracy? Well, those same lunatics that are saying that when they say Trump is a threat to democracy. Charlie was in many ways the right hand man for young people in MAGA, and there was a clear, a clear decision that has been made by people on the left that anything goes to destroy Trump. We saw that with all the all the prosecutions and all just the incentive with the two assassination attempts against Trump as well. And now they now they've assassinated Charlie Kirk. I just they're not going to change though, Sean, this is the part of it. I don't know where we go from this because at MSNBC they're going to say, well, you know, political violence is bad, but everybody, everybody has a little bit of this going on or something. By the way, I'm just going to say that.
Speaker 7: I gotta run. Buck Sexton, You've been great, You're a dear friend. You please be careful if you're just joining us. Charlie Kirk assassinated at Utah Valley University. Well more coverage and also coverage tonight at eye on Foss will continue, sure, hannedy yeh is what That's gonna wrap things up for today. Our love, thoughts, prayers for Charlie, his wife, his children, his family. Will more coverage tonight at nine on Hannity