Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, podcasts, radio news, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers podcast, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg data.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look. Now, it's some stocks on the move today. We're joined by Bloomberg's John Tucker.
Speaker 3: Let's start with the one that has the number one waiting. Apple ones among the most active, could be getting a boost of consumers try to front run the tariffs. So you have employees from different Apple locations across the country. They say the stores are filled with customers, with shoppers expressing concerns prices are going to climb dramatically after the tariffs are imposed. Most Apple, most of the iPhones, Apple's best selling most important product, of course, are manufactured in China, and China is due for fifty four percent tariffs. One employee telling Bloomberg their store was slammed with people panic buying phones. Almost every customer asked me if prices were going to go up soon, said the worker, who refused to be identified. By the way, Apple shares they've dropped what nineteen percent since the terrafs were announced last week, marking the worst three day stretch for Apple since two thousand and one. Take a quick look at crypto stocks. They're under pressures as bitcoin was struggling to catch a bid. So Morgan Stanley has downgraded Robinhood to equal weight from overweight. They have a price target now of forty remember that used to be ninety. They're setting concerns the crypto market turmoil could weigh on the company's transaction revenue this quarter. The slide could also shake investors faith in bitcoin's role as a safe haven during times of turbulent advocates they've long promoted the token as kind of a hedge against both the market volatility and the currency flush.
Speaker 1: Well said there were some outflows, but not mental outflows.
Speaker 3: Also always one of the most active Tesla Joel Levington. He's the director of credit research for Blood Brig Intelligence. He is writing this morning and this is a quote Elon Musk. Pursuit of ambitious and high risk bands such as the cyber truck now falling well short of sales goals, even with the aggressive police discounts and the elusive robo taxi are taking a toll on Tesla's fundamental performance at a critical juncture in the auto market. It's long promised to lower cost vehicle, the model Q will likely be met, and when it does arrive with a weakening brand image, a large market of inexpensive used Tesla's likely, fading government support for evs and intensifying global competition.
Speaker 1: Mister Musk, I believe, in the last forty eight hours, had a meeting with mister Trump of some form phone or face to face, don't know, and he basically said, I don't agree with the tariffs. Paul, do you just assume mister Musk returns to.
Speaker 2: Tesla to I see that.
Speaker 3: That was my assumption going into that.
Speaker 2: I was again, I was kind of measuring his tenure in the White House in weeks, maybe not months or years, but he's lasted quite a long time.
Speaker 1: Said quite the impact of the day.
Speaker 3: And he was on social media over the weekend, Musk was taking Peter Navarro questioning his credentials. So a little bit of tension there. Wrap. Please I go buy this store and it's vacant, it's been vacant.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Is this a no?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: Whoa would never be vacant? Goodness? No, this is Walgreens, the one I passed over thirty six every morning. I mean, it's just like, I don't know, the mis are running around in there. They reported quarterly profit exceeding Wall Street expectations. This is actually a pretty strong performance and what is likely to be one of their last reports as a public company. Kind of welcome news for investors. The second largest pharmacy chan of the US, the investors have been concerned about the ability of Walgreens to make enough money. Amid declining insurance payments for PRIs prescriptions, increase competition from the online retailers, and the big box story. The value has plummeted over the past decade. A last month, of Chain agreed to be purchased by Sycamore Partners for ten billion dollars, and that deal is expected to close at the end of this year.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers podcast from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.