Speaker 1: All right, News round up and information overload hour. Here's our toll free telephone number if you want to be a part of the program. It's eight hundred and ninety four one Sean if you want to join us. Well, the reckless and irresponsible comments of the radical left never ceased to amaze me, and it is beyond disturbing what is happening now. The current Attorney general out in Arizona is a person by the name of Chris Mays now out there openly threatening ICE agents simply for doing their job. Now, Arizona's had a terrible problem with the illegal immigration. It's a border state, just like Texas and other border states. They have been bearing the brunt of the illegal immigration. Look, I've been down to the border at least fifteen times, not in recent years, because I'd been down there so many different times, all the way from the Rio grand to San Diego and everywhere in between, including the Tucson sector. And I'll never forget. You know, you're on one side of the border and there's nothing but poverty and what would look like what we would describe as the equivalent of a junkyard. And I remember watching these kids, and that was in San Diego. Actually remember watching these kids play, and you know, there's old tires and garbage and just an absolute mess. On the other side of that fence. At the time were million dollar homes in San Diego, and I remember thinking to myself, well, if I was on that side of the fence, of course I'd want to be on the other side of the fence. I totally get that and understand that. But we are a nation of laws. We need to vet people that come into this country. And by vetting, I mean we need to make sure they don't have radical associations. We have to make sure after a post pandemic world, that people have a health check that they're not going to make their fellow American sick. And last, and importantly not least, is you can't be a financial burden for the American people if you come here.
Speaker 2: We can't afford it.
Speaker 1: And you know, here is the reckless, irresponsible rhetoric of the Arizona Attorney General Chris Mays suggesting residents can actually shoot ice agents and self defense.
Speaker 2: It never ceases to amaze me.
Speaker 3: Listen, We're a standard ground state. We have one of the most expansive standard ground laws in the entire country that rivals even Florida. We also have a lot of guns in Arizona. We're gun culture in this state. And you know, it's kind of a recipe for disaster because you have these masked federal officers with very little identification, sometimes no identification, wearing plain clothes and masks. And we have a standard ground law that says that if you reasonably believe that your life is in danger and you're in your house or your car, or on your property, that you can defend yourself with lethal force. I want to be careful with that and understand what you're saying, because you know how that could be interpreted. Well, but it's the fact.
Speaker 1: It's the fact suggesting residents can shoot ice what and in self defense? And when did the laws apply to people that didn't respect our laws entering this country illegally and respect our borders and respect our sovereignty, But somehow they have every constitutional protection as an American citizen. Is that what she's implying As the number one law enforcement individual in Arizona. By the way, Arizona recently lost Mark Bernovich was a great guy. I knew him, former attorney general, and you know, fifty nine years old. They had a heart attack. It was so sad. He's been a friend of this program for a long time. Now we have the current Arizona Senate President, Warren Peterson, is now deciding to run against Arizona AG Chris Mays, and he joins us now, Warren Peterson, thank you for being with us.
Speaker 4: Thank you so much for having me on the show.
Speaker 5: Sean.
Speaker 4: It's an honor to.
Speaker 6: Be with you.
Speaker 2: Anyway. I appreciate you being with us.
Speaker 1: You put on an X it's kind of a recipe for disaster because you have these mass federal officers, you know. And you put up the quote that she put in here, and you said her weak loyally language games don't undo the damage she's done here.
Speaker 2: Explain that.
Speaker 4: So Chris Mays with her dangerous rhetoric. And by the way, she was completely wrong on the law. This is why she loses in court all the time and cost Arizona taxpayers millions of dollars wasted dollars. She's wrong on the law. You cannot shoot an eye officer using the standard ground laws. There is an exception right in the statue. It says this does not apply to law enforcement so she doesn't even know what she's talking about. It is extremely dangerous for her to be given bad legal advice to the whole state, where now you could turn Arizona into Minnesota and have these dangerous riots happening and people thinking they can shoot ice officers.
Speaker 1: It really is so reckless and so irresponsible on so many different levels. And you're right, because if she's the attorney general, what are the people in Arizona gonna you know, how will they interpret that, How will they construe that, How will they apply that? It sounds to me like she's saying, basically, you have a right to fire back at anybody you don't like.
Speaker 4: That is exactly how people have been construing it, and that is why here you have the top cop in the state being condemned by every layer of law enforcement. The APA there is on Police Association PPSLA has condemned her, The sheriffs just came out last night condemning her, and the FOP, so literally every police association in the state has condemned her. Dangerous rhetoric that can make people think that they can shoot ice and she's putting Arizona's in danger. She's putting law enforcement in danger, and so I'm pushing back, and law enforcement has pushed back and said, we want to make sure that people realize standard ground laws do not apply to law enforcement, and if you shoot an ice officer, you will be prosecuted for murder. You can't go into court and say the Attorney General told me.
Speaker 6: I could do this.
Speaker 1: Well, I got to tell you something. You know, when I lived in New York, I couldn't believe New York law. And then, by the way, it's applicable in Minnesota too, is you have a duty and obligation even if somebody breaks into your house to make an attempt to retreat.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's insane. I don't understand the logic.
Speaker 1: Somebody breaks into your house and if you don't prove, if it's not proven that you didn't make an attempt to retreat in your own house away from a perpetrator, you could be found guilty.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, unfortunately in Arizona we don't have that law. You can stand your ground, you can protect yourself from people that are threatening your life. You can protect yourself and your home. Here's Chris Mays hates the Second Amendment. That's why she was trying to, you know, conflate these two issues. But the reality is if somebody says we're ice, we're law for if they are law enforcement and if you're breaking the laws, then no, you're not in a position where you can shoot them and kill them because you're breaking the laws.
Speaker 1: Believable. All right, So when is the election coming up? Is I assume you're in cycle.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so it'll be this November. We will finally be getting rid of the lawless and tyrannical ag that we've been dealing with for the last four years.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: I notice you have a long list of law enforcement leaders that have supported you. The Indiana Attorney General, Utah Attorney General, Idaho Attorney General, Border Patrol veteran friend of this program, Art del Puatos supporting you, the Panell County Sheriff supporting you, Penell County Attorney Brad Miller is supporting you, jor Pio supporting you, Phoenix Police Sergeants, Lieutenant's Association. So you have a lot of law enforcement people in your corner. Have you gotten President Trump's endorsement? Are you trying to get his endorsement?
Speaker 4: Absolutely, we're working hard on that right now, and we are honored to be the only candidate in these races, in the race to be endorsed by AG's sheriff and prosecutors. We want to take her priority is political lawfare, radical environmentalism. We want to bring Arizona back to fighting crime. That should be the top job of the AG. We're not going to let Arizona continue to drift towards California or Oregon or these other radical left states. We're going to bring it back to making Arizona the safest state it can be.
Speaker 1: Appreciate you being with us. Eight hundred nine four one, Shawn. If you want to be a part of the program, let's get to our busy phones. Eight hundred nine foot one Shawn. If you want to join us, David in California, you're on the Sean Hennity Show.
Speaker 6: Well, don't hold out against me.
Speaker 1: How is that United Socialist utopia of California? What do you think of your of your no show governor? You know that's now world traveler, full time tweety bird, full time podcaster, full time Trump psychotic stalker.
Speaker 2: What do you think of gain Sean?
Speaker 6: What time did you show?
Speaker 5: Get over?
Speaker 6: I don't think we have enough time to discuss him.
Speaker 2: Well, then why do you stay?
Speaker 1: I asked this question of people in New York and California all the time, what do you stay?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, there's glimmers of hope here and there, but mostly for family reasons. And it's the most beautiful state in the Union here, Sean, it just it needs.
Speaker 1: To hate to tell you. Florida is just as nice. Do you know California is now trying to collect taxes from a family that moved to Florida in twenty twenty one. That was an article on justinnews dot com. I mean, they sound like there were more tax agents from these blue states in my free state of Florida. It's like they don't want you to leave. They chase you out and people move, and then they follow you for years because they want your money. And they're going to have these exit taxes that are going to be put in place, and you're gonna have to pay taxes even if you leave. I don't think it'll be constitutional, but they're going to try. I mean, you can't get out of there fast enough, is my advice to you.
Speaker 5: Sean.
Speaker 6: That's happening more than more than you know. Because I had a friend who he's a financial advisor, and he was at a cocktail party with Gavin Newsom and he knows him in the a and Gavin's comment was, it doesn't matter, We'll find you, you know, And that's yeah. We definitely need a different form of management here in California because, like I said, there's some glimmers of hope here, like the new mayor of San Francisco, and I'm I'm neither a Republican or Democrat, but he's he's a Democratic mayor Leary, and he's doing a great job. I mean, he's cleaning up San Francisco. He's not waiting for a communist dictator to come to town to do that. But there's you know, it's a beautiful city and I know, I know it gets some get some bad press, maybe a little over exaggerated here and there, but but it's a beautiful city and it's a beautiful state. And I don't know, I'm hoping we cycled to it, if not a Ronald Reagan, at least another Arnold Swartzeneger.
Speaker 1: I don't think you're getting either. I think anyone with the common sense left. But anyway, what's on your mind?
Speaker 6: Anyway, Hey, what that I was calling for is uh, you know, I agree with what's happening in Minnesota. I think it needs to be taken care of. I wish breaks on the ice and customers and borders. Now said, I think, well.
Speaker 1: What do you mean put the brakes on? You don't want him to enforce the law and mean he's arrested. They've arrested murderers, rapist, pedophiles, other violent criminals all over Minnesota.
Speaker 2: You want that to stop?
Speaker 6: No, no, no, no. I absolutely agree with that, But I think that they should keep an eye on these criminal immigrants and and maybe not counts yet, but what's happening. I mean, this is the only state in the United States where we're seeing this violent activity right now. And now I know it's going on everywhere else, but not of this caliber. So why I'm saying that is that it makes the Somali daycare and fraud issues go away. And being in California, I mean, the Minnesota fraud and abuses is microscopic in the comparison to what's happening in California. You know, we're in the two hundred.
Speaker 2: Oh bill, oh, let me let me tell you something.
Speaker 1: When they move, when we find out about all the fraud in Minnesota and we moved to California. I guarantee you California is going to be the probably worse than Minnesota.
Speaker 2: That's my prediction.
Speaker 1: Oh and say, with one hundred percent certainty, New York won't be far behind that either.
Speaker 6: Hey, and you know, I got to tell you a quick story. I used to travel with the area quite a bit, and I was in Hong Kong at at paving breakfast at the hotel I was staying at, and I'm reading the paper and they were talking about two Chinese government employees that were caught embezzling money from the Chinese government, and they were arrested on Monday, try it on Tuesday, and put to death on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: Oh so you're talking about a different legal system.
Speaker 5: Listen.
Speaker 1: I'd like our system of justice. I wish it would work a little bit more expeditiously. But you know, maybe we have the system of justice where people the presumption of innocence is real, and I think I think it's it's imperfect, but it works. It's the best we're going to have. And we don't want to be that type of society that says guilty dead anyway, my friend, appreciate it. Take a nice drive along the Pacific host Highway and as we'll get your money's worth what you're paying out there. All right, quick break right back. We'll get to your calls. Eight hundred and nine four one, Shawn, as we continue today. All right, let's get to our busy telephones. Ted, my free state of Florida.
Speaker 2: What's up? Ted? How are you glad you called?
Speaker 5: Hi? Sean? I've been listening to you for many, many years. I'm a life, lifelong conservative. Was for Reagan my dad, it.
Speaker 2: Drove him Nazi by the way, same here, that was my first vote Reagan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, anyway, Sean. The reason I'm called yesterday you said something on the show and it it It upset me so much. Sean, with all due respect, I am tired of turning the TV on all conservative uh broadcasts, not just you, but other people on the radio. I am tired of us acting like we're in some schoolyard and the big bad bully Democrats are calling us names. Oh, the Gestapo, the Nazis, they're stormtroopers, and we react yesterday, correct me if I'm wrong. You said they have blood on their hands and your opinion. Now, freedom of speech, in my book is absolute. We may not like what they say. But I never heard Waltz or the mayor of Minneapolis tell someone to drive down with their car and run at an ice agent. I never heard them say bring a gun to a protest. I don't like what they say. I think they're complete idiots. But when we acknowledge what they say and we play it constantly on all broadcasts on TV and everything, we are just supporting what they eventually want. They want words to mean the same as actions. In other words, if we say we're against what Obama stood for, then we are assaulting Obama. We are, you know, assaulting. It's like Rush Limbaugh used to say, my idol on the radio. They think in terms of twenty thirty forty years. I mean, I think back to my working years. I'm sixty six. When I was twenty five years old and walked into my terminal where I drove a truck in Michigan, and one of the women in the office look nice. I could say, wow, you look nice today, Susan. There was no repercussions. Look where we're at now. This is what they do, and it's because, you know, no disrespect. Again. We pound on it every day. Oh my god, Look what they said about the ice agents. Look what they said about the police. Look what they said about us. Who cares what we need?
Speaker 1: Here's the problem with your theory, if I may, without cutting you off, Okay, let me tell you the problem with your theory. Yeah, sticks and stones can break your bones. I got all that, I understand it. I've been called every single solitary name in the book. I have been light about, I have been smeared, I have been slandered, I have been besmirched. I've had my personal text messages, thousands of them released publicly without my permission. I live through all of that. I'm a public figure. I have no recourse at all. I accept that because that comes with the job. Okay, here's the problem with your theory is when you have elected officials that are dehumanizing and inciting mobs of people to gather and prevent law enforcement from.
Speaker 2: Being able to do their job.
Speaker 1: Not only in a state they can't even do their job, they're now making their jobs more dangerous. Those words have consequences, and to not call them out would be reckless and irresponsible in our part, because there is a direct correlation. When tampond Tim and you know Mayor's small fire French Fry is out there, you know, doing his thing, Get the get the f out of Minneapolis. It has the impact, the net effect of mobilizing these people. We have to call out when something is and that puts the lives of of of law enforcement in jeopardy. People need to be aware of the tactics of the left if we're going to combat them, And this is what they are doing, and their rhetoric is inciting people to take to the streets and act the way they've been acting. They're supposed to be leaders. We should expect better from them. We don't get better from them. So is it the you know, is there a certain amount of this that is just that you know, we're going to have to take it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I believe in freedom of speech. I make my living with it.
Speaker 1: But should it be called out for being morally reprehensible and repugnant and that it has had, you know, devastating consequences. I think that story needs to be told, and I think to not tell it is to ignore a big part of the story. It's like to not remind people that this whole problem started five years ago with wide open borders and the lie that the borders closed and secure.
Speaker 2: I'll give you the last word.
Speaker 5: What you said. To a point, I still believe that people.
Speaker 2: You could just say, Hannah, you're right, and we can move on, and I.
Speaker 5: Could, and I may never get a chance to talk to you again. So just give me five ten seconds here.
Speaker 2: I mayke your time. They your time.
Speaker 5: To a point, here's my issue more than anything. When you, when you and other conservative commentators and on Fox every day, they pound on this day after day. Look what they said, Look what they said, Look what they said. People become numb to it. And that takes away from the personal personal responsibility of people like the gunman and people like the lady in the van. I don't care what those leaders said. They made a choice to drive down there and interfere with a legal operation of the federal government.
Speaker 2: Just like you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't deny the correlation. It is having a dehumanizing effect, and deny it. It is insightful rhetoric that is greatly contributing to a state of mind. And rather than calm the waters, they're pouring gas on a fire.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: The only thing I would argue against what you're saying is, yeah, maybe you see it on Fox and maybe you hear it on talk radio, but you're not seeing it and hearing it anywhere else because the media ignores it because they are corrupt.
Speaker 5: So you know, play it on the other stations, but they play it as a tribute to Waltz.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, there you go.
Speaker 1: I mean it needs to be putting its proper context, and that's what that's what defines us as being different. Let me tell you something, I'd be doing a disservice if I didn't make people aware. Look, everybody that listens to the show or watching my TV show, you, I assume everybody has a busy life. I assume that you're not following the news as closely as I am, every second, every minute, every hour of every day. And I assume when people listen to the show or watch my TV show, that you want news and information you're not going to get elsewhere. And I need to give you the full picture and context of what's happening and why it's happening.
Speaker 2: And I think it's a big part of it.
Speaker 1: I don't like that you're diminishing the contribution because they are they're taking they're taking you know, a fire hose, a gasoline, and they're pouring right on a fire and it's putting ice lives in jeopardy and they need to knock it off.
Speaker 5: Well, I mean, I respectfully, I don't see it.
Speaker 2: To them, you can't.
Speaker 1: You can't disagree with that. I mean, it's just a fact. Well, it's all quote rush, it's an undeniable truth.
Speaker 5: You can't make a straight line from.
Speaker 2: What hash you can with the gun to what with those people.
Speaker 1: If if if Tampon, Tim and may or small Fry weren't out there whipping people into a frenzy, and they were responsible and they was cooperative with Ice, would we be in the position we're in now.
Speaker 2: The answer is no, No, I don't I do. The answer is no.
Speaker 5: Well you don't know that for sure, Sean, you're assuming that. No.
Speaker 1: I kind of know because I look when because they're they're echoing what their fearless leaders are telling them to say.
Speaker 5: I think.
Speaker 2: But listen, I've got a run. Listen.
Speaker 1: I talk to you all day. You're a very good caller. You're an A plus. Probably because you live in the Free State of Florida. You get an A plus plus for that part. I do appreciate your sentiment. You know, I'm doing what I believe is right. News, information, context, and an understanding. Words do matter, and they do have an impact, especially in a case like this. In my view, I think it'd be reckless if I didn't tell people. But it's it's only part of the argument. You know, they caused this whole problem by by having wide open borders and lying about it. Otherwise we wouldn't be here at all. Anyway, good call my friend, Glad you're out there. Roberta is also in the Free State of Florida. Hey, Roberta, how are you hello? What's going on?
Speaker 7: Hi, Sean, I just wanted to call, first of all, this last caller. I do appreciate that you're getting that information out and to his to comment on what he said. I didn't hear Trump on January sixth telling them to go out and smash windows and beat up on people.
Speaker 1: I didn't hear that many of you will peacefully and patriotically march to the capital so your voices can be heard.
Speaker 7: Yes, anyway, I do appreciate what you do. I'm an avid listener. I just wanted to call and give you a little perspective from someone that's married to a retired slot officer that was in a very bad, houstage situation and had to make that split second decision and pull the trigger, yes, and killed someone. His partner was shot and he stepped up. And it's different to be on this end. And I feel for those officers that shot and killed someone. You know, I mean our family was affected. You know, it was our children were affected. It was a big deal, and you know, I think it's horrible that we're in the situation.
Speaker 1: Was his decision questioned? Was it questionable or was it clear cut?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 7: It was a clear cut They called it suicide by cop. He had no other poice. You know, he was firing back at the police.
Speaker 2: Was his was his partner? Okay? Did he survive or no?
Speaker 7: He did survive. He did, Thank god, he survived.
Speaker 2: Thank god, no lasting injuries, I hope.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: No, No, he's fine. He fully recovered. But you know, media was on our doorstep and we had to hide out. It was a big deal, you know, I mean a lot of investigation and it was concluded that you know that it was a justifiable shoot. In fact, he was awarded in Washington Award from the US Marshals. This guy was a bad guy. He had a bad rap sheet. But needless to say, it's it was very effective on the whole family, and then we had to endure ten years of that family coming and doing a civil suit against us, which thank god they never did. But you know, these are all things that you know, people don't realize, you know, and those officers, as did my husband, had to make a split second decision. I mean, they're trained for that, and it's unfortunate. But this rhetoric that Walls and Fry are doing, it's despicable. It's just where have we gone that we're so watered down that we don't respect the laws in this country. I mean, you know, it's just anyway, I just had to get that out.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm sorry your family had to live through that. It sounds to me like your husband was a hero. I'm sure that did have an impact on your family. I'm sorry about that part of it. That aspect of it too. It's terrible. Well people have to live through People don't understand, you know. I wish people would spend a little bit more time trying to put themselves in an officer's shoes. I always understood. And again I have not been speeding for fifteen years, but when I used to speed a little bit and get pulled over occasionally, I mean I was always super, super respectful because I understand that that police officer, you know, pulling me over walking up to my door, has no earthly idea what he's about to face.
Speaker 2: And they are.
Speaker 1: They are rightfully on guard, as they should be for their own safety and protection. You don't know that they don't know every single incident that they have to deal with the public, you know, could be life or death. Anyway, I appreciate the call. Thank you, ROBERTA. All right, Hennity Tonight, dine Easter and on the Fox News Channel, the latest that a Maniapolis and around the world. We'll check in with Lindsey Graham, Charles Payne, President giving a speech on the economy today. Write's previous, Katie Zachariah, Emily Campano, Sey DVR nine Eastern News. You'll never ever ever get from the Legacy media Mob nine Eastern Tonight on Foxy then back here tomorrow. Thank you for making the show possible.