Speaker 1: Starting next week on July eleventh, at nine pm Eastern eight pm Central. People ask me all the time, Delilah, how do you do it as a parent of thirteen kids. It's busy, but I can't imagine what it's like for Adam and Danielle Busby, who have five girls all turning two at the same time. Qute turns chaotic very fast as they're walking, talking, and body training. Welcome to the Terrible Twoes Days. Get it Terrible twes Days Tuesdays. Watch the new season of out Doddered on TLC and catch a sneak peek on TLC dot com slash out Doddered. Right now with me on this podcast are Danielle and Adam Busby. Now, if you thought you had your hands full of kids this summer, oh honey, you ain't seen nothing. Wait till you hear their story. Adam and daniel Busby. Welcome, Hi, Hi, Danielle. So the TV show was just picked up again for a third season, Out Doddered, Yes, ma'am, because you you two have six girls, the babies, and then how old is your older daughter?
Speaker 2: She just turned six years old. So the babies just turned two on April the fifth and April the eighth. Sorry, Blake just turned six on April the eighth, and the Quinn.
Speaker 3: Six on April fifth, and the Quint turned two on April eighth.
Speaker 1: I'm not even I'm not even gonna ask you your anniversary? Are you going to be in big trouble?
Speaker 3: Adam? Adam just had his birthday like two weeks ago too, so do you know that?
Speaker 2: One?
Speaker 3: Buzz?
Speaker 1: So the Quints were born at how many weeks? Twenty eight weeks?
Speaker 3: Twenty eight weeks and two days.
Speaker 1: And they spent the first couple of months of their life the Niko.
Speaker 3: That's correct, up to three months. We had them come home kind of sporadically. So Ava was the last baby to come home, and she made it out right at the three months mark, So basically on my actual do date is when they started really coming home.
Speaker 1: How big was each one of the five babies at birth?
Speaker 3: So they all were pretty equal in size. Hazel was the smallest at exactly two pounds, Ava, Riley, and Parker were all two pounds four ounces, and Olivia was two pounds six ounces.
Speaker 1: Wow, because I've seen pictures of them recently and they don't look like they started out that tiny. I gotta tell y'all, you would.
Speaker 3: Never even know. It's crazy. I mean, they're actually bigger babies and stockier babies and chubber babies than Blake ever.
Speaker 1: One, they do not look like they were fighting for their life those first few months. They look so healthy and beautiful and for.
Speaker 3: Sure having five little healthy.
Speaker 1: Babies, Praise God for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Amen. So Blake is six is she's starting first grade next year a second.
Speaker 3: She will be going to first grade. So she just graduated from kindergarten a couple of weeks ago, and she is a little bit nervous about going to first grade.
Speaker 1: Yeah, is it hard for her to be away all day away from the girls because it looks like she's so good. I mean, from what I see, she's an incredible big sister.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she is. She's amazing. I mean, as much as she doesn't realize she helps, but she plays with them and she interacts with them all the time. But I think she's really enjoyed going to school. She's always been a child that loves to learn and loves new things and learning about new things, and so I think going to school really kind of gives her that division of you know, just a little bit about it's just Blake and it's herself, and it's about Blake when she goes to kindergarten, when she goes to school, so she doesn't have to share anything. When she's at school, it's all for her, you know, along with the other twenty kids in her class. But I think she likes that kind of you know, she's in the house and it's always mommy and Daddy with all six of them and sharing this and sharing that. But at school she gets her a little bit of individual individuality, so I think she enjoys it.
Speaker 1: Well, it looks like you have been blessed with a wonderful, wonderful, healthy, blessed family. But challenging. Oh yeah, challenging.
Speaker 2: It's definitely busy. We never we never stopped.
Speaker 1: So, Adam, what's the most challenging aspect of fatherhood to six girls and a wife? So you are not just our daughter, you are out out girled the there's just too much estrogen going on. Wait a few more years. What's the most challenging thing you do with on a daily basis?
Speaker 2: At him, I'm the sole breadwinner of the house and so i'm you know, I go to work, you know, five days a week. You know, most dads, most guys, you know, whenever they come home from work, you know, you have that time to kind of decompress a little bit. And whenever I walk through the door, what you know, and thing thing just feed up for me.
Speaker 1: Daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy, daddy.
Speaker 2: And I mean, for the most part, I mean, I wouldn't trade that for anything. I mean, I love walking through the door and then just hear hearing the daddy and they all come running up to me.
Speaker 3: And stampede of kids. Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 1: There's stampede of adorableness. Oh yeah, Okay, So Danielle, how long is your honeydew list?
Speaker 3: You know? I mean, I know, he worked all day and he comes home, but the hours when he comes home, it's literally the worst hours of the day because it's witching hour we call it. And it's the time where they're at dinner and they're tired from the day and they're getting worn out, and so it's a it's the cranky, fussy time. And you know, as long as you can help them for hours, you can do whatever you want after they.
Speaker 1: Go, after they get out of the tubby and are in their little pj's and now all the pictures I see online, they're always dressed in cute little matching outfits, like adorable matching outfits? Are that?
Speaker 2: Do you?
Speaker 1: I mean, are you really that good at keeping them that clean and that cute? Or is that just for TV and press?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm about to be really humbled if your girls, Blake and the babies always look that stinking adorable.
Speaker 3: I mean, I do dress them alike most days, just because, especially if for going out somewheres, I'm probably gonna make them dressed alike because you know, they're unique and they're Quints, and it's not something you see every day, and.
Speaker 1: They're the only female Quints I understand in America.
Speaker 3: That's right, So as long as I get to pick what they're wearing, I want to make them dress alike. It's hard to always find five of the same outfit, but it's not out due to for their identical twins in the mix and then three for the others. So Blake, around three years old kind of started to get a little bit more independent on what she wanted to wear. And so I know my time's going to be running out short when they're going to start getting picky themselves, and I don't want to wear that. And I don't want to wear that. So right now I still get to, you know, be the decision maker of what they're wearing. So I'm going to dress them alike and dress them chetas for the second.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and another positive of that, you know, because a lot of people like will make comments, well why do you always dress them alike? And you know, don't you want to give them their individuality and stuff like that? But I mean, yes we do, but I mean right now, they're babies and they don't care. It's easy on us if we dress them alike and we're out in public, or if we're out our to part and all the babies are dress like, it's easy to put your eyes on them, you know. If you do a quick scan, they're all wearing the same thing. You know, it's so much easier to find them. Whenever you're looking for five babies.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know a little secret? What's that that applies as they grow? I don't know if you guys know this, but I got you beat in the outdoordared. I just don't. I just don't have them all in the same age you got. I can't imagine what that's like. But I am the mother of thirteen children. And when we go, you know, to the park or to the zoo, or to you know, an outing up until they hit about fifteen sixteen, I make them all wear the same color T shirts. Yeah, for the same reason, because I got to do the quick eye scan.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 3: Once you three for five four five. Now you feel like a lifeguard.
Speaker 2: You're just constantly counting head.
Speaker 1: You are a lifeguard. You are the ultimate lifeguards. The Lord has given you some precious, precious little lives to guard. And yes, you are the lifeguard, the heart guard, the soul guard. You guys are the doorkeepers. And oh I'm looking at pictures of them as I talk to you. Oh my word, I want to squeeze them.
Speaker 2: Maybe they are beauties, for sure, that's the bad thing.
Speaker 3: They are really cute, so when they get in trouble, they love to make these cute little smirks. And you're like, don't do that to me.
Speaker 1: So have they got the daddy eyes down, pat.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it's it's it makes it pretty difficult for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So sure, sure you do, Adam, keep telling yourself that. Okay, So, of the of the five, who is the one whose personality has emerged as the one that is the show has the show off gene like I do. Who's the one that loves to perform for an audience?
Speaker 2: Hmmm, that's it kind of comes down to two. I would say that would be either Riley and she's the one that's just constantly demanding attention.
Speaker 3: Riley is an only child in her eyes, so she always is the first to need and want people to notice her for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, new people walk in the house. I mean, she's she's the greeting committee, Like she's the first baby that's going to go up and approach them. When the other babies are kind of shy and staying back a little bit, Riley will just go right at them and just demand the attention. But then we also have one of the identical twins, Olivia, and.
Speaker 3: She is a little showboat.
Speaker 1: She loves to.
Speaker 2: Just dance and make people laugh, and she just constantly giggling, and she he loves people to laugh at her.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So who which one of I should say the six because you or Blake could be this. Which is the one that is going to be most likely to get the first speeding ticket.
Speaker 3: Blake Louise. We always laugh at her because she has like the little those little four wheeler power reel whatever they are, and she's just always I just imagine her when she's fifteen sixteen driving oh care of the world, just cruising down and waving, and everybody always like her. You gotta wash the road, you gotta look where you going.
Speaker 1: So she's the one that's going to give you a heart attack when you two start giving them driving lessons.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I for sure think that's going to be Blake out of all six of them.
Speaker 1: Because I'm looking at a picture of them right now and they've got little heart shirts on and little polka dots, and Blake's behind them, and oh my gosh, she looks as sweet as honey, like.
Speaker 3: Blake is a very sweet, innocent, little blessed little soul.
Speaker 1: There, Danielle, How is it you look so good after giving birth to that many babies all at once?
Speaker 3: No, I love I love working out, and I love fitness that I find time for it. But most of my days are filled with fitness activities of chasing kids all day, constantly going up and downstairs constantly picking up kids, and I'm just from about seven thirty in the morning to seven pm. It's just a constant go like all day.
Speaker 1: Well, you look beautiful at how many bedrooms do you have now? And how many bedrooms will you have as they become teenagers?
Speaker 3: Do you think, Well, we have our house right now has five bedrooms, and so Blake has a room. We have the identical twins in one room and the other three in another room, and so we do have one spare room currently. I don't ever envisioning wanting to ever move again after we moved into this house, but as they get older, I feel that if this house works for us, will turn one of the playrooms into another bedroom. Somebody will move downstairs in a spare bedroom. But they're they're gonna have to share. I mean I had to share with my sisters and so I moved out of the house, and so I feel like they're just gonna have to love each other to share rooms with them.
Speaker 1: Well, I insist that my kids share. I have the option. I could, I could move, I could build a bigger house, I could add more rooms. I choose not to because I think that the life lessons of sharing and being close and having intimate relationships is far more valuable than the life lesson of being selfish and having a room to yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I grew up with two sisters who are twins, and we always pretty much shared a room. And it is I mean, we're we're all like best friends. We're super close and bonded. And I think it's because though, no matter what, if you were mad at each other, you still had to talk to each other, and you still have to go to a room in bed in the same room, and you were going to say good night and you're gonna say see you in the morning, no matter what. So it does it kind of folds in an extra bond that you'll for sure have. Besides, you know, you had the option for me to have another room and be in the other room because they were twins. But yeah, it just kind of gives an extra little bond.
Speaker 1: And those bonds will will last a lifetime. I mean. Correct, My sister and I shared a room and fought constantly. She's my best, best, best, best best friend in the world.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: So and those memories that we forged in that tiny little bedroom, you know, make us laugh and smile to this day. Yeah, well, I thank you for taking the time to talk to us. I thank you for uh for just sounding like you got great values and a great appreciation for the blessings that the Lord has given you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Season three starts this July, and tell me some of the fun things that folks can look forward to and in your summer, what you're going to be doing with the girls.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's really it's just a bunch of chaoticness because the Quints, you know, Blake start at school, she's you know, just finding her little independent self through that, and the Quints are hitting the terrible twos, and they've hit the terrible twos and they're walking and climbing, and I mean, it's just a madhouse.
Speaker 1: Of They're right on track. They're right on track, They're right where they're supposed to be.
Speaker 2: Definitely keep us on our toes and make we have to make sure we have all the TV's bolted down and the dresser's bolted to the walls and stuff, because if you just step out of the room for any length of time and then come back in, they're pretty much on top of everything. Like little billy goats.
Speaker 1: So who helps do you have like an auntie, a mom, a grandmam, a nanny who's there to into helping hands. So when you do step out of the room and they do become billy goats, Uh, you don't come back to total chaos or is it just just you two?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean my mom. You'll see that. My mom moved out on her own and so now it's just kind of a tectic full time placement with me in there with all the kids. But uh, you know, I do wish Adam could be around more, but got to work. You've got to provide for us. But you know, we do have My sisters are local. They're both in our neighborhood and close closely around and so if we ever need something, they're definitely hands a phone call away and they'll walk down the street. Pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've we've been very fortunate to have, you know, a very close church family and and there's just some ladies that are that are at our church that I mean, they they come over, they have like a set a set few days that they come over during the week and they'll help out for you know, an hour or two. So Danielle can kind of take care of and stuff and run Maren's or you know, just kind of have a little Danielle time. And so we've been very lucky to have, you know, people like that in our lives as well.
Speaker 1: Danielle, do you ever just feel like escaping to the bathroom and locking the door for just two or three minutes?
Speaker 3: Oh? I do it all the time. And then next thing you know, their little toes and fingers are all under the.
Speaker 1: Door, under the door, and you look and you see the little eyes as they lay down on the side of them, like, oh, please just give me five minutes.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. They love the laundry room too, And I'm like sometimes I'll just go in there real quick and close the door just to like get the clothes in the washing machine, because I know they'll just sit here and bring them down the hall and run like they just start grabbing stuff and take off with it. And I'm like, I'll just close the door real quick, throw the stuff and wash her. And then there they are just hands under the toes mom, and Mom like I'm just trying to wash. Well.
Speaker 1: You are blessed, blessed, blessed beyond measure. And I love the fact that you know that.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Delilah, thank
Speaker 1: You, Bye bye, so down and bless on Lord with you, Lineland,