Speaker 1: Good morning, Usa yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo just hilarious.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Charlamagne the Guy, Please do the play this Thursday.
Speaker 2: Good morning, how y'all feel out there?
Speaker 1: I feel blessed, black and holly favorite, happy to be here another day to serve our beautiful listeners.
Speaker 2: What's happening?
Speaker 4: That's right, Jess. How you feeling this morning?
Speaker 2: I'm feeling feeling good. Yo. I didn't expect for it to be like whatever weather that was.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's pretty nasty, rains sny.
Speaker 5: So I thought I was gonna be late because it was people just moving slow than it was accidents coming through, not like right before you get.
Speaker 2: To the tunnel. It was no accidents in the tunnel, but it was like right before you get to it.
Speaker 5: So I thought I was gonna be late, but it was sorry, but I did not expect to wake up and see all of that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now the roads weren't too bad this morning. I thought it was gonna be a lot nasty. I gave myself a lot of extra time this morning, but it wasn't too bad. My pops was up at five am calling me like are you safe for them roads?
Speaker 4: I'm like, yes that I'm good.
Speaker 3: Yo, Like you still like sixteen, I'm still Pops checking on me.
Speaker 4: Bit, Yeah it was it was good. What up, Charlamagne?
Speaker 1: Well, keep in mind where a nationally syndicated morning show that is than one hundred plus markets, So everybody else is experiencing bad weather, so you need to tell what's going on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so there's bad weather in the on the East coast right now, a storm that's at the East coast, which is supposedly it is pretty bad.
Speaker 4: We're supposed to get a several inches of snow.
Speaker 2: Damn for real.
Speaker 3: Yeah, several inches of snow. That's why Charlemagne is home right now. He's ready for the interest.
Speaker 1: So uh right, So don't I don't even think you had to tell the people I was home. I mean, that's the whole point of the theater of radio, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: But you know sorry that we know you home because you can hear in here.
Speaker 1: No, no, they can hear it. They can't forgotten how to do this thing. I'm actually not home. I'm sitting right by Envy just gave Ess a hug. Good morning, Jess. How are you good to see a nice coat? That coat is especially special. I think somebody should steal it.
Speaker 2: Did you wash? There you go?
Speaker 3: But yes, so good morning to you everybody out there. I want to start the show with say a resting peace to Earth Gotti. It was reported yesterday that IRV Gotti has passed away at the age of fifty four.
Speaker 2: Now are you allowed to do that?
Speaker 1: Since tune fifty center, friends, are you allowed to say?
Speaker 2: Recipece? Derv God?
Speaker 4: Is fifty gonna get upset with you for saying that?
Speaker 2: Oh my good well, he ain't not in no TV shows And I'm sleavy all right?
Speaker 4: You stupid? Okay, But on a serious note, rest in peace.
Speaker 2: Resting Native started off as dj V DJ.
Speaker 3: And the Parks out in Queens and then founded an artist named Mike Geronimo. Signed Mike Geronimo to a label called Blunt, then Sound signed Joe Rule to the same label Blunt Records, didn't work, and then brought Joe Rule to Deaf Jam was the architect of founding DMX and brought DMX to death Jam. You know that story when they brought the executives to Mount Vernon and DMX started rapping with his mouth wired and got DMX signed and helped DMX with his projects and joy Rude his projects produced for jay Z like Can I Live?
Speaker 4: Can I Get A?
Speaker 3: Which was jay Z's biggest hit at the time, that crossed them over, helped produce artists like Ashanti J Low, Mary J.
Speaker 4: Blise, and a host of others.
Speaker 3: Lloyd of course, So I just wanted to send that brother arrested, peace and condolences to his family.
Speaker 1: Fifty four years old is very very young man, you know. So the only thing we can always tell you is what we always tell you. Just take care of yourself.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Health is wealth. Okay, you know none of us have tomorrow promise, but man, just do what you can, you know, just to maintain you know, your your health.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 4: I was all I can tell you.
Speaker 3: I was gonna call you last night because I know you have a super duper anxiety about your health. And I kept hearing about this full body scan and I'm like, I'm sure, Charlemagne, did it?
Speaker 4: Have you done the full body skin?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 1: I did that sor in medicals, doctor Puma does that too, or they check everything.
Speaker 3: Yes, I gotta go do that then, because they said they put your body in the thing and they skin for everything. They can see if any part of your body or anything is out of place or there's a problem your full body. Okay, that's what the way you may did. Remember when he did, that's how he found out he had cancer, whatever it was. Yeah, so I'm definitely gonna set appointment for a full body scin.
Speaker 1: I thought you did that because they said that your anal cavity was a little shit shifted to the right and they couldn't figure out.
Speaker 2: Why that's because of you. No, that's not because.
Speaker 1: You see you just don't back at him now what he says, I saw, I saw, you saw what caused it. I saw who called it yesterday.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, I'm.
Speaker 1: Not playing with jokes. This morning, I saw who shout out the don't do that. He played too much. He played too much.
Speaker 3: Let's get the show cracking, man. When we come back, we got front page News. Morgan Water'll be breaking down what's going on in the news, and Bria Baker will be joining us this morning.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 4: Bria Baker is amazing.
Speaker 1: She has a book called Rooted the American Legacy of land theft in the modern movement for black what is it black black land ownership, black land ownership, Yes, exactly.
Speaker 3: We're gonna talk for Bria Baker and author in a little bit. So don't go anywhere. It's the Breakfast Club, Good Morning, rest in peace. IV got in one of the records he produced and his both his artist Vita and Jay Rum.
Speaker 2: He was killing that Vita verse. Envy.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, boy, Henby was killing that Vita verse.
Speaker 4: Okay, right, what you don't know?
Speaker 2: I v the Firs.
Speaker 4: I do.
Speaker 1: I just say, never heard nobody rap it as hard as you was getting in front page.
Speaker 3: Now some quick sports looks like Jimmy Butler is going to be traded to the Warriors. There have changed for Andrew Wiggins, Kyle Anderson and a protected first round pick.
Speaker 1: The Warriors gave up way too much Luther Jimmy Butler. He's a fantastic player, but it's not like he gonna make the Golden State Warriors a contender.
Speaker 4: So that to me, that was they gave up.
Speaker 1: The Warriors gave up way too much, and they gave up Dennis Schroeder, but then he ended up going to Utah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, well, mourning them on again.
Speaker 7: Good morning, m V. Charlemagne and Jesse. Y'all do it all right on this thursdayday, Yes, ma'am. All right, let's get into this front page news. This is like an extension of sports and be like, Okay, So President Trump he's banning transgender athletes from women's sports. He signed the executive order yesterday, and the order directs the Department of Justice and other federal agencies to interrupt Title nine rules as banning transgender women and girls from participating in female sports. Let's hear more from Trump's signing of the executive order keeping men out of women's sports.
Speaker 8: Under the Trump administration, we will defend the proud tradition of female athletes, and we will not allow men to beat up, injure and cheat.
Speaker 4: Our women and our girls.
Speaker 8: From now on, women's sports will be totally for women. With this executive order, the war on women's sports is over, you guys, thoughts.
Speaker 2: Not going to get any complaints on me about that.
Speaker 1: I can't even believe that had to be signed, because this should have never been a thing.
Speaker 4: I totally agree with that one, but I'm not going to let that.
Speaker 1: Distract me from the fact that Elon Musk literally controls how the federal government pays people.
Speaker 4: Let's stay focused. Yeah, I would say that too.
Speaker 3: I just you know, I always go back to that one swimmer that as a man, the swimming was like in a four hundredth place, and then when she trains to a woman was in first place. And you know how sad all those parents were because their daughters were training, felt like they were cheated.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I'm with this one as well.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Leah Thomas, you're referencing. And the order also requires the immediate enforcement of these rules now. White House Press Secretary Caroline Levitt also spoke to the press before the President signed the executive order, and she said it ends the disgusting quote disgusting betrayal of women and girls of women and girls by the previous administration end quote. She added that the Olympics and the nc double A college sports stand to be impacted. Let's hear more from the White House Press Secretary Caroline Lovitt.
Speaker 9: I think kids have already been exposed to discrimination, especially young women and girls who have been forced to shower in locker rooms with biological men, who have been forced to compete on playing fields with biological men, which is incredibly unfair and unsafe, and again an incredibly unpopular policy.
Speaker 10: He does expect the Olympic Committee and the nc double A to no longer allow men to compete in women's sports.
Speaker 1: I also do want to say Logan not this is a real or nothing burgler, because less than old point two percent of I think trans what do you call them, trans men, trans women, trans people participate in sports at an Olympic level. But one is too many. Yeah, there shouldn't been. It's not a nothing burger. But it's not like it's a big It's not like a bunch of men are playing women's sports, is.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying.
Speaker 5: Maybe they're getting out ahead of the issue before it becomes that much of a big That's what I was saying. And then what's that white lady that was like, I don't want your penis in my bathroom?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, yeah, oh yeah, your friend.
Speaker 1: But she's not even talking about women's sports. She just thought, she's not even talking about athletes, she just talk about period.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but you know, yeah, well that's a whole other executives and stuff.
Speaker 7: Absolutely, there's a whole other executive order that the President signed that would also UH block the UH incarcerated transgender women from going to men's prisons, but that's been blocked by a federal judge. We'll get into that later. We'll talk more about that in the next Are you guys, it's a lot. That's your part face news for six am, stick around for seven.
Speaker 4: Thank you Morgan.
Speaker 2: Everybody transitioning into now. Oh, get it off your chest?
Speaker 5: Yes, another gay time. Get it off your chest. First of all, how get on your chest.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, just get vent If you want to vent right now eight hundred five eight five one, get it off your chest. Phone lines are wide open eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 4: If you need to vent, whatever's on your mind, call us up right now.
Speaker 3: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Hello, this is your time to get it off your chest. Whether you're man or blessed.
Speaker 1: I hate the way that you walk, the way that you talk, I hate the way that you dress.
Speaker 3: Everything when me is best, call up next eight hundred five eight five five one.
Speaker 11: Not just me.
Speaker 2: I'm with the Coach of Philly. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 6: Yes, you already know. Big Dog is Djit Bob Polar from BK and PK out in PA representation. You know what I'm saying, You got Polo?
Speaker 2: What's up? By Polo?
Speaker 4: I know the weather's crazy in the Pocono's now, Pa.
Speaker 6: No, no, no, this is stop Central p A big dog, Oh my bad. The hour from Philly. It was the hour from b More.
Speaker 2: What what's up?
Speaker 1: Baby?
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 6: You already know?
Speaker 12: But more, mom, damnit more.
Speaker 6: I'm just fell in love this morning.
Speaker 12: It's all love, okay, brother, Yes, sir A Charlotte, what's up?
Speaker 13: Big dog? A?
Speaker 6: Five four?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 14: Monk's corner?
Speaker 2: You already know?
Speaker 4: Eight four?
Speaker 2: Three?
Speaker 6: Hey man, I love y'all?
Speaker 11: Man?
Speaker 15: Can I get something off my.
Speaker 2: Chest real quickly ahead.
Speaker 6: I've been on here a few times and I never ever shout it out my lady.
Speaker 12: I want to shout out Sarah Louise Ramos, my baby girl.
Speaker 6: I love her to death. We've been through a.
Speaker 12: Lot, you know what I'm saying, like a whole lot, a whole lot, and I just want to let her know that I was thinking about her this morning, and when she hit this later, she might just you know, give me some on the on the on the spontaneous.
Speaker 15: See I'm saying, all right, brother, okay, last thing, one last thing, one last thing on TikTok.
Speaker 12: I need a thousand followers so I could go live and DJ so you can hear what I'm working with.
Speaker 2: Please, what what's tell us?
Speaker 4: Tell them what it is?
Speaker 2: DJ bipolar, Yes, sir, DJ dot b y P O l A. Okay, brother, thank you, thank you, Mom, appreciate you.
Speaker 4: Hello.
Speaker 2: Who's this?
Speaker 13: Brian be from South Carolina?
Speaker 6: All day?
Speaker 2: What's up? You already know what part of sc something? Okay?
Speaker 4: Eight O three? Your chest?
Speaker 2: All day?
Speaker 13: What's going on?
Speaker 1: Everybody?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 6: Man?
Speaker 13: So I'm in a new relationship right this girl find educated all of this stuff everything I wanted a woman. But it clean a little bit too much for me, and I be feeling bad though, Like you'll have somebody sall right behind you all the time, make you feel.
Speaker 7: Like you're dirty?
Speaker 2: Are you?
Speaker 4: What's wrong with cleaning?
Speaker 16: Yo?
Speaker 13: I'm talking about O C D cleaning. Like I put the calendar, I put the cup on the calendar, and see, like I put the coach. I'm like, okay, I'm in the bed. You make it up the bed while I'm in the bed.
Speaker 2: Let me get your ass up. But she don't want to tell you. You know what I'm saying. But maybe now, bro, I'm happy.
Speaker 13: I love that being wrong. But I'm telling you like I be like my dad, damn dirty, like.
Speaker 6: I'm a bath.
Speaker 4: Yes, wrong, probably I ain't.
Speaker 13: No, I ain't no dirty dude.
Speaker 3: But be happy because like my wife, if you have a soda can in the fridge, all the soda cans face the same way. Yeah in the picture, everything faces the same way in the pantry. So when we get in an argument, to just spin the cans and just piss off.
Speaker 4: I used to just mess up the pantro.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 13: She got a blanket on her couch, right, If I move that two inches to the left, he straightened up.
Speaker 2: She knows it's the same thing.
Speaker 4: But how the hell you know I'm over the inch?
Speaker 2: But they be knowing women. Now, I thought you.
Speaker 13: I thought you took me to an Airbnb the first time I met him. Dogs, I'm like this, like tool me like.
Speaker 1: Y'all saying crazy complaining over somebody being too clean.
Speaker 2: Clean is crazy. I never heard that as a complaint. Ever, I be wrong.
Speaker 13: I need to stop messing up my blessing.
Speaker 2: Right, Yes, I need to.
Speaker 4: I've been Thank you, Brian.
Speaker 13: Hey, look y'all, keep you uping.
Speaker 3: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. If you need to vent, hit us up now. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 17: Good morning, the Breakfast Club, Wake up, wake up. If you're time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 2: You mad or blessed?
Speaker 4: You want to hear from you on the breakfast clos Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 18: This is Lamija Fuller from Caddison.
Speaker 4: Hey, la, Maja, get it off your chest.
Speaker 14: I just want to say I appreciate just the stories every time because they keep me laughing.
Speaker 18: Either when I'm feeling.
Speaker 6: Down, upset or mad, they keep me laughing.
Speaker 3: Thank you, no problem, baby, y' allright, go from when I be doing when I'm at them dance tournaments.
Speaker 4: I go to Jessice Page too, and I'll just be.
Speaker 3: Laughing and it'll be all over the place, but it'll be funny as hell, so funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you, Lameja, thank you. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 15: Yes, sir, jeez down here from eight town. What's going on? What's up?
Speaker 2: Brother?
Speaker 4: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 15: It's so I got a couple of things I want to say. Man, all right down forty five going towards downtown. I never hear anybody who calls in. I would love it to be out guys, for people to call in.
Speaker 13: Y'all got to take market.
Speaker 2: You act like we're blocking people from from calling.
Speaker 13: Nobody, get actually make it into the call that I don't know.
Speaker 1: Maybe they don't represent I don't know. Maybe you're the one that's calling representing. We get a lot of love from Houston.
Speaker 13: Right now. Yes, Can I start seeing about the.
Speaker 4: It's a great d yes, sir?
Speaker 13: All right. So my thing was it's all started.
Speaker 15: They've been saying, uh, they're not like a song and performance that he did in California for the culture. When i've seen it personally, all I've seen was the stage for.
Speaker 13: The state target, saying that's for the courture. That's not my coursure.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, but that's Whatst. Coast culture for the state target. Yeah, but that's West Coast culture. That's l a culture like you know, I think.
Speaker 15: That' speak for my coaches. That ain't my coaches. Y'all saying that's for the coaching like he's represent all of them, that's not me.
Speaker 1: I don't have an argument with that, because what I've been having a conversation with about people lately, is that I think Black people as a whole have a shared lived experience. But all of our coaches are different, right like your coaching in Houston is different than you know, what they do in LA.
Speaker 4: So I understand what you're saying.
Speaker 13: And that's respectable.
Speaker 15: I can respect that, and I'll tell you that I suggest I've seen just go from doing her doing her stayed up on stage performances the next special song.
Speaker 2: Thank you. I appreciate you.
Speaker 4: I have a good one.
Speaker 1: Brother, and everybody who listens to us on ninety three seven to beat in Houston, Many to Agetown, Hello, who's this?
Speaker 2: Hey? What's going on? Is Joe Black? New Haven?
Speaker 4: What's up? Brother? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 6: I just had a question for y'all.
Speaker 13: By the way, good morning, long time listening morning. I just had a question. I just want to know, given with all the things that's going on, it's still okay to do the Halem shake?
Speaker 4: How old are you? You want to shake something off?
Speaker 1: You get a little something on you, you gotta shake it off, buddy.
Speaker 2: For.
Speaker 13: I was born in nineteen hundred and eighty five.
Speaker 4: All right, So you are about.
Speaker 2: What thirty five thirty nine? You better do that? Hall im shake boy, that's one of my favorite dances. I just want to.
Speaker 4: Know, don't we shake it like that? What if you find that sho movie like that?
Speaker 1: What if we find out people was shaking because they were trying to shake the gay out of them after leaving a diddy party?
Speaker 4: What if we find out.
Speaker 2: Nope, no, nothing, you don't want.
Speaker 4: Go too far.
Speaker 2: I have gound. Why you always gotta go there away?
Speaker 1: I'm just asking. I can't understand. Is that why you feel that way? That's what you're talking about?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: He hung up? Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: You always hang up on people when it when they start to get good. You want to started to get gay. You need a hall of shake. No, I wasn't about to start the day, but you need the hall of shake. No, take gay off you.
Speaker 3: Shut up, man, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five five one. We got just with the mess coming up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're gonna go a little bit deeper into IRV Gotti and the people who you know was supporting him and.
Speaker 2: Everything like that.
Speaker 4: So all right, we'll get into that next.
Speaker 2: You don't move.
Speaker 4: It's the breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Owning everybody's DJ and me, Jess, Hilarry and Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 4: We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to Jess with the mess.
Speaker 16: News is real, whether it's Hilarius, Jessica, Robert Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do.
Speaker 1: That talky talk them station world Why Jess worldwise mat talk on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: She's the coaching ship.
Speaker 19: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could.
Speaker 2: Get you to see this time to set it off.
Speaker 5: Okay, So I wanted to know how IRV Gotti died, Like what was what happened or what happened?
Speaker 20: Okay, So as of right now, there aren't confirmed reports of what happened. But you know, yesterday when we talked about this in the room, we had said that it was reported that he had suffered a stroke and that he was on life support and kind of just fighting for his life. So I'm assuming, but I have not confirmed that that is what happened. But I do know yesterday he passed away at age fifty four. It you know, something like this, I think a lot of people are right now kind of taking a time to look back on his career and his accomplishments and things of that nature. So there was a lot of outpouring of love online and of course we know IRV Gotti and for those who don't know, he is murdering. He signed DMX to dev Gym. He eped DMX's first is Dark and hell is Hot. Jo rul Ashanti. He's worked with j Lo jay Z. He's done so much. He also he's also across like movies and television. He had to deal with BT at one point where he they did tales, they did the murder Ink story. Just you know, a culture storyteller and a person that has you know, been cemented in hip hop culture for sure. So yesterday you had a ton of pece, like a ton of people posting online. Jamie Fox posted and said, resting power, my brother, your music, your legacy will never be forgotten. You spread a lot of love and a lot of wisdom that everyone to everyone that you met. Russell Simmons posted again and said, you know, don't let his tragedy and his death go in vain.
Speaker 18: He's speaking of.
Speaker 20: Black men and women saying, you know, care about your help, go get checked up. He was talented, he was beautiful, he was curious, enthusiastic. Steve Rifkin also posted talking about when he met her back in nineteen ninety three and you know, just some of the things that they were able to do together. Jo Rowel posted. He didn't say too much, he just posted a broken heart. I think a lot of people were waiting to see, you know how jo row will respond because of their close relationship, Lance Gross, Mark Hell. Just a ton of people online everywhere just showing some love for earth body. So we wanted to take that time this morning to do that. And we do have some of the music. I know y'all got some stories to share it too.
Speaker 2: Oh question, Lauren.
Speaker 1: So that story that they said, you know he had he suffered another stroke and had bleeding of the brain, that wasn't confirm, That.
Speaker 18: Was not confirmed.
Speaker 20: So yesterday the Hollywood reporter is who confirmed the news say it passed away and at the time they said that there is no there was no information about what the cause of death was, but that he passed away in New York on Wednesday. The stroke information all that is still at this point not confirmed, but we do know that he had one previously, like five months ago, he had one and he was walking on the cane and his redpad said then that he really wasn't taking care of himself diabetes wise as well too, and that led into the strokes, but nothing confirmed as of yet.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I loved what Russell Simmons said, man, because I'm not going to read that thing. I'm sure you're not either, lawyer, but I just like what he said because it was an emphasis on, you know, just just taking care of yourself. And that's what I'm just here to say. Take care of yourself. Man, fifty four is way too young to go. Why did you eat? Take your ass to the doctor, take your ass to therapy. And the reason I stressed therapy so much because stress is killing a lot of us too. Yeah, you know, so just take care of yourself, man. Yeah, rest in peace to earth God. I would say this.
Speaker 3: You know, he saved deaf Jam when at one time with deaf Jam was was trending down a little bit.
Speaker 2: When he did the whole Jarrod Dale DMX Dale jay Z and he.
Speaker 3: Brought over Uh, he did Ashantee, he did Lloyd And for most people that know, the first beat I ever sold was purchased by IRV Gotti. Yeah, and he put the whole Murderers on there, which was jar ru Vita and Toime Murder, and that's is actually on funk Master Flex's album Oh wow.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So if you ever read the credits, that was the first beat I ever sold. So rest in peace to IRV.
Speaker 3: Got it and the things that he's done, and you know, behind the scenes for hip hop and the things that he's put out there. I mean, I don't even know if you know that he did the deal with Cardi B.
Speaker 1: And what's the shoe line that you always wear Steve Madden?
Speaker 2: He did that deal. I didn't know that he put that together for Cardi B and Steve Madden. So he was the one that built that brand.
Speaker 4: IRV is legendary.
Speaker 1: You know what you said V by him saving Depth Jam in the late nineties early two thousands is very true. And what I respect about that so much is that he didn't just save death Jam. I'm sure after he did that it was people who were like, Oh, he just got lucky. I bet he couldn't do that again. Then he turns around and launches a whole label, Murder Inc. And has tremendous success with Murder Inc. So yeah, Erv was one of it.
Speaker 2: Once.
Speaker 20: I remember I was watching an interview with him, like some time ago. He was talking about how when he first brought DMX to dev GM, they thought it was a joke, like they didn't understand it, and he had he had to do so much to prove it, and then when it happened, he was like, now I will walk in the room to be like, y'all, don't talk, just get behind me.
Speaker 18: Yeah you know what I mean. So yeah, pretty much.
Speaker 20: So, and I did want to take some time to just play some of his music before we do.
Speaker 3: I just want to say this one thing. He was from the era of A and R, an executive always in the office. So back in the day, IRV used to always play his new music out his office. Used to be there every day every morning, no matter what time he got out the studio, he was in that office every morning at nine a m. And when we'd be blasting the music. And that's how we got, you know, as the DJs. We would steal the music from his office because he would always be playing and.
Speaker 4: We would steal it.
Speaker 3: But he would be there all the time and he would be fiming for new music, new ideas and all that.
Speaker 1: Who you now, I used to steal music days. I wouldn't you just ask him? Why wouldn't you just say, hey, can I can I share that with people?
Speaker 3: Because that was there? Wasn't our mixtapes ran back in the day. But we're not talking about that.
Speaker 1: Young but exactly, that's exactly why, that's why, exactly you're still admitting stealing from people from no damn reason.
Speaker 2: And wonder why people always in your face wanting to fight dah Now, he threatened a couple of times, but me or we made up later.
Speaker 3: But he was just a good person and he produced and did a lot for this industry and a lot for the culture.
Speaker 4: So definitely, rest in peace Earth.
Speaker 2: Got fifty four is while young to go, yo, that's why that's young.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 20: We were talkingbout in one of my group chats and my friend was like, man, we getting old. I said, honestly, he was young. That's not that's not old. Like yeah, like that's very young. I mean we are getting old, but he was really young.
Speaker 2: We're not. We're thirty two.
Speaker 1: I mean, yeah, Lauren and just a thirty two. I don't know why people think just so much older.
Speaker 21: Than Lord, I'm thirty three, actually yeah, but you're thirty lord, older than just yeah, thirty three years young week yeah, three November.
Speaker 18: But I do so wait before we have the music. I do also want to share.
Speaker 20: There was a moment that I saw Shauncey Does posted to Instagram of herb where he talked about like just living. I wanted to share that moment on on here, just his own voice.
Speaker 16: I'm gonna stop by saying something that I tell my kids all the time.
Speaker 2: Everyone is born. We're all born, and we're all gonna die. So in between we live.
Speaker 22: Yeah, so that's what I think.
Speaker 2: So we live.
Speaker 22: I'm gonna expand on the love by saying I love everybody.
Speaker 2: In this summer. You you too, well, man.
Speaker 4: I need that long life.
Speaker 1: I know it's not promised to any of us, but please God let me live a long time. I mean, I'm not old enough yet, Like you know what I'm saying, Like you know they say unk and everything. Now, No, forty six ain't nothing I need to get to. Like that Clarence. They want ninety, That'sily Tyson ninety. Let me touch, let me touch a hundred and one of them things. Man, I was like, as long as.
Speaker 3: I'm able to move around, I'm with you. Yeah, I want, I don't want and the vegetative stay down.
Speaker 2: I want to be out of that.
Speaker 1: But that's the thing though, like everything what happens in your life tomorrow directly is impacted by what you do today. So literally, what you're doing right now is what's going to impact your life in the future. So once again, take care of yourself. Man, Watch what you eat, Take your ass to the gym, take your ass to the doctor, go to therapy, okay, because stress is killing us.
Speaker 2: Like, take care of yourself. Man.
Speaker 3: Let's let's get into a couple of songs. And also there was a video of Earth two three years ago and he signed. He's like, this is the most important day of my life. And he signed over half of his masters and they gave him a three hundred million dollar check and he says, this is for my kids.
Speaker 4: Dan, let's play some.
Speaker 2: Music, everybody.
Speaker 3: It's DJ Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne to God. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get in some front page news now quickly. I just want to talk some quick NBA Jimmy Butler. He was traded to the Warriors for Andrew Wiggins, Kyle Anderson, and a protected first round pick. So gratulations to the Warriors in the Heat. I know he's been trying to give it to Jimmy Butler for the longest.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know if that's congratulations to the Warriors.
Speaker 1: Definitely a congratulation to the Heat because they got a haul, but the Warriors didn't. I think that was a bad train for the Warriors. I think they gave up too much. I love Jimmy Butler. I think he's a dope player. I just don't think he makes the Warriors a contender for all they had to give up.
Speaker 2: Now up, Morgan, Hey, what's up? Is?
Speaker 7: We are talking about Gaza and whether or not the United States will quote unquote own it per what the President says. So the White House says President Trump's Gaza proposal is about.
Speaker 2: Moving forward in the Middle East.
Speaker 7: Press Secretary Caroline Lovitt said the President made the decision about the proposal quote with a humanitarian heart for all people in the region. Let's hear more from White House Press Secretary Caroline Lovitt on the possibility of owning Gaza.
Speaker 10: The President is committed to eliminating Hamas and securing a lasting piece for the entire region. President Trump is an outside of the box thinker and a visionary leader who solves problems that many others, especially in this city, claim are unsolvable. And as the President said, the bonds of friendship and affection between the American and Israeli people have endured for generations and are absolutely unbreakable.
Speaker 7: So this comes as of yesterday, when the President said that the US should take over Gaza and Palestinian should live somewhere else. The White House Press Secretary added that he has not committed to sending troops to Gaza. Trump's suggestion has received backlash from lawmakers on both sides of the Aisle, as well as other world leaders. Now, Defense Secretary Pete Hegseth he is promising continued support for Israel now. During a meeting with the Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin and Yahoo he was at the Pentagon with Headseth, he said that the Defense Department under Trump is laser focused on reviving the warrior ethos of rebuilding America's military. When questioned by reporters, Hegseth was noncommittal. On sending troops to Gaza, as well as the President as previously mentioned, saying all operations are being explored. Let's hear more from Secretary Pete Hesat.
Speaker 10: We've supplied munitions that were previously not supplied.
Speaker 4: They're useful in eradicating radical enemies, and we are committed to continue to do so. The President is involved in very complex and high level negotiations of great consequence to both the United States and the State of Israel, and we look forward to working with.
Speaker 23: Our allies, our counterparts, both diplomatically and militarily to look at all options.
Speaker 1: I don't know, maybe I haven't been tapped in like I should be, because it's a lot going on every day. But I don't see the outrage about this like I thought I would, like Arab Americans, pro Palestinian pro gods of people. They were very loud on the campaign trail. Where are they now? All those folks in Michigan who sat out the primaries and protests and voted uncommitted for Biden. All those folks who would come out and protest Kamala over, you know, the Biden administration's handling them. The isdril and godless situation. Where are they now? Where is Jill Stein and the Green Party? Trump is talking about ethnic cleansing, and it's a little too quiet for me.
Speaker 7: I was gonna say, facts is really Prime Mister Benjamin net Yahoo Now he tells Defense Secretary Hegseth that his nation appreciates the support from Trump's administration. He called Hegseth a great and a stall wark friend of Israel, adding they are a lot stronger than they have ever been due to the support they've gotten from the US. Now, the Prime Minister is also backing Trump's idea of taking over Gaza and turning it into the quote Riviera of the Middle East or what did you call it?
Speaker 2: Yesterday, Mar Gazza Mar Gaza, Mar.
Speaker 7: Speaking to Fox News here with Prime Minister Netanyahoo, had to say about mar Gaza.
Speaker 11: This is the first good idea that I've heard. It's a remarkable idea, and I think it should be really pursued, examined, pursued and done because I think it will create a different future for everyone.
Speaker 7: So this idea was announced by Trump following what's been going on this weekend. Calls for the relocation of some two million Palestinians in the Gaza strip, which has been devastated by the Israel Hamas war. Now, Trump said the US could clear out the destruction and redevelop the region. Yeah, who said, there's nothing wrong with allowing Gazin's who want to leave to leave the area and come back if they choose to the plan of course, has drawn widespread condemnation from nations across the world.
Speaker 1: Though, like we said on that, we said during the campaign, you know, you may not like how to buy an administration is handling Israel Gaza, but you know, at least you can talk to them. You're not even going to be able to talk to Donald Trump. Donald Trump is gonna put it. It's going to be a Trump Towers in Gaza.
Speaker 2: Oh lord, all right? Switching gears guys to the West Coast.
Speaker 7: California Governor Gavin Newsom he met with President Trump yesterday and he's calling it very productive.
Speaker 2: The meeting with President.
Speaker 7: Trump in the Oval Office was scheduled to last at least for an hour, or excuse me, last for and half an hour, but it lasted more than an hour and a half.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 7: Newsom met with Trump as part of his push to secure federal disaster aid for southern California and those who were impacted by the wildfires. Now, let's hear more from California. Gavin Newsom on that meeting just finished.
Speaker 24: The meeting with President Trump had a very successful day Capital Hill as well. Meeting and a bipartisan man are with Republican Democratic leaders about disaster and disaster recovery for people impacted by the fires in southern California. I look forward to more productive meetings and I look forward to the spirit that defined the meetings of this day, that the spirit of collaboration, cooperation, the spirit defines.
Speaker 4: The best American people.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so we have had word that the La fires have officially been one hundred percent contained, although they are dealing with rain and mud sides of that nature right now. The White House has not yet announced the meeting from the President's perspective with Gavin Newsom, but Newsom says he appreciates getting to speak with other lawmakers, regardless of their party affiliation.
Speaker 1: So we thought that long recovery is going to take people to get their houses rebuilt and stuff like that, or if a lot of people are even going to rebuild.
Speaker 7: I wonder well, interesting segue. I will be out tomorrow and Mimi will be joining you guys.
Speaker 2: She's more than capable.
Speaker 23: You know.
Speaker 7: She's actually based in LA and she's been doing amazing work for the Black Information Network covering the LA fires. She's been speaking to those who have been impacted in Altadena and the Palisades area. Sure you guys are check in with her and get her perspective on what's happening in LA in regards to the recovery aspect of the wildfires.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So, if that's it, do we got to off for one more? Maybe?
Speaker 7: Maybe not? No, no, all right, I'm gonna just tell those federal workers that buy out deadline is today.
Speaker 2: It's highly advised against wink wink. All right, that's your front page news.
Speaker 7: Morgan would follow me at on social at morgand Media, and for more news coverage, follow app Black Information Network down the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi in news dot com.
Speaker 2: See y'all later, see y'all next week. Happy for both Sunday A good jazz gos.
Speaker 3: Right, all right, thank you, Morgan. Now when we come back, author Bria Baker will be joining us. He has a new book, Rooted the American legacy of land theft and the modern movement for black land ownership.
Speaker 2: All right, fantastic book.
Speaker 1: If you remember, her mom called up the Breakfast Club about a week or so ago, and you know, god on our ass because we hadn't had Bria Baker up here.
Speaker 4: But I don't remember bay question to be up here.
Speaker 1: But her mama requested during that get it off your chest phone call, so Bria will be joining us shortly.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to it next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club, everybody. It's j Envy, just hilarious, Charlamagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Laura ros is hanging with us as well. We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: As promised. Her mama called up here and said, you better have my baby. I'm there to talk about that book. Okay, Bria Bank is here.
Speaker 19: Thank you so much for having me, and thank you Mommy for making sure.
Speaker 2: That's why I said, it's mommy the manager. Mommy needs to be the manager now. Rooted.
Speaker 1: Sim is your best friend. Sim works here at the Breakfast Club. It was two books she gave me, and she kept asking me did I read them?
Speaker 4: Did I read them.
Speaker 1: I read this one, yeah, because it was interested in me because I'm from South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Where this happened a little watch yeah, in the Low Country, and.
Speaker 19: Our family's land is in North Carolina. So I was peeping that.
Speaker 5: That's amazing. I didn't read it, but I'm just captivated by the title.
Speaker 2: What is it about? Thank you? Okay?
Speaker 19: So, in general, the book is about black land ownership, the fact that we owned more land one hundred years ago than we do now. And I'm sure the people in this room and the people listening to no land is where you really build.
Speaker 2: Wealth, like property, real estate, that's where it goes.
Speaker 19: So the fact that we've been losing land while White America has been continuing to get these gains means that this racial wealth gap we keep talking about is because of this land laws. So I started writing this book because my family has land in North Carolina. My grandfather passed away in twenty nineteen, and on his deathbed, he was like, don't sell the land, because that happens a lot of times. An older black person passes on and they are sure if someone in the next generation values it enough to keep it in the family. And so it's just really important to us, Like, no, we're not letting this go anywhere. That land means everything to us. There's no price that we will accept for it. But what we have now is still a fraction of what we used to have, even like my great grandfather owned and like I'm a sixth generation Black landowner. So the first person in my family to own land was my great great great grandfather Louis Baker. He bought land like ten years the Emancipation Proclamation was signed, and so to go from that legacy to now, it's like, how could I not value this? And unfortunately in this country, black is kind of like they equate it with urban so they think we only live in cities, right, but most Black people live in the South, and most Black people come from grandparents who lived in these rural areas. But we're disconnected just around the time when we could have made some money from it. So that's really what I wanted the book to be. It's like, we need to be champion in black landownership, whether you getting it on your own, whether we fighting for reparations, but that needs to be a conversation in our community because that's where real equity comes from.
Speaker 20: I was gonna ask you, with all that history, how do you feel about like landbanks and what they do today?
Speaker 18: Because there's like the pros of it.
Speaker 20: I think people are inclusion and people and get the land easier, but then there's kinds of people feeling like the landbanks only sell and like work with different people. Certain people, certain developers like you kind of get closed out if don't have a certain amount of money.
Speaker 19: So how do you feel about Lamb Bank? Yeah, I think some of I love that you brought that up. I feel like some of the landbanks are really good and they're trying to get land in the hand of black and indigenous and like people who don't history get a chance. But in anything in this country, there's always gonna be people who are doing it and it's like their way to get cheaper stuff to people who really don't need the cheapest stuff, like they're already good. But I do think that some people are doing it in a really good way, where like climate justice conservation groups will give land to black and Indigenous people because like, you'll treat the lamb better than this company will, Right, You'll treat this land better than this private developer will. But it's kind of rare to find these land banks that will do it in that way. But again, that's why I'm a big champion of reparations, because landbanks could be a form of reparations if you dictate that it has to be going to black people and black families who come from this history. But if we all gotta save up the money, scrounge up the money to buyol it, I mean it'll take forever for us to all become landowners in that way because not everybody has the down payment money, especially when you're talking acres that's not just a house, right, Like, that's not just a condo. That's really gonna cost like ten k plus per acre that you want. So if you want a lot and to have buildings on it, it is expensive. So I think the landbanks are just a good way of making it more accessible to people. They just got to make sure it's accessible to the right people.
Speaker 1: You know, in the book, you talk about how reparations is a racial and economic justice policy as well as a climate imperative. So how do you outline the bunk common myths about the difficulty of enacting reparations? But also too, I wonder why we got away from wanting the forty.
Speaker 19: Acres right exactly, because that's where reparations came from, was right after the Civil Wars, Like we want our forty acres and a mule, and we still talk about that. You know, Spike Lee has the production company. But it's almost like we talk about forty acres and a mule or reparations as pigs flying, like, oh, that's never going to happen. They never going to do that for us. It's like, why are we defeating ourselves? We have to demand it. To me, anyone in this country who believes that slavery should not have happened should support reparations. It should be that simple, because how you don't believe in slavery, but you won't actually do anything to change it for the people who are are the descendants of not having benefited from it. So to me, it's just that's one of the biggest myths is it's just like, oh, it'll just never happen, and it's like they give out money like it's nothing all the time. Ukraine got the money that should have been our reparations. Israel got the money that should have been our reparations, like the Pentagon, So the money is out there, they're just not given it to us, and we have to start demanding our fair share of it, especially because every election cycle they're coming around begging for our votes. What are you offering in exchange? And why is reparation such a bad word? And then the other thing that gets used is black celebrities actually are used as an excuse, Oh, you don't need reparations. You got to Oprah, you got a Michael Jordan. Black people are already making money. The fact that you can name them means it's.
Speaker 2: Not widespread enough.
Speaker 19: Right, Like if I was saying, oh, white America has money, I think Chris Tucker or Chris Rock, one of them has this like stand up where he's like, yeah, in my neighborhood, it's like me and a bunch of black comedians and then like ten.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 19: So how come we have to be superstars to live next door to a dentist, an accountant or whatever. Like, any black person should be able to access it the same way that white people can. And the fact that you have to be exceptional to get your fair share in this country is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: I read, I read, I read your book, and I hear you talking you're so passionate about this, Like where did that passion come from? Like it's one thing to know about something, but to be passionate about it and wanted to be your life's work in a way.
Speaker 20: And you're like a historian too. I appreciates and everything.
Speaker 2: I want to hear.
Speaker 19: How She like, yeah, so well, I will say, like I've always been very studious, So I think I do have that memory for stuff like that. But my mom used to joke like, oh, we sent you to Yale to be a doctor, you came back a black panther.
Speaker 2: It was. It was horrible. I did not like it.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I mean, I think so growing up where Samantha and I grew up in Long Island, but we're in this like black and brown bubble. Everybody's kind of on the same footing, Like I'm the lightest person in the room in Long in that part of Long Island that I'm in.
Speaker 2: Going from that.
Speaker 19: To Yale where I was, Like, I remember growing up and thinking because by the time I was conscious of it, I got a black president. Obama became president when I was in middle school, and so I'm thinking, like minority, that's an out dirty term. I'm not a minority, Like all I see when I look around is black people.
Speaker 2: And then I got to yell and I said, oh, this.
Speaker 19: Is where y'all were, like, there is this white majority. It was a very radicalizing the experience for me. And also I'm going to college at Yale when the Black Lives Matter movement is popping off. So yeah, I just remember thinking I cannot sit in nobody's lab for the next ten years while we're getting being killed in the streets. And then as I got older, because my grandparents are from North Carolina, I felt like, to me, activism was the Black Panthers, was Angela Davis, was being in a city with the bullhorn. But I had to realize growing up that I had been kind of like downplaying the activism of the South, that there are people who their activism was buying land, holding onto it, employing people, giving people a job, feeding themselves.
Speaker 2: Even now.
Speaker 19: During the pandemic was the first time a lot of people realized how dependent they are on somebody else to eat. If the grocery store shelves are empty, what are you going to do for your family? You don't know how to grow nothing. And with this reparations, women going. There are Black families getting their land back, and like it's happening in little pieces here and there, but we can be that movement that brands it together.
Speaker 3: We have more with author Bria Baker when we come back, don't move. It's to breakfast Club, Good morning owning. Everybody is aj NV, Jess Hilaris, Charlamage, the god we are the breakfast club. Law on the roast is hanging with us as well. We're still kicking it with bat Baker.
Speaker 2: Author.
Speaker 3: She has a new book Rooted, the American Legacy of Land Theft and the Modern Movement for Black land Ownership Charlamagne.
Speaker 1: In the book, you talk about returning equity to dispossess people can heal both the land and our nation soul. What is some thing we can do to make that happen? And why do you feel that way?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 19: So I feel that way because America is obsessed with getting We want to be post racial. We want to be post racial. You cannot do that without addressing the problem. And one thing that I've noticed is like, I think there's a lot of people in America who don't understand black anger. And to me, it's like, but if you address the issue. I might have nothing to be angry about, But when I was in Detroit for the book tour, I was talking about this and eminent domain especially, and there was an older black woman in the audience who was like, Yeah, when I was a kid in the sixties, they came through our middle class community and took the whole community. It was like one hundred families there, so many black owned businesses, took the whole community through eminine domain, didn't build anything in.
Speaker 2: Its place for fifty years. It was just vacant. And what that does to a person.
Speaker 19: She said her uncle owned three properties in that neighborhood, and she was like, what it did to my uncle. When you spend your whole life savings building this out and watch the government take it. Why would that make me want to be an upstanding citizen? How can I go from that and want to be like I can't even be around it, Like it would make my skin crawl to be around people thinking like you did this to me and like it, you know, and as a man as a provider, thinking like wow, like I did everything the way they told me I'm supposed to do, and they still took it. And they said it's one hundred percent legal, and there's nothing I can do about it that will make you angry for a lifetime. So if y'all tired of black people being angry, do the thing to make it not angry. I promise you if they started giving our reparations, legalize it like there's I ain't got nothing. I'm gonna be on my land doing my own thing. I don't got no beef, go do what you gotta do and like, but if you don't address the problem, it's always going to be there. So how we get there? There are only I believe New York State is the third state to have established a commission and a task force for actually exploring what reparations will look like. California alreadys already has one, Illinois has one. There's some cities, like there's a city in North Carolina that is also building it out. But it's very locally happening right now, and we have to support those things. So for those who are in New York, you can support that and why the number four reparations dot org New York for Reparations dot org, and you can learn more about how to support that movement because I think we have to. We have to stop acting as if it's never going to happen, and we have to make it happen. There's a global movement right now for reparations. It's not just us in America. You got African nations saying I want my stuff back and I don't want to be a part of the Commonwealth no more. You got places in the Caribbean saying, yeah, actually I don't acknowledge the British crown no more, and we want to be There's this movement happening. Give us our stuff back from the museums, give us our art back, give us our rules back. We got to get our wealth back too. And we can't wait for I hope it happens. No, we got to work for it to happen. And in the meantime, you're doing everything you can to get you a little piece of land.
Speaker 2: So that's really where I'm at.
Speaker 19: I think there's also another organization, where is my land dot org. They had a successful campaign. If people are familiar with the Bruce's Beach in California, oh yeah, so there was like the Bruce family had built a hotel and a resort on the beachfront in La in like the thirties, and their land was taken through eminent domain. The city did absolutely nothing with it. And in twenty twenty, a brilliant organizer named kavan Ward was like, I'm tired of Californians acting like they're better than the rest of the country.
Speaker 2: And y'all have racism right in your backyard.
Speaker 19: And until y'all give this black family their land back, like you have no moral authority to be telling nobody else from anywhere else anything. And that family got their land back, twenty million dollars worth of land back, so like it is possible, but we have to support it. So I would say some of the easiest ways are eminent domain reversals because you don't need a President Trump to sign off on nothing. All she had to do was go to Los Angeles County and say, hey, this happens in this county. Y'all signed off on that. Now y'all can sign off to give it back. They have dozens of campaigns going around, so you can sign their petitions, you can donate to support them. There's a lot of people trying to do this work, and they're kind of doing it by themselves or they're building these coalitions, and they don't have a lot of visibility. So for people who are saying, wow, I've never even heard of this stuff, like yeah, just look it up New York for reparations. See what the California Task Force is doing. And if you're listening from another state and they don't have that, y'all should. It's not like you're starting it from scratch. The blueprint is already elsewhere. Say, how did New York do it? Can we learn from them? How did California do it? Can we learn from them? And how can we start getting.
Speaker 1: Lad back for you? Have you been paying attention to what's going on in places like Chicago, Like you know, we had a Ma Hong Girls thou up here and she's been talking about how the Chicago Housing Authority has stolen so much land, including her mother's property.
Speaker 2: Have you paid attention to that.
Speaker 19: I didn't specifically hear about her campaign, but I have heard about this happening in Chicago, because yeah, in urban community just happens too, whether it's through eminent domain or they'll take a blighted property.
Speaker 2: But it's a difference.
Speaker 19: If a home own it is abandoned, the land under it should still belong to whoever owned that. They should never be the land from someone even if they say, hey, we got to tear down this house and build something up. Better cool, do that on my land for me, right, like if you shouldn't be taking my land. And also in Chicago, I think they were doing pretty good work about the fact that homeowners, Like if a black homeowner is saying, oh, I'm trying to sell my house, how.
Speaker 2: Much is it worth?
Speaker 19: Their houses are being appraised for like six figures less than what a white family is. Like if you took down all the pictures of your black family in your house and then tried to sell it, they would value it more. So there are people trying to shift that policy, shift tax codes. Why are we paying more taxes in communities that have worse schools, worse roads, no infrastructure. So there's a lot of people trying to attack this from different areas. And I think it's all important, Like not everybody needs to move to a farm and grow something, but everybody deserves a piece of land with at least the backyard. In the back there's enough to go around. If Bill Gates didn't have all of it, like we could, we could all afford to have a nice piece of something. And this scarcity mindset they try to teach us is we have to push back against like this idea that even sometimes what I see is they try to put our groups together against one another, where when I start talking about reparations, someone's like, well, actually it's all indigenous land. Well, there's enough for us all to have something. Indigenous folks should have their land back too, Black people should have some land, Latinos whether they are coming as workers on, Like, there's enough for all of us to have something. And in this richest country in the world, why are we accepting, Oh, this is not enough to go around. I just don't believe that. I don't believe that, and I'm not gonna ever believe that. And so actually, to the point of New york ER's for reparation, there's a collective. I'm a part of Bliss Black liberation, Indigenous sovereignty, and we're trying to be in solidarity with one or another and say, hey, they can never pit me against you. I want you to have land too, and I want me to have land too, And both of our answers acknowledge like there's enough for us to get this, get to it together. We don't got to fight over it. Because while we're fighting over it, they vacationing on their Wyoming ranch. They in Hawaii with it. They everywhere own the land, and we're fighting for two acres over here. I'm not here for that. There's enough for all of us to go around.
Speaker 1: Bria Baker rooted the American legacy of land theft and the modern movement for black land ownership is out right now.
Speaker 4: And to get at you, Bri, listen.
Speaker 19: You can follow me at Freckled Wild Black on social media. I also have a website, Bria Baker dot com and the book is in stores everywhere. Don't buy it from Amazon though we boycotting them too. Just about to ask you, what's your book on Amazon? Is on Amazon, it is on Target, but we boycotting both of those places right now.
Speaker 3: Your Instagram name right so you can find it there.
Speaker 19: I might be off of them too, so that's why I said the website Brebaker.
Speaker 2: Dot com to use it.
Speaker 19: You know, just there's black bookstores everywhere. Get it from a black bookstore. If you're like I don't want to go in person, bookshop dot org will let you buy it from a local bookstore and make sure that your money is going to someone who also wants to see us win, because buying a book about black land from a company that don't want to.
Speaker 2: See you own no land is a little crazy. But listen, you gotta get it where you gotta get it. You gotta get it.
Speaker 4: It's in Target too and Walmart.
Speaker 3: Right the Breakfast club Sparning, Everybody's dj NV, Jess Hilaris Chelamaine the God we are the Breakfast Club. Good morning, and again Brian Baker for joining us. Her new book rooted the American legacy of land theft in the modern movement for black land ownership is out right now.
Speaker 4: That is a great read.
Speaker 2: I read it.
Speaker 1: I read it right over the holidays, like right, yeah, during the holidays.
Speaker 2: Man, It's it's a fantastic read.
Speaker 1: And you know, cause I'm from South Carolina and that happens a lot in South Carolina, so that that title piqued my interest when sim gave it to me. So if you want to learn more about that, about the land theft that's happening all throughout our country and has been happening throughout the time, throughout.
Speaker 4: Time, go get up, Go get Bria Baker's book rooted.
Speaker 2: She is smart, y'all.
Speaker 5: She is so smart, Like I'm sitting here learning from her like an anister.
Speaker 2: She was.
Speaker 5: I was just like, damn, and she's and you know how somebody like they take their time. And he talked like she knew exactly what she was going to say, what she wanted to say, Like that's not a person that's passionate about the things that they talk about.
Speaker 2: Yo, that's dope.
Speaker 3: Definitely God and get her book, and also sued everybody heading out to New Orleans for the super Bowl, you.
Speaker 5: Had not I head out tonight. I'll be there tomorrow, so I'll be broadcasting from no life.
Speaker 2: That's right, be saying you going to the actual game. I'm not sure about that yet.
Speaker 5: I'm not really you know, I ain't really trying to the Ravens ain't dead and everything.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I knew you was if I knew you wasn't gonna be here tomorrow.
Speaker 2: That came in this morning, shut up blind, like what are you talking about? I know you were gonna be here tomorrow. No, but yeah, I'm not off the I'll be here. I'll just be versal. I just miss seeing you.
Speaker 5: Come on there and line, come on, big ass mush and all that, like, come on line.
Speaker 1: All right, we'll fine, I won't be mushy on it, and okay, I'll be mushy off here.
Speaker 4: She's like, whatever, all right, well we got just with the man's coming up.
Speaker 2: But we're talking.
Speaker 5: About, yes, yes, yeah, what were we talking about? You're talking about Kendrick in super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Exactly? What would just talk exactly?
Speaker 24: Know?
Speaker 5: But it's a couple of things you talking about. I know started with That's what I'm like, we're talking about We're gonna.
Speaker 18: Kick it off with the Ken drink in the super Bowl, but then we want we got to get to the drink too.
Speaker 2: I wonder what kendrick grandmother did to him?
Speaker 5: What you mean, because remember he was like, he said, I cut my granny off and she don't see how I said.
Speaker 2: But it's like, why would she do?
Speaker 18: I always be.
Speaker 2: Wondering if I said I would, I would know. But even if why did you? He's just letting you know that.
Speaker 1: You know, he don't play about nobody when they try to play with him and cut his brandy off if he got to So if I cut my if I cut my granny off.
Speaker 4: What would you think I'll do to you?
Speaker 5: Jesus, I know his grandmother was like, boy, I'm not cutting my grandmama.
Speaker 18: Now I need my mother.
Speaker 3: All right, We'll get to justice the mess when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club the.
Speaker 4: Morning Morning Everybody. It's d J n V.
Speaker 3: Just hilarious, Charlamagne the gud We are the Breakfast Club. Everybody actually produced that record too. The recipe Earth got it. Let's get to just the mess you.
Speaker 16: Is real, whether it's just lies, just ca Robin Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do that talk.
Speaker 2: Talk those space world why jests, worldwide mass on the breakfast Clubs. She's the coaches ship. She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see. Just time to set it off. So I know I want to hear that. Like I said, the Super Bowl, is he going to be able to perform it though?
Speaker 20: So that is the conversation that was started yesterday in New Orleans. According to TMZ, they say that they spoke to Network so Fox and NFL sources who told them that yesterday per standard Wednesday. Uh Kendrick Lamar's set list was handed over to NFL and Fox executives and attorneys, and that is when, like you know, they just pulled back the curtain. They look at the set list, they look at the you know, everything that's going to happen, to make sure that you know, yeah, everything is approved legally, everything is good, but you know, there's more attention on this year's performance because of not like us in the word pedophile being used, uh and the with the A minor and stuff like that. So what TMZ is told will happen is he will for sure perform the song, but they're trying to figure out I guess they give him stipulations on how he does it, because they say, once the execs get the list, they call in the lawyers who pour over the lyrics and make sure that there's nothing that will get the league in a network in trouble with the FCC, who's you know they govern those shows.
Speaker 1: And just a fun fact, standard practice by the way, I mean everybody, everybody trying to make this an issue because it's the Kendrick Drake thing, but they do that every year with any artist.
Speaker 18: It is standard practice.
Speaker 20: But according to their sources, it's extra this year because of the lawsuits, specifically because of the defamation lawsuit that Drake.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that.
Speaker 18: This is according to TMZ and their sources are not my sources.
Speaker 2: But they got that should though when he do this the real Nigga challenge, he should do that.
Speaker 18: Well, we'll see what he's able to do.
Speaker 20: And and and just you know, to your point Charlotte on standard practice, there are not one but two centsors on game. They normally the NFL has an official who can bleep out content, and then Fox has a backup just in case because there's also a five second delay, and they do that just in case as well too, so they can come in and swipe out anything that they need to.
Speaker 1: But go ahead, this is all Justin Timberlake fault when Justin Timberlake exposed Janna Jackson's tap top for the world to see.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I think they'll be extra careful now, especially with Drake suing u MG and and and then.
Speaker 1: The NFL scanning no damn Drake lawsuit. No, they ain't got nothing to do with nothing.
Speaker 18: I think their.
Speaker 2: Business business a minor And yeah, I mean, but I'm just saying, like, come on, it's the NFL. This is like a katy right here.
Speaker 20: We can't well whatever they decided on Yesterday, Wednesday, Today, Thursday the sixth, there is a run through tech thive run through which is also standard protocol, so it'll be practice today, so we'll find out Sunday.
Speaker 2: Quote yep.
Speaker 20: But speaking of music though, and Drake Kendrick, Uh, you know, Drake is on his tour. We talked about the first opening night in Australia, so then second night went down and on stage Drake actually gave his fans a little surprise talking about some new music. Let's to listen when you all was coming.
Speaker 2: Out on Valentine's Day, were parting next door.
Speaker 13: You know.
Speaker 2: Eventually, when the time is right, Jessey.
Speaker 4: Drink alone by himself.
Speaker 2: It's gonna have to have a one on one talk to y'all.
Speaker 16: I'll be back with another album with one on one conversation with y'all.
Speaker 5: That you need to get here.
Speaker 2: Eli is going crazy right now, jumping up and down, and I think you don't mean it.
Speaker 18: He don't mean you want drink.
Speaker 1: No, he wants to get obio Eli and all Drake fans know, y'all really want Drake to go get some rest. Y'all know, y'all want Drake to go take a nap for a little bit, You know that.
Speaker 10: Nah.
Speaker 3: I think if he does a one on one, I think gotta be dope. Him talking to himself about everything that happened, how he looks, how he felt on the inside, how it looks on the outside, I gotta be dope.
Speaker 1: If he's able to lyrically do it the right way, I think that'll be dope. He's not gonna tell us how heard he is, and can he even put out music? But can he even put out music while is lost in going on?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: With the screaming services put his music on playlists, Well he will radio play him? Will u MG push it like I'm avking?
Speaker 3: I don't know, but they did say, I don't know how true this is. They said the Party album is gonna be Party featuring Drake. It's not gonna be both for the album. It's gonna be every song to be featuring Drake. I guess so they can get it through the system.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that's a report. And to your point, Charlotte and mentioning that envy.
Speaker 20: When I saw that, I was like, oh, maybe he can't release music right now, and that's his way of getting some songs off because, like you know, it's a separate entity, separate situation.
Speaker 4: But yo, what did he do?
Speaker 5: I mean, I don't want to cut you off, but what did he say about the Lebron thing? I seen something online? So he changed the lyrics to the six.
Speaker 20: Yeah, so the first night and we didn't get through this yesterday, but I mentioned it. Now, the first night you talking about will he really tell us how he feels, how he feels. He's been doing it on stage, So he changed the song. He changed one of his songs to throw some shots at Lebron to take a listen. Since so he talked about Ron. But then yesterday at his tour stop yesterday, I mean, I'm sorry not to stop. But yesterday online DJ khal It posted super excited for his new album coming out and he says, this is the album where I'll have those two drake, those two drakes. Remember he went to the the concerts, Yeah, and he had the signs like I got the two drakes. He said, well, I'm finally this is gonna be the one with the two drakes. Drakes came, Drake came in the comments and said must meet Drake jail basically.
Speaker 13: Get it.
Speaker 18: And the post is not there. It's going now.
Speaker 2: It was sassy, though it was it was very very very much, very much alive and it's very much not me on an album, A little sassy savage.
Speaker 4: You got that smoke coming out of your back.
Speaker 18: It's giving wrong girl, that's right? Maybe you right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm enjoying this. This is hilarious to me.
Speaker 1: This is hilarious Drake getting his fifty on Drake, Like, nah, Calus, you staying next to a lot of my ops, so you know I'm not clearing no records for you.
Speaker 20: Don't speak about nothing though, Like he's so unproblematic at the end of the day.
Speaker 2: So it's like, yeah, I get it.
Speaker 20: But it's like Lebron different. He posted he can't wait to see Kendrick at the super Bowl. He had to pop out.
Speaker 2: But it's like, yo, all right, so what like I can't like both. It's like, no, you gotta pick aside.
Speaker 4: I ain't go front.
Speaker 1: I feel bad for caled on this one because Calor love everybody I know. Cali don't get into no. You don't want no problem.
Speaker 2: So this has nothing to do with Kendrick hun because nothing like that. This is probably Ross and relationship. I'm sure that's probably super with Ross too.
Speaker 20: He's close with everybody major Key's like, nope, cal.
Speaker 4: It never picks I publically that I can remember.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, people always, people even get on Cali for you know, not speaking out for Palestine, and he's Palestinian, so why would you expect for him to speak up for you and a rat beef?
Speaker 3: The only person he ever stood up for, whatever spoke out for, is Fat Joe, which is his brothers is fat.
Speaker 4: Like he's always wrote for Fat Joe.
Speaker 1: When Fat Joe had to be for fifty he wouldn't he wouldn't shake their hands, he wouldn't take care.
Speaker 4: But that wasn't public though. That wasn't public.
Speaker 2: That wasn't that.
Speaker 13: We know that.
Speaker 4: We know that because they've told us still stories, but that wasn't a public thing.
Speaker 2: Has been very public about with fifty G unit before.
Speaker 4: I never heard him say personally, I haven't, but.
Speaker 3: We understand that that's brother. Yeah, thank you, all right, all right now coming so to uh no, never mind because you already when people do that.
Speaker 2: People got nothing to.
Speaker 4: Do with Drake or anybody just got to do with us. But I'm never mind.
Speaker 2: He is such a clown.
Speaker 5: He's been doing ready for you already know what's going on. When you bring that up, you already know what be like what what?
Speaker 2: Girl? What you just say saying? Yo, that's like you know what.
Speaker 1: You're in a relationship with somebody about to argue like never mind, no, say no, I'm gonna say not forget it.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna say no, no, forget I'm.
Speaker 2: Gonna say no, no, no. The moment is passed. The moment is passed.
Speaker 4: The moment passed. I talked about it later.
Speaker 3: Now now now all right, Well, just fix my messes coming up if you haven't what's coming up?
Speaker 4: And can I finish what I'm doing? Please just fix my messages coming up in a second.
Speaker 3: If you have relationship problems or relationships issues, you can get on the phone lines right now. We'll start taking your calls. Eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. But Charlamane, you got donkey to Day coming up? Yes, I do have Donkey to Day coming up right now. Actually, and uh, this is a bridezilla we shall discuss for after the hour.
Speaker 1: Her name is Kelly branch her. She needs to come in front of the congregation. We'd like to have a word with her. All right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Come morning, you're checking out.
Speaker 2: The Breakfast Club. Peace to the planet, Charlamagne to God.
Speaker 1: Here and I want you to know that our Audible pic Gore today is Atlas of the Heart, tappingto Brene Brown's incredible insight on understanding emotions and making meaningful connections. Listen when you sign them for a free trial at audible dot com. Slash Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: Donkey up to day made Damn he hogged. It's time for Donkey Day. I me ain't trying to be donkey today no more. They should be embarrassed by what they already did. I'm not making these people do these days called Donkey of the Day and it really caught me off guard.
Speaker 5: Damn, so man who got the donkey out to day today?
Speaker 2: Well, just hilarious.
Speaker 1: Donkey of to Day for Thursday, February six goes to a Wisconsin woman named Kelly Branter. Kelly is twenty two years old, which means our prefrontal core text is not fully developed. Okay, your prefrontal cor text is the reasoning center of your brain, and hers is still cooking, okay, not scheduled to be done until at least the age of twenty five. All right, this isn't my feelings, This isn't an opinion, This is scientific facts.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The prefrontal cor text is responsible for executive functions like decision making and planning and prioritizing and controlling imposes.
Speaker 4: I want you to remember the controlling impost this part, okay.
Speaker 1: I want you to remember this when you hear Caylee's story because the prefrontal cortex helps process emotions like anger, fear, and aggression. All of that matters in this situation because Kelly is facing a charge of first degree reckless injury because she decided that she needed to stab her fiance.
Speaker 2: What are you talking about, uncle Charlotte. Well, let's go to Fox six News.
Speaker 4: For the report.
Speaker 23: Police, a Brookfield woman is charged for stabbing her boyfriend over a wedding venue. Twenty two year old Kaylee Branter is charged with first degree reckless injury.
Speaker 2: The incident happened last Wednesday.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 23: According to the criminal complaint, officers went to a home in Brookfield for a domestic incident.
Speaker 2: A victim says he was stabbed in the neck by his girlfriend.
Speaker 23: He says they had a disagreement about possibly using their house as a wedding venue and she attacked him without warning.
Speaker 4: Here's the knife.
Speaker 2: Detective say he had four injuries. The victim admitted to hitting.
Speaker 1: Branter, Bridezilla, Groomzilla, this chicken know whether she wants to be Beyonce or to bride of Chucky. Now, the victim did admit to hitting Caley, so she probably was justified to identify as a Puerto Rican and stab him. But it's about how this escalated that has caused me to give this young lady donkey of the day now. Throughout my life, I've seen struggles with in laws depicted on TV and in films.
Speaker 2: I've never had those problems in real life. Envy have you, no, Jess have you?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I don't know what it feels like to not like my in laws, but I would think that a dispute over a wedding venue wouldn't result in violence. And what happened in this situation, the young lady Calle and the fiance's mother were texting, and I guess the mother didn't like.
Speaker 4: The wedding venue.
Speaker 1: But the mother in law really has no say over where you choose to have your wedding if she not paying for it, are contributing financially in any way to our wedding.
Speaker 2: The only thing she needs to know is where to be.
Speaker 1: And I'm going to show you these screenshots in text message is from your mom, so you can call your mother and get her in check, because I don't want to hear anything from her in regards.
Speaker 4: To where we are doing our wedding.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the argument you know was about after she got off the phone with his mother, but I can guess, and the argument probably was about Cally setting boundaries with his mother. And no man wants to hear their fiance tell him that he needs to get his mom under control. Okay, The reality is Mama probably don't like her all right. Mama knows her prefrontal cortext isn't fully developed. She knows that that girl don't got it all, and you carelly proved her right. What I don't understand is why you stab your fiance if you got a problem with his mother, what you cut him and said f you and the vagina you come from.
Speaker 4: Boy, No, that's not the way to do that.
Speaker 1: And this is yet another reason I know your prefrontal cortext isn't fully developed because your decision making is flawed. You got a problem with your fiance's mother. You don't stab the fiance, you stab his mom. Oh my god, No, that's actually not what I wanted to say. What I wanted to say is this is why we must all develop better conflict resolution skills. And the reality is, Carey, you and your fiance are not ready to be married. Okay, in fact, you both shouldn't even be together. This is just a toxic relationship. You and the mom arguing, and then you go grab a knife and attack your fiance because of an argument that you was having with his mom. And you said you was acting out of fear that you thought your fiance would hit you. Now, I'm no doctor jin Mann, and that's fine because y'all don't need a couple therapy. In fact, you need an exorcism. Okay, this union is not the Lord. I can sense when the devil is present. If I could pray in tongues right now, I would, but I can't. But Jessica Robbin Moore can Jessica, you are of the Lord. Please put your hands on this couple and speak in tongues for them.
Speaker 5: Please by by, by bye bye, Shah coming in a Honda, he talked about Shah.
Speaker 1: Amen, Amen for them, man that Honda. Please give calle brand to the sweet sounds of the Hamiltones.
Speaker 19: Oh.
Speaker 2: No, you are the dog of the day, the dogee.
Speaker 1: All the day. Ye Now, just I'm not gonna ask you what God put on your spirit to say to these people. But I do wonder why did the Lord have to come in a Honda just now because you during when you were speaking in tongues, you said that he was coming in a.
Speaker 2: Honda's see is the holy goals? It takes over.
Speaker 5: You don't know what you're saying. You just have to allow God to use you. And maybe they have a Honda and I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: But I believe Hondas are of the Lord because hondas last forever. The hand does last forever, eternal life. You hear me, You see what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, well, thank you for that Donky today. Yes, now, just fix my masket on the phone lines right now. If you're having issues relationship problems. Eight hundred five eight is to breakfast club good morning the.
Speaker 14: Umping, and his phone popped up a text message and her regulates. So I was phone off and I asked him about the text message. Well, his phone is locked, and he basically told me I didn't see what I saw. It was the church group on Facebook messengers. So he showed me that people saying good morning. But I'm like, no, it's not Facebook because this is a phone number. So anyway, Tom goes by, I'm like, let me see the phone. We go back and forth. It's like not happening. The phone is locked, Like if.
Speaker 18: It was a grenade, he would have blew up, like he.
Speaker 13: Would not let the phone go.
Speaker 14: Yes, So I just left, like okay, I'm gonna get out of here, escalating, and at this point.
Speaker 2: I know you're lying.
Speaker 14: So then a couple of days later, I finally get around to talking and he's like, someone sent him a random text message from the past. He don't know why it was super random.
Speaker 6: He's innocent.
Speaker 2: He took a couple of days to come up with that.
Speaker 14: That's that's the excuse he gave. You don't never saw anything. But it's like you're a man man, your falls lived. Like all you gotta do if it was that simple, was just pull up the message like here you go. So that just goes to show like there was something that she was trying to hide. It may not have been that, but so do.
Speaker 2: You believe him that was the Do you believe that that was a friend from a long time ago? You don't? And you know, do you believe that?
Speaker 5: Be honest with me, do you believe that? Because that's the only way I can help you is if you don't be lying.
Speaker 14: I don't, but I'm very forgiven, so like I I don't believe that in my heart.
Speaker 5: Though, Okay, well then that's something that you you got. You gotta tell him that. And I don't believe you told him that. I understand that you're forgiven, but you can't turn a blind eye to obvious like obvious things. You understand what I'm saying, because if he knows how forget, he sees how forgiving you are. You know as his wife that that's that's easy. You know what I'm saying, That's easy. He gonna know what to say to get back in your good graces. And you know, you you just voluntarily like ignoring it. You can't do that, you know, it's something else going on now. He may not have you know, met up with this woman or you know, done anything, but you're still cheating.
Speaker 2: It's your height.
Speaker 5: It's something that I can't see now. You're hiding something that I'm not supposed to say in it.
Speaker 2: That's that's not cool. I ain't something you leave your man.
Speaker 5: But you have to tell him how you feel. Tell him this is a marriage. It's not your boyfriend. You just can't break up with him, you know. I understand that, but definitely have a conversation with him.
Speaker 2: But I don't.
Speaker 5: And this is going to lead me to like not trust you, like you you. I don't feel good about this. I feel I know you lying to me about it.
Speaker 2: Tell him why y'all always thinking the worst though? Excuse me, I'm just like your man is cheating.
Speaker 1: A lot of times, brothers be doing this telehelp, which is therapy through the phone, and we don't want you to see our conversations with our therapists. Sometimes we texting with our pastors and spiritual leaders. I don't want you to see that either. Sometimes we plan in amazing surprises for you. Why you always got to think somebody cheating boys, right.
Speaker 2: Right? Why would it take him?
Speaker 14: I don't think the past.
Speaker 2: Go ahead and say what you were saying, babe, saying I don't think.
Speaker 14: The pastor or the cantlor text hello gordgeous?
Speaker 2: Yeah why somebody calling him gorgeous though? Yeah, yeah, yeah, sorry.
Speaker 14: Yeah, my mom went a couple of ways with that when I got you, so yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it might be an old friend from the old home college or something. I don't know what's going on with the definitely definitely holler at him and see which one is homeboys or whatever. I mean, you know, or anybody's calling this man gorgeous.
Speaker 2: I won't say that.
Speaker 3: Charlemagne text me here gorgeous every once in a while. It's a little it's never comfortable and awkward, but he does send that to me sometimes, yess.
Speaker 4: So just you know, keep that.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you one thing.
Speaker 1: If it's a man calling him gorgeous, I promise you your boyfriend getting the whole fist up every Friday.
Speaker 2: Who God, that's not her.
Speaker 14: I hope it's a sarcastic woman, because yeah, yeah, that's what I hope to have one Jess, good luck, all right, thank you?
Speaker 4: Also, let the record show Jess Mary J.
Speaker 1: Blige got a whole song called good Morning Gorgeous, and she says, look in the mirror and tell yourself good morning gorgeous. So maybe he texts good morning gorgeous to himself.
Speaker 2: No, not nah, not not no. Man, Murray wasn't talking to the niggas.
Speaker 3: Just fix my mess. Eight hundred five eighty five one five one caller up. Now, it's the breakfast Club.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 2: That's about me. For relationship problems. AT's about me.
Speaker 5: If you need to beat your coworker's ass, at about me, for your coworker needs to beat your ass, call it up.
Speaker 2: They got the jests and I'm here to fix your mess. Fix your mess.
Speaker 3: It's getting very much messy. Let me fix that morning, everybody. It's the j Envy, Jess Hilarious, Charlamagne the guy. We are the breakfast Club. We're in the middle of Jess fix my mess. And we have Peter on the line.
Speaker 2: Peter, good morning, Hey, great morning.
Speaker 25: Gods appreciate y'all.
Speaker 2: God take us off bluetooth for speaker. If you're on all right, way better? What's your question for Jess?
Speaker 6: All right, So, my old ladies are staying at home, all right, so I care everything, all right. Me and her got into a little stack, and she's the tourist for running her car on, all right. She told me that her car was room and she she didn't know what she would make it to the gas tion. So when he lived about a mile away from the gapot like, you know, go ahead and you make it to the gastation, right. But he there and went to the gas station. When she came back, she told me that she broke down, you know, and a guy stopped to help her. The guy who stopped to help her, thanks you to assault to her, all right. So she said she didn't have her wallet, so she went to the gas station. She got the guy pay for the gas, and she cashed out the guy back. So actually, I was how how how you got back to your car? She said she got back in the car with the dude.
Speaker 2: So I'm she says she was, she got in the car with the deal.
Speaker 6: She got back in the car with him. So I'm gonna have her mixing mos bout it up because a couple of things. One thing is to blame, you know what I mean. Because she told me that her call was no but you know, tell her, don't let your car people, for lord have what kind of mirsary is gonna happen, you know what I mean. So she blowed me because you gotta have a gas, but she did not calling me when he broke down, and you are mill away from me. I'm gonna get mad because he left angry, but you know I don't. Yeah, So she got back in the car with my told I want to cash that because I just know who this guy is. He died in the community. You know, I don't ready to crash out, and she refused to give me the callers yell.
Speaker 12: Of the guy.
Speaker 6: So I'm like, you know, he's just he's crazy.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 6: I don't even know how to even take him.
Speaker 4: I don't know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: So Peter's basically saying his wife's car broke down and the person that fixed helped his wife was a stranger. The strangers sexually assaulted his wife. But then when she got gas, instead of calling him, she got back in the car with the sexual guy that sexually assaulted her, and uh, she has the guy's cash ap so he can find out who the guy is the cash act, but his wife won't give him the number. So he's he's saying he feels fed up because one he wasn't there to help his wife get the gass, and too, he feels like he wants to fix this problem, but his wife won't give him up the number.
Speaker 4: Am I saying that right, Peter?
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's exactly what it is, all right?
Speaker 5: Well, she lying straight up, like what are you talking about? You said yeah, and she lined, how you get sexually assaulted? You get back in the car. That sound like, you know what one of these lawsuits did we keep talking about up here? You you you went, You got back in the car after this man sexually assaulted you, and and and you won't give me the I'm trying to bring it to justice. I'm trying to whether you're going to handle the dude or whatever. I mean, because you you are her husband or you heard her boyfriend? Oh okay, yeah yeah, don't walk down that out.
Speaker 2: That's crazy. She lied to me.
Speaker 4: Ask a question, how do you know she was sexually assaulted?
Speaker 6: He told me?
Speaker 2: What did she say he did?
Speaker 6: She said, you broke on her, on her ass and said something to her. This is not saying right. I'm like, damn, a guy, don't uilty because he told me her college running out of gas, Like I don't like God, you don't need.
Speaker 14: But let me I.
Speaker 6: Bought that life.
Speaker 3: But let me ask you a question, Peter, and just he didn't. She didn't have to tell him she was sexually assault. No, she said it could have happened, and maybe she but maybe she doesn't want to give you the number because she don't want you to do something. Get yourself in trouble, get you arrested, and then she went to where you can get in trouble.
Speaker 5: Could be it, or maybe that was a cop out because she went in my a you know what I'm saying, Like she didn't call him or nothing like that, So that's that was the cop out.
Speaker 2: Oh he you know, just to just so he won't be mad at her, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: But it's stupid because she didn't think all the way. She didn't think that all the way through. You got this man cash at all, right, so now let me go do something about it, but now you're not giving it to me.
Speaker 2: You didn't think that all the way through.
Speaker 5: She used that as a cop out, as an excuse, and like an alibis or something like that.
Speaker 6: Why all of that though, Like, why should kill such celtic? Why'd you kill it? Be to cash out? Like you don't mean like you be a professional life? Ain't no real?
Speaker 2: I get it. Well, I'm telling you she lying, bro, I'm telling you she's lying.
Speaker 4: That's what it is.
Speaker 2: So what you can do what you want to do with that. But at least you're not married yet, is what I'm gonna say. Yeah, that's where got yeah man, yeah, sorry, Peter, Yeah.
Speaker 4: All right man, and poor Peter.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, damn.
Speaker 1: That sounds like that's her bay. That's not like that's her little side boot that she got caught with.
Speaker 4: But why was she she would have to tell him.
Speaker 11: Anything.
Speaker 3: She could have said a woman helped me out, or anybody helped me out. She didn't have to say, do help me.
Speaker 1: If it feels like he was leaving something out something as a whole in the story, he ain't telling us.
Speaker 2: It's sounds like you're trying to figure out too what you think what you mean?
Speaker 1: I think that's her little boo on the side, that's what that's what. That's just my personal opinion.
Speaker 5: But if you ain't need married and you got a boot on the side, already.
Speaker 2: You don't need to get married the usually because she just think now so she ain't cut off her roster yet, that right, No, that is crazy.
Speaker 5: You're supposed to cut off all of them after, you know, like before he puts. You don't know when he's gonna propose, so you cut all them off right after the proposal, like all, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: So when did you cut your roster off?
Speaker 2: All right? Just fixed my mask?
Speaker 4: Undred five eighty five one O five one.
Speaker 2: We got just with the mess coming up, yes, no, no, we got fifty with the mess coming up. This man is crazy.
Speaker 5: I think I think fifty sets his along purposely, like at two am so we can all wake up the stuff that he posts.
Speaker 3: He don't sleep, he don't play, and he don't stop. Crazy Beef never stopped with him. He never takes a day off, never takes a day off, and he always listening like he got a thousand eyes everywhere. So we're gonna get it to.
Speaker 2: That when we come back.
Speaker 4: All right, it's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 25: Good morning, the Breakfast Club. Sleep you love people back, shut up.
Speaker 5: Chris Brown carrying them, that's what it is. Him and Steph Curry, Him and Steph Curry. Yeah, they carrying.
Speaker 2: Him and Drake to good on everybody at the breakfast club.
Speaker 4: Let's get to jest with the mess.
Speaker 16: You use is real, whether it's just Robin Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 2: She don't sell nobody.
Speaker 1: Stations world why jes worldwide mess on the breakfast clubs, the coaches ship.
Speaker 2: She was able to get y'all to see something and understand something that nobody could get you to see this time to set it off. So apparently, uh Sabrianda Morris, they don't like that Wendy been speaking out.
Speaker 20: She don't like that Wendy was here, not here, but called into the breakfast club the other day at all. She shot off a letter to the judge after the interview, referencing the interview several times, asking the judge to re exam re examine Wendy's health and to hold on on the A and E lawsuit until they do that. Now, let's take listen first to what Wendy said again when she called in the day about her health and about the lawsuit.
Speaker 26: Listen, I've been in this guardianship for this long amount of time and now a andy lifetime, this lawsuit. Please, I don't want that. I don't want a dime from that. I don't want any part of that.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 26: They insist on me telling everybody that I'm frontal temple dementsha. But you know, this whole thing about frontal temple dementia is ridiculous and I don't want this lawsuit.
Speaker 6: I don't want it at all.
Speaker 26: I want to shout out though to the people at Lifetime.
Speaker 2: You know I've been in.
Speaker 26: Business with them before.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. I did a couple of things there.
Speaker 26: They're good people to me well, and I would love to do business with them again.
Speaker 18: Okay, so that was what she had to say about that.
Speaker 20: But in the letter, they're basically like, we only filed this lawsuit because Wendy needs to recoup money from this different things she's been through while she's been in a conservative ship, and also to help pay for her health care. And then they specifically referenced when Wendy was talking to us about where she think her money is being used in terms of the anti lawsuit. Let's say, listen to Wendy said about.
Speaker 26: That my guardian person is represented by this expensive law firm, right, but it's my money. It's my money that my guardian is using for regarding this lawsuit. And my money is slowly, I guess, dwindling away. I have no idea. You know what I'm saying. My wallet is pleaded with a few dollars. You understand, well, I've been in this situation for over three years.
Speaker 20: Yeah, So they basically say, they say, Okay, we know she's basically saying that all her money has been spent toward attorneys or whatever. But Robbie Kaplan, who was the attorney for Sabrina Morrisey, who is the guardian, says that her firm has not even been paid yet and will not receive a penny unless they're successful in the anti lawsuit, and when the anti lawsuit, if it is one and the money comes out, Sabrina will not receive any money from that lawsuit at all.
Speaker 1: I don't believe that to be true, because all guardians get a fee for the amount of money they handle for their award.
Speaker 18: I'm just saying what their with their letter states is that.
Speaker 3: And then but it makes sense why they're trying to do that, because they're trying to sue a and E and Wendy saying I don't want to sue ad E. It's like, well, you know, it seems like they're going to get what she's trying, what she wants.
Speaker 1: Because because Wendy blew up the lawsuit, that's right. Lawsuit is based on Wendy having frontal temple dementia. So Wendy is saying, no, that's not the case. I know that frontal temple dementia, and then that blows up the whole lawsuit.
Speaker 2: But it's easy to find that out exactly.
Speaker 20: So furthermore on her health, what they're saying is, look, we know what she's saying. We don't want this to look like we're not doing with in her best interests. So judge, we want you to go back in and do another health evaluation. And they finally told us how this evaluation supposedly happened. In the beginning, they say they said that Wendy was examined by will Cornell Medical Center who diagnosed her with frontal temple dementia in a progressive aphasia aphesia.
Speaker 18: I don't know if I'm saying that right.
Speaker 20: And then a judge made his own determination as well, so they're saying, can y'all do that again? And depending on what the results of this is like, if the results say she doesn't have it and she can make it own decisions, we won't go forward with the lawsuit.
Speaker 2: We'll back off.
Speaker 20: But if it does say otherwise, then that's up to the court to decide what happens from there. So that's yeah, that's what they're claiming as far as that O correct. Yeah, Now fifty fifty with the mess, fifty with the with the mess.
Speaker 2: Okay, so.
Speaker 20: Big Meach, now Little Meach has entered the chat and I don't even think he knew he was entering the chat. So yesterday fifty cent posted a text message that Little Meach sent him about Big Meach and about you know their relationship right now where it sands. Little Meat said to fifty they just told me you and followed me off Instagram, and now you're managing skill a baby with rocket. When I brought him around you first, you didn't have a clue who he was. Now you're mad at me when I would take the shirt off my back for you. I can't believe this man. You act as if I'm your enemy. I've only showed love and loyalty and human. I'm human. I go through my own stuff, but I should, but I never switched up on you, he says, f Ross, but he gave my dad some bread so he can afford to pay his bills until our next season starts.
Speaker 18: This internet stuff is throwing me off, man, you know me in real life.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna hold you that. He came out and like it was solid.
Speaker 5: It was like, you know what I mean, all right, cool, I'm in a way. I ain't really got nothing to do with with this beef with my father.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 24: I know.
Speaker 2: Fifty is like, look, this is your fuck you your father kid, that's on you. But this I don't know. I kind of feel bad.
Speaker 5: But you know, little musk, little what you call him, little musty, But that's that's a little inside he probably he don't think no more.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure. But yeah, but nah, like nah, this this was how can you be.
Speaker 7: Mean to this?
Speaker 2: Because I don't got nothing to do with it.
Speaker 5: I mean, but and then also he said, uh, you know, Ross gave my father some money so he can afford to pay his bills until our next season starts. So what they're not making no money on the off season. I mean, and Rick Ross being your friend, he gave him some bread. I mean, you made it that they ain't got nothing to.
Speaker 16: Do with me.
Speaker 1: But we act like we we act like we don't know if fifty cent is consistent like fifty if you if you stand next to his op, he not rocking with you. And it's just just that simple. So I guess if he's not rocking, it means you're not gonna rock with Little meat son.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And it has been with this a way from the beginning of the time. He ain't nobody problem. He's been like this like it's not a surprise anymore.
Speaker 20: People always surprised though when he do with fifty do because people online arguing right now whether he's right, whether he's wrong, But fifty he consistently doesn't care.
Speaker 18: He's still posting.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised. I just feel bad for little Meat, you know what I mean.
Speaker 5: He's a little he's a kid in this because he even said for us, but he gave my dad some bread.
Speaker 2: Ain't got you know what I mean.
Speaker 20: So he's still well, he's been trolling like fifty been trolling Little Meat. Now he posted this screenshot. It says little meach is gonna be on Love and Hip Hop Atlanta and fifty caption and they said, well, I'll give him on the scott a call for him later on today. And then fifty posted this, uh this video making fun of this situation as well too. Let's say a listen, he got Stockholm syndrome.
Speaker 15: Do twenty more years in the joint, come home, running the picture, run go, run up under the ceo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, twenty years in the joint, come home, run run up under the seo.
Speaker 13: Yeah.
Speaker 2: People laughing at them, more crazy and all that Stockholm meet. Yeah, you just do twenty years and Jay, you come run up under the ceo after everything they did for your mom.
Speaker 15: Dang.
Speaker 18: And I think that's a big part of it too.
Speaker 20: People feel like, you know, fifty did a lot for meat like me, shocked about playing for the acting classes, setting them up, you know, just making sure that he would set up so that he could take care of the family, I guess, help his dad.
Speaker 5: But but but okay, was Rick Ross and uh big meets friends back in the day, Like, weren't they always friends?
Speaker 18: Don't There's been an argument.
Speaker 2: Around that for a while.
Speaker 4: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: But I won't say this, you know with fifty. And if you know fifty, you've been around fifty. Everything is loyalty the fifth right. If he's loyal, if you're loyal to him, he's loyal to you. And like me said, he'll take the shirt off his back for fifth. Fifth, we'll take the shirt off his back for you.
Speaker 4: And he's helped.
Speaker 3: Somebody canceled, and he helped so many people in the industry that he never talks about. These gave so many people money behind the scenes. So when people switch sides like that, there is no awf with him. Like, let's not try to tell people there is no I was just joking. There is no awful man that man. If you have a problem with him, it is what it is. He's gonna he's gonna take it to the.
Speaker 2: Grave, little cancer like me. Okay, that's how we all know you're a clown.
Speaker 4: Y's what that is.
Speaker 2: But thank you, Lauren, you welcome. One more time now, I was gonna say, fifty is consistent.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know like like like it, love it, hate it. You know who he is, you know how he is. If you don't like it, unfollow it.
Speaker 18: And one more time, just wanted to send again a resting peace to Earth. Gotty.
Speaker 20: I did want to mention a Fat Joe also posted and just talked about how IRV Gott he changed his life and everything that he's done for hip hop.
Speaker 18: So as we close out today, I just want to do that one.
Speaker 2: Rest in peace, IRV Gotti.
Speaker 1: But now fifty mad at Lauren because Lauren did a segue from fifty and right now.
Speaker 20: Please fifty at me because I could just bring the followers. Mama, go ahead, please.
Speaker 1: Don't bring no intention. She ready to marry fifty. She about to fight everybody up here for fifty. She's about to crash out for fifth.
Speaker 4: So Laura, Lauren, Lauren, like everybody, like everybody.
Speaker 20: Before, I had no me, I had no aspect like everybody. Would you say, hey, that's what it is. I will say this that I can't wait talk, can get my meal on you.
Speaker 3: That's the That's the one I feel bad about before we get into the mix, is Fat Joe because he was up here and he was saying that he was trying to mend the situation with Earth, and Earth wouldn't take his call.
Speaker 4: So I know he was trying to do and I hope that they finally didn't.
Speaker 2: And I hope that they did.
Speaker 20: Because there's the reports that people did come to say dere goodbye, so hopefully they got that moment in.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: All right, well that is just with the mess. Let's get to the mix.
Speaker 3: Let's play some joints that Earth produced or Earth was behind everything from Mike Geronimo to d MX to a Shanty the Lloyd to Fat Joe.
Speaker 2: I said to Joe, rule of course this man got his I didn't even know that he did.
Speaker 4: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: That's how it always is.
Speaker 4: So we're gonna get some of them on this morning. It's the Breakfast Club. Go Morning. You're checking out the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: Charlamagne to God here and I want you to let Audible expand your life by listening, tap into your well being with audiobooks, podcasting originals on betterhealth, relationships, finance, and more, and reach the goals you set for yourself.
Speaker 2: Sign up today for a free thirty day trial at audible dot com.
Speaker 1: Morning Everybody's DJ n V, Jesse Larry and Charlamage the Guy.
Speaker 2: We are the Breakfast Club. It's Black History Month. What we're doing well, you know, every day doing Black History Month.
Speaker 1: My Gudbot does a podcast called I Didn't Know Maybe you didn't either on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network, and today he's going to take a look on how black families, land and generational wealth has been systemically stolen all while America pretends it's just part of the game.
Speaker 4: Let's discuss I know, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 22: Take the Epse family for example, back in nineteen forty two, they was living a dream in Vero Beach, Florida. They had one hundred and forty seven acres of land. Now I have to do some homework on that. How much is one acre? Well, for easy math, it's about three fourths of a football field. So let's just say one acre equals a football field, or sixteen tennis courts, or one acre is larger than nine basketball courts. They said, you can, we had five baseball fields in one acre. Well, the Epsy family had one hundred and forty seven acres. Now that's just not land. That's by your kids a pony and still got space for a ferris wheel land. But then the US government came knocking and this say, excuse me, we're gonna need your land to build an airfield. Don't worry, it's for the war effort. And the Epssey's was like, all right, but can we get it back after spoiler alert?
Speaker 2: They didn't.
Speaker 22: Instead, their land went to the Navy, the city of Vero Beach and dig this the La Dodgers. Yes, they even named it Dodger Town. And they ain't even blessed the Epsy family with season tickets or an expensive hot dog at the concession stand or nothing. And I'm gonna keep it a buck. One hundred and forty seven acres. The land wasn't just dirt. That's wealth, generational wealth. But instead of that wealth staying in the Epsy family got passed around like a Netflix password.
Speaker 4: Now here's where it gets wow.
Speaker 22: Because people love to ask why can't them colored families just build wealth like everybody else?
Speaker 2: Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 22: Maybe because every time we do, some one shows up with a clipboard, a bulldozer and some bad intentions.
Speaker 4: It's not just history, it's a pattern from Tulsa to Vero Beach.
Speaker 22: Anytime we start thriving and surviving, somebody decides, yeah, that's nice, but we want that for us. So here's my challenge to you learn these stories that didn't make it into the textbooks, talk about them, share them, because the only way to stop history from repeating itself is to start calling it out. That's the reason for I didn't know, maybe you didn't either. The historic Dodger Town in Vero Beach is no more. They closed the doors and shut down because they were broke. Haven't had it since March of two thousand and eight. But Minor League Baseball did reopen the facilities and now it's named Vero Beach Sports Village. But it ain't owned by the Epsy family. It's owned by Major League Baseball.
Speaker 2: And I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 4: No, All right, happy Black History mom.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: That's the history you didn't learn in school, but you'll definitely want to remember. So make sure you download b dotch. I didn't know, maybe you didn't either. On the Black Effect, iHeartRadio podcast network available everywhere you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 2: All right, now, when we come back, we got the positive note. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Good morning morning everybody at cj n V. Jesse Larriius, Charlomage, the God. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: It's time to get up out of here, Charlamane, you got a positive note before he.
Speaker 13: Gives you that.
Speaker 2: Sorry. Valentine's Day, y'all?
Speaker 5: Okay, So me and Chris are being honored as special guests at the Quantum of Love Bond with Me double seven dinner. You know on valent Size Day, if you ain't doing enough and get dressed up in at all black, bring your lady, bring your your your girl, your man, and you can also find a significant other there because this is not a party only for couples. It's for singles as well. So, like I said, dressed up in at all black. The way you can get tickets is one eight three three FTK line that's l I n E and www dot FTK connect dot com or the links and my bio get your tickets. They're almost sold out. They're selling and I'm just coming ahead front with me and Chris and you know we got some other special guests of tending the party too. See you on Valentine's Day one. What like, well, I just feel like you should have ended it with a kiss smooch enough.
Speaker 2: Please don't like come on? What's the positive note?
Speaker 1: The positive note comes from the man named Malcolm X. Because it is Black History Month. Malcolm X once said, if you have no critics, you'll likely have no success. So let those people talk about you, let those people have their opinions, because if you have no critics, you'll.
Speaker 2: Likely have no success. It's just part of the game. Have a nice day. I love that breakfast club. You don't finish, or y'all don