Speaker 1: From Hollywood.
Speaker 2: See you, Thank you for listening to us.
Speaker 3: Ryan Air Air on Air with a Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Jessica and Bell Guards. Good morning, Jessica, How are you doing good?
Speaker 4: How are you guys doing great?
Speaker 2: Well? You seem to be talking about what we've been talking about a lot here, and that is invitations to weddings. I mean, Tanya's getting married, She's trying to figure out the guest list. Ruby is getting marriage. She's putting together her guest list. Ty's trying to fit where to have the wedding, and we're all just sort of waiting to get that save the date. We haven't gotten it yet. And Jessica, you were also invited to Tanya's wedding.
Speaker 5: No, well not yet.
Speaker 4: No, okay, div wedding.
Speaker 2: You're invited to your wedding?
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I was invited. It's actually my best friend in the world's wedding. She's getting married and it's super exciting, obviously, and she's getting married in Switzerland.
Speaker 6: Her and her.
Speaker 5: Fiance decided her fiancees from Switzerland, so they're getting married there and it's great. And she asked me to be the maid of honor and asked my two daughters to be her flower girls, which is lovely, but she asked about, you know, us being in the wedding. Prior to knowing it was a destination wedding, my husband and I have been, you know, going over the logistics of it, and it just doesn't seem feasible to bring our daughters. First of all, it's just so expensive, and then we have to bring a parent, most likely one of our parents, to watch them all the events that are going on for the wedding, and so honestly, we're like kind of coming to the conclusion that we're not quite care we can swing bringing them.
Speaker 6: So I did bring it up.
Speaker 5: To her, and she, you know, was a little she was she was sad and like, I can't imagine having my wedding without them being there. And we kind of left it at that, and I'm like in between an in a hard place. Now. Of course, I'm not quite sure what to do or how to bring it up to her again, but I just don't think we can swing it.
Speaker 1: How old are your daughters?
Speaker 7: A weird reaction.
Speaker 4: I know they're sick and too.
Speaker 2: What does one expect when they invite one to go to a wedding in Switzerland. I live in Los Angeles. For I almost feel like you invite people to those kinds of places because you don't want everyone to come right.
Speaker 8: And if you if you say I can't afford to bring my kids, and she should just say, I Sam, yeah.
Speaker 2: We made it inconvenient that we're marrying in.
Speaker 3: Switzerland, exactly like she's trying to make you feel guilty for something.
Speaker 2: Lot of reactions cost.
Speaker 1: You thousands and thousands and thousands of dollars.
Speaker 5: Yes, And I did not love the reaction either. And obviously, of course I'm still going and my husband and I'm going to the maid of honor and.
Speaker 9: I'm so excited about that.
Speaker 5: And I really didn't think I would get I would have gotten the reaction I did from her, like I really am liked it.
Speaker 2: So your reality is your reality. You need to move forward with what it is and go be the friend that you're going to be, and you know, fill that role and don't worry about it anymore.
Speaker 8: Maybe you can have your daughters give sent her like a video message on the day of her wedding.
Speaker 2: She doesn't understanding. Maybe she's just stressed that all this is happening. But I think she'll understand.
Speaker 3: Well, I think she had this vision in her head of having your daughters be the flower Girls, and now she's like spiraling, like, wait, I'm not going to have flower girls.
Speaker 2: Book for the wed with you.
Speaker 1: I'm with you.
Speaker 3: She's making it very inconvenient for you to do the right thing here.
Speaker 2: All right, good luck the weddings. They don't come without pressure, stress from all points and parties. Thank you very much. So, Tanya, if you're going to be you know, booking burn Switzerland, ceremony on a bridge or something, let us know sooner than.
Speaker 8: You do stuff like that and a grid of edge of the cliff of a mountain. A friend of mine is getting married in Amsterdam and she had the same thing. She's like, we invited people, but we understand that, like the majority of people can't make.
Speaker 2: When you do something like that, you know a lot of people can't do you almost you probably over invite because you know some people can't come. Right. So, all right, weddings and the stress of them. Let's see here, Tanya, what happened. You bought something online and you accidentally shifted to the wrong address. Did it go to anybody you know?
Speaker 8: No, that's the problem, So I have it I bought. I guess I haven't gone to this website. I haven't bought something on this website in a very long time. Yeah, but I went online. I ordered this pot for a plant in our living room, like a big pot, big heavy pot, and I checked out, didn't even think I had, you know, my credit card information in there. Checked out, boom, Great, got an update when your base is going to be delivered?
Speaker 7: Great, didn't even think about it.
Speaker 8: So then you know, it says like your base is on its way blah blah bl So after it got delivered, I realized I looked outside our front door and there was no box. I checked the email and it was sent to my parents' old address in Rossmore, and they sold that house last year, so it's not even like my parents lived there anymore.
Speaker 7: It's I don't even.
Speaker 2: Know when this pot that is free living arrives. And the people didn't order the pot, don't they send the pot back?
Speaker 7: So I tried calling.
Speaker 8: I tried calling the company that I bought it from, and then they were like, oh, once it's out shipping, we can't do anything about it. So then I called the shipping company, but they were like it was already delivered, and that was that was basically it.
Speaker 7: I don't know these people, and so I basically I know what I said.
Speaker 8: I basically was just like I'm just gonna give them this pot, Like I guess that's oh, you're.
Speaker 2: Going to get this pot to pay it forward, right, like the need that maybe there's a couple of having a really big fight and they need a pot. I would just drive.
Speaker 1: Down there in the days delivered and be like, this is my pot.
Speaker 8: So my mom goes, you need to go to the house, knock on the door and get your pot back. And so Robbie and I are thinking about driving down the rock knocking on the door and asking for her giant O.
Speaker 2: If you just joined us and you heard Tanya say that she's speaking of her living room po face. She didn't leave her other things elsewhere?
Speaker 7: No, no, no, yes.
Speaker 3: By the way, Tony, this has happened to me multiple times with my previous home that we just moved out of in September, and there's been a few instances like same thing like pottery barn. I forgot that it was the old address, like whatever, I've ordered stuff and then I just go over there and knock on the door.
Speaker 7: She's so nice. She's that lady.
Speaker 3: She's let us in and like showed us the house and the updates that she's done.
Speaker 1: Really like you know her.
Speaker 7: I don't know these people. I know them, I don't know her.
Speaker 2: She's very nice. Stores and forward. That's good on them, And be a little bit more careful when you choose the address. I think I was on the hold activating her credit card the other day, really enjoying the awful music they play. You ever had that happened.
Speaker 1: I don't know about enjoying it, but I just deal with it.
Speaker 2: No matter what I'm trying to activate or deal, nothing ever works right. It's never. This doesn't pin, doesn't match the card ever. So I got to wait for the person. And as I was waiting for the person, I'm like, this music is so bad. I love it, the whole music the bank holds. We should be like programming bank holding music does Oh it was heard. I was off for so long. I enjoyed the loop. Yeah, Selena Montebello, thank you for listening to us this morning. How can we help you?
Speaker 4: Yes, well, thanks, I'm getting married this summer.
Speaker 2: This is everybody's getting married.
Speaker 7: I'm telling you my algorithm is all bridle.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, because you're shopping for bridle stuff.
Speaker 7: No, I'm not.
Speaker 1: You're looking at it.
Speaker 7: My phone's listening, Selene.
Speaker 2: Go ahead. What happened.
Speaker 4: Well, so we've been looking at wedding bands for him, and like the whole time he's just been telling me like whatever, I don't care, Like they're.
Speaker 2: All fine wedding bands, performance bands.
Speaker 4: No great, like his ring, his ring, I got it his ring, And it's it's frustrating to hear that, like he doesn't care, you know, like they're all fine because like he's gonna wear.
Speaker 1: It the rest of his life.
Speaker 4: Right, So I guess some of a friend of his sent him like a website called, I don't know, like man bands or something. So now he wants to Superman wedding band.
Speaker 2: Does it have the S on it red and blue?
Speaker 4: Or yes, he does have the S on it, but the S is in the inside, which like it's not the worst thing.
Speaker 1: But I don't know, I've heard of this company.
Speaker 2: What is it? What they do? Superhero wedding Man's.
Speaker 1: They do like wedding bands for men.
Speaker 3: They cater to the men that if you can you want different type of designs, like not necessarily like the traditional.
Speaker 2: It's like a brushed gray with a blue stripe around and the s's on the inside. Is that the one? And so here's the thing I mean, is he a Superman fan? Is he just having some fun?
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, but I don't know. It just feels a little childish to me.
Speaker 2: This is the man you married, This is the guy you married, I know married. No, No, it's a Superman ring.
Speaker 1: It's kind of mummy.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing, Slean. I do understand what he means when he says he doesn't care, because I wouldn't either. And it's not that I don't care, but I would tell you I don't care because it's like just something simple, something easy. That's what I think I would mean when I say I don't care what you think.
Speaker 3: And until you start trying all of them on, because the same time he's like.
Speaker 1: I want it to be simple.
Speaker 3: Whatever, I don't want to know it's there, And this guy walks out of the store with like a nine princess cut diamonds on his band and it's not simple.
Speaker 1: Well, that's your mind changes, is my point. As soon as you start trying them on Selene.
Speaker 2: I don't know this one you fight. I feel like this one just maybe go with it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not gonna You're not gonna be staring at it.
Speaker 2: It's not like he's asking for the cape and running up buildings and jumping from them, you know what I mean, it's just wearing.
Speaker 7: Yes, this is how it starts.
Speaker 4: Okay, Well, I definitely answered my question.
Speaker 1: I mean, lay, Superman's cooler than Lord of the Ring.
Speaker 2: He's got a little personality here. He's having some fun.
Speaker 1: Lord of the Rings has like the script on there.
Speaker 2: What kind of wedding band is Robbie getting.
Speaker 8: Uh, we actually haven't talked about it, but I feel like he's probably gonna do a pretty simple like gold brushed band exactly.
Speaker 2: That he doesn't care.
Speaker 7: No, it doesn't care.
Speaker 2: But it's not that we don't care. When we say we don't care, it's like we don't mind, right, we don't want to cause a hassle. Don't mis understand the word care when we say it. Sometimes it's not that we don't have caring feelings for it. We don't care.
Speaker 8: Like I think we'll probably be able to pick it out within like thirty minutes.
Speaker 2: I think he wants the green lantern ring. To be honest with you, I think that's what he was trying to say, that he wants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'll pull an audible when you're at the store.
Speaker 7: No chance. He doesn't even know what the green lantern is.
Speaker 2: He doesn't know the green lantern. What doubts here is the hero of the green lantern?
Speaker 7: He has two boys? Of course he does. No, I don't think so.
Speaker 2: No toubs. Do you want to do those? Should I? It's about the Wi Fi routers and these are the top places. If you're noticing my WiFi is always slow, they're saying, check your router shouldn't be in these three spots tubs. Do you want to do the honors on it?
Speaker 3: I mean I just handed him the prep cheese, and you know he can if he wants to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, he's going to do this on the fly. So cold read. Go ahead. So the first one, don't put your router where in the kitchen? And why because there's electrical devices, especially your microwave. It will interfere with your router signal.
Speaker 7: Makes sense?
Speaker 2: All right, that does makes sense.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't think of it firsthand.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the point like I'm always slow. What's the deal? So think about it? So the kitchen, what else we got? The attic, that's another bad one. You don't have to throw fluff in there, tubs.
Speaker 1: Just tell us about the do you you know what?
Speaker 7: Let's see your person.
Speaker 10: Well, the insulation and the ceiling and the dry wall. It causes interference. It's just not a good place to put it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't think that either. I would think higher the better.
Speaker 2: Do you have drywall in an attic? I thought you had just the Yeah, like the fluffy stuff. Yeah, that's sometimes about drywall'll be closing up the walls. That's like a bonus room.
Speaker 1: That'd be great, all right, Tobs.
Speaker 2: What's the third one?
Speaker 10: Next to a window? It says you want to avoid direct sunlight. That I don't get, but that's what they say.
Speaker 7: Well overheating.
Speaker 3: You know, I guess the direct sunlight part because mine is kind of close to window.
Speaker 1: But it seems okay the heat.
Speaker 2: The ideal spot for your Wi Fi router is the ground floor century located. If you need to make the move, check it and see if that didn't speed things up? All right? Today's quote, Thank you jeffre Dubbs our engineer. So many people from your past, no a version of you that doesn't exist anymore because you've gotten better, You've groon. What are we doing on a Wednesday morning? Just FM headlines with siciny Well.
Speaker 3: It was a big day for women's gymnastics yesterday. Simone Biles and the US women's dymnastics team recaptured the gold medal in yesterday's team final. Team USA stunned Australia fourteen to twelve in the women's rugby sevens final, winning bronze and giving the US its first Olympic medal in the event, and the US men's soccer team will move on to the Olympic quarterfinals for the first time since Sydney in two thousand. Big Lots will shut down over fifty stores in California, including fifteen in Southern California. SpaceX is moving the landing and recovery for its Dragon Recovery vessel to Long Beach starting next year, and Usher is following in the steps of Beyonce and Taylor Swift. He has set the team up with AMC Theaters to release a filmed version of his two twenty three Paris residency This fall titled Usher Rendezvous in.
Speaker 11: Paris air on air with a Ryan Seacrest, it is Kiss FM, good morning, all right.
Speaker 2: We are in a world of wanting to create the most efficiencies as possible many times. I mean, it's a multitasking culture right right. Their exercise is that we can do while we're on the air, and you could do them at your desk. I remember when I brought in the dumbbells and in the commercial breaks, and I should do it again. We should the commercial breaks. I would do curls just to get a few extra reps in, right and be efficient with our time. Tonny, have you ever brought in any exercise equipment, any bands or anything like that while we're on the air. No, I have not, because I could sit like this with a band across my knees and press out and that would work my glutes while we're on the.
Speaker 3: I used to have bands when I did Middays the ten to three shift. I would have like a band in the studio that I would stretch. You would, yes, and I would do push ups, twenty push ups every top of the hour.
Speaker 2: And where would you do this? On the floor?
Speaker 1: On the floor, Yeah, you never a ball or anything like that. No ball push ups.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you know the big ball. You put your toes on the the bigger one, that's the half on the ball. Then you do push up from there to keep your course straight. O. That's next challenger. Yeah. Well, guess who's opening a gym?
Speaker 1: Well, guess who's working out right now as we speak.
Speaker 2: You are, yeah, on your elliptical. Can you not tell? I cannot tell he's opening a gym. Under the counter. You're cycling yet, see.
Speaker 3: It very heavy? But yes, I'm pedaling right now. I guess we can post.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, there it is here.
Speaker 1: Let me actually I'll stop right now.
Speaker 2: So you have a peddler under the chair. There she is with the peddler.
Speaker 7: Yeah. It's like an elliptic slash bike.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's great.
Speaker 1: It's called cycle.
Speaker 2: It looks like one of those things you put your feet in for a massage, like the tub.
Speaker 7: No, it looks like an elliptical.
Speaker 1: Many elliptical.
Speaker 2: Well, just the bottom part, the feet part, right. Yeah, So what's the deal. You just do cardio while you're sitting here on the air.
Speaker 1: I brought it in for show and tell kind of today, just to show you.
Speaker 3: But I have it at my desk because after this, I go and I take a bunch of meetings and I'm here until like four or five o'clock some nights. And you can get if I like consistently am pedaling throughout the day.
Speaker 1: It has a tracker.
Speaker 3: It'll show me like the calories that I'm bringing, the amount of stride, like four hundred calories on average.
Speaker 2: That's what you want and you're not and you're just sitting there anyway, right.
Speaker 3: Exactly exactly sweat so you can if I'm wearing like a sweater. I've noticed like when I'm very warm, warmly dressed, I start sweating a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's the only issue I have with working out here or doing anything extra here is when we sweat because there's no shower.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's kind of like a sweat from the gym. It's just like a little like a little warm.
Speaker 2: But I listen, I advocate if you can do something at your desk or do something in between the songs, yere, why not?
Speaker 1: It's honestly the talk of the office.
Speaker 3: Everyone that walks by, they are they're like wow, They're like what is that?
Speaker 2: And they're all that's the first one I've ever seen what is it actually called.
Speaker 3: This one's called the Desk Cycle ellipse I got on Amazon, so check it out.
Speaker 2: So that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Not an ad for it either.
Speaker 2: That's what's under her desk a tony you anything under yours?
Speaker 7: Literally nothing. I I don't know why. I've never thought to work out when I'm at work, like, but she.
Speaker 2: Has these meetings all day. She's in that.
Speaker 8: But it's not even that. I don't think I can't focus on on task.
Speaker 2: I can't work.
Speaker 7: I can't do it at the same time.
Speaker 8: Like I just I know myself if I was peddling right now, I would not be able to focus on you too.
Speaker 2: Well, we don't. We want to focus and we love and we.
Speaker 1: Appreciate your focus.
Speaker 7: It's hard for me. I can't do it.
Speaker 2: If I'm kind of with Tanya like I do. Need to either focus on what I'm doing and it's working out, and you focus on working out.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 3: This isn't like substitute, This isn't like take you know, it's not all I do.
Speaker 2: Basically, are you doing right now? I'm trying to like gauge your breath.
Speaker 7: No right now?
Speaker 1: No, I wasn't doing now, right now.
Speaker 3: I did my whole podcast last week pedaling, and there was moments where I was out of breath.
Speaker 2: I don't think my feet could reach it from the chair. Can you adjust it these?
Speaker 1: Yeah, just your thing.
Speaker 3: I actually had to take to get new wheels from my chair in my office because I would would scoop me back like this when I was pedaling.
Speaker 1: So I got wheels that I can lock. It's like a whole operation over there.
Speaker 2: It's got the club on it.
Speaker 7: I imagine if if I were like doing squats right now, I could not I'd be like, goodbye.
Speaker 2: Well squats are like yeah, well, maybe we'll pass it around the elliptical here, Yeah, give it a try. Do you say I'm sorry a lot? I know, when uh, we're working and maybe you screw some up, you say I'm so sorry, I'm sorry, can do it again? Or I'm sorry I didn't or i'm sorry running a few minutes later. We do use it a lot. But sisiny go ahead.
Speaker 3: So there's some alternative to some of the day to day things that you might be sorry or like, let's say, here's an alternative for sorry, I messed up. Thanks for the info. I'll be sure to get up to speed on that. I can't remember that, but it's just like always using the word thank you instead of I'm sorry is a good alternative in general.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's good. That's really, really really good.
Speaker 2: Thank you for the heads up, Thank you for the tip, Thank you for that good idea when you're trying.
Speaker 3: To get the attention of somebody, like the alternative for sorry to bother you. You know you always say sorry to bother you? Is now a good time for a quick question?
Speaker 2: You know? My mom always says still to this day, she calls says this first thing, say hello, She goes, did I catch you a bad time? That's good?
Speaker 1: That's literally what that's almost.
Speaker 2: The same thing that I catch you at a bad time. Well, the answer is yeah, if I answered the phone, this is a bad time.
Speaker 1: Well no, if you answer the phone, then you can talk to your mama.
Speaker 2: No, No, I shouldn't say to me said to your friends.
Speaker 1: Go okay.
Speaker 3: And this one I'm on the fence about because I feel like, if you're late, you should apologize, but you know, maybe you don't need to, so you could say thanks for waiting for me, I appreciate your patience.
Speaker 11: Oh i'd be like, bye, thanks for waiting for me.
Speaker 2: Sounds arrogant.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so this is some a TikToker named a power mood, and so this I just pulled these from some of those.
Speaker 2: But is it better to say I apologize versus I'm sorry?
Speaker 1: I think so. Like I think, if you're late, you say you're sorry.
Speaker 2: I be apologized for being tardy.
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 2: I think so.
Speaker 3: But if you do the other thing, it kind of just acknowledges that you're taking up people's times, but it gives you the impression that you're on top of things.
Speaker 1: So I don't know, it depends. Maybe you don't want to say you're late to.
Speaker 3: Like your bosses like so it makes it look like you're, you know, not responsible.
Speaker 2: I think the first step for me would be just to stop saying I'm sorry a third of the time. I'm about to say it exactly and see where that takes me. Right, Yeah, everyone says to me, and I kind of wish I did do it early on in my life, right down journal, personal, professional. You know, it seemed like a laborious task and still to this day does seem that way. But I do, in hindsight wish I wrote a journal. Kept the journal throughout the last few decades of my life. Yeah, because you can't remember everything, Noah, and you go back and read it. It's it's good and they say it's really healthy too, right.
Speaker 3: It really is. I journaled ever since probably sixth grade. Those journals are not as juicy as the ones from high school in college. But even when I got into like my career, I journaled a little bit. I know I journaled the first time I filled in for Ellen k and.
Speaker 1: Worked with you.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I did.
Speaker 1: I remember coming home to.
Speaker 2: Read that I should find it.
Speaker 1: Huh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we'd like to read what the experience was truly like.
Speaker 7: And then when I met Michael, I kind of stopped journaling.
Speaker 2: And I don't know if it was like, well, he sucks it on you, he just sucks a lot.
Speaker 3: Maybe it was that, but it was also I think I journaled to release like boy frustration, you know. I was just like sometimes I was just like, oh this guy, it's not working out with him, or we're breaking up at whatever. But it's like when I met Michael, we probably journaled for for a few.
Speaker 2: Entries and then I don't need to write this down.
Speaker 1: I don't need to yeah, but I kind of wish I still continued.
Speaker 2: So there's a journal feature on the iPhone, but what's the story?
Speaker 3: So you may have and I don't want to like call out my thea, but I feel like the older generation is kind of posting these scary alerts on Facebook or you might have seen it on Instagram even, but it's it's basically saying that if you have this thing toggled on your iPhone for journaling, then people around you can have access to all of your info and everyone. Of course, I was one of the first people to like panic and go in and see if my thing was toggled on, and sure enough it was.
Speaker 1: Then I turned it off.
Speaker 3: But then as I read more articles, fortunately it's nothing that.
Speaker 1: We actually have to worry about. What it is.
Speaker 3: It's this discoverable by others for the journaling app. So there's I don't know if you noticed that with a new iOS update maybe even this last few rounds, it added this journal app.
Speaker 2: I didn't know that because I don't I don't play with all the new toys. The only thing I notice my font is different.
Speaker 1: Yes exactly.
Speaker 3: So it sounds scary, but it's like nothing that we need to really be stressing over.
Speaker 1: It's just people around you if they want to.
Speaker 3: If you want to be discovered in order to like co journal with other people, then it would work. But if you want to still turn it off, it's in your settings.
Speaker 2: Out, you've got to go turn it off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Privacy and Security section. You just go there and you toggle it off so that you're not searchable.
Speaker 1: Basically, hold on, let.
Speaker 2: Me see if I even have it? Which iOS am I on? Tops? Which iOS am I on?
Speaker 12: Do?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: And you see?
Speaker 3: I have no idea, So go to your settings and then you down. No, I did that it was you know, it's a separate area. Go to Privacy and Security section.
Speaker 2: I don't have that, kay, okay, then what okay? So click on that I did.
Speaker 1: And then scroll down and then you'll see.
Speaker 3: Journaling, suggestions, suggestions and then right there discoverable.
Speaker 2: But yeah, so it's on, it's on, it's turning off right now, it's off there. Yeah, you guys could see my journals.
Speaker 3: It does not reveal your name or location or even anything like that to others nearby, but I.
Speaker 1: Still don't want it on.
Speaker 2: I also feel like, can the iOS keep things off until I turn them on?
Speaker 12: Right?
Speaker 7: Should turn them on?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Exactly for me?
Speaker 7: Yeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Uh? And is everyone's phone working equally as well as it always has because now there's a new phone out and that always stories stories that like now they glitch because there's a new phone that they wait to get.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, it happens.
Speaker 3: Your apps will start glitching or your battery doesn't battery.
Speaker 1: The whole day, and you know it's a conspiracy.
Speaker 2: Does anyone have the new phone, the new Apple phone?
Speaker 7: No, my old one is just on the fritz.
Speaker 2: I don't know. But apparently the camera's insane.
Speaker 1: They always are.
Speaker 2: My cameras a greasy.
Speaker 7: That's that's a user error.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but it's always greasy. I don't know. No matter how much I clean it, it's always greasy. You guys have greasy cameras in the back room. A greasy camera. No, I have a.
Speaker 3: Weird obsession with cleaning my lens before any pictures.
Speaker 8: You keep your phone in your kitchen while you're filming all your food stuff? You do have a thod or an octabudy.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm not getting an octobudy.
Speaker 7: I sent you an octabudy that.
Speaker 2: You don't know, I don't know what an octabudy is.
Speaker 7: I sent you one to your house so that you could use it.
Speaker 1: Who knows where that thing is?
Speaker 2: Now? What's it called an octobudy? Probably sad the name and it was afraid. Yeah.
Speaker 8: It's like the thing that you put on the back of your phone and it's sticky and you can stick it to like your.
Speaker 2: Oct that's great. I can't find it.
Speaker 7: I got you a black one, like I really.
Speaker 2: It's it's in my kitchen drum. Going to look for it, all right, anyway, So turn off a journaling thing if you don't want people to read your stuff. Laura, good morning, How are you?
Speaker 1: Good morning?
Speaker 13: Well?
Speaker 6: How are you?
Speaker 2: Hi, Laura, I'm super good, super charged for this. So you know, Tony's getting married, Ruby's getting married. Apparently collect may have gotten engaged. I forgot to check in and Laura, your fiance and you cannot agree on what, you know, I love.
Speaker 6: Him so much, but we just cannot agree on like the basic wedding details of how big our wedding is going to be. You know, I would really love, you know, all my family and friends to come celebrate us. And the more we talked about it. The more I realized he is he wants a small, intimate wedding, and it just that changes everything from where we have it to the you know, flowers, just like every detail. So we just can't get on the same page.
Speaker 2: So does this Does this symbolize a bigger, broader, greater issue in your dynamic relationship future?
Speaker 14: I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't.
Speaker 6: I don't know. I didn't think about it until this moment. I thought we were totally in sync, you know, the engagement was perfect, and so did it have this come up kind of at the last minute. I just I'm not sure what to make of it.
Speaker 3: Are you guys arguing about everything or is it just the guest list?
Speaker 6: No, it's just, yeah, like the big thing of like we can't even start arguing about this, you know, really the small stuff because we're still on square one of arguing about that. He wants, you know, a small intimate wedding just immediate family, and you know, I want something a little bit bigger than that. I'm saying a huge three hundred person wedding, but maybe one hundred people, you know, and we just can't get quite past that.
Speaker 2: So Tanya effect, this is most targeted to relate to you in the moment. What guidance do you have and what do you make of it?
Speaker 8: I think at the end of the day, it's all a compromise, you know. I think it's hard to completely agree with somebody one hundred percent all the time. And if you want a bigger wedding and he wants a smaller wedding, maybe you guys can get a number together and then kind of meet in the middle.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, so, or maybe the venue now that you're saying that, maybe like the venue can help us dictate, you know, he really wants something like out in the open, and so maybe that will help.
Speaker 8: Yeah, maybe you can find like the venue of his dreams and it can fit a lot of people and you can be like, oh my gosh, imagine all of our friends and family in this venue that you love so much.
Speaker 6: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: Totally.
Speaker 2: So good luck with the compromise. That's kind of a key term here.
Speaker 3: It's not uncommon to be stressed and argued during this process.
Speaker 1: Just make sure he's the right one.
Speaker 2: Well, good luck, Laura. I know to me again, I don't want to be an alarmist, and I have no experience in these situations. But sometimes I think, is that the universe?
Speaker 1: It's extreme thinking to think that it shouldn't.
Speaker 2: Be the Is it pragmatic?
Speaker 1: It shouldn't be that difficult.
Speaker 3: And also they should have discussed this before they even got engaged, like what type of wedding would you own?
Speaker 7: But I think things change.
Speaker 8: I think things change after you get engaged because you realize how much money and time and effort you're putting into this. So it like exacerbates things because you start seeing numbers and you're like, Okay, if I'm going to spend this much money, I want it to be what I want it to be.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It blisps sounds so exciting. So over the course of the years, we talked about a lot of scams, and they seem to be more and more prevalent. I know, my phone rings all the time with numbers that I just ignore. Places. Sometimes it's it looks like my number, other times it's places that I just don't I know, I don't know anybody in Cedar Falls or you know, whether it's coming in from Our.
Speaker 3: Phones are getting smarter though, because it does tell me this is a spam call, so I won't.
Speaker 1: Pick it up.
Speaker 2: Also, sometimes when I get emails from the staff here, it says you don't often get emails from this person. Do you have that?
Speaker 7: No, I don't have that at all.
Speaker 2: Mark, do you have that on your iPhone?
Speaker 11: Not?
Speaker 2: Have that?
Speaker 1: Wows a feature?
Speaker 2: That a feature in my leg it just it identifies as somebody doesn't normally email me. I've never seen that.
Speaker 1: Maybe those are actually legit scams.
Speaker 2: No, No, it's like people that we know. It's people that like I know, and not everyth email but not people I'd never email or talked to you. But it says you don't often see an email from this person anyway. Wow, Ciciny is in the middle. Have you heard she's caught up in the middle of a big scam? Right now? I am, yeah, and I looks legit.
Speaker 1: I'm a victim of beating scammed.
Speaker 2: But let's be clear about what has happened. Someone or somebody, people whatever are posing as you and trying to say that you can win cash.
Speaker 3: Right Siciny, Yes, So I actually got a DM on Instagram from one of our lovely listeners, Leslie, and she said, Hey, I just wanted to know if this is real or not.
Speaker 1: And so when I looked at the DM and checked everything.
Speaker 3: It was basically screenshots of a fake Siciny account on Facebook, and it had messaged her saying, Hey, Leslie, congratulations, you were selected as the winner of my event.
Speaker 1: Visit my profile now, thank you very much.
Speaker 2: But then it gets harry for it asks for a lot of different clicks and things, and you start, I mean, go through the list of what this scam's asking people to do.
Speaker 3: And they even took our like our picture, our picture of payer bills, and they put it in there that.
Speaker 2: They took actually the promo campaign photography with the logos and everything. I mean, it looks real, except all these things they want you.
Speaker 3: To do, right, They say, go my page, like my post register here, click on the link. Then you'll get a receipt, then you can comment, and then you do this and then you can win a thousand dollars of them. I'm like, this is oh my gosh, it's so lengthy and it's face.
Speaker 2: So did you okay, So if anybody got this from siciny show.
Speaker 1: Yeesh Sicity Show.
Speaker 3: That's the name of the account on Facebook. But it has all my pictures on there, and you go through it's it looks I get I can see how you could think that it's real.
Speaker 2: So did it go to a lot of people or fifty people?
Speaker 11: So far?
Speaker 3: Just one person reached out to me, but I have no idea who else it's gone to.
Speaker 1: So I kind of wanted to bring it up.
Speaker 3: And in case you guys see it, it don't take on anything. I've reported it. But my dad's Facebook got hacked and nothing.
Speaker 2: Told your dad about it. I haven't told my dad about it, No, I said, he reported to your father.
Speaker 3: No, But my poor dad his account got hacked like months ago and it was all bad.
Speaker 2: My mom's as well. Yeah, so all right, Well that the sisiny if you are seeing her one thousand dollars cash prize giveaway is a scam. We do pay your bills here on the air, and I'm authenticating this is us. This is not an AI voice. I want to grab Rachel here, who's been to hold for a second. Here's a Rachel. Good morning, Rachel. How are you doing?
Speaker 9: I'm good?
Speaker 15: Thanks?
Speaker 6: How are you great?
Speaker 2: So you're calling about a friend of yours who got cheated on? Yes, what happened? And how can we help?
Speaker 9: So my friend recently proposed to his boyfriend, but my friends and I are having a hard time feeling excited or happy for him because last year's boyfriend teated on him and it was.
Speaker 15: Devastating from friend because they've been dating for years and years, and after he found out about the cheating, he was heartbroken. My friend ended up mending things with his boyfriend and they've been together ever since.
Speaker 9: And now my friend proposed, So it was kind of shocking, and he didn't tell anyone he was going to do it, and he only sent us pictures after the proposal. In our group CHET, they're just trying to get us to celebrate, and we want to support our friend and be happy for him. But now that we know that fiance cheated orthing to be happy or support.
Speaker 2: Oh wait, so does he yeah, exactly, he knows that he was cheated on by the person he just proposed to. Yes, okay, so your friend, friend, your your pal. He went through it. He forgave his partner at the time, right, and they moved on and now he's proposed. I mean, look, you can't really be in their shoes. And if everybody knows about it and they made the choice to move past it, then that's their prerogative and it looks like they're trying to move on and celebrate hopefully a new chapter.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's hard of a friend to view your own their relationships differently, harder what happened.
Speaker 2: It'd be harder if you knew that his partner cheated, but he didn't know and he proposed. That would be a real twist. This one is their choice. They're in it, their relationship. They decided to move past it. What can we do.
Speaker 3: I know a couple that went through this and then ended up getting engaged and married and all that, and they seem very happy. But like if I was sitting in here dwelling on it, or that's going to take years off your life.
Speaker 2: Rachel, and you can't control it. They made a decision, so I think it embraced their happiness. If they're happy now, I.
Speaker 9: Agree, Okay, I guess that's their.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you very much. It wo'd be trickier. We've had the calls like that where the partner didn't know and there was a proposal and the friends saying, hey, I have some information, do I tell.
Speaker 16: Ya?
Speaker 2: Horrible? You just never know what anybody's going through. And if they decide that they can make it work. And they want to try again start over. Then, yeah, that's their decision.
Speaker 1: On air with Ryan Seacrest.
Speaker 2: Let's get to some of these talkbacks. You know, you can go inside the free i HET radio app. It's a great way to listen to the show and not miss anything if you're on the go and send us a talkback message with the microphone, the red microphone that's inside the page we got. Then these are gonna be all over the map. I think let's start with this one. Last week, we had a hack that hotel lobbies are the best place to use the bathroom when you're on a road trip. Susie and Santa Monica actually tried this. Here's Susie time. I used the.
Speaker 16: Bathroom at a hotel lobby and I felt so guilty about it that I pretended like I was there to look at their wedding venue. And then they ended up sending me home with like ten packets of information about the and it wasn't even engaged for dating anybody.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they got to play out the charade, right. Let's see Kelly and Orange County knows why avocados sometimes taste buttery. I've talked about avocado. Sometimes I get an avocado. Get very excited about my Avocado's got no avocado flavor. It's done. It's just it's cream but cream of air, but cream of not air. Could but it's no flavor.
Speaker 10: Good morning.
Speaker 4: You were mentioning the buttery flavor on avocados.
Speaker 5: A lot of them have to do with grown.
Speaker 4: Versus getting produced.
Speaker 5: Veggies and fruit as a store.
Speaker 10: So that buttery flavor.
Speaker 15: You will get that if you.
Speaker 4: Have homegrown avocados, But if you've gotten them in the store, not so much.
Speaker 2: No, I don't have an avocado tree, so I get one.
Speaker 1: I think that checks out.
Speaker 3: My parents avocados are like the creamiest buttery.
Speaker 2: And they and they're green and they get that real flavor. All right, Well, thank you for that. This is Natalie here. We also talked about someone dating their ex'es mom. We asked if that really happens. Remember that story you did, Tanya?
Speaker 7: Yeah, no one cyrus.
Speaker 2: So here's what she said.
Speaker 13: Now, guys, I just want to say, I've been listening to you guys for twenty years.
Speaker 16: I love you.
Speaker 13: About that thing. They're saying if a guy has dated his exes mom. Unfortunately that kind of happened to me. But if we weren't together, me and him, and he was my age. And then I caught him with my mom and really really destroyed our relationship. And then he left her. Of course.
Speaker 2: Wow, so they were together and then he hooked up with her mom. Well, Natalie, thank you for calling. I can understand how that would damage some relationships.
Speaker 1: Wow, coming back from that, All right, let's go.
Speaker 2: Now, let's just wrap it up here with Tony. So, Tony, he's back. This is the guy that reached out to Tubbs it wants to get on the jiu jitsu mat with him. Would you call it roll around or someth would you say, yep? Roll around? All right, Well he's back. He's not taking no for an answer, and I think he's on his way out here. Let's see, this is Tony from Virginia wants to book a trip to go play jiu jitsu with Tubs.
Speaker 12: Tony from Virginia Beach, Ryan, Bro, you should absolutely go with Tubs to a jiu jitsu class and try it out. I'm telling you you'll be hooked, not heel hooked, just don't.
Speaker 2: You'll love it.
Speaker 12: It's a workout you're not used to, and you'll just you'll be exhausted.
Speaker 2: He sounds like bigger than I am, for sure, and stronger than I am for sure.
Speaker 1: What is st hooked?
Speaker 2: Yeah? What is that?
Speaker 1: You started cracking up?
Speaker 2: You really got it.
Speaker 10: There's a little insider pun there. He'l hook is a type of submission where you're basically just trying to break the person's knee.
Speaker 2: This is like a It's a serious discipline, right, I mean it's very hard. I've actually been to some places where people are doing this, and it's really the amount of energy that you exert, right, I mean it's really a lot. Yeah. Yeah, it's crazy. It's like.
Speaker 10: I just did a trial and I got hooked. As Tony said, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Knowed his girlfriend. Do they have a Matt in the garage? We thank you for those talkback all right, very excited. Let me grab Sam and send Gabriel before anything else. Sam, good morning morning Ryan. How can we help you? It sounds not good?
Speaker 14: Yeah, I just I don't really know what to do about this situation. I'm kind of freaked out about the whole thing. I don't know, but my few the future father in law meant by it. But I recently asked my girlfriend's parents if it was okay with them, if I know, proposed and eventually got married. But when I did, my future father in law kind of looked at me and said, well, I don't know why you'd want to do that, but good luck.
Speaker 2: Well that's you know, discouraging.
Speaker 14: It was just kind of it was just a little jar. It seemed it seemed pretty serious. I don't know, marriage, no comment.
Speaker 2: Because maybe he's referring to like I made this mistake.
Speaker 7: However, it is harsh.
Speaker 2: It's harsh, it's not little like I'm discouraged by it, and it makes me think, well, they don't like me.
Speaker 14: Yeah, I mean we've we've been dating for a few years, so I thought we got along or maybe yeah, maybe he.
Speaker 3: Just wants to make sure that you're really serious about it and going to go the distance.
Speaker 14: Hopefully that's it. I mean I am pretty serious. I love her a lot, but just the way he said it, like, yeah.
Speaker 2: I don't love it. Have you talked to your girlfriend about it?
Speaker 14: Yeah? We talked about it.
Speaker 2: And what did she say?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 14: She she is just as confused and as I am was. She was weirded out when I told her about it.
Speaker 3: I think she should just have a conversation with him separately, then maybe she can get to the bottom of it if there's something deeper.
Speaker 2: But I also feel like you may never win them over.
Speaker 1: Oh I don't think that.
Speaker 13: Well.
Speaker 2: I mean, this guy sounds like he's got an issue.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's about him though.
Speaker 7: I don't think so either.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe it's because he's not happy in his own I don't know, but Sam, I guess well, he.
Speaker 3: Could have just panicked too, Like dads just sometimes don't know what to say. Like when Michael asked for my dad's hand in marriage. My dad was like great and everything, but then he's like, you know, Mike.
Speaker 2: Asked for your dad's hand.
Speaker 3: In, Man, I'm sorry for my hand in.
Speaker 2: That's a twist.
Speaker 3: But he basically told Michael, you know, Sisani's really tough, like almost like trying to scare Michael off.
Speaker 2: He still came back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, uh, you know, maybe he just didn't really know how to put his words together.
Speaker 2: I think you're doing the elegant, very gentleman thing, which is going this path, and if you hit a dead end, you still love her, then you do you need to do for your heart? Buddy.
Speaker 14: I think you're right. Yeah, Oh good luck man.
Speaker 2: All right, you can mit in there, take care of that, Thank.
Speaker 14: You, thank you, good bye.
Speaker 2: I'd be I mean, I kind of would know going in right what the parents might feel or think and just go for it. But it would also be really disheartening, discouraging.
Speaker 8: I mean, at least he didn't say no, yeah, and it sounds like he's projecting like he's like not happily married, and he's.
Speaker 2: Like oh, and then I turn it and say, well, listen, sir, I mean, do you want to talk? Yeah, do you want to talk about what's going on here with you and the missus? Because if you're this cynical about our love and ours is young love hoping for a big future. If you're saying about it, let's talk about what you're projecting here. Sit down here? What can I buy you? Right by your dad? Tomorrow we are back with a Ryan's roses. She's afraid her husband is cheating, and it all centers around a unique Lakers jacket that's at seven forty. Thanks everybody, have a good day. Bye, Thanks for listening to On Air with Ryan Seacrest. Make sure to subscribe and we'll talk to you again. Tomorrow,