Speaker 1: The second date of date. You've ever been just casually hanging out with someone when suddenly they start to give you a vibe and you think, wait a second, do they think that this is a date?
Speaker 2: Oh? Oh, you're not excited about it. I was excited.
Speaker 1: It was just like unexpected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, because you didn't think it was a date.
Speaker 1: Because it happens to me all the time. I'm just doing my thing in studio and then Brooke will slide her scarf blanket to the side and show me a little extra shoulder and lower her glasses down her nose, and I'm like, hold up, does Brook think that this is a date?
Speaker 4: I definitely do.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, because you're married first of all us, I'm young enough to be your son, so that's not gonna happen.
Speaker 3: If I slide my glasses down just because my face got a little sweaty.
Speaker 1: That's all really okay. I understand I make you in all sorts of ways, but you need to get over for it. Because one of our listeners found himself in an unexpected romantic situation. He's asking us for help today. His name is Julian. Julian, Welcome to the show Man.
Speaker 5: Hey, how's it going.
Speaker 3: We'll like you to have the expert in Jeffrey on with you.
Speaker 1: Julian, you don't think this is a date now because I tend to have that effect on people.
Speaker 2: Brook is showing a lot of old shoulder.
Speaker 3: Julian, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's focus not on each other, and let's focus on the lady you want us to call to day. Who's she?
Speaker 5: So? Her name is Abby And the date that you're talking about was unexpected, you know it was that actually happened like in real life, wasn't off of an app like every other date.
Speaker 2: Oh whoa cool you are?
Speaker 3: Like, you're a rare man on this segment. Yeah, where'd you meet?
Speaker 1: Throwback?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was on a work break and I went to grab some coffee, you know, downstairs, and there's a coffee shop right across the street and barista is like, make my drink and she offers to give it to me for free.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, Like, I know, how good do you look that day?
Speaker 5: I mean, hey, you know, I guess I remember to shave or something.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so is Abby the barista?
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no, no, she's not so yeah. So so I was a little surprised, but then I looked behind me and there's this really cute girl which is Abby behind me, and so I tell the brista, okay, well I'd like to buy her drink.
Speaker 3: Wow, just shatter the barista's dreams.
Speaker 2: And I think she was probably hitting on you. But you forward, yeah, that's right, that's.
Speaker 1: Right, that's a good.
Speaker 5: Well she was like, well that's really nice, and so you know, that opened the door for us to talk. And you know, I didn't have that much time on my break, was only like ten minutes or so, but you know, I asked her, like, hey, do you want to go sit outside and drink our coffees? And she said yes. So we did it and it was great. I mean, it was short, but it was great.
Speaker 1: Is this your date?
Speaker 6: Though? Yeah?
Speaker 5: Why are you like this was the date? This is the date?
Speaker 3: It was ten minutes long.
Speaker 1: You don't need drinking in casual sex for it.
Speaker 3: But this is just a meeting, Like I feel like we have forgotten what happens in the real world.
Speaker 1: Really good, just calm down. Maybe we should ask what did you talk about? Was there some flirtation happening? Date vibes?
Speaker 5: There? We we had a great conversation. So you know, I'm a big hockey fan and she's not. But she was like interested in that, and she was like, Oh, isn't it just guys like punching each other all the time. And I was like, no, no, it's like there's a lot more finetse to it.
Speaker 1: And they skate and then punch each other and hit each other with sticks.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Did you like parlay that until we should watch a game together sometime or anything like that?
Speaker 5: So I did not, but I did parlay it into Hey, i'd like to take you on a real date sometimes.
Speaker 2: I'm glad it was. I'd like to punch you in the face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, faith off right now, although that would be more a Brooks Sally for style.
Speaker 2: Oh I'll punch a man whenever you want.
Speaker 1: It doesn't mean it. I mean it sounds a good a good connection, even if it was a short amount of time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly. And that's what's so bizarre, because I have texted her a few times since then. When I called it, like, I heard her voice on the voice announce I know it's like her actual number. I don't know if I just totally misread the situation, or maybe she has a boyfriend. I don't know, but I'm very confused.
Speaker 3: Did she give you her number after you said I'd like to take you on a date sometime? Yes, So yeah, that's been pretty direct, and then she knows the intent the number giving.
Speaker 1: I mean, aside from hockey, did you guys talk about anything else?
Speaker 2: Hopefully?
Speaker 5: We talked about breaking bad and Better Call Saul.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen Better Call Saul yet.
Speaker 1: One of the most erotic shows on TV for sure, The Lawyer. Yeah, that bald spot gets me. Was there a hug or was there a kiss or.
Speaker 2: A physical vibe?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, was she playing with her hair? Was she smiling? Was there a lot of eye contact? Was there no eye contact?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: No, there was a lot of eye contact. She was playing with her hair. She was smiling.
Speaker 3: So wait, I forget You've reached out and she hasn't called you back at all. How long is that?
Speaker 5: It's been about a week?
Speaker 3: Oh too long?
Speaker 1: That long?
Speaker 2: But she just forgot. It wasn't a very good forget.
Speaker 5: I mean I left her a message, so I don't know how she could forget.
Speaker 3: Oh, it takes me more than a week to check my voicemails. There for at least three weeks before I actually listen.
Speaker 1: But I texted, okay, well, and let us try giving her a call. Maybe she'll answer from a number that's completely unrecognizable. We might have better luck there. We're going to play a song. Who knows. Try, We're going to play a song. Come back, try and get your second date update Right after this, some of us are clearly flustered in studio today after hearing about Julian's first date with Abbey, which, to Brooks shock and horror, involved no drinking, no cooking, drugs in any back alley sheds, and no fluids exchanged except for the coffee that he bought her after they met.
Speaker 3: Sure, I always bring fertilizer to my dates and some coughs, but I'm not saying that everybody has to do that. It's just strange, like it's ten minutes and they it's a chance meeting in a coffee show.
Speaker 1: I know, it's crazy. People can have a romantic connection just talking to each other.
Speaker 3: How is that crazy that we're considering it a date?
Speaker 1: Anyway, did give me a good idea for the coffee shop fluid exchange?
Speaker 2: I like interesting crowd. I feel like you're.
Speaker 3: Going to be a quad guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, definitely, what's crowdfund this? Then, but before that, we got to talk to Julian because it's been a week since that date happened. He's having trouble locking down date number two.
Speaker 5: I have to say, I mean, I just felt such a strong connection with Abby, you know, I mean, it's like, how often do you have something like this happened? It just felt like a really great connection. So I'd love to see her again.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I think it's a good sign that she gave you her phone number, like I said, after you had mentioned that you want to take her out, take her.
Speaker 4: Out, yeah, you said, yeah, and a real number, Yeah, yeah, exactly, because if she was in a relationship and she just didn't realize that she needed to tell you that, then a fake number would have sufficed.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, well, now's the time to get all those answers. We're going to dial her number and double check if it's real, and then ask why she's not calling you back to get another date.
Speaker 5: All right, all right, thanks, Jeff.
Speaker 2: Are you going to ask her if she wants to invest in the fluid exchange?
Speaker 1: Well, let's program. I'll get to that obviously, But obviously we're going to focus on Jewelian here here. Hello, Hey, is.
Speaker 6: This Abby and it is yes.
Speaker 1: Hey, Ibby. My name is jeff from a morning radio show you may or may not have heard of called Brook and Jeffrey in the Morning.
Speaker 6: Okay, that's okayby, are we on air?
Speaker 1: We are look at you term.
Speaker 2: Here?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you have a background in broadcasting?
Speaker 6: I did an internship in high school.
Speaker 2: You want to run the board more experienced at Alexis. That's true, So.
Speaker 1: I don't know, it's a I don't know if you did this at the place where you interned. But we have a segment on our show called second Date Update.
Speaker 6: No, I'm I'm not familiar with that.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well it's pretty simple. Basically, one of our listeners reaches out to us after they can't get a hold of somebody they went on a date with, and they want to know why. And you are the person we're reaching out to because you met up with a guy named Julian the other day.
Speaker 3: Okay, I mean it was a quick meeting.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I remember, I remember Julian.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Yeah, Julian told us that he thought you're really cute, thought that things were going well when you were chatting with each other and he was hoping to see you again. He doesn't really understand why that isn't coming to fruition.
Speaker 6: Wait, so he's he's asking you to find out why I didn't call him, right, because.
Speaker 1: You're not really responding to him.
Speaker 3: Is there a reason or is it just you know, it's only been a week, maybe you haven't had time.
Speaker 6: I mean I saw that he called, and I've been just kind of thinking about it.
Speaker 3: But I mean, oh, you're like on the fence.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, kind of on the fence about it.
Speaker 1: Okay, can we ask why? Like what are you on the fence about?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know, like what he told you about. Get it wasn't a date. I mean like we we met in.
Speaker 7: The line at the coffee shop and the grassa gave him his coffee for free, and she said thank you for your work, thank you for the work that you do.
Speaker 5: And he was he was wearing scrubs.
Speaker 3: Oh oh okay, he's like a doctor.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah, yeah, I agree to do the doctor or you know, just did something in healthcare.
Speaker 3: Okay, we didn't know that, So that's cool, Like you wouldn't want to date somebody like that?
Speaker 6: No, No, I mean I did think that was cool. I thought that was definitely worth taking a couple of minutes getting to know him better. You know, when he was like, Heyle, you want to go sit out, find and half our coffees.
Speaker 2: I'm in between brain surgery?
Speaker 6: Is it?
Speaker 3: I only have ten minutes between bedpants?
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: I mean for most women hearing that would be the absolute green light to definitely see them again.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: I mean, it either means he was really successful or he's really good hearted, like one of those two.
Speaker 1: So where's the disconnect happening?
Speaker 6: Well, he talked about his work a little bit, but he was talking about like how much he loved his work, and he was saying that sometimes he can get really close to his patients and he just loved being able to help his patients and make them happy. And I was and I was thinking, that's really really cool. I got a great vibe from that medical field. Yeah, that's what I'm thinking, right, And then he asked me for I'm my number and said he'd like to kick me out. I gave him that and and we parted ways, and I was getting to my car and I was just that look back. I was kind of watching him, and he was walking across the street going back into his work, and he he went into one of those waxing salons, like antic place, like yeah, like the way they do like Brazilian wax. No, like a Brazilian. I didn't even know those guys worst clubs.
Speaker 3: I've never even had a male do that. I close, he's never walked out a waxing place and seeing.
Speaker 1: A dude, I didn't know that was a career option.
Speaker 6: Immediately, I thought of him saying, yeah, I get really close to my patients.
Speaker 5: And I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 6: That just made me go, oh, maybe he.
Speaker 2: Just maybe he just met physically close.
Speaker 1: I'll thank you for sharing that with us, But there is kind of an awkward part that I need to get to here, and it's best to probably just rip it off real quick and let you know that Julian has actually been on the other line listening this entire time, and he wants to talk to you.
Speaker 5: Yeah. I mean I just think this whole Hi, I yeah, this whole conversation. I mean it's just so it's so pathetic because you know, no legitimate profession.
Speaker 2: Oh, I don't think anyone to say that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 5: Trying to being a doctor. Frankly speaking, I mean I had to go fourteen hours of online webinars to get my state hold on.
Speaker 1: Did you just say that being a wax technician is as legitimate as being a doctor.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I'm very proud of my work. I make people's lives better. And also the whole women thing. I mean, there are men who come to our practice as well. You know, I've seen it on I've seen naked men as well. You know, I'm a professional.
Speaker 2: Good for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, we didn't mean I mean, honestly though, we didn't mean to insult your profession. I think what she's saying is that she just had one impression and then it was just totally different. So she just needed a minute to kind of reconcile that for a week.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, you know, you shouldn't be making assumptions. I mean, it's not like I said that I just got off operating on someone's heart.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 5: I mean, you you can assume based on things, but you know what they say about assumptions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, he wasn't operating on hearts. He was shaving a triangle, yeah, exactly, which takes a lot of skill.
Speaker 3: Could have been a landing strip.
Speaker 1: Well yeah, I mean hours of studying to get to it.
Speaker 5: You guys are joking about it, but it's super hard to do. I mean it's very sensitive that skin, that area.
Speaker 1: You know, we're not trying to insult anybody's profession here, We just wanted to get the two of you talking. So Abby, why don't you talk directly to Julian here?
Speaker 6: Okay, So I ago with what they're saying, Like it was not I wasn't intending to insault your profession. I just I think I felt a little bit misled. And I don't know, I think maybe if you're in that like that's the kind of thing that and I know we didn't have a ton of time, but is it kind of thing that would be good to know?
Speaker 5: I mean, honestly, grow up, Like seriously, I kind of agree.
Speaker 2: With him on that line.
Speaker 1: What are you talking about?
Speaker 3: I mean, it's just like if you see it every day, it's not like he's looking at it in a sexual way like the body part exactly. I agree with him on that, just on that piece, Like.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I look it up every day and it is never.
Speaker 3: Getting it is the purpose, the intent is different.
Speaker 1: I heard that Abbey was impressed with what he can do. Isn't that right?
Speaker 6: Actually I didn't say impressed. I said I felt a little misled.
Speaker 1: Well, those are mostly the same letters in those arranging.
Speaker 5: The same Well, you know, I guess I should start putting it on my forehead that I.
Speaker 3: Wax like you.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's because she's my customer. That's why she gave me the free drink.
Speaker 2: So much.
Speaker 1: A satisfied customer, clearly.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeahstomers five stars.
Speaker 2: Oh and he can wax stars. I maybe get your number after this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we can. Let's all get waxed together. We'll do a morning show wax and put it up on the broken jeff I think mine's going to take a lot longer than
Speaker 3: Your broken Jeffrey in the morning.