Speaker 1: You say, Luray in the week that you're treating this as a must win? Did did? Was there a different sense of urgency going into this one?
Speaker 2: I think there was. Yeah, you obviously want to bring a high sense of urgency every game, but when your backs are against the wall, it kind of brings it out of you. And and I'm just glad we when the momentum swung there, we we stuck with it. And that was kind of the message all week. We got the win.
Speaker 1: In this kind of situation with your backs against them?
Speaker 2: What is it about this kind of quart uncle, guys that allows you to meet the moment? And yeah, I mean we could definitely do better all around. We kind of let let teams back in it. But we've been through so many situations and so many different games that were experienced and that helps in this league.
Speaker 1: Not you the special teams gives a touchdown and then they get the ball back and they score again. Tell me one for a game? Is it? The conversation you're having on the sidelines.
Speaker 2: Is what's kind of we just kind of talked about good or bad, keep that same even keel next play mentality and and it was crucial to to do that there. Yea in a pretty good time to what I was. Yeah, kind of one of my worst rushers of the day. So thankfully he held it a little bit and through to through to him. But I'm happy for him. He's he's uh a Florida kids, so I always pull for them, and uh, he's very, very talented, and we got to see it tonight.
Speaker 1: Said back in the spring, had a chance that the rookie class was gonna be pretty good. Did did you get that sense at any point you know, during the off season summer?
Speaker 2: For sure? Yeah, kind of right away in the preseason they were popping. Obviously, it's a different deal when you're playing in real games, and they showed up tonight.
Speaker 1: How do you feel about just how pressure the past rush of the coverage.
Speaker 2: I think our back end probably had one of their best games and we needed it. Uh, And yeah, I mean we rushed, we got pressure. Obviously, we want to get them down and we had some opportunities there, but uh, we got the win.
Speaker 1: In the I mean, how can you guys parlay this role?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's huge. Obviously, this was a big one to get and now we have a little time to get some guys healthy and then yeah, I mean we have a long road ahead, and it starts with the team that we haven't beat yet since I've been here, So definitely trying to get the monkey off back with that one.
Speaker 1: You find out before the game that money Camp is going JP lose, you know, and basically in the first half you got rookies and other guys backups out there touching the ball and playing keeper roles. At some point a you're thinking, how are we doing this?
Speaker 2: Is no? I mean I think everybody's anybody with a uniform on could play well. And Thursday night games are tough. Uh, there's definitely your legs feel it, especially when it's a battle like that and there's so many people going in and out that I can't even keep track. But but I didn't know JP got hurt, but I saw him rotating all the running backs. So I'm proud of the guys. It's been huge. He's a great veteran leader, and obviously with Grave down, having him has been a mass of thing for us. And he could rush. He plays a run really well, so it's been been good.
Speaker 1: Next, had you fourteen quarterback pressures?
Speaker 2: Did it feel that way? Yeah? I felt that way. It's it's a finishing business, especially when you're me and you're expected to finish. There's a couple of close ones there where it was almost ball out, came over and I just got to keep going. It's a long ear and just look at the tape and and try and finish those because that's what players like me need to do. Yeah, I mean it's good to hit the quarterback obviously, but you want to get there. You want to you want to finish for your team.