Speaker 1: Ladies and gentlemen, Welcome to another episode of The Bus with the Boys Spring Tour. We are in ASU, but before we get started, we must talk to you about the most durable, reliable vehicle on the road, and that is Chevrolet. Chevrolet is a trusted company that has been innovating for the past one hundred years. Up to now, most electric vehicles have been either too expensive, too small, and too limited in.
Speaker 2: Capabilities for most people.
Speaker 1: Chevalle has committed to making EV's available for all Americans. There is a growing network of public charting stations. There are over nineteen hundred certified Chevy EV dealerships. Chevy has convenient ways to research and shop EV online. EV's for everyone everywhere. You guys need to looking to get one of those, They're bill like, Yeah, there's no question.
Speaker 2: You guys are some big gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I want to apologize to you in advent. I know that you're on team Maroon. Actually that's the good way to start this. How do you feel knowing that you're walking to a game today, probably going to lose, But that's got to be a tough fee.
Speaker 4: I don't I don't ever go into a game thing I'm gonna lose. I'm gonna just I'm gonna just say that first and foremost. But going against my teammates, I'm just gonna make sure that I keep them healthy. So that's that's probably the main thing. I'll disagreed.
Speaker 1: I thought your other teammates on Team Gold and they are not focused on keeping people healthy.
Speaker 4: Well, they're also on the outside. They're not really in the box, like you know what I mean, if I come, if somebody come.
Speaker 2: Across the middle, Jalen, hey, they're gonna get kissed, you.
Speaker 4: Know, doing anything outrageous.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I don't go into no game thing we're gonna lose.
Speaker 1: So you never once in your life went to a football game and thought we're probably not gonna win.
Speaker 2: No play at Washington State, are you sure? Well, I'm pretty sure.
Speaker 4: Even when I was there, I still didn't think we were gonna still gonna lose.
Speaker 2: So still optimistic.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just competitive, right, I mean, yeah, seven and something.
Speaker 2: I don't know. Waitning Nebraska, I think so I transferred.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Okay, there is a level in college when you play in college, Like when I went to Michigan and I was with Rich Rodriguez, and Bratty Hope.
Speaker 2: It was the darkest days in Michigan school history.
Speaker 1: Rich Ron oh Man wild Man, Well, I mean crazy, it wasn't really back then.
Speaker 2: I've never recruited by him out of high school to go to u of A.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and you didn't want to go there. No, that's fair, that is fair to is like that. But when you're in college, like you legit. Never I never once went into a game thinking we were gonna lose. Even looking back on it and seeing like the lack of talent. We had talent that other teams had, like Ohio State, even Michigan State back then, they had crazy talent. So it is one of those deals you never feel like you're going to lose. When he gets to the NFL and you get a little older, you can just kind of start to realize, hey, this seems a lot better than us.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you can see where, you can see where we could be exposed if you're not executing at the highest level you know what I mean, to like eliminate somebody from the game, or you know you can't this team's great in the red zone type of situation, you know what I mean. Yeah, I was all for me it was just it was the one on one matchups out of the backfield. Anytime I felt like I would be isolated on the outside, you know, on the perimeter, it's when my asshole got tight yea. And for me, as long as I could say outside of that, I felt alright, felt good about it.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm talking about. Yes, I understand that feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like especially if you got somebody like say Sakuon bark out.
Speaker 5: Bro, he loves coach Lovesquon, and then they just yell at you like stay inside and you're just like, man, Bro, you don't understand that out here, But this motherfucker it's.
Speaker 4: Like okay, when you're on that field, you got the inside leverage and you see him breaking everything's telling you he's breaking out. But then he does some move that you're like, damn yeah in the middle of the playing like gotta recovery.
Speaker 1: When you guys get into a football game, they're like, what are the biggest levels of stress that you deal with? Is it is it the man the man coverage for you? Is it blocking? Like what do we what is the biggest thing that that affects us? Like we were like, fuck, I hope I don't mess up these couple of things, and then it'll be a good day, probably.
Speaker 6: For me blocking just because you know, I grew up being a receiver, so I never really had to do it. And then coming here said change on mind, so like I had to change my whole mindsets. Like you know, I remember last year I d big Dn was giving me the work at first yeast Lie.
Speaker 3: We almost came back. We had a very slow start, we got a very solo start, but we always came back at.
Speaker 2: Then very slow start.
Speaker 1: Man, So what made you what made you transfer from Washington State to here?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I graduated and I had the choice to either stay or leave. And uh, there were some trust issues that I had with some of the coaches at the other place. But this coaching staff that Delingham brought in a lot of the coaches that I knew at Washington, Like a couple of the defensive coordinators came over here. So Coach Coop and Coach Ward, those were my guys that honestly would tell me the truth in my game. And truth was a big thing for me, especially with coaches because I've seen coaches Moore's family, So when your family member lies to you kind of see them a little bit differently, you know. So the biggest reason why I came was because of that truth aspect, and I know I was going to get something real, Like they were going to tell me something that wasn't just some stuff to tell me so I can end up staying, but they were going to tell me the truth, and that's why I chose here.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jail, and you have a you're a podcaster. Yeah yeah, I see you got a show going on. Talk to us about that a little bit.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, I'm a like a journalism majors. So it was kind of time I always wanted to get into. I never really had the resources to do so until I reached out wait on the podcast for like Phoenix, pH and X and they're like, hey, you're really good at this and I was like thank you, and they're like, would you ever like want to host your owners like I've always wanted to. I mean I've always watched y'all and the Kelsey Brothers and Pat McAfee, So that was kind of like my mind that going into I want to do something similar to that, but obviously from a college perspective, that is playing every week and that you know, like even if like you lose a game on Saturday and you gotta come on Wednesday and talk about it, like you just gotta be it's real life. It's like that was the something I thought'd be cool to get a little different perspective, and it's been successful so far.
Speaker 2: Have you liked it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's been super fun.
Speaker 6: It's like it's funny because it's like it's not like an interview anymore. It's just talking like you're having a conversation with cameras in front of you. So I think that was the biggest difference for me at first, Like the first one was very like robotic, and you know, I was almost like reading off a script. And then finally it got more normal.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get guys like.
Speaker 4: Trey Brown on we get to talk about this And he also said on one of his podcasts that he was being able to guard.
Speaker 6: And because I will I played dB in high school. You're not faster than me. Actually it's close. I'll cover you if you're.
Speaker 1: Waiver a little bit like you sound it when he said, oh shit, he's faster him and then.
Speaker 3: Turns it fast.
Speaker 6: But if I get my hands on if I get my hands on.
Speaker 2: Right way, we could get a one on one line up today.
Speaker 3: We've been telling coach Dilly, we need it.
Speaker 2: We were waiting they going to today.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly, we can make that happen.
Speaker 2: Let me know, the head coaches, let me know.
Speaker 3: I'm ready.
Speaker 2: We'll call it, you know after the chorus, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, you're ready.
Speaker 2: The middle, Yeah, I'm talking to the middle on the house high.
Speaker 6: You're not getting inside and then you're definitely not catching a fade and you're not getting by me.
Speaker 3: It's like, what are you gonna do? What are you gonna do?
Speaker 2: We'll find out right out.
Speaker 6: I'm not saying right this coach said, Okay, let it happen real see.
Speaker 1: Going back to your podcast real Quick, you said it was robotic at first and then started to get feel more and more normal. When did you feel that like transitioning happened. How many episodes are you done?
Speaker 3: Also done? Three? So I just had.
Speaker 6: I did one by myself and then the other one was with my co host and then that dally on the third one. I think I think the second one was where I started to feel it, but the third one where like it was really just a conversation with me and Coach Dellingham and stuff, and it was very normal. We talked about a bunch of fun stuff, you know, we got into like some hot takes. He talked about, you know, start bitch cutting people. Like we just did fun stuff like that, and I think that was where it got more normal for me, as in, like, hey man, this is just fun, like to have a little conversation, you know, stir up a little stirrup a little bit, nothing like professional or anything.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it is there is like having those bits like start bench cut, like those things are always fun things to go into.
Speaker 2: We do like tiar talk and not a never really shout it.
Speaker 1: It's like a fun way to kind of move from conversation to like your own weekly thing that everybody can kind of join into.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think at first it's funny because it's like transitioning, like you start a topic and then like I always wanted to be like, oh yeah, next topic, Like you don't got to say that. It's just like you know, getting into just having a normal conversation talking just like yeah fluid.
Speaker 3: So that's the biggest thing for me. But I got it.
Speaker 2: Now, how long do you want to keep it going.
Speaker 6: I want to go as long as I can. It's every week so far has been more and more views. So like that's why I think the coolest part is I'm starting to I'm going to start having a lot of my teammates song, especially with spring ball being over, is talking about fun stuff, talking about hooping, golfing like stuff like that, because we all, you know, we all find stuff to go do outside uh football, like once it's over during springball. So I want to keep it going. Obviously going to the NFL, like, I'd love to keep it going there, you know, hopefully maybe compete you all a little bit for views, maybe a little bit, just a little bit, a little bit behind, a little bit, a little bit a little bit. But I know y'all got a lot of yours.
Speaker 1: In this podcast where you start off so confident and then you kind of but you know, we don't got to it's not it's not.
Speaker 2: The you know, there's so many eyes and the ears out there. The gold what did you say, that's a gold thing? Yeah, playing the egg games early, don't even buy into that.
Speaker 3: We'll just play ball is exactly. Well, we already talked about it all week. You're ready talk some ship.
Speaker 2: Well, let you guys handle it on the field.
Speaker 5: Deal would be you keep it going, you get to the next level, and everything else it's still going and we just all collab on each other.
Speaker 3: Would be super fun, exactly.
Speaker 2: That is a thing too.
Speaker 1: I feel like the podcast world is not I mean, it can be competitive for other people. For us, it's like there's so many years people listening to multiple ones. It's how you're just die in the hell for one. I can keep moving forward.
Speaker 6: I think that's the coolest thing too. Is like a lot of them, Like even like between you, the Kelsey Russ, Pat McFee y'all, was like them three.
Speaker 3: I watched the most.
Speaker 6: It's just like yard the same, but it's so different, Like you'll have the all the same groceations, but say it's different perspectives everything. So with mine, that's just why I try to keep like minds of players perspective. I'm twenty one years old and still in college. You know, a lot of people ask me questions like sometimes I'm like, I can't answer that right now, but when I get when I'm two years older in the league, I'll answer that question. But I think that's just the coolest thing is like you get a different tier level of perspective.
Speaker 1: It'll be fun to see like your mindset and how you think about things. Bial do you get in only little being able to come back and watch those first three episodes and how you view things then and maybe do this five ten years down the road you can look back and be like, man, I think way differently now than I did back then exactly. But y'all were bringing up you were talking about having the boys on and stuff doing outside of football, golf, hope all that, Like what is like the main selling point for you guys when it comes to ten pe Arizona getting other guys out here.
Speaker 6: For me, I think, like, first of all, you can't beat this weather like Colorado's was practicing like two weeks ago and thirty degree weather or whatever, Like we're it's literally like this all the time. Summer gets hot. But like obviously I think that's like an advantage we get, especially when the season comes around, just getting to work out in that and honestly, like y'all know, like who doesn't love tempy if you've been out that's those ten minutes way, That's all I gotta.
Speaker 4: Say, understand, Samby is a is a one of a kind place. I'd say that for sure, especially from from pum Yeah, where it's under ice and snow and sleep and all that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you were not in the same place. Man. It's a it's a culture shock.
Speaker 6: I think a lot of opportunities too, like the opportunities you can get outside of football around here, just with businesses and like getting like for me, like I got to start a podcast ten minutes away from here in Phoenix, So I think just in terms of that and you know, getting to be around like certain people and just hearing like everyone what they have to say and stuff is like you get hold you can get our podcast, you can you know, you can start working for a company, like I know a lot of guys that have jobs set up already after here that they're going to start living here for the next ten years. So I think that's one of the coolest things about It's just like the metro kind of area about it.
Speaker 5: Trey, what are you looking to accomplish this year that you transferred? You got to kind of go hit the portal, go wherever you wanted to go. What do you individually looking to accomplish?
Speaker 4: Uh, mainly just being the best version of me. Like the individual accolades, all that stuff is good, but I just want to be the best man. I want to be the most dominant me. I want to be a leader that everybody looks up to. I want to be a captain that people know if I'm speaking on something, it means something, and vice versa. I'm just looking to be that teammate that everybody has, that loves and have like that passion for the game, you know, So really just being the best version of me. You know, all the statistics and all that stuff will come with the game, but really just looking to be in the best version of me.
Speaker 5: When what kind of weaknesses do you see that you have that you want to work.
Speaker 4: On, I'd say out in the space obviously, like like we talked about earlier, if we had to guard somebody like Manna, we had to guard somebody like yeah, if we had to guard somebody man on man out in the apex or you know, just something like that in different coverages, that'll be something that I'm like, I'm always working on, especially like right now in the spring, and really that I mean, I'd say that's pretty much it.
Speaker 2: If I can be more roc C.
Speaker 4: If I can be a better coach to you know, other guys that have been on other defense as well, I can improve there too.
Speaker 5: So it always just check Rat. Yeah on the inside. I mean they leave the box, check Rat bring it back in. What do you think, coach Dilly? Yeah, that's a great idea.
Speaker 2: That's a good idea. That's a good idea. What do you guys see the expectation for this season?
Speaker 6: Shoot Rose Bowl? For sure, at the least, I'd be serious when I say it's like last year. You know, obviously we're in a weird situation with coaching, you know, stuff like that, But like we were a really good team. I think obviously there were some pieces missing, and you know, we you know, we just had to deal with a little bit of adversity. But I'm not kid when I say this, like coach Dellingham brought in, like already brought in a culture that's way different and that you know, I've been a ou and I've been here for two years or two different coaches, and it's just way different. This team is more together than I've ever seen any team together. I think we genuinely have a chance to go do that. I mean We were in games last year where you know, we'd be Washington and they were one win away from the playoff. You know, we were in the game with you as see, you know till about the third quarter. I think we can hang with those guys, and you know, with the new pieces we have in the offense and the defense, you know that we're gonna be able to bring out I seriously think we have a chance to do something specially here.
Speaker 2: What do you think is done differently culture wise?
Speaker 5: Being Oklahoma, being two eight coaches here states a lot of different teams, more together than any team you've been on.
Speaker 2: What's what what makes it difference?
Speaker 6: I think the biggest thing is just like getting the players like to do what you know, like it's player led at the end of the day, Like coaches are gorivy here and they're gona tell you what to do at the end of the day.
Speaker 3: Like if the players are not together, then like it's not gonna mean anything.
Speaker 6: I think, you know, us just even being outside going to do stuff together is being around each other or like you know, just having like little events in here, doing team camp, you know where we're going like for the same thing. Like I think a lot of it was, you know, I think something there was individual based stuff before, like when you know previous teams I've been on, which you know, obviously some people are gonna be like that in general everywhere you go. But I think here, you know, it's very it's way less, and I think a lot of it is like, hey, like, if we're gonna win, we got to be successful and we got to work hard. Like his motto is, we got to be the hardest working team in the country, but we gotta have fun, like we're gonna have fun doing it.
Speaker 3: So I think we take that motto and we just run with it.
Speaker 6: You know, if you've seen our practices and everything, you know it's it's super fun, but it's super high paced, it's super physical. So you know, if we got told you know, the team down south isn't working as hard as we are, and you know isn't physical as us.
Speaker 3: So we're gonna keep that mantra going. So love that.
Speaker 2: Boys.
Speaker 1: We I think we're right on in fifteen minutes right now, Do you have any more questions before we want to hang this thing up? Hey, I appreciate it, and y hey, Dylla, you're doing a great job. Out here, buddy, Like, this is different is that guy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He really is that guy down he'd just be saying that because we're in his office.
Speaker 3: Yeah you know what I mean.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, he just walked in, so you know, or he's he's a genuine college seriously, there you go.
Speaker 3: It's just really his dream job.
Speaker 6: Like I remember the first time we talked to him, like he literally came in there, kicked the shoes off and yelling, screaming, crying, like telling us like, this is my dream job. I want to get done here. He told us yesterday like he doesn't want to go. He doesn't want to win here and then go somewhere else. He wants to build something here. So yeah, we believe in that.
Speaker 2: That's awesome.
Speaker 3: That is ours.
Speaker 1: Has always subscribed rate five stars, Big hugs, Pinny kisses, h m hm