Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 2: Cowboys, This is Mick shot streaming live on Dallascowboys dot Com and the official Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Have now Here are Bill Jones, Savannah Humoller, Everson Wolves, and Mickey Spagnola.
Speaker 3: And forty nine ers week starts Now, as Dac would say, here we go.
Speaker 4: You like that, that's his thing.
Speaker 3: That's the same during the game the other night.
Speaker 4: Oh, I didn't know that.
Speaker 5: The other day training camp.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And finally they focused on it because at at and T Stadium you could really hear it on the television broadcast and they actually acknowledged it this night here we go.
Speaker 5: So last year it was they had a differ saying omaha.
Speaker 4: Well no it was it was no, they have they have.
Speaker 3: Let's don't get bogged out.
Speaker 5: I forgot about it.
Speaker 3: But this year we'll find out. Someone will text us this year. What's that text line?
Speaker 5: This year it's here we go.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the text line is eight one, seven, three, two nine eight. We're not gonna get bogged down off the top with what the the tra Last year, here we go and here we go They're on the practice field.
Speaker 5: Yes, time you go.
Speaker 3: It's the it's the NFC Championship Game preview coming up on Sunday night in Santa Clara, California.
Speaker 6: Right yeah, absolutely, right now hanging out, except they got to play game six, seven and eight afterwards.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, this has gotten kind of carried away already.
Speaker 5: But it's good.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's fun.
Speaker 6: It's been a while since they've had a regular season game, not for thanks something like.
Speaker 3: This, if not for three injured offensive lineman a week ago at Arizona, be a battle of two unbeaten teams, exactly, that's neither here nor there.
Speaker 4: Wants to hear those excuses.
Speaker 3: So no excuse, no excuses this week. Okay, already I'm ready.
Speaker 5: I'm ready, Bell.
Speaker 4: I want to go to the game. I want to go out there. I want to go to the game. I'm thinking about going.
Speaker 3: Come on, are you thinking about it?
Speaker 4: You got there make a little money.
Speaker 6: You and yeah, you can always make money anyway.
Speaker 4: Weround anybody? Weroun You got the picture up there?
Speaker 7: You?
Speaker 4: Yeah, there it is. I'm sure I can find it somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah it's not here. Pictures all over.
Speaker 4: One of the You gotta go visit. Yeah, you'll see me.
Speaker 3: Ever, ladies claim to the one of the most iconic moments.
Speaker 6: And I'm sure somebody would like to talk about to talk to you about it.
Speaker 3: All right, Mickey's got all sorts of papers laid out in front of him. He's done so much research.
Speaker 5: Yes, let's see what Savannah had ever since his phone.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 4: That's it, that's it, that's all I need.
Speaker 8: Okay. Christian McCaffrey was named the NFC Offensive Player of the Week.
Speaker 5: I can see that obviously.
Speaker 6: At one hundred and seventy seven total yards, one oh six rushing, twenty carries, seventy one seventy one receiving, four touchdown, four touchdowns, four touchdown in the red.
Speaker 4: Zone, and.
Speaker 8: They were in the red zone.
Speaker 6: The three running ones were in the red zone, Yes, one, eighteen and six. And this is his thirteenth consecutive game including playoffs, with a hundred yard words more than one hundred yards from scrimmage.
Speaker 5: How about that. That's a long streak.
Speaker 4: That is. And you know what, when it comes to running backs, I can see his future. They're just gonna use him up and throw him away. That's what happens with running backs these days.
Speaker 6: And if you can believe that that breaks Jerry Rice's record, I know I heard twelve nineteen eighty seven and you guys open that.
Speaker 4: Is a lot. Now, this is impressed.
Speaker 6: This you will appreciate to history. The NFL record is seventeen straight.
Speaker 5: By Lenny Moore.
Speaker 3: Many more Baltimore Colt gotta.
Speaker 6: Go way back, right, So yeah, that's the kind of streak he is on. Did they name the defensive NFC Player of the week.
Speaker 3: I'm sure they did, and we will find.
Speaker 6: Out, and I bet it is the cornerback that had the interred Seahawks last day, the interception, Witherspoon.
Speaker 3: It was yeah, yeah, you go beat out you got the special teams got there? Does what the special teams player of the week's special teams testing Jalen Tolbert Special teams player.
Speaker 6: Well, he beat out Witherspoon, beat Outland uh for sure, because he would have been up for it with his two interceptions one return for a touchdown. But this guy's return was a little bit bigger, and he had a couple of bigger he had.
Speaker 5: It went farther, almost twice as far right, but.
Speaker 4: Story he could have been in the conversation.
Speaker 3: The fifth pick and the draft supposed to make ninety seven yard pick six is the fifth round pick? Is not surprised to Yeah, he's done it twice this year.
Speaker 6: Well, I know the Cowboys had put Aubrey up for the kicker or for special teams player of the week.
Speaker 4: He could almost good every week.
Speaker 3: You have to nominate him.
Speaker 5: I think the teams do.
Speaker 6: Really, I mean everybody probably nominates one for you know, if you have somebody.
Speaker 4: I thought the NFL shows well they do, Yeah, true, I mean they but they get hints.
Speaker 3: Nobody at the league. They can just scan the stats.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 3: I nominate your players.
Speaker 4: That's very truly. That sounds very challenges, that sounds very elementary.
Speaker 3: Yes it does. But Christian McCaffrey is on a pace I believe to have four hundred and seventeen touches this season through through four weeks of the season. They Kyle Shanahan loves to use Christian McCaffrey perfect fit for that offense or perhaps any offense. But I don't think he's gonna get four hundred and seventeen touches this season.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you can last all that's right. That often he's gonna be. I tell you what. Though he's very elusive, he knows how to avoid taking the big hits. Kind of like the way dors said was as fast as he was, he was quick enough to know not to take those big hits. And I think Christian McCaffrey's been doing that as well. I have not seen him take a big hit, not that I can think of.
Speaker 5: Pretty elusive, right, you have to be that way. Here's another one on McCaffrey.
Speaker 6: These first four games, he's had one hundred yards from scrimmage and one touchdown in each game. First NFL player to do that since twenty fourteen. I want to take any guesses who that might have.
Speaker 4: Been twenty four to what was it?
Speaker 3: What was it again?
Speaker 6: Hundred yards from scrimmage and a touchdown in the first four games of the season.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm going to say DeMarco Murray. Yes, you're bringing it up.
Speaker 4: Nice good stuff. DeMarco was the man, that guy.
Speaker 3: That was a he on Saturday, right, he will be an on the love it. There's a football game in coaching, right, He's a running backs coach, shadow you, and they need him to play running back. This week.
Speaker 6: You know what I forgot was San Francisco last year finished the regular season on a ten game winning streak, and I was thinking, well, and then they won two.
Speaker 5: Playoff games, including beating the.
Speaker 6: Cowboys, and then got beat and now I've won four more straight. So that's fourteen regular season games straight and sixteen of the last seventeen.
Speaker 5: That's pretty impressive. It is to be that consistent, right with a young quarterback.
Speaker 6: Yes, and the game they lost and the game they lost they ran out of quarterbacks. That's it, right, pretty got hurt. Josh Johnson got a concussion, and then Perty came in and couldn't throw.
Speaker 4: And then mccaffree played something, didn't he did he play?
Speaker 3: I think he took turned off that game? Game after all?
Speaker 4: The terbacks.
Speaker 3: Party last week was twenty out of twenty one for two hundred and eighty three yards. He has not thrown an interception this season, five touchdown passes for over a thousand yards, and his completion percentage, you have it in front of you there, he's eighty one out of one hundred.
Speaker 6: All I know he's number one in quarterback worrying. Would one fifteen point one?
Speaker 3: Okay? If you were going to name an MVP for the league a candidate. If the San Francisco forty nine ers were going to nominate a player off their roster for the league MVP award, would it be Brock Party or would it be Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 5: I bet it would be Christian McCaffrey.
Speaker 3: Yes, I agree, although if you look at the odds for MVP, I think Party's at like fifteen to one and McCaffrey's now at twenty five to one. But that would be based on the fact that people think that the running back will get hurt before the end of the season.
Speaker 6: Well, just since we're on McCaffrey and the Cowboys need to be on him in the games. He's the leading NFL rusher with four hundred and fifty nine yards in four games. So if you multiply that time four, I mean we're talking eighteen hundred yards seventeen hundred yards.
Speaker 5: For a season.
Speaker 6: He's number one in scrimmage yards with six hundred, number one.
Speaker 5: In scoring, no tied for number one.
Speaker 6: In scoring with forty eight points. That's not a bad start to the strange.
Speaker 3: So he has ninety eight touches for six hundred yards and seven touchdowns.
Speaker 5: There, you go, yeah, pretty impressive.
Speaker 4: So let's look at the other side.
Speaker 5: So how do you stop all right?
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Cowboys, and the Cowboys come in with the number two defense.
Speaker 5: And have had only one hiccup so far. They've only given up.
Speaker 3: That was running the football.
Speaker 6: They've only given up four touchdowns, three to Arizona, right, but they've.
Speaker 3: Only given it points outside of that Arizona, yeah.
Speaker 5: And one to the Jets.
Speaker 6: So yeah, well we'll see where this defense is, you know.
Speaker 5: And it's like you looked at the Arizona game and you.
Speaker 6: Go, Okay, that was a phenomenally all right, Well, let's see if the other three are for real in this game when they're going up against the number two offense in the league.
Speaker 4: You know, both teams they really hadn't had much of a challenge, right as far as the schedules concerned.
Speaker 3: Yeah, San Francisco. Here's San Francisco. They've scored thirty or more points at all four games. They beat Pittsburgh thirty to seven, they beat the Rams thirty to twenty three, they beat the Giants thirty to twelve, and then last week Arizona thirty five to sixteen. So you're right, I mean they. I mean, look at New England schedule coming in here. New England's one in three. Now there obviously aren't nearly the team that either San Francisco or Dallas is, but they had to open the season with Philadelphia Miami. At the time the schedule was made out, it was the Jets and Aaron Rodgers and then Dallas. That's a brutal start of the season.
Speaker 6: Seven straight regular season games having scored at least thirty points with this year, it's thirty, thirty, thirty, and thirty five.
Speaker 3: Streak's got to end sometime.
Speaker 5: Well, I think so true.
Speaker 3: And they're going up against the league's top scoring defense, number one overall, Dallas, having given up forty one points.
Speaker 8: There are some notable quick little injuries for San fran So they're O line John Feliciano he has a concussion right Deebo Samuel he's out with a knee rib injury, Elijah Mitchell running back knee injury, and then Juwan Jennings has a shin injury.
Speaker 3: And Samuel played against Arizona. He did not catch a pass against Arizona, much to the chagrin of my fantasy team. He had three carries for six yards though in that game against Arizona. But they got Brandon Nayuk back and he had six catches for one hundred and forty eight yards against the Cardinals.
Speaker 5: But my man Debo's who.
Speaker 6: Second most rushing yards for the Niners. He averages four point nine a carry, and he has the second most receiving yards at fourteen point five a reception.
Speaker 5: And lean, No, he's hurt, he'll beyond the injury report. He may be out of practice, he may not prac Yeah.
Speaker 4: Once he gets them on the field, it's over right. Yeah, he won't feel anything.
Speaker 5: Wonder if he's walking into the stadium with a boom box.
Speaker 4: This way, he might have So I think he has a designated boombox.
Speaker 3: Carrier, that's right exactly.
Speaker 4: I think they do have somebody.
Speaker 6: And I wonder if somebody is going to try to jack with the kicker too.
Speaker 9: And by the way, which by the way, by the way, this last game, Uh, they they tried messing with Aubrey in the warm ups like they're killing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, their kicker was getting in front you know how they kind of trade. Their kicker was practicing in front of Aubrey, Like what are you doing.
Speaker 4: It's like, okay, time it's time to throw down.
Speaker 5: He'll just make three more.
Speaker 4: See two kickers.
Speaker 5: Remember playoffs.
Speaker 3: And they tried to get further into her head.
Speaker 5: Yeah, because they were walking and in front of.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but those big guys I'm talking about like two kickers. Yeah, different thing that would be really funny. That was like two squirrels, you know.
Speaker 6: I think that was one that was one of Cables. That was one of Cable's big moments. He had to walk out there and break it up.
Speaker 5: Cowboys security guy. He was sitting there talking to me on the sideline. I saw what was going on. I said, Cable, I think they need your help.
Speaker 4: Why didn't you go help them?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Right, Cable just twice as big as I am.
Speaker 3: Right. And there's some news around the league this morning. Randy Gregory released by the Denver Bronco. Oh really, yes, just in his second year there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and he barely played last year.
Speaker 4: What do you think about that? Any rumors or anything? Because I mean he's a quality player. I mean, this is a guy that we leaned.
Speaker 3: On at the bottom of the league in defense.
Speaker 4: And it's his fault. It's all his fault.
Speaker 5: I wonder if he was playing it was hurt again.
Speaker 3: We'll have to look him up here.
Speaker 4: You knew we were gonna ask questions about this bill.
Speaker 3: I thought about how bad that you thought about bringing it up after the break.
Speaker 5: Everything break here and you can look it up guys.
Speaker 3: Around the league that we will get to when we come back here on mixed shots.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: And they snapped the press. Guy who looks right, it's not there. He escapes left.
Speaker 5: He'll look for a first down.
Speaker 7: Just like football, when it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know him in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade crypto currency.
Speaker 3: Prescott's gonna run this himself, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered. What are you waiting for? Get started at blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: You know that sound anywhere. It's the crisp crunch, the first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool pepsi. Finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Cowboys Football and Miller Lite a pairing can cracks a kickoff Tailgate's going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday Morning Swacker Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Cluck.
Speaker 13: America's team playing America's greatest sport.
Speaker 12: Miller Lyte, the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football Taste like Miller Time Celebrate Responsibly twenty twenty three. Miller Brown Company, Fort Worth, Texas, Demitt shuts.
Speaker 8: K Post Roofing and Waterproofing, the official roofer of the Dallas Cowboys. First text that came in here, does Gregory come home?
Speaker 5: Randy?
Speaker 3: Imagine that?
Speaker 11: Do we bring them back?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 3: Here's some details on Gregory's release. A pending release by the Broncos, sources telling Adam Schefter that he will be released, and Gregory and his Ripper sentatives had asked for his release. Earlier this week. Sources told ESPN he had been replaced in the lineup, the starting lineup this past week in Chicago by the former Oklahoma Sooner Nick Bonito, who had a sack and a forced fumble in the game. And so apparently Gregory's representative said, let me go. They are on the hook. Let's see. He signed a five year, seventy million dollar contract March of last year. His fourteen million dollar base salary this season and another five million dollars next season fully guaranteed.
Speaker 6: And if you remember correctly, the Cowboys were basically offering him the same contract, and he renigged after saying yes, I will come back and sign, and later in the day he ended up taking the offer from Denver.
Speaker 3: Wouldn't there some protection that the Cowboys had, yes, the contract.
Speaker 5: Like signing bonus. Now the Broncos are now the home.
Speaker 6: Because they didn't have that in there, because they were smarter than the Cowboys. And to answer your question, Savannah black Party, UH has been sacked seven.
Speaker 3: Times, seven times, okay. And to answer her other question with the text, is any chance of Randy imagine?
Speaker 5: I couldnot imagine.
Speaker 4: His reputation is still good though, right, you haven't heard anything bad.
Speaker 6: But if you if you bring, if you claim him on well I don't think he has to. He wouldn't be subject, I want to say, because you certainly don't want to claim that contract.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, no, they're they're eating that contract and so he'll be a free agent.
Speaker 5: I don't want nothing to do with him.
Speaker 4: I was just talking about, you know, the history of his uh drug use and things of that nature. Just one if he's okay, just as a person, you know what I mean. I was hoping that some of that didn't, you know, come back up? I mean, and that may be a reason why they got rid of who.
Speaker 3: Producer Supreme just told me, and I agree with this. The Patriots today, you know, they lost Christian Gonzalez in the game on Sunday to a torn labroom and they lost Matthew Judon to a torn biceps and both are basically well, they'll be lost for the season. They're coming out and saying that they traded for j. C. Jackson today. The Patriots did got him for Chargers. And guess what they got for j. C. Jackson. They the Chargers traded him for an exchange of late round picks in twenty twenty five. They're giving the Patriots a sixth rounder and the Patriots are giving them a seventh rounder. He didn't play the last couple of games. He had a court date in Massachusetts that he didn't show up for something, and so well now he can and now the Chargers are are biting the bullet on that contract. They're paying off that contract, they're paying the bulk of it back, and uh so the Patriots are getting him, and I would imagine the Patriots will be lining up for Randy Gregory now to replace Matthew ju Donn as the producer supreme. Not a bad adet so and my and my.
Speaker 6: Other question is like, if he came here, who's he taking snaps away from Michael Parsons to Marcus Lawrence, Sam Williams.
Speaker 3: No, No, Dante Fowler.
Speaker 5: Dante Fowler just had a.
Speaker 3: Strip, sack and a touchdown the other day.
Speaker 5: Chased him down.
Speaker 4: Didn't they thought? At first, you know, was initially.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, that's the other thing about the game the other day. If you go through the big plays in that game, the old next man up mentality, Look at what the Patriots have as next man up, and then look what the Cowboys have as next man up on their roster. The depth of this Cowboys roster. Think of the big plays in that game. Christian Gonzales goes down, they were already down. Jonathan Jones, their otherner who didn't play in the game. Next play, Cowboys pick on a corner, Miles Bryant touchdown to Cede Lamb. Okay, you look at Cowboy Cowboys with you know, Micah is on the sideline a nursing the foot injury that he sustained was out for a few plays. So Dante Fowler comes in and basically first play he runs down Mac Jones from behind, forces of fumble, Layton takes it in for a touchdown. I mean there's a whole litany of play doron Bland. Okay, Trayvon goes down, and so even though Bland has been playing in the slot, he's capable as a fifth round draft pick last year, to go play outside and he looks like Trayvon Diggs picking off a passer running back for a touchdown.
Speaker 6: You know, and then you had Tyron Smith missing and Tuma Oh never mind.
Speaker 3: Well he came in, he came on. They scored thir well, the offense scored twenty four.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but no, they've done well.
Speaker 3: I mean, even look at the jalenber Jalen Tobert on the on special teams yep. Okay, the Cowboys lost Noah Brown in free agency. They were looking for a wide receiver who can go Yeah, but he was a special teams yes, yes, yes, and so they're looking for a wide receiver who can play special teams. Okay, in this case covering a punt. Kelvin Joseph get is traded away late in training camp. You're looking for somebody who can go down and cover a punt. Well, Jaylen Tolbert show that he can go down and cover a punt in that game.
Speaker 4: I mean exactly.
Speaker 3: It's the depth of the roster is shining through time and time again.
Speaker 4: Here, I remember back in the day, Tom was very good at gunners. We always had the best athlete out there as a gunner, Anthony Dickerson Amber. Yeah, he made a real spot for himself on the team as a linebacker running down on the edge, and that was a big thing back in the day. As far as the gunners, I had to try and hold up gunners. I remember the Redskins at the time had Dexter Manly there, not just him, Charles Man also, those were two guys that they had right. So we had to hold these guys up and that was a chore. That was a big time chore. So the Cowboys had wait wait yes, man, as gunners, look it up please.
Speaker 6: I had to try and block these guys because number one quality of the gunner other than speed, is.
Speaker 5: You got to be somewhat crazy.
Speaker 4: Well, I think that's out the man that was crazy. Dexter Man and uh dexter Manley and Charles Man was out there on both sides. Look, I see you're looking that up.
Speaker 6: I'm glad you did you say I didn't sign on for this.
Speaker 4: No, it was It was easy because you know, he's just getting the guys.
Speaker 3: Here we go. Extra manly once played specialties as that gunner.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: First thing that pops up Dexter Manley gunner. I was afraid to put that in.
Speaker 4: It was easy because you know, when you have you know, they were so big you can kind of get in the way. But still it was it was a lot, you know what I mean, because that's slapping you around.
Speaker 6: Didn't I shouldn't say this, but I don't remember. But the Cowboys had like a defensive end they put out there.
Speaker 4: That was the thing I don't know about recently.
Speaker 5: Recently we had.
Speaker 4: Got everyone from Ron Fellows to Anthony Dickerson out there and they were all very good gun It's made great plays out there, just like Tolba did. That was the norm back in the agies for your gunner to make plays like.
Speaker 5: That Fellow's former speed wide receiver.
Speaker 4: That's right.
Speaker 3: And by the way, the story about Dexter Manley first making his NFL mark as a gunner on special teams. That is told in a Football Life on the NFL Network.
Speaker 4: See I.
Speaker 3: Love that.
Speaker 8: So Mikel Jones was added to the practice squad.
Speaker 3: I liked that and got the pronunciation right to Michel. Micky's sitting there going I thought it was Michael spelled. It's spelled m I k e.
Speaker 4: L okay Mike. So I like that.
Speaker 3: Look you there, and he's got Michael Jones. He's from Syracuse. He was a college free agent. He was in camp with the Chargers, and of course the Cowboys with a need at talking about depth at linebacker after releasing Devin Harper last week. He got picked up and uh Malik Jefferson actually made his Cowboys debut in the game on Sunday. Who got elevated to the fifty three out of Mesquite Potite in Texas?
Speaker 6: Michel then Michel, Michel, mich Kel, Michel, Michael, Mikel. There was probably one of the three guys they worked out yesterday. Normally on Tuesdays you bring guys in working them out, and I guess they were linebackers, and took and put him on.
Speaker 5: The squad practice squad, Yes, practice squad.
Speaker 3: Practice squad. Did we talk about the Harper release last week? Yes? Was that sending a message to the rest of the team you make a mistake on special teams.
Speaker 6: And they were trying to get him on the on the practice squad because they needed a spot for a center.
Speaker 3: And they got picked up.
Speaker 6: As it turned out, the Otis was good to go, but Hoffman they needed a backup, and Hoffman had had his three elevations, so they needed to put him on the fifty three, just.
Speaker 5: The way they did with CJ.
Speaker 6: Goodwin, their special team's ace that was going to run out of elevation, so when the spot opened they put him there.
Speaker 3: Also, I'm glad you set the record straight. Yes, Devin Harper is now a Cincinnati Bengal. Oh. Cincinnati picked up That's where he went on waivers. So all right, we're continuing with more mixshots in just a moment.
Speaker 11: The Medal of Honor is our country's highest military award for valor in combat. More than forty million individuals have served in the armed forces since the Civil War. Fewer than four thousand have received the Medal of Honor. The National Medal of Honor Museum will be a place to preserve these legacies and inspire America. It's being built right next door to the Dallas Cowboys in Texas. Help us honor our country's greatest heroes. Learn more and get involved at mohmuseum dot org.
Speaker 12: Cowboys Football and Miller Lyte. What a pairing can cracks a kickoff tailgates going way past postgame Sunday night overtimes, followed by Monday mornings Swagger, Brisky and the Smoker, Miller Lte and the Cluck.
Speaker 13: The America's team playing America's greatest sport. Miller Lte the only beer of the Dallas Cowboys. Dallas Cowboys Football taste like Miller Time. Celebrate responsibly.
Speaker 12: Twenty twenty three, miliber Own Company, Fort Worth, Texas.
Speaker 7: I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: As they snapper, the freshout who looks white, it's not there. He escapes left. He'll look for a punch down.
Speaker 7: Just like football. When it comes to crypto, it's important to have a team you can trust. With blockchain dot Com, I know I'm in good hands. Since twenty eleven, they've been trusted by millions around the world to buy, sell, and trade cryptocurrency.
Speaker 3: Prescot's gonna run this ship show, run it up the middle, and he scores.
Speaker 7: Whether you're new to crypto or an active trader, they've got you covered.
Speaker 4: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 7: Get started at blockchain dot com.
Speaker 5: You know that sounds anywhere.
Speaker 10: It's the crunch that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection. That's what we're looking for. Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool, pepsy finish nachos better with pepsi.
Speaker 4: That's what I like.
Speaker 1: Shots.
Speaker 8: Check out the latest and greatest addition to tours at AT and T Stadium and The Star in Frisco. Meet Jerry Jones, an interactive experience get a peek behind the curtain and into the fascinating life of Jerry Jones with a focus on innovative fan experience. In partnership with AT and T, this interactive technology gives tour goers the opportunity to ask mister Jones a variety of questions. For more information and to book your tour, visit Dallas Cowboys dot com slash tours.
Speaker 3: How about that all right? And the text line is a buzz right, Savannah it is.
Speaker 8: We have Arthur from Spring Texas wanting to know instead of using Deuce as a blocking back, why not use him in the slot?
Speaker 6: Well, they have lined him up in like they had some empty formations and he was one of the receivers in the slot. But the reason he was in at that time when he got he missed the blitz pick up on fourth and three, rico'dodell was out with his hip contusion, and so he was the next running back in if they weren't going to use power that laid in the game, and so that's kind of why he wasn't really there as a blocking back. That was just one of the responsibilities for the running back at that time on that play.
Speaker 3: Speaking of Rico Dowdell, Nick Harris posted just two minutes ago that Daddell is working on the cords today with Director of Rehabilitation Britt Brown as he tries to make his way back from a hip injury he suffered against New England.
Speaker 6: Somebody else was supposed to be working on the cords today. Also, it sounded like Tyron Smith would be limited today and maybe doing more than working rehab. And by the way, so remember we talked.
Speaker 3: About it.
Speaker 6: And Micah was going to be limited, but Mike said he's good to go.
Speaker 5: Remember last week.
Speaker 6: And I said it was weird that Tyron Smith was like limited during the week and looked like he was good to go. And then Saturday, flying to on wherever we were going, now Arizona, he was going to be the emergency that he couldn't play well.
Speaker 5: I heard that.
Speaker 6: After I think it was after practice and I don't know if it was here on the way to the plane, but he ended up stepping on something like stepping into a hole and twisting his knee and it wasn't even a football injury.
Speaker 3: Figure.
Speaker 4: Didn't we wait, did we have a picture for the Rangers? Messed his hand up shaking someone's hands.
Speaker 3: I don't remember that.
Speaker 4: I think Charlie Huff.
Speaker 3: That may have been, but in that same era, O Toby McDowell, I believe it was to be he hurt his hand buttering a role at the at the welcome home bunch the teams a welcome whole bunch. Pretty sure it was.
Speaker 6: And they had a picture that the dog tripped him going down the steps, right C. J.
Speaker 5: Wilson, No, No, it was Derek Collin de Yeah.
Speaker 4: I never believed that.
Speaker 9: I never.
Speaker 4: Yeah, thank you, Chris. I never did believe that. Chris was I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: They also played hockey recreational hot He didn't get heard.
Speaker 4: On the eye.
Speaker 3: He said, all it was the dog game that night on the dog.
Speaker 5: Somebody's got to kick the dog. Which, by the way, evidently they weren't.
Speaker 6: Depressed after not winning the division because the Rangers won four to nothing yesterday in the first watching that.
Speaker 8: They played this afternoon at around.
Speaker 3: You yeah right there this afternoon. The problem is they don't have any more pictures. They used their one picture yesterday.
Speaker 4: He showed out now and.
Speaker 3: He is if you look back, he's been there, one reliable starting pitcher here now five straight starts, he's going thirty four and he's giving up two runs.
Speaker 5: I was like, I was sitting there, what are you talking about? I was sitting at my desk.
Speaker 4: You are old Bill.
Speaker 6: That was the last time was sitting sitting at my desk watching it, and the guy goes it was four to nothing, right, and it was like the eighth or the or the ninth, and they pointed out that they had left.
Speaker 5: Thirteen guys on base, and I'm going, thirteen guys on base?
Speaker 3: All this is not going to turn out?
Speaker 9: Is this?
Speaker 3: Is this a mixed shut?
Speaker 5: Yes, not gonna.
Speaker 4: Chris was waiting.
Speaker 5: Well, and they had to go to the bullpen.
Speaker 6: And you had you guys for the eighth and the ninth, and they got away with it. You leave thirteen The game should have been nine to nothing right then, Especially Tampa Bay made four errors in the first four innings of the game.
Speaker 4: That's how we need it.
Speaker 6: It's almost not fun watching them because you sit there.
Speaker 5: Going, okay, I'm waiting for the next shoot to drop. The bullpen's got to come in. And they went.
Speaker 6: Retired six of the seven batters over those last two innings.
Speaker 3: You know who's turned around their season, No Clark, he's been good.
Speaker 5: Evan Carter.
Speaker 3: Evan Carter, the Knight hitter. He okay, get this, it's the young kid, right, I'm bringing one. Yeah, I'm bringing it back to the Cowboys here. Okay. Evan Carter, he was a Double A Frisco for most all the season. He like in August. Mid August, he got called up to Triple A. Okay, there are Triple A seasons winding down. Rangers got beat by the Astros in a three game series at the beginning of September. They were they got swept and the score was thirty nine to ten. It was like a Cowboy Patriot game. What thirty nine to ten or more like a Giants game which was forty forty to I knew, okay anyway, so a Doulas Garcia, got hurt and he went on the injured list. So they said, what the heck, we got nothing to lose. There's the seasons going down the tubes. They called up this Evan Carter. He had just turned twenty one a week earlier. He is from Jason Witten's hometown, Elizabethton, Tennessee. And in yesterday's game he had two doubles, he worked, two walks, started rallies for the Rangers. They thought about he's been up for three weeks, twenty three games in the big leagues. He's hitting over three hundred with five homers and five doubles in a triple and they thought about batting him in a three hole yesterday, and they wound up going ahead and putting Robbie Grossman in there, and they batted him ninth instead, just because it was his first playoff game. And by the time these playoffs are over, if they keep going here, if Evan Carter keeps going, he might be hitting in the.
Speaker 5: Three holes, especially after yesterday.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, that's right. So I mean it's amazing.
Speaker 5: And he makes a great catch in the outloit.
Speaker 3: Yeah he did early in the game. By the way. On duce Vaughan, yes, all right, we see him late in these blowouts. Okay, they've got a plan for Deuce. He's a rookie. Okay, the season's just getting going. Have some patience here, They've got There will be times this season where duce Vaughan will be a part of a game plan and he'll play a role in a Cowboys win in a significantly.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't because he couldn't pick the guy up. He didn't see it.
Speaker 6: He should have been, from what I was told, should have been looking that way because that's where the free guy was coming from. And he didn't recognize what he needed.
Speaker 3: And that's the thing about duce Vaughan. He's got the makeup about him. If he does make a mistake, he's going to learn from that mistake. And the chances of him making that mistake again are not great because he's got he's got it in his DNA. Football is in his DNA.
Speaker 4: I don't care what his DNA is. If I see him in the backfield, I'm sending a Russier. I'm going to send a blitzer. And that's just good, good football right there. As a defensive coach. Uh, he's going to have to show me that he can pick up a blitz, and I'm going to send the biggest guys after Him'm not going to send the dB after him. I'm going to send the linebacker after him to see if he can protect Dak and see if we can get Dak on the interception. Uh, you know, tirade or something, because at this point, looking at him back there, it wouldn't it wouldn't be smart not to RUSSI him. You just you gotta test him.
Speaker 3: You have had the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well they better hand it to him, my wife, they better hand.
Speaker 3: To the Texter's point that I can see him lining up in the slot and they'll figure out.
Speaker 4: What that's what they were talking about. Yeah, you gotta put my wife and that way you could you could tell a lot about what the defense is doing based on how you adjust to Deuce Bond's movement.
Speaker 6: Well you think that San Francisco looked at the Cowboys third and one at the five yard line and they're gonna throw the ball, and they overloaded their right side of the line, so the left side for the Cowboys and Tuma doubles with Tyler Smith on the inside guy and the outside guy sacked Dock minus nine.
Speaker 4: I mean it was a tough sack too, a your.
Speaker 5: Sack because you know what he was trying to do.
Speaker 6: He had Cooks on a little out route and he didn't get through the gunk over there.
Speaker 4: We are going to see a lot of pressure on the quarterback once again, right and especially with Noseeke being in there to protect. They're going to see just what we've learned from last year.
Speaker 5: That's why they've got to run the ball and they need to.
Speaker 6: They have not hit a big run yet to back people to because those safeties are been you know, playing deep yes to me, yes, and so they trust go ahead and run it, but you're not running to the end zone. And that's what Pollard did so well last year. He broke those big runs which causes you to drop a safety and not let him get in the open field. That hasn't happened yet. They've got to make teams pay for playing those cover too.
Speaker 4: We need as many of our offensive linemen to be just as strong as ever. We don't need anyone out there that's going to be, you know, a hindrance to what we're trying to do, because they are going to bring it. Then they get a guy from hag Graves right in your head, right, that's what he's thinking as I'm thinking, as I'm saying, so, they are going to bring the pressure, whether it's a pass or a run. And with these team eddy bidy running backs that we have here, and they do look itdy biddy. When it comes to those linebackers, We're going to see what kind of home I'll running backs.
Speaker 5: Hat they've got. They've got nine quarterback sacks so far.
Speaker 3: So you're thinking, Ricodoaldo is it's important to get him healthier.
Speaker 4: You gotta need You're gonna need everybody. You're gonna need everyone, And I'm not telling you, guys anything that you don't already know. Last two games that we played them, they punked us. Let's just call it. They punked us up front and pumped us as quarterback position, wide receiver position. Except for Ceedee Lamb, I didn't see anyone that tried to show any type of heart out there in regards to getting open. So let's look. I'm looking to see who's going to mature in this game. And I don't care about I do care about the win itself. But like I told y'all yesterday, it doesn't really matter what happens in this game. If you screw up the rest of the season. This game is not the game to end all games. So I'd just like to see where we're at right now as far as different positions are concerned.
Speaker 8: This actually brings me to a good question from somebody Randy and Mississippi wants to know about Jake Ferguson. Is he difference in opening up some of the passing game this week?
Speaker 4: They're gonna need the tight ends. That's what I was thinking about. They've got to come out with three tight ends. They got to come out to three tight.
Speaker 6: They showed the ability to get him the ball. This last game he had seven catches.
Speaker 3: I like his run after catch yright he was great.
Speaker 4: He thinks he's Kelsey. I love it.
Speaker 5: That's vw you.
Speaker 9: I love it.
Speaker 6: That's out of the middle of the field too, by the way, And.
Speaker 4: I always thought that he reminded me of Kelsey, And you know, I don't want to know.
Speaker 5: Yeah, let's not go down.
Speaker 4: But he reminded me. I said, he reminded me.
Speaker 3: It's occurred to me too.
Speaker 4: He doesn't just catch the ball and fall.
Speaker 3: He's looking to get more. You know, love it.
Speaker 4: He's going for that end zone.
Speaker 3: I love it for that first down or whatever it might be. He's going for that extra.
Speaker 4: Going for just be careful with the ball, but he's going for it. And we're gonna need all of our tight ends to have that kind of attitude because we're going we need them to be a locked in.
Speaker 3: And that's another one with football in his DNA. Jake ferguson his grandfather Barry Alvarez, former Wisconsin head coach years and years. Of course, the forty nine ers have a tight end who has some football.
Speaker 4: Anytime you say Wisconsin and tight end, that's a good thing.
Speaker 3: On kittles from Iowa and anytime you see iowamakers from Schoomakers, corn fed baby, bring it on. Yep, all right, think you we ran out of time, No, on the I'll give you one quick little update as far as practice goes. Not practicing today, Zach Martin, Tyron Smith, Rico O'dowdell, Peyton Hendershott who has the ankle injury. C d not an injury, just Resting d Law not an injury. Stefan Gilmour not an injury. Jonathan Hankins not an injury.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 6: Veteran Day that we're there, Veterans Day, and you get ready for a.
Speaker 5: Padded practice on Thursday. That's the big practice.
Speaker 6: Just look at the amount of snaps this offense has had over the last three weeks.
Speaker 5: Interesting, they've been out there.
Speaker 6: Interesting, So some of these offensive guys probably do need to break.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right? Does it for mixed shots for this Wednesday. We will shot at you again tomorrow at noon. Go Cowboys and Rangers.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.